3/8 - JQ/SoR/BG

3/8 - JQ/SoR/BG

in WvW

Posted by: pot.6805

pot.6805

I totally understand SoR’s position this week, just head hunting to try to stay in Tier 1, even though they don’t belong here, as their score keeps showing they just don’t have the coverage to compete. I would think that if they where really double teaming BG because a few guilds on our server ran their mouth, that they would negotiate a place in second. Unfortunately not the case, so who knows what is really happening behind the scenes. But there you go, SoR 0 ppt, 11pm server time.

I read all the bad talk about BeastGate, and I am not going to respond to it, I just want to point out that we took on the #1 server in north america, we are fighting off their pet dogs at the same time and we still hold a strong second position in Tier 1, good job to everybody on BG that is spending so many hours every day in WvW to make the difference, and to all of our commanders out there, and all of our amazing WvW guilds that fight regardless of what anybody says.

Can’t wait until we push SoR into the tier they belong in and we match up with Kaineng again. I’ve been missing me some War Machine fights.

We belong here because their is no other world that can compete with us over time besides JQ (and BG for the moment). If someone else moves up, we will be solid in T2 and someone above us will fall and we’ll be right back in T1 again. Afaik there are only two consistent servers, JQ and SOR. We are the only who have have not fallen below T2 since our rise. Maybe thats due to some sort of loyalty characteristic.

If history repeats, SOR will eventually get some more coverage, beat BG, and BG bandwagoners will fall off causing them to fall down again. Much like SOS, IOJ and others.

What do you mean “for the moment” when mentioning BG? You forgot BG in your list of consistent servers, we’ve already survived fall from T1 before. We’ve never fallen more then one ranking spot in how many months? We dust the dirt off our shoulder and keep it moving.

If we were going to implode, don’t you think it would have happened already?

BeeGee
Beast mode

3/8 - JQ/SoR/BG

in WvW

Posted by: buki.3108

buki.3108

I think JQ/BG are trying to make SoR quit due to boredom. There’s nothing to kill ._.

Your entire home bl was green for three plus hours during NA prime time which so many on your server like to say it is the best at.

Our home BL was queue’d. The other 3 maps was nothing but BG/JQ hiding in keeps. We even left the walls dowkittenM for you guys, but nobody came to play duck duck goose with us…! You guys are really anti-social/boring lol.

3/8 - JQ/SoR/BG

in WvW

Posted by: urzen.7096

urzen.7096

I totally understand SoR’s position this week, just head hunting to try to stay in Tier 1, even though they don’t belong here, as their score keeps showing they just don’t have the coverage to compete. I would think that if they where really double teaming BG because a few guilds on our server ran their mouth, that they would negotiate a place in second. Unfortunately not the case, so who knows what is really happening behind the scenes. But there you go, SoR 0 ppt, 11pm server time.

I read all the bad talk about BeastGate, and I am not going to respond to it, I just want to point out that we took on the #1 server in north america, we are fighting off their pet dogs at the same time and we still hold a strong second position in Tier 1, good job to everybody on BG that is spending so many hours every day in WvW to make the difference, and to all of our commanders out there, and all of our amazing WvW guilds that fight regardless of what anybody says.

Can’t wait until we push SoR into the tier they belong in and we match up with Kaineng again. I’ve been missing me some War Machine fights.

We belong here because their is no other world that can compete with us over time besides JQ (and BG for the moment). If someone else moves up, we will be solid in T2 and someone above us will fall and we’ll be right back in T1 again. Afaik there are only two consistent servers, JQ and SOR. We are the only who have have not fallen below T2 since our rise. Maybe thats due to some sort of loyalty characteristic.

If history repeats, SOR will eventually get some more coverage, beat BG, and BG bandwagoners will fall off causing them to fall down again. Much like SOS, IOJ and others.

What do you mean “for the moment” when mentioning BG? You forgot BG in your list of consistent servers, we’ve already survived fall from T1 before. We’ve never fallen more then one ranking spot in how many months? We dust the dirt off our shoulder and keep it moving.

Youre right, you did only drop to 4th. I was thinking of HOD I think. Make that 3 consistent servers then. Point being SOR deserves third. And we dont mind proving it in t2 again. Whoever takes our place in t1 will have the same problems, implode, and we’ll be right back in it.

Sanctum of Rall

3/8 - JQ/SoR/BG

in WvW

Posted by: Zen.8497

Zen.8497

You have to keep in mind that BG it is not the same server since all the new transfers. They are the reason you are the 2nd stacked server but they are not there for the second place. That has proven to be a problem unless you can secure first place. Nobody has yet survived a mass of transfers out of their server.

