11/2 Fort Aspenwood vs Yak's Bend vs Eredon Terrace

in WvW

Posted by: ravendd.4209

ravendd.4209

“The second night we did not really get close and things like being able to build 30 golems while everyone is asleep is the reason why.”

So everyone is asleep at 9pm PST eh?

in WvW

Posted by: Maniac.5163

Maniac.5163

@Cygni

Did you seriously miss all the siege we had in there? First we stopped you guys cold through the water gate while your other zerg was hitting north outer gate. After taking down the first golem rush on outer gate, killing waves on the bridge with ballistas and carts when it eventually fell and destroying your siege on outer walls, we took down 4 omegas and an alpha siege golem on inner plus all the different ram sites. We thwarted at least 9 different trebuchet sites from both towers including storming Jerrifers successfully under heavy defense, and mortared every cata and ballista you put up in the courtyard.

It was a decent amount for being under attack for 4 hours with 0 supply. On the inside we had two catas behind door, mortars, 3 superior ballistas and 2 superior arrow carts on rear wall, 3 superior ballistas in lords room and 2 superior arrow carts, plus a few regular ballistas and carts here and there. We actually didn’t even have enough people to man one ballista in the middle left over. Even if we did have the manpower to man it all, it’s pretty hard to build more than that when the entire map is locked down and supply camps are guarded by groups of 10 or more. We also took Aldon’s and Jerrifers twice each in between waves of attack with a 4 man team and catas. I think we did okay, anyways. I’m always open to new ideas but really that stuff is just basic keep defense.. and we had it covered for hours against the odds, so I’m proud of us.

in WvW

Maniac.5163

Err, I can’t seem to edit my post but it was actually 4 alphas and 1 omega, not the other way around – my bad.

in WvW

Posted by: Alkaline.2809

Alkaline.2809

FA suffers more than off peak hours. We seemed to be outnumbered by 3:1.

in WvW

Posted by: Erinshaw.8035

Erinshaw.8035

To all on FA

From the get go all maps on Yaks had a wait time not a long one but there was a wait none the less. I presume it was the same for FA. I am an oceanic and played today before U.S. logged on and after you logged off. I dislike the term night capping because when is it night. It is now 10 pm and I am logging in again after work to play for another couple of hours. In effect therefore I have covered to a greater or lesser degree up to 18 hours of today. We have not got a full 24 hour coverage either and experienced this failing last week and understand your angst.

I represent a large guild who could potentially have up to 1600 players here covering 24/7. However a large group of us play on Desolation being that they are in Europe. We often wish our Euro brothers and sisters were with us here.

Server transfers have been a bane and even with weekly transfers remain the bane of server stability. Pugs are inclined to tansfer to the winning servers only leaving matches lopsided and unfair.

Develop a sense of community and encourge other timezones to come to you. You are great advasaries and deserve more for you effort.

I have never enjoyed a fight as much as we had at SH today. We were desperately trying to run supply whilst the commander on the map defended. Treb vs Treb , Not more ballistae, 3 catas got them no there is more over there. The door is going down 50-40. Then puff and you were gone. It was as though it was a switch that you all turned off at the same time. If this is typical of your play then you may need to change that as all that effort and nothing to show for it. Must be gut wrenching

The Older Gamers (TOG) wvw guild leader

in WvW

Posted by: justice.3256

justice.3256

@Cygni

Did you seriously miss all the siege we had in there? First we stopped you guys cold through the water gate while your other zerg was hitting north outer gate. After taking down the first golem rush on outer gate, killing waves on the bridge with ballistas and carts when it eventually fell and destroying your siege on outer walls, we took down 4 omegas and an alpha siege golem on inner plus all the different ram sites. We thwarted at least 9 different trebuchet sites from both towers including storming Jerrifers successfully under heavy defense, and mortared every cata and ballista you put up in the courtyard.

It was a decent amount for being under attack for 4 hours with 0 supply. On the inside we had two catas behind door, mortars, 3 superior ballistas and 2 superior arrow carts on rear wall, 3 superior ballistas in lords room and 2 superior arrow carts, plus a few regular ballistas and carts here and there. We actually didn’t even have enough people to man one ballista in the middle left over. Even if we did have the manpower to man it all, it’s pretty hard to build more than that when the entire map is locked down and supply camps are guarded by groups of 10 or more. We also took Aldon’s and Jerrifers twice each in between waves of attack with a 4 man team and catas. I think we did okay, anyways. I’m always open to new ideas but really that stuff is just basic keep defense.. and we had it covered for hours against the odds, so I’m proud of us.

