26/10 Blacktide vs Far Shiverpeaks vs Elona's Reach

in WvW

Posted by: Daiva.2394

Daiva.2394

My own personal opinion on FS and Elona is that I seriously doubt there’s a coalition. Most things have a simpler explanation; just because we focus on one side in a 3-way fight (which we sometimes do) doesn’t mean we’re allied with the other side — it just means we deem it more important to kill our targets. Similarly, we ourselves many times run past small enemy groups if we’re going somewhere more important. Then there’s the personal grudge angle alluded to before, and the fact that if we deem server 1 our main focus at the time, server 2 forces can fall under the “the enemy of my enemy” clause.

Of course, I have only managed to play a few hours last night. So I haven’t seen much of what’s going on in game myself. It just seems to me that a conspiracy is a less likely cause of w/e is being observed.

[CIR] — Blacktide
Dai Va — Necromancer
Dae Va — Elementalist

in WvW

Posted by: Ianervan.3415

Ianervan.3415

My own personal opinion on FS and Elona is that I seriously doubt there’s a coalition.

Even if there was a one, some of the moves from Blacktide I’ve seen make no sense to me.

For example, for some unknown reasons Xaoc commander goes to the other side of the map to attack Bay that belongs to FS, leaving behind other FS towers and not caring about them. Not caring about most of the map being green (Elona) either. What did make sense was attacking Elona on the other side of the map which strategically looked logical.

When I asked why we’re attacking I got a reply: “You don’t need to understand”.

And that was it. Of course, the Bay didn’t fall, the entire campaign was pointless.

On the other hand when CIR and others are attacking I understand what they’re doing..

Unemployed people should not receive any social benefits if they are already working in an MMO.

in WvW

Posted by: vipeout.2485

vipeout.2485

I do not think so too, I’m just surprised we’re so few. FS was attacked by both of us heavily in the morning, simply because it was an easy target – almost nobody online. They could think the same.

EDIT: I’d love to know what’s wrong on our borderlands that we’re at ~200 points for majority of times, sometimes drops even to 130. And we’ve had all our share on EB yesterday when that happened. Except for SM ofc.

Piken Square | Xiana [XT]

in WvW

Posted by: Amasius.9014

Amasius.9014

My own personal opinion on FS and Elona is that I seriously doubt there’s a coalition. Most things have a simpler explanation; just because we focus on one side in a 3-way fight (which we sometimes do) doesn’t mean we’re allied with the other side — it just means we deem it more important to kill our targets. Similarly, we ourselves many times run past small enemy groups if we’re going somewhere more important. Then there’s the personal grudge angle alluded to before, and the fact that if we deem server 1 our main focus at the time, server 2 forces can fall under the “the enemy of my enemy” clause.

Of course, I have only managed to play a few hours last night. So I haven’t seen much of what’s going on in game myself. It just seems to me that a conspiracy is a less likely cause of w/e is being observed.

Indeed. If it is burning somewhere and we have to hurry our raidleader orders us to rush and ignore all enemies on the way that would only slow us down. Sometimes (quite often actually in the top brackets) you have no time to waste.

Pishy – Warrior
[FeaR] The First Impact – Riverside

in WvW

Posted by: Syndic.4762

Syndic.4762

This match-up is very tough and the fights are very enjoyable. We definitely have to step up our game, our 15-20 man groups were sufficient in the lower tiers but in T2 we need to bring 30-40 man groups to the table to compete.

As I’ve said before this match-up, I would be very happy if Blacktide made it to 2nd place. Realistically we still have a lot of room for improving and growing.

Elona is a very organized and active WvW server, and the FS big dog guilds like GF, NUG, and VcY definitely make GW2 a very enjoyable game worth playing. Best match-up since release!

Xaoc members whining about Elona and FS coalition. Does CIR agree with them?

