After patch current top 3 wvw classes

in WvW

Posted by: GhostHawks.6519

GhostHawks.6519

As i have looked around most people say their class is terrible now so just curious after this patch top 3 wvw classes?

in WvW

Posted by: selan.8354

selan.8354

thief, warrior,necro

mesmers have only 2 viable builds left as the confusion nerf destroyed every other build and made us completely up(i dont even feel like logging into wvw anymore..and if i do ill sit on arrowcarts

eles got hit extreemly hard too

engis took a bad hit aswell currently 1 viable build left

Lv 80 glamour Mesmer Triforce Mesmerpower PU mes,Lv 80 power necro
[AVTR]
Isle of Kickaspenwood

in WvW

Posted by: Henrik.7560

Henrik.7560

Before: 1# Thief (as always) #2 Mesmer (glamour builds) #3 Elementallist (superior AoE)

After: 1# Thief (still haven’t nerfed heartseeker -.- ) #2 Guardian (superior healing) #3 Mesmer (badly nerfed)

Why it changed:
Thieves are still overpowered and will stay because they denny that heartseeker spammers are completely easy to counter (steal- 3k heartseeker- 3k, 4k, 6k, 6k), apparently isnt overpowered. The steal nerf was good, but that other skills are far too powerful. Cloak and Dagger should have a nerf too, its a source of stealth, enemy vulnerability, AND deals 6k damage on crits.
Mesmers had a HUGE nerf which ruined every confusion build as of its damage is crap now, losing their zerg popularity.
Elementallist had a HUGE nerf as well which stuff RTL up for zerg travel, and skills while in mist form and many other things.

Arcane Bastion [AB]
Elementalist Mesmer Ranger
Sea of Sorrows

(edited by Henrik.7560)

in WvW

Posted by: bladie.5084

bladie.5084

Before: 1# Thief (as always) #2 Mesmer (glamour builds) #3 Elementallist (superior AoE)

After: 1# Thief (still haven’t nerfed heartseeker -.- ) #2 Guardian (superior healing) #3 Mesmer (badly nerfed)

Why it changed:
Thieves are still overpowered and will stay because they denny that heartseeker spammers are completely easy to counter (steal- 3k heartseeker- 3k, 4k, 6k, 6k), apparently isnt overpowered. The steal nerf was good, but that other skills are far too powerful. Cloak and Dagger should have a nerf too, its a source of stealth, enemy vulnerability, AND deals 6k damage on crits.
Mesmers had a HUGE nerf which ruined every confusion build as of its damage is crap now, losing their zerg popularity.
Elementallist had a HUGE nerf as well which stuff RTL up for zerg travel, and skills while in mist form and many other things.

lol are you serious? Confusion was never a problem for me but it was justifiable why it needed nerf. Eles NEEDED a nerf imo. and i don’t think this is enough to hurt them that much. They still have the best burst heals and consistence in dmg and surviving along with mobility. And I do agree with you that thieves need another c+d nerf because in truth, it’s suppose to be a survibility skill.

That being said thieves, mesmers and eles are still top 3. lol. I’m not going to give them their rank because their classes are situational that makes them outshine each other.

in WvW

Posted by: GhostHawks.6519

GhostHawks.6519

did this patch make rangers any better?

in WvW

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

No, it didnt remove the pet. Sorry.

in WvW

Posted by: selan.8354

selan.8354

Why it changed:

lol are you serious? Confusion was never a problem for me but it was justifiable why it needed nerf. Eles NEEDED a nerf imo. and i don’t think this is enough to hurt them that much. They still have the best burst heals and consistence in dmg and surviving along with mobility. And I do agree with you that thieves need another c+d nerf because in truth, it’s suppose to be a survibility skill.

That being said thieves, mesmers and eles are still top 3. lol. I’m not going to give them their rank because their classes are situational that makes them outshine each other.

no mesmers are only needed for portals and the nerf of 50 per cent wasnt needed. it nerfed us to kitten!i am up now as i used condition builds and if it needed a nerf 15-25 percent would have done the trick

Lv 80 glamour Mesmer Triforce Mesmerpower PU mes,Lv 80 power necro
[AVTR]
Isle of Kickaspenwood

in WvW

Posted by: Lalnuir.4957

Lalnuir.4957

no mesmers are only needed for portals and the nerf of 50 per cent wasnt needed. it nerfed us to kitten!i am up now as i used condition builds and if it needed a nerf 15-25 percent would have done the trick

Hey I’ve heard null field and veil are pretty useful.

in WvW

Posted by: Aytrix.4059

Aytrix.4059

1. Any profession that can man an arrow cart.
  2. ?
  3. ?

in WvW

Posted by: jkctmc.8754

jkctmc.8754

Mesmers are fine. My Confusion build still kills, it just takes literally one to two seconds longer to kill people in a 1v1 situation, and instead of a few Mesmers killing a Zerg, now it takes up to six to kill the Zerg.