Was definitely a fun fight Maniac. You guys held your own for a long time and the group that accomplished that should be proud. Props to your defense. It is a shame that your server doesn’t seem be able to compete with our night teams’ population. I guess we will have to see how this unfolds but with Red almost completely out of the fight, I have a feeling this is going to be another boring week where we have everything until a server that has an equal or greater night presence shows up.

I also heard there were some transfers out of ET because of this weekend? Is this true?

For what it is worth, this seems like some of the most fun I have had fighting a server for a while as far as the skill of your players go.

Subtle Justice – Thief
Drako WindSpur – Ranger
General – Badger Spirits – [BS] – Yaks Bend Alliance Team Lead

in WvW

Posted by: Wasabi Kitty.8247

Wasabi Kitty.8247

I don’t think it was because of this weekend. From what I understand, RUIN and other guilds moved to an EU server.

Also, you guys REALLY wanted that tower, probably the biggest fight I’ve seen over just a tower in a long time.

Attachments:

Anet make Rev great again.

in WvW

Posted by: Cygni.2790

Cygni.2790

@Maniac

I was more referring to the keep siege, specifically it might have been simply lack of people to man things but it didn’t seem like it was arrange very effectively. To the point we just had to walk from point to point inside the keep to and wipe the siege and then we were okay (seemed like the pillars got in your way a lot. If you place your various groups of siege with clear lines of sight to each other it might have helped when we got in so the siege could have protect each other better. You did a tremendous job defending especially as your numbers started to whittle away at the end. Great job scouting our treb sites also really slowed down our progress.

in WvW

Posted by: wombat.6123

wombat.6123

The fight at the FA keep in EB was great.

After losing the keep a few of us moved to FA BL to retake Cragtop. We’ve now been bunkered down in it for almost 3 hours. It’s the only thing on all the maps that Yak doesn’t hold, and we may be outnumbered, but we’re not letting it go without a fight

Wombling Wombat
FA – Protectorate of Aspenwood [PRO]

in WvW

Posted by: roostapro.9827

roostapro.9827

Well I haven’t entered WvW for a few days as I’m farming (DR sucks….) and going to try and finish of my “Personal” Story, maybe do some SPvP (Never tried it until a few days ago…..)…

honestly, I’m glad I wasn’t in WvW Last night in admist fighting all those golems’ as my monitor/Tv would have a hole in it, and keyboard would be sitting outside in the middle of the road with the mouse lol.

A valid tactic, however considered to some as “Dirty” Play.

I take my hat off to you Yaks bend, well played ^-^

:)

Eredon Terrace – Voladeir Roost (Ele)|Roosta (War)|Error Occurred (Gua)|Àneskâ Necrötiâ (Nec)
RoostaGW2

in WvW

Posted by: Besetment.9187

Besetment.9187

We’ve played Fort Aspenwood twice and Yaks once in the past 5 weeks. We’ve played SoS 1.0 and SoS 2.0 in the same timeframe and I think FA is technically the best server we have played. They have always had creative, resourceful and intelligent people online and they give good fights where you have to use your brain to overcome. Both times we lacked the population to stop them holding 400+ points per tick over night and during the work day.

Did Yaks get a serious WvW player injection? Thats the only way I can see for FA getting handed like this. I doubt we will ever play Yaks again at this rate but I remember how we demolished you guys only a month ago. That server seems almost unrecognisable now. Maguuma probably wouldn’t stand a chance past Saturday morning.

I get that population and coverage are the absolute most important things in WvW with the way the scoring system currently works but I dont know. On a server whose WvW population is static or declining, it often feels like theres nothing you can do against servers whose WvW population is on the rise. No amount of resourcefulness can get you the points you need as long as the scoring system is unweighted. Beyond a certain point, it doesn’t matter how good your strategy, tactics and execution are. I play the game because I want intelligent opponents to hunt and I like the battle of wits.

But is this what WvW is now? Advertising and networking? The best thing anyone can do for their server is promotion. Literally attract large guilds to come to your server (preferably with off peak presence) and make it impossible for anyone else to beat you, even if they have superior tactics and execution.

