Adopt-a-Dev for the WvW Fall Tournament

in WvW

Posted by: alvinjason.3109

alvinjason.3109

so John I heard you are in DR. But you haven’t met one of the troll master of DR yet >:)

Devona’s Rest → NSP [SA] [TeaP]

in WvW

Posted by: Brit.9726

Brit.9726

Maybe these Guilds just made a good application? Or the Devs just liked them?
In my oppinion they made a realy good choice, at leas in the EU… 3 of them are realy good WvW and GvG guilds, so the devs get some pretty good insight into the GvG scene (i hope)!.

How can you write a good app? The app is just info, like names,times,places etc…
Also they will not get a good insight at all. They probably will from Dius, but the other 2 “GvG” guilds I don’t think will give a good “insight” considering one of them is in the wrong tier and one of them dodges constantly.

They’ll get more insight than from your posts here

@Jessica: Glad to have you on board with us, can’t wait to have our first raid together and more!!

Chrono B R I T – Mesmer
Furious Cookies [FURY]http://www.furious-gamers.org/
Desolation EU

in WvW

Posted by: Cody Crichton.7516

Previous

Cody Crichton.7516

Sound Designer

Next

A most gracious thanks go to the Ninja Nurse Rescue Squad on Kodash for adopting me into their ranks. They’ll make a decent skirmisher out of me yet!

in WvW

Posted by: Josh Davis.6015

Previous

Josh Davis.6015

Next

I’ll be joining Strike Force [SF] on JQ and Driven by Fury [dF] on FSP!

LET’S DO THIS!

I’d like to say this was a great idea Dev’s. And, to express my excitement and extend my thanks to Josh for coming over to JQ. It was a rough start being stuck on a home BL but, that’s as bad as it get’s. Tomorrow on an offensive map will be a lot more fun!

Did he suck and what class was he playing?

He was playing elementalist.
He was well….decent, considering we were fighting 50+ blobs with a lot of random damage.

I like how enemy also had a Dev with them so it was a Dev vs Dev epic mortal combat.
Kappa

Considering this is coming from a [dF] member, this is pretty much the best compliment I’ve ever received.

Also, I’d like to add that I was the only guy left alive in that massive failed keep rush. #lastmanstanding #Shrektinsixtyseconds #Showing[dF]theropes #Kappa

Edit: Thanks for having me. It’s been a lot of fun.

(edited by Josh Davis.6015)

in WvW

Posted by: Alex.2108

Alex.2108

wow nice usage of the # like a real df member.
im proud :P

Driven by Fury [dF]
Best Guard Kuba confirmed.

in WvW

Posted by: Ben K.6238

Ben K.6238

Later I was in on the golem attack. At one point though I stopped to res a fallen ally and ended up spending the next few minutes staring at the cliff that someone banished me over! I swear no good deed goes unpunished :P

The culprit tells me he couldn’t resist a target so conveniently placed near the cliff. Behind the lord room of that tower can get a bit messy with that number of players fighting in a tight space.

I think you lasted longer than I did though – doesn’t seem like DmD appreciated me dropping boon strips in the lord room.

in WvW

Posted by: leviN.4390

leviN.4390

Later I was in on the golem attack. At one point though I stopped to res a fallen ally and ended up spending the next few minutes staring at the cliff that someone banished me over! I swear no good deed goes unpunished :P

The culprit tells me he couldn’t resist a target so conveniently placed near the cliff. Behind the lord room of that tower can get a bit messy with that number of players fighting in a tight space.

I think you lasted longer than I did though – doesn’t seem like DmD appreciated me dropping boon strips in the lord room.

I was going to post our YT video someone recorded but it’s fairly NSFW… you can ask John on the chat that was going on in TS chat lol…

Seraph Siegfried – BoM – Guild Leader
The beating continues until order is restored
http://brotherwood.enjin.com/

in WvW

Posted by: Branden Gee.2150

Previous

Branden Gee.2150

PvP Gameplay Programmer

Next

Due to some guild issues. I am now repping Nobleese Oblige [Nob] on Eredon Terrace. Thank you for hosting me!

in WvW

Posted by: Jeknar.6184

Jeknar.6184

Due to some guild issues. I am now repping Nobleese Oblige [Nob] on Eredon Terrace. Thank you for hosting me!

Now we can say this is the dev that went lowest in the ladder…
I might even consider playing a bit more so we can show you how is it around here.

