10/26 - Sanctum of Rall / Tarnished Coast / Eredon Terrace

in WvW

Posted by: Tallis.5607

Tallis.5607

I can’t help but feel that if Eredon had a larger force SoR would not be as dominant as they are (obviously).

Not only that, but Eredon fights against TC. I’ve been killed three times by Eredon forces that were skirmishing SoR.

Tallis – Perpetual newbie – Tarnished Coast.
Always carries a towel – Never panics – Eats cookies.

in WvW

Tallis.5607

>> Score update: no reason to play WvW this week.

Yeah. There needs to be some tweaks to the system. Some ideas that would make things more fun would be…
- Less powerfull orbs.
- Reset the map once or twice during the week.
- Make people queue when their side has +/- 15 people more then the other sides.
- Give some supply to the main location.
- When there are less than 20 people of your side, let them carry 20 supply each.
- Change the spawn area so that it’s easier to go to another supply camp than the north.

in WvW

Posted by: Dear Hunter.8365

Dear Hunter.8365

Hope everyone is have a good week Looking forward to some good fights in WvWvW. Goodluck!

Dear Hunter The Colorful Charr Guardian
USA (United Sanctum Alliance)
Sanctum of Rall

in WvW

Posted by: Maniac.5163

Maniac.5163

Oh, please. Everybody has their “spawn camping” moments. I even made you a pretty screenshot.

Attachments:

in WvW

Posted by: Warlord.9074

Warlord.9074

TC is a real good server, don’t feel bad about this week. SoR has a lot of players who just WvW. There is PVE on the server, but a lot of guilds moved to SoR just for WvW. So your facing a server with ques that are always full except in the wee hours of the morning.

Plus its not like you cant exit, there are multiple ways out of the spawn on top of that, If you didn’t stand there trying to get out of that particular exit SoR would probably get bored and move on. You also have the option of using tactics and flanking spawn killers by taking your zerg out another exit and going from behind them.

Don’t call foul when your not using good judgement.
About the spawn camping TC does it too. You may have never been a part of that but when TC is winning they do it, I’ve been on the receiving end of TC spawn camping when I was on another server.

“Just press 2 to win all the dps was us cuz we’re a
warrior and we’re the best class” Eugene

(edited by Warlord.9074)

in WvW

Posted by: yiannit.2083

yiannit.2083

This is like the match vs. Blackgate only difference is BG actually has skilled players/guilds. SoR has a lot of unskilled players but they can filed masses. There’s one guild that stands out on there and that’s RUN which I have yet to encounter any skillful players. They’re the goon squad of SoR it seems.

in WvW

Tallis.5607

Well, as long as Eredon continues to fight people from TC instead of SoR, this map will stay that way.

Seriously… all 4 maps are green and you go after the few blue spots…

in WvW

Tallis.5607

Plus its not like you cant exit, there are multiple ways out of the spawn on top of that

No… SoR even puts 10 people outside the TC spawn point on the Eredon map. Ofcourse, sometimes it’s fun, because if you’re lucky you can fear them into the range of the legendary defenders and they die.

But all-in-all, camping on spawn points makes the whole WWW thing a very sad experience this week.

(edited by Tallis.5607)

in WvW

Posted by: KitaYumi.7048

KitaYumi.7048

Actually, the match against Blackgate was less one-sided than the current one. I am not certain whether that has to do with the difference of skill/tactics/numbers between Blackgate and Sanctum of Rall, or because of the Halloween events.

in WvW

Posted by: Cat Amiss.9463

Cat Amiss.9463

This is like the match vs. Blackgate only difference is BG actually has skilled players/guilds. SoR has a lot of unskilled players but they can filed masses. There’s one guild that stands out on there and that’s RUN which I have yet to encounter any skillful players. They’re the goon squad of SoR it seems.

lol don’t accuse of stuff you don’t know, SoR has many skilled players and guilds and great tactics and i’ve seen 1st hand and been a part of them
Like any server it has less adequate players too but even the top server has those…a poor loser only crys that the winning team is terrible at winning

Mind you this match is pretty boring atm but I’ve had some definite fun battles against TC also, trying to take garrison back on their map, they can hold out very strong if they want to

80 Elementalist – Sykotik Death
Leader of FEAR – Sanctum of Rall
www.feargw2.com

in WvW

Posted by: OldRodKS.9758

OldRodKS.9758

TC player here.

