4/5 HoD/NSP/SF

4/5 HoD/NSP/SF

in WvW

Posted by: Varconi.1804

Varconi.1804

My point is would that win in Madden mean anything to you if you were playing against a 2 year old who could barely press the buttons let alone provide any kind of strategic or technical challenge. And would you still try as hard to pull off that win rather then just having fun playing against said 2 year old and just messing around.

Not ashamed of admitting I would still try hard against a 2 year old just to win.

Meaningless scoreboard or not, just knowing that at least one person feels disappointed or hurt from not winning makes it worth it to me.

I would cheat to beat a 2 year old. Little kittens can’t be trusted till they are real people.

XOXO Female Asura Mesmer NSP | Female Sylvari Engineer

4/5 HoD/NSP/SF

in WvW

Posted by: Scumbag Mawile.6384

Scumbag Mawile.6384

All day working against us. Bunker guild groups, zerg balls, attempted pbombing, you name it, and still no progress?

It was time for some 2v1 SM-taking action.

(part of) Henge’s first attempt http://i.imgur.com/YxKTuw0.jpg

(leftovers of) Henge/Peak’s second/first attempt (they got a little mixed up here, after this they stuck to their respective gates) http://i.imgur.com/H6a7lm0.jpg

Henge’s third attempt, again in the last stages (mid-battle’s a tad hectic for screens) http://i.imgur.com/ruxAWkF.jpg

Didn’t get any of Peaks’ twoish efforts on the Eastern gate as they were beaten back so quickly. You both sort of dribbled off after this and shifted to more manageable targets; camps, single towers, Dredge…

Gee, it’s a good thing SF is a zerg server. We really needed numbers against your ze… concentrated mass of small groups.

Disciple of Quag

4/5 HoD/NSP/SF

in WvW

Varconi.1804

Bizzy asked me to post his vid for him – He says sorry for potato quality.

I feel like this really needs to be in black and white.

4/5 HoD/NSP/SF

in WvW

Posted by: Ping.5739

Ping.5739

Edit: oh wait nvm……..

This useless bar doesn’t make you awesome. However, stuff above does.

(edited by Ping.5739)

4/5 HoD/NSP/SF

in WvW

Posted by: silverfire.2547

silverfire.2547

Saying you want to win just because it makes someone else feel bad is absolutely sad and I would not want to have your conscience later in life.

Some of the most happiness-infused examples of this include killing people in the jump puzzle when I’ve seen them struggle with the dark room while taking shortcuts personally, and anyone who’s near the end chest.

One particular charr who already had a legendary comes to mind — someone told me that two hours after I’d killed him in the dark room, he was still lying there dead when they went through.

Mira Alluvion (Me) | Hanna Bulwark (W) | Sophie Dusthaven (Th)
[CoSA]/[WWGD] // Sorrow’s Furnace (since August 2012) US West Evening Shift

4/5 HoD/NSP/SF

in WvW

Varconi.1804

Bizzy asked me to post his vid for him – He says sorry for potato quality.

I feel like this really needs to be in black and white.

wow this video gets funnier by the minute. Building an arrow cart inside the camp zerg v 3 rofl

Chat “are these kids just not trying to kill us?”

(edited by Varconi.1804)

4/5 HoD/NSP/SF

in WvW

Posted by: Devon.9061

Devon.9061

Noooo i left before I this happened T_T I could have beena movie star!!!

Last Forum Account Left.
Yo mama jokes to stronk.
Forum Mods to weak.

4/5 HoD/NSP/SF

in WvW

Posted by: Waggs.1702

Waggs.1702

I find it hilarious that everyone is complaining about SF zerging, this came as quite the shock when these kind people came from behind me. I was so shocked that I didn’t know how to react! According to the forums no one else zergs aside from us, so you’ll of course see my utter shock!

Attachments:

4/5 HoD/NSP/SF

in WvW

Posted by: dank.3680

dank.3680

I find it hilarious that everyone is complaining about SF zerging, this came as quite the shock when these kind people came from behind me. I was so shocked that I didn’t know how to react! According to the forums no one else zergs aside from us, so you’ll of course see my utter shock!

First of all, that SS shows only about 10-15 people at most. Secondly we have all agreed that all of the servers run zergs. Another person who completely misses the concept of the discussion at hand.

#MAGSWAG: All class player. XOXO

4/5 HoD/NSP/SF

in WvW

Posted by: Waggs.1702

Waggs.1702

First of all, that SS shows only about 10-15 people at most. Secondly we have all agreed that all of the servers run zergs. Another person who completely misses the concept of the discussion at hand.

Congratulations sir, you completely nailed my point. Every server runs a zerg so people need to get over it and stop complaining.

4/5 HoD/NSP/SF

in WvW

Varconi.1804

Noooo i left before I this happened T_T I could have beena movie star!!!

I logged before all this fun too. You were with us for so long too.

4/5 HoD/NSP/SF

in WvW

Posted by: pita spoon.5708

pita spoon.5708

4 pages and not closed yet.. whats going on?

How many licks does it take to get to the tootsie roll center of a tootsie pop?
Let’s ask tootsie.

4/5 HoD/NSP/SF

in WvW

Varconi.1804

Congratulations sir, you completely nailed my point. Every server runs a zerg so people need to get over it and stop complaining.

Congratulations sir, it isn’t your point when it was argued long ago. As per the “zerg” you speak of I have never heard a single world complaining about 10-15 man “zergs” on SF in fact most of us on NSP and HoD pray for the times that we can find groups that size.