Kawagima / Kelvena Riverstream / Calamis Fatima / Hanna Flintlocke
WvW Rank 3800 (Platinum Veteran) – PvP Rank 69 (Shark) – 25,9k Achievment Points
Mërcenaries [Sold] – Ferguson’s Crossing

in WvW

Posted by: Nymph of Meliai.6739

Nymph of Meliai.6739

A most gracious thanks go to the Ninja Nurse Rescue Squad on Kodash for adopting me into their ranks. They’ll make a decent skirmisher out of me yet!

Are you on holiday?

Nymeria Meliae | SoS
Acid Bath Babies Go Plop Plop [FizZ]

in WvW

Posted by: xGraver.4918

xGraver.4918

DEV’s In Kodash how dose it feel to play against The Might of SFR and the Hords of Deso?

I realy havent seen much Kodash in action these days. :P

PS. Plz dont make this SFR vs Deso drama i just want to know what devs think.

in WvW

Posted by: Telemin.7380

Telemin.7380

We in [Nob] and the rest of ET welcome you.

Do not forget to buckle up, the rides down here tend to be a bit bumpy, to say the least.

Teh Ouchies

in WvW

Posted by: Phoenixfire.8079

Phoenixfire.8079

3 on Kodash now? This is kittening ridiculous. Good Job ArenaNet.

in WvW

Posted by: Brian.6059

Brian.6059

Welcome to Eredon Terrace! I hope you enjoy your stay in our awesome community and with Nob. Nobbies are a good group of people to run with. You might even decide to come back and visit after the tournament.

Frosty

Frosty

in WvW

Posted by: maeggle.6021

maeggle.6021

We’re very happy to have you with us!

I was pleasantly surprised by your great positioning and movement – unfortunately this didn’t help too much when we bumped into much larger groups on several occasions…
We’ll make sure to find us some decent action during the upcoming nights.

Kodash [DE] – Ninja Nurse Rescue Squad [care] – Elementalist
A landing you can walk away from just wasn’t fast enough.

in WvW

Posted by: skyhawk.5149

skyhawk.5149

Stay up, I’ll show u the real bumpy side of the late night action :^)

<3 from ET Ocx pugmannder/roamer

Retired Oceanic Commander of Eredon Terrace

in WvW

Posted by: Swamurabi.7890

Swamurabi.7890

It would be interesting to see what impressions, both good and bad, that the devs got by guesting during the tournament. It also would be nice to see what the guilds thought of thier time spent with the devs. While you’re at it also add in comments from the players on the other sides of the matchup.

Maybe the devs can add real data (numbers on maps) to go along with their experineces.

in WvW

Posted by: Ray Patrick

Previous

Ray Patrick

PvP Server Programmer

Next

Hey everyone!

Just wanted to introduce myself. I’m a server programmer here at ArenaNet and am excited to be part of the Adopt-A-Dev program for the WvW fall tournament.

I will be running with the League of Tyrian Adventurers [LoTA] on Kaineng. While Kaineng isn’t in the top tier, it is my home. I’ve been with it since starting the game and I feel a sense of allegiance towards it – so I hope I can help in some small way.

Regardless, this will be a lot of fun. If you see me in game, I am usually the big Charr Engineer named Vox Machinum. Say hi if you see me.

Slings and Arrows
Vox Machinum, 80
Hyper Threaded, 80

in WvW

Posted by: FrouFrou.4958

FrouFrou.4958

As disappointing as it seems to be that they are all in one server, you shouldn’t really complain! 2 top notch GvG guilds and 1 small scale roaming guild! That’s pretty awesome if the devs feedback goes towards improving both scenes rather than buffing the blobs and zergs even more in the future patches.

Froudactyl // Herp Derp Druid // Judge Legends [JDGE] // Seafarer’s Rest

in WvW

Posted by: TirzahBauer

Previous

TirzahBauer

Environment Artist

Next

Hello

Wanted to give a quick shout-out to Gaiscioch for adopting me on Sanctum of Rall. It’s been fun running with you guys so far and I’m looking forward to our other play sessions!
-Tiny Tee

in WvW

Posted by: CrimsonNeonite.1048

CrimsonNeonite.1048

Actually many of these GvG guilds have gone through changes recently, the scene has changed so much that the quality has dropped. As far as I know many of these WvW Guilds do scrims and open field stuff instead of outright PPT most of the time, but they do fight in and around objectives..

