12/28 IoJ / CD / FA (Round 2)

in WvW

Posted by: RyuDragnier.9476

RyuDragnier.9476

FA, you need to talk to your guys. Because when I see things like the following screenshot, it makes me facepalm yet also makes me laugh so hard. But on the other side, you’re keeping IoJ preoccupied, so keep at it! XD

Attachments:

[hS]
PvE Main – Zar Poisonclaw – Daredevil
WvW Main – Ghost Mistcaller – Herald

in WvW

Posted by: Penguin.5197

Penguin.5197

FA, you need to talk to your guys. Because when I see things like the following screenshot, it makes me facepalm yet also makes me laugh so hard. But on the other side, you’re keeping IoJ preoccupied, so keep at it! XD

When I came in the jp that place was very hostile. Ioj didnt let my guildie do puzzle so we went on an Ioj killing spree. It was fun and I’m sure they got some people too. Before I logged off I went screw it and ran straight into them hah! They got me good

Here is a screenshot of my point of view

Attachments:

in WvW

Posted by: Deathdom.8250

Deathdom.8250

FA, you guys are hilarious. CD is trying to breakout in IOJ BL? Let’s attack them instead of trying to take Hills while IOJ is distracted.

in WvW

Posted by: ryan.3915

ryan.3915

I don’t know what that FA group of 5 is doing. Same thing happened about 8 hours ago. They could easily take their side of the map, but instead, they wander into the west side, and kill lone players.

Blaine Warbler, Thief
EDMW, Jade Quarry.
I still love Crystal Dessert tho.

in WvW

Posted by: Expunge.4926

Expunge.4926

there are just so many bags available at this tower

in WvW

Posted by: Aytrix.4059

Aytrix.4059

FA, you guys are hilarious. CD is trying to breakout in IOJ BL? Let’s attack them instead of trying to take Hills while IOJ is distracted.

What’s hilarious is that you guys can’t take a non upgraded tower with several break out events and IOJ hitting us at the same time. We are having a blast, and thats all that matters.

in WvW

Posted by: Expunge.4926

Expunge.4926

strats so advanced, they can’t even comprehend

in WvW

Posted by: Deathdom.8250

Deathdom.8250

What’s hilarious is that you guys can’t take a non upgraded tower with several break out events and IOJ hitting us at the same time. We are having a blast, and thats all that matters.

In case you are unware, we had outmanned and ioj hitting us too.

in WvW

Posted by: Im Not Braxton.6283

Im Not Braxton.6283

In case you are unware, we had outmanned and ioj hitting us too.

They are double teaming. Not just accidental. This stuff doesn’t happen on accident.

Braxton The Ele – Elementalist
Blackgate – [GoF]

in WvW

Posted by: Volcanus.2756

Volcanus.2756

Same with us. About 25 IOJ sieged up inside the bluebriar tower, couldnt do anything with that. But with such advanced tactics you would think the scores would be alittle different. Lets go CD, only 4k behind!

Burstz-Warrior
Damage Inc. [DI]
Isle of Janthir

in WvW

Posted by: Arcadio.6875

Arcadio.6875

I messed up, lol.

Attachments:

Lord Arcadio
League Of Ascending Immortals [OATH]

in WvW

Posted by: RyuDragnier.9476

RyuDragnier.9476

Oh man Arcadio, you wouldn’t believe how hard I’m laughing right now, but I understand how that problem could happen. XD

[hS]
PvE Main – Zar Poisonclaw – Daredevil
WvW Main – Ghost Mistcaller – Herald

in WvW

Posted by: Volcanus.2756

Volcanus.2756

Use the #2 flame ability on anyone trying to take out the cats, we do that all the time.

Burstz-Warrior
Damage Inc. [DI]
Isle of Janthir

in WvW

Posted by: Ohoni.6057

Ohoni.6057

I logged on this morning when I woke up and CD was controlling all three keeps in FABL, so I figured they might have a shot at advancing further north. I stuck around and chipped in, and we managed to flip Longview, and then all the available supply camps, and then Cliffside, holding the whole map. . . for about fifteen to twenty minutes. Then IoJ came out of nowhere, and without flipping a single camp they would show up at keep doors with a half dozen golems and roll it over in about thirty seconds per gate. By the time I was packing up for the day they’d managed to take over each of the major locations over the course of about thirty to forty minutes. I know I don’t WvW a whole lot, but isn’t that messed up? I mean, there should be some sort of prep time involved or something.

