A kitteny decision I have made

in WvW

Posted by: fett.9573

fett.9573

I am trying to discuss another option which is simply not to bother with those builds. Don’t fight them. Don’t worsen the problem. Don’t leave the game. Don’t feel it is a requirement to stay with a blob. Don’t fight a build that you do not have fun fighting regardless of the outcome.

You never answered my other question. Do you have fun while restarting? Is it more enjoyable to you than reviving? I would think it takes less time to just die and revive than to restart the game.
Don’t like the build? just sit there and die then. Quicker to rez than to alt f4.

in WvW

Posted by: Sepreh.5924

Sepreh.5924

I am trying to discuss another option which is simply not to bother with those builds. Don’t fight them. Don’t worsen the problem. Don’t leave the game. Don’t feel it is a requirement to stay with a blob. Don’t fight a build that you do not have fun fighting regardless of the outcome.

You never answered my other question. Do you have fun while restarting? Is it more enjoyable to you than reviving? I would think it takes less time to just die and revive than to restart the game.
Don’t like the build? just sit there and die then. Quicker to rez than to alt f4.

Haha, that makes a lot of sense. Or just /sleep

Legendary Sepreh, Necromancer
[SYN] Synyster Legion | Dragonbrand Server
Youtube Necromancer

in WvW

Posted by: fett.9573

fett.9573

Do you realize how silly your alt f4 option is yet?

in WvW

Sepreh.5924

Do you realize how silly your alt f4 option is yet?

Well I still think it is a viable option (opponent does not get to kill something) but the more I am thinking about it, the more I am liking the idea of /sleep

Youtube Necromancer

in WvW

Posted by: x Charlie.4820

x Charlie.4820

As a power necro, there is little/no disengage so that is less of an option. I try to alt-f4 as soon as I see that it is an unfun build in order to drive the point home that I am not ragequitting, just refusing to fight

Condi pu mesmers won’t kill anything if u just walk away, They have no burst at all and rely on you to kill their clones to do damage. It’s probably the lowest skilled mesmer build in the game atm.

Chazwyne, Necromancer <3
Smallscale <3 Vabbi
The Original Dudes [to]

in WvW

Posted by: frans.8092

frans.8092

Now while roaming in WvW, I have found myself coming up against two broad categories of opponents. Opponents who are fun to fight and those who use extremely broken mechanics to great effect. There are several builds that exist that, IMO, are just not fun to fight.

You are saying that (a) anything that isn’t fun for you to fight is broken and that (b) essentially everyone should run builds that you find fun to fight.

Don’t you think that is a bit selfish?

in WvW

Posted by: Moka.9641

Moka.9641

You haven’t defined what is fun for you to fight. Other power builds? Hammer/bow warriors? SD engies? When you’re winning? What is it?

[AW]- The Holy Engineer

in WvW

Posted by: Tallis.5607

Tallis.5607

It’s an ooooold debate that the DEVs just don’t listen too. There are indeed builds that are OP, plain and simple. But we discussed this a 100 times on the forums and they just don’t care. They just don’t.

It is impossible, as in literally im-pos-si-ble, to kill this type of builds. That is the very definition of being OP. But the DEVs refuse to do anything about it.

And so, yes, a certain type of play enjoys being invincible and killing other people. There is nothing you can do about these people, because they have the support of the DEVs. They won’t go away.

So, you just got to live with the fact that these people exist. Nothing you can do about OP people if the DEVs allow it.

Tallis – Perpetual newbie – Tarnished Coast.
Always carries a towel – Never panics – Eats cookies.

in WvW

Posted by: Pretty Pixie.8603

Pretty Pixie.8603

Taking your ball and going home does not earn you the moral high ground.

stop kidding yourself.

Relentless Inquisition [PAIN] – FA

in WvW

Posted by: Cassocaster.4576

Cassocaster.4576

Despite my agreement with the fact that some of these builds are over powered, they aren’t going anywhere. I got ganked (as well as 2 server mates) by a good Mesmer this morning. He out fought 3 people and then, as I lay dead on the ground, he bowed to me. I though, that’s a classy move, you beat me but you didn’t jump up and down on my face to rub it in, you bowed. That’s the way that type of build should be played, not as a na-na-na, I kicked your tail.

