11/30 Crystal Desert vs Ehmry Bay vs Maguuma

in WvW

Posted by: azizul.8469

azizul.8469

Anyone who made it up top to JP while jumping bug was happening should get achievement. Also most people liked the camp fire. I got my first yellow from WvW player, didnt even know they dropped from players.

Yeah, I have gotten a few during the past few weeks of WvW. I was so happy when I got a yellow drop from a Maguuma player. Then cursed them for giving me a L67 yellow. Even in death, they taunt me with low level drops!

I wonder if actual level of the player you kill defines what items actually drop. It should right?

aye, i thought the gear drops you get in WvW are usually around your actual level ? were you at lvl 67 (actual level) when you got it ?

Cutie Phantasmer/Farinas [HAX] – CD Casual
Archeage = Farmville with PK

in WvW

Posted by: ryan.3915

ryan.3915

aye, i thought the gear drops you get in WvW are usually around your actual level ? were you at lvl 67 (actual level) when you got it ?

I’m level 80, and I’ve gotten all sorts of ranges to my drops, from 67-80. Does everyone else only get L80 drops?

Blaine Warbler, Thief
EDMW, Jade Quarry.
I still love Crystal Dessert tho.

in WvW

Posted by: Rhyis.7058

Rhyis.7058

I wonder if actual level of the player you kill defines what items actually drop. It should right?

I’m beginning to suspect this is the case. The more difficult fights tend to give out better loot, which normally means they’re 80.

in WvW

Posted by: saiyr.3071

saiyr.3071

Yeah, pretty sure it’s the case. I’ve gotten really low level drops on a level 80 before, like level 20-30 gear.

[DERP] Saiyr, “bff” of Sgt Killjoy

in WvW

Posted by: wads.5730

wads.5730

the drops you get are based on your level, not the level of the person you kill. i’m 100% sure of it.

in WvW

Posted by: Truearrow.3527

Truearrow.3527

This is why you are losing, you are easily impressed by yourselves and your mediocre capabilities.

That’s only part of why they are losing, the other part is because they get butthurt, cry about night-capping and give up in the middle of the week. And then there’s Crystal Desert,,, how Many CD players does it take to kill a lowbie mesmer and 5 npcs at a supply camp? This many… http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m320/darkangel921/cdzerg.jpg

Embrace the Evil [TIE][PYRO] Maguuma

in WvW

Posted by: Diehard.1432

Diehard.1432

^ And we are proud of it . Problem?

Garuda X, lvl 80 human Siamoth Ranger JQ SEA
[VaL]

in WvW

Posted by: Deathdom.8250

Deathdom.8250

in WvW

Deathdom.8250

I do have to say we CD need to work on our response to calls for help. There are times when I practically scream for help in chat but nobody comes. Other times, I only ask for a single person to help take camp or dredge/hyleks and 10+ people show up immediately.

in WvW

Posted by: Truearrow.3527

Truearrow.3527

I would also like to thank Shadowmoon for the free 18 badges I was able to farm off of them at our north and southeast camp tonight, you guys are almost competent, bravo. I also find the whole video discussion hilarious since I’ve NEVER seen a single player on Ehmry Bay win a single fair fight (2 weeks fighting them on NSP and 3 weeks on Maguuma), that’s why their players refuse to show up for the fight clubs, if they dont have an engineer there now spam knockdowns or some other gimmicky kitten they are not capable of beating someone.

Embrace the Evil [TIE][PYRO] Maguuma

(edited by Truearrow.3527)

in WvW

Posted by: Cain.9724

Cain.9724

Umm.. there was 4 of us fighting your 15. You finally got smart and only show up in at least a group of 10 now.. However, we received over 50 badges.. so I think we should be thanking you.. thanks. And you’re really complaining about fair fights?? really?? The reason no one shows up for fight club is because only kitteny players run around wvw in 1v1 specs.. thinking they’re somehow playing spvp, /laughing while they spam heartseeker..

