4/12 TC/FA/Kain Week 6

4/12 TC/FA/Kain Week 6

in WvW

Posted by: IRSyKo.5843

IRSyKo.5843

We got 3 guilds after 8 months of having a gaping coverage hole (and 4 of those months getting our maps washed green routinely everyday in T2 due to said hole) and suddenly we’re some evil bandwagon server who’s ruining WvW

WvW ranks are based on WvW population. FA started blowing Tier 3 out of the water after the IoJ transfers, it is no secret. Good luck in Tier 1, TC! Stable Tier 2 was fun while it lasted.

Basically the only stable tier

T5 looks to be good, someone should break one of those servers

Edit WvW is dying anyway as far as I think, it’s ust so bland and stale at this point

Through discipline, we prevail.
[BT]
Fort Aspenwood

(edited by IRSyKo.5843)

4/12 TC/FA/Kain Week 6

in WvW

Posted by: Arkanfel.8403

Arkanfel.8403

TA broke up because it got bored and we got sick of the 5+ hour queues..

Newsflash: Every other guild/alliance in the game had to deal with queues.

The idea that JQ and ET were anywhere close to creeping up on TA is just silly. Some guilds remained on HoD, most switched. You might be talking about the time when TA went their separate ways and PRX and some Condemned stayed on HoD, then JQ started to creep up.

The second-to-last time HoD, ET and JQ faced each other, HoD was double-teamed all night and pushed almost completely off EB. I don’t think we gave up the keep, but it was clear by that point that both servers were starting to focus on us, and when they did there was nothing we could do about it. We still won the match and ET was pushed out of the tier for the next round, but I think when that happened, TA leadership started to decide that “the queue” was a problem and they were “losing interest.”

Comparing current WvW tactics and style of play that has evolved over the course of 8 months to a group of gamers (TA) who played at the beginning of the game is quite silly.

Pretty sure I covered that. They left the game before any sort of serious metastrategy had to be considered, so the idea that they should be remembered as masters of WvW is silly. The poster I was responding too suggested that people would be getting bored in the case of inevitable outcome, a silly context in which to cite TA since they broke up while WvW was still in its infancy.

The tactics that TA employed both as an alliance and as individual guilds are probably viewed as silly now, but back then, it steamrolled everyone and probably set the pedagogy of how we play today (for good and bad).

The guilds that made up TA were some of the best in the MMO PvP realm (mostly because they said they were). And they were at least able to walk their talk and dominate during the first part of the game. I think TA was ultimately a victim of it’s success and coverage: to much of it.

Source: Me. I was in the Titan Alliance (ULTD) at the forming of it and at the end of it.

The logic just doesn’t follow. They make an enormous alliance, and then quit “because of the queue?” I’m calling BS on that. Like half the players on any given map were TA. I know, I was there. I won’t deny that they performed well, but they were quick to pack it in once things started to get a little challenging. After what had happened the last time we had played ET and JQ, it didn’t take a rocket scientist to realize that no one in TA wanted to go through that again. So literally the instant it was apparent that ET was going to be in the next matchup, TA picked up their ball and went home, crowing about being “undefeated.”

They were cowards, and should be remembered as cowards.

Sarabi “the Roaring Fury” Aminata

(edited by Arkanfel.8403)

4/12 TC/FA/Kain Week 6

in WvW

Posted by: Andy.9137

Andy.9137

We got 3 guilds after 8 months of having a gaping coverage hole (and 4 of those months getting our maps washed green routinely everyday in T2 due to said hole)

It’s not like Kaineng or FA have their BL washed a different colour everyday due to coverage gaps either

4/12 TC/FA/Kain Week 6

in WvW

Posted by: Shrouded.6450

Shrouded.6450

So today, FA received news of transfers to our server.
In celebration of our new allies, we decided to take it to CD BL. We didn’t have a chance of pushing to take first this week with the reset tomorrow, but we wanted to send a very CLEAR message to CD.
Next week you’re in trouble.
FA is on the warpath.

