10/26 - Sanctum of Rall / Tarnished Coast / Eredon Terrace

in WvW

Posted by: Shishi.6729

Shishi.6729

On a serious note though, there was some beautiful defense from TC last night. We seemed to generally have the numbers, but the TC response times were great. As soon as we started sniping yaks, the entire area was covered in TC players protecting them. That alone stalled our keep siege for about three hours while the walls were continually repaired.

It was rather amusing at one point when we took a tower with 8 people, destroyed 5g of siege inside it, and lost it again, all within fifteen minutes. I believe it was pretty effective. We distracted a zerg of 45 TC invaders for ten minutes with 8 SoR.

I have to agree that the snowball effect from the Orb buffs is somewhat OP. It’s not game-breakingly OP, but I was able to do some really dumb, risky stuff last night on my squishy Mesmer that would have gotten me killed if I hadn’t had an extra 7k HP from 3 Orbs.

EDIT: Putting several hundred supply-worth of siege in an un-upgraded, undefended tower is a great idea. You should keep doing it.

Falafelhu the Fabulous
80 Purple Norn Mesmer (Portal-on-a-Stick)
Peon of Caedas [CDS] — Sanctum of Rall

(edited by Shishi.6729)

in WvW

Shishi.6729

On the subject of guild transfers, I’m a member of Caedas. Caedas is a relatively new arrival to Sanctum of Rall, having transferred just over a month or so ago. I definitely understand and empathize with the arguments and emotions that I’ve seen expressed in these threads about the impact that guild transfers have on the balance of WuvWuv, but Caedas coming to SoR has been a very positive experience for me.

Before Caedas came (and a number of bandwagoneers followed), there were virtually no organized WuvWuv guilds around. As a native Rallian, I spent quite a bit of time in the BLs, running around on my own, generally being useless, with my own casual guild only making half-hearted attempts at doing anything in it.

Caedas and guilds like it bring their organization and experience to servers that haven’t had the chance to develop it. As a result, the general skills-base and discipline of the WuvWuv-ing player base of SoR has increased. Contrary to what seems to be popular opinion, I do not believe this increase in overall skill-base of the Rallian population is because of the influx of players from more WuvWuv-focused worlds, but rather because they have trained natives like me to be better, more disciplined players, bringing this discipline and organization to the zerg.

As a result of this, I think we’ll see the skills of WuvWuv players globally increase, rather than stagnate, as the cycles of server transfers continue.

EDIT: No disrespect intended to the WuvWuv guilds on SoR who predate Caedas, I just never saw/interacted with you much.

Falafelhu the Fabulous

in WvW

Posted by: fishergrip.4082

fishergrip.4082

Orb buffs are gamebreakingly op when you have a matchup that is already this unbalanced. TC and ET will not see an orb this week.

Maid Of The Coast

in WvW

Posted by: Urrid.4593

Urrid.4593

I just wanted to say a big thank you to everyone for elevating the mood in this thread.

And to the fearful Dreadlord Silver, you’ve almost convinced me to peel myself away from the Borderlands and see what your crew is like in that Eternal Battleground of yours.

And to buy you a grog. You like grog, yes?

Orb buffs are gamebreakingly op when you have a matchup that is already this unbalanced. TC and ET will not see an orb this week.

The week will tell! Now I view this as a challenge.

Coral -Mesmer- Omnomnivore and TC’er.

(edited by Urrid.4593)

in WvW

Shishi.6729

@fishergrip.4082

I’m a big fan of swapping the Outmanned buff for the Orb buff. That way the winners are encouraged to go farm and stop spawn camping while the underdogs get a bit of a boost. Someone else recommended having the Outmanned buff give +siege damage. That makes sense to me too.

Only thing is, if they nerfed the Orb buff, no one would bother trying to defend them :/

Falafelhu the Fabulous

in WvW

Posted by: Rpgtabbycat.5869

Rpgtabbycat.5869

They still would go grab them if they made the orbs be worth as many points or even almost as many points as say the castle. Which may be a much better idea than the way it currently is with the orbs giving OP stat bonuses. It might also help prevent one server from completely running away with the match leading to overall boredom for everyone.

in WvW

Shishi.6729

They still would go grab them if they made the orbs be worth as many points or even almost as many points as say the castle. Which may be a much better idea than the way it currently is with the orbs giving OP stat bonuses. It might also help prevent one server from completely running away with the match leading to overall boredom for everyone.

That’s an excellent idea. Here’s hoping Anet game devs actually read the forums.