I can not comment on the Elementalist because it is one of the few classes I havn’t played.

Thieves have a new toy to play with that is actually fun, and counters bunker/boon builds rather well, but loses to other builds just like a pecking order should. I switched to this new build on my Thief, and I am enjoying it.

All in all the top three classes seem to have remained, well at least for the good players who actually know how to play them. I play two of the three, the Thief, and the Mesmer and I’m having fun on them, and still feel the power.

However the best thing to happen this patch was breaking up the Zerg for now, until they get smart enough to counter Arrow Carts with long ranged siege, and counter siege tactics. Until then the zerg will just bellyache because they now have to use better tactics.

Yay for the arrow cart.

Renno – Stonegard – Aece
80 Thief – 80 Warrior – 80 Guardian – 80 Ranger
80 Mesmer – 80 Necromancer

(edited by jkctmc.8754)

in WvW

Posted by: Acotje.5689

Acotje.5689

For our small guild groups its probably:
Hammer Warrior
Support Guard
Staff Ele

Although mesmers are still needed for timewarps, veils, feedbacks and nullfields, so they get on 4th place

Hello darkness, my old friend.

in WvW

Posted by: graverr.6473

graverr.6473

Post patch? Easy.The ones that can drop an arrow cart faster and run suply fastest.

Mini Somales -Seven Instincts- [siN]

in WvW

Posted by: Space.8053

Space.8053

this is like asking which is best, rock, paper or scissors.

it’s clearly rock.

Fat Rob
[TCHU]
Gandara

in WvW

Posted by: Lalnuir.4957

Lalnuir.4957

Post patch? Easy.The ones that can drop an arrow cart faster and run suply fastest.

Obviously thieves then. Shadow steps + hs spam for travel and haste for building. =P

in WvW

Posted by: NANA.2853

NANA.2853

So true so its elementalis, thief, mesmer, maybe warior Ranger is no needed in wvw at all arrow carts took there job and do it 80% better

There is a guild in land always at war.
It is so fearsome, brutal and agile, that no one say it’s name out loud.
They are afraid of their wrath so just call them DeX. But the real name is Dexterity Overload.

in WvW

bladie.5084

Why it changed:

I’m still not convinced. The mesmers are still killing w/ confusions and misc conditions. Most of their utilities are just so useful to pvp. they offer the most support and gameplay change than thieves and eles. Like I said earlier each class has their situational moments.

in WvW

Posted by: Acotje.5689

Acotje.5689

So true so its elementalis, thief, mesmer, maybe warior Ranger is no needed in wvw at all arrow carts took there job and do it 80% better

Try convincing Fort Ranik please, tired of their ranger armies :p

Hello darkness, my old friend.

in WvW

Posted by: Israel.7056

Israel.7056

I’m not sure if we’re talking about roaming but if we are I still like Ele a lot. Thief and Mesmer seem to be in a relatively good place as well, I’m currently leveling a thief.

The patch made me have to reexamine my ele spec but tbh i think it’s still really strong d/d and staff. It also helps ele that confusion got nerfed since that was probably one of the best counters to ele.

(edited by Israel.7056)

in WvW

Posted by: Fuzzion.2504

Fuzzion.2504

1.Warriors
2.Guardians
3.Thieves
4.Ele
5.Rangers
6.Mesmer
7.Engie
8.Necro
9.Rawnoodles

Fuzzionx [SF]
Guest member of [LOVE]
JQ official Prime Minister

in WvW

Posted by: DanyK.3842

DanyK.3842

In groups of 10 or less:

1. Staff Guardian
  2. Hammer/warhorn(OP) Warrior
  3. Staff ele
  4. D/D Ele
  5. Glamour mesmer(for utility now more than ever)
  6. Spam shortbow2 Thief
  7. Condition spam necro(maybe would be higher up if AoE limit was removed)
    …umm are there any other classes?
Sir Dany | Twitch
110k WvW kills | Champion Legionnaire, Paragon |

in WvW

Posted by: Tobias Steele.2071

Tobias Steele.2071

2. ?
  3. ?