Grand Emperor Of Common Sense

3/8 - JQ/SoR/BG

in WvW

Posted by: hex.3218

hex.3218

Youre right, you did only drop to 4th. I was thinking of HOD I think. Make that 3 consistent servers then. Point being SOR deserves third. And we dont mind proving it in t2 again. Whoever takes our place in t1 will have the same problems, implode, and we’ll be right back in it.

Whoever comes into 3rd would need some serious reenforcements to do any better than SoR, I agree. But you never know what could happen. SoS NEVER would have thought they’d have a mass exodus with transfers costing money. BG didn’t expect to get that huge boost either.

Either way, at some point, one of the servers from 3 to 5 will fold and their guilds will end up either on BG to get them on top or on SoR/Kaening to solidify a permanent 2nd and 3rd place contender.

Heck, the March update might turn any server out there into a waking giant. If even 15% of a server’s PvE population starts to WvW on a regular basis, there would be a huge shift.

Even more likely, March 26th comes and goes with only a faint wimper and people jump to new games, sending one if not all of the top servers down to lower tiers.

If we’ve learned on thing so far it’s to expect the oppositve of what seems likely.

Calm Little Buddy
JQQ

3/8 - JQ/SoR/BG

in WvW

Posted by: Samhayn.2385

Samhayn.2385

I think SoR is getting tired of this tier, I know of a few people who are. It’s more of a game issue thou. Maps to small to easy to move a Zerg around and what not. Last night on BGBL my guild was running 10 people if we took a camp 30-40 Icoa would show up to take it back almost instantly. There is literally nothing you can do about it. We would get portal bombed and again even aoeing the portal does nothing due to the limits on AoE. Smaller groups have no way of competing so if people don’t show up to fight you lose, you lose enough less people show up to fight.

Maybe if we drop down a tier this will be less of a problem. But I don’t think Kain has a chance up here either JQ and BG are just to stacked ATM and the game rewards Zerg play over anything else.

It was 2 vs 20 but its ok we got’em both!

3/8 - JQ/SoR/BG

in WvW

Posted by: Orikx.9671

Orikx.9671

I don’t know that this is accurate. SoR hasn’t been pushed into a lower tier yet to even be tested in that way. Do I think we will implode? No, but you can’t say JQ and SoR are the only two consistent servers when we haven’t even been tested that way. BG has fallen out of T1 a few times and pushed back in so they have been tested in that way.

As far as facing loses and continuing to fight hard SoR and JQ are both on a level of their own in that aspect.

As far as Kain in T1. They are no more T1 ready then SoR is. There are only two servers with T1 coverage at the moment. Which is pretty typical of GW2 NA servers. We tend to have two T1 coverage servers and 3 or 4 T2 servers that get swapped around.

Kain is strong in 1 time zone just like SoR. They will be able to fight hard to get ppt during that time but then get wrecked in the other time zones like we do. The BG people that think it will be so much different with Kain in T1 are the same people that think they are constantly getting 2v1’d. Since the BG/Kain/TC match was so friendly they expect Kain to help them take out JQ.

The real test will be to see how Kain does after facing a losing battle in T1. They haven’t really had to face loses yet other then two weeks to BG but they knew BG would soon be going to T1 and they would be the top server in T2. Being the bottom server and no where to do but down has been to much to take for many servers before them.

Orikx
Sanctum of Rall

3/8 - JQ/SoR/BG

in WvW

pot.6805

You have to keep in mind that BG it is not the same server since all the new transfers. They are the reason you are the 2nd stacked server but they are not there for the second place. That has proven to be a problem unless you can secure first place. Nobody has yet survived a mass of transfers out of their server.

Yes BG is the same server. It is still the same community here and that same fighting spirit. I am active on BG in both game and its community. The new transfers have fit in well and there has been no problems. Do you even Beastgate bro?

BeeGee
Beast mode

3/8 - JQ/SoR/BG

in WvW

Posted by: Israel.7056

Israel.7056

BG is closing the point gap with JQ.

I think all we need is a few more big guilds in our relatively weaker timezones to be in position to take 1st place in overall points.

3/8 - JQ/SoR/BG

in WvW

Zen.8497

Yes BG is the same server. It is still the same community here and that same fighting spirit. I am active on BG in both game and its community. The new transfers have fit in well and there has been no problems. Do you even Beastgate bro?

If you think that your new transfers left their own server and moved onto BG not to get to the first place but just because you are nice guys you might have a problem when reality sets in. You can accept the truth or be in denial that is your choice bro.

3/8 - JQ/SoR/BG

in WvW

Posted by: Miiaah.5416

Miiaah.5416

I don’t know that this is accurate. SoR hasn’t been pushed into a lower tier yet to even be tested in that way. Do I think we will implode? No, but you can’t say JQ and SoR are the only two consistent servers when we haven’t even been tested that way. BG has fallen out of T1 a few times and pushed back in so they have been tested in that way.