Interesting stuff from the CD/IOJ/FA thread….This one is pretty intersting:

9 guilds are transferring from IOJ to FA with 13 guilds total leaving so far. I hope IOJ will be able to recover from this. One major guild leaving is bad enough but that many all leaving at once?

IoJ is history now

4/12 TC/FA/Kain Week 6

in WvW

Posted by: SHAKA ZULU.3128

SHAKA ZULU.3128

Why don’t you want KN to have our party island PARTY POOPERS

Attachments:

love,

a guardian from k[Ai]neng

4/12 TC/FA/Kain Week 6

in WvW

Posted by: iCryptik.1496

iCryptik.1496

Looking at getting a big fight club together next week. KN, if your down and for some duels, PM me.

Alshazzär
Tarnished Coast [TC]

4/12 TC/FA/Kain Week 6

in WvW

Andy.9137

In celebration of our new allies, we decided to take it to CD BL. We didn’t have a chance of pushing to take first this week with the reset tomorrow, but we wanted to send a very CLEAR message to CD.
FA is on the warpath.

9 guilds are transferring from IOJ to FA with 13 guilds total leaving so far. I hope IOJ will be able to recover from this. One major guild leaving is bad enough but that many all leaving at once?

IoJ is history now

Funny how you try and defend your own server with the “Just because some people say this, doesn’t mean we all support it” and then pull this kind of thing digging through months of old threads to bring up a post from a single person.

(edited by Andy.9137)

4/12 TC/FA/Kain Week 6

in WvW

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

Why don’t you want KN to have our party island PARTY POOPERS

Um just what exactly is that young man planning on doing with that firework?! O.o

L’enfer, c’est les autres

4/12 TC/FA/Kain Week 6

in WvW

Posted by: Shrouded.6450

Shrouded.6450

FA is on the warpath.

IoJ is history now

Funny how you try and defend your own server with the “Just because some people say this, doesn’t mean we all support it” and then pull this kind of thing digging through months of old threads to bring up a post from a single person.

What did I say about FA? That post you reffered to was basically just a couple of interesting quotes. Also, there’s a bunch of quotes in that thread really, but I agree, let’s get over this and move on eh?

(edited by Shrouded.6450)

4/12 TC/FA/Kain Week 6

in WvW

Andy.9137

FA is on the warpath.

IoJ is history now

What did I say about FA? That post you reffered to was basically just a bunch of interesting quotes. Yea, let’s just all stop now eh?

It’s completely irrelevant and yes we should stop now.

4/12 TC/FA/Kain Week 6

in WvW

Posted by: SHAKA ZULU.3128

SHAKA ZULU.3128

Um just what exactly is that young man planning on doing with that firework?! O.o

I’m not sure but I know the quaggans in our party were being lewd and I needed to call their mothers.

love,

a guardian from k[Ai]neng

4/12 TC/FA/Kain Week 6

in WvW

Posted by: Quenta.2978

Quenta.2978

BT and VK: TRY HARDER on your BL to kill those naked K=towners. Hilarious. SMH.

It’s ok. If I was in RE and got wiped multiple times in my BL by BT, I would probably move to another BL too.

4/12 TC/FA/Kain Week 6

in WvW

Posted by: Sunspots.9861

Sunspots.9861

It’s ok. If I was in RE and got wiped multiple times in my BL by BT, I would probably move to another BL too.

Speaking of which, did you change BL’s too? We saw a couple of you outside our spawn tower then suddenly you are outmanned here?

Auburn Skies – Retired- Ranger of [PiNK]
When wvw was still fun feat. [PiNK]

4/12 TC/FA/Kain Week 6

in WvW

Quenta.2978

Speaking of which, did you change BL’s too? We saw a couple of you outside our spawn tower then suddenly you are outmanned here?