I don’t understand something… last night I queue’d up for TC BG map and had to wait about 5 minutes to get in, so that means we had 500 people on the map right?

Where were they all? We were fighting pretty much at DE and WH most of the 3 hours I was on and there were nowhere near 500 TC people at those two places. And any time I left those areas with a group to get supplies or whatever, we never saw any other groups of TC out and about. Where were they?

Is it 500 total spread over all 4 BG maps? Or 500 per map? I don’t see where all these people were at.

I just started playing WvW last week, and I admit, I only went in there to get my map completion. But I enjoyed playing it, so I stuck around this week, even though SoR has dominated us from the outset. I don’t even look at the scoreboard since I know we are so far behind. I just listen to the commanders and help out with whatever objective we’re assaulting next. I totally suck at PvP, but I’ve managed to get a couple solo kills with my level 40 ranger, so I’m learning

I guess what I’m trying to say is this… ET/TC, don’t look at the score. Just focus on what you are fighting to take/defend at the moment and enjoy the game. Even though we are outgunned and overmatched, we manage to take an objective away from SoR once in a while and hold it for a little bit before they take it back.

Playing on Tarnished Coast
Playing a various Stormspire alt – if it’s Stormspire, it’s probably me
Guilds: Elder Prophets [EP], Principality of New Katulus (PiNK)

in WvW

Posted by: fancy dagger feast.7520

fancy dagger feast.7520

Tallis -

On any (server name) borderland you have 3 ways out of your spawn if your in the south west or south east positions you can either go out north (main way) or you can go out the left and right to go to the respected supply camp it helps alot when being spawn camped. If you have never used those exits its hard to realise they are there but they are alive and well ready to be used

in WvW

Tallis.5607

last night I queue’d up for TC BG map and had to wait about 5 minutes to get in, so that means we had 500 people on the map right?

I doubt that that 500 number is accurate. I had to queue too and there is no way that there were 500 people on at our side. Not. Even. Close. Our mini-zerg was like 40 people and there were maybe 50 other people running around.

I seriously doubt that the cap is 500.

in WvW

Posted by: Vorpal.4683

Vorpal.4683

I thought the cap was 100 people per BG.

If you’ve got a bot ball of 20-30 bots and a handful of afk players you can have to wait in queue and then when you get in hardly see anyone on your side actually fighting.

in WvW

OldRodKS.9758

Well, according to the wiki:

“Player limits are not yet finalized, but current estimates are that each of the four maps support up to 500 players, split across the three worlds, for a total upper limit of 2,000 players across the entire WvW match”

So I guess I misunderstood. But I wonder if there is a limit per server, with the total being 500? Because SoR players talk about 3+ hour queues and there were several times yesterday when I got in immediately and the longest I had to wait was ~5 minutes during prime time last night, but we sure seemed outnumbered every time I was on.

in WvW

Posted by: Shaojack.3871

Shaojack.3871

Tell me how you REALLY feel. =D
We miss you too, btw we haven’t run organized since Friday night which was a good fight on TC Borderlands. Sorry we weren’t challenging you enough, your input has been noted.
Also which guild tag are you representing if ya don’t mind sharing?