“If you spent as much time working on [some task] as
you spend complaining about it on the forums, you’d be
done by now.”

in WvW

ryan.3915

Then IoJ came out of nowhere, and without flipping a single camp they would show up at keep doors with a half dozen golems and roll it over in about thirty seconds per gate. By the time I was packing up for the day they’d managed to take over each of the major locations over the course of about thirty to forty minutes. I know I don’t WvW a whole lot, but isn’t that messed up? I mean, there should be some sort of prep time involved or something.

IOJ’s very good, fast and coordinated with setting up their siege. They also post players to keep a lookout for incoming zergs or siege. This helps their response time and they are giving us a good show of what an upper tier server is about.

For golems, I guess the same principles apply – having siege weapons ready, and having people on the lookout helps tremendously with your defense and response time.

Blaine Warbler, Thief
EDMW, Jade Quarry.

in WvW

Posted by: Kinglette.4906

Kinglette.4906

There is a lot of prep involved in that kind of rush

80 Guardian, 80 Warrior, 80 Thief
[AVTR] FA

in WvW

Ohoni.6057

There is a lot of prep involved in that kind of rush

Lol, I suppose, but I would have thought that they would need at least a single supply camp to do it though, maybe even a single tower to their name. They just appeared out of nowhere.

done by now.”

in WvW

Kinglette.4906

They would have had a few supply camps on other maps, people moving 15 at a time build very quickly

[AVTR] FA

in WvW

Ohoni.6057

Oh, that doesn’t seem right to me, considering how rapidly those things can destroy a base’s defenses, they shouldn’t be so easy to set up, I think. Like you shouldn’t be able to pull materials from one map to get a head start on another. I guess that’s my major design issue with WvW in this game, it seems very difficult to hold anything for any length of time, most sites take a lot of time and effort to upgrade or put down roots, but only minutes to collapse complete from a concentrated effort.

I don’t think that zergs should be able to function like a Tsunami, just sweeping across a map in under an hour and laying waste, but rather it should be a deliberate process, in which it’s very difficult to take location C without first securing and entrenching locations A and then B. Often that seems to be the way it works, but there are apparently some mechanics that allow for all that to collapse in a heap.

done by now.”

in WvW

Posted by: kylia.4813

kylia.4813

Oh, that doesn’t seem right to me, considering how rapidly those things can destroy a base’s defenses, they shouldn’t be so easy to set up, I think. Like you shouldn’t be able to pull materials from one map to get a head start on another. I guess that’s my major design issue with WvW in this game, it seems very difficult to hold anything for any length of time, most sites take a lot of time and effort to upgrade or put down roots, but only minutes to collapse complete from a concentrated effort.

I don’t think that zergs should be able to function like a Tsunami, just sweeping across a map in under an hour and laying waste, but rather it should be a deliberate process, in which it’s very difficult to take location C without first securing and entrenching locations A and then B. Often that seems to be the way it works, but there are apparently some mechanics that allow for all that to collapse in a heap.

Do remember they would have to build these golems out in the open, as you cannot build them in spawn. So some strategic scouts watching spawn can easily pick up on this sort of army being created. Of course it requires scouts, welcome to Tier 1/2 tactics

(edited by kylia.4813)

in WvW

Posted by: Docherty.8372

Docherty.8372

Shout-outs to the IOJers who left two Omega Golems in Bays at CDBL when we re-capped it on new year’s eve. Was not sorry at all to lay them to waste =D

But really, I mentioned before how terrifically organized some (not all!) IOJ zergs can be – we can either learn from them, or continue to lose our keeps in record time.

in WvW

Ohoni.6057

Oh, yes, I don’t mean to diminish their accomplishments, I just don’t think that aspect of play is good for the game. Players should obviously use whatever tactics ANet allows them, I just think this is a sort of tactic that needs some better limitations or counters.

done by now.”

in WvW

Docherty.8372

Oh, yes, I don’t mean to diminish their accomplishments, I just don’t think that aspect of play is good for the game. Players should obviously use whatever tactics ANet allows them, I just think this is a sort of tactic that needs some better limitations or counters.

