3/22 Dragonbrand/Sea of Sorrows/Yak's Bend

in WvW

Posted by: Kronyx.2570

Kronyx.2570

Does anyone know the guild Reforged Vanguard [ReVa] from Dragonbrand? They exploited into our NE tower, and the SE tower. No one frapsed it, but they literally walked in. And no, one of them was not a mesmer.

Rheayas – 80 Guardian
Guild Leader Of [LOOT]
Yaks Bend Allaince Commander [YBA]

(edited by Kronyx.2570)

in WvW

Posted by: MatthewCam.4391

MatthewCam.4391

Not sure about TSYM but I certainly see Fate, Fluf and Leet still going, thanks guys for sticking with us. This gap has even allowed new Commanders to have a go instead of running around LA

And to that Yaks Bend BV Mesmer always camping the jp you are one stubborn thorn in my side.

Sea of Sorrows | Lt Mc Muffin
Don’t worry the games still in Beta.

in WvW

Posted by: RockonHarder.7235

RockonHarder.7235

TSYM a fun target?

In the first 5 days we were in T3 I wracked up an amazing 8300 kills. Both YB and DB threw everything they had at us. It was fun, it was exciting, and it was definitely challenging.

In the last 7 days we wracked up about 430 kills. Rather than face the first challenge your tier gets in who knows how long, you chose to avoid us, and hit our homeland whenever we left it. Any time we took the field you scattered like roaches with the kitchen light turned on, and hit us where we weren’t. The ONLY decent challenge we had last match week was when BP was hammering us with everything they had while YB hit our hills the instant crossed swords showed. It was about 3 hours of run, wiping golems, defending massively one sided fights, and seeing great combat movements. The instant they took bay they moved, and joined in with the “dodge TSYM like we owe them money” initiative.

You had a solid chance to improve your team by facing mine. So yes, you can go back to your talentless ZvZ brawls, and BP I’m sure can go back to farming uncoordinated masses like its zombie land. Well go in search of a higher caliber of competition, one that might actually stay and fight!

How dare they!

How dare they avoid the OMG Zerg and go somewhere else to earn points for their server instead of feeding the OMG Zerg bags & bags of loot.

The nerve…

What i don’t understand is if they wanted to avoid the zerg why are they transfering to back up to the big servers again where there are even bigger zergs???

Deathmonger esq lvl 80 necro
DB forever!!

in WvW

Posted by: RockonHarder.7235

RockonHarder.7235

Two things i find funny About this forum thread.

First was of course that Tysm was getting burned for ditching Dragonbrand. By Blackgate no less.

Two “Daish” was getting laughed at even back then… the fun never stops with that guy.

Deathmonger esq lvl 80 necro
DB forever!!

in WvW

Posted by: EnRohbi.2187

EnRohbi.2187

I’ma reply to this again.

I knew there was something different about TSYM this time around.
When/why did their tag change from TSym to TSYM?

Dragonbrand

in WvW

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

What i don’t understand is if they wanted to avoid the zerg why are they transfering to back up to the big servers again where there are even bigger zergs???

Read what he wrote again, its DB that are purposefully avoiding them.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

in WvW

Posted by: Loki.4139

Loki.4139

Does anyone know the guild Reforged Vanguard [ReVa] from Dragonbrand? They exploited into our NE tower, and the SE tower. No one frapsed it, but they literally walked in. And no, one of them was not a mesmer.

I’ll look into this, I’ll let you know how it goes. Thanks for sharing.
Never heard of them before.

Lôkíi
Commander
[NNK]

in WvW

Posted by: Efface.8460

Efface.8460

Read what he wrote again, its DB that are purposefully avoiding them.

cuz forcing encounters is somehow rocket science? lol pls….straight amateur hour

in WvW

Posted by: Puddin Cheeks.8539

Puddin Cheeks.8539

The Cross-Eyed Norn with fellow Blue Haired Charr for the score update!

Its okay if its in a 3-way!

Attachments:

- Puddin Cheeks [W]
- [EA] Elephant Ambush
- DragonBrand since 8/25/12

in WvW

Posted by: azizul.8469

azizul.8469

so which server is TSym moving to ? SoR ?

Cutie Phantasmer/Farinas [HAX] – CD Casual
Archeage = Farmville with PK

in WvW

Posted by: nikkistar.1409

nikkistar.1409

And to that Yaks Bend BV Mesmer always camping the jp you are one stubborn thorn in my side.