Brojack (80 Thief) / Shaojack(80 Warrior) / Shaokuma(80 Guardian) / Shaojax(80 Ranger)

Sanctum of Rall

(edited by Shaojack.3871)

in WvW

Tallis.5607

Well, according to the wiki:

“Player limits are not yet finalized, but current estimates are that each of the four maps support up to 500 players, split across the three worlds, for a total upper limit of 2,000 players across the entire WvW match”

I hope that it is not ‘’500 for all sides together’‘, but like ’’166 for each side’’ else the imbalance would even be greater.

in WvW

Posted by: Vorpal.4683

Vorpal.4683

There is no way each realm has 500 people in a map. This is most evident if you stand by the portal when a reset happens and watch all the people streaming in. The number that get in before the queue hits and no more come in is much much closer to 100 than 500.

in WvW

Posted by: Vexacion.3971

Vexacion.3971

I thought the 500 per map/2000 total was for all 3 worlds? So each side would have around 166 per map.

in WvW

Posted by: fishergrip.4082

fishergrip.4082

Score update: here’s a 695 notched!

Nobody cares about your all-green orb score updates. Stop spamming the thread with them. Any of us can log in or check http://mos.millenium.org/matchups#NA if we want to know the scores.

Maid Of The Coast

in WvW

Posted by: Frosty and Frosty Law Firm.4981

Frosty and Frosty Law Firm.4981

As usual, It’s a 1v1 of Tarnished Coast versus whoever their over-guilded pvp server opponent is :/

Grind Wars 2: Heart of Tears

in WvW

Shaojack.3871

Well Frosty, your next match up looks to be in your favor. =D

As for the Orb bonus, it needs to be clipped some.
Or at least moved around some to other kinds of buffs.
Maybe instead reduce the player bonus’s to like 1% or 2% per orb and maybe give a cost reduction in upgrades, even a slight decrease or something with supply, just give a bunch of more subtle bonuses to still make them valuable while not game breaking.

Brojack (80 Thief) / Shaojack(80 Warrior) / Shaokuma(80 Guardian) / Shaojax(80 Ranger)

Sanctum of Rall

in WvW

OldRodKS.9758

Granted I’ve only been playing WvW a short time, but even I can see that boosting one team’s health by 15% and adding 150 to each stat for having all 3 orbs is game-breakingly HUGE!

Sure, it’s a big accomplishment, and that team should be rewarded, but why not give them a 1-2% boost and then give them some amount of points for each turn where they hold the orbs.

in WvW

Posted by: ChairGraveyard.2967

ChairGraveyard.2967

The Orb design is seriously ridiculous right now. It basically just gives whatever server has the population advantage a massive force multiplier every match. Not to mention that whatever server is winning usually just hacks the Orbs away anyway (cough SoR cough).

Giving a massive force multiplier to the already-winning and larger population team is horrible design.

Right now due to all the cheating and junk going on it’s also impossible to finish the monthly. There’s hardly anyone but SoR online in WvW so it’s 10 people vs 500.

in WvW

Posted by: Sharpclaw.7510

Sharpclaw.7510

Can’t log into WvW right now. That’s happening for other people too? I wanted to leap into TC borderlands and crack some skulls.

This has been an odd week for WvW, the Halloween event and the storms and everything. I’m eager to get back in.

in WvW

Shaojack.3871

The Orb design is seriously ridiculous right now. It basically just gives whatever server has the population advantage a massive force multiplier every match. Not to mention that whatever server is winning usually just hacks the Orbs away anyway (cough SoR cough).

Giving a massive force multiplier to the already-winning and larger population team is horrible design.

Right now due to all the cheating and junk going on it’s also impossible to finish the monthly. There’s hardly anyone but SoR online in WvW so it’s 10 people vs 500.

I would agree with everything you say, except saying we need to hack the orbs.
If someone did do it, seriously screenshot it and expose them, I havent talked to a single commander on SoR that would promote that and would report it.

Besides that, we own every single keep, I guess we could hack it from our own keep and… move it to one of the other two? I’m not even trying to be combative about it but your comment deserves such a response.

Sanctum of Rall

in WvW

Posted by: Scorpio Shirica.1286

Scorpio Shirica.1286

On the subject of spawn camping…

You can see Matt Witter’s full post here.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/wuvwuv/Small-update

Hi everyone!