No. Our newer members that we picked up in GW2 might be prone to theorycrafting, but the big core of CIR that comes from EVE Online and similar sandbox games, quite simply doesn’t care about server-coalitions.

Bottom line is with or without server-coalitions we got people to kill, which is a luxury considering we (CIR) used to spend 6-7 hours roaming empty zones and getting maybe 2-3 kills for our time.

[CIR]
Blacktide

in WvW

Posted by: Cunnart.6519

Cunnart.6519

It’s also nice to see a battle thread that isn’t filled, for the most part, with whining and false accusations of cheating.

ThUn-Black Tide EU
An american abroad.

in WvW

Posted by: Belfagor Diabolos.1940

Belfagor Diabolos.1940

I was fighting on EB from Friday night to Sunday very early morning UK time . My role and our PvX guild OLD was in general to fortified – scouting and help defend ours FS position against Elona ( Quantin Lake – Langor Gulch (was under OLD claim ) – and Valley Keep ). And we was supporting attack on SM on Saturday evening. They ( Elona ) have very organised & skills teams to attack.. Elonas attacks was all the time a big danger, not like in my opinion uncoordinated raids from Blacktide … If we have more commanders like “Burning Arrow” and better communication on EB for FS players ( maybe TS channel ?? ) then we could be a bigger threat to Elona in this match.
PS. I hate this starting position, 30+ FS players killing a Grub when in this same time we loosing everything around ( 2-5 persons defend a tower against enemy 30-40+ ??? forces without any support from Grub killers ) …

Far Shiverpeaks [EU]

(edited by Moderator)

in WvW

vipeout.2485

We’re having the exact same problem Belfagor when we’re Blue. Luckily for us, Spirit event is further from any walls and not many people know about it.

Regarding uncoordinated raids – yeah that’s how majority of our commanders see their job. We’ve got some who can organize stuff, but “some” doesn’t cut it for the whole server. We need to step up as a players on realm rather than few more good commanders.

in WvW

Belfagor Diabolos.1940

@vipeout.2485
Sadly to say but a some of ours attacks was like " ridiculous uncoordinated zerg force " wasting a time, afford and force ( similar to a some of Blacktide raids ).. I think is result of to many unskilled commanders ( I’m not a commander ), lack of commanders at all on the map or bad communication between teams ( scouts, defenders, raiding forces, ) on the map … I’m sure U can agree with me so Elona’s Reach attacks was the most coordinated and danger at the moment …

Far Shiverpeaks [EU]

(edited by Belfagor Diabolos.1940)

in WvW

vipeout.2485

Yup. They’re the Tier 1 here, and the winners I’m quite sure. It’s all about who’s gonna get 2nd place and stay in Tier 2 now.

However from my point of view they were only good at defending SM. When you have SM – Anzalia is easy cake, simply un-defendable.

Other than that, haven’t seen them that organized. Yeah they’ve got whole eternal today’s morning, and when we came getting it back they were defending a bit, but it wasn’t all that coordinated. They probably went borderlands but who knows.

in WvW

Posted by: Kirn.3129

Kirn.3129

Was on FS Borderlands today. The day events turned out so that GF went to other map an left me to try and hold FS map. At first there was mostly trouble from Elona, but then CiR and ThUn came to play, and things got quite hard. It was really tiring and frantic to constantly defend Bay from Elona and at the same time lead people to repel the attack from Blacktide and distraction attack from Elona forces. I am quite proud that we managed to hold our ground during most of the day. We lost Bay near the end, but I hope the Commander left on the map will be able to retake it or maybe cause our enemies more trouble in some other way )

Good fight CiR and ThUn – the angle of your attack on Woodhaven… that was something ). And good fight Elona. I didn’t see what tags prevailed in your zerg, but your attacks on inner garrison gate under full protection made me sweat.

Kirn Blackdrake – GreenFire – Disorder League

in WvW

Posted by: kurim.9810

kurim.9810

Elona still unreachable. But FS guilds fought with great effort at this evening.