Wiped KN at hills, followed their group to Astral and wiped them. Did the guild mission thingy and we logged for the night.

4/12 TC/FA/Kain Week 6

in WvW

Posted by: Delune.4817

Delune.4817

Fun times in EB BL tonight with AoN, and HOPE.

Commander All The Delune, Fort Aspenwood
Guild Leader of [TK]
“FA, stomping bandwagons since 2012….”

4/12 TC/FA/Kain Week 6

in WvW

Posted by: Jimmybass.2159

Jimmybass.2159

FYI… FA never asked anyone from IoJ to transfer there. We went on our own behest. TC, on the other hand, tries hard recruitment practices with anyone they can (including my guild).

Apples and oranges, kids.

King Kong Bundy
Blood Work [RED]
Fort Aspenwood

4/12 TC/FA/Kain Week 6

in WvW

Posted by: Deyja.6745

Deyja.6745

Wiped KN at hills, followed their group to Astral and wiped them. Did the guild mission thingy and we logged for the night.

I’m impressed by the coordination of your server, you managed to get all 100 people to do guild missions at the same time.

Been an easy week, lots of minecraft and dota 2. Hopefully reset will bring about more fights at least for a day or two.

4/12 TC/FA/Kain Week 6

in WvW

Posted by: Expunge.4926

Expunge.4926

I’m impressed by the coordination of your server, you managed to get all 100 people to do guild missions at the same time.

Been an easy week, lots of minecraft and dota 2. Hopefully reset will bring about more fights at least for a day or two.

PiNK guild leader saying BT runs with 100 people? what?

4/12 TC/FA/Kain Week 6

in WvW

Posted by: Gandalf The Grey.1058

Gandalf The Grey.1058

^ This is hilarious. Keep it up.

4/12 TC/FA/Kain Week 6

in WvW

Quenta.2978

I think we had about 30-35 folks doing the mission tonight. Was fun. This week was a blast too, mainly because of PiNKs participation. We really do appreciate you coming out there and giving it your best. Keep it up!

4/12 TC/FA/Kain Week 6

in WvW

Posted by: TIMMEH.8106

TIMMEH.8106

absolutely hilarious….you see what you want to I guess. RE you “were” on your own BL….not sure why you left?

Weilf
[BT] Black Talons
Ele

4/12 TC/FA/Kain Week 6

in WvW

Posted by: fancy dagger feast.7520

fancy dagger feast.7520

I think we should have huge rumble on KNBL tomorrow all you big guilds, you know who you are : P

Just saying lets have some fun, besides repairs are only 2s a death

4/12 TC/FA/Kain Week 6

in WvW

Posted by: Arkanfel.8403

Arkanfel.8403

I think we should have huge rumble on KNBL tomorrow all you big guilds, you know who you are : P

And this would vary from the previous thirteen days… how exactly?

Sarabi “the Roaring Fury” Aminata

4/12 TC/FA/Kain Week 6

in WvW

Posted by: Troop.1369

Troop.1369

If by fighting you mean do the pancake… lay flat on the floor with your loot bag beside ya. What I see when your guild is in front of me:

-Loot Bag number 1[pink]
-Loot Bag number 2[pink]
-Loot Bag number 3[pink]

Farm you again soon.

Black Talons – We make you nervous.
http://blacktalons.guildlaunch.com/

4/12 TC/FA/Kain Week 6

in WvW

Posted by: Ketharius.9018

Ketharius.9018

And this would vary from the previous thirteen days… how exactly?

Okay, give me 6 hours of queue and I’ll be there. Stay strong for me!

Tarnished Coast
[FUNK] Squad

4/12 TC/FA/Kain Week 6

in WvW

Posted by: Transistor.8746

Transistor.8746

Been taking a break from the game for awhile while I enjoy other games, but I’ve been checking in to see how TC has been doing.

