12/24 Yaks Bend / Maguuma / Dragonbrand

in WvW

Posted by: RockonHarder.7235

RockonHarder.7235

You know… I am officially branding Dragonbrand the mystery gnome server after a few nights of this match up.

YB and Mag wake up to have our precious towers and keeps reset by opponents we only see in our periphery.

And this week has been my favorite week so far.

Kinda like how the fridge light works eh? lol

Deathmonger esq lvl 80 necro
DB forever!!

in WvW

Posted by: RanchDressin.8210

RanchDressin.8210

Merry Christmas, Dragonbrand, Yak’s Bend, and Mahgherma. <3

Attachments:

.~.~

in WvW

Posted by: John Widdin.9618

John Widdin.9618

Dang. Every Morning until we like it. You’ll be winning this round if you keep this up. Simply because on the final day, we won’t have time to catch up.

Zachary ~ Mesmer/ John Widdin ~ Warrior/ Zazmataz ~ Engineer
Maguuma – [TriM][DERP]

in WvW

RockonHarder.7235

Yet there is a good possibility were going to get put down another tier again.

DB forever!!

in WvW

Posted by: EnRohbi.2187

EnRohbi.2187

We actually outrank Maguuma in ratings now,
So if we hold a lead like this Maguuma will drop down for Ehmry Bay instead.

Dragonbrand

in WvW

Posted by: Plutonium.1308

Plutonium.1308

Go dragonbrand go! Here’s to a fun next week!

Observe Adapt Overcome
[FTF]Danke Bitte

in WvW

Posted by: mauler.5694

mauler.5694

Question for DB oceanic players. Not being a jerk, but want to know. Is it boring or fullfilling zerging through EB, MBL & YBBL with undefended keeps, camps etc. and taking the entire map with no opposition? As a NA prime player I have never experience that.

Killa Zombie – Necromancer

in WvW

EnRohbi.2187

Question for DB oceanic players. Not being a jerk, but want to know. Is it boring or fullfilling zerging through EB, MBL & YBBL with undefended keeps, camps etc. and taking the entire map with no opposition? As a NA prime player I have never experience that.

Now, I haven’t played with the oceanic zerg yet this week so I don’t know what Mag and Yak’s are like at that time,
But last week everytime I played with the Oceanic zerg, there was definitely always defenders.

The population today may be noticeably non-existent, but that should be understandable given the day.

Dragonbrand

in WvW

Posted by: Tynan.6279

Tynan.6279

It can’t be any fun for DB to have zero resistance/competition during their peak time, I feel sorry for them.

Wreckd ~ Mesmer/Warrior/Necro
[SIC] Strident Iconoclast ~ FA

in WvW

Posted by: Talmor.9048

Talmor.9048

It can’t be any fun for DB to have zero resistance/competition during their peak time, I feel sorry for them.

Actually, yes it is fun. We almost always have our EB base camp keep secure and fully upgraded when we wake up. It is like Christmas Morning every day. Often we have a few towers fully upgraded still too. We bunker down during the day in EB and as you saw it is like waves of water on our walls.

Every day is a new day for us at DB and we welcome the zergs and pushes. Our commanders are fierce and loyal. They know were to push and where to defend. I have yet to see a poor commander on our team.

Mag and Yak’s! Keep it up! This has been an awesome match up. It has been a while since we have had a true WvWvW instead of WvWvLowMorale.

- Farstrike
Dragon Brand

in WvW

Posted by: Tynan.6279

Tynan.6279

I’m sure it is for the NA players, but for the non NA it wouldn’t be fun for me to have little to no resistance covering all the maps.

Wreckd ~ Mesmer/Warrior/Necro
[SIC] Strident Iconoclast ~ FA

in WvW

Posted by: katniss.6735

katniss.6735

Don’t celebrate the best day of the year?
Get first place in WvW! Congrats Easterners!

Server: Maguuma – Leafy Lass – Elementalist (WvW)
Guild: Bill Murray [Bill]/ [DERP]
twitch.tv/mlgw2

in WvW

Posted by: mauler.5694

mauler.5694

How is it that DB is just climbing out of tier 5. That ocean coverage is worthy of much higher tier.