Attachments:

in WvW

Posted by: DrunkenChip.8504

DrunkenChip.8504

WTF – You need 5 commanders for one borderland :o

Most time we don’t use commander icons. Commanders deactivate it.

PS: Good Fight at Blacktide Borderlands.

Greetings from Elona

in WvW

Belfagor Diabolos.1940

I try to look on WvW from perspective military tactic . I like tactics apply by Elona ( 2-3 persons team mostly with Thief attacking supply, supply-lines & checkpoints, 10+ raids against Towers checking their defences ( if empty overtaking for points ) , keeping 1-2 watchmen’s in towers, and larger coordinated attacks against fortified positions, ).. so I’m quite jealous … Our Guild OLD is mostly PvX (100ppl – casual, 25+years old players ) so we struggle to have over 5ppl in WvW world but we try the best to counter this tactic …

Far Shiverpeaks [EU]

(edited by Moderator)

in WvW

Posted by: Bibi.6817

Bibi.6817

Just to clear up the “no golems” ….

I know this is DB, but its the same golems and same way to get them in :p

[CIR] Bibi Waffles
80 Mesmer

in WvW

Posted by: suprNovae.5410

suprNovae.5410

@Blacktide in most cases I don’t complain about a whole server but this case it’s different. I would say a big part of you is from Xaoc and sister guilds and you guys spy on other server! That is a fact. We showed you already some pictures. That are dirty methods to try to win. We actually don’t have an alliance with FS but i would say that at least me don’t like you really because of the spy thing.
In my opinion we appreciate Far Shiver the most for their skill and gameplay.

I know not everyone is from Xaoc but actually a big part is in their guild/sister guild/allaince and spying in this dimension is against every codex. We all want to win fair.

nethertheless gl & hf! We enjoy this round at least as much as you!

Clint B E Eastwood – Guardian
Callous Philosophy [LaG]
† Good Old Days [GD]

in WvW

Posted by: Same.4687

Same.4687

The only reason Blacktide, or more specific Xaoc, is doing this is because of a fued between Blacktide Russians and FSP Russians. They want to beat FSP to proof a point, they are however not doing a very good job…

in WvW

Posted by: lin.2814

lin.2814

Each server blame Xaoc in sometheng new . We dont use spyes,we have scouts on our objects , but that episode with man with Xaoc tag was realy funny joke. xD
Scandals, intrigues, investigation …

We actually don’t blame u in alliance with FS but u pressing us from 2 sides.

(edited by lin.2814)

in WvW

Posted by: Genev.2450

Genev.2450

For the people talking about unorganised zergs:
I think most of our organised groups are in the borderlands. I’ve also seen pretty organised enemy groups in the little i’ve played this weekend, so we/they Do exist, don’t worry :p

in WvW

Posted by: Myrmix.5460

Myrmix.5460

Thanks to the FS-Commanders, who run around solo. Got now my 10th Commander-Tag.
(There should be a title for finishing commanders)

in WvW

Belfagor Diabolos.1940

Hehe
Do we have alliance with Elona’s Reach … because if Yes then no-one inform Us …
I could say this same about alliance Elona’s Reach and Blacktide U both want to kill Us ( just kidding ) anyway on Saturday evening Blacktide help Elona’s Reach save SM when U start attacking our forces south from SM … things like this happens when U have 3 opponents ( U strike this one who is the weakest at the moment to score some points )…
Blacktide have a Russian and Polish community’s like we have on Far Shiverpeaks to, and a lot of them ( Guilds – players ) want to “shown” who is the best fighting each-other ….
This is a game we are enemy’s at the moment on battlefields but we don’t have to be a enemy’s on this forum …