Just wanted to congratulate TC on their performance the past couple months. It’s awesome how the server came from (and still has) a carefree and silly attitude that attracts the PvE/RP playerbase to dip their toes in. It’s really cool to see the pugs make such a huge difference. It just goes to show that success in WvW starts with the community, and I really feel like TC has worked hard to establish that. That’s why from the start it has been a “good” server that has now become stronger and stronger gradually over time and I think that is what the server owes to its continued success. Not many bandwagoners/fair-weathers on TC and I think it’s really starting to show.

It’s kind of bittersweet though now that any continued success will be met with a promotion to T1. Kind of in a stomp/be stomped situation at this point, although the next major PvE content patch should shake things up in T2 again if TC is still there.

Anyway, congrats guys. Slow and steady wins the race.

4/12 TC/FA/Kain Week 6

in WvW

Deyja.6745

If by fighting you mean do the pancake… lay flat on the floor with your loot bag beside ya. What I see when your guild is in front of me:

-Loot Bag number 1[pink]
-Loot Bag number 2[pink]
-Loot Bag number 3[pink]

Farm you again soon.

I fear you have the wrong guild, pink is a guild on your server. We are PiNK and if you’d like to try to fight us you’ll know which map we’re on by the lack of FA presence. Hopefully that clears up any misunderstandings!

4/12 TC/FA/Kain Week 6

in WvW

Andy.9137

-Loot Bag number 1[pink]
-Loot Bag number 2[pink]
-Loot Bag number 3[pink]

Farm you again soon.

I fear you have the wrong guild, pink is a guild on your server. We are PiNK and if you’d like to try to fight us you’ll know which map we’re on by the lack of FA presence. Hopefully that clears up any misunderstandings!

FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT!

4/12 TC/FA/Kain Week 6

in WvW

Posted by: Troop.1369

Troop.1369

-Loot Bag number 1[pink]
-Loot Bag number 2[pink]
-Loot Bag number 3[pink]

Farm you again soon.

Meh, I type guild tags correctly when I have respect for that guild. For me, your guild is one of many, easy to read and farm on the field and I’ve seen plenty. Believe me when I say this. Very average.

Black Talons – We make you nervous.
http://blacktalons.guildlaunch.com/

4/12 TC/FA/Kain Week 6

in WvW

Quenta.2978

-Loot Bag number 1[pink]
-Loot Bag number 2[pink]
-Loot Bag number 3[pink]

Farm you again soon.

Oh. I have such a very special video for you coming up. It features PiNK in its entirety.

4/12 TC/FA/Kain Week 6

in WvW

Posted by: nibbles.2408

nibbles.2408

Hey TC, you know these guys are trolling you right…? (And it looks like it’s working from how quickly the thread has deteriorated)

Wechlas [Echo]
Charr Ranger
Fort Aspenwood (www.fort-aspenwood.com)

4/12 TC/FA/Kain Week 6

in WvW

Quenta.2978

-Loot Bag number 1[pink]
-Loot Bag number 2[pink]
-Loot Bag number 3[pink]

Farm you again soon.

FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT!

We have offered GvGs to PiNK. They either refuse or don’t say anything.

4/12 TC/FA/Kain Week 6

in WvW

Posted by: Kreaven.3172

Kreaven.3172

War Machine blackgate wants you! Come play with us in T1 we have a grand community that rewards the efforts of all of our battle worn solders. If is great fights you seek look no further there are fights to be had against the mightiest of enemy in foo and many others. We have high skill base but low numbers with your guilds help there is nothing that could stop us our glory Awaits.

The bravest are surely those who have the clearest vision of what is before them, glory and danger alike, and yet notwithstanding, go out to meet it.-Thucydides

Well you guys better be prepared to pay, a lot. A server (I won’t name which) is promising premium dollars for WM, RISE, CO (and maybe others) to head over. I am talking about crazy out of this world money here. But they said no since they didn’t want to leave their Kaineng brothers.