As far as facing loses and continuing to fight hard SoR and JQ are both on a level of their own in that aspect.

As far as Kain in T1. They are no more T1 ready then SoR is. There are only two servers with T1 coverage at the moment. Which is pretty typical of GW2 NA servers. We tend to have two T1 coverage servers and 3 or 4 T2 servers that get swapped around.

Kain is strong in 1 time zone just like SoR. They will be able to fight hard to get ppt during that time but then get wrecked in the other time zones like we do. The BG people that think it will be so much different with Kain in T1 are the same people that think they are constantly getting 2v1’d. Since the BG/Kain/TC match was so friendly they expect Kain to help them take out JQ.

The real test will be to see how Kain does after facing a losing battle in T1. They haven’t really had to face loses yet other then two weeks to BG but they knew BG would soon be going to T1 and they would be the top server in T2. Being the bottom server and no where to do but down has been to much to take for many servers before them.

I think people are excited about Kain in T1 because they have numbers where numbers are needed to keep JQ in check, Kain also has no reason to keep BG from taking PPT from JQ when Kain is weak in coverage. There’s only one way to find out, hopefully it happens before most get bored with the stagnation of JQ fielding numbers wherever and whenever they want, BG trying to de-throne JQ and SoR doing what it can from stopping BG from taking first from JQ. Kain would bring a refreshing change in that I feel they would like to make the monster work for their wins.

Blackgate
Mesmer/Warrior/Thief/ele

3/8 - JQ/SoR/BG

in WvW

Posted by: rchu.8945

rchu.8945

It is funny to see all the crying on the forums. I have been in some 1v1 with some JQ only to have SF roll up with 20 people to wipe me.

lol, +1.

Sanctum of Rall
Pain Train Choo [Choo]
Mind Smack – Mesmer

3/8 - JQ/SoR/BG

in WvW

Israel.7056

If you think that your new transfers left their own server and moved onto BG not to get to the first place but just because you are nice guys you might have a problem when reality sets in. You can accept the truth or be in denial that is your choice bro.

But they are moving towards first place. They are closer now than they were when they moved away from SoS.

I won’t pretend to know what our recent transfers will do in the coming months but if they’re using your reasoning to determine whether to stay or leave then I imagine they’ll stay.

3/8 - JQ/SoR/BG

in WvW

Posted by: Samhayn.2385

Samhayn.2385

I think people are excited about Kain in T1 because they have numbers where numbers are needed to keep JQ in check, Kain also has no reason to keep BG from taking PPT from JQ when Kain is weak in coverage. There’s only one way to find out, hopefully it happens before most get bored with the stagnation of JQ fielding numbers wherever and whenever they want, BG trying to de-throne JQ and SoR doing what it can from stopping BG from taking first from JQ. Kain would bring a refreshing change in that I feel they would like to make the monster work for their wins.

I love how BG thinks we are JQs lap dogs. If you think we go after BG to help JQ stay in first your mistaken we fight JQ as much as we fight BG. If we had some grand plan don’t you think we would be in 2nd? It’s a three way fight you take the points you can and you go where you have the best chance of winning. So who ever is fielding the least amount of people is normally the one who is goi g to get stomped on. Every server feels like they are being double teamed now and then. Best part of this is if/when SoR isn’t in tier 1 any more you folks will just say the same stuff about the new server.

It was 2 vs 20 but its ok we got’em both!

3/8 - JQ/SoR/BG

in WvW

Posted by: drwookie.6391

drwookie.6391

Since you seem to have wonderful inside knowledge of the workings of JQ, could you put me in touch with your contact? I would have LOVED to be able to “[field] numbers wherever and whenever [I] want” yesterday when I was on. Trying to get a group going in BGBL (when we owned nothing), it took more than 15 minutes just to get 10 to start the breakout event.

And please stop with the stupid statements like “SoR doing what it can from stopping BG…”. It’s tired, and it honestly just makes you seem like an idiot. Grow up, get out on the battlefield and fight.

3/8 - JQ/SoR/BG

in WvW

Posted by: Sardonia.8196

Sardonia.8196

Score update would be nice for those at work

3/8 - JQ/SoR/BG

in WvW

pot.6805

Score update for you!

Attachments:

BeeGee
Beast mode

3/8 - JQ/SoR/BG

in WvW

Zen.8497

But they are moving towards first place. They are closer now than they were when they moved away from SoS.

I won’t pretend to know what our recent transfers will do in the coming months but if they’re using your reasoning to determine whether to stay or leave then I imagine they’ll stay.

Actually if you remember the transfers started after few weeks of SoS coming second place so basically, ranking wise, they are back in the same place.
I just look at the facts and I call it like I see it. Also, thank you for looking at this with an open mind.

3/8 - JQ/SoR/BG

in WvW

Posted by: Skysophrenic.6378

Skysophrenic.6378

I’m surprised that the thread hasn’t been closed yet.