Killa Zombie – Necromancer

in WvW

Posted by: Richard Nixon.6573

Richard Nixon.6573

How is it that DB is just climbing out of tier 5. That ocean coverage is worthy of much higher tier.

We have above average Oceanic population, but below average NA population. So while we have the population to pretty much beatdown both servers while NA sleeps, when NA logs in, we have to fight for our lives just to defend what our Ocean Squad gained for us. Or, to put it in perspective, everyone in NA is night-capping against our server :P

It’s actually quite a interesting phenomenon. Our power rises and wanes with the tides

-1-800-GUILD-WAR? They can’t have my ’Brand… I have special eyes.
-Look, look with your special eyes!
-My Dragonbrand!

in WvW

RockonHarder.7235

We lost alot of our NA guild awhile ago and 1 of our Oceanic guilds. our NA was like your guys night time. but worse. the number ranged close to 1000 people overall moved to BG and mostly to SoS. we still get outmanned Buff’s during NA primetime but we have learned how to make the best of it.

because of that we’ve had a couple NA guilds move to our server which has allowed us to cover more then 1 BL/BG during NA primetime.

DB forever!!

in WvW

Posted by: nalenb.1425

nalenb.1425

I want to thank YB for some Christmas gifts yesterday. I was on my guardian yesterday in the YB BL trying to finish up a few completion items knowing it would be tough since they owned the whole map. I started North and ran into a YB thief. I turn and ran into the water, he followed. I was like crud I’m going to have to re spawn. So I got out of the water and sat down. He hit me a few times, stopped, laughed and then ran off. I was then able to head North again and get the SP.

Then I had the Southern SP to take and saw a few Mag and YB fighting at the SP. I waited till they were done and then started the SP event. A few YB watched me but left me alone. I completed it and then went back to my spawn. We were outmanned and I think there were 2 of us on the whole map so I left to another map.

Thanks YB.

~ Abbish – Dragonbrand

in WvW

Posted by: Rhyis.7058

Rhyis.7058

Yeah I’d shoot myself in the face if all I did in this game was PvD all day long. I need to be killing folks while I siege a tower. Anyway, Merry Christmas everybody.

in WvW

Posted by: Drede.4701

Drede.4701

Hmm can’t help but wonder how much fun it would be to be on Dragonbrand. Awesome server name, awesome oceanic presence, and the rush of literally fighting for your WvW life every day at NA primetime. Ah if only I didn’t love being a Yak so much. Having an awesome guild is nice too.

The many different ways I can spell Regnilond xD
Guardians of the Creed [HATE]
Yak’s Bend

in WvW

EnRohbi.2187

Hmm can’t help but wonder how much fun it would be to be on Dragonbrand. Awesome server name, awesome oceanic presence, and the rush of literally fighting for your WvW life every day at NA primetime. Ah if only I didn’t love being a Yak so much. Having an awesome guild is nice too.

It’s a lot more fun than it was while we were riding down the tiers, I can tell you that much :P

Dragonbrand

in WvW

Posted by: Kovu.7560

Kovu.7560

One thing’s for certain when facing Dragonbrand. You’re going to be resetting those upgrades every morning.

Charr Ranger, Necromancer, Thief
Fort Aspenwood. [CREW], [TLC], [ShW], [UNIV]

in WvW

Posted by: xxxzavulonxxx.8413

xxxzavulonxxx.8413

To be fair, Dragonbrand’s Oceanic crew wakes up to their stuff reset as well. And it isn’t Asian, Aussies and Kiwis fault. There probably could be some Oceanic servers that would prevent servers from waking up to major PvDooring. I hear the costs of servers located in Australia would be bad though.

[SU]

in WvW

Posted by: John Widdin.9618

John Widdin.9618

To be fair, we only destroyed everything in your borderlands because you did it to ours.

</3 Maguuma.

Of course, that’s why your lead is so far ahead, so I certainly don’t blame you.