Thanks for staying all! ^^

Oh come on now. Such juicy drama and you won’t share?! We can play hangman or something to guess the server.

Through process of elimination all signs would point to SoR.

1. Its not BG because the poster talking about the gold gossip eliminated them basically directing us to ‘another server’.

2. I highly doubt JQ would pay more gold for more SEA guilds? They have the most insane SEA in NA by a long shot anyway, I do not think their SEA guilds would want to deal with even more queue times than they already have.

This leaves us with SoR who are coming close to competing with JQ and all they need is more SEA/European. Also they have recently upped their recruitment and managed to get AFS and Tsym so they are probably going all out.

or it could be a European T1 server…

Believe it or not TC posted in RE forum recruiting us. I find it funny or maybe just a troll I dont know.

When was this? I don’t think anyone in TC condones cross-server recruitment in the same tier. Do you mind telling us the nick of the guy who posted on the RE forums?

erm sry, but i know 3 guilds that received recruiting mails in game from tc.

Do you by chance know who sent the emails? I nor the first person who asked the question are not asking to dispute the fact. We are more asking so we can tell them to stop if they were indeed serious.

When I was on Dragonbrand – We were up against TC in T3. My guild leader at the time expressed interest in FA on the FA forums. I got a personal message from someone on TC inviting me to Mumble, where they pitched TC. My mind was already made up on going to FA, whether my guild went or not… I have a lot of friends from GW1, and IoJ here… My GL had also told me that he wasn’t interested, so I basically went to hear what they had to say and kind of let it go. So, saying that TC is against recruiting from the matchup is a bit false, as I also heard that they were planning on subtly approaching others on Dragonbrand as well… But I don’t know how true or false that is. Just personal experience.

Well like I said, I am not saying its false. But since no one knows names I will put it out there here. I do not approve of openly recruiting from the server of which you are currently playing against. So if the person you did do that reads this then yea… Do not even know if it will change anything but that is how I feel. I don’t like it. Going to other tiers I am far more open to. Right now though with our recent transfers for our Off hours, I do not think there is really anything else needed.

Commander Ravana Mace[CERN] – 80 Ranger
~Tarnished Coast since the beginning

4/12 TC/FA/Kain Week 6

in WvW

Deyja.6745

-Loot Bag number 1[pink]
-Loot Bag number 2[pink]
-Loot Bag number 3[pink]

Farm you again soon.

Oh. I have such a very special video for you coming up. It features PiNK in its entirety.

Sounds good! Curious to know if you’ll be including the times you’ve wiped to us, or simply cherry picking the best bits you can find and editing them together. I don’t think anyone is saying we’ve never died, but the attempts by your server to seem like untouchable loot bag generating machines is just laughable.

4/12 TC/FA/Kain Week 6

in WvW

Jayne.9251

I’m not sure but I know the quaggans in our party were being lewd and I needed to call their mothers.

Lol.

I think this week’s artwork should be of Kain and the karaoke and the naked zerg

4/12 TC/FA/Kain Week 6

in WvW

Posted by: Ketharius.9018

Ketharius.9018

We don’t need to GvG, we GvServer every night.

I knew I joined a WvW guild, and here I thought I had joined an kitten flexing GvGing guild for a second. Thanks for clearing that up.

Tarnished Coast
[FUNK] Squad

4/12 TC/FA/Kain Week 6

in WvW

Posted by: Chris.5024

Chris.5024

Just leave it. People know what goes on in-game and posting stuff that will just get deleted is a waste of time. Everyone is the best in their own minds, welcome to modern gaming.

Malose
Black Talons Gaming [BT]
Maguuma

4/12 TC/FA/Kain Week 6

in WvW

Posted by: ykyk.2740

ykyk.2740

Just leave it. People know what goes on in-game and posting stuff that will just get deleted is a waste of time. Everyone is the best in their own minds, welcome to modern gaming.

