2/8 Tier8 FC/ET/hopefully not SF

in WvW

Posted by: Spica.9308

Spica.9308

The old SF HoD and GoM did fought are not the same SF now.

You’d find 30+ zergs of level 80 exotic geared SFs slaughtering level 1-20s blue gears all day.

in WvW

Posted by: I Monk For L O V E.7528

I Monk For L O V E.7528

I don’t see why we get so much hate for being so unskilled. We managed to hold off an ET zerg that had a golem from taking hills for over 20 minutes before we got help from another BL. And as the picture shows this was done with about 6 people and the lovely [DH] thief with mad hops destroying our siege and personnel on it.

Attachments:

None Shall Pass – Level 80 Guardian
No Yaks Shall Pass – Level 80 Thief
Sorrows Furnace – Special Tactics Assault Recon[StaR]

in WvW

Posted by: Lux.7169

Lux.7169

Video of the Sailor Scouts battling FC and ET today http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cyo5H0FE5LA&feature=youtu.be

[SoF]

in WvW

Posted by: K U R O I T S U K I.4980

K U R O I T S U K I.4980

Sorrows Furnace has been the unofficial south american/latin server since launch.

Truth. Sorrow’s Furnace did not recently experience Latin American mass transfers. As Lucky points out, we’ve been the unofficial Latin American server since launch and those Latino guilds (like La Hermandad) you’re noticing have always been here.

And, as a matter of fact, we lost some latino guilds together with some other guilds, hence why we are T8 right now. And no, we haven’t got any kind of massive guild transfer.
I really hope that we get new server matches next week, pretty much because it seems that fighting the same people is affecting our servers, I remember when we started t8 it was all gg and awesome fights, keep it clean, and right now is just complaining on all servers, we are getting irritated and we need fresh air. Once again guys, keep it clean, if you guys think we are tiers way higher than you, we are awesome practice, the next server who falls to t8 will find out that t8 may be harder than t7 and we were t8 just for bad math. Just don’t give up, and yes I am cheering my enemy to kill me because I really hate to WvDoor. Just like I said… no dancing on corpses, is bad taste, and no cheating/exploiting either. XD

To the guilds playing in SF, thanks for helping our guild (mostly PvE) to learn the ropes and work together, it has been really fun and really exciting to fight side to side with you guys.

[LH]La Hermandad-Guild Leader
Kuroitsuki Lvl.80 Mesmer/La Biribiri Lvl.80 Elementalist
Sorrows Furnace SF (since Aug-25-12)

in WvW

Posted by: Sethiticus.8102

Sethiticus.8102

Fireworks in WvW are too OP.

in WvW

Posted by: Manoa.5897

Manoa.5897

Video of the Sailor Scouts battling FC and ET today http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cyo5H0FE5LA&feature=youtu.be

I saw you guys in EB last night. Are you guys the same group that ArenaNet featured on Facebook last week?

Chaos Spatulai [Chef] | Paragon City Elite [PCE]
Henge of Denravi

in WvW

Manoa.5897

And, as a matter of fact, we lost some latino guilds together with some other guilds, hence why we are T8 right now. And no, we haven’t got any kind of massive guild transfer.

That’s a shame to hear some of the Latino guilds were among those that we lost to other servers. But it’s a relief though to see [LH] is still going strong on SF. It’s always awesome to see your guild members around the server. Great folk and great players.

Henge of Denravi

in WvW

Posted by: Dogsmack.4910

Dogsmack.4910

Stop whining and crying to gain Sympathy from the readers,it really shows what a weak server you ,If you dont like the match-up take it up with Anet.
Im sure they wont care either way. Mant times ET and Fergs were not outmanned and were still wiped because of either bad leadership or low level players. To say SF uses cheap tactics such as portal bombs and such and players dancing on corpses is lies, I have had many ET and FERGS dance on my corpse so dont try and make yourself to be some sort of Elite player denying u dont do it becuase you know you do..

Oh and you say you dont use cheap tactics,hows the pic?

Just suck it up another week and you can be rid of us :-)

Attachments:

in WvW

Posted by: Takerukun.8924

Takerukun.8924

Err…I haven’t been keeping too up to date on exploit/cheap siege placements, but was pretty sure everyone in T5+ servers already found those months ago agreed that ANet intended for those catas to be placed there.