Hahaha. That would be Albo Illusion Spam. lol

Wyre.7458 aka Rhock from CrimeThink:
Killing your own server people with the traps, and then rezzing them with a sliver of health, makes your entire guild look terrible. The fact that you spent 10 minutes doing that to multiple people on your own server, speaks volumes about you.

[Yak’s Bend] [BV] Blackwater ‘Buttwater’ Vanguard – Leader
Ele/Nanumee – Mez/Boba Bunny – Thief/Star Shadowfang

(edited by nikkistar.1409)

in WvW

Posted by: Beyondthelol.9504

Beyondthelol.9504

TSYM a fun target?

In the first 5 days we were in T3 I wracked up an amazing 8300 kills. Both YB and DB threw everything they had at us. It was fun, it was exciting, and it was definitely challenging.

In the last 7 days we wracked up about 430 kills. Rather than face the first challenge your tier gets in who knows how long, you chose to avoid us, and hit our homeland whenever we left it. Any time we took the field you scattered like roaches with the kitchen light turned on, and hit us where we weren’t. The ONLY decent challenge we had last match week was when BP was hammering us with everything they had while YB hit our hills the instant crossed swords showed. It was about 3 hours of run, wiping golems, defending massively one sided fights, and seeing great combat movements. The instant they took bay they moved, and joined in with the “dodge TSYM like we owe them money” initiative.

You had a solid chance to improve your team by facing mine. So yes, you can go back to your talentless ZvZ brawls, and BP I’m sure can go back to farming uncoordinated masses like its zombie land. Well go in search of a higher caliber of competition, one that might actually stay and fight!

Hey anyone in TSYM would you guys be interested in an evenly matched GvG verses Terror [TG]? We love to be humbled, and would post the results for everyone to see on the forums . Think about it and talk to me in game if you want to show your prowess!

This
TG would love to take the variables out of the equation and see if TYSM is actually as good as its been said, or if culling has been accountable for your victories.

Aramir Hellforge
Terror [TG]
Dragonbrand

(edited by Beyondthelol.9504)

in WvW

Posted by: coronbale.3894

coronbale.3894

Good fights out there TG and a few others.

That underwater fight was particularly epic, keep it up all!

Leader of [TSym]
Sea of Sorrows
IGN – Coron

in WvW

Posted by: Trixanna.4680

Trixanna.4680

With all the good fights Yaks and SOS are bringing us on Dragonbrand.. Our wvw population is climbing. Thanks for bringing out the good fights.

in WvW

Posted by: Azure Prower.8701

Azure Prower.8701

Time for another score update and Dragonbrand is dominating Eternal Battlegrounds at the moment.

Attachments:

in WvW

EnRohbi.2187

Exciting fights going on right now

Dragonbrand

in WvW

Posted by: Itukaaj.5628

Itukaaj.5628

Enjoying the fights. /salute to both SoS and DB.

Ayjay Reckless-necro
YOHO (A Pirates Life for Me)

in WvW

Posted by: Redfield.6174

Redfield.6174

Time for some Supply Runs!

Attachments:

[BP] Necromancer
Dragonbrand Server

in WvW

Redfield.6174

Ok. This is serious kitten now.

Attachments:

[BP] Necromancer
Dragonbrand Server

in WvW

Posted by: Eviator.9746

Eviator.9746

DB brought in a huge zerg to its/our BL.

A few minutes later, most went to Yak’s and ALL of YB came to DB BL. DB is looking for a big fight, so go back to your battlelands, YB!

Attachments:

Sheldor the Eidetic (Group Engi) | Shorty McShinkicker (Solo Engi) |Turanga (Solo Mes)
Doing what I can for DB during EU primetime

(edited by Eviator.9746)

in WvW

EnRohbi.2187

DB brought in a huge zerg to stop YB from taking our BL.

A few minutes later, most went to Yak’s and ALL of YB came to DB BL. DB is looking for a big fight, so go back to your battlelands, YB!

I don’t know “stop YB from taking our BL” was our goal.

Dragonbrand

in WvW

Posted by: Strippling.3524

Strippling.3524

Can a representative from Win Everyday [WE] on DB message me in game please

Talons [BT]

in WvW

Posted by: Caliburn.1845

Caliburn.1845

Can a representative from Win Everyday [WE] on DB message me in game please

Check your in-game mail-box.