WvW forums won’t be what it is without every guild on every server wiping everyone else with half the numbers =(

4/12 TC/FA/Kain Week 6

in WvW

Posted by: lani.7431

lani.7431

War Machine blackgate wants you! Come play with us in T1 we have a grand community that rewards the efforts of all of our battle worn solders. If is great fights you seek look no further there are fights to be had against the mightiest of enemy in foo and many others. We have high skill base but low numbers with your guilds help there is nothing that could stop us our glory Awaits.

The bravest are surely those who have the clearest vision of what is before them, glory and danger alike, and yet notwithstanding, go out to meet it.-Thucydides

Well you guys better be prepared to pay, a lot. A server (I won’t name which) is promising premium dollars for WM, RISE, CO (and maybe others) to head over. I am talking about crazy out of this world money here. But they said no since they didn’t want to leave their Kaineng brothers.

Oh come on now. Such juicy drama and you won’t share?! We can play hangman or something to guess the server.

1. Its not BG because the poster talking about the gold gossip eliminated them basically directing us to ‘another server’.

2. I highly doubt JQ would pay more gold for more SEA guilds? They have the most insane SEA in NA by a long shot anyway, I do not think their SEA guilds would want to deal with even more queue times than they already have.

This leaves us with SoR who are coming close to competing with JQ and all they need is more SEA/European. Also they have recently upped their recruitment and managed to get AFS and Tsym so they are probably going all out.

Believe it or not TC posted in RE forum recruiting us. I find it funny or maybe just a troll I dont know.

When was this? I don’t think anyone in TC condones cross-server recruitment in the same tier. Do you mind telling us the nick of the guy who posted on the RE forums?

Do you by chance know who sent the emails? I nor the first person who asked the question are not asking to dispute the fact. We are more asking so we can tell them to stop if they were indeed serious.

When I was on Dragonbrand – We were up against TC in T3. My guild leader at the time expressed interest in FA on the FA forums. I got a personal message from someone on TC inviting me to Mumble, where they pitched TC. My mind was already made up on going to FA, whether my guild went or not… I have a lot of friends from GW1, and IoJ here… My GL had also told me that he wasn’t interested, so I basically went to hear what they had to say and kind of let it go. So, saying that TC is against recruiting from the matchup is a bit false, as I also heard that they were planning on subtly approaching others on Dragonbrand as well… But I don’t know how true or false that is. Just personal experience.

Well like I said, I am not saying its false. But since no one knows names I will put it out there here. I do not approve of openly recruiting from the server of which you are currently playing against. So if the person you did do that reads this then yea… Do not even know if it will change anything but that is how I feel. I don’t like it. Going to other tiers I am far more open to. Right now though with our recent transfers for our Off hours, I do not think there is really anything else needed.

Fact is both TC and FA tried to recruit from DB. The difference is FA approached only a few guilds including mine which was well before we even entered there tier. TC tried the underhanded way which seemed like they wanted to completely gut our server of anything and everything they could get just to make themselves better. Anyone saying that TC is not actively recruiting is full of it in my opinion just look at the influx of guilds you got. No server gets that many guilds by sitting around doing nothing about recruiting. TC leaves a bad taste in my mouth sure on the outside they seem all happy and friendly but really TC just wants to win at any cost. How much gold you got sitting in the war chest to buy your victory?

Lani [Krew] – BP
Former [EA] DB Commander

4/12 TC/FA/Kain Week 6

in WvW

Posted by: Vazqo.8012

Vazqo.8012

Que the TC public relations/damage control team now…..

Czarist/Vazqo/Vazco et al
Fort Aspenwood

4/12 TC/FA/Kain Week 6

in WvW

Posted by: ykyk.2740

ykyk.2740

Joy, people from other tiers join the fray on the rubbish transfer issue.