(edited by Besetment.9187)

in WvW

Posted by: Chris.5024

Chris.5024

But is this what WvW is now? Advertising and networking? The best thing anyone can do for their server is promotion. Literally attract large guilds to come to your server (preferably with off peak presence) and make it impossible for anyone else to beat you, even if they have superior tactics and execution.

This is it in my opinion. Population = win really. I’ve never gotten so many badges than I have the past 2 days. I’m impressed by the level of YB participation, even if they are all lowbies that get rolled over and over again.

There must be quite a few over night players on Yaks since the forum posts double overnight in this thread. That or you have a small group of the fiercest forum warriors I’ve seen since we fought blackgate and the forums were backlogged by hundreds idiots posting BEASTGATE IS KING after transferring to blackgate so fast they didn’t even have time to take out the name of their old server from their forum signature.

Malose
Black Talons Gaming [BT]
Maguuma

in WvW

Posted by: Besetment.9187

Besetment.9187

One of the things I liked about Yaks the last time Maguuma played them was that even in the face of utter defeat they just kept coming back. Darkhaven currently reminds me of old Yaks Bend. You can outsmart them and outplay them but it never seems to phase them. They keep coming back. I sometimes wish we had more players on Maguuma like that – who feel all they need to do is hold out until the tide turns – however long that takes.

It goes back to a brief conversation I had with a Tarnished Coast commander. He said that losing battles to Maguuma didn’t really phase him because he knew that all he had to do was to hold out till about 11:00pm CST and Maguuma’s numbers would drop precipitously. Since FA, Maguuma and Dragonbrand have played each other alot recently, theres something we can all take from this.

Theres a definite threshold – a time beyond which our player base falls off and all the other servers have to do is stay in a holding pattern until then, before rolling over us like an unstoppable wave. FA’s threshold was later than ours so they had the points over night. But I’m really curious to know how Yaks is doing what they are doing right now. I don’t recognize the server anymore. Its like they have become…HUGE?

in WvW

Posted by: Kuhickaswhip.7360

Kuhickaswhip.7360

I use this site to keep track of moves. It only works if the guilds want it to be known they move and only shows the past 50. Plus it is clogged with new register guilds.
Latest Movers- Guild War 2 Guilds

in WvW

Posted by: BrunoBRS.5178

BrunoBRS.5178

was on FA borderlands, went alone to defend a supply camp from an engineer dude from yak’s bend, when he was about to die, he took off. as in, he flew away >.>

i thought flyhacks were mostly dealt with? when i mentioned in team chat, people brought up that they also saw some YB people flying around destroying trebuchets on our walls and whatnot. :/

LegendaryMythril/Zihark Darshell

in WvW

Posted by: Vytality.3195

Vytality.3195

One of the things I liked about Yaks the last time Maguuma played them was that even in the face of utter defeat they just kept coming back. Darkhaven currently reminds me of old Yaks Bend. You can outsmart them and outplay them but it never seems to phase them. They keep coming back. I sometimes wish we had more players on Maguuma like that – who feel all they need to do is hold out until the tide turns – however long that takes.

It goes back to a brief conversation I had with a Tarnished Coast commander. He said that losing battles to Maguuma didn’t really phase him because he knew that all he had to do was to hold out till about 11:00pm CST and Maguuma’s numbers would drop precipitously. Since FA, Maguuma and Dragonbrand have played each other alot recently, theres something we can all take from this.

Theres a definite threshold – a time beyond which our player base falls off and all the other servers have to do is stay in a holding pattern until then, before rolling over us like an unstoppable wave. FA’s threshold was later than ours so they had the points over night. But I’m really curious to know how Yaks is doing what they are doing right now. I don’t recognize the server anymore. Its like they have become…HUGE?

Ya, I am in Mountain time zone, so I log in at about FAs peak and then get to watch it wane. It feels like Yaks has 24/7 coverage, at least enough to take the whole thing after we go to bed. But it is weird, that Yaks is (or seems to be) at full strength when we start back up in the late morning….. Basically, TC did the same thing to us.

Still, fighting when losing is much more interesting than being way ahead. I hardly played wvw at all last week when we were so far ahead. I hope the limited xfers will get things balanced soon.

FA certainly could use better inter-guild communication. Friday, several commanders were bickering in team chat like 6th graders.