Caen [SM] – Thief
The ShadowMoon
Maguuma

in WvW

Posted by: katniss.6735

katniss.6735

I don’t have a group, but I’m making more white swords on the map, gaining more karma than our “zerg”. I also have a few followers that will do what I suggest to do, instead of running smack into out-numbered forces that CD have. Reaction time is the key to winning, and I hate to say it, but Maguuma does not adhere to opportunities promptly.

I’m pretty sure CD hits the queue cap when they are flooding a particular boarderlands. If we left a skeleton crew behind with the appropriate siege, we could easily sweep another map, and all make it back in time to repair/hold whatever we had left. I feel that if I don’t post this, no one will ever do it.

Last night when we knocked down the wall in west keep, I went in immediately. I told people (I’m not a commander) to zerg because they (CD) had very few defense, and no counter siege, and no wp. This is when CD’s main zerg was up north. By the time I got back down there after dying, (because no one else followed me inside, despite having 8 or so people outside fighting guards by a gate: ???), they had moved most of their zerg into west keep to counter us. We didn’t get a treb up on the hill built, even with 20 of us on that hill. 20 people. That means more than 10 of them didn’t have 10 supply. So I release to garrison. I tell people get out of combat/release and port to garrison. Go to East Keep while their zerg is all at West Keep, and their WP is across the map. Typing this all in team chat while I’m heading there to scout. I get there, they have 2 defenders, regular gates, and no supply. I relay this info. 2 people come to help in the span of 30 mins. I just sit there farming guards and dodging the attacks of the defenders. Got greens, and blues, and 2 pieces of siege killing the guards. Teamwork does not exist here.

We had people in EB taking half of that map before CD broke off it’s numbers in our BL, allowing us to regain some ground again. It could have been so much easier. I went to EB shortly after CD’s numbers dissipated from our boarderlands, and we began the out-numbered process again. The plans there weren’t concrete either. Leadership, planning, scouting, sieging are all things that have slowly started to diminish on our server, and it’s very discouraging.

You cannot keep doing things the same way every time, and losing the same way every time. As in, stop losing the higher ground. Don’t readily give away sw tower, and ne camp. Push out. Use ballistas on the ground, not the walls. Build more long range siege, not arrow carts that any elementalist can destroy no matter how far back they are on the outer walls. 1 treb from inner will allow a push outward by our forces for a mass of aoe. Flip the camps more. I always see one team with 14 camps, and we’ll have 4 or something. You won’t be able to build, attack, or defend anything with those kind of odds. All those camps add up to a ton of points, too.

Now pardon me while I collect my loot bags.

Server: Maguuma – Leafy Lass – Elementalist (WvW)
Guild: Bill Murray [Bill]/ [DERP]
twitch.tv/mlgw2

in WvW

Posted by: Jamaz.9837

Jamaz.9837

If they dont have an engineer there now spam knockdowns or some other gimmicky kitten they are not capable of beating someone.

A dime-a-dozen glass cannon culling thief whining about balance after dying in a single knockdown…

Nice Hope alliance by the way.

Ehmry Bay – The Shadowmoon

in WvW

Posted by: Besetment.9187

Besetment.9187

Hey Leafy

Welcome to the joys of command.

in WvW

Posted by: GuardianOMS.8067

GuardianOMS.8067

Don’t readily give away sw tower

When does this happen? Whenever SW tower is under attack, we make it a priority to keep it because of it’s use to treb west keep. The fact is, when only ten or so people are able to be organized it’s difficult to defend the tower and camp closest to their spawn against 30. It’s difficult, but it’s not like we’ve never done it before. It also depends on who’s commanding at the time and if there isn’t one, do the people on atm know it’s importance? So I guess that maybe why I’ve never seen anyone just “give it away.”

Maguuma seems to be getting a lot of new blood to WvW, that or trolls. People are not listening to instructions, suggestions, and not responding when things are pointed out. So that is making us a lot less organized. There’s nothing wrong with rogue groups doing what they do best (as I am usually in one of them), but there seems to be a lot of players in WvW treating it like it’s a PvE ground. I dunno if they’re just there to get their monthly done, but the past few days have been a nightmare during CDs oceanic time.