Who says TC isn’t actively recruiting? There’s a huge thread of us trying to fill our coverage gap (which, once again, has been there since release and something we lived with for 4 months of losing in tier 2). I don’t think anyone is being secretive about it. As for recruiting from DB, have you even read the thread in question?

You guys haven’t even got here yet but the buy to win transfer wahhhh whining is preemptively starting? DB is better than that.

4/12 TC/FA/Kain Week 6

in WvW

lani.7431

You mean this one?

Unless FA drops off after tomorrow, we’ll be stuck in T2 a few more weeks at least, depending on where SoS lands. While we’re here we should make the best of it, particularly regarding Dragonbrand. If we could build the kind of inter-server rapport with them as we did with BG and KN, who knows what might be possible, re combining forces.

There are a couple problems to avoid here, though. FA tried directly recruiting DB guilds, which was not surprisingly unappreciated and backfired. So TC can’t engage in any direct recruiting. Additionally, apparently DB lost a big WvW guild a while ago which hurt their WvW scene, but the remaining guilds are proud of being loyal survivors and sticking with their server. They’re as attached to DB as we are to TC, so that has to be acknowledged and respected.

And yet tantalizingly, timeslot-wise the two servers fit together like a couple of perfectly matched jigsaw pieces – TC has strong NA, moderate EU, and weak Oceanic. DB is the inverse. Linking up would solve that one big problem both sides have, of losing everything over night.

Given all that, there may be nothing we can directly do right now to effect such an outcome, but there are things we can actively do the next few weeks to lay the groundwork and make such a thing at least more conceivable.

I think our best bet right now is to focus on showing DB a really good time in WvW. A few ideas:

1. We need to give their main Oceanic force something more than PvDoor, which they’ve been doing who knows how many weeks and have got to be getting tired of it by now. Remember how awesome it was to go up against HB and other top tier guilds and learn from them, as well as the siege strategy Theon & co. derived from the entirely different nature of T2 keep defense. DB’s guilds have yet to experience that, but they’re clearly ready for it. Lets find a way to bring it.

One way to do that is, on weekends, take as many volunteers as we can muster to go to sleep early, and wake up and play DB’s ~3am-7am primetime. Including skipping reset night. This would probably be easier if the main guilds organized such a thing with their members, but if any militia can be recruited too then so much the better. The goal isn’t to completely abandon our primetime, but to reallocate 30%-45% of our weekend primetime forces to Oceanic primetime. That’s only 2 nights a week, maybe 3 if the college contingent can hack it on Thursdays as well, but still better than nothing and gives them a taste of what they could have every day if we linked up and made it to T2.

2. Arrange awesome GvG’s down below south camp, as well as the usual Fight Clubs, etc. Maybe we’ll have to stay up late or get up early, or maybe they will, but should be able to work this out.

3. If all goes well and we reach a level of strong rapport and comfort with them, consider sharing Theon’s excellent siege strategy writeup, unless they already seem to know most of it. They seem well organized and know what they’re doing, just haven’t had the opportunity to learn from T1 competition yet. Theon’s guide is a result of exactly that. Makes them better, makes our matchups more fun, and makes it clear TC War Council is serious about WvW (a perception we seem to be having problems with lately).

4. Finally, prepare the War Chest not just for bringing over a few select Oceanic guilds, but any WvW regulars on DB that wants to come. The reason being that any transfer from DB to TC will leave hard feelings among the remainders, unless we can also convince and help fund those remainders to transfer as well.

Even if they’re NA primetime players they’d be worth getting, simply b/c near the end of our time in T2 we consistently had no queues on enemy borderlands even during our primetime. Likely burnout from being steamrolled for weeks, but it also cost us our spot in T2 and a possible 2nd place finish during the last week.

5. … more to come if I think of any.

Lani [Krew] – BP
Former [EA] DB Commander

4/12 TC/FA/Kain Week 6

in WvW

Jayne.9251

Meh the pr team is going to bed.