Not to invalidate the rest of your post, ‘cause we for sure have our share of bads and bad apples. From the people of FC, we apologize for them. But I’m pretty sure those catas are as un-cheap as attacking garrison water gate.

[Yarr] Takeru Kagamine – Usually dead or dying
Ferguson’s Crossing
Probably lurking

(edited by Takerukun.8924)

in WvW

Posted by: Tanryth.1074

Tanryth.1074

“weak” server would imply you’re somehow better than either fc or et which is a far cry from the truth, but numbers are what wins games so if you call mindlessly charging at objectives in a larger group then yes, you are stronger than us.

Score suggests otherwise. In a game of points, the player with the most points is the better player. Whether it’s due to tactical prowess, average skill, or just raw numbers. SF, as a whole, is stronger at WvW than ET or FC, regardless of how competent your small forces are. And don’t assume everyone on SF lacks skill, as your tone "implies’. We have just as many great players as you do. We’re just lost in the comfort of a zerg.

As pointless anecdotal evidence, just last week, a group of 7 SF, myself included, successfully defended Overlook from 25 ET for nearly an hour, before we had 5 or 6 more SF join, resulting in stomping them out. Unfortunately due to ET never being around for most of the day, we rarely get such opportunities.

Also, you should read up on how the ratings and elo work my friend. I feel you are grossly misinformed.

I actually understand how the ratings work quite well. Maybe you should read up. (This game is fun… and stupid… and unwarranted) In the most simplistic terms, good servers go up, bad servers go down. As I recently said, score is the ultimate factor of “How good” a server is. Of course, due to the low volatility of the current match ups, a population shift can have a long term effect on the balance of matches. Hod is currently a stronger server than SF. Whether or not that will change though, will be decided in about 3 weeks time.

In the end though, I wouldn’t get my hopes up that HoD will be a much better match. I may be wrong, and I hope I am, but my posts are evidence that I don’t believe it will be.

Remember the 1st week you dropped into our tier? Thats what I thought!

Shara Longblade – 80 Guardian
MooN – Seafarer’s Rest

in WvW

Posted by: Tanryth.1074

Tanryth.1074

To all the ET and SF guys that were there when ET was trying to take Redbriar via Breakout tonight… bet you didn’t see that coming did you? 5 of us got in with the gate down got it back up killed the Dolyak… Siegrazer came in …SF routed the ET guys, SF broke the gate tried to cap.. we rezed the Claimer…. killed Siegerazer then killed off the SF and repaired the gate again…. man that was fun…. can we do it again I didn’t have my fraps on….

Shara Longblade – 80 Guardian
MooN – Seafarer’s Rest

in WvW

Posted by: Corvus.3681

Corvus.3681

I just realized something… Today was the first time I’ve ever fought against ET. It was weird seeing something besides “Sorrow’s Furnace Invader”

in WvW

Posted by: Zen.1965

Zen.1965

I thought I’d chime in on this as I find some things (other than the status of the match up) getting incredibly tiring. What I’m referring to of course is the discussion about our tier on this forum, as well as map chat, as well as… well…. everywhere. -.-

We are all frustrated. Okay, maybe not all…. Mindless zerging seems to be an attractive way to spend time for many people… But clearly there is a lot of us, on all servers, frustrated. If it’s so blatantly clear that’s the case, why the BM? Why the disrespect?

I know it sucks balls to log into WvW kind of stoked cuz you’re getting to do something you enjoy after slaving away at whatever education/employment you have, only to be steamrolled, spawn camped, mindless suicides into doors/walls, etc. It sucks to log onto WvW, check the map, and wonder “well kitten wtf do I do?” It pisses you off for sure. There’s no need to direct that at other players on the other servers, or to post 5 different threads in the WvW forum to voice your concern for some specific issue as if your thread will garner some divine attention and change things.

SF did not willfully put itself into this match up and honeslty in the beginning it was a kitten good match up. So was the one prior, with HoD and GoM, then GoM went on a terror and we fought it out with HoD trying to avoid being dropped. “The Great Transfer” event threw everything to kitten. The reset was half embraced because while anyone involved in WvW knew it’d mean we’d be completely smashed for months possibly because of it, it’d be a change of pace to what had at that time became an almost month long ordeal. Now that too has changed things.