Sgt Killjoy – “Pedantic” “babe” and “bff” of Saiyr
The devs don’t care about WvW so I’m gonna kill players in PvE!

in WvW

Posted by: Besetment.9187

Besetment.9187

Its a communication and education problem. I’m on it. Gonna try out some things differently in the next couple of weeks and see if it has any suction.

in WvW

GuardianOMS.8067

This is what happens when you leave, come back to us, Rebel! We miss your accent <3

But yeah, it seems like that has been a major problem the last few days. It’s hard to educate people as to why they should or shouldn’t be doing something through text whilst in the heat of battle. If they’re on mumble it’s no problem. But more times than often, during this week alone, I have to type while playing because they’re not.

I’m not a good/fast typist, and I don’t want to sit around doing that. But someone has to or they’ll never understand.

in WvW

Posted by: Dockin.1745

Dockin.1745

During an attack on West keep on Maguuma borderlands I was attacked while in inner defense with Light of Judgement (yes, the underwater attack) by a CD invader. This happened while we were using the mortar to defend against CD siege on the cliffs. I have reported it.

I don’t mind losing, but not by hacking. This same tactic was also used on us a few minutes earlier before we lost SW keep.

I don’t doubt that CD with their numbers could have taken the SW, but this hacking has to stop. If you are even remotely interested in playing fair, please police your members CD.

Thank you.

in WvW

Posted by: RanchDressin.8210

RanchDressin.8210

During an attack on West keep on Maguuma borderlands I was attacked while in inner defense with Light of Judgement (yes, the underwater attack) by a CD invader. This happened while we were using the mortar to defend against CD siege on the cliffs. I have reported it.

I don’t mind losing, but not by hacking. This same tactic was also used on us a few minutes earlier before we lost SW keep.

I don’t doubt that CD with their numbers could have taken the SW, but this hacking has to stop. If you are even remotely interested in playing fair, please police your members CD.

Thank you.

Not sure about others, but sometimes names appear through structures for a few seconds. The Keep Lord’s name is faded for distance, so the CD guy is underneath and not just on the far side of the moat.

):

p.s. Excuse my garbage graphics. Hope you can actually see things.

Attachments:

.~.~

(edited by RanchDressin.8210)

in WvW

GuardianOMS.8067

^^^I’m missing something, what’s the problem? Is the keep lord not in the right location or is it because you shouldn’t be able to see his name through walls?

but this hacking has to stop. If you are even remotely interested in playing fair, please police your members CD.

Hackers are on every server, and they are a minority. Screencap (if you can), file a report, and move on. Posting here does nothing, as I am sure CD doesn’t approve of hacking except for those select few. E: Or maybe it does do something, because they know what to look for. But asking for people to look for a needle in a haystack is trivial.

(edited by GuardianOMS.8067)

in WvW

RanchDressin.8210

^^^I’m missing something, what’s the problem? Is the keep lord not in the right location or is it because you shouldn’t be able to see his name through walls?

but this hacking has to stop. If you are even remotely interested in playing fair, please police your members CD.

Hackers are on every server, and they are a minority. Screencap (if you can), file a report, and move on. Posting here does nothing, as I am sure CD doesn’t approve of hacking except for those select few. E: Or maybe it does do something, because they know what to look for. But asking for people to look for a needle in a haystack is trivial.

It’s a reply to Dockin’s post. I was just contributing a screen cap.

Edited it for clarity (I hope).

.~.~

(edited by RanchDressin.8210)

in WvW

GuardianOMS.8067

Okay, you mentioned the keep lord so I thought that’s what you were focusing on. But the main focus should be the CD invader apparently swimming below the keep?

in WvW

RanchDressin.8210

Okay, you mentioned the keep lord so I thought that’s what you were focusing on. But the main focus should be the CD invader apparently swimming below the keep?