We are not going to convince ANet, OP’d thieves and mesmers to drop these builds. Would you want someone to take away your best weapons and give you a blue level 20 staff to play with? How about stripping your condi dmg or making it victim to the defense of armor?

Every class has something, burst damage, stealth, overly long range for a ranger, ahem. If we take these advantages that ALL occupations have, it will get boring super fast. I am sure you have used your necro to damage someone through a wall, not many classes can do that.

I say that if you want to fight them, fight them but if you find that the battle is not fun because of the build’s power, use your abilities to escape the opponent and deny them their reward instead of handing it to them by pulling an ALT-F4. If you die fighting then at least you made them earn it and potentially a team mate will come along to rez or finish the weakened foe off.

O, and don’t forget to involve the flora and fauna as well when in a fight like this. Nothing like a riled up Veteran Oakheart or a flock of perturbed moas to make everyone’s life a little more interesting. They are equal opportunity attackers! As I said before, happy roaming.

in WvW

Posted by: Eon.5428

Eon.5428

So id like to start with that if anyone ever alt-f4 that means i won. It doesn’t matter if you think my build is op or just not fun if your not willing to even try to beat it you lost. There is a difference between a fight you don’t want to engage maybe catching up to your group or whatever but if you close the game you lose.

Moving on im not terribly familiar with power necro but here some ideas. Condie mesmer just leave dont want to fight just walk away or better yet practice seeing which is the real mesmer and kill them. Perma evade thief yes annoying but trying fighting them instead of rage quieting and you will learn their movements and when to hit them. Perma stealth is gone after the d/p nerf.

in WvW

Posted by: K U T M.4539

K U T M.4539

Why are people still complaining about perplexity runes? It has a decent length ICD now. It requires skilled timing to use them to their full potential. I don’t see how this is still an issue.

no it doesnt hahahahaha

edit: Actually, come to think of it, I don’t think a lot of players in this game count cooldowns.

So maybe keeping track of an 8 sec icd is “Skillful” for players, but w/e,

Basic [BS] NSP/Mag

in WvW

Posted by: SoLeciTO.3490

SoLeciTO.3490

I’ll never understand why people Alt-F4.

Same goes for running away from a 1v1 before we’ve even engaged each other.

You might win some, you might lose even more, but at least have the sack to have a crack at it – worst case you spend a silver in repairs and finish with a bruised ego.

Actually i love when they Alt-F4.

It feels more rewarding when you make a people to reopen the entire game.

Honestly i read and i can not believe how some some people actually thinks xD.

in WvW

Posted by: sminkiottone.6972

sminkiottone.6972

Why are people still complaining about perplexity runes? It has a decent length ICD now. It requires skilled timing to use them to their full potential. I don’t see how this is still an issue.

It doesn’t require skill to interrupt autoattacks lol, and as long as those runes are not in sPvP it means they are broken.

Or maybe you where talking about the 8s icd ? the skilled players can also count down to 10 XD…

in WvW

Posted by: dagneyandleo.6378

dagneyandleo.6378

It doesn’t require skill to interrupt autoattacks lol, and as long as those runes are not in sPvP it means they are broken.

Ohhh. Good to know. Give me a sec while I delete my traveler’s runes, foodstuffs, boon duration runes, ascended gear, base armour stats and varied trinket stats. Since sPvP is the standard for balance in WvW, I’m certain that if I get rid of these I certainly won’t be able to run a PU build on my mesmer and kill people 1v1. I mean, I’ve never heard of people running that build in sPvP.

On the main topic: It seems to be that ‘not fun’ builds for the OP have been redefined as ‘not fun’ (and vaguely overpowered?) roaming specific builds that the OP has heard a vague collective of people complain about on Teamspeak and/or party and guild chat. Following this same logic, we should probably just stop playing whenever we encounter an aspect of the game that ‘people’ complain about constantly.