Vytality- Guardian
Vyt Mindbender- Mesmer
Fort Aspenwood since BWE 3. Spirit of Faith (HOPE)

in WvW

Posted by: patricide.1062

patricide.1062

This is it in my opinion. Population = win really. I’ve never gotten so many badges than I have the past 2 days. I’m impressed by the level of YB participation, even if they are all lowbies that get rolled over and over again.

There must be quite a few over night players on Yaks since the forum posts double overnight in this thread. That or you have a small group of the fiercest forum warriors I’ve seen since we fought blackgate and the forums were backlogged by hundreds idiots posting BEASTGATE IS KING after transferring to blackgate so fast they didn’t even have time to take out the name of their old server from their forum signature.

It’s really, really annoying when people like you make these kinds of posts. First of all, you are on here bragging about how you roll Yak’s Bend players over and over again, then you try to insult us Yak’s Bend players here on these forums (who are having civil conversations, by the way. Cygni even offered advice on Garrison defense!!) by calling us forum warriors.

Hello pot.
Meet kettle.

Now, as I have said time and time again, we have a strong alliance that works very closely together. THAT is what is making us strong. You may think we have tons of zerglings, but the honest truth is we have great response time and we are able to pool our manpower between maps to assist in any hot spots. This doesn’t get us tons of points in the first few hours, but it definitely works in the long run.

Support Guardian – D/D Ele
[Rawr] – HoD

in WvW

Posted by: Kuhickaswhip.7360

Kuhickaswhip.7360

But I’m really curious to know how Yaks is doing what they are doing right now. I don’t recognize the server anymore. Its like they have become…HUGE?

I believe we are like this for a few reasons. A month ago we were not as organized when we played against you. If I remember we did not have set borderlands. We could end up with all the large force guilds on one map. We have commanders that pugs will actually follow and listen to(Great job guys). We improved our communication across all guilds. We faced larger servers and learned from our mistakes and triumphs. Non stop push.(That failed. Good effort. Supply up we are hitting them before they can recover). Very rarely does anyone take supply from towers! Finally I believe some of our PVE players have gotten the taste for blood. I am sure we have gotten some guilds(insert your plugs below Yaks!). We are a machine that was just lacking oil at the time we played you.

in WvW

Posted by: roostapro.9827

roostapro.9827

Score Update:
(and yes, the Pact event is bugged and has been bugged for the past 12-14 hours -.-)

Attachments:

Eredon Terrace – Voladeir Roost (Ele)|Roosta (War)|Error Occurred (Gua)|Àneskâ Necrötiâ (Nec)
RoostaGW2

in WvW

Posted by: Joiry.2504

Joiry.2504

Now, as I have said time and time again, we have a strong alliance that works very closely together. THAT is what is making us strong. You may think we have tons of zerglings, but the honest truth is we have great response time and we are able to pool our manpower between maps to assist in any hot spots. This doesn’t get us tons of points in the first few hours, but it definitely works in the long run.

You guys may have great organization – and I’m sure it helps a lot. But don’t try and pretend the fact that FA has near zero NA off-peak coverage isn’t a huge help as well. That’s our server’s weakness, plain and simple. Whatever organization you have, its effect is massively multipled by having the whole map, and a whole (NA) nighttime to supply and reinforce up. It’ll get worse for us during the weekdays, when we have to go to work/school, so your night gains will last for most of the day.

Honestly, some of this WvW “advice” comes off as patronizing. I’m sure our comments about our coverage issues comes off bad to you guys. That’s the nature of things – winners don’t like their victories questioned, those on the other side don’t like being considered weak for the wrong reasons.

in WvW

Posted by: rhonyn.6810

rhonyn.6810

I think this is the fate of tier matches below the top one or two….population trumps all, with off-peak arguably being the most important (it covers the most time (more points&supply, upgrades etc), and has the greatest variability among servers).

Strategy/organization for an outmanned server can win them a battle, but they will not win the war. I played very late on FA last night and 90%+ of our WvW pop at the time was on 1 map, and we still had the outmanned buff (btw what number imbalance triggers that?)

We’ll see if long term this format is interesting to the broader population (ie population advantage wins) or if people will get bored of that, and outside the 4-6 servers that attract the most folks to have good coverge 24/7 and have “competitive” matches every week WvW becomes a side game for a few.

in WvW

Posted by: kanikani.2430

kanikani.2430

As far as population goes, I have played many different times of day, luckily my employment lets me do that. Anyways have been on FA since the start and I only ever experience wait times to get into WvW for the first few hours after reset on Friday, then never again. This is consistent if we are losing or winning (though worse when losing).

