2/22 -JQ/SoR/SoS

2/22 -JQ/SoR/SoS

in WvW

Posted by: Azure Prower.8701

Azure Prower.8701

If only all JQ were as laughably easy to kill as this [Aco] guild :P

Also, big thanks to the JQ server this week for all the free siege I’ve stolen from them!

Sincerely, the SoR mesmer you always meet at the top of the puzzle!

Oh God. The Acolytes were laughing so hard in mumble when you did this. Seriously, who does this though…spending their whole day with invisibility buff on top of the jumping puzzle to pull unsuspecting invaders from the top of the puzzle?

Apparently does it a lot. Then when I find them in the puzzle 1v1 with out the high ground advantage. They drop like a rock.

2/22 -JQ/SoR/SoS

in WvW

Posted by: SoPP.7034

SoPP.7034

I do not think those that want a competitive bracket will ever get a competitive bracket if it is score they are focusing on.

A flaw of WvW, amongst many. By mid-week it’s usually clear who will win so the fair weather players stop playing hence the discrepancies.

A warrior, a guardian, and an elementalist walk into an open field…
The Warrior turns to the guardian and says, “Did you hear something?”
Guardian replies, “No, but how’d the elementalist die?”

2/22 -JQ/SoR/SoS

in WvW

Posted by: drwookie.6391

drwookie.6391

You happen to have chosen JQ, which hasn’t really had much inner turmoil or conflict, and the leadership of major guilds aren’t kittens. So it makes sense for you or me to want to stick around JQ, it’s a pretty cool server. Other people haven’t had that luxury.

Not taking any sides in this conversation, but I figured I should mention that JQ weathered a LOT of inner turmoil and conflict, and not everyone stuck around. The TW/FATE/IRNY guys left for SoR during the worst of the kittenstorm, and nobody blamed them. We’ve had a couple major guild leaders who ended up being major liabilities (who both ended up being banned from both the JQ community site and the community TS).

The JQ core who’ve been around from the beginning have stuck through as much drama crap as any other server. The only “trial” JQ hasn’t faced yet is a downward plunge in the tiers – and that is in large part due to those of us who put in massive hours to hang on to tier one during SoS’s period of dominance.

All that said I do agree JQ is a pretty cool server. :-)

Ya maybe I just don’t notice any drama because I avoid all of it. I’m not even a member of the community site (though I use the TS daily).

In any case, unless they can say otherwise it seems like the guilds leaving SoS are not leaving due to any “drama”, but merely because they are looking for a place where they can win. This kind of transfer has happened many times so far (including when many people transferred to JQ) and it will only continue to happen because so many people prioritize winning over everything else. Ya they can argue it’s for “more balanced fights”, but for the vast majority of people a “more balanced fight” is code for “a fight where we are on top”.

2/22 -JQ/SoR/SoS

in WvW

Posted by: Laii.2780

Laii.2780

You happen to have chosen JQ, which hasn’t really had much inner turmoil or conflict, and the leadership of major guilds aren’t kittens. So it makes sense for you or me to want to stick around JQ, it’s a pretty cool server. Other people haven’t had that luxury.

Not taking any sides in this conversation, but I figured I should mention that JQ weathered a LOT of inner turmoil and conflict, and not everyone stuck around. The TW/FATE/IRNY guys left for SoR during the worst of the kittenstorm, and nobody blamed them. We’ve had a couple major guild leaders who ended up being major liabilities (who both ended up being banned from both the JQ community site and the community TS).

The JQ core who’ve been around from the beginning have stuck through as much drama crap as any other server. The only “trial” JQ hasn’t faced yet is a downward plunge in the tiers – and that is in large part due to those of us who put in massive hours to hang on to tier one during SoS’s period of dominance.

All that said I do agree JQ is a pretty cool server. :-)

Ya maybe I just don’t notice any drama because I avoid all of it. I’m not even a member of the community site (though I use the TS daily).

In any case, unless they can say otherwise it seems like the guilds leaving SoS are not leaving due to any “drama”, but merely because they are looking for a place where they can win. This kind of transfer has happened many times so far (including when many people transferred to JQ) and it will only continue to happen because so many people prioritize winning over everything else. Ya they can argue it’s for “more balanced fights”, but for the vast majority of people a “more balanced fight” is code for “a fight where we are on top”.

They should transfer to JQ, bahaha~

[CERN] ~ WAR/Necro^ O ^)/!

2/22 -JQ/SoR/SoS

in WvW

Posted by: Jedbacca.6297

Jedbacca.6297

Guilds on SoS can’t even stand to lose as many weeks as they won.

Say what you will about JQ, but at least the core guilds don’t hop around searching for greener grass. At least not that I recall. JQ didn’t crumble just because we placed second or third several weeks in a row.

Sorry, I’m usually nice and don’t like to stir up trouble, but this server hopping thing is just silly (especially now that an entire guild has to pay for it). Stick to your server and do your best…don’t go jumping around and then be proud of your “victory”.