My own guild is not hardcore, yet we have 4 raids a week, we are serious about improving and also usually run alone. I’ve ran into [Care] occasionally, they’re alright even though there were probably other choices.

There are alot of good Guilds that missed out from the selection process, it shouldn’t matter if its GvG, hardcore or more casual as long as its a good experience, I doubt there was a preferential selection.

Scrubio
Plays completely opposite professions to his main Teef.

(edited by CrimsonNeonite.1048)

in WvW

Posted by: John Smith.4610

Previous

John Smith.4610

Next

Je suis chez Nexus Order, Roche de l’Augure!
Ils sont tres agreables.

in WvW

Posted by: Lange Demon.8953

Lange Demon.8953

If you were going for “They are very nice” a more accurate translation would be “Ils sont très gentils”.
“Agréable” usually refer to a feeling like:
“It’s nice seeing developers on French servers”
“C’est agréable de voir des développeurs sur les serveurs français”

in WvW

Posted by: Berk.8561

Berk.8561

Welcome to ET and thanks for coming to see what play is like down in the bottom tier. [Nob] is a great bunch of people to play with. Enjoy your time on ET!

Kerzic [CoI] – Ranger – Eredon Terrace

in WvW

Posted by: Markus.9084

Markus.9084

Ils sont tres agreables.

Congrats for your french skills

I’m very happy to see the legendary power broker John Smith on my server

I hope you enjoy it ^^

in WvW

Posted by: Lance Hitchcock.2490

Previous

Lance Hitchcock.2490

QA Engineer

Next

Hi,

I’m joining in a few days late, but it looks like I’ll be hopping on the wagon with [TUNE] of Yak’s Bend.

in WvW

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Ils sont tres agreables.

Congrats for your french skills

I’m very happy to see the legendary power broker John Smith on my server

I hope you enjoy it ^^

Tell John to corner the market on Superior Siege for Augury Rock to help them win the tournament.

in WvW

Posted by: Alina Chadwick

Previous

Alina Chadwick

Gameplay Programmer

Next

Hello everyone. I am proud to announce that I am the newest adopted member of “Light of Honor [Lite]” on my beloved Sorrows Furnace. We may not be the largest server, but that does not preclude us from being the best server (biasedly speaking).

in WvW

Jeknar.6184

… on my beloved Sorrows Furnace. We may not be the largest server…

Sorrow’s Furnace is the Self-Proclaimed NA Pacific Giant.

WvW Rank 3800 (Platinum Veteran) – PvP Rank 69 (Shark) – 25,9k Achievment Points

in WvW

alvinjason.3109

Hello everyone. I am proud to announce that I am the newest adopted member of “Light of Honor [Lite]” on my beloved Sorrows Furnace. We may not be the largest server, but that does not preclude us from being the best server (biasedly speaking).

SF blob of bronze hahaha

in WvW

Posted by: omegazone.9254

omegazone.9254

Well if anyone there is listening
please come to FOW bronze area
have a look to see what you have done to us

50v1 is no fun

nice if you would even reply Anet !

(Blub) Brotherhood of blub
Piken Square

in WvW

Posted by: Laxus.3062

Laxus.3062

Is there perhaps a shy Dev in underworld:P, figured i might have been able to find him here.

we just had to take down that eb keep claimed by arenanet

Gold Knight

in WvW

Posted by: Kagusaki.3176

Kagusaki.3176

What? No love for Fabulous Fort Aspenwood? /cry

Foreman Spur – Level 80 Charrior | Firefister – Level 80 Charrcromancer
The Legion of Charrs [TLC] – Fort Aspenwood’s Finest Charr Guild
You can’t spell Fur Affinity without FA! :3

in WvW

Posted by: Jeff.5139

Jeff.5139

Just out of curiosity, did:
1. Kevin Ehmry go to Ehmry Bay?
2. Mike Ferguson to Ferguson’s Crossing? and
3. Chris Whiteside to Whiteside Ridge?

in WvW

Posted by: rowan.2581

rowan.2581

Lance’s first Fight with TUNE.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZibcVP0xVBw&feature=youtu.be
Hope you had fun last night.

in WvW

Posted by: MisterBang.3516

MisterBang.3516

Love fighting with and against you TUNE.
Party Hard!!!

in WvW

Posted by: Springbrook.5602

Springbrook.5602

Hey – I challenge a dev. to come play on Fort Aspenwood!!! There are plenty of guilds that would love to adopt you!