Falafelhu the Fabulous

in WvW

Posted by: Unloveableone.6082

Unloveableone.6082

SoR. No matter what you do to us we will never give up. Viva La Resistance! Well make this week hell for you ;D

in WvW

Shishi.6729

SoR. No matter what you do to us we will never give up. Viva La Resistance! Well make this week hell for you ;D

Ha! I’m looking forward to it

Falafelhu the Fabulous

in WvW

Posted by: oldephartte.4369

oldephartte.4369

As long as we have bad luck Mara on SOR, pretty much any guild or commander is welcome

Just another run-of-the-mill gamer.

Running on SoR from day 1 minute 1

in WvW

Posted by: theguildless.1386

theguildless.1386

There were some good battles this afternoon at Woodhaven (TC BL), although I am under the impression SoR wasn’t really trying. I enjoyed pulling quite a few of you off the cliff — gotta enjoy those small victories, right?

I’m one of the WvWer that will continue to show up throughout the week, but it saddens me to see people judge our presence by the score or by their ability to work on their achievement. TC BL was full at one point around 3pm EST, and no we weren’t able to coordinate and do anything meaningful. But people are showing up, at least respect that.

Always question your assumptions.
Tarnished Coast

in WvW

Posted by: jonreece.6235

jonreece.6235

Actually, I’d set it up so that you wouldn’t earn any points if you didn’t hold an orb, x1 if you have one, x1.5 if you have two, x2 if you have all three. Instead of an “orb buff” for holding them, you get a 5% bonus for each orb held by an enemy.

That way it is a double edged sword… while you hold all three, you gain nicely, but both enemies are tough.

Clyde Steward – Phoenix from the Ashes [PftA] – Tarnished Coast

in WvW

Unloveableone.6082

There were some good battles this afternoon at Woodhaven (TC BL), although I am under the impression SoR wasn’t really trying. I enjoyed pulling quite a few of you off the cliff — gotta enjoy those small victories, right?

I’m one of the WvWer that will continue to show up throughout the week, but it saddens me to see people judge our presence by the score or by their ability to work on their achievement. TC BL was full at one point around 3pm EST, and no we weren’t able to coordinate and do anything meaningful. But people are showing up, at least respect that.

We are actually still battling there at this moment. Its been a very long fight. I am baffled we are even holding out this long but we won’t just give up to SoR lol.

in WvW

Unloveableone.6082

Actually scratch that, we just lost it.

in WvW

Urrid.4593

/shrug

I hate being stuck at work! :*(

in WvW

Posted by: Mara.5372

Mara.5372

As long as we have bad luck Mara on SOR, pretty much any guild or commander is welcome

/Sigh.

Leader Mara [EPIC]| Sanctum of Rall Commander

in WvW

Posted by: Sweetevil.9208

Sweetevil.9208

Mara is freaking awesome!! You clearly don’t know what your talking about!

Mara ignore those people, haters!

We <3 Mara!

SoR [RUN]

in WvW

Posted by: Kuthos.9623

Kuthos.9623

Mara’s one of our better (if not best) commanders. How are they “self promoters” as you say they are?

Someone seems a little jealous that people like Mara imo.

Keep up the good work Mara, we appreciate it. And also we appreciate EPIC. Anytime I’ve run with them, they’re a good bunch of people.

in WvW

Posted by: Lathalshal.7831

Lathalshal.7831

RoninDB.9540 Wrote “Watch your back, because I want our keep back Get out of our house!”

Jaden, would that be garrison, Hill’s or Bay? I can make sure the Defiance Crew is there to play. Grab Pink, and all the others and message me where to meet you. Its always a good fight when we meet on the battle field. Tosses out a gauntlet. . . Toast BL all week. Bring it all, we will let your 6 gods sort it out. . .

Amoral ~ Guardian
Defiance [RUN] ~ Officer
Commander on SoR

in WvW

Posted by: Twinbros.5372

Twinbros.5372

Actually, I’d set it up so that you wouldn’t earn any points if you didn’t hold an orb, x1 if you have one, x1.5 if you have two, x2 if you have all three. Instead of an “orb buff” for holding them, you get a 5% bonus for each orb held by an enemy.

That way it is a double edged sword… while you hold all three, you gain nicely, but both enemies are tough.

That would only exacerbate the problem, wait..you must be a arenanet employee to come up with that and actually think it was a good idea lol.

Tarnished Coast. 80 Elementalist , 80 Ranger, 80 Mesmer, 80 Guardian

in WvW

Posted by: Sweetevil.9208

Sweetevil.9208

We love EPIC and we love Mara!
Agree with Kuthos Mara is a Fantastic commander!
I will run with Mara anytime, anywhere
Also bailed us out a few times against SoS when everybody was running around like chickens with their heads cut off, no organization and no leadership. Mara logged on and changed the game.
Learn your facts before you slander somebody.