4/5 HoD/NSP/SF

in WvW

Posted by: EvilZombie.6801

EvilZombie.6801

HI all i am from SF …. why can’t we just be friends

HAHA! there’s nothing wrong going zerg, so please stop crying about zerg rushing here and there and spoil the fun.

here some advise PLAY SMART !!!!

4/5 HoD/NSP/SF

in WvW

Posted by: Wafflez.8460

Wafflez.8460

Here is some 3 manning by Rackin, Teivo and I, hope you enjoy.

The vid was done by rackin btw.

4/5 HoD/NSP/SF

in WvW

Posted by: Zen.1965

Zen.1965

Lulz @ PAXA and XOXO trolls xD

Seriously, you guys are funny… ish. Kind of try hards in my opinion but w/e. Btw, PAXA, where was your necro tonight?

Yeah Waggs SS only had whatever, 10-15. There was more. I know, you can see “Razs Lighter waves, cheers, etc”. Yeah, all servers zerg. You’d be severely challenged to argue otherwise. Also, if you interpreted what Waggs said as anymore as a poke to the threads worth (as we’ve had many) of complaining vs zergs, then again I gotta question what you’re smoking and if I could get some.

You troll people kill me xD Mostly because of the self-contradiction. I love that kitten honestly. kitten and complain about how “zerging is not our style” then join up a zerg to spawn camp SF spawn in NSP (coughPAXAcough). Then when the zerg mentality is thrown back at you people, demonstrated, you get all defensive like “we never said we didn’t zerg.” If that’s the case…. Get better at it.

Clearly we have demonstrated there is a difference of tactics, strategy, and even build, when it comes to solo roam vs small group vs zerg. All of which are applicable (which you have just admitted you won’t argue). So stop getting our match up threads closed mmkay?

And this kitten about “oh there’s no reward, oh there’s no money, oh there’s no this and that” about putting significance to points. It’s because we, as a server, want to get to a competitive level. The way this system works is you need WvW rating. SF is used to glicko expecting us to bust out 24/7 500+ rating points for an INCREASE in rating. If we fell below that we’d lose rating. We don’t enjoy the curbstomping we’ve given T8, let alone doing it again in T7. Maintaining the point count accelerates our ascension from this tier (which we can all agree is needed) and reach a tier that is competitive. So don’t act, when you kitten about the outnumbers, the zerging, etc, that there is no point to focusing on points in this match up. Self-contradictory…. Again.

So yeah anyways, keep trolling trolls, you’ll get better eventually. Just like (hopefully) your 5 mans will.

Done with this joke thread.

[Shin]
SF
Frosura master race

4/5 HoD/NSP/SF

in WvW

Posted by: Dogskins.1259

Dogskins.1259

[Shin] nice 2v3 at NSP blue

Possum Jankins – Suicide Bomber Engineer [VLK] HoD /// [RoT] Yak’s Bend

Just look for the black bearded human.

4/5 HoD/NSP/SF

in WvW

Zen.1965

[Shin] nice 2v3 at NSP blue

Thanks Dogskins Not sure who was there but appreciate the mention. Saw a lot of VLK tonight. Would you guys be interested in setting up a GvG? Doesn’t matter the numbers really, just something I think would benefit us both as a learning experience and get more of my guilds members interested in WvW.

[Shin]
SF
Frosura master race

4/5 HoD/NSP/SF

in WvW

Posted by: ChesterWing.5321

ChesterWing.5321

Before you go weren’t you that ele that showed he had no understanding of the difference between “diving” and “overextending” in that SPCA + XOXO video of them wiping your zerg? I can’t remember cause i dont have the link anymore and I remember you writing your lifestory about that video before the video came out or smthn

If so, I find it laughable anything you say

Here is some 3 manning by Rackin, Teivo and I, hope you enjoy.

The vid was done by rackin btw.

rofl that first song fit so well >.> WTF was that second fight why did they just train engineer the entire fight…

4/5 HoD/NSP/SF

in WvW

dank.3680

Seriously, you guys are funny… ish. Kind of try hards in my opinion but w/e. Btw, PAXA, where was your necro tonight?

Yeah Waggs SS only had whatever, 10-15. There was more. I know, you can see “Razs Lighter waves, cheers, etc”. Yeah, all servers zerg. You’d be severely challenged to argue otherwise. Also, if you interpreted what Waggs said as anymore as a poke to the threads worth (as we’ve had many) of complaining vs zergs, then again I gotta question what you’re smoking and if I could get some.

You troll people kill me xD Mostly because of the self-contradiction. I love that kitten honestly. kitten and complain about how “zerging is not our style” then join up a zerg to spawn camp SF spawn in NSP (coughPAXAcough). Then when the zerg mentality is thrown back at you people, demonstrated, you get all defensive like “we never said we didn’t zerg.” If that’s the case…. Get better at it.

Clearly we have demonstrated there is a difference of tactics, strategy, and even build, when it comes to solo roam vs small group vs zerg. All of which are applicable (which you have just admitted you won’t argue). So stop getting our match up threads closed mmkay?

And this kitten about “oh there’s no reward, oh there’s no money, oh there’s no this and that” about putting significance to points. It’s because we, as a server, want to get to a competitive level. The way this system works is you need WvW rating. SF is used to glicko expecting us to bust out 24/7 500+ rating points for an INCREASE in rating. If we fell below that we’d lose rating. We don’t enjoy the curbstomping we’ve given T8, let alone doing it again in T7. Maintaining the point count accelerates our ascension from this tier (which we can all agree is needed) and reach a tier that is competitive. So don’t act, when you kitten about the outnumbers, the zerging, etc, that there is no point to focusing on points in this match up. Self-contradictory…. Again.