First off, good luck to everyone on the new matches, and congratulations to Kaineng on their first win!

Some have asked for an update regarding WvW, and what work is being done on it. As….

We are also looking at ways to better support players that are getting shut down on maps. Again this is something very new, so we are not able to say anything on how this will work. However, the goal is to make players able to leave the spawn areas with ease….

Now, if one of the lead Game Designers acknowledges the difficulties in leaving the spawn area, I can only presume those justifying spawn camping most know more than those who designed the game. /sarcasm

Just because you are spawn camping one exit of three, doesn’t take away from the fact that you are spawn camping.

To the one FA guy complaining of the treb shot from the tower towards the citadel, lol. When TC is talking about spawn camping, they are talking about a dozen ballistae, multiple trebs with both cow and boulder fire in the Eternal Battle grounds. (See attached photo.) We’re not talking about the random raid through the north supply camp that happens to be near your spawn in your home borderlands, or that treb firing for the lolz towards the invulnerability area.

These trebs firing in Eternal were protecting their ballista, which’s entire point was to keep the primary spawn exit locked down.

As far as TC being as fairweather as FA, I also laugh.

We have had queues multiple times in different maps, even when we own only a supply camp. Anyone who refuses to acknowledge the tenacity of the Tarnished Coast Militia and Guilds is simply in denial or envy. While it may appear that we are outnumbered, often times it is simply due to the nature of our fractured armies. We have some great skirmishers harassing back lines, while SoR brings an entire 40+ man guild towards our slowly growing 30+ man squad made of rugged individuals.

The primary reason for this loss isn’t orbs or numbers, we were simply outplayed during the opening matches. I know it’s easier to state that it was the orbs’ fault, the fairweathers’ fault… many other things’ fault, harder to swallow that we are fighting better opponents. But I’ve seen them take a tower, dropping siege to defend it, before the siege lord is even down. I rarely see them break ranks in an organized fight, they move and fight together in beautiful maneuvers. I’ve learned a lot fighting some of these SoR guilds. Sure, there is -some- snowballing. But after coming back and beating SoS, I know the snowballing isn’t enough to defeat TC.

SoR has some very skilled, very tenacious fighters. While they have their trolls (See: something flame for TC), they are overall good sports and great fighters. Just like we have our 5-man groups trying to pounce FA’ers at spawn, SoR has 15-20, because they have larger guilds/groups to do anything our individuals typically do.

Maybe in time, TC will form more large scale WvWvW guilds. In the meantime, I’m proud to fight with some of the best small WvWvW guilds and militia in the game.

For the Coast!

Attachments:

in WvW

Posted by: sceptus.9415

sceptus.9415

I may have complained about spawn camping, and hidden thieves on capture points in this thread (for which I already apologized for), but in no way do I think SoR hacked orbs this week, or even cheated in any way. Most good thieves are abusing the stealth mechanic right now, our thieves included.

In fact, from what I’ve seen this week, SoR is playing with a lot more organization than BG was when we lost to them. Even though we lost to BG, we kept our score higher and our group tactics were much more effective against them. SoR has a much better response time than BG did and their multi-group organization isn’t just a zerg. Their thieves are top notch and in groups deadly as hell. Their mesmers are a pain in the kitten and have taught us a lot this week. If anything, when we lose this week we go into next match better than before.

So no matter what I’ve said in this thread, in the end I’ve gained a lot of respect for SoR. I would like to see TC have more organization in WvW, but also not at the expense of our community/social aspect. I don’t think we will ever be tier 1 or even 2 material, but that isn’t a bad thing. You can always expect a good fight from us, even with naysayers like Twinbros coming and saying different. The proof is there, even with the score, we show up every night and do the best we can.

The people who know me in the game know I’m a pretty laid back person, but I’m super competitive. I’m going to improve my presence from this day forward on these boards. Frankly, I’m totally devoted to TC. These people are my friends. The server is my home. You couldn’t pay me to leave.

GG this week, SoR, and good luck next week.