SO.

No more WvW in general because PPT is a flawed system that everyone hates. No more sPvP because it isn’t as good as GvGs were in GW1. No more fractals because they’re boring. No more champ farming because it’s just a boring mindless zerg. No more rangers, necros, or thieves because they’re worthless in dungeons. No more guards and warriors because they make dungeons too fast and easy. No more eles because they just ‘spam whatever skill isn’t off cd in their attunement.’ No more mesmers because they just stand back and let their phantasms/clones do all the damage. No more engis because nobody knows how to play them. No more gem store because it’s too expensive.

No more Guild Wars 2 because the developers are all a bunch of kittens who don’t know how to play the game and don’t care about the players. No more other MMOs because the trinity is an awful imbalanced system. No more games in general because the developers never care about their players or ever fix the kitten ed bugs.

In fact, I think we all agree that the only shining lights in gaming are the games that are so long gone that you can’t play them anymore (DAOC) and the games that have yet to be released (ESO). I’m certain nobody will every complain about the new games that come out. I’m also certain that if they rereleased those old school games, people would just FLOCK to play outdated, grindy systems.

Granted, you didn’t go this far. (Obviously.) But deciding balance and ‘fun’ based on what you and others enjoy complaining about will never work because PEOPLE LOVE TO COMPLAIN. In the end, the only attitude you can change is your own.

[KnT] Blackgate
Lythereal Fields, lvl 80 mesmer, Lythiele, lvl 80 ele, and Lythigrr, lvl 80 guard

in WvW

Posted by: zen.6091

zen.6091

I think the bottom line here is roaming is 100% rock / paper / scissors. No build can beat everything else played by decent players, but thieves can pretty much always nope out if they can’t win or more than they can handle jumps in. That would probably be more of coward only thing except that players with a full sigil and guard stack(s) have up to 700 extra stat points…that actually does matter and gives a strong incentive to not die roaming.

To expand on the R/P/S aspect, I think a lot of boils down to condi removal. Because of the +40% food and way higher condi attribute than sPvP, they get way out of hand so quickly without a ton of removal, but some classes have to seriously compromise their build to get a lot of condi removal. Vs. the typical roaming thief with Basilisk Venom, it’s often a random chance if you see them stealth stack before stealing and nailing you with a critical BS and stun, thus starting the fight stunned and down a big chunk of health.

There is no pretense of balance in WvW roaming because of stacks, PvE gear with potentially insane critical damage, consumables, and the nature of chance encounters that start more or less fair and suddenly become unfair when every dot runs over hoping to get a piece of a kill. I give a lot of credit to players that do solo roam with classes and builds that are not the obviously advantaged ones, but at the same time, you can’t really complain endlessly about people who do.

in WvW

Posted by: cobracommander.5861

cobracommander.5861

Pleeeease let’s duel in spvp. This rage quitting must be seen to be seen to be believed!

Signed: a loving necro

Darth
Necro
CD-FA-TC-HoD-SoS-TC-FA-SBI-SoS-JQ-ET-SFR-FA-DR

in WvW

Sepreh.5924

Pleeeease let’s duel in spvp. This rage quitting must be seen to be seen to be believed!

Signed: a loving necro

Huh?

Youtube Necromancer

in WvW

Posted by: melodey.4652

melodey.4652

I /sleep when thieves go into SR. But refusing to fight OP builds sounds like it’s more of a pain for you than a statement to them. I never understood why roamers would rather run from even fights than engage. Losing stacks, losing pride, why bother unless you can improve your own gameplay and have fun doing so? People beat me fair and square all the time, but having people quit or run away is no fun for anyone involved.

And as a roaming mes who carries a torch and makes a lot of clones, I get mistaken for Blackwater all the time, even against people I’ve been dueling. If they check my food they can see that I’m not, but maybe something you perceive as a meta build actually isn’t related to it at all other than weaponset.

Yak Slappin’ Bunker- roamin n stuffs [PD] [Duck]
all classes 80, who is the cheesiest of them all?
gw2 dress-up barbie is the real endgame