So yeah anyways, keep trolling trolls, you’ll get better eventually. Just like (hopefully) your 5 mans will.

Please show me a current tier that is competitive other then t8 atm.

kthnxbb

4/5 HoD/NSP/SF

in WvW

Posted by: subcrazy.1098

subcrazy.1098

What do u want to know about the necro?

LavaFluxx – Ele
Ankle Bitër – Necro – Paxa
Necro and Ele small man videos:Necro/Ele Videos

4/5 HoD/NSP/SF

in WvW

Posted by: yanoch.7051

yanoch.7051

I understand your pain but on a more positive note it’s a pretty good looking screenshot.

Heiann – NSP

4/5 HoD/NSP/SF

in WvW

Zen.1965

Before you go weren’t you that ele that showed he had no understanding of the difference between “diving” and “overextending” in that SPCA + XOXO video of them wiping your zerg? I can’t remember cause i dont have the link anymore and I remember you writing your lifestory about that video before the video came out or smthn

ROFL omfg yes! That was me. Don’t remember much of that night. That was SUPER late night, sooo drunk. You guys run around that time usually?

Edit: @dank: It’s not about what’s currently competitive/balanced man. It’s about getting to a point where it isn’t one sided. You understand, right?

[Shin]
SF
Frosura master race

(edited by Zen.1965)

4/5 HoD/NSP/SF

in WvW

Posted by: ChesterWing.5321

ChesterWing.5321

ROFL omfg yes! That was me. Don’t remember much of that night. That was SUPER late night, sooo drunk. You guys run around that time usually?

Edit: @dank: It’s not about what’s currently competitive/balanced man. It’s about getting to a point where it isn’t one sided. You understand, right?

i wasn’t there…. im on “ehmry bay” for the 80th time

Altho im probably going to transfer back to NSP now that sekz guild was deleted so i have no more reason to be here. I’m on vacation atm so i’ll figure everything out when i get back ^>~

4/5 HoD/NSP/SF

in WvW

dank.3680

Sigh… Again – please show me a match that “isn’t one sided” which btw goes hand and hand with “competitive”. Or more then 1-2 at a time in the entire tier list that wasn’t one sided in any given relatively recent week.

http://mos.millenium.org/matchups#NA

4/5 HoD/NSP/SF

in WvW

Posted by: osif.8673

osif.8673

All day working against us. Bunker guild groups, zerg balls, attempted pbombing, you name it, and still no progress?

It was time for some 2v1 SM-taking action.

(part of) Henge’s first attempt http://i.imgur.com/YxKTuw0.jpg

(leftovers of) Henge/Peak’s second/first attempt (they got a little mixed up here, after this they stuck to their respective gates) http://i.imgur.com/H6a7lm0.jpg

Henge’s third attempt, again in the last stages (mid-battle’s a tad hectic for screens) http://i.imgur.com/ruxAWkF.jpg

Didn’t get any of Peaks’ twoish efforts on the Eastern gate as they were beaten back so quickly. You both sort of dribbled off after this and shifted to more manageable targets; camps, single towers, Dredge…

Gee, it’s a good thing SF is a zerg server. We really needed numbers against your ze… concentrated mass of small groups.

Hi. This video is made for you.

Miller Time – 80 Sylvari Mesmer
Not Just A Goodtime – 80 Asura Warrior
[PAXA]

4/5 HoD/NSP/SF

in WvW

Zen.1965

Altho im probably going to transfer back to NSP now that sekz guild was deleted so i have no more reason to be here. I’m on vacation atm so i’ll figure everything out when i get back ^>~

Sorry bro, honestly didn’t know. After how ever many closed threads, etc, etc, it’s hard to keep up with specifics of what is said ya know? And that’s cool if you’re coming back to NSP or w.e. Just didn’t really expect someone in a diff server to call out that vid.

Yeah…. that was a sloppy night. Pretty sure I actually gave props to the XOXO/SPCA (is that it? Can’t remember the S guild) on melting my face that night. I think I remember looking at my combat log after the necro hit like “wtf just happened?” but that was a super sloppy night. I was running icon cuz it was more of a “capture a point and hold” mentality than anything. So of course everyone on map was grouping around me. Not usually that sloppy but alcohol has that effect

@dank, dude chill. With a name like yours I figured you’d already be. It’s not like I’m looking for a super balanced match up or anything like that. It’s looking for a tier where our server (SF) isn’t just mindlessly zerging other servers and winning. Need challenge. That’s where points/rating comes in. Like connect the dots man, I didn’t think I needed to do it for you.

[Shin]
SF
Frosura master race

4/5 HoD/NSP/SF

in WvW

Posted by: osif.8673

osif.8673

Did you roll us with a zerg or something?

Miller Time – 80 Sylvari Mesmer
Not Just A Goodtime – 80 Asura Warrior
[PAXA]

4/5 HoD/NSP/SF

in WvW

Zen.1965

Nah no zerg. You guys run solid builds, solid synergies. Very evasive. Remember I think 2 mesmers, a guardian, an S/D ele, and… Forget who else. In all honesty that was more of a troll comment The fight was legit, lots of fun and back and forth, lasted a long time. You guys can run though god kitten Esp the ele…

Edit: I waved at the ele a couple times <3 enemy eles.

[Shin]
SF
Frosura master race

4/5 HoD/NSP/SF

in WvW

dank.3680

Sorry bro, honestly didn’t know. After how ever many closed threads, etc, etc, it’s hard to keep up with specifics of what is said ya know? And that’s cool if you’re coming back to NSP or w.e. Just didn’t really expect someone in a diff server to call out that vid.