EDIT: P.S. I do agree with what Commander Floxxx said above. My complaints about spawn camping are really more directed at a select few who put siege equipment in places where its just bad form. I’m not blaming SoR, and I certainly know we had some of our players doing it last week. I think its just bad sportsmanship when you are already pounding an enemy into the dirt. On the flip side, some of you folks are treating this like a real war and I get that. I’m not one of the people that continue going out the same entrance and dying over and over. You can ask some of the people in this thread in fact. I play as Colbane (Guardian), Hern (Thief), or Sceptus (Engineer) most the time.

Hern | Sceptus | Vulkus | Colbane
[DIS] and [TTC]
Tarnished Coast

(edited by sceptus.9415)

in WvW

Posted by: mmartong.1794

mmartong.1794

I have been on SOR for almost two weeks now after spending some time on a few servers and here’s what I’ve discovered:

1. SOR has a core base of players who have been there from day 1 and really care about the community and is a little upset w/ the antics of a small number of guilds/players. These guilds/players are far more interested in having a fun competitive WvW environment than they are in playing in the tier one match. (IMO the majority fall into this category)
2. Win at all cost players/guilds. Unfortunately, I’ve seen this as well. It’s one thing to push people back to their spawn point after they have tried to capture the tower/camp closest to it. It’s quite another when you basically sit there and pick off every single person who tries to move outside the spawn area. Yeah I know…War is a not far…I get that….however, being so oppressive is a akin the muscle bound jock picking a fight w/ the 90 lb. science geek in school…There’s in fun in that.
3. Cheaters…there are a few here…I have seen/heard about them on each of the four servers I have spent time. Outside of reporting cheats/hacks not sure what can be done.

As for giving up….I’ve seen times when each of them have put up a challenge. I’ve seen small hit and run teams take camps and ck. points from SOR and I thought it was good to see.

@mmartong
Sanctum of Rall

in WvW

Posted by: HenryAu.7523

HenryAu.7523

I agree with Sceptus, SoR’s organization and dedication really surprised me. On Fri and Sat, it seems every key camp SoR owned are upgraded and had 3-5 people defending them. Those upgraded guards really hurt and we probably should’ve used 10 men to take each camp. The key dolyaks are also protected by 3-5 players full time. We’re used to having independent 5-men teams for yak sniping and camp flipping, so none of that worked effectively on Fri and Sat.

Each tower and keep always seemed to have around 3 people inside, even when the whole map was green. All the towers are fully upgraded. I have spent hours defending towers where no attacks come, so I know just how boring it could be. When we played BG and they own most things, a lot of the towers are wooden and unguarded. So I was really impressed by the dedication of SoR defenders.

Overall I gained much respect to to SoR server and its players. I’m not quite sure why you do /laugh when you gank stragglers in a group but whatever. I hope you guys get all the way to Tier 1 ASAP and stay away from us in Tier 3. I’ll continue to fight in this asymmetric war but I’m not sure how much difference it’ll make from your point of view.

- Hella Firestarter, lvl 80 Asura Engi from [HOT] or [LEV]

in WvW

Posted by: Ljiona.9142

Ljiona.9142

I can say Friday SoR just played better. Both sides had even numbers and queues were filled. Most of the SoR guilds are old DAOC and Warhammer ones that know how to maximize large scale combat. They been doing it for 10+ years. They have a good mix of classes combined with knowing how to use mez portals, AOE blasting, stunning, flanking, etc. They are very fast at moving as a large group in a tight formation. If you want to see how large scale combat is suppose to be, watch how fast some of their groups form-up and move out. That is 90% of the battle right there.

We deserved to lose this week, we got out-played. No big deal. The thing I do like about TC though, is a lot of people don’t quit, they learn, and keep fighting. If this beat down happened on some other servers, WvW would be a ghost town across all the maps. The core TC WvWers seems to like to be the under-dog. Nothing funner than defending a tower from wave after wave of enemies. Who cares about the score when you are killing people. Another positive, I see the commanders and individual players are learning from SoR. I am starting to see them employ similar large scale tactics. People are getting better at forming up on the commander icon for quick strikes. We still got some learning to do and could be faster, but I think we will get there as people grow. I really like the core server community and think it has a lot of potential.

in WvW

Posted by: danni.1824

danni.1824

Arrr, utilize dem portals, matey.