Zachary ~ Mesmer/ John Widdin ~ Warrior/ Zazmataz ~ Engineer
Maguuma – [TriM][DERP]

in WvW

Posted by: Besetment.9187

Besetment.9187

Maguuma has easily the lowest Oceanic presence in this bracket right now and Dragonbrand does not PvD. We can field about 20 to 25 in that time and we usually cluster in Maguuma BL and go down with the ship. So yeah, DB’s Oceanic presence get a hard fight because it takes them like 6 hours to grind us down to East Keep.

But yeah, their Oceanic is big. The first night Maguuma BL survived with more than anticipated (East Keep, Garrison, North East Tower and North Supply). During Christmas Eve/Christmas Day, a number of key Oceanic players didn’t log in and we lost everything much quicker than we should have.

We had to come after DB after that so we reset your borderland during the day. But its hard to reset and hold both attacking borderlands. We can only really hold 1 borderland (Maguuma BL) with the numbers we have, but kitten if you want to take our borderland, you will have to work for it.

(edited by Besetment.9187)

in WvW

Posted by: pigtaro.2749

pigtaro.2749

This is like e most dynamic match up tt I had played so far. Anyone counted how many times SM flipped? It’s like every servers occupied SMC at least once a day.

in WvW

Posted by: Vague.1602

Vague.1602

Merry Christmas, Dragonbrand, Yak’s Bend, and Mahgherma. <3

Sorry but the scores are meaningless for this match up given the events that have transpired so far. You all know what I am talking about.

in WvW

Kovu.7560

It seems to be the same routine every day. Maguuma takes over DB BL during the late morning while Yaks take SM and most of DB’s stuff in EB. Once DB is basically out of the picture Mag and Yakes hit each other’s lower BLs. If DB takes anything major back Mag hits DB BL and Yaks hit DB EB.

Later in the night DB’s Asians come online and work hard to take the majority of all four maps. (Maguuma seems to resist this more than Yaks). Later morning comes, Asians go to bed and rinse repeat. 10AM+ in the morning nobody on DB seems to really want to play. People in my (wvw) guild have called it “pointless” on more than one occasion.

Currently it’s still anyone’s matchup. As a NA Dragonbrander I hate being pounded into the ground constantly, but if I don’t work the next morning I stay up late. The night time battle for SM is always epic.

I don’t see this routine changing.

~ Kovu

in WvW

Posted by: Volundarhus.7815

Volundarhus.7815

I’m an NA player that starts wvw at around 12am pac’time and goes until 4am-6am depending. It isn’t just a faceroll. We really have to hit you, and hit you and hit you until you finally just log out. Most of your areas are quite fortified and I have been pleasantly surprised by the defense. You’ve both been a real pain in the kitten.

I’d say most of the caps happen after 5am pac, when it slows down I just start building siege so our morning time crew can last a little longer.

Dragonbrand – Dumaresq
Loch Ness Monster (nnnf)

in WvW

Kovu.7560

The most entertaining part of this entire match up so far was seeing “ kitten the Yaks are slapping our yaks again!” in map chat.

in WvW

Posted by: Evalana.5480

Evalana.5480

This matchup is VERY exciting! Maguuma’s Mesmers definitely keep us on our toes!!!

Indecisive Eva – Maguuma – [GS] Gun Squad
Looking for Guards, Warriors, & Mesmers!
Apply today at: http://tinyurl.com/gunsquad

in WvW

Posted by: Jan.4830

Jan.4830

More screens. Mods if you’re gonna ask us to report them, they cant be targeted, and so arnt reportable.

Note the shot coming up through the floor. From under the keep.

Attachments:

Yaks Bend Alliance
Melisande-Warrior

in WvW

Posted by: wads.5730

wads.5730

you can target them by using autotarget

in WvW

RockonHarder.7235

HOw do you know they are dragon brand? also how do you know the guild is CHEM?

not to be the devil’s advocate because clearly something is happening. but to not be able to target anything then claim you know who it was.

DB forever!!

in WvW

Posted by: Grit.9061

Grit.9061

The chat log says DB invader, so at least that much is clear. Haven’t heard of the guild CHEM before.

In any case, you should be sending an e-mail to exploits@arena.net. I’m sure they would benefit from an accurate time stamp as well.

[LION] Lion’s Arch Irregulars – Dragonbrand
lionsarch.org

in WvW

Posted by: FlamingMook.8437

FlamingMook.8437

not to be the devil’s advocate because clearly something is happening. but to not be able to target anything then claim you know who it was.