Yeah…. that was a sloppy night. Pretty sure I actually gave props to the XOXO/SPCA (is that it? Can’t remember the S guild) on melting my face that night. I think I remember looking at my combat log after the necro hit like “wtf just happened?” but that was a super sloppy night. I was running icon cuz it was more of a “capture a point and hold” mentality than anything. So of course everyone on map was grouping around me. Not usually that sloppy but alcohol has that effect

@dank, dude chill. With a name like yours I figured you’d already be. It’s not like I’m looking for a super balanced match up or anything like that. It’s looking for a tier where our server (SF) isn’t just mindlessly zerging other servers and winning. Need challenge. That’s where points/rating comes in. Like connect the dots man, I didn’t think I needed to do it for you.

Naw man I’m quite chill.. Just trying to get you to understand that it’s going to be like this in every tier. It is every week, in just about every tier. Weekly *maybe 1-3 matches resemble balance out of all 24 servers. I’ve played on just about every tier btw, I actually started the game on HOD when it was the #1 server forever. I purposely moved to lower tiers to get away from that stuff(and the horrendous queues).

A lot of people still don’t realize what they are holding out for months and months for just doesn’t exist. You guys literally suffered 4 months in a stale match in hopes of moving up and having something different. Now you have moved up, it’s still the same thing. You will eventually move up again (it’s going to take awhile judging current ratings fluxuation), and it’s still going to be the same.. Eventually you’ll hit the spot where YOU are now on the hopeless end of things.

This cycle continues over and over.. This is a fact that the majority of all tiers are unbalance and have been, this is supported by statistical data kept on the site I linked earlier.

I want to change peoples mindsets about the game. I want people to realize there is more to the game then “zerg to win, win to move up, zerg to win, win to move up” and so on. I want more people to realize how much more potential for them to have fun there is out there that they aren’t experiencing. I know it’s not an easy task, changing minds – but I don’t care. —This btw is a philosophy you can happily associate with my name.

(edited by dank.3680)

4/5 HoD/NSP/SF

in WvW

Posted by: Skarloc.2569

Skarloc.2569

Did you roll us with a zerg or something?

The zergs were out in full force tonight though. If it wasn’t a random person or two, it was at least 10+ the entire night. The 1 key was mashed a whole lot tonight.

[PAXA] Skarllok – 80 Mesmer/ Skarrlloc – 80 Guardian
[FUN] [FUN II] [Jonathan Taylor Thomas] – DAoC, WoW, WAR

4/5 HoD/NSP/SF

in WvW

Posted by: Lucky Shot.8740

Lucky Shot.8740

Best moment of the night for me happened in EB. HOD had been backed to their spawn and activated their breakout event. Our forces (SF) decided to attempt to defend against this from inside Jerrifers when Siegegrazer was spotted. On the way to the tower, a good sized NSP zerg advanced right past us as we moved into the tower totally ignoring us only to run smack into the buffed HOD zerg. We were stunned by our good luck to escape and NSP’s bad luck to run into it. The game crashed on me just after NSP and HOD met so I missed out on seeing what was next but that was one of the better wvw moments I’ve had.

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=35d2udh&s=6

4/5 HoD/NSP/SF

in WvW

Posted by: Azaruil.3406

Azaruil.3406

They joined a zerg to spawn camp you? Really? Are you talking about when they were fighting alongside our 7-man guild group to push back the masses of SF that were streaming out of the spawn?

Yeah… they joined a real big zerg there. (My elemental doesn’t count as a person btw.)

Aza
“I smell like pomegranate.”

4/5 HoD/NSP/SF

in WvW

Posted by: Verras.5013

Verras.5013

I try to stray from the zergs during our servers downtime. I roam the battlefields sometimes by myself, sometimes with 2 of my guildmates and look for XOXO and PAXA members. To be honest I’m usually trying out specs and my 1v1 to 5v5 skills aren’t too good. I prefer 10v10 or 20v20 as my spec I am used to is huge group utility. But, whenever I find a PAXA group or XOXO group, I think ‘one of these members will give me a nice fair 1v1.’ I don’t know why I think that everytime probably because of forum posts. But, I get jumped by 3 to 6 members and die on the field all by my lonesome. Although, I think the reason being is that the people on the forums posting about loving fair small fights are not there and these are different people who’ve been zerged over and over again and are now out for blood. But since then I just avoid you guys now because I know 1v1s can’t be had in WVW (90% of the time). All is fair in WvW though, I’m not complaining about getting jumped by a lot of members just letting you guys know that some people are splitting from the zergs. I guess I’ll try to muster 4 more people and go searching for you guys again.

I also admire the kill and do not tell motto of PAXA. It makes me respect your guild more. But, I think XOXO and PAXA are trying to enforce their “split for the zerg and come fight us as small groups” a bit aggressively. Example: saying that “people who zerg are mindless”, “you guys just press 1 to win”, “get some skill and come 5v5.” Not exact quotes but the just of it. This not only aggravates people but also scares off some people who want to try roaming around and fighting you guys. It makes it seem like small man groups are for the elites of the elite and casual players have no place. I remember back in the day I would roam with 3/4 people and fight people but for the longest time the community made me feel like I was not worthy or skilled enough to try it. So I stayed with the zerg most of the time until I decided one day to try it. Also, it makes it seem like we (the small 5 man) are representing the whole server so if we lost badly the forums would blow up with “L0L SF sux look @ this 5 man we beat so ez didnt lose a member. h4h4 get some skill insert screenshot here”.

Just my thoughts on the matter, carry on.