Let’s make it a little happier – What did/do you plan to have for lunch today?

Deep Fried Chicken
[Choo] PainTrainChoo
[Envy]

3/8 - JQ/SoR/BG

in WvW

Posted by: Midnightjade.3520

Midnightjade.3520

There’s definitely a coverage issue. I am on JQ and was off work yesterday and Tuesday with a cold (I blame my kids!). I was able to run a character from 0 to 100% completion Tuesday afternoon EST in BG BL. Yesterday I did the same for SoR BL. And subsequently on both days, all of the EB map except two POI and a vista. Curse you Blue Keep!

Once NA primetime rolled around, everything went back to much more even scores on all maps. The situation changes drastically between Asian, EU and NA timezones.

Onyx: Norn Guardian 80. Queen in Tatters: Asura Mesmer 80.
[The Flameseeker Prophecies] 4/11/13
Itinerant, no guild.

3/8 - JQ/SoR/BG

in WvW

Posted by: Fuzzion.2504

Fuzzion.2504

I plan to eat little BG asuran children in Mayo and tartar sauce for lunch today.

Fuzzionx [SF]
Guest member of [LOVE]
JQ official Prime Minister

3/8 - JQ/SoR/BG

in WvW

Posted by: Im Not Braxton.6283

Im Not Braxton.6283

Since you seem to have wonderful inside knowledge of the workings of JQ, could you put me in touch with your contact? I would have LOVED to be able to “[field] numbers wherever and whenever [I] want” yesterday when I was on. Trying to get a group going in BGBL (when we owned nothing), it took more than 15 minutes just to get 10 to start the breakout event.

And please stop with the stupid statements like “SoR doing what it can from stopping BG…”. It’s tired, and it honestly just makes you seem like an idiot. Grow up, get out on the battlefield and fight.

There is no need for name calling. I know it’s growing tiresome, I can see the stress hitting on all three servers. But we are all in tier one. We should show both of the other servers respect. We all made it. We all are here to have fun. There is no need for all the hate for no reason.

Braxton The Ele – Elementalist
Blackgate – [GoF]

3/8 - JQ/SoR/BG

in WvW

Miiaah.5416

I can’t count the times BG has been taking a Hills, Bay or Garrison from JQ successfully and here comes the SoR zerg from the opposite side of a map to slow down BG when they could have taken one of those 3 targets and possibly 2 while BG/JQ battle. I get the tactic and it’s a great tactic when playing for the win. But when you can count the amount of times SoR has attacked JQ zerging BG on the hand of a High School wood shop teacher, then things become obvious and it has nothing to do with 2v1.

Taking down JQ is going to take a 2v1 for an extended period of time at some point, that point being Thursday of week 1 of JQ/SoR/BG, they brought out the calvary and Kain has coverage when it was needed most to slow down JQ. But then again JQ couldn’t field any numbers from Wed-Fri week 1 of JQ/SoR/BG could they most intelligent one.

Blackgate
Mesmer/Warrior/Thief/ele

3/8 - JQ/SoR/BG

in WvW

Posted by: omegaweltall.5619

omegaweltall.5619

Some chicken-fried SoR with a side of grilled JQ.

and for any TC guys reading this tread, I had a nice fresh and juicy yak steak last night. yum

Tyr Fuzzybutt, of the Fuzzy Warband

|Blackgate|

3/8 - JQ/SoR/BG

in WvW

drwookie.6391

I can’t count the times BG has been taking a Hills, Bay or Garrison from JQ successfully and here comes the SoR zerg from the opposite side of a map to slow down BG when they could have taken one of those 3 targets and possibly 2 while BG/JQ battle. I get the tactic and it’s a great tactic when playing for the win. But when you can count the amount of times SoR has attacked JQ zerging BG on the hand of a High School wood shop teacher, then things become obvious and it has nothing to do with 2v1.

Taking down JQ is going to take a 2v1 for an extended period of time at some point, that point being Thursday of week 1 of JQ/SoR/BG, they brought out the calvary and Kain has coverage when it was needed most to slow down JQ. But then again JQ couldn’t field any numbers from Wed-Fri week 1 of JQ/SoR/BG could they most intelligent one.

I would not argue that JQ overall has the best numbers, and the least coverage gaps. I would never argue that, but that is not what you said. Instead you go to extremes such as “They can field whatever they want whenever they want” (paraphrasing). That just isn’t true. We have gaps like the other servers. It’s annoying when people just go to the extreme (to prove a point I guess? But to me it just makes you sound very young).

As for your “observations” about the tactics SoR use…that is exactly my point. Stop using your single set of observations to discuss how an entire server is keeping you from the win, or “protecting” another server or whatever you want to call it. You aren’t omniscient, don’t pretend to be.