I mentioned distance just to show he wasn’t in the moat on the other side of the island, but between my location and the lord. Oh golly I’m just so bad at explainin’ things.

.~.~

in WvW

GuardianOMS.8067

Nah, I probably just misunderstood. I get it now. Thanks.

in WvW

Dockin.1745

The only reason I even mentioned policing members is because both in SW and W the attacks were coordinated with the siege. The mortar position was attacked because it was a strategic element of that particular attack.

I agree with you Guardian, report, screen capture move on. I was just frustrated because it was cheating and it wasn’t even ‘needed’ they were able to take it with their vastly greater numbers.

No matter who hacks on what team, it should be reported. No offense to legit CD members, we have played them a few weeks and I have never seen cheating before.

in WvW

Posted by: Ren.6351

Ren.6351

Hey everyone..
I’m Leaxanna guild leader of Presence [Awe].

Been fighting on CD since the game start and only recently got my commander icon and started trying to lead more often, and have been in Mag BL the last 2 days.

Before I talk about anything else I’ll talk about the picture posted above about the CD hacking. Yes I saw the picture and I know that’s my guild member in that picture. I just want to say I do not approve of hacking of any kind and from the best of my knowledge none of my members hack (we aren’t that big of a guild anymore).

Just now I was there fighting at the west keep as well and after checking with some of my members, I think that may be one of my mesmers hiding outside the western inner wall (we were trying to hide him so we could have a mesmer port back in in case of a wipe). That picture could be that said mesmer.

As for the spell, which after checking is a guardian underwater spell, we only had 3 guardians there (one of them being me, I was at the south outer most of the time until the final push in), the other was dying most of the time at the front inner gate (water area), and the last one was there lagging around and tele’ing (I supposed this is from lag as 2 of us saw him freeze (running on the spot?) at one spot, get downed and suddenly appear a hell of a distance away still downed). So that character could be his character lagging around. Lastly, also could be the knockback glitch where a character gets knocked out of the map but then again I was not at the frontline at that moment so I can’t confirm this.

So yeah… Will be looking into this case to ensure no one is hacking and I apologize to any Mag’s about this.

Blackgate – Guardian – Leaxanna
Leader of Presence [Awe] – Awevival? :D

(edited by Ren.6351)

in WvW

Posted by: xxxzavulonxxx.8413

xxxzavulonxxx.8413

I wonder when people will ever learn what hacking truly is lol… Most of the so-called hacking in this game is glitch abuse.

Attachments:

[SU]

in WvW

Dockin.1745

Thank you Ren.

in WvW

Posted by: Ren.6351

Ren.6351

Well onto the thread topic..

Firstly, thank you to Maguuma for putting effort to fight and not give up (seen it happen too many times on my server when we are getting our kitten handed, cant even field a group of 20), so props to you. From the previous thread I can see that we pretty much don’t like each other for various reasons.

From being on Mag BL I can see that you guys move pretty fast to provide support where you are able to and you can set up counter siege pretty fast.
Though the main reason why I go to Mag BL and not EB BL is because of what you all said about you guys being outmanned and such.

Yesterday when I went into Mag bl we started off outnumbered 1:3 or 4 and only managed to take our spawn tower and then proceeded to get stuck fighting your group which was around 1:2 in your favour. We persisted and held our ground till eventually reinforcements came and for the remainder of the night we slowly pushed down both west and east keeps.

Today it was a bit harder, when I went in it was around 1:5 at the start, with us having around 5-7 guys, though we first fought a small group of about even numbers or a bit more (props to you for the good fight, we got wiped like 3 times and only beat you i think twice). After a long fight we finally took 2 towers and tried to go for the keep (at this point I think we had around even numbers? Or maybe you had a bit less once again can’t tell). Pushed in and took the keep and spent the remainder of the night trying to take east keep but getting outzerged. At some point we were outnumbered but it was still fun trying.