And before anyone says anything….I am directing this towards the guilds that joined JQ as well. I personally didn’t ask for them (nor did I want them). While I will continue to fight alongside them they will always hold less respect in my eyes, compared to those of us that picked one server and stuck through from the beginning. Nothing will ever change that.

I’d like to ask you to put one thing in to perspective. JQ was a dying server at one point in time. The time some of us chose to join JQ was a quote, unquote “time of need.” The coverage gaps were there, some of us guilds that you speak of that are newer transfers came from the same type of situation and didn’t want to see those we have spent so much time with in game suffer like we were elsewhere. The big thing is not having anyone to play with. That’s some serious kitten right there. How would you feel being a lone team out there struggling against mass numbers getting your kitten handed to you by zerg after zerg? Does that sound like fun? Well…for our team it kinda was..for a period of time, but it gets old and stale being whipped like an animal with having multiple guilds on you, because you would be one of the last few teams out there for your server. Think about those teams that did transfer and where their home was before the came over before you make a generalization of a lot of us.

The majority of the teams you have with you now came from a similar dying situation and did not want to go through that anymore. It revived the game for a lot of gamers and made things a lot less tense. It’s a good feeling. Hell, on a personal note, I can finally do PvE content and get called names in PM’s for it now

Just somethin’ to think about man, a lot of us have been in that dire straights situation, to where your funometer is running low due to lack of people to game with. It’s a different gaming experience on a populated server that is WvW focused than one that is not.

Minister Jed/Jedsus Saves GM of Strike Force[SF]
www.strikeforceguild.com – JQ SINCE 1836!
Guild of United Soviet Quarry www.jadequarry.com

2/22 -JQ/SoR/SoS

in WvW

Posted by: Tyaen.5148

Tyaen.5148

In any case, unless they can say otherwise it seems like the guilds leaving SoS are not leaving due to any “drama”, but merely because they are looking for a place where they can win.

Win what? Are there cookies or something else I’m not aware of?

I’m on a second place server, and I “win” every day.

Tyyaen – Engineer (80) [SS]
http://camelotunchained.com/v3/

2/22 -JQ/SoR/SoS

in WvW

Posted by: Reslinal.2359

Reslinal.2359

In any case, unless they can say otherwise it seems like the guilds leaving SoS are not leaving due to any “drama”, but merely because they are looking for a place where they can win.

It does seems that at least a bit of drama was involved in their reasons for leaving. If you haven’t, check this, interesting read. http://gw2.junkiesnation.com/2013/02/23/guildcenter-exclusive-tsym-creates-uproar-votf-threatens-to-depart-sea-of-sorrows/

Blackgate Engineer

2/22 -JQ/SoR/SoS

in WvW

Posted by: Wotah.2975

Wotah.2975

Say what you will about JQ, but at least the core guilds don’t hop around searching for greener grass. At least not that I recall. JQ didn’t crumble just because we placed second or third several weeks in a row.

Sorry, I’m usually nice and don’t like to stir up trouble, but this server hopping thing is just silly (especially now that an entire guild has to pay for it). Stick to your server and do your best…don’t go jumping around and then be proud of your “victory”.

And before anyone says anything….I am directing this towards the guilds that joined JQ as well. I personally didn’t ask for them (nor did I want them). While I will continue to fight alongside them they will always hold less respect in my eyes, compared to those of us that picked one server and stuck through from the beginning. Nothing will ever change that.

I’d like to ask you to put one thing in to perspective. JQ was a dying server at one point in time. The time some of us chose to join JQ was a quote, unquote “time of need.” The coverage gaps were there, some of us guilds that you speak of that are newer transfers came from the same type of situation and didn’t want to see those we have spent so much time with in game suffer like we were elsewhere. The big thing is not having anyone to play with. That’s some serious kitten right there. How would you feel being a lone team out there struggling against mass numbers getting your kitten handed to you by zerg after zerg? Does that sound like fun? Well…for our team it kinda was..for a period of time, but it gets old and stale being whipped like an animal with having multiple guilds on you, because you would be one of the last few teams out there for your server. Think about those teams that did transfer and where their home was before the came over before you make a generalization of a lot of us.

The majority of the teams you have with you now came from a similar dying situation and did not want to go through that anymore. It revived the game for a lot of gamers and made things a lot less tense. It’s a good feeling. Hell, on a personal note, I can finally do PvE content and get called names in PM’s for it now

Just somethin’ to think about man, a lot of us have been in that dire straights situation, to where your funometer is running low due to lack of people to game with. It’s a different gaming experience on a populated server that is WvW focused than one that is not.

I wouldn’t get at all upset about it. The guy openly refuses to be a part of the community that he has played with since the beginning. He has only his frame of reference and not that of the community as a whole.

He’s one of few people that believe the way he does.