King Verras ~ SF ~ Necromancer ~ [eXo] Guild
eXo taking credit for things we did not achieve.
eXo dying in outnumbered fights since May 2013.

4/5 HoD/NSP/SF

in WvW

Varconi.1804

I also admire the kill and do not tell motto of PAXA. It makes me respect your guild more. But, I think XOXO and PAXA are trying to enforce their “split for the zerg and come fight us as small groups” a bit aggressively. Example: saying that “people who zerg are mindless”, “you guys just press 1 to win”, “get some skill and come 5v5.” Not exact quotes but the just of it. This not only aggravates people but also scares off some people who want to try roaming around and fighting you guys.

You realize that PAXA has offered help to anyone who was interested in trying to learn small group play? Promoting small group play is the goal of all those who enjoy this style.

As for the first part about pressing 1 to win and zergs being mindless, if you can tell me how pressing 1 in a zerg is not “mindless” I am ready to read a well thought out response. Some people play to relax and want a mindless experience we are reaching out to people who are interested in an engaging experience where every split second decision you make matters.

4/5 HoD/NSP/SF

in WvW

dank.3680

long post

I’m truley sorry this happens to you and I know how frustrating it is. I’ll just say I have much respect for everything you said in this post and can totally understand the points you make in the second paragraph.

This part:
“It makes it seem like small man groups are for the elites of the elite and casual players have no place.”

Is actually something I never considered and I’m sure am guilty of. I will keep that in mind the more I post about the subject.

You are probably right about the out for blood thing, PvP tag has kind of a stigma on it right now. But just getting the info out there that you guys are out there attempting this might be enough right there to change that. You also have to consider that we may have just got out of a big battle and are just covering our bases by killing you not knowing what is lurking shortly after (because of the stigma of PvP normally zerging).

If you do encounter a group of XOXO and want to try some duels or small group on group fair fights, just show some kind of indication of that.. Jumping around in circles is one way we communicate with the other servers sentiments like that As are friendly emotes(such as stopping at a distance and sitting or bowing). You could also try to /join on one of us with us selected or if you recognize one of us from here (for example my giant norn mesmer – the only one in XOXO) – just send a /w.

That said if you rather set up duels or things like that ahead of time, we would always be glad to oblige to those types of things as well.

4/5 HoD/NSP/SF

in WvW

Posted by: Verras.5013

Verras.5013

You realize that PAXA has offered help to anyone who was interested in trying to learn small group play? Promoting small group play is the goal of all those who enjoy this style.

As for the first part about pressing 1 to win and zergs being mindless, if you can tell me how pressing 1 in a zerg is not “mindless” I am ready to read a well thought out response. Some people play to relax and want a mindless experience we are reaching out to people who are interested in an engaging experience where every split second decision you make matters.

Well it’s not as simple as one would think, you got to analyze who’s down and what hp of downed they are at. Then you can correctly time your 1s for max efficiency of tagging them before they go down to increase your loot threshold. But, to be honest the ones in the front lines usually take the opponents out and the “1 pressers” are just tagging you for WXP and loot. Maybe 10 to 20 people do the work. Not going to say all zerg is skillful or not mindless just making a general statement to all those that zerg are mindless or have no skill is to broad and is personally targetted to every individual in zergs which make your statements aggressive.

@dank

If you are the only norn mesmer I’ve encountered you earlier this morning I believe with 2 other mesmers. I was the necro who was fighting the sentry in SF BLs as you fought 3 of my other servermates before turning to me to kill me. I fought you 3 a couple of times but 3 mesmers turn into 12 pretty quick (clones) and I usually get frustated and just jump around. But, if I find you on the fields I will keep in mind the /bow, /sit and jumping around. Didn’t know what signals you used to say you were looking for a dual or what not.

About PvP stigma, you are probably correct to assume there is more of us. I am aware that things may have gone down previous and you guys are defending or doing your own thing. I’m not expecting you guys to drop what you are doing to 1v1 me everytime I want it.

Also, after I find you and you pummel me to death in a 1v1, please whisper me with criticism and maybe some build choices or tactics to beat a certain class. Nothing to in depth as to give away your tactics or strategies. But anything would be helpful. I’ll signal it’s me by using /ponder or some strange emote.

EDIT: Off to bed, but I’m usually roaming around 12pm-7pm EST [maybe ending earlier due to reset night, I like to be in my warm fuzzy zerg ball on reset nights.]

King Verras ~ SF ~ Necromancer ~ [eXo] Guild
eXo taking credit for things we did not achieve.
eXo dying in outnumbered fights since May 2013.

(edited by Verras.5013)

4/5 HoD/NSP/SF

in WvW

Posted by: KyoHanakaze.8145

KyoHanakaze.8145

To the [KING] mesmer that I just killed in the EB jumping puzzle:

I’m sorry. Under normal circumstances, I’d have let you go; however, your servermates were camping the end of the JP and I in no way could afford to let them acquire any more forces, and I had no promise that you wouldn’t help them. I’m sorry~ <3

It was fun to watch you die, though. I wasn’t expecting that point-blank shot to kill you, I just wanted to push you off.

HoD/Valkyria Immortalis[VLK]
Iverna//Ranger
Adrienne Stormborn//Elementalist

4/5 HoD/NSP/SF

in WvW

Posted by: modDW.4187

modDW.4187

all ur castle belog to us! ha ha ha

http://iforce.co.nz/i/kkaj1xob.x14.jpg

-Your Big Horse

4/5 HoD/NSP/SF

in WvW

Skarloc.2569

small-group stuff…

Don’t take it personal, it has nothing to do with us wanting to pick on someone solo. Given that we’re outnumbered 95% of the time, I feel your pain on not being able to find somewhat of a fair fight. However, these games are so far removed from catering to a solo player that you’re definitely in the minority when you roam around solo. Hell, what we do is certainly in the minority and we run with a full group. It’s not as if we’re jumping on your body, emoting you, or coming to the forums and bragging about killing you, you just happened to be in the way. We take no pride in killing a solo player with a full group, our focus is looking for groups that will give us a challenge.