3/8 - JQ/SoR/BG

in WvW

Posted by: urek mazino.4026

urek mazino.4026

Score update brought to you by Feisty:

Cuddlestrike and gang has been busy :P

Attachments:

Lo Po – Ranger – Sanctum of Rall

3/8 - JQ/SoR/BG

in WvW

Posted by: Fuzzion.2504

Fuzzion.2504

I would not argue that JQ overall has the best numbers, and the least coverage gaps. I would never argue that, but that is not what you said. Instead you go to extremes such as “They can field whatever they want whenever they want” (paraphrasing). That just isn’t true. We have gaps like the other servers. It’s annoying when people just go to the extreme (to prove a point I guess? But to me it just makes you sound very young).

As for your “observations” about the tactics SoR use…that is exactly my point. Stop using your single set of observations to discuss how an entire server is keeping you from the win, or “protecting” another server or whatever you want to call it. You aren’t omniscient, don’t pretend to be.

Some time today I was running solo on my way to Bay when I saw 3 bg beating on 1 SoR Player. So i thought i would help him out. Instead all 4 ganged on me

Fuzzionx [SF]
Guest member of [LOVE]
JQ official Prime Minister

3/8 - JQ/SoR/BG

in WvW

Miiaah.5416

People going to the extreme by using examples of JQs coverage week 1, last 3 days, and SoRs tactics during those 3 days. I may not be omniscient but I have the luxury of being on any map and any timezone due to my “job” and have been. Not so much this week since it’s spring now and so much to do, but week one I saw all I needed to see in saying Kain should make T1 interesting again, which is what I said originally before you showed your maturity in calling people idiots and other cute little accusations. Keep up the good work!

Blackgate
Mesmer/Warrior/Thief/ele

3/8 - JQ/SoR/BG

in WvW

Orikx.9671

Thank you for proving my point. BG has a vocal minority that love to cry fowl and think everyone is always 2v1’ing them. It must be native people to BG because they do it any time they get to T1 and they even did it a lot in the BG/SoR/IoJ and TC matches when they were winning. There didn’t seem to be much 2v1 talk coming from SoS when they were falling out of T1 so I can’t imagine it’s the SoS transfers that are so delusional.

For the life of me I can’t understand how after 6 months of WvW they haven’t figured out that the nature of 3 faction warfare is people are opportunistic. You will get hit in the back while fighting for a keep because it’s easy to wipe a force that has just been weekend by a big battle with another server. You won’t notice it happening to the other side because you either, A) won the first fight and are now getting hit by the other server or you lost the fight and aren’t around to see the other servers weekend forces getting hit by the 3rd server.

Saying Garrison could have been taken while we fought at Hills proves nothing. A fully upgrade keep with siege can be easily defended by a skeleton screw. It’s very easy for a group to defend or lose Hills and still get back to Garrison in plenty of time to defend it if upgraded.

The more I think about it though. HoD used to cry about 2v1’s all the time too. I wonder if they ones saying it in BG were originally on HoD?

Orikx
Sanctum of Rall

3/8 - JQ/SoR/BG

in WvW

Zen.8497

Please stop blaming everyone else for your own short comings, you make your server look bad. There is no conspiracy, SoR actually focus more JQ than BG and it is pretty bad that you do not see that. Regarding Kaineng in T1, the results will be the same, take a screen shot now of N/A and one for Oceanic prime time just rename them opposite and that will foretell you the future. BG needs to win on it’s own and not wishing on a 3rd server to do the work for them.

3/8 - JQ/SoR/BG

in WvW

drwookie.6391

People going to the extreme by using examples of JQs coverage week 1, last 3 days, and SoRs tactics during those 3 days. I may not be omniscient but I have the luxury of being on any map and any timezone due to my “job” and have been. Not so much this week since it’s spring now and so much to do, but week one I saw all I needed to see in saying Kain should make T1 interesting again, which is what I said originally before you showed your maturity in calling people idiots and other cute little accusations. Keep up the good work!

Actually what you said were things like:

“Kain also has no reason to keep BG from taking PPT from JQ when Kain is weak in coverage.”

“JQ fielding numbers wherever and whenever they want, BG trying to de-throne JQ and SoR doing what it can from stopping BG from taking first from JQ…”

The first seems to imply that the current 3rd player in Tier 1 (SoR) has some other motive or reason to keep JQ with the points.

The second states directly that JQ can field numbers wherever they want. That is completely untrue. That is not saying that JQ has a population advantage, or has the smallest population gaps. Those statements are likely true, but to say we can just mass numbers any time of day all willy nilly is stupid. You know it’s not true either, yet you say those things for some other purpose. The second also directly states SoR wants to stop BG from taking first from JQ. Have you spoken with “them” about this? The mythical “SoR” person that has one conscious entity? Have you spoken with the major guild’s leadership on SoR? Interesting if you have.