There is NO denying that there is an issue with this tier. There is no available downward motion, the climb out is steep, the transfer situation changed tons that was really unaccommodated for by the rating system, and the match up currently is for the most part punishing. I applaud many on ET and FC for their organization and tactics, and have seen a consistent increase in it. To face the challenge you need to explore options. On the other hand for us, it’s just zerg around and flip things. Let you take them, flip it back. At times it gets incredibly mindless, and we’re not encouraged to really explore tactics and strategies.

But why the kitten the BM and bullkitten? No need. WZ, YARR, MEND, TTA, KWBH, respect. Had some AWESOME fights with you guys and always look forward to seeing your tags. I find myself /bowing and wishing I could /bow when dead tons. I have no bad feelings towards any of you. Now, the exploits/hacks/wtfever, that have taken place and we all have pretty much seen/know about (wish there was a better way to report this) I have no respect for. Someone dances on me, w/e, if you’re mad bro I understand.

We may have to all endure this for some weeks to come… Can we please get back to keeping this clean? No need to throw so much dirt on our servers.Personally I would probably elect for a period where WvW is “accelerated” so to speak. Point wise 2 weeks worth or w/e is accomplished in 1. Just to sort of facilitate a quicker stabilization, it shouldn’t effect currently competitive tiers, only those that are experiencing mismatching due to transfer. But hey, what do I know?

Look forward to more good fights, and truly hope in the end this doesn’t negatively effect our servers too drastically. It’s unfortunate that players on ET and FC might be discouraged from WvW because of this. Apologies -.-

[Shin]
SF
Frosura master race

in WvW

Posted by: Shanks.8793

Shanks.8793

Well I talked to [DH] guild. They are sorry and they will not do that again.
They said that they thought its a normal thing like mesmer portals in WvW and they thought everyone used them as they did.
So we are done with that.
And it was fun taking SH from you SFs then heading back to EB to push you back :P.

End Ascends [End] GM / Eredon Terrace
Duke Marco – Duke Allycat – Boa Hancuck
– Duchess Cute – Duke Garp – Shiecko.

in WvW

Posted by: katz.8376

katz.8376

>snip<
To say SF…players dancing on corpses is lies. >snip<

oh really. so all the times i’ve been danced on, pointed at, jumped on, and laughed at by SF people the past two weeks have been flukes and figments of my imagination. nice to know.

I have had many ET and FERGS dance on my corpse so dont try and make yourself to be some sort of Elite player denying u dont do it becuase you know you do..

don’t presume to tell me what i do and do not do. i do not /dance on bodies. period. no matter how much one particular person may deserve it based on their past actions. i may /dance at my gate, just out of range of bored gate campers. i may /laugh if i manage to fear someone off a cliff, regardless if i manage to kill them or not… if you kitten me off, and i kill you, you get /point and /wave. if it was a good fight, and i win, you get /bow. but to /dance on the body of your enemy is just poor taste… for ANY army… even my own. and you won’t catch ME doing it. end of statement

Druids of Dhuum [DoD]|Rally Bait [RALY]
~o hai there :D~ LONG LIVE ET

in WvW

katz.8376

Look forward to more good fights, and truly hope in the end this doesn’t negatively effect our servers too drastically. It’s unfortunate that players on ET and FC might be discouraged from WvW because of this. Apologies -.-

it is definitely discouraging to log in after work and look at the map and see a sea of green everywhere, and 10-15 SF just hanging around waiting for me just outside the Legendary Guard’s range at the gate in EB.

in WvW

I Monk For L O V E.7528

Yo ET, ill just leave this nightcapping here. UMADBRO?

Attachments:

in WvW

Posted by: Elementalist Owner.7802

Elementalist Owner.7802

Yo ET, ill just leave this nightcapping here. UMADBRO?

Ah, this was fun

Props to the SF trebbers who blew through 2 fortified walls.

The Art of Roaming [gank]

in WvW

katz.8376

nope. not mad at all

props for capping overlook while people were sleeping. good job.

if we don’t have it back by the time i get off work, i have something to look forward to helping with.

in WvW

Posted by: Corvus.3681

Corvus.3681

I’m getting really tired of seeing “Sorrow’s Furnace Invader laughs”

in WvW

Posted by: Scleameth.6809

Scleameth.6809

SF you really have to work at you in-game etiquette… too many of you guys feel all proud of yourself after a mini zerg won a 5v1 or 10v2 battle. Dancing and laughing on my corpse just shows that you have no class and can’t appreciate if someone will put up a fight right to the end in order to defend their little space we managed to take from you lot.
I’ve had a lot more tough and serious battles in a 1v1 or 2v2 with members of ET than in a 1v5 vs you lot, so don’t go tap yourself on the back for gaining a victory that fast…

FC – [SNKY]
Keep the Faith (and stay out of AC fire)

in WvW

Posted by: Scleameth.6809

Scleameth.6809

^ this

FC – [SNKY]
Keep the Faith (and stay out of AC fire)

in WvW

I Monk For L O V E.7528

Ahhhh, just another update for everyone. Does this still count as nightcapping?