I don’t think the way we respond to posts has anything to do with people not wanting to engage in small-group fights. What scares off people from wanting to do small-group fights is that it’s a much tougher play style than what 95% of the player base is used to. The learning curve is higher, and the survival rate is much lower for people trying to get into it. People want to win, and people don’t want to die. I know it’s just a video game, but losing/dying can be frustrating for people who are accustomed to winning through sheer mass of numbers. The comments we make about pressing 1 and the zerg being mindless are partially in jest, but there’s some significant truth to it as well. There are certainly some solid players who zerg, but for the most part, most of them are not, and fall into these categories. You have to realize, these same people are usually the ones who come to the forums and have zero problem thrashing us on a nightly basis.

I know how I come across on the forums, and I do so because I’m not here to seek anyone’s approval. I am quite sarcastic, but I always try to make a valid point about what’s being talked about. Again, you don’t have to like me, but that doesn’t make what I’m saying any less true. This is not the fourth grade, and I am not here to hold anyone’s hand or give out gold stars to the nicest kid in the class. I respond to topics based on how they are directed towards me. If you notice, a rather large majority of the PAXA topics are started by others, and finished by PAXA. Now, that’s not always the case, but there are many people here who are quick to throw out generalizations and exaggerated truths about what occurs in this game. When that happens, I respond based on the tone that is thrown my way. Last night’s tower fight is a prime example of multiple people taking an aggressive attitude and exaggerated account of what really happened. Hell, the guy from [Shin] in several posts up is another recent example of someone taking shots at us, and doing so while telling a story that isn’t even true. Did we post anything about him or his guild? Absolutely not, he feels the need to say that, so he said it. I don’t fault him for it, but my response is not going to be inviting him over for a beer. An ignorant post deserves an equal response… at least on a video game forum it does. It’s why I’m not directing a hostile response towards you, because it’s very clear that’s not your tone.

We would love for more people to run around in small groups, and we absolutely know the challenge that comes with trying to do it for the first time. When I started playing MMO’s back in the DAoC days, I zerged for a while as well. I always thought that was the main attraction to the game. Well, I found out how wrong I was when I started running in small-man groups. I was not real great when I started doing it, but not many people are. There’s a lot of coordination involved, and that style of play pushes you to play your class more than you’re used to, so it’s a tough transition. Despite that, we don’t mock people for wanting to try that out, as we never post about killing individual players/groups. The thrill of this game is the actual competitive fights that we engage in, not letting a group know how bad they are. Like we said in previous threads, if this is something you’re interested in, you could send one of us a message and we would be more than happy to answer any questions you might have. We’ve had a lot of experience doing this sort of thing, and have no problem helping people out that are wanting to get into it.

4/5 HoD/NSP/SF

in WvW

Posted by: KyoHanakaze.8145

KyoHanakaze.8145

I guess you could say it was some really good fights in the EB Jp tonight. We won the fighting game, but you guys won the numbers game.

HoD/Valkyria Immortalis[VLK]
Iverna//Ranger
Adrienne Stormborn//Elementalist

4/5 HoD/NSP/SF

in WvW

Posted by: Logi.5612

Logi.5612

DAoC days

Oooo nice u played daoc what guild,class,rr?

Currently in EU – [Au]

http://tinyurl.com/NewNecroVideoAu

4/5 HoD/NSP/SF

in WvW

Posted by: Pizz.3698

Pizz.3698

Great duel to the [VLK]Elementalist in the HoD spawn @ SFBL. Was fun !

Piiz

4/5 HoD/NSP/SF

in WvW

Posted by: Typhus.3502

Typhus.3502

I’ve been roaming mornings and afternoons when I have time. (The guild things happen later at night.) And while I’ve found a few exciting fights, most of them seem to get broken up by roving groups. So I was wondering if someone wanted to set something up, some fun 1v1’s in the dusty corner of some borderland? Pm me!

[TW] Pumped

4/5 HoD/NSP/SF

in WvW

Skarloc.2569

DAoC days

[FUN]/[FUN II]. I spent most of my time on Alb where my Merc was my main, but I also played Sorc quite a bit, as well as a Pally when we needed one. It’s been a while, but I think I got the Merc and Sorc to 11, and the Pally I got to 8 I think. I played Zerker, SM, and Savage on Mid. I got the Zerker and Savage to 7, and the SM to 10 or 11, I can’t remember. I didn’t play Hib, none of our guys ever wanted to. Realm ranks were pretty easy to farm, we had a pretty competitive group running. I cannot wait for Camelot Unchained to come out.

4/5 HoD/NSP/SF

in WvW

Zen.1965

Last night’s tower fight is a prime example of multiple people taking an aggressive attitude and exaggerated account of what really happened. Hell, the guy from [Shin] in several posts up is another recent example of someone taking shots at us, and doing so while telling a story that isn’t even true. Did we post anything about him or his guild? Absolutely not, he feels the need to say that, so he said it. I don’t fault him for it, but my response is not going to be inviting him over for a beer. An ignorant post deserves an equal response… at least on a video game forum it does. It’s why I’m not directing a hostile response towards you, because it’s very clear that’s not your tone.