SoR [RUN]

in WvW

Posted by: rhyein.6172

rhyein.6172

RoninDB.9540 Wrote “Watch your back, because I want our keep back Get out of our house!”

Jaden, would that be garrison, Hill’s or Bay? I can make sure the Defiance Crew is there to play. Grab Pink, and all the others and message me where to meet you. Its always a good fight when we meet on the battle field. Tosses out a gauntlet. . . Toast BL all week. Bring it all, we will let your 6 gods sort it out. . .

I don’t think that’s who you think it is.

in WvW

Posted by: VictorTroska.3725

VictorTroska.3725

Yet another boring week in WvWvW. I hate games where once side is impossible to win since start be that my own server or some other. I prefer at least bit balanced games than total domination.

in WvW

oldephartte.4369

I’ve been on SoR since day one. I have been or BLs with and without badluck mara.

Last week was good in that was never on a server she was giving bad strat on.

Was with the group that took EB last night. No mara. Good times.

in WvW

Urrid.4593

Coral smells! Coral smells!

You will pay for this! Let’s keep the convo on the match, worm.

Wait, why can’t I inspire people on the battlefield???

in WvW

oldephartte.4369

We want Commanders who inspire by actions, not words.

Some Commanders belong a few tiers down.

in WvW

oldephartte.4369

EB started off with 2 pretty evenly matched guilds with 2 different strategies. One worked. One didn’t. And we survived a new build.

Hind sight is such a wonderful pacifier.

in WvW

Posted by: Lathalshal.7831

Lathalshal.7831

Oh Darn I thought it was commander Jaden, My appologies, but hey come on out. Bring Commander Jaden, and Karage (?spelling) and anyone else. we are enjoying the fights.

Amoral ~ Guardian
Defiance [RUN] ~ Officer
Commander on SoR

in WvW

Shishi.6729

The prime-timers wake up and all of a sudden people are trash-talking again o.o

Falafelhu the Fabulous

in WvW

Posted by: fishergrip.4082

fishergrip.4082

@ Shishi.6729

You don’t need an orb in a keep to have motivation to defend it. And karma/gold/exp/magic find buffs could provide just as much incentive to defend them as the current buffs.

Maid Of The Coast

in WvW

Posted by: Scorpio Shirica.1286

Scorpio Shirica.1286

I think the real issue is that TC has platue’d as the best PUG server ever. We don’t really have big guilds, save for maybe 3…. PiNK is the largest. We’ve got the best skirmishers for any other tier, but we can’t get more than 100 people into any VOIP and even when coordinated… it takes a little while to get moving.

in WvW

Posted by: Obed.7629

Obed.7629

Props to Tarnished Coast. I’ve been playing most of the day, and SoR has consistently maintained a PPT in the 600’s. Yet every time I run into TC, they are in a cohesive group causing lots of pain to me and my guys.

All I can figure is that there just aren’t enough of you in WvWvW, because at the unit level you kick kitten.

in WvW

oldephartte.4369

Recruit Mara!!!!!!!

in WvW

Posted by: Harhar.5021

Harhar.5021

Yawn…

Welp, back to the halloween event… This is going to be one boring week for wvw…

in WvW

Posted by: Fallout.1798

Fallout.1798

ET is pretty much a no show so far during this match so I don’t think there is any way there could be any sort of an alliance. I honestly haven’t even seen one person from ET yet.

I’m from ET, and we HAVE been trying. But we are hoplessly outnumbered. A while ago we took a tower back and held it. But then, just like what happened last week to us from Blackgate, we got overwelmingly swarmed by the winning team. It was as if SoR was finding the fact that we owned a single tower was unacceptable, and must be stopped at all costs. If you wanted to make it an interesting battle, then at least give us a chance and not make it apear so hopless that we can’t event take a single tower or keep back.

Stormbluff Isle
[AoD]- Commander Vars Wolf

in WvW

Posted by: Peetee.9406

Peetee.9406

Haven’t spent much time with Mara so I can’t say in good concious how good she is but I have spent a good amount of time following Bavragor and he does a very good job.

Kayku
[CDS] Caedas
Sanctum of Rall

in WvW

oldephartte.4369

Most reasonable, non-Zerg players haven’t. Or not for long.

in WvW

Posted by: Kuthos.9623

Kuthos.9623

Wow, you’re really going out of your way to bash Mara aren’t you? She steal your candy for halloween? lol

There’s a thread where someone asked “Who is your server’s best commander” and about 30% of the responses on that thread were Mara alone. That alone says something about her ability as a commander. Even other servers were impressed by how many people were nominating her.

So obviously it upsets you that people seem to enjoy following her.