Hope that helps, seem you don’t seem quite clear on what you said previously.

3/8 - JQ/SoR/BG

in WvW

Posted by: buki.3108

buki.3108

Obviously pie! Happy Pi day.

3/8 - JQ/SoR/BG

in WvW

Posted by: omegaweltall.5619

omegaweltall.5619

Tone of this tread has taken a turn south, so here’s an update with kitties to lighten things up

Attachments:

Tyr Fuzzybutt, of the Fuzzy Warband

|Blackgate|

3/8 - JQ/SoR/BG

in WvW

Posted by: Zikory.6871

Zikory.6871

Thank you for proving my point. BG has a vocal minority that love to cry fowl and think everyone is always 2v1’ing them. It must be native people to BG because they do it any time they get to T1 and they even did it a lot in the BG/SoR/IoJ and TC matches when they were winning. There didn’t seem to be much 2v1 talk coming from SoS when they were falling out of T1 so I can’t imagine it’s the SoS transfers that are so delusional.

For the life of me I can’t understand how after 6 months of WvW they haven’t figured out that the nature of 3 faction warfare is people are opportunistic. You will get hit in the back while fighting for a keep because it’s easy to wipe a force that has just been weekend by a big battle with another server. You won’t notice it happening to the other side because you either, A) won the first fight and are now getting hit by the other server or you lost the fight and aren’t around to see the other servers weekend forces getting hit by the 3rd server.

Saying Garrison could have been taken while we fought at Hills proves nothing. A fully upgrade keep with siege can be easily defended by a skeleton screw. It’s very easy for a group to defend or lose Hills and still get back to Garrison in plenty of time to defend it if upgraded.

The more I think about it though. HoD used to cry about 2v1’s all the time too. I wonder if they ones saying it in BG were originally on HoD?

I think your missing the point when everyone is saying “2v1” I don’t think anyone on BG thinks there is some pact between SoR and JQ to focus BG out. SoR is not going to beat BG or JQ, so the only chance SoR has to stay in T1 is pick up points where they are easier to get. Both BG and JQ are working to beat each other in PPT for first place. So over all SoR is going to have a easier time getting points from BG as they are going to have there hands full trying to out point JQ. This is where the “2v1” is coming from…Both SoR and JQ are hitting BG but independently.

Sadly for those that keeping being up BG complaining about 2v1, its making you look quite foolish. Take a step back and relax a bit and stop being so defensive if you don’t fully understand what your talking about and commenting under assumptions.

[KnT] – Knight Gaming – Blackgate
Zikory – Retired Thief
Zikkro – Zergling Necromancer

3/8 - JQ/SoR/BG

in WvW

Posted by: Barab.9016

Barab.9016

Well done JQ on your successful recruitment campaign! May you bask in the envy of the servers who did not recruit as well.

Thanks, it helped having a mature community with lots of pvp centric old timers sprinkled in with our always out there fighting spirit even when were out manned.

People act as if JQ is some juggernaut. Truth is we havent always been the number one ranked server. We’ve bounced around t1 month in and month out street fighting with HoD at it’s prime, ET when they were a serious contender, SBI when they were a ruthless number one ranked champion, and SoS when they went on that impressive streak of number one weekly victories. We have survived long queues, internal drama, and external challenges. No doubt without our new friends that have joined us over the last month our reign in t1, let alone our standing as the number one ranked WvW NA server, would have been at risk.

Here’s to you old and new Jade Quarry crusaders !!! raises his troll skull mug of ale Skal !! or Cheers !! or Kanpai !! my JQ brethren

Kurthos “When Jade Quarry awakens, they will ask themselves, when were we ever asleep?”

3/8 - JQ/SoR/BG

in WvW

Miiaah.5416

No one was crying, instead, saying Kain would make T1 interesting and why. You example changed based on numbers, either it be a 70 man/women Zerg or a 20 man/women group. In some cases even that doesn’t matter on doing what it takes to win.

Here’s an example of a fight I was lucky enough to be a part of, if we could do it against an upgraded Garrison with more than a skeleton protecting, than a 60 man Zerg should be able to do the same much faster

Blackgate
Mesmer/Warrior/Thief/ele

3/8 - JQ/SoR/BG

in WvW

Israel.7056

Actually if you remember the transfers started after few weeks of SoS coming second place so basically, ranking wise, they are back in the same place.
I just look at the facts and I call it like I see it. Also, thank you for looking at this with an open mind.

Truthfully I do not have enough information to either confirm or deny what you’ve said. I spoke without doing proper research but I do not know where to obtain all this information. What sources are you using?

I do know from looking at this: http://mos.millenium.org/matchups#NA that if our points stay steady before reset that the overall point differential between BG and JQ will shrink.