In fact originally I picked FA because it was a low population server. I would have to say we do very well for that fact.

On a side note, I do appreciate that they are addressing the WvW issues, such as orbs and transfers. But they continue to treat it as if it were a side ‘thing to do’ and as it stands that is all it is.

Many of us really enjoy it here and take it very seriously, but we are the vast minority. I heard a comment in lions arch the other day that there were more people playing around the ‘dead whales’ then there were defending any keep in WvW and that is probably true for all servers (sometimes the whole map for some servers).

I wish there was some prompt to get more people to try WvW because I never was interested in it until I tried it for myself.

Anyways enjoy the match ups, I do appreciate that Yak’s Bend has let me get my daily kill count from the comfort of my treb, without all the cumbersome running around.

Ishionna (80 Ele)
Maguuma

in WvW

Posted by: Baazutai.4807

Baazutai.4807

As one of Yak’s less vocal commanders, I want to throw in my two cents. The fight has been really fun, with the single exception of ET not being anywhere but their BL. I really hope they throw themselves into the fight.

And as far as Yak’s Bend not giving up: Neither should you. Repair bill? I don’t like losing? I can only say get over it if you want to get better. Each LOSS should teach you as much, if not more than each victory. I have seen GODS and PRO guild lead some really clever and brazen tactics. Of course, 20 guys vs 20 guys is up in the air, they should be getting help from the rest of you.

Also, FA is doing great at holding us. Their Eternal Battlegrounds Keep defense last night was stunningly well done. Took out several golems, and survived cut off for over an hour. That was great. What you should be asking yourself now is “Why didn’t we save it?” Figure out HOW we beat you. I assure you that bigger servers will also do it, and once you know how, you can fix what you did wrong.

About the coverage: I’m not even talking about it. You should be trying to win BATTLES if you are outmanned. Take little victories and then look to big ones when you can. And no, I am not patronizing, I just want the people we fight to get better. I’d rather have a thousand close matches, where we win or lose by 200 than one match where we win by eighty thousand or more. The fun is in the fight.

Free advice from yours truly. To ET, all i can say is keep fighting! Nothing is better between servers than a hard fight to make everything exciting! Now, that is MY advice and thoughts on this week. I look forward to seeing all of you on the field, look for the Badgers. I’ll be with them each day. Good luck and see you on the field

Badger Spirits, Den Master
Yaks Bend Alliance

in WvW

Posted by: Drist.9807

Drist.9807

It seems that it has been downhill for ET since the mass exodus of guilds.

Master Serephix [PRO] – Lv. 80 Thief
Dragonbrand [Formerly Devona’s Rest]

in WvW

Posted by: fivekiller.1432

fivekiller.1432

As far as population goes, I have played many different times of day, luckily my employment lets me do that. Anyways have been on FA since the start and I only ever experience wait times to get into WvW for the first few hours after reset on Friday, then never again.

interestingly enough, Yaks Bend is the same.

Some people are talking about the huge zergs on every map and our awesome 4 map superzerg 24 hour coverage. But in reality, aside from maybe friday night US prime time, i can log in and get instantly into WvW.

We have light queues on some maps during NA peak times and some maps have no queues during NA prime. off peak hours maybe we’ll have a queue here and there but off peak we could have hundreds more and be fine.

no, we are playing with a pretty small server. our teamwork and sound play just makes it seem big at times.

i too remember those weeks ago when we fought maguuma and lost. have we even gotten 1 new guild on the server since then? i don’t think so. if we did it wasn’t more than 10 or 20 folks and they aren’t in WvW.

So keep talking about our huge zergs that are sitting on every map. The whole time we’ll be playing on our server with light to no queue times and walking around with more golems than we have people on foot. Did anyone even notice that in those screenshots? There were almost no people on foot.

-Desirz Matheon

in WvW

Maniac.5163

@Baazutai

I agree with most of what you said and especially regarding the opportunity to learn more from a loss than from an easy victory. We will be waiting to see if Yak’s Bend have any new tricks to show us, while working on recognizing and improving upon our own weaknesses.