Attachments:

in WvW

Elementalist Owner.7802

Ahhhh, just another update for everyone. Does this still count as nightcapping?

Actually, I believe it goes under the category of CONQUERING >:)

Well done to all of the comrades who participated. Getting bravost was a bit of a thrill but after that it was cake. Now I’m off for some food, cheers ET and FC and thanks for the keeps ^.^

in WvW

I Monk For L O V E.7528

Ahhh its so pretty, mad props to the FC inside langor that held out, if it wasnt for treb inside keep idk if we would of ever got in there. Come on ET and FC we are ready for you to come take it again

Attachments:

in WvW

Posted by: Ralloff.7359

Ralloff.7359

ITT: People bashing servers that are the same but with different population.
I’ve seen SF noobs and 80s run into legendary archers. I’ve seen ET do that as well.
I’ve wiped small groups of 80s with a sub 80 guard and my buddy with a level 50 guard. I also saw a thief from SF wipe half of our stonemist attack yesterday single handedly.
The moral is all the servers have crap players and good players. Stop arguing about numbers.

It’s unfair. If you wanted a fair fight why stay ET or Ferg?

Also all the people talking about honor like they zuko or some kitten, stop it. People from every server have been corpse dancing ect.

TL;DR stop whining and play the game instead of fighting on the forums.

/Surprised/Surprised/Surprised/Surprised
Leader of the 3 man Pop Up Pirates(POMF)
Pretty OK Elementalist

in WvW

Posted by: Harbinger.8637

Harbinger.8637

Yeah, I really don’t understand all the boasting going on from SF right now….

PvDoor or fighting against a handful of people. Like what’s there to be proud of?

Guardian WvW Guide!
Heavens Rage

in WvW

Posted by: roostapro.9827

roostapro.9827

Respect for SF….depleted.

0 respect.

Eredon Terrace – Voladeir Roost (Ele)|Roosta (War)|Error Occurred (Gua)|Àneskâ Necrötiâ (Nec)
RoostaGW2

in WvW

Elementalist Owner.7802

Ah, WZ Ferg Zerg tried to cap Rogues. Come on guys, you can do better!

Attachments:

in WvW

katz.8376

Mockery? I’d go more along the lines of encouragement to fight back.

actually, it makes me say “whatever, i don’t want to play vs a bunch okittenholes” and i go do explorer, dungeons, or my personal story instead.

but then again, it was a pair of your guildies camping me at the gate in EB and pointing and laughing when they killed me when i was trying to test out a new build a few days ago… so whatever. not surprised.

i’ll be glad when you guys FINALLY bump up a tier and you get put thru the wringer. couldn’t happen to a nicer bunch of folks, really.

in WvW

K U R O I T S U K I.4980

OK, lets do some math here, played one hour, first time I died I get this. Please dont try to gain sympathy saying we are mean or too many. Just play. You also spawn waypoints when you have the numbers, you dance on corpses. Given is not on top of my corpse, that’s an improvement

Attachments:

(edited by K U R O I T S U K I.4980)

in WvW

Manoa.5897

C’mon guys. Due to the messed-up ratings math for Tier 8, it appears we’re going to be stuck with each other for quite a bit longer. Bickering with one another in the match thread just makes a crummy situation even worse for everyone. Let’s all try to keep it clean, sportmanlike and fun and save the fighting for the battlefield (this is directed to ALL servers, including my own).

Henge of Denravi

(edited by Manoa.5897)

in WvW

Elementalist Owner.7802

I knew FC would go for Langor so I seiged the underworld out of it. Needless to say breakout event happened before I finished upgrading everything (trust me, took lots of Dolyak running for this). We handled it accordingly because I had the place LOADED with seige lawl. Then we had bravost breakout to deal with, handled them all as well lawl.