It seems to me that the path of least resistance to taking the top spot is to recruit more guilds rather than engage in another mass exodus.

(edited by Israel.7056)

3/8 - JQ/SoR/BG

in WvW

Orikx.9671

I think your missing the point when everyone is saying “2v1” I don’t think anyone on BG thinks there is some pact between SoR and JQ to focus BG out. SoR is not going to beat BG or JQ, so the only chance SoR has to stay in T1 is pick up points where they are easier to get. Both BG and JQ are working to beat each other in PPT for first place. So over all SoR is going to have a easier time getting points from BG as they are going to have there hands full trying to out point JQ. This is where the “2v1” is coming from…Both SoR and JQ are hitting BG but independently.

Sadly for those that keeping being up BG complaining about 2v1, its making you look quite foolish. Take a step back and relax a bit and stop being so defensive if you don’t fully understand what your talking about and commenting under assumptions.

I think you need to go back and re-read the thread. Who’s looking foolish? In the very same post of mine you quoted Miiaah is saying SoR is just outright helping JQ for no reason other then to keep BG from winning. Here let me quote it again for you.

BG trying to de-throne JQ and SoR doing what it can from stopping BG from taking first from JQ.

And this is just one of many of these types of posts about 2v1’s. As I said it’s a vocal minority on BG, it doesn’t reflect the server as a whole. I don’t even necessarily think it reflects your opinion. Simple fact is that BG has a few of these whiners that shout 2v1 every chance they can. I could go back to the JQ/SoS/BG threads and link a ton of posts there and posts from the BG/SoR/TC threads. I’m not going to because quite frankly it would be boring. Trying to defend them does make you look just as foolish as them however.

Orikx
Sanctum of Rall

3/8 - JQ/SoR/BG

in WvW

Orikx.9671

Here’s an example of a fight I was lucky enough to be a part of, if we could do it against an upgraded Garrison with more than a skeleton protecting, than a 60 man Zerg should be able to do the same much faster

They didn’t even have an arrow cart down behind the door. That was probably one of the worst Garisson defenses I have seen. Plus they had less then 10 people inside defending, I would consider that a skeleton crew.

Can Garrison be flipped very fast? Yes. Can it be flipped very fast while defended properly? Generally no unless you use a golem rush.

Regardless it’s often much easier to take a keep from someone else after you let them do the dirty work then it is to start from scratch and let the enemy come hit your from behind. SoR didn’t invent this strategy and aren’t the only ones to use. You are just one of those vocal few that think everyone is out to get BG.

Orikx
Sanctum of Rall

3/8 - JQ/SoR/BG

in WvW

Miiaah.5416

I think you need to go back and re-read the thread. Who’s looking foolish? In the very same post of mine you quoted Miiaah is saying SoR is just outright helping JQ for no reason other then to keep BG from winning. Here let me quote it again for you.

BG trying to de-throne JQ and SoR doing what it can from stopping BG from taking first from JQ.

And this is just one of many of these types of posts about 2v1’s. As I said it’s a vocal minority on BG, it doesn’t reflect the server as a whole. I don’t even necessarily think it reflects your opinion. Simple fact is that BG has a few of these whiners that shout 2v1 every chance they can. I could go back to the JQ/SoS/BG threads and link a ton of posts there and posts from the BG/SoR/TC threads. I’m not going to because quite frankly it would be boring. Trying to defend them does make you look just as foolish as them however.

I will re-post an example of a fight I was in and have been in countless fights like this with this commander as well as 2 other commander from this guild ( as well as a few other guilds) and these are the types of fights I mostly try and be a part of. I think we started with 10 and possibly ended with 15 or maybe 20 of us. Again, these are the types of fights I map jump looking for.

So from my perspective, when I read over and over again about a certain server having the premiere NA server and I don’t see this from them aimed at the server leading the match by 20K or more, but other activities maybe my point of view is skewed. People saying I am making my server look bad because of MY point of view confuse me. It’s my opinion based on my experience mostly from week 1 of this T1 matchup.

I see 60 man zerg’s busting into 15-20 man groups repeatedly and just form certain opinions. Why anyone thinks one persons view represents that of an entire server is beyond comprehension

Blackgate
Mesmer/Warrior/Thief/ele

3/8 - JQ/SoR/BG

in WvW

Posted by: Churchill.8714

Churchill.8714

Running with Orc is not only fun, but you learn new words every time.

3/8 - JQ/SoR/BG

in WvW

Posted by: Liquid.9672

Liquid.9672

Wait. He knows other words besides the F-word?

Zend(ario/imas/iana/ango) – Engi/Ele/Necro/Guardian
[KnT] – Blackgate

3/8 - JQ/SoR/BG

in WvW

Orikx.9671

I’m not sure how a video of your fighting Kain is even remotely relevant to any of this 2v1 you claim is going on.