Did you even bother to look at the screenshot?

in WvW

Posted by: chickenmagican.3489

chickenmagican.3489

The guild [CHEM] full name is “Periodic Table of The Elements”. I have seen a couple of their members hacked into the citadel in our borderland before behind the portal. Again, i have screenshot but they’re not target-able even with auto target or tab. Also reported them hack through our keep wall as well.

in WvW

Posted by: juicifruitz.6251

juicifruitz.6251

In any case, you should be sending an e-mail to exploits@arena.net. I’m sure they would benefit from an accurate time stamp as well.

The thing is though, how many times do we have to send the same emails to anet before they actually do something? The fact of the matter is inorder to get something done is to name and shame in the public forum, so people on that server can deal with it from the inside.

Once again sending in emails to anet with video and pictures and propper detail do not achieve a thing.. I come to this conclusion because of the number of exploits such as the on mentioned a couple posts up have been reported and reported for months on end to anet.

in WvW

RockonHarder.7235

Did you even bother to look at the screenshot?

Yes i did.

What i see is a combat log saying your taking large amounts of damage and on the screen shot someone only taking 52 damage.

Now it is also possible that the last time you took damage from a Dragonbrand player was somewhere else. NO DB player is targeted and also the combat log info is not syncing up with the actual damage your taking on the screen.

So in the end for this to be conclusive. you need more info. you need actually proof there are DB players attacking you. that players with a guild tag of (CHEM) are infact doing this.

So to answer your question yes i did look at the screen shot. i look at all of it. you’ll also notice he is asking for people to check out an event that happened 8 hours earlier. 1 pm hackers were messing with them, 9pm he post’s asking for someone come to keep to check it out.

we’ve already had our thread locked once. so how about you send the info to arenanet and lets just move on.

DB forever!!

(edited by RockonHarder.7235)

in WvW

Posted by: Richard Nixon.6573

Richard Nixon.6573

If they’re still around, pm me: “Illusions of Sorrow”. I’ll try to head over there and see if I can get a name to report them myself.

-1-800-GUILD-WAR? They can’t have my ’Brand… I have special eyes.
-Look, look with your special eyes!
-My Dragonbrand!

in WvW

Posted by: Sporadicus.1028

Sporadicus.1028

you can target them by using autotarget

Auto-target works only on a certain distance. It works randomly through walls, and gets harder to auto-target through walls if they are farther away from you.

Malkin Rawl – Charr Engineer, Tarnished Coast
Loudmouth, lousy PvPer, and mediocre PvEer.
I don’t own, I just play

in WvW

Posted by: Sporadicus.1028

Sporadicus.1028

Richard Nixon, if you can’t get to where they are, hopefully you can see their green dots on the map. The best bet is to bring up your map, show the green dots on the map nearby, and take a screenshot of that map.

That’s the only way to do it without them showing you where they are.

I suspect they won’t let join you in this exploit, as they are probably letting guild-only members do this.

Malkin Rawl – Charr Engineer, Tarnished Coast
Loudmouth, lousy PvPer, and mediocre PvEer.
I don’t own, I just play

in WvW

Posted by: Aluminum.6982

Aluminum.6982

It would be great if DB could get the information we have been collecting to police their server as they are a lot of fun to battle and this has been a good match up. I would hate it to be wasted on a few bad eggs. Keep up the good fight guys n gals!

Corrupted Wingnut – Necro.
Or any of the Wingnut family.
(One) Yaks Bend.

in WvW

Posted by: George Steel.1804

George Steel.1804

@Dragonbrand invaders (4), ~5AM EST, 12/26/2012, Watergate, West Keep (Dbrand BL)…

I really enjoyed the 4v1. I did aim for the commander (mesmer) first, as I love to stomp people who pay money for titles. With a little help from a clutch rally (this is why I attack downed players instead!) I was able to reincarnate from my hunkered position and secure the last kill. Hopefully, you weren’t too embarrassed.