Beg your pardon? I assume you’re talking about me because of the mention of [Shin] as I’m the only one rocking that tag in the sig right now (Waggs btw is from Shin). Telling a story that isn’t true? I’m sorry, I don’t know if you were there or not. I also will not be held accountable for (potentially) a faulty memory. What I remember is being at Hills in one of the BLs, think it was HoD but not sure, ninja cata location (we all know it), we had a zerg. PAXA showed up before we even set up at hills, saw us, but sat at a distance and didn’t engage. Cool. Then when we set up you guys came in. We pushed you back, most of the zerg/PUG/w.e stuck around the cata. It was mostly shin that chased you guys down the hill back towards the tower. There we had a great fight. It was honestly awesome, loved it. The numbers weren’t stupidly skewed to our favour or anything (at one point I think it was 2 Shin, me and a ranger, vs 3-4 of yours, etc). In the end, PAXA lost. Next time I saw them was at SF spawn in NSP BL. I don’t see where I’m lying or telling false stories or anything. What gives? VLK shouted out to us, I shouted out back, had good fights with that guild. Why’s it any diff with our guilds?

I tossed props your way, said you run solid builds with good synergies. Sure, I took some trollish potshots at you but can you blame me? We have what? 4? 5? Closed threads… PAXA being involved in a lot of it… C’mon now. Don’t play the victim. (I know you’re going to not like me saying that, you’ll come up with something, want to respond to it, etc, but let’s get real that’s how you come off right now).

Honestly, if you want consistent 5v5 man challenges, go sPvP. Period. Oh can’t run your specific WvW based build there due to restrictions and nerfs? That sucks, but it’s about skill right? I want to point something out…

We take no pride in killing a solo player with a full group, our focus is looking for groups that will give us a challenge.

Isn’t this EXACTLY what SF has been saying the whole time? As your guild and others have sat here saying we zerg with no skill etc etc? We take no pride in steamrolling a server because of numbers. We came out of T8 doing that, here we are in T7 facing the same criticisms, the same bullkitten. Yet many of you ask, why do points matter? Why do we care? It’s because the points, the rating, is what puts us into a tier. That we want a tier with similar numbers, we want to be receiving instead of giving for a change, so that it can force us to adapt, evolve, grow, and develop as a server. Not to sit in a forum kitten contest, not to farm world completion and badges, but to feel the pressure of a competitive environment to FORCE us to become more organized. THAT’s the reward. Just as you talk about how 5v5, small groups, etc, improves individual skill (I AGREE) we want that as a SERVER. Big picture kitten. Not everyone is in here for just small group (btw sPvP accommodates that sort of player quite well).

Your post overall is respectful. I appreciate it. At the same time, it has been PAXA and XOXO and guilds like that that have encouraged the aggression, animosity, and have been pivotal in the closure of numerous match up threads before this. So in that sense, your post is kind of hypocritical don’t you think? Not trying to stir the pot here, just saying. Remember, as defensive as you are of your guild, I am of mine. We’re chips off the same block so to speak.

@Azaruil.3406: Dunno man, you’d have to be more specific or I’d have to reference SS/video. We weren’t in HoD BL, it was NSP. NSP’s “large group” was on our break out tower, HoD’s “large group” kept fighting us at the spawn relatively ignoring NSP. There was PAXA among many other HoD tags/guilds/members/w.e. It wasn’t like we were out zerging you and I’d consider what we had to be a zerg. Not going to argue semantics. Have screenshots though so if “pics or it didn’t happen” is the mentality I can post them. Doesn’t seem significant enough to me to though.

[Shin]
SF
Frosura master race

4/5 HoD/NSP/SF

in WvW

Posted by: Logi.5612

Logi.5612

DAoC days

[FUN]/[FUN II]. I spent most of my time on Alb where my Merc was my main, but I also played Sorc quite a bit, as well as a Pally when we needed one. It’s been a while, but I think I got the Merc and Sorc to 11, and the Pally I got to 8 I think. I played Zerker, SM, and Savage on Mid. I got the Zerker and Savage to 7, and the SM to 10 or 11, I can’t remember. I didn’t play Hib, none of our guys ever wanted to. Realm ranks were pretty easy to farm, we had a pretty competitive group running. I cannot wait for Camelot Unchained to come out.

Nice, ive got stuffon all 3 realms, rr10 sm, rr8 champ and menta, and some other rr5’sand 6’s on alb and hib. But yeh ever since NF got added and the rp patch, it was pretty easy to get the rrs. Did you roam isle?
During the end i played molvik and cathal alot though. Alot of people did which made for very good competative small man fights.

Hope to fight u guys in gw2 again though. tM is refining our 3man lately and i think we can pose a serious challenge for you guys, although lately it seems paxa has abit more people so we’ll have to get even better to win dat 3v5 haha.

Currently in EU – [Au]

http://tinyurl.com/NewNecroVideoAu

4/5 HoD/NSP/SF

in WvW

Skarloc.2569

Beg your pardon? I assume you’re talking about me because of the mention of [Shin] as I’m the only one rocking that tag in the sig right now (Waggs btw is from Shin). Telling a story that isn’t true? I’m sorry, I don’t know if you were there or not. I also will not be held accountable for (potentially) a faulty memory. What I remember is… a fight at Hills that we are hearing about for the first time. Fairly truthful portrayal of what happened.

I’m referring to your post where you said we were zerging the SF spawn, and then you went on a rant about self-contradiction and other nonsense. Again, another post where our names came up because of not something we started, but something you started. As KoM pointed out, there were 6 PAXA members and 7 KoM members in the area. NSP and SF had large zergs around Redlake and we were baiting and hitting in separate groups. When one zerg would hit one of our groups, the other group would scatter the zerg from behind. Were you to combine our two groups, we still had less than either side, so your comment is way off either way. The only time our two groups were ever in the same place is when we were in the process of routing one of the zergs.