This is one person’s opinion and they are entitled to it. I happen to have gotten multiple pms from folks in EA during our matchup just chatting and being friendly. Was nice.

4/12 TC/FA/Kain Week 6

in WvW

Posted by: eldavo.6054

eldavo.6054

Fact is both TC and FA tried to recruit from DB. The difference is FA approached only a few guilds including mine which was well before we even entered there tier. TC tried the underhanded way which seemed like they wanted to completely gut our server of anything and everything they could get just to make themselves better. Anyone saying that TC is not actively recruiting is full of it in my opinion just look at the influx of guilds you got. No server gets that many guilds by sitting around doing nothing about recruiting. TC leaves a bad taste in my mouth sure on the outside they seem all happy and friendly but really TC just wants to win at any cost. How much gold you got sitting in the war chest to buy your victory?

Kain recruited the best Karaoke singers and DJs across all of GW2. We combed every server for the finest singing warriors and didn’t compromise. We do not mess around. You have not lived until you’ve zerged a tower with 50 people singing to Bloodhound Gang’s The Bad Touch.

Attachments:

Diaverse
Guardian – Commander – Officer of Rethesis [RE] Tarnished Coast

4/12 TC/FA/Kain Week 6

in WvW

Posted by: Mada.5319

Mada.5319

Someone is TC said that?? :o

Wow. Just wow.

4/12 TC/FA/Kain Week 6

in WvW

Andy.9137

You mean this one?

snip

Well snap. I guess that would imply they wouldn’t mind intentionally obliterating a server to make theirs even bigger. Hehe

(edited by Andy.9137)

4/12 TC/FA/Kain Week 6

in WvW

Posted by: IRSyKo.5843

IRSyKo.5843

Sure smells like T1 in here

Coulda swore TC was the respectful mature community.

Reminds me of way back in the T3 days

THIS IS THE TC I REMEMBER

When they are winning (Meaningless) suddenly it’s not all cookies and rainbows and lollipops.

Through discipline, we prevail.
[BT]
Fort Aspenwood

(edited by IRSyKo.5843)

4/12 TC/FA/Kain Week 6

in WvW

lani.7431

You mean this one?

snip

Well snap. I guess that would imply they wouldn’t mind intentionally obliterating a server to make theirs even bigger. Hehe

Don’t worry though there PR department will wake up and come up with a lot of excuses. I’m just glad they considered DB’s feelings while trying to gut our server.

Lani [Krew] – BP
Former [EA] DB Commander

4/12 TC/FA/Kain Week 6

in WvW

Posted by: Tallis.5607

Tallis.5607

you do have a 2 page thread with 43 responses dedicated to trying to take NNK from Dragonbrand

You mean the thread with posts like…

‘we want to avoid targeting specific servers and poaching guilds. We need the coverage, but we don’t need to get it that way.’

‘i have to disagree with paying them off (war chest stuff).’

‘as a TC’er I am very proud of them and what they (=DB) have accomplished, and hope for their further enjoyment of wvw and their server.’

And that is just from the first 10 posts.

Yeah, sure, THAT thread proofs that alot of TCers want to recruit inside their tier! <sarcasm off>

Tallis – Perpetual newbie – Tarnished Coast.
Always carries a towel – Never panics – Eats cookies.

4/12 TC/FA/Kain Week 6

in WvW

Posted by: Furiousbeard.7602

Furiousbeard.7602

Nice read.

Really not surprising in the least. I doubt that guy needs to do much convincing to get the ball rolling. Seems like a continued trend of manipulation, and more “gap” filling.

Don’t even worry about DB. They have at least 2 weeks to prepare for tier 2.

People can try their guild poaching then.

PS is that guy gonna fill the war chest on his own to buy people?

FA Soldier of Fortune – Flashypants (20,078 WvW kills) http://m.youtube.com/user/Duppa81
Roamer: 99.99% BLs / 0.01% EB