So yeah, I got this awesome mortar. And now we have guild buffs too Gonna need more than a breakout to get this, FC!

Attachments:

in WvW

Posted by: Ungood.3054

Ungood.3054

Not to be rude, but I can’t want for a real opponent that will be able to actually challenge us without just mindlessly steamrolling us.

Then you have a long wait ahead of you. ET is after all, the weakest server WvW wise. Even if SF moves up a Tier, our replacement will likely be too strong for T8.

As of Feb 1st, SF’s rating was in the 800s, and ET’s in the 600s. Henge of Denravi, just above SF, has a rating of 1k+. If we somehow replace them in T7, they will likely steam roll ET and FC just as SF does.

I believe it would be better to hope for improvements in ET, rather than hoping a weak server drops to T8.

Greetings and Well Met fellow Tier 8 player.

Normally when I see a post like this, I try to grasp what their message is, more then simply getting wrapped up in words, like “weaker” and some such.

Which brings me to what you have put on the table. If I have read this right, you have made 2 points:

The first, is that your only earning 800 points, if I have read that right, what you are trying to express that even tho you seem to be doing better then an army that is a quarter to a fifth your size, you are still not doing anywhere near well enough to move up to a Tier 7 world, nor do you have means to hold your own against them.

In that regard, you may very well be correct. It is after all your own doing that you ended up here in Tier 8 with us, simply because you could not hold a place in any higher Tier world.

As for your second Point about Improving the Armies of ET. While maybe this was not your intention, but for all intents and purposes what you have put rather bluntly, is that it is ET needs to be the one to pull out of Tier 8 if they want a new opponent because SF will simply not be able to do so.

I would have to say good sir, that I do not disagree with you, but none the less I would rather a new opponent then the stagnant match up we have right now. No insult meant, but fighting you is become rather monotone, when you out number us 5 – 1, it is not a matter if we will lose, but how long we will last and how many of you will die in the process.

Every Lifelong Journey Ends With a Gravestone.
Born and Raised in Eredon Terrace

in WvW

Posted by: D W.5179

D W.5179

I’ve had some great 1v1 battles with ET and FC. Both of your servers, like ours, have some great players and some not so great players. The overall tone of a lot of these posts seems to be implying that SF can ONLY win with numbers. Come on… I’m not saying that we would win, but that’s the point, I’m also not saying that either of FC or ET would definitely lose. If we had a somehow guaranteed 100v100v100 all week long, I have no idea how it would turn out, and to imply or assume that your server would win in those conditions is a bit egotistical and arrogant.
To those FC and ET that I’ve had some great fights with, keep it up, it’s always a good fight and I win some and lose some. Please don’t think this is directed at FC or ET as a whole, because it is not, it’s directed at players with bad sportsmanship (SF included). There is no need for it and to mature players, it just makes you look silly.

in WvW

Posted by: shunobee.6907

shunobee.6907

I’ve had some great 1v1 battles with ET and FC. Both of your servers, like ours, have some great players and some not so great players. The overall tone of a lot of these posts seems to be implying that SF can ONLY win with numbers. Come on… I’m not saying that we would win, but that’s the point, I’m also not saying that either of FC or ET would definitely lose. If we had a somehow guaranteed 100v100v100 all week long, I have no idea how it would turn out, and to imply or assume that your server would win in those conditions is a bit egotistical and arrogant.
To those FC and ET that I’ve had some great fights with, keep it up, it’s always a good fight and I win some and lose some. Please don’t think this is directed at FC or ET as a whole, because it is not, it’s directed at players with bad sportsmanship (SF included). There is no need for it and to mature players, it just makes you look silly.

Yes, there is still some respect left on ET for a few SF guilds like cosa, but unfortunately you usually get lost in the sea of zerg. When we do sit down to have a good field battle, it is always fun.

Also, I apologize for any unmannerly conduct from our pugs, we usually try to keep a lid on that. Good thing is people like that generally don’t stick around long.

[mend] – Eredon Terrace

in WvW

Posted by: silverfire.2547

silverfire.2547

I also saw a thief from SF wipe half of our stonemist attack yesterday single handedly.

If the thief in question was a charr wearing WWGD tags, he explicitly said he was going in for a ‘suicide spin’.