Caliburn.1845, Monsters Inc.
Darkhaven>Dragonbrand>Blackgate>Maguuma>Yaks Bend>Stormbluff Isle>Yaks Bend

in WvW

Posted by: Facet.5914

Facet.5914

Serious props to Yaks tonight in DB BL, esp Me/CL (rest of guilds sorry to many tags lol).
Think I can say for all of BP that was some intense fights, 50+ BP vs 150’s Yaks ez.
Fights going back and forth, after we wiped one large group another 60+ take their place, till it became an ocean of red names and we slowly fall.

Hope you enjoyed the loot bags, we did too.
Cheers!!! See you next raid.

Its natural for both sides to feel outnumbered when such large numbers are involved, but you can’t even pretend to have been outnumbered by any significant margin in those fights. I’m not going to stand here and declare that YB prevailed against 3-to-1 odds even though that’s how the rendering sometimes made it appear from our point of view. We both had a queue, and indeed, those were good fights.

Yaks Bend [SoF] [Me] [One]
Sea of Sorrows [All]

(edited by Facet.5914)

in WvW

Posted by: Porky.5021

Porky.5021

Serious props to Yaks tonight in DB BL, esp Me/CL (rest of guilds sorry to many tags lol).
Think I can say for all of BP that was some intense fights, 50+ BP vs 150’s Yaks ez.
Fights going back and forth, after we wiped one large group another 60+ take their place, till it became an ocean of red names and we slowly fall.

Hope you enjoyed the loot bags, we did too.
Cheers!!! See you next raid.

I always like these posts.

“Great fights! Props to you! Was tough killing the 250 of you with 50 of us! Nice job!”

Overlord Of [NAKY]
SOS Spy Team Commander [SPY]

in WvW

Posted by: ElDudemeister.5108

ElDudemeister.5108

I don’t know about the rest of you guys, but yesterday after the patch was one of the most fun times I’ve ever had in WvW.

in WvW

Posted by: Facet.5914

Facet.5914

Its natural for both sides to feel outnumbered when such large numbers are involved, but you can’t even pretend to have been outnumbered by any significant margin in those fights. I’m not going to stand here and declare that YB prevailed against 3-to-1 odds even though that’s how the rendering sometimes made it appear from our point of view. We both had a queue, and indeed, those were good fights.

O boy, I wished I took some screenshots when we fought just north-east of south hills gate, we chased you Me guys their and as we were butting heads, we look behind at sally port, and a wave 2x your size just comes up, sandwiching us. Would of been a great screen. O well next time. (crossing my fingers if someone in guild was recording tonight).

We had maybe 20 for that fight, we ran that way because you had built siege overlooking the approach to mid inner gate, you were quite foolish to string yourselves out by following us around that corner, as once you did we pounced, and the excellent initiation allowed us to successfully engage your superior numbers. As that was happening about 30 dudes from other guilds arrived but were completely oblivious to the urgent situation because the gate was closed, so they spent 20s killing the flame rams (we were displeased). But eventually they did come through the gate and help us finish you guys off, after which given the numbers by that time, it was easy to push off the 20+ of you that had stayed in front of mid inner.

To me the most amusing episode from last night was at Southeast tower, if only for the fact that Krew obviously never told you guys about the ballistas in the courtyard. They had wiped there before the update, you guys wiped there after the update in approximately the same manner.

Yaks Bend [SoF] [Me] [One]
Sea of Sorrows [All]

in WvW

Posted by: Hadan.2841

Hadan.2841

I dont think i was on for the “krew wiping in tower” lol. We ran thru yak bls and our bls and the one time We encoutered a yak zerg on our bls and wiped them you guys left and didnt comeback til we moved to another bls.

Leader/Driver of Krew/MR

in WvW

Posted by: Serophous.9085

Serophous.9085

Its natural for both sides to feel outnumbered when such large numbers are involved, but you can’t even pretend to have been outnumbered by any significant margin in those fights. I’m not going to stand here and declare that YB prevailed against 3-to-1 odds even though that’s how the renderingsometimes made it appear from our point of view. We both had a queue, and indeed, those were good fights.

O boy, I wished I took some screenshots when we fought just north-east of south hills gate, we chased you Me guys their and as we were butting heads, we look behind at sally port, and a wave 2x your size just comes up, sandwiching us. Would of been a great screen. O well next time. (crossing my fingers if someone in guild was recording tonight).