As to the other fight near Hills, I was indeed there, and that was a good fight. We couldn’t find any groups less than 10-15 so we were trying to see if we could extend out any of the zergs we came across. Your [Shin] group chased after us, but not before the zerg got our warrior and guardian. By the time we were fighting you guys, it was just 3 of us. I would have liked to see how that fight would have ended up if it was just us, but adds kept trickling in and we just got overwhelmed. But, we’re not talking about this fight as it’s the first time you posted about it, I was referring to your original comment several posts back. Had this been your original comment, I wouldn’t have said what I said, but did so because, as you said, you were taking trollish potshots.

Sure, I took some trollish potshots at you but can you blame me? We have what? 4? 5? Closed threads… PAXA being involved in a lot of it… C’mon now. Don’t play the victim.

So it’s all right for you to take trollish potshots at us, simply because you think PAXA is heavily involved in threads being closed? You do realize that random trollish potshots are the reason threads are being closed, right? You know… the thing you just admitted to doing… taking trollish potshots… yeah, just let that sink in. Since we’ve established that you are openly participating in the exact thing you are getting upset about, let’s move on to other points. First off, I’m not playing a victim. I have been rather direct in how I come across, and why I post the way I do. Not sure why you’re even trying to play that card, but whatever. I have no doubt that a thread has been closed over a topic that originally started out with an @PAXA, but those topics are hostile in nature from the get go and I’ll respond accordingly. If that gets a thread closed, so be it.

the sPvP rant again…

As has been mentioned countless times before, sPvP is a joke of a PvP format. There’s very few people who play it and even fewer who actually consider it a legitimate form of competitive PvP. We prefer roaming WvW action, not standing in a circle.

score/zerg talk…

I have nothing against SF or what you are wanting to do. SF is in the place it is now because of a deeply flawed scoring/ranking system. For those of you that do care about that sort of thing, I can understand the frustration that you feel.

Your post overall is respectful. I appreciate it. At the same time, it has been PAXA and XOXO and guilds like that that have encouraged the aggression, animosity, and have been pivotal in the closure of numerous match up threads before this. So in that sense, your post is kind of hypocritical don’t you think? Not trying to stir the pot here, just saying. Remember, as defensive as you are of your guild, I am of mine. We’re chips off the same block so to speak.

At no point we have ever encouraged aggression or animosity. Some of my posts are condescending in nature, and when they are it’s always in response to someone having directed a topic at myself or my guild. And just to be clear, you need to realize that there are several anonymous trolls who are actively trying to get threads closed. A lot of these trolls have no association with PAXA whatsoever, so I really think you should take a closer look at who’s saying what.

4/5 HoD/NSP/SF

in WvW

Skarloc.2569

DAoC days

Nice, ive got stuffon all 3 realms, rr10 sm, rr8 champ and menta, and some other rr5’sand 6’s on alb and hib. But yeh ever since NF got added and the rp patch, it was pretty easy to get the rrs. Did you roam isle?
During the end i played molvik and cathal alot though. Alot of people did which made for very good competative small man fights.

Hope to fight u guys in gw2 again though. tM is refining our 3man lately and i think we can pose a serious challenge for you guys, although lately it seems paxa has abit more people so we’ll have to get even better to win dat 3v5 haha.

Yeah, I would love to fight you guys. Right now, if literally everyone is on, we have enough to field 2 full groups. The idea is for us to run two separate groups, but it can be hard to get everyone on at the same time.

4/5 HoD/NSP/SF

in WvW

Posted by: Nausicca.6038

Nausicca.6038

I also admire the kill and do not tell motto of PAXA. It makes me respect your guild more. But, I think XOXO and PAXA are trying to enforce their “split for the zerg and come fight us as small groups” a bit aggressively. Example: saying that “people who zerg are mindless”, “you guys just press 1 to win”, “get some skill and come 5v5.” Not exact quotes but the just of it. This not only aggravates people but also scares off some people who want to try roaming around and fighting you guys. It makes it seem like small man groups are for the elites of the elite and casual players have no place. I remember back in the day I would roam with 3/4 people and fight people but for the longest time the community made me feel like I was not worthy or skilled enough to try it. So I stayed with the zerg most of the time until I decided one day to try it. Also, it makes it seem like we (the small 5 man) are representing the whole server so if we lost badly the forums would blow up with “L0L SF sux look @ this 5 man we beat so ez didnt lose a member. h4h4 get some skill insert screenshot here”.

Hi Verras,

XOXO is far from being elitist. If it was the case, I would never have joined them. We would be very happy to fight more small groups, even if they are less skilled or anything.
When I start roaming, I wasn’t good at all. But the only part of the population who was emoting on my corpse when I was losing was zergs.
I’ve been killed many times by PAXA and they never /laugh at me. Same for GT and all the small groups outthere.
I can’t say the same about zerglings ( not only SF, but all the zergs).

How many times zerglings ran from me in a 1v3 just to hide in a tower and /laugh at me? It happens everyday. Then their zerg comes, wrecks me and they jump off their walls to dance on my body.
Zergling behaviour is horrible most of times. But yes… they do this “to win”.

I believe that people in their zerg don’t want to solo/small group roam because of their own attitude. They certainly won’t appreciate to see 10 times their numbers laughing at their corpses while they are trying to experience something different (and harder).

VoxL, NSPPT