Want a hug? You sound like you need one

I’m not in their guild, and have no reason to “promote” them if they weren’t decent enough. We’ve got some “questionable” commanders imo, but I’m not going to sit on a forum and bash them if I dislike their leadership.

(edited by Kuthos.9623)

in WvW

oldephartte.4369

My initial reply seems to have evaporated into the ether.

No more out of my way than those who refuse to acknowledge dangerous incompetence.

in WvW

Posted by: Sharpclaw.7510

Sharpclaw.7510

I’m finding that harder and harder to believe..Sorry. Scores speak louder than forum posts at this point. :\

Except the score is not necessarily indicative of a player’s (or even realm’s) enjoyment or resolve. People are still hitting the bricks after all, so that alone sort of pops the bubble a bit on that one. It only is really is any issue if it starts to affect, say, people’s willingness to pay for upgrades and such.

But that’s about as far as the point count goes since the system as a whole is pretty borked. There has been times when there’s been servers that should not have been going up against us and times when we’ve gone up against servers where it cuts the same way. There’s gotta be some more variables taken into account.

That or you adjust the way WvW actually works beyond the score and server ranks. This would probably be the more ideal thing. Say, dealing with orbs and buffs or potentially making it’s economy and currency self contained. That sort of thing.

A lot of the bad blood seems to be because we filled the coordinator role on our previous homes, so when we left it really upset a lot of people on TC and SoS and caused a coordination disruption.

This is a bit self aggrandizing, wouldn’t you say? And not really true. “People are upset at us because they didn’t know what to do when we left”. It’s silly. I can list commanders who did primarily more coordination and I can certainly name guilds that do so as well. I can do it for each specific zone.

Sometimes the easiest answer is the closest to the truth. If we suffered from a major lack of coordination after you left, we wouldn’t have continued to put up the generally solid showings we have.

There’s really one person and one name to blame for bad blood. Beyond that, there’s nothing more to it. Unfortunately, your guild was represented in a poor public manner.

That’s changed though (although I think Xercisis jumped the gun a bit on the defense) so I wouldn’t dwell on it. You’re much better off as you are now than you were, that’s certain.

We’ll fight for our home, like we always have. And now that you’ve found one (and a really cool server too, I might add…), you can too.

PS. I want more pirate talk. Should that just be the default language of these forums or this thread? Can we do that? It’d be pretty awesome.

in WvW

Shishi.6729

You may only pirate talk on the forums if you RP a pirate 100% of the time.

By official decree of Falafelhu the Fabulous

Falafelhu the Fabulous

in WvW

Posted by: reclis.4705

reclis.4705

Olde I just reported every post on this page of yours. We dont need people like you on SoR. Seriously grow up.

Rekklis- Goat Faced Mesma
Reclis- Overweight Warrior
{GSCH/ROAR} Sanctum Of Rall

in WvW

oldephartte.4369

Seriously. people can say that a mediocre Commander is best and that’s okay. Makes every other second best or worse.

But if you disagree you get reported.

For what.

Expressing an opinion.

Get a life.

typo edit

in WvW

oldephartte.4369

P.S.

If i get banned for mediocre, or marginally better, than by any standard of fair and balanced “best” and “better” get banned as well. Agreed??

in WvW

Posted by: Prime.8792

Prime.8792

You are too obsessed with Mara. I know there are many white knights for her too, but you are getting creepy/stalker level.

Take a timeout for your own good. No one is getting paid to wear a commander icon. What’s the point of being over judgmental?

in WvW

oldephartte.4369

Not losing and not condoning BS.

in WvW

Posted by: Palefire.6259

Palefire.6259

I don’t condone BS either. And your posts have been reported and you should be banned.

Sanctum of Rall [SAVD]

in WvW

Posted by: Moderator.9532

Moderator.9532

Please keep this discussion civil, friendly and productive. Keep in mind that if you want to discuss issues on our forums, you have to do it in a constructive way.

in WvW

Shishi.6729

No one is getting paid to wear a commander icon.

Man. I wish I could get paid to wear a commander icon.

You know, I’ve never seen a Mesmer commander. Seems like it would be pretty OP, they could drop a portal, turn off their icon, drop the exit, then boom, instant zergbomb.

Falafelhu the Fabulous

in WvW

Posted by: Sharpclaw.7510

Sharpclaw.7510

You may only pirate talk on the forums if you RP a pirate 100% of the time.

By official decree of Falafelhu the Fabulous

My charr does have a pirate crew….

That be enough fer me ta talk as a scallywag! Now, we’ll be chatting about the keehaul that ArenaaaarrrrrNet’s rulings fer the world fightin’. I still be of the scurvy opinion (and, yes, that be an opinion without vitamin c) that findin’ a way to keep our plunders only in the Worrrld fightin’s ain’t no bad idea a’tall.