IOJ also knows how to counter those tactics – they garrison their possessions with multiple players/siege and react quickly with their main zerg to any reported attack. It’s very effective and very simple, and FA/CD just don’t do it enough.

in WvW

ryan.3915

There are a lot of limitations to this. How many people would willingly switch BLs just to help you build siege? Golems are not cheap either.

Blaine Warbler, Thief
EDMW, Jade Quarry.

in WvW

Posted by: Entioch.6594

Entioch.6594

Also consider that IoJ was the worst server in tier 2, so be happy your in tier 3 where atleast its A close matchup :P

Hidden Sin[ONI]
ERP guild looking for members.

in WvW

Ohoni.6057

IOJ also knows how to counter those tactics – they garrison their possessions with multiple players/siege and react quickly with their main zerg to any reported attack. It’s very effective and very simple, and FA/CD just don’t do it enough.

We tend to have people at each location, we just don’t have enough people in total to effectively man every location AND bring a significant zerg to bear at all hours. I’m pretty sure that when they attacked Hillside we had almost every player in the zone there, but they still tore through the gates within a minute. Maybe one thing that would help if if they applied the Dynamic Event model to WvW, such that if one team has less players in total than another on the map, then defensive NPCs automatically become stronger and more numerous. The balance point would be not to make them overpowering, but to make it so that, say, a 50 vs. 25 players mismatch would end up being more equivalent to a 50 vs. 45 player match.

There are a lot of limitations to this. How many people would willingly switch BLs just to help you build siege? Golems are not cheap either.

If cost is a factor then that’s just buy-to-win. You can’t claim that cost is a balancing factor for golems because then you would be saying that golems are inherently unbalanced.

Also consider that IoJ was the worst server in tier 2, so be happy your in tier 3 where atleast its A close matchup :P

Lol, again, it’s not the sour grapes factor at play here, even if we were the ones benefiting from that tactic or whatever I wouldn’t think it’s a good idea from a design perspective (but I’d take the control points, regardless).

I just don’t think it’s the healthiest way for the game to operate. I think that it should take a minimum of several hours to completely sweep a map, even if you are the awesomest players and your opponents are scrubs. There need to be some unavoidable time sinks along the way. They should make long-game siege attempts more successful, and short-game siege attempts less viable. It should be more true siege warfare, rather than turn-and-burn, where you can really put down roots and not be terribly worried that an opposing team can just sweep in and completely nullify any efforts you put in. .

done by now.”

in WvW

Posted by: Hekatombaion.4320

Hekatombaion.4320

They kind of can’t.
Well I mean obviously they do. It’s just that if you watch CD make a bunch of golems and take them somewhere we only have a fairly slim chance of taking one keep with them, much less all the keeps on a map. It’s fairly easy to recognize “oh they saw us at point x” or “oh they had 3+ arrow carts (you can’t really tell them apart after that) behind walls.”

There are a lot of defensive tactics that CD just isn’t picking up. I’ve seen a few of us doing them, generally coordinated guilds, but we’ve got fairly large gaps between those when it’s just a commander running around with whoever they could scrape together.

In large part I think a lot of our commanders have just stopped trying to do defensive work because when they do tell people to run supplies to repair a gate there’s only two players doing it. Not all of the time of course, but for really large parts of the day our player base just won’t do anything but lump all the commanders together and go pound on a tower while our garrison is falling. I’ve personally taken sentry duty on the water gate when we see highly telegraphed golem preparations and then when I finally sound the alarm people wait a full minute before they waypoint and get nearly to the outer gate before the keep lord flipped. It’s slightly better if four people could be bothered to stick around refreshing siege and watching the other gates but that’s still not enough time to get people to the keep to defend it against that many golems.