Commander Diae Fair
x . x . x
Tarnished Coast

in WvW

Tallis.5607

We deserved to lose this week, we got out-played.

I disagree. It’s not because they took all the orbs in the first hours of the week that WWW should be finished for the whole week, due to big the orb-powers.

in WvW

sceptus.9415

I think our soldiers are ready to follow and execute. We TC’ers need to practice certain tactics and maneuvers, but the biggest improvement will come from the commanders themselves. This is in no way saying they aren’t fantastic individuals. They are. On the other hand, I see things that they need to improve (and telling me to go do it when I suggest them isn’t cutting it – I’m not the commander):

1. Last Friday we had 5 or 6 commanders on TC BL at the start of the reset. Many of them I’d never seen before. No problem there for me at all – if you want to command then do it. The problem was that the other “known” commanders seem to think everyone should shut off their commander badge except them. It was discouraging because many folks did not know who to follow or what orders to take and we were badly fractured and lost valuable time we should have been organizing proper opening moves with. I do not blame either side for this, I understand why the commanders wanted the other commanders to stand down.

The problem with it is: we need these other commanders. We should have more than one commander on the field. On every field. Each with his own goals and those goals should be made known to the rest of the soldiers. Maybe a General that can work with those commanders and organize teams. Until you do this, you will not be effective against real organization like shown to us by SoR this week (or even BG for that matter a couple weeks ago).

Commanders, form a Core or Club and work together – and no not just with the ones you like or that support you. ALL of them. Bring them up to the table and find out what everyone’s strengths and weaknesses are and assign them to things. For what it’s worth, if you think TC players are only capable of following one leader at a time on each map then you are sadly mistaken and are failing us as commanders.

2. Those of us thinkers that have opinions about what commanders do and think we should tell them (I’ve done it before), we should always keep it in tells to the commanders and never speak in team or map chat to complain or chastise the commander(s). On the flip side, commanders – we understand you are in charge and what you say goes, but a good commander adapts especially with good ideas. I always say that a man who doesn’t want to hear opinions should keep his own mouth shut.

3. Don’t forget that this is about fun. Sure we can organize better and the above two ideas may help if people are willing to work at it, but in the end we should never forget we are a unique community of RPers and Non-RPers. Commanders should remain patient and remember they chose to do this job. If they don’t want to do it, or have a problem with people expressing their opinions to help, they should take the tag off and let folks with more leadership skills step up. This isn’t about their own personal power trip or grandstanding their own guild and friends.

Work together for a free and fun Toast. My new motto. Thanks to all the commanders who show up day in and day out to help all of us. /salute

[DIS] and [TTC]
Tarnished Coast

(edited by sceptus.9415)

in WvW

Posted by: ChairGraveyard.2967

ChairGraveyard.2967

I think they should probably just reset the match as soon as all three orbs are taken. It’d save us from wasting most of a week on matches we already know the outcome of.

in WvW

Posted by: Molykule.7846

Molykule.7846

I have no problem with ANET tweaking orb bonus powers and alot of you guys have had great ideas that you have posted that could work great. That being said for a lvl 80 fully geared it is in no way an over the top buff that makes one god like. I have been in multi matches where all 3 orbs switched back and forth on both sides during the week and those matches remained close enough to be a fun filled week.

Cheers to all those with a never quit attitude on TC! From my time on TC (which I greatly enjoyed) I know you guys have more than enough organized and skilled WvW players to fill a map and kick some kitten Not sure if it’s just frustration, holiday events, transfers or combination of it all, but I think you guys have more than the means to get back into this fight. Maybe too late for a win at this point, but def enough to crush that point gap.

in WvW

Posted by: Vagrant.1094

Vagrant.1094

Having six commanders on one map is utterly detrimental

At most you want 3 icons at any one time, at least in so far as Eternal Battlegrounds go.