Spring
Guild Leader – Holding Down the [FORT]
Fort Aspenwood

in WvW

Posted by: EnemyCrusher.7324

EnemyCrusher.7324

Glad to have you, Seth!

Light of Honor [Lite] – Founder / Warmaster
Sorrow’s Furnace Commander
“You’re the mount, karka’s ride you instead, and thus they die happy!”-Colin Johanson

in WvW

Posted by: Chaba.5410

Chaba.5410

What?! No comms? Now it’s just not a TUNE raid without those comms. And where’s the obligatory princess doll tonics and mariner’s horns?

I hope you guys aren’t holding back just because of a special guest. The goal is for devs to “get out of the comfort zones” after all.

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs
RIP [SIC] Strident Iconoclast

in WvW

Posted by: Steve Fowler.1498

Previous

Steve Fowler.1498

Head of Global Marketing

Next

As disappointing as it seems to be that they are all in one server, you shouldn’t really complain! 2 top notch GvG guilds and 1 small scale roaming guild! That’s pretty awesome if the devs feedback goes towards improving both scenes rather than buffing the blobs and zergs even more in the future patches.

As one of the Adoptees on Kodash I can assure you that my involvement has not helped to tip the scales in Kodash’s favor one bit.. Quite the contrary I expect

Either way I have enjoyed my time with Semper Dius tremendously. They play at a whole new level I can only aspire to achieve someday. The level of tactics and field vision is unbelievable.

in WvW

Posted by: CrimsonNeonite.1048

CrimsonNeonite.1048

I’d imagine if you had this 4-5 months ago it would be a different experience, the ‘competitive’ scene has changed, wvw hasn’t apart from player populations.

Scrubio
Plays completely opposite professions to his main Teef.

(edited by CrimsonNeonite.1048)

in WvW

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

Out of curiosity, did any guilds on Darkhaven get a Dev?

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

in WvW

alvinjason.3109

I know DH has a dev there for a long time now. Knyghtblade is his name I think haha

in WvW

Posted by: John Corpening.9847

Previous

John Corpening.9847

Associate Game Director

Next

To the members of Helioz,

I recently received your application by mail. Since Chris Whiteside was adopted into your forces I framed the adoption certificate you sent and presented it to him this morning. He was most excited.

Thanks!
John

in WvW

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

I know DH has a dev there for a long time now. Knyghtblade is his name I think haha

Not sure I’ve seen him in WvW though. I do remember a name like that in one of the LS release things (thus PvE). But then again, I don’t stay in WvW for that long anymore.

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

in WvW

Jeknar.6184

Paul Ella joined Non Verbal Persuasion [NVP]

in WvW

Posted by: Dano.5298

Dano.5298

Thanks Branden for joining us yesterday! Was awesome to have another teammate on ET!

We have so few of those we need em!

Ev
[SQD]

in WvW

Posted by: Magnosian.8750

Magnosian.8750

As one of the Adoptees on Kodash I can assure you that my involvement has not helped to tip the scales in Kodash’s favor one bit.. Quite the contrary I expect

Either way I have enjoyed my time with Semper Dius tremendously. They play at a whole new level I can only aspire to achieve someday. The level of tactics and field vision is unbelievable.

We appreciate the kind words, Steve! It’s great having you around.

in WvW

Posted by: Lance Hitchcock.2490

Previous

Lance Hitchcock.2490

QA Engineer

Next

What?! No comms? Now it’s just not a TUNE raid without those comms. And where’s the obligatory princess doll tonics and mariner’s horns?

I hope you guys aren’t holding back just because of a special guest. The goal is for devs to “get out of the comfort zones” after all.

The most astonishing thing about that video is that all of us were afk. Rowan just made it look like we were collecting bags.

You should ask him to send you some of their GvG videos.

in WvW

Posted by: John Corpening.9847

Previous

John Corpening.9847

Associate Game Director

Next

Colin and I were having lunch a short while ago. During lunch we were sharing experiences from Adopt-a-Dev. He started talking about this amazing moment he had while on scouting duty where he spotted an attack on Stone Mist castle that was happening from the inside and was able to call in reinforcements in time to thwart it. Halfway through I stopped him and cursed his name. He was confused at my reaction until I told him that the attack he stopped was the one from my guild, DmD and I was part of that attack. He correctly guessed that we snuck a mesmer into the castle after IOJ took down one of their walls.

We would have gotten away with it too if it weren’t for them darned kids scout!