The other servers? They keep people in the keep at times like that and they just kill all the golems before they break through the first door. At least some of us on CD know how to, but most of the time we just don’t.

Italucuc[KH] – 80 Mesmer – Tarnished Coast

in WvW

ryan.3915

There are a lot of defensive tactics that CD just isn’t picking up. I’ve seen a few of us doing them, generally coordinated guilds, but we’ve got fairly large gaps between those when it’s just a commander running around with whoever they could scrape together.

In large part I think a lot of our commanders have just stopped trying to do defensive work because when they do tell people to run supplies to repair a gate there’s only two players doing it.

The bigger guilds are great in CD. They coordinate, and aim their strikes. When they are around, CD shines with decisiveness in offense and defense. For example, SMC gets set up lots of trebs, ballistae etc by these guilds, and it would take hours of sieging for either server to finally take SMC.

Unfortunately, once they leave, we are left with newbies who don’t carry any supply or siege. I think all WvWers need to:

1. Carry siege and supply. When under attack, build a cata to repel rams! Put a dent in their golems! Use that freaking oil! IOJ and TC can quickly populate the walls of towers and keeps with ballistae and arrow carts until the zerg can’t even get close to the walls.

2. Commanders can lead the zerg to supply, and bring it back for repairs. I have seen TC and IOJ do this immediately after fending off attacks, and their walls and doors quickly repaired to 100%. If you politely ask ‘can someone repair the walls?’, no one will respond. Neither will anyone stay to repair when they know you are off capping profitable structures.

So yes, there’s a lot of work to defending properly. To magically grant free buffs so you can fight larger, more-prepared and coordinated forces would be the unfair thing to do.

Blaine Warbler, Thief
EDMW, Jade Quarry.

(edited by ryan.3915)

in WvW

Posted by: Deathmax.9536

Deathmax.9536

When a guild is able to field 30-40 people, there is no problem waypointing to a fully upgraded keep to grab supply and come back. You only need 5 people for a guild golem, 10 for a regular golem and 11 for a omega golem.

Acquiring golems is not an issue. Badges of Honor, JPs, guild golems are all viable options for a golem rush.

in WvW

Posted by: Safir.9203

Safir.9203

In large part I think a lot of our commanders have just stopped trying to do defensive work because when they do tell people to run supplies to repair a gate there’s only two players doing it.

Then you need the players who are respected on your server (sometimes including your better commanders) to lead by example and model the behavior you want to see from others. After all, why should your world’s players be willing to forgo fun if the people asking for them to stay behind can’t be bothered to stick around…?

If vital jobs aren’t getting done and people aren’t willing (or able) to accept the importance of doing them, your leadership’s first objective should be to model the behavior willingly and often to hammer home the point that repairs must be completed, defensive siege replaced, etc. Leadership that tells people to do something and then leaves them to go off with the zerg and PvDoor sends the wrong message entirely. A leader (or a couple of well-known/respected players) must announce in chat that they are tackling the boring task and ask for help. Be positive about it too. Let people see you staying behind while the zerg runs off to glory (and a likely wipe, half the time…). Don’t act like it’s some huge sacrifice, just another step along the path to… (-charlie sheen voice-): “WINNING!”

IMO, it just doesn’t work to ask people to do things that we ourselves will not do. In fact, it’s super important for even some of your best frontline leaders to show their willingness to run supply for repairs/siege building, and to show this willingness repeatedly. This doesn’t mean the whole zerg has to do it, this doesn’t mean your best players spend their every moment in game doing menial tasks, but it does mean that at times when it can be noticed (and often enough that it is no one-time fluke), some of your best players should be the ones to stay behind with small repair teams while the zerg leaves to capture stuff.

If these players are the ones staying behind and doing the little things, it sends a much stronger message to everyone than telling people to do something ever would. It takes time for people to catch on too, and it’s always far from perfect, but it does start to make a difference.