Regarding EB keep – I was there the entire time with primarily just my guild defending and it was a war of attrition. Superior manpower & resources won the keep after we had exhausted all of our options.

See you on the battlefield.

in WvW

Posted by: Chris.5024

Chris.5024

As far as population goes, I have played many different times of day, luckily my employment lets me do that. Anyways have been on FA since the start and I only ever experience wait times to get into WvW for the first few hours after reset on Friday, then never again.

interestingly enough, Yaks Bend is the same.

Some people are talking about the huge zergs on every map and our awesome 4 map superzerg 24 hour coverage. But in reality, aside from maybe friday night US prime time, i can log in and get instantly into WvW.

We have light queues on some maps during NA peak times and some maps have no queues during NA prime. off peak hours maybe we’ll have a queue here and there but off peak we could have hundreds more and be fine.

no, we are playing with a pretty small server. our teamwork and sound play just makes it seem big at times.

i too remember those weeks ago when we fought maguuma and lost. have we even gotten 1 new guild on the server since then? i don’t think so. if we did it wasn’t more than 10 or 20 folks and they aren’t in WvW.

So keep talking about our huge zergs that are sitting on every map. The whole time we’ll be playing on our server with light to no queue times and walking around with more golems than we have people on foot. Did anyone even notice that in those screenshots? There were almost no people on foot.

I think Yaks and FA are the same population wise. YB may have a few more off NA peak players but we are probably very similar population wise overall. It has been said hundreds of times but we seem to lose a large number of our people when we fall behind and having no off hours crew makes it difficult for some of the non regular WvW players to get interested since we start off behind. People are still here, they are just hiding in cursed shore doing plinx over and over again. Not making any excuses, we have to get better as a server where participation is concerned. period. The people who have been doing WvW on FA since day 1 know this and a few of the guilds have been trying to get the other players on the server interested but it’s hard to do.

It all comes down to the fact that we on FA have to dry our tears and man up. I’ve seen some great things from our server and I know we can get better. I’m more than willing to help anyone interested in WvW any way I can, just send me a tell in game and I’ll try my best to help anyone who needs it.

That being said I’m having a great time so far, YB is one of the better servers I’ve played against. Save your golems for NA primetime next time so I can see them.

Malose
Black Talons Gaming [BT]
Maguuma

in WvW

Posted by: lady lisz.7849

lady lisz.7849

if any wants to help support suggestion thread i started and share same interest as i do, visit : https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/suggestions/ANET-pls-WvW-rank-emote/first#post636107

if not, well thanks anyways

Truth and Knowledge are two different things
-Scholar Krasso-

in WvW

Posted by: rhonyn.6810

rhonyn.6810

I guess Yak does have the same pop as FA despite apparently hitting Q’s occasionally on maps during various points of the day. The outmanned buff I get must be from the large invisible ET zerg….guess they all rolled thiefs and are just gibbing dolyaks :p

“primetime” most servers will have comparable numbers – it the other 16-20 hours that have the biggest impact.

(edited by rhonyn.6810)

in WvW

Posted by: Baazutai.4807

Baazutai.4807

One of Yaks Bend’s biggest feature is team work. I’m serious when I say that we owe 90% of what we do to guilds working together for a single cause: Beating everyone else. Hell we have commanders from all over the map, and they work together, some turning off their Icon for another to take charge. I have seen plenty of good players. Like I said before, GODS and PRO should REALLY be working directly together.

If you watch the Battles this evening, see if you can pick out our guilds. Who is working together? Which is the best at defending? Who’s hitting your camps? Who tracks your strike teams?

Those are things we did. And we directly noticed GODS and PRO. I have respect for both, and hope they are both online tonight so myself and my crew have a real taxing series of battles. The win or loss of the battle isn’t important; it’s ABOUT the battle.

@ Maniac
I assure you, friend, if you take the field, you’ll see something new. On occasion we come up with ridiculous plans right on the spot, just to see if it works. And if you make enough noise, where ever you are, my guild will come JUST to face off with you. So I look forward to seeing you, and wish you the best of luck. Get some of your guilds together. The week is young. Make us fight for every point. Give us the hardest time you can. We WANT it. We relish in that fight.