Stick a condition necro with maxed wexp ranks in siege damage and the ac line on a superior arrow cart, and watch the entire Zerg melt under the bleeds.

My top three:
Ele
Thief
Mesmer or necro

Entropy, Class lead Necromancer.
Tarnished Coast.

in WvW

Posted by: roamzero.9486

roamzero.9486

Eles are still OP.
Thieves good roamers as always, but (still) contribute nothing to zergs.
Even though glam mesmers are dead, mesmers overall are still the best zerg utility class (veil/portal)
Warriors/Guardians are rock solid in their respective roles.
Necros are still the not-Ranger class.
Engineers almost had their breakout moment but Anet crushed it fast, back to the niche box they go..
Rangers are still trash.

in WvW

Posted by: Azunai.1065

Azunai.1065

Current fotm in wvw for guild groups and zergs

10+ Guardian
10+ Warrior
10+ Staff Ele
2 Mesmer
2 Nek

rest mans arrowcarts

Namefather of the Asuran Elementalists from [Bots]
My first Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mPF9SmvW4jE

in WvW

Posted by: frostshade.3617

frostshade.3617

Guard necro ele engi mesmer then the rest

commander frostseir(sylvari,guardian) commander frostetics(norn,ele)
Os guild

in WvW

Posted by: Mighty Ice Arrow.9268

Mighty Ice Arrow.9268

To Anet devs.
Hope you are happy, everyone discussing how unbalanced the different professions are.
You are so far away from the guys that have made GW1. I can’t recognize the previous quality anymore.

in WvW

Posted by: Shakki.3219

Shakki.3219

In groups of 10 or less:

1. Staff Guardian
  3. Staff ele
  4. D/D Ele
  6. Spam shortbow2 Thief

You have absolutely no clue how to play a necro then.

Reaper – Anguîsh

in WvW

Posted by: Silver.9084

Silver.9084

For roaming, i’d say:

1. Mesmer/Thief
2. Elementalist
3. Engineer

Tux – [VoTF] Vengeance of The Fallen

in WvW

bladie.5084

To Anet devs.
Hope you are happy, everyone discussing how unbalanced the different professions are.
You are so far away from the guys that have made GW1. I can’t recognize the previous quality anymore.

Me personally as a thief, it didnt really affect me. I do personally think they shouldn’t have attacked our steal skill and just go and nerf backstab directly. That being said, im pretty sure most thieves are happy with the 3 secs reverted.

in WvW

Posted by: JaNordy.6149

JaNordy.6149

Depends on what you are doing.
Zerging: Guard Mesmer Necro/Elementalist tie
Solo: Thief Thief Thief
Small group roaming: Elementalist Ranger Warrior
Camping JP: Engineer Mesmer Guard

in WvW

Posted by: Cameirus.8407

Cameirus.8407

Ele, those water fields are great.
Mesmer, veil, portal, null field, timewarp(yes evennow its useful).
Guardian, line of warding, might, stability, wall of reflection, sancturary.

You can see that i value group utility and support as the most important thing in wvwvw.

If you value other things, your list will differ, obviously.

There is not absolute best.

in WvW

Posted by: Faux Sheaux.6179

Faux Sheaux.6179

LOL

Ehmry Bay – Grindhouse Gaming [GH]
Menorah | Charr Cat | Some Cat Thing
Still running my old RRR build because why not

in WvW

Posted by: Terra Dactyl.2047

Terra Dactyl.2047

The #1 profession is arrow carts. The #2 profession is irrelevant because arrow carts will kill them in a matter of seconds while taking no damage because they’re out of vision range.

in WvW

Posted by: eithinan.9841

eithinan.9841

Eles are still OP.
snip.