Far Shiverpeaks [EU]

in WvW

Posted by: Tomasen.6013

Tomasen.6013

I was fighting from about 11 until 17 oclock today on Elonah Reach borderland and during that entire time we where constantly being attacked from both blacktide and elonah reach. (Im far shiverpeak)
I am kidding you not when i say that either bay keep, our starting tower or our suply camp was under constant attack for all those 6 hours.
During this entire fight blacktide and Elonah barely touched each other.
You (Xaoc) was the ones constantly attacking us 6 hours nonstop. Now dont get me wrong i had a blast of a time repelling both elonah and blacktide in the bay keep and trying to take back our border tower for hours, very good job holding it for so long btw, but telling that we gang up on you is pushing it, there where barely any sword on the map for the 6 hours i fought except for on our small third of the map.
Plz keep the record straight

Tomesmeren. AoA. Far Shiverpeaks

in WvW

Posted by: DrunkenChip.8504

DrunkenChip.8504

I think most of our organised groups are in the borderlands. I’ve also seen pretty organised enemy groups in the little i’ve played this weekend, so we/they Do exist, don’t worry :p

ehm

The people who build golems in front of an enemy tower :o ?

in WvW

Genev.2450

ehm

The people who build golems in front of an enemy tower :o ?

Haven’t you heard? Towers need overwhelming force.

in WvW

Posted by: Sird.4536

Sird.4536

Good stuff fellas.

I would like to defend our commanders. Sometimes they do things that make you think ‘wtf is he doing’ but you have to realise being a commander is not easy. We have a lot of commanders on FS and they need to be supported. Our guild leader is one and we all support him by being his eyes and ears. For the most part our commanders are good.

I’m saving up for commander myself.

P.s. can ER be a bit less organised and can thUn and CIR not be on the same BL as us xD

RP enthusiast

in WvW

Posted by: Reidir.6391

Reidir.6391

About XAOC spy “scandal”:
Would any real spy go there with XAOC tag? If it would be real spy he would represent some random (non wvw) guild or be guild-less. Him showing with XAOC tag only shows that it was one persons prank, not an organized operation.

in WvW

kurim.9810

BT strikes back
(pic from other forum)

Attachments:

in WvW

Posted by: Zero.8590

Zero.8590

Russia says “good morning”)

[Xaoc]
We need the whole world.

in WvW

Posted by: Romek.4201

Romek.4201

just the russian good morning zerg and will change back in next minutes^^

anyway i like the matchup so far – both enemys are “good” enemys

but have some question for you guys from reading this thread so far

1. you guys dont use teamspeak? how you comunicate? (someone wrote something like this)
2. your WvW make guilds or your server? (for me it looks like you guys have a lot good and cool guilds but they all do their own thing/focus)

in WvW

Posted by: Aevis.4061

Aevis.4061

BT strikes back
(pic from other forum)

Yeah our NPCs already complain that they always get bodied in the morning. Please, show some mercy! You know, they have feelings too.

Elona Reach [DE], Tamok [TA]

in WvW

Posted by: Scribbles.7493

Scribbles.7493

I think any talk of a server alliance is just people seeing what they want to see.

Blacktide – [CIR]
Crimson Imperium Reborn

in WvW

Kirn.3129

About Chaos spy scandal. On Goha forum members of Chaos denied that it was planned action. However, to my knowledge, this player is not kicked from the guild. Well, that’s what you have with Chaos – they will try everything to win, it is even in their rules. So there are spies watching for our commander marks, there are fake commanders, and they deliberately made their members to go for morning capping to get more points and have less fighting against FS.
In all honesty, I personally would love to ally with Elona, especially yesterday on FS map, when Elona pressed on Bay all day and BT just stole our camps, but then BT got more CiR and UnTh forces (nice guilds, probably best on BT, much better than any Chaos guild in terms of skill) and Elona decided to push on our garrison… and in the end Bay went to BT. And I blame Elona for it!! ))

Well, weekends showed who stands on what position. Now BT will try to morningcap like crazy while FS doesn’t have any online to get ahead. And we will still kick them during the evening.

in WvW

vipeout.2485

1. you guys dont use teamspeak? how you comunicate? (someone wrote something like this)

As far as i can tell each of guilds(or gamings like in our case) that actually care (and not just dummy-claim towers and do nothing with them) have their own TS3/Mumble servers.
But do we have a server-wide communication? Well we’re whispering other Guild Leaders or commanders, but either I don’t know about it (which would be a shame) or simply there is none.