@ Chris
I can’t promise you a golem raid: since that one was sort of spur of the moment. But if you show up, we will give you all we have at every turn. I look forward to a fight with you. Good luck

@ET, to you, it’s not over. Go to where you see FA and YB fighting the hardest. Throw yourselves into the fray. Fight like… well like me, a Badger. Go nuts, take insane strategies, launch crazy attacks. Don’t quit. You have good players, we see that each night when we are in your BL. Don’t give up on it. Fight. If you lose, learn from it.

Good luck to all; see you on the field.

Badger Spirits, Den Master
Yaks Bend Alliance

in WvW

Posted by: Dynheart.5402

Dynheart.5402

It’s funny to see different tiers having their own complaints. T1 it’s the 2v1. T2 has always been a mess (a T1 server get bumped down eventually and wipes the map).

Then we move into the T3-4 servers. You never hear complaints about 2v1…barely. Or the complaints of servers that don’t belong (T2). Instead you hear complaints of “we are better when we are awake, you or only winning because we have to sleep”. AKA…night capping.

All that shows is, in the end, that there’s a weakness in both servers. One is weak during the day, the other during night time. Fix it…so you can join us in T1 and hear the 2v1 banter all day long! lol

On a side note, I knew Yaks Bend had it in them…just needed the proper coverage…that’s what it’s all about in the end. GL to all servers.

Chrisiana Dynheart – Guardian
[FIRE] – Jade Quarry

in WvW

Posted by: kanikani.2430

kanikani.2430

I don’t want to down any of your Yak’s Bend people, some of you are really good.

But…5 v 30 fights and telling me its same population, I call total BS, come on. And to call that amazing team work is a bit silly as well. This is a numbers game. You got the numbers, dont try and say you are the server with the most amazing guilds or players is why your winning.

FA won last week with some great battles, but the prime reason we won is because we had more players. That is the way WvW is at this point. Scores reflect population and that is just the way it is unfortunetly.

And that is why ET is getting trounced this time, not because the players have less teamwork or skill or whatever, they just don’t have the numbers. And as well all know by the point in time things will get even more pronounced as the week goes on.

And saying you could learn from our great whatever is patronizing.

Ishionna (80 Ele)
Maguuma

in WvW

Posted by: DeadAirRT.1324

DeadAirRT.1324

To Badger Spirits : Your endless trebuchets the first night hitting the beloved dive-bombing unicorn keep (AH) in Yak BL was inspiring.

BTW, for all the FA who have given up or saying we have no chance. We may lose in points, but we can give ’em a hell of a fight. My group had 5 people and we nearly took Garrison back on a BL. Organize yourselves, carry supply, work together….and you may find yourself at an inner gate winning a small victory.

Attachments:

DeadAir – Fort Aspenwood – PRO

in WvW

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

But…5 v 30 fights and telling me its same population, I call total BS, come on. And to call that amazing team work is a bit silly as well. This is a numbers game. You got the numbers, dont try and say you are the server with the most amazing guilds or players is why your winning.

I agree that we have had something of an increase in pop but its not to a huge extent, which is borne out by Qs being relatively short, plus its clear that in the NA primetime we haven’t got more than FA. And it is noticeable how much better the YB guilds are working together each week.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

in WvW

Posted by: Boulderbolg.3460

Boulderbolg.3460

I agree that we have had something of an increase in pop but its not to a huge extent, which is borne out by Qs being relatively short, plus its clear that in the NA primetime we haven’t got more than FA. And it is noticeable how much better the YB guilds are working together each week.

I would have to agree. Last night in the ET BL we managed to cap the FA tower and keep. Our numbers were even from what I could tell, and maybe FA even had more. Our success was due to strike teams that would cap the FA camp while the zergs were battling over the tower, and then flanked the FA zerg. When FA had all of that siege on the camp’s door/bridge thingy, we took the hill between it and your spawn and whittled down your siege so our zerg could push. Once our organized group wiped you on the bridge, our zerg overran the FA zerg and they quit. We took the keep without resistance.

This was an example of simple skirmishing tactics that allowed one zerg to defeat another. It had nothing to do with population differences because like I said FA probably had more than us.