Expect to be frustrated, bored, and alone often, but it does help change things for the better (gradually!). ;D

I think all WvWers need to:

1. Carry siege and supply. When under attack, build a cata to repel rams!

Or, better yet, have the cata (+arrow cart) already built before any such attack, and have dependable people refreshing siege at your various towers so it doesn’t despawn. Building as the door is already getting hammered loses you some precious splash damage that often destroys rams of poorly organized zergs before they’re even built….

2. Commanders can lead the zerg to supply, and bring it back for repairs. I have seen TC and IOJ do this immediately after fending off attacks, and their walls and doors quickly repaired to 100%. If you politely ask ‘can someone repair the walls?’, no one will respond. Neither will anyone stay to repair when they know you are off capping profitable structures.

Again, “lead” vs. “ask” is the key.

Asking implies you are leaving people and going off to do the fun stuff, in which case, why complain that people aren’t staying behind when you’re not even one of the ones who stays? Being an active solution to the problem is the first step to getting broader help in solving it.

It’s more productive to just say, “I’m staying behind to repair this gate/wall/build siege/whatever. Need some help please!” and be grateful and good humored to those who stay behind. Then when you complete your task, say in chat “Repairs at Tower XYZ complete, tyvm to all who helped!!!” or something like that and continue about your business.

Do this kind of stuff consistently, be first in line and publicly eager to do it, and your random players will start pitching in more and more often without prompting. The sooner people grasp the importance of repairs, healthy supply lines, and the force multiplier that defensive siege provides, the better off we all are.

(edited by Safir.9203)

in WvW

Posted by: Niim.9260

Niim.9260

Do this kind of stuff consistently, be first in line and publicly eager to do it, and your random players will start pitching in more and more often without prompting. The sooner people grasp the importance of repairs, healthy supply lines, and the force multiplier that defensive siege provides, the better off we all are.

It is also important to make sure that their effort is not wasted. Nothing like running supplies, repairing walls, taking out trebs hitting tower, setting up siege, protecting its dolyaks, etc and then when it gets attacked no one responds to defend. If your the person that just spent 2 hours of your time away from the fight, gold in upgrades and siege, how likely are you to bother again?

~ AoN ~

in WvW

Posted by: Wickedvice.9104

Wickedvice.9104

Can we get a current score update.

in WvW

Posted by: selan.8354

selan.8354

erm u know IOJ attacked greenbriar with 6 golems…after 3 failed breakout events, 2 attempts building mutiple catas again and 2 tebs at the ruins attempt… They kept PRO quite busy…and then there was the golems marching up to gb gates…and FAILED… 6 golems and about 20 defenders got destroyed infront of the gate..gate health 100% :-)

Zergs can be stopped if handled right and PRO had less numbers than that zerg. One of our commanders was even able to hold back a TC zerg attack of 3 omega golems and 2 alphas +20 invaders with very limited numbers. u gotta know how and when to push and how to use siege.

Lv 80 glamour Mesmer Triforce Mesmerpower PU mes,Lv 80 power necro
[AVTR]
Isle of Kickaspenwood

in WvW

Posted by: Waking.6052

Waking.6052

Golem ‘rushes’ on IOJ can be anywhere from 5 minutes to 1 hour in the making. It depends on what the guilds and alliance are doing. They are easily countered, if you have people disciplined enough to do the diligence of defending. The difficulty is finding such people that will defend when there is killing to be done somewhere else.

I’ll let you figure out how to do it, but it’s not hard, just diligence.

Guardian Commander “The Lord Saves”
Mesmer Commander “The Lord Knows”
Fort Aspenwood

in WvW

ryan.3915

It is also important to make sure that their effort is not wasted. Nothing like running supplies, repairing walls, taking out trebs hitting tower, setting up siege, protecting its dolyaks, etc and then when it gets attacked no one responds to defend. If your the person that just spent 2 hours of your time away from the fight, gold in upgrades and siege, how likely are you to bother again?

I agree fully with this. It’s very frustrating to make sure everything is upgraded to tier 4, only to have it capped because some rookie commander thinks ‘it can be taken back again’. Some do so, but don’t bother with siege or upgrades so it gets taken away again in a few minutes.