Wotah, Brutaler [SICK]/[SG]
Plague/Shadow Gypsies
Jade Quarry

2/22 -JQ/SoR/SoS

in WvW

Jedbacca.6297

It sometimes is easier for others to digest if they can see the mechanics of your thought process, even if it has been publicly out there for quite some time.

2/22 -JQ/SoR/SoS

in WvW

Posted by: ISteveI.9732

ISteveI.9732

JQ since GW1? lol

Sea of Sorrows
Q Xoxo – Elementalist | Styls – Warrior | Stylic – Theif | Stylc – Mesmer

2/22 -JQ/SoR/SoS

in WvW

Posted by: Gondram.8365

Gondram.8365

a lot of us have been in that dire straights situation, to where your funometer is running low due to lack of people to game with. It’s a different gaming experience on a populated server that is WvW focused than one that is not.

When I chose JQ as my home server during the beta weekends I did so because there was already a thriving community (comprised of many ex-DAoCers) of mature people. I have not yet been disappointed in my choice. The JQ core is a group of talented and mature people who play day in and day out because they enjoy WvW, win or lose.

Over the last six months many people have transferred in for various reasons. Some of these transfers plugged in to the existing community and have found a home. They fit in quite nicely. SF is one of these – I don’t think you guys will have to worry about being the last bastion of WvW oriented players ever, even if JQ loses the fairweather momentum and begins a plunge in the ratings.

Gondram – D/D Aurashare Elementalist
Kinsman Redeemer – Hammer/Shout Warrior
Proud Member of Opposition – Jade Quarry Oldtimer

2/22 -JQ/SoR/SoS

in WvW

Posted by: Zenyatoo.4059

Zenyatoo.4059

JQ since GW1? lol

It’s a bit of a running joke. But there was actually a jade quarry in the first game, so it does technically make sense.

2/22 -JQ/SoR/SoS

in WvW

Posted by: hex.3218

hex.3218

The one and only time I ever considered leaving JQ was when a certain fella started this elitist second ‘inner circle’ society call The Emerald Council.

The idea what that only a few people were smart enough to run an ENTIRE server, because, you know, it’s SOOOOO complicated! And it was going to be invite only and folks who voiced dissent were removed, etc etc.. weird stuff.

Like, droping a Tier, or even landing way down the ladder… as long as the same folks I run with stayed, I’d stay.

So, seeing Agg and FoE leave, it’s not a shock that Merc would move.

And VoTF moves every month or so, not shocking.

So, now Tysm will have what it wants. A server to build in its own image.

Calm Little Buddy
JQQ

2/22 -JQ/SoR/SoS

in WvW

Posted by: Solori.6025

Solori.6025

^This.

It goes for a lot of guilds that moved where ever.
Me and my guild choose SoR because of its community, not because of its potential.
We joined because they had a strong sense of duty, even when they are losing and have to come back to -200 ppt they still put out fights.
I havent been on a server that has such tenacity and perserverence as SoR.
Its fun here, the people are great, and they have cookie’s ( really they have a person here named cookie)
Im proud to call it home now.
Call us transfers what you will.
We are here to stay
Learn to deal

The world needs more KUNG FURY!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bS5P_LAqiVg

(edited by Solori.6025)

2/22 -JQ/SoR/SoS

in WvW

Posted by: oldephartte.4369

oldephartte.4369

With all their rationalizations and justifications in favour of the sorry state of WVW Tier 1, JQ reminds me of nothing so much as one of those people who claim that when they break wind there is no offensive odour.

Just another run-of-the-mill gamer.

Running on SoR from day 1 minute 1

2/22 -JQ/SoR/SoS

in WvW

drwookie.6391

I wouldn’t get at all upset about it. The guy openly refuses to be a part of the community that he has played with since the beginning. He has only his frame of reference and not that of the community as a whole.

It’s not so much “refuse” as I never had an interest. The first time I heard mention of the JQ community site way back in September there were only negative connotations. It was always a “did you see that thread on the forum about so and so?” or “Oh man people are totally angry about that yada yada”. I had no interest. Perhaps it has changed since then, but I just chose to stay away.

I am talkative in the TS with my guild, and with others, when the need arises.

But you’re right, I only have my “frame of reference”. I’m not trying to speak for my entire server, it’s just my opinion. I can understand that it can be rough on a server with zero population in WvW to try to be active. I can understand some very early transfers from servers after it becomes clear that certain servers just don’t have a significant presence. However, to flip back and forth from servers that are all active in WvW, just to varying degrees of “coverage”, is in my opinion a bad idea. I would never do it, and if my guild wanted to do it ([FIRE], and I am fairly confident they never will) I would not involve myself.

You could even make the argument that until free transfers ended it was “fair game”…I could be somewhat convinced of that. Now though, with paid server transfers, to transfer an entire guild is just silly in my opinion, and doesn’t paint a very positive picture of the guild.

2/22 -JQ/SoR/SoS

in WvW

SoPP.7034

With all their rationalizations and justifications in favour of the sorry state of WVW Tier 1, JQ reminds me of nothing so much as one of those people who claim that when they break wind there is no offensive odour.

Phartte you’re on the wrong server then….

2/22 -JQ/SoR/SoS

in WvW

Jedbacca.6297

I don’t think any of us can judge the teams that are transferring. From what I’ve heard in PM’s from the people on other servers, there was quite some negativity being stirred around between teams. In all guild health concerns you would have to look at what can be toxic for their inner community. I know I have had to deal with “poisons” even within my own team. If it means removing yourself from the situation, then that is their call. We aren’t in their shoes, they are doing what they think is best for them. There are breaking points, and maybe those points have been met? There’s a whole questionnaire that you can run through for a teams justification, but what value would that really add to the rest of us?

Now with the transfers over to BG, those teams actually may very well make things a lot tighter. Essentially what a lot of the “hardcore” WvW guilds are doing are trying to segregate those who think they are all hardcore PvP type players, you and I are in this category, to be able to pit fights against each other.

2/22 -JQ/SoR/SoS

in WvW

oldephartte.4369

Phartte you’re on the wrong server then….

Nope. Sadly, I can’t make that claim. Literally or figuratively.

2/22 -JQ/SoR/SoS

in WvW

Posted by: The Mexican Cookie.3690

The Mexican Cookie.3690

If only all JQ were as laughably easy to kill as this [Aco] guild :P

Also, big thanks to the JQ server this week for all the free siege I’ve stolen from them!

Sincerely, the SoR mesmer you always meet at the top of the puzzle!

Oh God. The Acolytes were laughing so hard in mumble when you did this. Seriously, who does this though…spending their whole day with invisibility buff on top of the jumping puzzle to pull unsuspecting invaders from the top of the puzzle?

It’s actually reasonably enjoyable :P Though I was sad when I saw he killed the [Aco] thief, whoever that was. Him and I were sitting down together less than 5 minutes before that. Rest of us went to help out, do some havok; Power was being stubborn and wouldn’t leave. As to Azure Power, I feel like he probably has the wrong people.

#LoveArrows2013, never forget.

2/22 -JQ/SoR/SoS

in WvW

Posted by: VOLKON.1290

VOLKON.1290

I, for one, welcome our Jedbaccian overlords.

#TeamJadeQuarry

2/22 -JQ/SoR/SoS

in WvW

Posted by: Oresh.4729

Oresh.4729

Hope SOS drop to T2 asap to rebuild ourselves. Majority of the guild are still staying in SOS.

As for SOR, good luck guys!

To the guilds that are staying with SoS – I wish you all the luck possible, and hope to face you again. SoS has been with us (JQ) for a longggg time. You’re like a brother from another mother….if half-brothers killed each other.

this!

Attachments:

2/22 -JQ/SoR/SoS

in WvW

Posted by: Power.2957

Power.2957

I’m glad you were able to laugh it off and find comfort in something whilst having just lost a 5v1, siege, and failed attempt to have allies res you. I laughed as well So I suppose it was a win-win situation!

Apparently does it a lot. Then when I find them in the puzzle 1v1 with out the high ground advantage. They drop like a rock.

Hmmm, thats peculiar! I quite vividly remember 1v1ing some silly ranger near the 3rd invis, who lost and pmed me crying, but I couldn’t respond because I was on ignore. Pretty sure the account name was “Azure Prower.” Nice try tho!

“Power is like the illuminati of Guild Wars.” -Loshon

2/22 -JQ/SoR/SoS

in WvW

Posted by: SFShinigami.2015

SFShinigami.2015

I, for one, welcome our Jedbaccian overlords.

All power to the [SF]Jedbaccians! Commence with the probing!

Jigglenaut/Numa Rar/Jakuho Raikoben/Tenel Ka Djo/Kurotsuchi Taichou [SF]/[LOVE]
All Hail CuddleStrike! Undisputed Empress of Tier 1!
Controlled by CuddleStrike!

2/22 -JQ/SoR/SoS

in WvW

Posted by: rchu.8945

rchu.8945

It’s not so much “refuse” as I never had an interest. The first time I heard mention of the JQ community site way back in September there were only negative connotations. It was always a “did you see that thread on the forum about so and so?” or “Oh man people are totally angry about that yada yada”. I had no interest. Perhaps it has changed since then, but I just chose to stay away.

I am talkative in the TS with my guild, and with others, when the need arises.

But you’re right, I only have my “frame of reference”. I’m not trying to speak for my entire server, it’s just my opinion. I can understand that it can be rough on a server with zero population in WvW to try to be active. I can understand some very early transfers from servers after it becomes clear that certain servers just don’t have a significant presence. However, to flip back and forth from servers that are all active in WvW, just to varying degrees of “coverage”, is in my opinion a bad idea. I would never do it, and if my guild wanted to do it ([FIRE], and I am fairly confident they never will) I would not involve myself.

You could even make the argument that until free transfers ended it was “fair game”…I could be somewhat convinced of that. Now though, with paid server transfers, to transfer an entire guild is just silly in my opinion, and doesn’t paint a very positive picture of the guild.

I gotta give you credit for having the cojones to speak your mind. While I think there might be more players that feel the same way as you on JQ, but they wouldnt speak up about it, but would rather pretend to like the bandwagoners going to JQ, as long as they keep winning by a wide margin in T1.

Sanctum of Rall
Pain Train Choo [Choo]
Mind Smack – Mesmer

2/22 -JQ/SoR/SoS

in WvW

Posted by: Thor.1756

Thor.1756

I gotta give you credit for having the cojones to speak your mind. While I think there might be more players that feel the same way as you on JQ, but they wouldnt speak up about it, but would rather pretend to like the bandwagoners going to JQ, as long as they keep winning by a wide margin in T1.

Why of course there’s tons of players on JQ who don’t like all these new gui-ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNOJED

Jade Quarry

2/22 -JQ/SoR/SoS

in WvW

Posted by: Wotah.2975

Wotah.2975

Why of course there’s tons of players on JQ who don’t like all these new gui-ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNOJED

PVE’ers, weekend warriors, oxygen thieves? :P

Wotah, Brutaler [SICK]/[SG]
Plague/Shadow Gypsies
Jade Quarry

2/22 -JQ/SoR/SoS

in WvW

Posted by: greenslab.9425

greenslab.9425

I’m glad you were able to laugh it off and find comfort in something whilst having just lost a 5v1, siege, and failed attempt to have allies res you. I laughed as well So I suppose it was a win-win situation!

Hmmm, thats peculiar! I quite vividly remember 1v1ing some silly ranger near the 3rd invis, who lost and pmed me crying, but I couldn’t respond because I was on ignore. Pretty sure the account name was “Azure Prower.” Nice try tho!

Well played, cliffs of the Jumping Puzzle, well played. I humbly kneel to your dominance as a superior-skilled inanimate object.

I guess that SoR Mesmer did something too…he was a meanie though, spamming emotes and taunting our bodies =[

Nausarus of [ONE]
fightasone.enjin.com

2/22 -JQ/SoR/SoS

in WvW

Posted by: Kreen.3925

Kreen.3925

Stop with the server transfer blamegame. Folks are entitled to play on any server they choose, its a game and folks want to have fun playing it and given its a MMO that typically comes playing with friends and like minded people. If guilds and people want to switch then its their right. Everyone has different motivations and thats fine.

To a certain extent, those of us who chose JQ back in BWE1 were somewhat lucky. Some folks should remember that. Sure, many of us were older gamers from DAOC, Shadowbane and Darkfall and folks put alot of effort building up the community even before the game went live with a community website and various loose collections of like minded guilds who knew each other from previous games and attracting folks from those previous games. Its probably this older core that has helped the server stay the course to some extent, or maybe I am just being silly on that point I don’t know. The server was also one of the most populus when the game went live so I am sure that was a factor in its longevity.

Those of us who play WvWvW were lucky in choosing JQ given where we are right now in this point in time. Please remember that if you are a JQ poster thinking about gloating or whenever you plan to troll. I know, pot kettle black from me. I would do well sometimes to remember that myself.

Nothing lasts forever though, games come and go so lets see where things take us and ultimately lets all have fun if we can on whatever server we are on

Good luck to all

I fight for JQ.
Kreen – Warrior L80, Mono Lith – Guardian L80
Higgsbosun – Thief L80, Silvron – Ranger L80.

(edited by Kreen.3925)

2/22 -JQ/SoR/SoS

in WvW

Posted by: hex.3218

hex.3218

Someone here has an obsession with passing gas….

Calm Little Buddy
JQQ

2/22 -JQ/SoR/SoS

in WvW

oldephartte.4369

Someone here has an obsession with passing gas….

Either that or I have lived long enough to start collecting my pensions and deserve the name in more ways than one.

(Grammar edit.)

2/22 -JQ/SoR/SoS

in WvW

Posted by: Nuked.2360

Nuked.2360

I don’t think any of us can judge the teams that are transferring. From what I’ve heard in PM’s from the people on other servers, there was quite some negativity being stirred around between teams. In all guild health concerns you would have to look at what can be toxic for their inner community. I know I have had to deal with “poisons” even within my own team. If it means removing yourself from the situation, then that is their call. We aren’t in their shoes, they are doing what they think is best for them. There are breaking points, and maybe those points have been met? There’s a whole questionnaire that you can run through for a teams justification, but what value would that really add to the rest of us?

Now with the transfers over to BG, those teams actually may very well make things a lot tighter. Essentially what a lot of the “hardcore” WvW guilds are doing are trying to segregate those who think they are all hardcore PvP type players, you and I are in this category, to be able to pit fights against each other.

This is true on so many levels. Being one of the people who helped approach SF I can say we were pretty much feeling the same thing on different server’s except we also had FOO whose like a god send and was one of the factors to why we could hold tier 1 given the dire straights we truly were in. Every guild that transfers/moves has their own reason you can’t really judge them. And regardless of what a guild say’s the option has at least been brought up by someone maybe not leadership but someone in the guild as a whole who in essence is as much a part of the guild as anyone else because of the mechanics of the game.

I never judged a single guild pre-free transfers ending or after. I just kept track of who went where because who doesn’t keep track to make sure that the server’s that your competing with aren’t getting vastly stronger through transfers or that a server in the lower ranks suddenly just starts rocketing up the ranks (you sort of want to know whats going on :P )

Destructive Nuked|ascending-redemption.enjin.com|AR Driver/Leader

(edited by Nuked.2360)

2/22 -JQ/SoR/SoS

in WvW

Posted by: Thobek.1730

Thobek.1730

good post! and also quite amazing coming from a JQ player talking about server hopping and not being proud of your victory when you win.

2/22 -JQ/SoR/SoS

in WvW

Posted by: spartanx.1364

spartanx.1364

I think Anet should give everyone 1 more free transfer so we could have a draft style picking of guilds.

But seriously though its easy to speculate what might happen in the future, we will continue to fight it out see how things go. Hope for the best and prepare for what ever challenges we may face in the future.

Tytos The Ascended – Tytos Hill – Dee Oh Tee
Paintrainchoo.com – Conductor – TC

2/22 -JQ/SoR/SoS

in WvW

SoPP.7034

Any of the guilds transferring to BG formerly HoD?

2/22 -JQ/SoR/SoS

in WvW

Posted by: SmokeyNYY.7841

SmokeyNYY.7841

The guilds at SoR will not leave. We have endured months of losing to BG and SoR is one of the most stable servers in the game. I would suggest some guilds to move to SoR to make this matchup even better in the long run.

2/22 -JQ/SoR/SoS

in WvW

Posted by: elkirin.8534

elkirin.8534

I have consistently defended gamers who have transferred to JQ/XX as just people looking to enjoy the game. I wish those transferring off SoS all the best and thank them for all the fun they brought to the game while here.

On with the show;

Last night ( early oceanic ) EB was terrific fun, JQ pushed SoS keep and went within a whisker of taking it. Meanwhile SOR Knocked over JQ keep ( saving us )and the map colours changed massively over the next few hours!

Great work all, keep up the action! See you on the battlefields tonight!

Dubain – Sea of Whoever we are Linked to now

(edited by elkirin.8534)

2/22 -JQ/SoR/SoS

in WvW

Posted by: uberkingkong.8041

uberkingkong.8041

I do not think those that want a competitive bracket will ever get a competitive bracket if it is score they are focusing on. Look at the current brackets now.

T1 – JQ up by 40K
T2 – BG up by 25K
T3 – FA up by 45K
T4 – Maguuma up by 30K
T5 – SBI up by 27K
T6 – Closest bracket BP and AR neck in neck
T7 – Darkhaven up by 35K
T8 – SF up by 45K

So I am not sure what people are really looking for. Moving up and down brackets just ensures one week you will most likely stomp your competition when you have moved down or either get stomped by your competition because you cannot compete in the higher tier (look at Yak Bend for that reasoning)

Agreed.

2/22 -JQ/SoR/SoS

in WvW

Posted by: Mindtrick.5190

Mindtrick.5190

EDIT: Edited on my computer to fix some typos from my tablet, and change a couple words. I’ll also add that I used to really look down at HoD’s alliance in the early days for all jumping ship. However, at least they had the balls to jump ship when they were WINNING instead of when they were losing.

After this post it was great to read all the backpedaling responses. I thank you for expressing what a lot of folks are thinking.

Also any guild leaving SOS that’s not NA should have gone to SOR. But you know how cool kids act. This is by far one of the worst community’s of gamers. It’s pretty much call of duty after school special. That pod cast / web site dedicated to drama is also laughable, really prx?

I’m a half naked norn thief come at me

Got Ninja?
https://www.twitch.tv/mindtrick714
<3 and Hugs no Hate I Just Point Out Fail.

2/22 -JQ/SoR/SoS

in WvW

Posted by: Lavath.8924

Lavath.8924

This is by far one of the worst community’s of gamers. It’s pretty much call of duty after school special. That pod cast / web site dedicated to drama is also laughable, really prx?

I’m not really sure how you can call it the worst. Tera recently went f2p and I decided to go back and take a look again. After playing GW2, and participating on the forums, for months, it was like being verbally assaulted just for logging in.

I didn’t miss the warcraft comparisons/debates, explanations of why so many moms are tired, why alienware is the apex of technology, or any of the various other MMO general chat staples that I’ve not seen around here. No one trusts anyone there. Everyone is vindictive/manipulative/and rude. This may be a slight generalization, but compared to what I’ve observed in GW2’s community (even across servers/tiers) it is as close to true as I can get.

Even with politics and " I > U " statements that will be in every game, I tend to find this community much better than that of other MMOs. This, of course, is based on my own opinion and experience but I tend to think I can’t be alone in that thought.

Luna Acacia | Mord Sith | SoR

2/22 -JQ/SoR/SoS

in WvW

drwookie.6391

good post! and also quite amazing coming from a JQ player talking about server hopping and not being proud of your victory when you win.

Of course it’s not my choice, but if it was I’d go back to when we were losing against SoS. No queues, always someone to fight. Though honestly maybe I’m just lucky but during the times I typically play, there always is something to take. I’m rarely on when we have +500 tick.

2/22 -JQ/SoR/SoS

in WvW

Mindtrick.5190

One of the worst

And thank god for beta tests or I’d just give up on mmo’s

If anybody plays crysis 3 check out my server west coast frag fest.

Got Ninja?

2/22 -JQ/SoR/SoS

in WvW

Posted by: problematic.9623

problematic.9623

Server affiliation is irrelevant. Guild/Clan is the building block. Welcome to community gaming 2013. Some of you old timers need to wake the kitten up (I’m 31). No amount of kittening is going to stop the swaps. You are a “slow adopter of change” if you prefer stagnate server [communities] “shards,” over the opportunity for dynamic international communities. I suggest that you don’t want to be in the “late adopters” percentile of the gaming bell curve. Server “shard” design and personal connection to them is “old hat.” I’ve had it both ways, but recognize the potential of the “messy” advantages we share in the design of GW2.

I’ve been on the receiving end of [hurt by] server community collapse several times. My community just imploded. But the freedom to choose…to remake/rebuild a community is more important. A decade ago a gamer’s only option available was to remake/reroll the avatar on a new server and start completely over. kitten that nonsense. Been there, done that.

Anyone remember which MMO was the first to offer free server transfers? (Forced server transfers DO NOT COUNT). Shadowbane? World of Warcraft? DAoC? Because I don’t remember.

I suggest part of the solution is re-teaching the old timers. And making it a community responsibility to ensure transfers go smoother…with less emotional attachment to “server pride” for the benefit of all. More adaptation, less traditional gaming.

Those who refuse to adapt will be left behind….with Grandpa…talking about the “old days,” at the “Arcade.”

Phun – Guardian
I renounce my hibernation and return.
Sea of Sorrows survivor – Currently on Blackgate

2/22 -JQ/SoR/SoS

in WvW

Posted by: Orikx.9671

Orikx.9671

Also any guild leaving SOS that’s not NA should have gone to SOR. But you know how cool kids act. This is by far one of the worst community’s of gamers. It’s pretty much call of duty after school special. That pod cast / web site dedicated to drama is also laughable, really prx?

I’m a half naked norn thief come at me

Though I would like to see our coverage gaps closed more then they are I don’t agree with this statement. I can see why some guilds would choose BG instead of SoR. Though we both have an huge Oceanic gap BG seems to have better EU coverage then we do. So SoS Oceanic’s going to BG has the potential to make a server that would be more competitive for JQ.
We haven’t BG in a while so it’s hard to say but I think with their recent additions they might be able to give JQ a good challenge.
I think even if SoR got all of SoS non-NA coverage we still would have a big enough gap we wouldn’t be able to beat JQ. There were just to many times they were able to tick 695 these last few weeks. After mergers 0+0 still equals 0, granted SoS was going through some turmoil so that played a part.

Secondly is they would have gone to SoR there would have been an equal number of people bashing them for going to another server in T1 so it’s a lose/lose for them.

It will be interesting to see what happens with BG in T1 though. I suspect the 1st week or 2 they will be gunning for SoR so I anticipate JQ will still run away with the match.

Orikx
Sanctum of Rall

2/22 -JQ/SoR/SoS

in WvW

Posted by: awesomesauce.5980

awesomesauce.5980

There is no competing for second in WvW. It is true that there is no chance for SoS or SoR to take first in tier one (the coverage and numbers are that imbalanced atm) but that doesn’t mean it’s a fight for second. Even with no chance to take first, it’s still a three server match. If JQ decides to take a day off (or decides to kill centaurs and skritt instead of holding their part of the map) the server that is strongest at that time will get free points. If JQ decides to push SoS on their borderlands while SoR pillages the JQ bl and SoS on EB (while JQ does nothing on EB) SoR will get free points. It’s a three player match, even with two other servers. No server fights in a vacuum.

EDIT: Edited on my computer to fix some typos from my tablet, and change a couple words. I’ll also add that I used to really look down at HoD’s alliance in the early days for all jumping ship. However, at least they had the balls to jump ship when they were WINNING instead of when they were losing.