Why doesnt anyone ever look at venom share and give it the respect it deserves in large scale combat :*(

in WvW

Posted by: Xiao.1208

Xiao.1208

After the patch there is only 1 class I want to be…an arrow cart

in WvW

frostshade.3617

Necros and engis still underrated though they are great when used right

Os guild

in WvW

Posted by: Bluesavanah.8562

Bluesavanah.8562

2. ?
  3. ?

more like
1. any class who can man a superior AC
2. any class who can man a superior ballista
3. any class who can man a normal AC

Commander, Malicious Mischief [MM] ,Gandara
[MM] recruiting currently

in WvW

Posted by: Faeyd.5094

Faeyd.5094

Why it changed:

Heartseeker was nerfed for all formats and CnD nerfed for sPvP:

Source: http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Category:Updates

September

Heartskeer: Reduced damage of the 100%-50% threshold by 20%. Damage thresholds changed. Old: 100%-66%, 66%-33%, 33%-0%. New: 100%-50%, 50%-25%, 25%-0%

October

Assassin’s Signet: This skill has been updated to grant 15% damage for 5 attacks rather than 50% damage for one attack.
Pistol Whip: Reduced damage by 15%

November

Dancing Dagger:This skill’s damage has been reduced by 50%
Tactical Strike: This skill’s damage has been increased by 10% in all formats. This skill’s daze duration has been reduced from 2 seconds to 1.5 seconds in PvP.
Cluster Bomb: This skill’s damage is reduced by 15% in PvP.
Cloak and Dagger: This skill’s damage has been reduced by 33% in PvP only.

January

Spider Venom, Devourer Venom, Ice Drake Venom, Skale Venom, Basilisk Venom, Assassin’s Signet
The number of uses on this skill’s effect will now decrease if an attack lands or if the attack is negated by Blind, Block, Evade, Obstructed, or Invulnerable.

March
*Stealth: The duration of Revealed has been increased to 4 seconds when coming out of stealth via an attack.

Quickness: Reduced from 100% attack speed to 50%. (All professions)
Caltrops: Reduced duration from 15 seconds to 10 seconds.
Basilisk Venom skill: No longer immobilizes targets in addition to stunning them.

April

Mug: Can no longer critically hit.
Trick Shot: First arrow is no longer heat-seeking.
Stealth: The duration of Revealed has been reverted to 3 seconds in PvE._

Tiger

in WvW

Posted by: Caliban.3176

Caliban.3176

Eles are still OP.
snip.

Why doesnt anyone ever look at venom share and give it the respect it deserves in large scale combat :*(

Because speccing in venomshare (which is great for the group) is very dangerous for the thief. He often dies when doing that and dead people are very useless.

I love getting venoms from the rightly specced thief but it is rare and I can understand why.

[VoTF] www.votf-online.net
7.2k+ hours played on Minesweeper

in WvW

Posted by: Chopps.5047

Chopps.5047

Pet pathing, HP, and responsiveness were all vastly improved. Ranger brings a good mix of healing, aoe vigor, survivability, aoe chill/cripple, yet powerful dps from the pet (or utility, your choice). Ranger is a solid wvw profession, no doubt. Rangers have a huge water field granting regen, condi removal, and aoe vigor each on 3 s pulses with 50% uptime. Run healing power and your zerg will love you.

Tin Foil Hat Hearer »—> Ranger Extraordinaire »—> “Be like water…”

(edited by Chopps.5047)

in WvW

Posted by: Atherakhia.4086

Atherakhia.4086

I’m surprised by these lists…

Thieves #1? They don’t offer anything to the zerg (and that’s all WvW is these days). They make reasonably good scouts, but no better than Rangers (unless you honestly think a 100% stealth thief is scouting in stealth at a snails pace). Really outside of roaming the thief doesn’t do much of anything except take small camps or keep swords up on gates which the Ranger can do just as well.

Mesmers are downranked? I know confusion was nerfed and all, but do you find most mesmers running confusion builds outside of when they’re roaming and dueling? Most I run into are running full tank non-condition builds or shatter.

And Eles are somehow downranked when 99.9% of them ran staff in zergs? They still bring all the fields which zergs rely on.

I’d expect the list to look closer to this:

Guardian
Ele
Mesmer
Necro
Warrior
Ranger
Thief
Engineer

Warrior and Ranger value is kind of dependent if you put more value in AE stuns or Water field I suppose. Engineers are hard to kill and provide blasts but little else but they could swap with thief too.

in WvW

Posted by: Pinko.2076

Pinko.2076

It really depends on what you’re doing. Roaming is probably still thief/mesmer/ele, 15ish vs 15ish group fights are probably necro/guardian/ele.

in WvW

Posted by: Ruprect.7260

Ruprect.7260

Hey I’ve heard null field and veil are pretty useful.