The problem with Commander Icons is the innate assumption that everyone who purchases one is therefore qualified to lead. It simply isn’t true. In EB, TC has certain individuals without icons who are tactically superior to those who show up with them. Over time the regular players of any map begin to learn who is worth listening to, and who isn’t.

I try and teach every random commander that shows up more than once (as I was taught and learned in turn from the person I consider EB’s strongest commander). Some listen. Some don’t

The fact of the matter is that even one Icon Commander can totally derail a map if they’re tactically unsound, slow to respond, overextend, devalue defense, etc etc.

There will always be new folks, and people who blindly follow the blue diamond. It’s the responsibility of anyone who plays regularly to learn which people are worth following and listening to, and educate newer players as to whom they should pay attention to – regardless of whether they have an icon or not

~Nyari Cil, Queen

(edited by Vagrant.1094)

in WvW

Posted by: Usagi.4835

Usagi.4835

Bleh, would edit my first post but they managed to kill the Trading Post NPC which is now bugged so we can’t use it.

Commander Chocolate Teapot | Prettier than you | Forum damsel in distress

in WvW

Posted by: shunobee.6907

shunobee.6907

I was wondering why there were crossed swords inside the TC citadel. Didn’t make sense.

[mend] – Eredon Terrace

in WvW

Posted by: WereDragon.6083

WereDragon.6083

Yeah found the spot they’re getting in. Their port mesmer should know my dots track him through walls when he’s hiding =D

What do we say to the god of death? Not Today….
Eleshod|80 Thief|Tarnished Coast
Malsavias|80 Necromancer| Tarnished Coast

in WvW

Posted by: theguildless.1386

theguildless.1386

Western siege merchant also bugged. Thank you!

Always question your assumptions.
Tarnished Coast

in WvW

Posted by: fishergrip.4082

fishergrip.4082

SoR and TC simply have very different cores of players that do WvW. SoR is full of hardcore WvW players that are well organized, at level 80, best equip, etc. TC players are mostly casuals that do a mixture of PvE and WvW. They are not well organized and many are not level 80s with good equip. This puts TC at a big disadvantage when facing top tier servers right from the start.

When it comes down to it TC players WvW for fun. Top tier WvW servers WvW to win. The problem is WvW isn’t fun when there’s huge imbalances in player numbers and orbs, which is eroding interest in WvW.

Maid Of The Coast

in WvW

Posted by: Vagrant.1094

Vagrant.1094

Just wanted to say thanks to ‘Tasmus’ from SoR for the civil, polite discussion we had in whispers about goings on in EB, and our respective servers. Much respect to you! ^^

~Nyari Cil, Queen.

in WvW

Posted by: ghostchipz.2341

ghostchipz.2341

Can i just ask with out getting trolled has the make up of TC server changed as people keep posting that most of your server are Casual WvW players how did you get to Teir 3.
I am just intrested i am in no way being Rude
thanks

in WvW

Posted by: viperior.2461

viperior.2461

Here are some of the highlights during reset night (Day 1) from the perspective of a Sanctum of Rall, Caedas [CDS] guild member. We had a blast fighting you guys on SoR Borderlands map!

Full playlist on YouTube:
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLYGpCpCTW57nvBL_VROiN_eL1WqYrWFWm

Individual videos:

Portal Bomb Squad Destroys Tarnished Coast at Shadaran Hills
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bBha6V1rkBY

Moving Orb from Altar to Garrison After Wiping Tarnished Coast Zerg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ddoMRUfjZlU

Wiping Catapults and Tarnished Coast Zerg at Sunnyhill
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zqJ46t8X-zk

Ninjas Don’t Always Survive – Tarnished Coast’s Revenge at Bluebriar
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XHPqbhmAVog