:D

Attachments:

Platinum – Guardian
Technical Strength – Engineer
Dungeon Master – FotM 46

(edited by George Steel.1804)

in WvW

Posted by: chickenmagican.3489

chickenmagican.3489

in WvW

Posted by: Evalana.5480

Evalana.5480

Ugh – people that do this kind of crap make the game incredibly un-fun – whether they are on a different server or not. As a whole, the DB server is the most enjoyable community that I’ve been a part of. Please don’t lump those butt-hats in with the rest of the Dragonbrand community. They’ll probably just transfer to another server next week and harass someone else… we can hope, right? So tired of 3 – 4 people ruining the rep of an entire server =(

Indecisive Eva – Maguuma – [GS] Gun Squad
Looking for Guards, Warriors, & Mesmers!
Apply today at: http://tinyurl.com/gunsquad

in WvW

Posted by: cocopuffs.3706

cocopuffs.3706

Saw one as well. Guild tag {haha}

Attachments:

in WvW

Posted by: Moddo.7105

Moddo.7105

Did DB have this much of a issue with people from your server exploiting last week or is this a new thing?

in WvW

Posted by: xxxzavulonxxx.8413

xxxzavulonxxx.8413

Some of those players may not be attached to any server and float around just to grief

[SU]

in WvW

RockonHarder.7235

1. The time on the screenshot is the local time in Singapore, not standard server time. I posted within 5 mins of the event happening. it carried on for much longer after that.
——————————-
2. NO DB player is targeted because it was not possible to target them from the location we were standing at. Tab click or otherwise.
——————————-
3. The guild tag CHEM was reported from multiple people who were able to target the exploiters when they got too close to the ‘surface’. Perhaps they will have more screenshots and are willing to post it.
——————————

Since there seems to be a suggestion that this is an elaborate scheme to frame a server…

Fraps would definitely be better ‘proof’ then a couple of screenshots, anyone who was there care to put up a link?

Yes we could report this to Anet, we have. As mentioned earlier, we also want to name and shame the people and the guild that did this.

Doubt they’re still there at this point.

i wasn’t implying that this was some elaborate scheme and did say it was clear something was happening. while there has been screen shot’s to the effect,

We ourselves have posted screenshot’s and made accusations which then were later explained.

i’m sure if the shoe was on the other foot you would want every step taking before people started pointed at you.

there is only enough clear evidence to show “someone” is explioting. In these picture’s.

The people in DRagonbrand have to fight hard enough to get to where we are. To only get dragged down by accusations. please just give us the same consideration you would like in return.

DB forever!!

in WvW

Posted by: ElDudemeister.5108

ElDudemeister.5108

Did DB have this much of a issue with people from your server exploiting last week or is this a new thing?

I only started checking these forums last week, but the Borlis Pass guys accused us of cheating. We wrote it off as epic kitten because they came in so confident and, after a few close days, we ran away with the score and figured it was just sour grapes. I was around for several of the instances where they claimed cheating and it was just our server’s mesmer tactics.

But I’d have to say that it’s likely that there is exploiting going on although I don’t recognize most of these guilds, but I’ve now see exploiting twice with my own eyes at the hills keep and at the garrison. What I can say, though, is that our main WvW guilds (the ones that will be here 6 months or a year from now no matter what tier we wind up in), don’t cheat and would happily report someone for doing so.

We definitely appreciate help rooting out exploiters. If you guys have evidence, feel free to hit up the people from DB who are posting to this thread and we might be able to narrow it down further and help report. We love our Dragonbrand community, we love WvW, and we love to have a good, clean, fun competition with other servers. I, personally, have run with Grit [LION], En Rohbi [DUEL], and our excellent commanders from NNK and FIST, and they all seem aligned with this “no cheating” thinking. Also, I am part of EA and I can say that, from our guild chats and Vent conversations, we are very very anti-exploits. We all worked hard to make our server’s WvW tough and competitive, and we want our reputation to be as a tough, competitive server, not the dirtiest players around.

in WvW

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

For the Thief in the Citadel (sounds like a book title), it’s quite possible he got in there by stealthing. The Legendary Defenders don’t attack stealthed people and a properly set up thief can stealth for long enough to get into that location.

It’s also possible he hacked/exploited. Just figured I would throw out another possibility.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver