2/8 - CD | YB | SBI

2/8 - CD | YB | SBI

in WvW

Posted by: Lorelei.3918

Lorelei.3918

Honestly other then a select few guilds (Oos on Yaks, Kiwi on SBI) everyone has been very respectful and fair playing. There’s always going to be a few rotten apples in the dozen. You just have to know how to take them out

2/8 - CD | YB | SBI

in WvW

Posted by: Boreal.9826

Boreal.9826

Having very little Oceanics/Asian presence does suck but it is out of our control. It’s certainly not a problem unique to YB. Similar to other servers not having enough NA numbers, it is what it is. Just have to play the hand we’re dealt.

So let’s enjoy our big lead from the weekend, play our strengths and let the chips fall where they may. CD and SBI are honorable opponents and it has been enjoyable fighting them.

Looking forward to next week, CD overtaking the lead isn’t necessarily a bad thing. I don’t know about you, but I’d much rather face our old friends Mag/Ebay than FA/DB with their vast Oceanic/Asian armies.

2/8 - CD | YB | SBI

in WvW

Posted by: Islefive.2971

Islefive.2971

I know alot of us Yak’s would love to be able to face the CD prime time to truly see who would come out on top. I am sure it would be an amazing fight.

Either way its been fun playing against CD. Even tho the scoring can get frustrating.

SBI, you guys are bad kitten you hit above your weight and I am always glad to see you on the map.

Jooce McNasty – 80 Asura Warrior
Joocer – 80 Asura Thief (Commander)
Lady Assajh – 80 Asura Elementalist

2/8 - CD | YB | SBI

in WvW

Posted by: MosesZD.7428

MosesZD.7428

Saturday afternoon, took 25 minutes to get 10 people to start break out in EB for SBI. After finally getting the Mendons with about 14 people, we were met with about 50 from Yaks Bend. Looks like its going to be a bad week to WvWvW. They really need to let us drop faster.

Dropping faster will not improve much the situation.

SBI is just not generating the number of player*hours required for coverage. And in this tier it is no longer about the opposition being suffocating. Whenever we have a half decent number of people on a map we are doing fine.

The number of people still doing WvW in SBI is finite. Good, even great people but not that many. We either ask these people to do extra hours (something I’m totally against) or we try to lure more into a WvW environment that has little appeal right now. When WvW rewards will kick in, a lot of casuals will be back and we will be ready. Maybe not for climbing back to T1, but at least to have a gratifying WvW experience. Which we do have now IMO.

And I honestly appreciate the quality of the opponents we faced since T2. TC back then, YB and CD – all great servers with people who do WvW for the right reasons.

Grats to all.

I think most of your point is sound. However, I disagree vis the ‘numbers’ issue.

Yaks isn’t winning because they’re ‘good.’ They’re winning because they can run multiple huge zergs for most of the day. They are, according to the population indicator (which I’ve been lead to believe accurately ranks by logged-in players) the 4th most populous server as I write this message (11:50AM, CST). Crystal Desert is 3rd.

SBI is 19th.

Both are at “Very High.” Later in the day, they will be ‘Full.’ We’ll make it to ‘Very High.’

So, this has been our day since the population migrations:

First comes the huge waves of Yak’s Benders. When the evening rolls around and we finally get some population, we take back. But then the huge CD zergs start showing up late at night. And we go out, 15 against 60 and die. And respawn. And die. And respawn. And die.

Lather. Rinse. Repeat.

2/8 - CD | YB | SBI

in WvW

Posted by: Islefive.2971

Islefive.2971

Saturday afternoon, took 25 minutes to get 10 people to start break out in EB for SBI. After finally getting the Mendons with about 14 people, we were met with about 50 from Yaks Bend. Looks like its going to be a bad week to WvWvW. They really need to let us drop faster.

Dropping faster will not improve much the situation.

SBI is just not generating the number of player*hours required for coverage. And in this tier it is no longer about the opposition being suffocating. Whenever we have a half decent number of people on a map we are doing fine.

The number of people still doing WvW in SBI is finite. Good, even great people but not that many. We either ask these people to do extra hours (something I’m totally against) or we try to lure more into a WvW environment that has little appeal right now. When WvW rewards will kick in, a lot of casuals will be back and we will be ready. Maybe not for climbing back to T1, but at least to have a gratifying WvW experience. Which we do have now IMO.

And I honestly appreciate the quality of the opponents we faced since T2. TC back then, YB and CD – all great servers with people who do WvW for the right reasons.

Grats to all.

I think most of your point is sound. However, I disagree vis the ‘numbers’ issue.

Yaks isn’t winning because they’re ‘good.’ They’re winning because they can run multiple huge zergs for most of the day. They are, according to the population indicator (which I’ve been lead to believe accurately ranks by logged-in players) the 4th most populous server as I write this message (11:50AM, CST). Crystal Desert is 3rd.

SBI is 19th.

Both are at “Very High.” Later in the day, they will be ‘Full.’ We’ll make it to ‘Very High.’

First comes the huge waves of Yak’s Benders. When the evening rolls around and we finally get some population, we take back. But then the huge CD zergs start showing up late at night. And we go out, 15 against 60 and die. And respawn. And die. And respawn. And die.

Lather. Rinse. Repeat.

I wouldn’t off of the general population YB is very PVE heavy for the majority of its player base. Yes we can pull good numbers from time to time. Especially on reset night’s, but as a server it can be hard to pull the general population away from thier 10000 AC run or their Rank 50 Fractal runs.

Jooce McNasty – 80 Asura Warrior
Joocer – 80 Asura Thief (Commander)
Lady Assajh – 80 Asura Elementalist

2/8 - CD | YB | SBI

in WvW

Boreal.9826

There’s very little correlation between WvW population and the overall population of a server. YB (and I’m sure CD) has a lot of PVE’ers. That said, there’s no question YB and CD outnumber SBI in WvW.

It’s unfortunate that SBI has had to endure massive WvW population losses. Probably more than any other server, since not long ago you were winning Tier 1. Oh well, who wants all those zergs and queues anyways? I sure don’t.

I think SBI will soon arrive at a good place in WvW, probably next week…

2/8 - CD | YB | SBI

in WvW

Posted by: Tyrlis.8072

Tyrlis.8072

I would love if YB could transfer 20 or 30 of their WvWers to Oceanic time… that would even up the NA primetime fight from ‘Oh God, there are a thousand of them, we’re about to get spawn-camped’ to ‘Oh hey, they’re pushing again, let’s go have some fun defending that keep.’ And it would reduce the PvDoor complaints against our excellent Oceanic crew.

What if I offered some Black Lion Chests? Ruminant Tonics? Peach Pies?

Tyrlis – South of Heaven [SoH] WvW Commander – CD
Proud Member of the First Crystalian Council

2/8 - CD | YB | SBI

in WvW

Posted by: Kuldred.2436

Kuldred.2436

Grats to all.
[/quote]

SBI is 19th.

Lather. Rinse. Repeat. [/quote]

The server pop tells you absolutely nothing about WvW population. Yaks has a very heavy PvE population. I also love the assumption that if a server can field a zerg or two, that it is the zerg population for why we are winning, and there can’t possibly be any skill involved. Maybe it’s a zerg or two, thrown in with a bunch of smaller groups, and a bunch of people that hang back after the zerg to run supply, upgrade and drop seige? And maybe, just maybe there are some skilled players in there as well? Hmmmm?

There was, not too long ago, a sort of ‘global survey’ of what was the worst, most annoying sound that you could think of. Do you know what came in first? Whining.

Yak’s Bend

2/8 - CD | YB | SBI

in WvW

Posted by: Gravy.7589

Gravy.7589

After this week SBI will drop down and E Bay will probably move up to replace us, if rankings stay as they are. Not sure how we measure up to IOJ or D Rest. Will be interesting to see if Maguuma falls back down to this Tier and if Yaks moves up or maybe even CD.

2/8 - CD | YB | SBI

in WvW

Posted by: Hubris.7039

Hubris.7039

Anyone else run into the thief from YB in the DISC guild that was seemingly impossible to kill and easily dispatched the tutorial guy in the middle of the CD keep while players tried to attack him? Somehow managed to continually disappear after being immobilized and updrafted as well.

If that is skill, I hope that player is recording it via fraps and posts it.

We’ve been trying to address this from YB’s side, but nobody knows anyone in the DISC guild. We would appreciate it if you could report this player as quickly as possible so he doesn’t continue to muddy our reputation.

Good fights out there, CD and SBI.

Wiideus – Elementalist
Officer – War is Hell [WAR]
Yak’s Bend

2/8 - CD | YB | SBI

in WvW

Posted by: RiceRepublic.9271

RiceRepublic.9271

Honestly other then a select few guilds (Oos on Yaks, Kiwi on SBI) everyone has been very respectful and fair playing. There’s always going to be a few rotten apples in the dozen. You just have to know how to take them out

What is “respectful and fair playing?” I don’t understand what you are saying in terms of fair and respectful. If you are talking about we beating 60 Yaks with 20 Kiwi guild members.. that is not being unfair. It’s called teamwork and able to use our characters. Or you may be talking about hitting you guys when Yaks are hitting you guys… That is also not being unfair.. It’s called strategies. We have caught some Yaks trying to hack into keep via wall.. That may be cheating and being unfair. But we have never done anything unfair and not respectful. I really want you to apologize to us Kiwi and take you words back.

2/8 - CD | YB | SBI

in WvW

Posted by: Subtle.4596

Subtle.4596

“We have caught some Yaks trying to hack into keep via wall.”

Better to get screenshots next time – make sure you include guild names.

Subtle/Not Subtle
80Thief/80Guard
Yaksbend Commander

2/8 - CD | YB | SBI

in WvW

Posted by: Ikarushka.9564

Ikarushka.9564

What is “respectful and fair playing?” I don’t understand what you are saying in terms of fair and respectful. If you are talking about we beating 60 Yaks with 20 Kiwi guild members.. that is not being unfair. It’s called teamwork and able to use our characters. Or you may be talking about hitting you guys when Yaks are hitting you guys… That is also not being unfair.. It’s called strategies. We have caught some Yaks trying to hack into keep via wall.. That may be cheating and being unfair. But we have never done anything unfair and not respectful. I really want you to apologize to us Kiwi and take you words back.

There is so much flame bait in your post. Perhaps you guys should discuss it over a PM with a poster you replied to.

Cheekadee. Asuran engineer

2/8 - CD | YB | SBI

in WvW

Posted by: junglewolf.3957

junglewolf.3957

I’m sorry if anyone from Oos have wronged you. We are a guild of about 8 active members and only 5 or 4 of us are extremely active in wvw. We are generally respectful, although we like to hang out around enemy camps and kill people who try to get supplies.

grunt with me if you are a yak.

2/8 - CD | YB | SBI

in WvW

Posted by: Sovereign.1093

Sovereign.1093

Try to enjoy the game. Win or lose, at least create a new bond.

This game is designed to make us competitive in wvw, especially if you observe the dynamic events.

But sometimes looking at the score takes the fun out of the game. This is a lesson which CD server often times forget(kaining scenario after facing fa). And seems to affect other servers as well.

Enjoy, defend a supply camp, and hang out with friends. Else, why play?

Shout out to my noble Filipino players. I’m looking for you. Hook me up in-game.

[Salt] Heavy Loot Bag

Always Loyal

2/8 - CD | YB | SBI

in WvW

Boreal.9826

Well, YB has been in SBI’s position of being overwhelmed by numbers quite a bit recently. Feelings of frustration and hopelessness can definitely distort one’s view of the opposition. Although it’s just a game, GW2’s WvW can be highly competitive and no one enjoys being steamrolled.

As far as idiots go, I’ve had my share of being teabagged, danced upon, laughed at, etc, by Mag, DB, and Kain after being caught solo or in a small group roaming around. Often times while being spawn camped. Of course, these folks generally had less skill which makes me think they were probably fairweathers or bandwagoners, rather than dedicated WvW’ers.

Such behavior is, of course, the exception not the rule for those servers. And ours, or any other. I will say that I haven’t yet had any negative experiences from CD or SBI.

As an aside, it’s nice that our thread is finally picking up a bit. lol

2/8 - CD | YB | SBI

in WvW

Posted by: Baladir.2736

Baladir.2736

There is so much flame bait in your post. Perhaps you guys should discuss it over a PM with a poster you replied to.

Lol, I was going to respond to the original post but now it looks like I am the last one to the party. I don’t know anyone from Kiwi but I did have the pleasure of tagging along with their guild just recently. I was able to see them in action and they run very well. They were a well oiled machine. I hate to use thr old cliche, but that is exactly what came to my mind. They play intellegently. I found their tactics to be flawless and aggressive. I had a blast.

SBI will come back as the server wakes up to the new world, I hope. Many players I think were turned off and displaced by the WvW crowd and T1 style of play we had not too long ago. The current players, guilds, like Kiwi, and our current commanders enjoy a smarter game I think. They certainly play better imo. The zergers who love to run in overwhelming numbers have left. The loyal friendly base left behind are sure to have more fun. Some of us are older and/or have left our hard core days behind us, but we are not dead yet. Speaking for myself anyway.

2/8 - CD | YB | SBI

in WvW

Posted by: RyuDragnier.9476

RyuDragnier.9476

May I request a score update and map update for those who are currently not able to log in?

[hS]
PvE Main – Zar Poisonclaw – Daredevil
WvW Main – Ghost Mistcaller – Herald

2/8 - CD | YB | SBI

in WvW

Baladir.2736

We…..
As far as idiots go, I’ve had my share of being teabagged, danced upon, laughed at, etc, by Mag, DB, and Kain after being caught solo or in a small group roaming around. Often times while being spawn camped. Of course, these folks generally had less skill which makes me think they were probably fairweathers or bandwagoners, rather than dedicated WvW’ers……As an aside, it’s nice that our thread is finally picking up a bit. lol

I guess it is all in the way you alook at it. To me it is not much different than the opposing player celebrating much like someone who has just scored a touchdown. I would be surprised if very many players corpse jumped out of malice. It seems more like clean trash talk to me. It is a way for the victor and vanquished to release some of the adrenaline stirred up by the battle. A way to laugh.

Sometimes when I find myself caught out in the open by 4 players, I might try to tag one and hope they let me 1v1. Or, I might get up and go to the refridgerator and get a soda lol. Or I might try to make a go of it. They might corpse jump me which they and I know is ridiculous because there is not much to celebrate over when you 4v1 someone, so it is a laugh for everyone. They are just being silly.

Sure there is a line somewhere, where ya kind of go, “ok, now you are being an kitten about it.” But, for the most part, I think it’s usually done in fun.

2/8 - CD | YB | SBI

in WvW

Posted by: RiceRepublic.9271

RiceRepublic.9271

Sigh..I didn’t mean to bring everyone into fights.. I am sorry if I offended Yak players. But all I want to point out is that we don’t play dirty (I don’t even know what playing unfair/with no respect means anyway…unless it’s hack). I just want to tell Lorelei.3918 that we don’t do such things.

2/8 - CD | YB | SBI

in WvW

Boreal.9826

Baladir, I agree. It doesn’t offend me in the slightest. In fact, I take it as a compliment that some players apparently feel the need to “celebrate” a 4v1 victory.

My response was directed to those who apparently take such silliness as a personal insult, and then generalize an entire server because of it.

2/8 - CD | YB | SBI

in WvW

Baladir.2736

Baladir, I agree. It doesn’t offend me in the slightest. In fact, I take it as a compliment that some players apparently feel the need to “celebrate” a 4v1 victory.

lol /signed

My response was directed to those who apparently take such silliness as a personal insult, and then generalize an entire server because of it.

/signed

Nicely said.

2/8 - CD | YB | SBI

in WvW

Posted by: skytohigh.7531

skytohigh.7531

I generally just laugh it off but it does seem to be a little bit in poor taste to taunt a enemy you and your guildies just downed in a 4v1 or more. That being said I’ve been enjoying this match up so far.

Aidan Faintsmile|Ranger|[SA]|SBI

2/8 - CD | YB | SBI

in WvW

Posted by: bllius.9027

bllius.9027

This thread is entirely too civil and even handed.
Please bring back the Tarnished kittenroaches.

2/8 - CD | YB | SBI

in WvW

Posted by: Lordelel.7105

Lordelel.7105

In response to a small group complaining about “night” capping, I would like to remind them of some facts.

Fact number 1. The world does not revolve around you nor your country nor your time zone. What is “night” to you might be “day” to others.

Fact number 2, yaks bend did extremely well to build up a massive points lead over the weekend. You don’t hear us complaining about having outmanned buff constantly because a majority of us was celebrating a festival? Our na crew is constantly outnumbered but do you hear them complaining? Stop acting like you have absolutely no one in wvw during “night” time. Fewer numbers yes but definitely not 0.

Fact 3, the thief that constantly glitches to our spawn point is not “doing no harm”. He may not be able to do anything now but imagine him getting his hands on another glitch. A cheat is a cheat whether its impact is big or small. What if he was attempting to find a way to another exploit and by leaving him alone he somehow finds it? What was harmless has just became game-breaking all because of the initial lackadaisical attitude.

This matchup has by far been enjoyable, fun and civilized. Lets keep it that way and not let it be ruined by a small minority.

P.S. if you really feel so strongly against “night” capping, I would like to recommend servers like JQ, SOS, SOR, BG, Kaineng to you. I hear that they have 24 hours zergs. Might suit you.

Estaily

2/8 - CD | YB | SBI

in WvW

Posted by: bllius.9027

bllius.9027

Wow, apparently even the names of some insects are verbotten on these forums.

2/8 - CD | YB | SBI

in WvW

Posted by: stinkypants.8419

stinkypants.8419

IMHO – teabag away, I’ll kill you later.

Have fun.

Your pal,

stinkkypants

(Alvyn | Crystal Desert )

2/8 - CD | YB | SBI

in WvW

Posted by: Sykper.6583

Sykper.6583

I agree on most of Lordelel’s points, but in both cases where servers have a true oceanic presence and not enough US Primetime or vice versa, the mere concept of all the hard work to fight that day and lose the night (from the prespective of the stronger attacker at that time) due to a LACK of presence is well, ultimately a debilitating and demoralizing concept that shouldn’t just be pushed aside as ‘Get over it.’

This isn’t just pertaining to this matchup, but all matchups like this where a server has a true presence in only one timezone, but severely lacks in other areas that make their efforts feel at waste. Boy, if there were some way plausible for the three contesting servers to shift guilds around to have more even grounds in all timezones to truly give everyone a fight at any time of the day…Ah the ideal…

But…there is a whole stew of issues with that plan, and this isn’t the thread to talk about server balance.

From what I was told, this was a very civil thread. We must be quite sophisticated here, I presume?

Suicidal Warrior.
Putting Perspective on Zerg Sizes since 2012. Common Suffixes for 40+ include ~Zilla and ~Train
“Seriously, just dodge.”

2/8 - CD | YB | SBI

in WvW

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

This thread is entirely too civil and even handed.
Please bring back the Tarnished kittenroaches.

Oh our tier 2 thread is full of fun, civility and frivolity. We’ve even surprised Kaineng with it it’s a big love in, in there …. Kinda like in here. It’s nice eh?

Also: go Yaks Bend! (And SBI and cd!)

L’enfer, c’est les autres

(edited by Jayne.9251)

2/8 - CD | YB | SBI

in WvW

Posted by: shanmugong.6750

shanmugong.6750

CD ticking at 640, SBI 30, YB 25. YB have a lead just shy of 43k

What a joke – We tear CD and SBI apart all weekend and lose 10to15k/night on the weekdays.

A wise man once said:

Spawn camping sucks, but so does getting night capped. Yaks gets the points now – only to lose the ‘lead’ during the week. We deal with ur night caps – you can deal with our point gain.

Yep and that’s what happens.
People like ME drop 36+ hours on the weekend to get a massive point lead because WE HAVE TO. Where as – CD can log in at 2am my time – get a 600+ point lead with little opposition during the week to come back for the win.

ALSO – those who take the map at 2 am, can log off at 6am and leave 60-70 people across all map to maintain score lead against the smaller Asian population SBI and YB. Where as both YB and SBI needs to stay logged in USPrimetimes to keep the points up.

Its annoying is all.

Do you know that during the paid transfer crisis, people is saying that CD is going the way of IOJ and HOD? FJ is shouting with glee that their mortal enemy is dropping to tier 8 at last! Seems like we have stabilize on tier 4 within 2 weeks, which is remarkable given the past history of servers that has fallen from grace.

I think what makes the difference are the leaders who stayed and morale. During the dark times, the leaders of major WvW guilds who decided to stay, banded together and tried to create an uplifting environment. The trashing by kaineng should have broken our spirits by than, especially during the last days of paid transfer, but it did not. We came to appreciate the guilds who stayed and creates a much stronger bond. Thanks to the fortitude, pride and humor that we have shown, we have attracted many CD players who are left behind by their guilds and manage to convert many PvE players to our cause.

Due to the mass exodus of the NA guilds from CD, many Oceanics players also started to login during NA timing to bloster our defense against Yaks. We also get to know our NA people much better and created a better synergy between our two timeslots. Previously, the NA side seldom talk to our oceanic side and generally do our own things. The crisis has brought us closer. We know we can rely on our NA crew to defend our holdings and won’t hesitate to leave behind fully upgraded towers and sieges for them to take over.

The CD that you see today, with it’s capability in both oceanic and NA timing, is no accident. We are proud of our server not because we are in winning or is advancing in tiers. We are proud because we have defied the predictions of our naysayers, survived our fall from grace and created a better server cohesion.

So for those who are irritated by our “night” (day for us) capping, go ahead and kitten us. To us, it is compliments to our ears because we managed to keep our guilds together, through thick and thin, to have the population to even manage to night cap you guys.

To SBI, I can feel your pain. But if we can pull ourselves together, so can you!

Shanmugong Asuran Engineer.
Crystal Desert. [KoME]
Once an Engineer, Always an Engineer

2/8 - CD | YB | SBI

in WvW

Posted by: Fiorrello.8126

Fiorrello.8126

so on the SBI borderlands a little while ago in the middle of a zerg to take back the yaks bend tower i found a stormbluff necro norn commander.

after a near suicidal chase into the heart of and all the way to the very back of the enemy group i finally managed to down you before two thieves killed me and rallied you.

much respect. your group did a really good job of suppressing us and keeping us from holding any territory. i saw you like 3 times after that keeping vital objectives just out of reach.

2/8 - CD | YB | SBI

in WvW

Posted by: CrassBippy.4619

CrassBippy.4619

In response to a small group complaining about “night” capping, I would like to remind them of some facts.

Fact number 1. The world does not revolve around you nor your country nor your time zone. What is “night” to you might be “day” to others.

Fact number 2, yaks bend did extremely well to build up a massive points lead over the weekend. You don’t hear us complaining about having outmanned buff constantly because a majority of us was celebrating a festival? Our na crew is constantly outnumbered but do you hear them complaining? Stop acting like you have absolutely no one in wvw during “night” time. Fewer numbers yes but definitely not 0.

Fact 3, the thief that constantly glitches to our spawn point is not “doing no harm”. He may not be able to do anything now but imagine him getting his hands on another glitch. A cheat is a cheat whether its impact is big or small. What if he was attempting to find a way to another exploit and by leaving him alone he somehow finds it? What was harmless has just became game-breaking all because of the initial lackadaisical attitude.

This matchup has by far been enjoyable, fun and civilized. Lets keep it that way and not let it be ruined by a small minority.

P.S. if you really feel so strongly against “night” capping, I would like to recommend servers like JQ, SOS, SOR, BG, Kaineng to you. I hear that they have 24 hours zergs. Might suit you.

Estaily

First off, I dont mind really,

second off all very true, but its pretty obvious why north american players playing on north american servers get frustrated because they are losing because their north american server does not have any people playing from over seas.

see how north american it is? pretty north american if you ask me.

psssst

North america

Bi Furious [Fist] YB

2/8 - CD | YB | SBI

in WvW

Posted by: Pendragon.8735

Pendragon.8735

I agree on most of Lordelel’s points, but in both cases where servers have a true oceanic presence and not enough US Primetime or vice versa, the mere concept of all the hard work to fight that day and lose the night (from the prespective of the stronger attacker at that time) due to a LACK of presence is well, ultimately a debilitating and demoralizing concept that shouldn’t just be pushed aside as ‘Get over it.’

Indeed, because there is a big difference between relative degrees of being outnumbered, and at some point the very nature of WvW breaks down.

CD can still fill a borderland in NA primetime, and while they might be losing on the overall scoreboard, the players within that one borderland, if they all do go there, can still get a competitive and fun fight where the dynamics of WvW ‘work’.

While other more extreme levels, such that YB is forced under at times, we cannot even field half a single map, often for stretches of hours. The mode really ceases to function at all as intended at this imbalance level. Even having pre-prepared fortifications and seige can become next to meaningless.

I remember the first massive off hours crew we faced, I think IoJ, and I was on during some of those periods. Facing 30+ zergs with like 6 people in a fort, and then the next day seeing them trying to sell that they actually faced legitimate resistance. It was a bad joke.

2/8 - CD | YB | SBI

in WvW

Posted by: Heinel.6548

Heinel.6548

Of the long time I’ve been in WvW. YB has to be the biggest whiners about night capping. I mean, sure, something along those lines always pops up on the front page of the WvW board, but that’s that, usually people don’t contaminate the tier boards with pointless rants the way YB do.

Why not take your frustrations on Anet and post on the suggestion forum about how you think night capping may be alleviated or fixed?

Before that happens, CD will continue to sit on your night caps can erase all your “weekend efforts.” My, actually, that gives us another reason to PvDoor, beside the karma training. lol.

“… but I hate the idea ‘It may not make sense at first’.
I want it to make sense right away, then another sense later. Murkiness =/= quality "
- CCP Abraxis

2/8 - CD | YB | SBI

in WvW

Pendragon.8735

It’s those that try to deny the situation Heinel that makes people press the point. If the other side just agreed its a crappy situation that would be that.

Never understand why people get so defensive and try to defend an utterly boring playstyle. We’ve been in matches ticking around 600 due to opponent down times and its boring as heck and there is nothing to be prideful about for sure.

Fighting mobs isn’t world vs world. What ‘world’ are you fighting. ‘lol’

2/8 - CD | YB | SBI

in WvW

Posted by: Deathdom.8250

Deathdom.8250

It’s those that try to deny the situation Heinel that makes people press the point. If the other side just agreed its a crappy situation that would be that.

I reread the thread. Didn’t see any CD denying the fact that we nightcap you guys.
P.S. To our night crew, your day crew nightcaps them.

(edited by Deathdom.8250)

2/8 - CD | YB | SBI

in WvW

Pendragon.8735

I reread the thread. Didn’t see any CD denying the fact that we nightcap you guys.

Some attempted to portray the situation as simply a mirror image. ‘Well we nightcap but you guys daycap’, when the number advantages are not close to the same, as obvious by the difference in the score gap between the two periods.

I’ll say this, I have the utmost respect for off peak hours people that play on lesser population servers at those times, like the ones we have on YB. They battle long odds all the time and don’t bolt for the, about 3 servers, that hold the vast majority of the player base at these times. This being the only group that can ever solve the issue, by spreading out more, because saying recruit is a non-starter when there simply isn’t enough to go around.

Why people who like PvP would like rarely ever having strong competition is curious.

(edited by Pendragon.8735)

2/8 - CD | YB | SBI

in WvW

Posted by: Marquiz.7625

Marquiz.7625

Those complaining that CD simply PvDoor during our prime time should go and find out how many golems we made yesterday to push the blues out of EB. Having it easy is one thing, wanting it back badly and quick is another

Marquiz
Home: Crystal Desert
Guild: [KöMÉ] §Strength, Honour & Duty§

2/8 - CD | YB | SBI

in WvW

Sovereign.1093

Those complaining that CD simply PvDoor during our prime time should go and find out how many golems we made yesterday to push the blues out of EB. Having it easy is one thing, wanting it back badly and quick is another

Well, we don’t really pvp their door. As I posted earlier. But we do whack it even if they rain us with heavy duty superior AC’s because we can repel those with swirling winds.

It’s just that, normally, during the day, we don’t really use strategy to defend or take back our land. But at night time, we’re pretty much very organized.

Take yesterday for example, fought about 20-40 plus sbi and yb zerg, and we trampled them not because we were many, but because our zerg, composed of a 5 man party in part was following orders with particular grouping make up. Like guardians/ele/warriors etc. And our front liners were purely def based builds.

Same as when we were back stabbed by an invisible zerg in the north camp, but easily dispatched it because of team composition.

I hate to admit it, but our na presence needs to take the SEA presence as an example.

Oh well. That’s the life.

We make justifications for winning or losing. But in the end of the day, we know the truth. And we don’t really need to brag or put anybody down. SBI and YB are strong competitors. And we are strong too.

Who is better? Hmmm… I don’t know. I still think CD as a whole is a tier 7 server. And we really need a lot of training to be better.

More better fights for us all.

[Salt] Heavy Loot Bag

Always Loyal

2/8 - CD | YB | SBI

in WvW

Posted by: shanmugong.6750

shanmugong.6750

Yeah, I agree. I still remember the horrors when a Mesmer portal 8 golems to a gate with oil still on while working on a SBI keep. Ended up with melted
Metal. Effort yes, but need more training. We are still tier 7 overall.

Shanmugong Asuran Engineer.
Crystal Desert. [KoME]
Once an Engineer, Always an Engineer

2/8 - CD | YB | SBI

in WvW

Posted by: Heinel.6548

Heinel.6548

Yeah, I agree. I still remember the horrors when a Mesmer portal 8 golems to a gate with oil still on while working on a SBI keep. Ended up with melted

Lol. Sending golems under oil is classic FoJ strategy. T2 quality man.

“… but I hate the idea ‘It may not make sense at first’.
I want it to make sense right away, then another sense later. Murkiness =/= quality "
- CCP Abraxis

2/8 - CD | YB | SBI

in WvW

Posted by: Pooka.3420

Pooka.3420

r. Again bar one fantastic Ranger I have not seen any evidence of skill beyond anything YB has to offer in the field and tactically I think we surpass SBI,

Thanks for the compliment : )

Highbeams(Druid) Pooka Pook(Ranger) – Yaks Bend

2/8 - CD | YB | SBI

in WvW

Sovereign.1093

Defending QL >3<, nice try YB. You almost took it. Man, you guys are scary when you mean it. >3<

Luckily my back up came in time.

Attachments:

[Salt] Heavy Loot Bag

Always Loyal

(edited by Sovereign.1093)

2/8 - CD | YB | SBI

in WvW

Posted by: santi.7516

santi.7516

Meanwhile, CD’s Night Crew is fighting against the fearless NPC’s in Stone Mist Castle at Eternal Battlegrounds Dungeon, Path 1. Those NPC’s surely are a worthy challenge for such a PvE experts.

Good Night People, cya later!.

(edited by santi.7516)

2/8 - CD | YB | SBI

in WvW

Posted by: Ireniicus.2167

Ireniicus.2167

So YB decided to wake up a little early today to ‘test’ out this CD Night Crew and find out whether it was a zerg or an organised fighting unit. As we thought/hoped they really are not very good. I guess PvD week after week is not very good practice.

2/8 - CD | YB | SBI

in WvW

Posted by: Amurond.4590

Amurond.4590

Nice work defending Bay on SBI BL fellow SBIers!

The CD siege lasted a few hours and was good fun, even considering repair bills.

~ The Server I Play On Is Better Than The Server You Play On ~
- Kudzu, Dreamer, Frostfang, Eternity, Flameseeker Prophecies ~
~Nevermore, HOPE, Moot, Incinerator, Meteorlogicus, Howler ~

2/8 - CD | YB | SBI

in WvW

Sovereign.1093

Do your best. I’m rooting for you guys. As you keep fighting, I get to spend time helping my sister get acquainted with this game.

Attachments:

[Salt] Heavy Loot Bag

Always Loyal

2/8 - CD | YB | SBI

in WvW

Posted by: Hubris.7039

Hubris.7039

So YB decided to wake up a little early today to ‘test’ out this CD Night Crew and find out whether it was a zerg or an organised fighting unit. As we thought/hoped they really are not very good. I guess PvD week after week is not very good practice.

Can’t argue with the numbers:

http://mos.millenium.org/servers/view/40/

Wiideus – Elementalist
Officer – War is Hell [WAR]
Yak’s Bend

2/8 - CD | YB | SBI

in WvW

Posted by: Ireniicus.2167

Ireniicus.2167

Also great to see Yaks Bends first Armada be deployed

Attachments:

2/8 - CD | YB | SBI

in WvW

Posted by: Xavi.6591

Xavi.6591

I don’t think CD is a tier 7 server at all. Your Oceanic/Euro timezone coverage is great and your NA coverage isn’t bad. CD is holding it’s own during NA prime time compared to YB’s non-prime time.

Fantasme Bloodwen [R.I.P. Mesmer] | Andi Runi [Warrior] | Bonedoggle [Necro] | Zooerasty [Ranger]
Angry Intent [AI] | Yak’s Bend |