Caedas Ballista Squad Snipes Tarnished Coast’s Trebuchet
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s-zVDUjhoLw

Full Map Takeover on Sanctum of Rall Borderlands Map
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qrIorw2EDYE

How To Anger a Trebuchet Gunner
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aSK5TM7FS30

Waving to Tarnished Coast Invader in My Halloween Costume
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5tmm9etuqL0

Knight Of Flowers – Caedas Guild [CDS] – Sanctum of Rall – Healing Warrior Monk
~The kind of Norn who one-shots his coffee before it even cools down.~
http://caedas.enjin.com ~ http://youtube.com/viperior

in WvW

Posted by: Telegraph.7509

Telegraph.7509

Can i just ask with out getting trolled has the make up of TC server changed as people keep posting that most of your server are Casual WvW players how did you get to Teir 3.
I am just intrested i am in no way being Rude
thanks

We have a few very strong and organized guilds in TC, with highly competent commanders. We also have a lot of strong “casual” players with a lot of experience and know-how. That kind of organization allows us to get to T3, and allows us to be extremely competitive on Friday nights when it matters a lot (particularly when a lot of said guilds and players stay up to 4 AM Saturday morning to play!)

Our problem is that our organization is poor compared to the T1/T2 servers like SoR, and we can’t quite cover everything. For example: at the start of this matchup, TC did quite well on two of the borderlands, but was off the map in ET borderlands and EB 4 hours into the matchup. Not coincidentally, we have very good organization in the two borderlands that we were holding our ground, but not so good in ET BL and EB. Against T3 or below servers, this is okay because they won’t have the complete organization on every map either, but against SoR, it causes a complete wipe on two maps, a huge score difference, and resultant waning interest in part of the player base. Of course, we also don’t have the same oversea coverage (we have some now), but that’s not what cost us the matchup this time.

That’s just how it is right now. There is a huge gap between T1/T2 and T3 servers.

in WvW

Posted by: Asbrandr.6324

Asbrandr.6324

Nah, our server’s still mostly casual WvW players; we have a few guilds that do WvW more than others, but I can’t really think of one that’s 100% WvW. As for how we got to T3, we have some good commanders that can drive the non-guild groups together when we have enough of them. Unfortunately, the Halloween event has put a damper on our already small WvW numbers and that combined with the lead SoR currently has on our server and the presumed absence of ET has more or less given the casual WvWers no reason to join WvW.

All of our maps currently have no queue times even during peak hours.

Zevkk | 80 Necromancer | Vyhrr Sootshroud | 80 Thief
Cyrus Quintillus | 80 Mesmer | Asbrandr Godrikson | 80 Warrior
Fort Aspenwood [FLOT]

in WvW

sceptus.9415

What’s up with glitching our vendors in TC BL Citadel? What was the purpose behind that? You keep this stuff up and even we won’t come out and play.

[DIS] and [TTC]
Tarnished Coast

(edited by sceptus.9415)

in WvW

Posted by: Rpgtabbycat.5869

Rpgtabbycat.5869

I’ve been playing WvW a lot less this week because the matchup is uneven. Part of this is due to guilds leaving one server and joining another one. I am hopeful that 1 x weekly server transfers will make some sort of difference or at least slow down bandwagoning somewhat.

As a side note, while I’m sure it’s not SoR as a whole that is doing this, you should be concerned that the guys hacking into TC Citadel are giving your server a bad reputation. Because of this, a lot of the casual WvW’ers who were going to continue to play out this week have decided not to anymore. Why should you care? Well, you’ll get points for what you have but you’ll see a lot fewer battles.

TC doesn’t give up but we also don’t play with cheaters and hackers.

in WvW

Posted by: monmon.7081

monmon.7081

Please, if you see someone from any server exploiting report then write down their name and screenshot it.

There are a LOT of players playing. We can’t ALL be in the same area all the time.

S A N C T U M O F R A L L
Warrior | Turge Battleborn
Mesmer | Lia Duskborn