GL for Team Riot [RIOT] on Blackgate NA – Small Group WvW Focused
http://teamriot.org/riot-media/videos/http://www.twitch.tv/teamriottv

in WvW

Posted by: Denim Samurai.2379

Denim Samurai.2379

You FA guys might do better if half your realm wasn’t camping the EB jump puzzle

in WvW

Posted by: Nanorin.9285

Nanorin.9285

FA could you stop hacking … really…

Not funny anymore.

in WvW

Maniac.5163

Record it. I’ll put all my money down saying ULTD would never use a “hack” to demolish people in WvW.

https://www.youtube.com/user/UGMRZ

in WvW

Maniac.5163

Well, seems like the post was removed. Whatever..
If you guys think people are “hacking” from ANY server, record it and send to the exploit email Anet has provided. Keep it out of this thread and we will do the same.

in WvW

Posted by: Nanorin.9285

Nanorin.9285

Doesn’t matter if you record it or SS it. Anet doesn’t give a kitten about Hackers.

Record it. I’ll put all my money down saying ULTD would never use a “hack” to demolish people in WvW.

https://www.youtube.com/user/UGMRZ

Realy we just Fraped 3 of your guys teleporting all over the map. In ET BL, SE Camp.

You want me to give you the account names?

(edited by Nanorin.9285)

in WvW

Posted by: PoiSonPeZ.4286

PoiSonPeZ.4286

Yeah…you need to review your guild membership as there was some serious activity at that supply camp mentioned above. Probably 20 witnesses.

in WvW

Posted by: Silverluna.9236

Silverluna.9236

Yak…. definitely travels in a large herd

in WvW

Posted by: Oheson.2319

Oheson.2319

Fort Aspenwood has the most hackers/exploiters that we have seen of any server to date.

in WvW

Posted by: chahlz.5178

chahlz.5178

To the people saying the team work of Yak’s doesn’t matter, day one right after reset there were numerous large zerg attempts on the ET BL Lowlands supply camp by both ET and FA (mostly FA from what I remember). not just 5 people raids, like full on 20 – 30 people trying to take our supply camp and every time for about the 4 or 5 hours I was watching the camp, the call was made and a large group from yak’s would come to defend. Those kinds of things help us move forward from the day one evenly matched fights. Keeping supply and using it wisely is what held us in the fight and us winning isn’t just about numbers, the server has become extremely well organized. If I asked for help at a supply camp over a month ago I am certain no one would rush to defend it like can be seen now. Yak’s is growing and becoming a good force to be reckoned with.

in WvW

Posted by: Unfortunately.5940

Unfortunately.5940

FA could you stop hacking … really…

Not funny anymore.

Same goes for you Yak’s guys.

Differently/Sixtysix Sixes – Fort Aspenwood

in WvW

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

Please lets not have this thread descend into hacker complaints. Its not the fault of FA as a whole if they have some hackers. every server has hackers including YB.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

(edited by morrolan.9608)

in WvW

Posted by: Oheson.2319

Oheson.2319

Please lets not have this thread descend into hacker complaints. Its not the fault of FA as a whole if they have some hackers.

It is a massive problem this week. FA is the worst offender we have ever seen. They need to police their people or their server will go down like Gates of Madness. We noticed the same behavior originally from them and now they are one of the worse servers in the system.

My guess is FA will be the next Gates of Madness due to hacking.

in WvW

Posted by: Silverluna.9236

Silverluna.9236

Yak is growing alright. you kids are out to pastor… ambling this way and that… chewing your cud… shuffling through the mud in ever growing numbers. the ground shakes as your herd rumbles past each objective.. on all maps. i have been stampeded many times tonight.

in WvW

Posted by: Unfortunately.5940

Unfortunately.5940

Please lets not have this thread descend into hacker complaints. Its not the fault of FA as a whole if they have some hackers.

It is a massive problem this week. FA is the worst offender we have ever seen. They need to police their people or their server will go down like Gates of Madness. We noticed the same behavior originally from them and now they are one of the worse servers in the system.

My guess is FA will be the next Gates of Madness due to hacking.

Really? I’ve never seen it as blatantly obvious as from some of your guys today around Cragtop.

Differently/Sixtysix Sixes – Fort Aspenwood

in WvW

Posted by: Vendris.4201

Vendris.4201

So a single player with an Unlimited guild tag from FA has been holding the Greenvale Refuge supply camp through hacks for about 20 minutes now. We (Yak’s) have easily 50 people in the camp – and there is no other opposition except this single individual, who is invisible 99% of the time and unkillable when visable.

Please don’t think I’m tarring all of FA with the same brush – I’ve had some amazing WvW so far this week and it’s been a blast.