2. your WvW make guilds or your server? (for me it looks like you guys have a lot good and cool guilds but they all do their own thing/focus)

Yeah, seems like to me the same. If we can pop 30 ppl we’re doing our business, but that’s not always possible – then we’re asking our commander to run with so called “randoms” and help us a bit. Sometimes they listen to the tactics, sometimes they follow commander and sometimes not. That’s another place where we could step up – almost everyone rushes on SM unorganized, even when commander says to not go there and defend the 4 trebus on our keep that shoot SM. Zerg dies, nobody defends trebus = another fail.

in WvW

kurim.9810

BT strikes back
(pic from other forum)

Yeah our NPCs already complain that they always get bodied in the morning. Please, show some mercy! You know, they have feelings too.

Sorry, but I’m from FS and now at work like most of russians.
I wonder how BT russians can play at this time and why they absent in the evening.

in WvW

Scribbles.7493

I believe it’s organized like that so we can spread our forces out for maximum timezone coverage.

Unfortunately that means we don’t have as strong coverage during the EU ‘primetime’, but that’s something we’re still working on. We’re hoping to recruit a couple more European WvW guilds so we can have a stronger primetime, and an American WvW guild or two to cover the EU nights.

Until then I think our goal is to stay in Tier 2 as much as possible. I think Elona’s Reach are going to place no. 1 in this matchup, but we should be able to reach 2nd place.

If only that matchup ‘live’ score site wasn’t down. It made theorycrafting potential endweek ratings so much easier. I think our timezone coverage trump card will come into play more during the midweek, as the other servers are forced to give away control and focus on primetime.

Blacktide – [CIR]
Crimson Imperium Reborn

(edited by Moderator)

in WvW

Posted by: Salian.4275

Salian.4275

Nice ight capping BT, hope you are proud of you self now……why don’t you all go and play with Desolation, it seems you have something to share

in WvW

Posted by: Koralun.6214

Koralun.6214

Well i want to play desolation
i want to see if they are rly as good as they claim, or as good as i think they are.
i rly must say the prime time fights with u are fun.

Koralun – Ranger
Alana Twain – Guardian
Elona Reach

in WvW

Posted by: Naikee.5936

Naikee.5936

About GreenFire/Nug and other russian guilds on FS. It’s a shame for you to say something about spying – your guys all weekends had spies in our TS and watched for our commanders mark. Well, that’s what you have with GN/Nug– they will try everything to win, it is even in their rules.

You can whine about your evening “skill” and about our morning cap as much as you want

Represented by [Xaoc]

in WvW

Posted by: Ajaxx.3157

Ajaxx.3157

I miss both Blacktide and Far Shiver soo much.

These 2 french server… their players just run.. no small fights.

Come back to us.

Lots of love Ajaxx – Desolation

Ajaxx – Warrior – [JuG] – Desolation [eu]

http://www.twitch.tv/irajaxx

in WvW

kurim.9810

You can whine about your evening “skill” and about our morning cap as much as you want

How it possible – a 3 week ago you have same prime-time as most russians (GMT+3) and now you play only in the morning? Looks like all Xaoc members was exiled in the Syberia =D

in WvW

Naikee.5936

We also miss good fights against Desolation and Seafarer

Represented by [Xaoc]

in WvW

Naikee.5936

How it possible – a 3 week ago you have same prime-time as most russians (GMT+3) and now you play only in the morning? Looks like all Xaoc members was exiled in the Syberia =D

Omg? We play the same time since 1 week match-up started. Its not depend on time-zone or something else – it’s a usual schedule for us. Just for the information – we have started to play in the morning in 2010/11 (Aika project).