Unfortunatly that is all mesmers are good for now and they are extremely rare in WvW now. Lol I got hit by confusion last night and it was hitting me for 65. The only purpose they serve is portals/veil. Unfortunately there are no mesmers in wvw anymore so no more portals/veil.

WvW was the most fun I have ever had in a game. I have never seen it near empty on my server and it was near empty last night during NA prime time. I hope it is not ruined.

Ruprect – [DIS] Dissentient
Mesmer/Elementalist/Guardian/Necromancer/Warrior
[TC] Tarnished Coast

in WvW

Posted by: DanyK.3842

DanyK.3842

In groups of 10 or less:

1. Staff Guardian
  3. Staff ele
  4. D/D Ele
  6. Spam shortbow2 Thief

You have absolutely no clue how to play a necro then.

Oh I did not mean 10vs10 or 10vsLess. I was talking about 10vsZerg fights. Dunno if you’ve ever seen one.

Sir Dany | Twitch
110k WvW kills | Champion Legionnaire, Paragon |

in WvW

Posted by: Scarn.6810

Scarn.6810

To Anet devs.

You do realize that there is very little (if any) consensus in this thread, right? If everyone has a different opinion of what the top 3 classes are then guess what, the game is pretty well balanced.

Let’s not forget that you are supposed to die from time to time in a video game. If someone kills you, instead of complaining about the skill being nerfed, why don’t you just adapt? And maybe stop running into arrow cart fire.

Thief, Maguuma

in WvW

frostshade.3617

I’m surprised by these lists…

Thieves #1? They don’t offer anything to the zerg (and that’s all WvW is these days). They make reasonably good scouts, but no better than Rangers (unless you honestly think a 100% stealth thief is scouting in stealth at a snails pace). Really outside of roaming the thief doesn’t do much of anything except take small camps or keep swords up on gates which the Ranger can do just as well.

Mesmers are downranked? I know confusion was nerfed and all, but do you find most mesmers running confusion builds outside of when they’re roaming and dueling? Most I run into are running full tank non-condition builds or shatter.

And Eles are somehow downranked when 99.9% of them ran staff in zergs? They still bring all the fields which zergs rely on.

I’d expect the list to look closer to this:

Guardian
Ele
Mesmer
Necro
Warrior
Ranger
Thief
Engineer

Warrior and Ranger value is kind of dependent if you put more value in AE stuns or Water field I suppose. Engineers are hard to kill and provide blasts but little else but they could swap with thief too.

Engis actually have great support skills as well as good cc when built properly they can provide amazing support for your melee

Os guild

in WvW

Posted by: sostronk.8167

sostronk.8167

1. Warrior
2. Necro
3. Ranger or Elementalist

in WvW

Posted by: Aeonblade.8709

Aeonblade.8709

1. Thief
2. Mesmer
3. Guardian
4. Ele
5. Necro
6. Warrior
7. Engi
8. Ranger

I do agree that guardians are powerful, especially with the staff/s/s combo build I’ve been trying since the patch, but I still don’t think we can go toe to toe with a lot of the classes without winning just by wearing them down. It really makes guardian less threatening, but in small group combat staff really shines right now.

Mesmers are nearly as dangerous as they were before because honestly confusion wasn’t killing many people anymore anyway, I hope at least.

I didn’t notice any difference fighting Ele’s.

Anarai Aeonblade [GASM] – Guardian – DB
RIP my fair Engi and Ranger, you will be missed.

in WvW

Posted by: Bella.6432

Bella.6432

You guys do realize that all the Guardians are reading this thread in amusement, as they think,

“We are the best EVAAAHHH..
…… even the Devs can’t kills us.” meh

in WvW

Posted by: yanoch.7051

yanoch.7051

2. ?
  3. ?

more like
1. any class who can man a superior AC
2. any class who can man a superior ballista
3. any class who can man a normal AC

Beated me to it

1: Superior AC with arrow cart mastery
2: Arrow cart mastery
3: Superior arrow cart

Joking aside

I like the new AC. I think the issue isn’t as big in lower tier. We only have 2 arrow cart defending a tower not up to 12 like on upper server. We will be complaining about Trebuchet and golem mastery very shorthly.

Heiann – NSP

in WvW

frostshade.3617

Ele nerf wasn’t that big lol

Os guild