This means very little coming from the most prvilaged server in the game. The fortune JQ has been afforded is greater than any other server. They were never faced with the situation SBI was faced with. SBI didn’t just lose the week, they lost a core part of their coverage. When SBI shattered, it wasn’t because JQ were better winners and SBI were worse losers, it was because SBI knew they were going to plummet through the tiers for as long as they kept bleeding guilds. Losing in tier 1 isn’t the same as dropping through every tier. SBI floated around tier one for weeks with an unrealistic rating and day after day of a match up where one server was mismatched with much stronger servers makes WvW very unfun. It’s what WvW looks like for a lot of the players on SoR and SoS right now, JQ with their current numbers and coverage belong in tier 0, not tier 1. No server comes close, when SoS and SoR defend or take towers, they do it with 15 people, when JQ does it, they do it with 30 people, with 15 hitting the nearby supply camp and 7 skirmishing reinforcements. The numbers are so dramatically in JQs favour atm, it’s killing morale on opposing servers. Talk until your face turns blue, SoS when they won was never that dominant with numbers and the coverage SoS provided was done so by people who played stupid hours a day, not because they had so many people wanting to WvW, even casually they could field a massive presence.

2/22 -JQ/SoR/SoS

in WvW

Posted by: awesomesauce.5980

awesomesauce.5980

You say all that while be ungrateful to one of the best things that happened to your server. You got stacked to high heavens. JQ was already strong enough to beat SoS, so as much as you claim SoS did what JQ did, the power level was incredibly close when SoS was winning. The transfers altered this dramatically. Had the transfer you hold so much contempt for gone to SoS or even SoR, JQ would more than likely drop from tier one. How long in tier 2 do you think JQ would last before some guilds missed the “glory” of tier one (something JQ is not very familiar with)? When a server falls apart, it’s not because everyone is sick of losing, it’s because a few key players are sick of losing and those left behind are in for a very rough time without the coverage and numbers.

If JQ was faced with the same situation that SBI was faced with, with what SoS is faced with, they would suffer a similair fate. The only difference between your server and anyone else’s is that you have been fortunate and privileged to not be faced with losing key components of your WvW team. The HoD people did what everyone else does, leaving before you drop imo is more despicable than leaving while you are first. You can’t even consider that dropping in the tiers is worth playing? You can’t give the decency to the people who stayed (this applies to SoS people leaving as well) to continue to play and keep WvW alive? People jumped ship early because they have an illusion that tier one is somehow better than other tiers. Ironically they jump ship because they also know that’s not true, no matter how good the HoD players were, no matter how good the SoS players were, without numbers and coverage (the true factor for winning WvW) you can’t be tier one. So why the illusion that tier one is somehow better than tier 2 or 3 or 4?

Consider that HoD was the strongest server in the game. I believe SoS was the strongest server in the game for the longest period of time. Both of these servers were set to drop out of tier 1. The guilds that make up these servers, are they suddenly worse players if they aren’t in tier one? Of course not. Had they never jumped ship, these servers would probably be in tiers two and three (maybe even one, just not first) fighting good fights between each other.

Jade Quarry are the lucky ones, not the loyal ones.

EDIT: SoS guilds are going to BG because they are following MERC. MERC poached some from SoS after they announced they were leaving and the bandwagon is following them. I don’t know why Agg and FoE went to BG over SoR but I believe that’s probably why MERC went to BG. Most of SoS was happy to stay on SoS but once MERC got the ball rolling, the situation of staying became very bleak for those left behind. For people who had enjoyed playing with SoS guilds but were now being abandoned, the most attractive option was to stay together on the new server. I don’t think most cared about creating a server that could beat JQ, but for those that did, BG became the obvious choice. I believe SoR is stronger than BG pre-transfers, but with so many SoS guilds merging into BG, SoR will become the third wheel. That is assuming the new BG is strong enough to take on JQ, otherwise JQ will continue to be the third wheel.

(edited by awesomesauce.5980)

2/22 -JQ/SoR/SoS

in WvW

Mindtrick.5190

Why can’t the wvw patch and wow 5.2 update get along.

Got Ninja?

2/22 -JQ/SoR/SoS

in WvW

Posted by: Pixelninja.6971

Pixelninja.6971

Score-update:

Attachments:

2/22 -JQ/SoR/SoS

in WvW

Posted by: Art.9820

Art.9820

I enjoy all these psychoanalysis of JQ lol, everyone suddenly knows how our server behaves, acts and thinks haha

All classes

(edited by Art.9820)

2/22 -JQ/SoR/SoS

in WvW

Posted by: Resonance.4216

Resonance.4216

I’m honestly disappointed in all of the people transferring from SoS.

As I said in the other thread, we play the game to have fun. WvW was not and has not been fun for a while now. Enjoy your complete lack of NA coverage and PvDooring Tier 3 keeps from breakout events.

Elementalist of Oceanix [OCX]
http://www.oceanix.com.au