Lack of support from fellow players can make people become jaded, or worse, leave the game.

Blaine Warbler, Thief
EDMW, Jade Quarry.

in WvW

Posted by: wombat.6123

wombat.6123

Golem ‘rushes’ on IOJ can be anywhere from 5 minutes to 1 hour in the making. It depends on what the guilds and alliance are doing.

Here’s a short video of IOJ’s golem rush on Greenbriar in FA BL a couple of hours ago. You guys brought six golems (maybe 5, it’s hard to tell) and the NPC commander Siegerazor to Greenbriar and did about 1% damage to the gate.

I think these were the worst piloted golems I’ve ever seen. They spent more time spinning around trying to hit defenders than they did hitting the gate.

Wombling Wombat
FA – Protectorate of Aspenwood [PRO]

(edited by wombat.6123)

in WvW

Posted by: Mif.3471

Mif.3471

IOJ’s golem rush

So a bunch of players, with clearly no WvW experience, decided they were going to buy some golems, thinking that would give them god mode. The inevitable happened and they failed miserably.

And you take that as an opportunity to sling mud at IoJ’s dedicated WvW playerbase?
The amount petty rubbish that comes out of some people here is astonishing.

Is a bit of respect and sportsmanship too much to ask?

Tarnished Coast | Best cookies in all of Tyria

(edited by Mif.3471)

in WvW

Posted by: Endorin.3109

Endorin.3109

As the leader of [NAGA]. Would like to thank all of IoJ that was present defending their borderland. A lot of fun fights and zerg v zerg battle and finally got your bay.

And oh an update on the scores. Cheers!

Attachments:

Vizard/Violét Darkheart .
Maestro of Not Another Gaming Acronym [NAGA].

in WvW

Posted by: Niim.9260

Niim.9260

I think what people view as deserving of respect and what qualifies as sportsmanship is going to be pretty varied and as such, it really is likely too much to ask.

~ AoN ~

in WvW

Posted by: Foss.4830

Foss.4830

I think what people view as deserving of respect and what qualifies as sportsmanship is going to be pretty varied and as such, it really is likely too much to ask.

It is. This is still the internet after all :P

Bluecog – Valór [RUN] – Kaineng

in WvW

Posted by: Riddickk.7091

Riddickk.7091

The video posted by wombat is pretty appalling. I do concur with your accessment that those are the worst piloted golems I’ve ever seen. Looks like some IOJ players still need a bit of training. Thanks for sharing.

Roddrickk-80 Asuran Warrior
Guild: Helioz

in WvW

Posted by: Raincrow.1840

Raincrow.1840

CD player here….

That video is a good example of how to stop Golems but it shouldn’t be used as some type of gauge as to IOJ’s abilities in PvP. Every server is obviously going to have some less experienced players making mistakes.

I also wouldn’t say that the Golem’s were badly piloted, looks more like the problem there was planning. They didn’t have enough foot soilders to take the oil down and the Golems were stuck in no man’s land.

6 Golems vs the breakout tower was a bad choice from the start.

Crystal Desert; The Viking Server
When are people going to figure out there’s a war going on?

in WvW

Posted by: KrazyFlyinChicken.5936

KrazyFlyinChicken.5936

6 Golems vs the breakout tower was a bad choice from the start.

This.

Fort Aspenwood – Elementalist
Character name: Azilyi

in WvW

Kinglette.4906

Thanks for the laugh wombat, it shows we all have some great guilds/players and some not so

[AVTR] FA

in WvW

selan.8354

we are only laughing so hard as IoJ was trying to take that tower for 2 hours. It’s not ment to be to mock ioj, as we respect your server.it was just soo funny at the moment. please don’t take this as an insult.

[AVTR]
Isle of Kickaspenwood

in WvW

Posted by: iBludgeon.1538

iBludgeon.1538

IOJ’s golem rush

So a bunch of players, with clearly no WvW experience, decided they were going to buy some golems, thinking that would give them god mode. The inevitable happened and they failed miserably.

And you take that as an opportunity to sling mud at IoJ’s dedicated WvW playerbase?
The amount petty rubbish that comes out of some people here is astonishing.