You hit the nail on the head though. Now try to think logically about your statement. From your perspective. Your only perspective is fights were we fight BG. So of course if you want to refuse to believe there is ever another fight going on somewhere else then sure you would think we only fight BG.

From my perspective everyone around me speaks English. There fore I can only assume that the entire world only speaks English. You don’t see the failed logic in this?

Orikx
Sanctum of Rall

3/8 - JQ/SoR/BG

in WvW

Posted by: Blade.9317

Blade.9317

I don’t see why people even mention Kaineng in this thread. In order for them to move up either they would have to dominate T2 (which they are not) or something drastic would have to happen to one of the T1 servers. For better or for worse this is going to be the T1 match up for a while. So why don’t we stop all this pointless bickering, enjoy the fights and have some fun.

[ICoa] Feisty Brat, Mesmer
Blackgate

3/8 - JQ/SoR/BG

in WvW

Posted by: Goloith.6349

Goloith.6349

Update to the score?

i7 920 OC 4.2Ghz, 2x 6970s in Eyefinity mode
Davidah (Guardian) Goloith (Engineer)
Achuni (Mesmer) Doreanora (Thief)

3/8 - JQ/SoR/BG

in WvW

Miiaah.5416

They didn’t even have an arrow cart down behind the door. That was probably one of the worst Garisson defenses I have seen. Plus they had less then 10 people inside defending, I would consider that a skeleton crew.

Can Garrison be flipped very fast? Yes. Can it be flipped very fast while defended properly? Generally no unless you use a golem rush.

Regardless it’s often much easier to take a keep from someone else after you let them do the dirty work then it is to start from scratch and let the enemy come hit your from behind. SoR didn’t invent this strategy and aren’t the only ones to use. You are just one of those vocal few that think everyone is out to get BG.

You may want to re watch the video, they had equal numbers and not only arrow carts behind the door next to their cata but we spent the entire fight with arrows raining down on us.

You stated an upgraded Keep can be defended by a skeleton crew and there was much more than 10 in that Garrison, they had 6 on Ballistas as we entered alone, regardless this is one of many of my experiences of what I’m used to. And yes I do think SoR and BG have a history from their months together in T2 and to say that doesn’t carry over to T1 sounds much more illogical to me than saying they are trying to dethrone JQ

Blackgate
Mesmer/Warrior/Thief/ele

3/8 - JQ/SoR/BG

in WvW

Miiaah.5416

I’m not sure how a video of your fighting Kain is even remotely relevant to any of this 2v1 you claim is going on.

You hit the nail on the head though. Now try to think logically about your statement. From your perspective. Your only perspective is fights were we fight BG. So of course if you want to refuse to believe there is ever another fight going on somewhere else then sure you would think we only fight BG.

From my perspective everyone around me speaks English. There fore I can only assume that the entire world only speaks English. You don’t see the failed logic in this?

Well because you told me it makes more sense to ram a 70 man zerg around pounding into the back of 25 man BG groups because upgraded keeps are so hard to deal with, I provided how hard they are to deal with and a fighting style that if adopted by others would not only help the end result of the match ups, but some of the culling and lag issues as well. Sorry I provided an example to refute what you think is a good strategy

Blackgate
Mesmer/Warrior/Thief/ele

3/8 - JQ/SoR/BG

in WvW

Miiaah.5416

I wish I had an Orc is commanding app somehow, I would drop everything and I mean EVERYTHING to join those fights and I usually check in here and there to see if his dorito is lit up, his teamspeak is pretty potty mouthed but he is funny and scared of nothing, another fun one to follow with the same results other than the obvious Smokee is GraphicCardio. In my opinion he is as fearless and strong of a commander as there is out there the afternoon I ran with them.

Blackgate
Mesmer/Warrior/Thief/ele

3/8 - JQ/SoR/BG

in WvW

Miiaah.5416

Theres a thing called scouts and Teamspeak/map chat, most people know what’s going on with other fights, as well as other maps

Blackgate
Mesmer/Warrior/Thief/ele

3/8 - JQ/SoR/BG

in WvW

Zen.8497

Israel.7056

Zen.8497:

Truthfully I do not have enough information to either confirm or deny what you’ve said. I spoke without doing proper research but I do not know where to obtain all this information. What sources are you using?

I do know from looking at this: http://mos.millenium.org/matchups#NA that if our points stay steady before reset that the overall point differential between BG and JQ will shrink.

It seems to me that the path of least resistance to taking the top spot is to recruit more guilds rather than engage in another mass exodus

I might be getting this wrong but you seem to believe that overall point differential shrinking means that BG will slowly move ahead of JQ. BG needs to beat JQ at the end of reset to secure first place.
Regarding the last point that is assuming logic always applies, the history of all the other servers that went down show otherwise.