We had maybe 20 for that fight, we ran that way because you had built siege overlooking the approach to mid inner gate, you were quite foolish to string yourselves out by following us around that corner, as once you did we pounced, and the excellent initiation allowed us to successfully engage your superior numbers. As that was happening about 30 dudes from other guilds arrived but were completely oblivious to the urgent situation because the gate was closed, so they spent 20s killing the flame rams (we were displeased). But eventually they did come through the gate and help us finish you guys off, after which given the numbers by that time, it was easy to push off the 20+ of you that had stayed in front of mid inner.

To me the most amusing episode from last night was at Southeast tower, if only for the fact that Krew obviously never told you guys about the ballistas in the courtyard. They had wiped there before the update, you guys wiped there after the update in approximately the same manner.

I was on a ballista the second time. I saw a zerg, then the zerg was gone :p.

in WvW

Posted by: Kovu.7560

Kovu.7560

Yaks at SMC, SoS at Keep. This is going to be a rough night. =O

~ Kovu

Attachments:

Charr Ranger, Necromancer, Thief
Fort Aspenwood. [CREW], [TLC], [ShW], [UNIV]

in WvW

Posted by: Seren.6850

Seren.6850

with the culling removed it’s scary how many NNK there are

SoS original -“They mostly come out at night … mostly”
[FIRE] Serene Snow, Warrior

in WvW

Posted by: Haru Kane.4623

Haru Kane.4623

Our loot bags couldn’t cull fast enough, take care SoS, lol.

in WvW

Posted by: Seren.6850

Seren.6850

it’s like watching the world war z trailer

SoS original -“They mostly come out at night … mostly”
[FIRE] Serene Snow, Warrior

in WvW

Kovu.7560

Dat golem rush…

in WvW

Posted by: Lead.1784

Lead.1784

Dat golem rush…

Oh yeah, you liked those Omegas? Courtesy of TSym my friend.

[IRON]Opy-Necromancer/Warrior
Sanctum of Rall

in WvW

Posted by: magikfox.9658

magikfox.9658

Haha, I remember this one! You guys should learn how to count, it defs wasn’t 80, haha. But we definently out numbered us. A prime example of how an organised team can take out a zergy pug group. I don’t believe it was a wipe at all, but nice work nonetheless. But funny how you didn’t add the part where you got finished off at the lords room. Wasn’t too long afterwards.

Can you upload that one where you guys snuck into the back of bay in the water and got wiped, I like that one a lot, lol.

And that golem rush was completely hillarious. Hopefully someone fraps that! haha

Song The Fox
~(-_-~) RALL (~`3`)~
[FOX]

in WvW

Posted by: Fatali.4819

Fatali.4819

Good fight last night on SoS BL. Our team of five got into inner bay only to be pushed back by the only 7 SoS remaining on the map after a long fight in inner. We eventually busted back in thanks to some catas that were left there by another force hours ago.

We were surprised to find a bunch of our siege sitting around inside (and outside) bay left over from whenever we held it last. Not sure why it was left there, and really not sure why it didn’t despawn.

in WvW

Haru Kane.4623

Can you upload that one where you guys snuck into the back of bay in the water and got wiped, I like that one a lot, lol.

And that golem rush was completely hillarious. Hopefully someone fraps that! haha

Yeah, I remember all of those, we had 15 vs your 25+. I’m glad you think so highly of [TG], I mean if the enemy expects us to win with those odds it must say something about us — good fights though, we had a blast fighting SoS.

in WvW

Posted by: Omnitek.3876

Omnitek.3876

Dat golem rush…

Supreme Commander A L T S, the one true Lord and savior looked upon the land you mere mortals call EB. I saw a T3 SM and heard the prayers of the loyal SoS followers. I gifted upon them the means to take the castle in my name.

I am the Alpha and Omega (golems) the beginning and the end of keeps. It was hardly my greatest work, only 8 omegas, but I am proud. I didn’t even take part due to crashing when we got to the wall.

Yes there was video. Glad everyone had some fun last night.

Love,
Supreme Commander [TSym] A L T S
Lord of Omegas

A L T S
Skritt Happens

in WvW

Posted by: Elano.2014

Elano.2014

It was fun in the YB garrison 10 minutes ago!

in WvW

Posted by: Calvin.5380

Calvin.5380

It was fun in the YB garrison 10 minutes ago!

Yes, what a battle! Multiple wipes on either side, great tactics… and lots of lootz

Thanks YB for the entertainment. You guys have our respect.