If you watch sports highlights and one team beats another, do we consider it disrespectful to the losing team to celebrate victory? I think not, your assumptions are as silly as asking for blind respect for foolish actions.

Commander Ibludgeon
Guild Leader of PRO
Fort Aspenwood

in WvW

Ohoni.6057

r repairs. I have seen TC and IOJ do this immediately after fending off attacks, and their walls and doors quickly repaired to 100%. If you politely ask ‘can someone repair the walls?’, no one will respond. Neither will anyone stay to repair when they know you are off capping profitable structures.

Maybe they need to provide better rewards for certain behaviors. Like if you get X karma for capturing a tower, then maybe you get some smaller amount of karma for repairing a wall, or building a siege piece. Someone mentioned scouting above, and I enjoy scouting, I’m well specced for it, but there’s absolutely no personal reward for scouting, you don’t get capture credit, or defense credit, you don’t get an event towards the daily goals, or anything. It’d be interesting if there were like a mini-event you could activate and then the goal would be to run to within a certain distance of maybe five enemy controlled towers/keeps, at which point you would get an event completion with the standard rewards (maybe you could only get this once or twice an hour though, to prevent farming). If you’re going to ask random, casual players to do a task, you need to give them a better reason than “for the good of his server full of random strangers who you don’t know or much care about.”

I saw a Commander do this once on CD, after taking a keep, but the problem was we got back and we didn’t have anything to spend it on. I’d burned all my siege before that, everything was in good repair, and nobody had dropped any siege to build up.

I really wish it were possible to dump handheld supplies into the structure’s reserves, rather than only being able to take from them or wait for Dolyaks to arrive. If a zerg could run out and each grab 10 supply and come back, that’d be 100-200 supply right away. I wouldn’t mind if they even increased upgrade prices or something if they offered that sort of flexibility.

Also, 10 supply into repairing a wall is really weak stuff. It seems like you’re trying to bucket brigade a flood away, there just doesn’t seem to be any noticeable impact, and then you have to run a couple minutes round trip to get 10 more. It would be better if you could more reliably regain supply for wall repairs, again, if one group could constantly make supply runs and refill the base coffers, while another group just banged away at the walls and only had to run as far as the keep’s depot (without feeling that they were depleting a very precious supply), that would be much more flexible.

Maybe they should even separate into two different supplies, one for offensive structures that everyone carts around for taking opposing structures or building defensive weapons, and one for masonry, the latter being easier to get ahold of and therefore easier to spend.

done by now.”

in WvW

Posted by: KrazyFlyinChicken.5936

KrazyFlyinChicken.5936

CD a little angry over last week’s defeat

From third to first in a week.
I love this tier.

Fort Aspenwood – Elementalist
Character name: Azilyi

in WvW

Docherty.8372

yo CD person please have some respect as FA has been defending itself all the time.We have been zerged by both servers at the same time. And we were able to hold up quit ewell, so i’d appreciate a little respect in the forums. we might not have the numbers but we still fight hard , fair and good!

No respect for FA.. not sorry to say – go look at EBG right now, y’all been bushwhacking us all week – I haven’t seen you so much as hit a IOJ supply camp. Fueled by hate – welcome to competitive PvP.

Obviously I just speak for myself.

in WvW

selan.8354

yo CD person please have some respect as FA has been defending itself all the time.We have been zerged by both servers at the same time. And we were able to hold up quit ewell, so i’d appreciate a little respect in the forums. we might not have the numbers but we still fight hard , fair and good!

No respect for FA.. not sorry to say – go look at EBG right now, y’all been bushwhacking us all week – I haven’t seen you so much as hit a IOJ supply camp. Fueled by hate – welcome to competitive PvP.

Obviously I just speak for myself.

u are aware of the fact that FA is outmanned in eb most of the time and that we even get outnumbered in our own bl, so u are basicly saying that we don’t deserve respect because we lose in eb?oi….oh well im done talking to u im sure u must be proud of your redt guild and its awesome jumping tricks too. bye

[AVTR]
Isle of Kickaspenwood