How do you guys not have the decency to grant him his wish

Mira Alluvion (Me) | Hanna Bulwark (W) | Sophie Dusthaven (Th)
[CoSA]/[WWGD] // Sorrow’s Furnace (since August 2012) US West Evening Shift

in WvW

Posted by: TheGhostBaron.1250

TheGhostBaron.1250

I respect what you’re saying for sure bro, I think the problem is the decent players on SF get drowned by the mindless zerg zombies. So those of us in heavy WvW guilds like KWBH dont often see our groups getting wiped by anything but zergs that outnumber us 5 to 1. We do see some good even fights and we love it when we do, because then it comes down to our skill and tactics vs yours. But far to often we face huge groups of zerg zombies that either fall beneath us like cut grass or drown us in massive numbers. We aren’t trying to insult your individual or even guild skills. We just don’t always remember the good players buried inside a zombie army.

So from my fellows in KWBH, those of you who still have your minds, thanks for using them and giving us good fights. And to the zombies, thanks for giving us something to laugh about.

ET- KWBH

in WvW

Posted by: roostapro.9827

roostapro.9827

/Washes daggers and wipes clean the blood from sorrows.
Bring more next time, obviously you can’t kill me while I test a new build with 30 of you guys, I would like more meat.

(See, chest thumping, oh well UMADBRO?)

I hate chest thumpers.

Not very nice is it? Less chest thumping on forums and more pewpew in game please.

I’m bored, tired and need some more blood for my pot of stew, I also have cookies in the battlefield with tea & coffee…but its MINE! Nobody touches my cookies!!!

Edit: again, smart phone not so smart -.-

Eredon Terrace – Voladeir Roost (Ele)|Roosta (War)|Error Occurred (Gua)|Àneskâ Necrötiâ (Nec)
RoostaGW2

(edited by roostapro.9827)

in WvW

Posted by: DragonXavier.3964

DragonXavier.3964

Well I talked to [DH] guild. They are sorry and they will not do that again.
They said that they thought its a normal thing like mesmer portals in WvW and they thought everyone used them as they did.
So we are done with that.
And it was fun taking SH from you SFs then heading back to EB to push you back :P.

First of all, you talked to one member of [DH]. There may have been a few that may have been exploiting (I have not seen any pics, video or anything) but the majority of us did not even know what you were talking about when the information was relayed to us.

in WvW

Posted by: Grommet.2963

Grommet.2963

C’mon guys. Due to the messed-up ratings math for Tier 8, it appears we’re going to be stuck with each other for quite a bit longer. Bickering with one another in the match thread just makes a crummy situation even worse for everyone. Let’s all try to keep it clean, sportmanlike and fun and save the fighting for the battlefield (this is directed to ALL servers, including my own).

I’d like to echo this statement too. I understand why people get frustrated on our side at ET, but like it our not, this matchup isn’t going to change anytime soon. The best people can do is go and do what you enjoy. If you’re not enjoying WvW, then don’t torture yourself. ET and Ferg are in for a rough matchup for at least 2 more weeks, give or take depending on the wonky matchmaking math.

All complaints about people camping spawns, camping is a legit tactic, don’t get too upset over it. If people are dancing/laughing while they do it, or when they win fights that they zerg with ridiculously larger numbers, going on forums to complain about their behavior is just feeding those trolls. That’s exactly how they want you to feel, and I know our server isn’t void of players like that either, they just have less opportunity to act out since we’re the underdogs.

Good fights tonight everyone, I know I had a lot of fun personally tonight, even with the odds greatly against us, that just gives us more of those shining moments to crush a zerg with good tactics. Score isn’t everything, something Sorrows is definitely missing out on are those moments like I just described, and their have been tons of clutch defenses that just make my night most days we WvW together. Like the person I quoted mentioned, we’re stuck with each other for awhile, don’t let a stale match drive you crazy!

Cedrick Klom – GM of Pirate Knights
Eradon Terrace
CHIVALRY TIMBERS

in WvW

Posted by: Labarge.1439

Labarge.1439

Semi-bumping this thread to get it above the “1-18” one that for whatever reason was resurrected. Despite the usual imbalances there have been some good fights here and there. I wish we could field reset night numbers every day of the week.

Labarge – [MEND] – Mesmer – Eredon Terrace

in WvW

Posted by: Maephina.7096

Maephina.7096

When I first started doing WvW I thought this was normal, expected behavior. I had ET and FC do this kind of thing regularly. Laughing, dancing on the corpse, etc. so of course, I started to do this same thing right back. Once I fell in with people more experienced they showed me the benefits of refraining from the pointless boasting and peen waving.