Dragonbrand

in WvW

Posted by: magikfox.9658

magikfox.9658

Yeah, I remember all of those, we had 15 vs your 25+. I’m glad you think so highly of [TG], I mean if the enemy expects us to win with those odds it must say something about us — good fights though, we had a blast fighting SoS.

Haha, you guys don’t have the reputation you think ,or hope, you do. But you guys are pretty good. If anything the fights are a ball, and you guys don’t back down from a challenge. It’s one thing being able to wipe someone over and over, but it’s being wiped and having the guts to get back on the field. Keep up the good work, lads.

Song The Fox
~(-_-~) RALL (~`3`)~
[FOX]

(edited by magikfox.9658)

in WvW

Posted by: Caffeine.6724

Caffeine.6724

Curious of everyone’s opinion (including those not on Yak’s Bend) I recently retured to GW2, and my friends decided to make it there objective to get me to try and command, or rather “lead”.. So what I’m really curious of is, how does one go about getting into the loop of commanding some WvW? As far as getting people to trust etc? I’ve lead many many zergs/groups etc in many games, namely DAoC for the past 5 yrs or so, so i know what I’m doing, just curious how to go about getting the community to listen/follow. Should i just run with my tag on for the next few days and lead whoever decides to follow?

Odd question i know, and a bit of a rant. but any help is appriciated.

Cheers
-Focusd

Frocusd 80 Engineer

in WvW

Kovu.7560

Not going to lie, some notoriety will help. Commanding on the server, making the name behind the blue dorito known, as well as joining a wvw focused guild definitely helps.

Regardless, turning the tag on in a map with no other commanders and leading whomever decides to follow through strategic means that doesn’t result in their constantly getting wiped is a good start. Anyone can learn the game, and really most are quite capable of commanding.

Just don’t get too irritated when the pugs don’t always do exactly what you want. In the end, pugs gonna pug.

I’d post personal experiences, but I’m falling asleep. XD

~ Kovu

in WvW

Caffeine.6724

Haha yea, that’s what i figured. Managed to get on for an hour or so after work tonight, and lead about 5-6 people around the map capping supplies, trying to be as useful as we could, while avoiding the zergs etc. (soon as i touched bay, it spewed SoS >:| ) I guess with any game, it takes time for others to follow, and trust you, so i don’t expect much. Perhaps itll change when i have my 2-3 friends online following me, helping to gather peeps etc.

As far as the guild thing, I’m undecided as to what Ill do with that, I’ve created my own for now, if anything to put up +supply etc on camps when i feel i want to etc.

Frocusd 80 Engineer

in WvW

Posted by: Markan.3460

Markan.3460

Curious of everyone’s opinion (including those not on Yak’s Bend)

If I can infer from that that you are on YB I would head over to the community forums (www.yaksbend.com) as well and say hi. Most of the better known commanders hang out there and it will help you get into the loop.

Bottom line though is, as you said, spend time leading and if it goes well people will come to trust your leadership

The Older Gamers – Yak’s Bend

in WvW

Caffeine.6724

Appriciate the advice. I went ahead and took your advice Markan and made a post on the yak’s bend forums. Providing a link below for those interested, or that wanna troll me. :P

http://www.yaksbend.com/index.php/topic,1789.0.html

Frocusd 80 Engineer

in WvW

Haru Kane.4623

Haha, you guys don’t have the reputation you think ,or hope, you do. But you guys are pretty good. If anything the fights are a ball, and you guys don’t back down from a challenge. It’s one thing being able to wipe someone over and over, but it’s being wiped and having the guts to get back on the field. Keep up the good work, lads.

Sure, you may be right, but I feel like leaving it here is probably best, we’re starting to become those two kids fighting for first in a race that doesn’t matter. Good luck on your new server

in WvW

Posted by: Azure Prower.8701

Azure Prower.8701

Score updates from the recently retaken Sea of Sorrows keep.

Attachments:

in WvW

Redfield.6174

Man… last night was the best fight I have seen.

I don’t care if there are 3 server on this role, Tier 3 is Dragonbrand vs Yak’s Bend!

The highlights go to the incredile deffense on the Garrison @ Yak’s home borderland and the 40 minuts battle at the inner gate.

Despite the patch at the prime time of WvW that was an amazing night.

Here goes my score update.

Attachments:

[BP] Necromancer
Dragonbrand Server