I know its hard to be on the receiving end of being undermanned, I’ve played in CD since 3 day headstart and have been through the up and down weeks where we have no one on the kitten borderlands and trying to take a supply camp gets me zerged by 30 for my group of 7 or so. It’s harsh but I can’t do anything except ask around for help, if none comes I just have to make do with what I have, maybe ninja a tower and try to hold out against an onslaught of invaders trying to steal my cookies.

Yes we definitely have more numbers than both EB and Mag as we can hold 2 BL’s and invade one more, but please don’t call us huge mindless zerg… We may not have great coordination but we have to have a bit to be able to take down keeps that are geared up and defended with siege (like yesterday). 10 guys with well placed siege and some skill can hold off a group of 20-30….

So can we all lay off the insults and just… i don’t know, talk about the fights?

Blackgate – Guardian – Leaxanna
Leader of Presence [Awe] – Awevival? :D

in WvW

Dockin.1745

I can assure you, Ren, the negative Mag posters here do not represent the majority of Maguuman’s. I hope that at some point that will be more obvious.

We have had discussions about how to counter that bad rep, but I think our play and how we handle ourselves in the game will have to win over folks.

in WvW

GuardianOMS.8067

I think our play and how we handle ourselves in the game will have to win over folks.

I like living in a world where you believe this

in WvW

Posted by: Halo.8976

Halo.8976

We caught a CD ranger and his buddy inside the east keep lord room, without any of the gates or walls down.. caught him again on the SE tower trying to kill the lord, anyone recognize him enough to report him to that exploit email address or at least let his guild know what’s going on? I reported him but doubt that will do much..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-j_gnrXU1iI&feature=youtu.be

Here’s your culprit, he made a video about soloing this tower so I went to see if somebody posted a screenshot or something. http://youtu.be/ueStp11KjiY

The world sure is small, huh.

in WvW

Posted by: Convenant.7092

Convenant.7092

Guilds to watch out for:

AoN and OG on Maguuma
N/A on Crystal Desert (I have yet to find a challenging guild)
LzSG on Ehmry Bay

If you manage to kill any of these guilds with equal or similar numbers you have done a great job.

Funny thing about AoN, they constantly switch servers because they can’t stand losing. They began on Ehmry. I wouldn’t regard them as a challenge.

AoN switched servers constantly to the underdog server to lend them a hand. We switch off winning servers, not losing ones. We actually love being on the losing server, because it just means there’s more for us to kill. And oh boy have we killed.

This is a guild decision to 1) fight bigger zergs 2) find better challenge 3) help underdogs by giving them a slightly better chance.

We transferred off Ehmry because you guys kept your points low on purpose during the NSP/SF matchups to face them twice in a row, winning by lots and getting a lot of bangwagonners. Yes, you did win lots of numbers. AoN left because weren’t interested in zerging down underdog servers like the rest of you lots.

Now we fight again this matchup… and all the bandwagonners left. Where do you stand now? Oh wait.

Look at our history. We went left Ehmry because they were winning. We went the Eredon because they were losing. We then went on Darkhaven because they were losing. Now we’ve settled on Maguuma, because, guess what? They aren’t winning either. Thank you and good day, zergling.

in WvW

Posted by: Bones.5762

Bones.5762

Well except for the fact that he exploited he actually had a nice build i thought, but i guess that doesn’t mean much.

Will you help me move?

in WvW

Posted by: Halo.8976

Halo.8976

Well except for the fact that he exploited he actually had a nice build i thought, but i guess that doesn’t mean much.

He’s not that bad and doing this to actually cure WvW from exploits.

Just try to use exploits in public and you’ll see how your own teammates are reporting on you, since no one wants to be “hacker server” (I saw how this killed GoM once).

in WvW

Posted by: Bones.5762

Bones.5762

He’s not that bad and doing this to actually cure WvW from exploits.

Just try to use exploits in public and you’ll see how your own teammates are reporting on you, since no one wants to be “hacker server” (I saw how this killed GoM once).