But you can believe in anything you want)

Represented by [Xaoc]

in WvW

Kirn.3129

Yeah, I actually played Aika a bit during the same time as Chaos – and they also stole all relics there during the night while noone could defend them. Even though there they actually had the strength to fight any other nation during the day. Well, that’s how they play – running from actual battle and boasting about winning.
I too miss desolation. They had people during EU prime time, so we had people to fight with.

in WvW

Posted by: Syndic.4762

Syndic.4762

As I said before I would be very happy if we (Blacktide) managed to get 2nd place in this match-up. I think we have a lot to learn from Elona and Far Shiverpeaks, and in the long run we will be a lot stronger after this match-up.

Most people learn nothing when on a winning streak, the hard fun fights we’ve had in this match-up are definitely a learning experience for all of us. Our T2 match-up vs Elona & FS is on an entirely different level then the lower tiers, we must rise to this challenge together.

Also I wouldn’t say there is a “main guild” on Blacktide, all of us – CIR, ThUn, DkR, HRSY, INT, XAOC, WIC, HP, RUN, and others – benefit off each others strenghts and weaknesses. For example, I’d never put myself and CIR in charge of keep defense as we’re more likely to jump off the wall to kill a bunch of people then to do the sensible thing and build up lots of siege. Our main gripe with siege is that we can’t sit on a catapult and launch ourselves at the enemy.

Good fights so far, really hope it keeps up. Respect to GF / NUG / VcY / other notable guilds from FS, haven’t seen many Elona guilds stand out as much as their outstanding collective server organization.

[CIR]
Blacktide

in WvW

Posted by: Taz.3762

Taz.3762

Different week. Different server match ups. Same whining idiots.
Its even the same in the Seafarers/Kodash/Riverside thread.

First try and understand the concept of individual concept based on time zones.
I played till about 5am last night. For most of the “night” ER dominated every map. At 1 point a small group of us held 1 camp 1 tower ankittenep and we lost some of that.
To me ER are the night cappers but hey thats cool im not going to cry over it.
At about 4-5am Xaoc started logging in and recapping everything in sight. So to me an early morning cap. Wow its a 24/7 game. Some of you seem to think the servers should shut down when you guys go to bed??
From their point of view it was what 7-9am i guess. Wow seriously how terrible of them to play a game at that time of the morning!

They have realised its a 24/7 game and adapted to fit the needs of the server. Fair play to them. Must be boring as hell and im sure they would like some fights, which hopefully they will get later in the day.

The biggest thing for me is the amount of excellent fights in this tier to almost match Red Guards impressive display last week. Genuinely organised guilds or even excellent pug co-ordination….. none of whom appear to be on here whining their kitten kitten off.

Thanks to all the guys providing such WvW fun, like Syndic said we have really had to up our game. Promises to be a great week, try and enjoy it rather than whine your week away.

in WvW

Posted by: ZainAzhar.5308

ZainAzhar.5308

Score ATM guys ?

Mesmer – Churaill
Desolation [EU]

in WvW

Scribbles.7493

Syndic.4762

Our main gripe with siege is that we can’t sit on a catapult and launch ourselves at the enemy.

Warhammer Online false advertising!

Blacktide – [CIR]
Crimson Imperium Reborn

in WvW

Genev.2450

Total scores:
ER: 94 292
BT: 70 685
FSP: 58 652

PPT:
BT: 320
ER: 225
FSP: 150

in WvW

Posted by: Cunnart.6519

Cunnart.6519

Wow way to go BT that is a massive comeback. Hopefully we can keep it going.

ThUn-Black Tide EU
An american abroad.

in WvW

Scribbles.7493

Monday comeback nitro just kicked in yo.

Blacktide – [CIR]
Crimson Imperium Reborn