Still, I see this happen all the time and it is not exclusive to SF players, not by a long shot.
You want SF peeps not to do this sort of thing? Stop doing it your self.

Maephina
Officer, Illustrious Chromatic Enigmas [ICE]
Sorrow’s Furnace

in WvW

Posted by: FilthyRat.4652

FilthyRat.4652

ugh why does it have to be SF…. so much zerging, corpse dancing, jp camping with portals and thieves.

Just really distasteful people sorry

Lol…you have people outing your own team and the guild [DH] for “cheating” as they put it, makes me laugh. Can’t wait to camp the jp and dance on the corpses of fallen enemies.

Barodd-80 W/Kremklin-80 Me/Dokast-80 Nec
Nine Divines (ND)
Sorrow’s Furnace

in WvW

katz.8376

When I first started doing WvW I thought this was normal, expected behavior. I had ET and FC do this kind of thing regularly. Laughing, dancing on the corpse, etc. so of course, I started to do this same thing right back. Once I fell in with people more experienced they showed me the benefits of refraining from the pointless boasting and peen waving.

Still, I see this happen all the time and it is not exclusive to SF players, not by a long shot.

it becomes a vicious cycle. i’m new. i go out and play around in WvW. i would have never thought to laugh or dance on someone’s corpse unless they did something stupid, like fall to their death right in front of me. if i did that, i would expect to get laughed at too. however…someone on another team curbstomps me, and then laughs, or points, or jumps on my body, or something else dumb like that. now i want to “return the favor”… regardless if the next guy i kill is actually the one who was rude to me in the first place.

you want that little cycle to end? don’t do it yourself. don’t perpetuate the cycle. i’ve never danced on someone’s corpse, even when i killed someone who really deserved it.

in WvW

Manoa.5897

it becomes a vicious cycle. i’m new. i go out and play around in WvW. i would have never thought to laugh or dance on someone’s corpse unless they did something stupid, like fall to their death right in front of me. if i did that, i would expect to get laughed at too. however…someone on another team curbstomps me, and then laughs, or points, or jumps on my body, or something else dumb like that. now i want to “return the favor”… regardless if the next guy i kill is actually the one who was rude to me in the first place.

you want that little cycle to end? don’t do it yourself. don’t perpetuate the cycle. i’ve never danced on someone’s corpse, even when i killed someone who really deserved it.

Tip…those who are corpse jumping/dancing are doing it to get a rise out of you. Coming onto the forums to complain about this kind of behavior is exactly whey want you to do.

If anyone finds this kind of behavior unsavory, help break the cycle. If someone does it to you, just move on. Don’t give them the thrill of complaining about it on the forums. Don’t it yourself. Maybe even do something positive to show your appreciation for the badges your enemy just gave you (like a /salute or a /kneel).

Henge of Denravi

in WvW

katz.8376

i /bow if someone gives me a good fight

in WvW

Posted by: Ralloff.7359

Ralloff.7359

Sometimes when I kill someone I spam surprised. Sometimes I do it before I kill them and just let them wail on me. Am I honorable fighter for ET nao?

Attachments:

/Surprised/Surprised/Surprised/Surprised
Leader of the 3 man Pop Up Pirates(POMF)
Pretty OK Elementalist

in WvW

K U R O I T S U K I.4980

Since im not very good with my profession, I respectfully /bow to an enemy who was kicking my backpack on 1v1 and out of nowhere finds himself with about 5-6 from my team coming this way and killing him, is a way for me to say “Luck was on my side but you can easily defeat me, nice job”
Besides that, I don’t really emote, except when I dance because we are getting spawncamped and I am on legendary range, but that doesnt last too long, there are other exits too.
Also, guys you are getting good, keep it up, I mean all servers, SF, FC and ET.

(edited by K U R O I T S U K I.4980)

in WvW

Posted by: Shademehr.1397

Shademehr.1397

Can’t emotes be turned off from the chat box? Seems like a good way to “rise above” getting into the /dance /laugh /whatever conversation altogether.

At the end of the day though, this is war. War is nasty. War is brutal. It should be. A guy the other day on ET had a pretty eloquent comment in map chat when he said, “If you’re red, you’re dead.” (referencing the “invader” tag coloring) I wish I could recall who said it. Kudos to you. It’s the brutal but correct view imo.