I hope for his sake this is the case, because openly making a build that can actually take down a keep lord solo and all the npc is a good video that should’ve been seperate but when he added the exploit into it, it’s kind of an open invite to other players(hackers/exploiter) to start doing this with mesmers and insta cap towers. Granted there’s a small portion of player base taht actually do this, it’s still annoying for this to happen.

Will you help me move?

in WvW

Posted by: Convenant.7092

Convenant.7092

What does changing servers have to do with skill?

Nothing, I find it comical one of the “skilled” guilds on Maguuma is only a transfer (who will probably leave IF you start losing a lot), and coincidentally originally from Ehmry Bay.

Ehmry was way too horrible for us. Maguuma’s a better choice.

in WvW

Rhyis.7058

Mag’s always the better choice.

in WvW

Deathdom.8250

We caught a CD ranger and his buddy inside the east keep lord room, without any of the gates or walls down.. caught him again on the SE tower trying to kill the lord, anyone recognize him enough to report him to that exploit email address or at least let his guild know what’s going on? I reported him but doubt that will do much..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-j_gnrXU1iI&feature=youtu.be

Here’s your culprit, he made a video about soloing this tower so I went to see if somebody posted a screenshot or something. http://youtu.be/ueStp11KjiY

The world sure is small, huh.

Oh wow, how did I not notice. I’ve seen the videos by Tactical Bearstrike but I didn’t realize until now that he was a CD player too.

in WvW

Posted by: quercus.9261

quercus.9261

AoN sould go to Yak’s Bend. They have less population than anyone in T4 somehow.

in WvW

saiyr.3071

How do you figure that?

in WvW

katniss.6735

I don’t understand. Are people accusing me of being negative? Because my wall-of-text was constructive and described everything that happens to a T.

Mag will be getting more players again soon.

twitch.tv/mlgw2

in WvW

saiyr.3071

Mag will be getting more players again soon.

From what?

Regarding the earlier post, I think the contents are helpful, but not here where relatively few people read it. You are pretty blunt though :P

in WvW

katniss.6735

@Saiyr: ask Tsarazi. :p

twitch.tv/mlgw2

in WvW

Posted by: wads.5730

wads.5730

leafy lass true warrior of margguma

in WvW

saiyr.3071

@Saiyr: ask Tsarazi. :p

Oh, I probably know who you mean then. Interesting. But we’re still suffering from a big drop in participation. Heck, even I’m getting a little bored. Didn’t do much WvW yesterday aside from fulfilling dailies.

in WvW

Posted by: Raincrow.1840

Raincrow.1840

CD player here and I agree. I think part of the problem is that hackers tend to go solo or in very small groups of friends they trust. Hard for us to police people who play that way. Good you reported him.

I would use report against my own team if I knew they were hacking, but havn’t seen it myself yet.

Crystal Desert; The Viking Server
When are people going to figure out there’s a war going on?

in WvW

Posted by: Raincrow.1840

Raincrow.1840

We have had discussions about how to counter that bad rep, but I think our play and how we handle ourselves in the game will have to win over folks.

I actually think your in game play is very respectable, with a high degree of skill….. which is why, even though a small few of your players like to come to the forums and criticize CD, while bragging about their own skill, I’ve still not lost my respect for Maguma as a server.

I do believe that, as a server you’re a bit too focused on individual PvP and badges to ever gain much ground as a WvW competitor, but that can be chalked up to enjoyment. Play how you like, and have fun. That’s what the game is about!

Crystal Desert; The Viking Server
When are people going to figure out there’s a war going on?

in WvW

Rhyis.7058

Murder > score.

in WvW

Posted by: Phzt.9864

Phzt.9864

I do believe that, as a server you’re a bit too focused on individual PvP and badges to ever gain much ground as a WvW competitor, but that can be chalked up to enjoyment. Play how you like, and have fun. That’s what the game is about!

Why should Maguuma care about winning? This is an actual question. Please outline why getting a higher score is a good thing for Maguuma.