Anet Seriously... STOP Screwing with Glicko

in WvW

Posted by: Aazo.2841

Aazo.2841

We in SBI have been artificially placed down at T4 now for the second week and we are bored out of our minds. As well as our score now is dropping as a consequence. And this is after winning T3 two weeks ago. We want good fights (which we had in T3), not stupid karma trains (pretty much all we have in T4). Please fix ASAP. We did not deserve the drop, and it was only your (Anets) meddling which caused it in the first place.

in WvW

Posted by: Hesacon.8735

Hesacon.8735

The problem is the glicko changes were based on the original glicko scores, but the matchup-generation was based on the glicko modifications anet made.

SoS and YB bled a combined 82 glicko points despite CD coming in last. Mind you last week’s matchup was way more fun than the mag/SBI matchup SoS has had for the last several months (any different opponents would have been nice).

Whoever fell to T4 last week by virtue of the RNG was doomed to stay there because the glicko changes were based on the original scores. Had any other server fallen (and it could have been 5 of them), they would’ve been stuck there in the bottomless pit of T4.

in WvW

Posted by: Johje Holan.4607

Johje Holan.4607

Glicko has got to go. Its amazing that Anet has not done anything about this yet. I seriously doubt whether they have any clue as to what to do. Either that or they just don’t care. There is no other explanation.

I logged into reset, saw our matchup, logged right back out.

(edited by Johje Holan.4607)

in WvW

Posted by: Kinthiri.9604

Kinthiri.9604

Got to agree. This is crazy. Ever since server linking started, Glicko has been worthless. There is no value to the scores and the matchups are completely random.

Either extend server linking to a decent period such that glicko makes sense, or remove glicko entirely and base matchups on something that actually makes sense to the game now.

There are some of us that do actually play for PPT and do enjoy winning. But the perpetual k-train? Might as well go to EotM for that crap.

kinthiri.9604 – Co-leader of Anvils Hammers [HARD] – Stormbluff Isle

in WvW

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

A couple of weeks ago, someone from CD was complaining that they couldn’t advance to T3 because they were stuck with the lesser pairings in T4. Thus, they couldn’t boost their score as a result. I don’t know how much those complaints influenced Anet’s actions.

It seems CD kind of held their own in T3 (less than 30,000 from SoS and in third to YB by ~2500 points). CD was certainly closer to SoS than either DH or SF were to CD or SBI since this pairing started. What this suggests is that there are 4 servers (plus linked secondaries under the current pairings) that “belong” in T3 and only 2 that “belong” in T4.

Given the current linking and the 3 server game mode, somebody has to be kittened. While I’m sorry it’s you all, I’m also sorry for SF+ and DH+, who pretty much never get to have good fights because the T3-level server pairing we get stuck with outnumbers us. What this means is that any time we try to do anything, we get rolled over by bored players looking to do something. While this creates boredom and frustration for you, it also creates boredom and frustration for us.

Unfortunately, I don’t think there’s an easy way out of this. Maybe better linking would lead to more balanced fights across tiers. At the moment though, T4 is going to be a drag for whichever “T3-level” server gets stuck there.

Good luck getting back to T3 next week. At least, then, you might get to have some fun.

in WvW

Posted by: Blockhead Magee.3092

Blockhead Magee.3092

Based on the whine level from CD reached sufficient volume that Anet pulled them out of T4, its now SBI’s turn to create a ruckus.

A few days ago I said they should have rotated SoS and then YB through T4 for the next two weeks so no single T3 level pairing had to sit in a tier they don’t belong. But, why do something that makes sense – right Anet?

SBI

in WvW

Hesacon.8735

The real thing at issue is no matter who is in T4, SF or DH are hosed.

Offer people 200 gems or something to transfer from T1 or T2 to SF or DH.

in WvW

Posted by: Cerby.1069

Cerby.1069

We in SBI have been artificially placed down at T4 now for the second week and we are bored out of our minds. As well as our score now is dropping as a consequence. And this is after winning T3 two weeks ago. We want good fights (which we had in T3), not stupid karma trains (pretty much all we have in T4). Please fix ASAP. We did not deserve the drop, and it was only your (Anets) meddling which caused it in the first place.

one of us
one of us
one of us

welcome back to tier4 suckers

Based on the whine level from CD reached sufficient volume that Anet pulled them out of T4, its now SBI’s turn to create a ruckus.

cd did a much better job of making us lose all hope than sbi has. sbi is much more fightable. cd on the other hand was so blobby and zergy that we got run over each time. in our primetime we win tons of fights against sbi zergs. sbi belongs t4 more than cd did.

I kill you in one gunflame, or I kill you in two.
The Tiny Yuno Sniper of Ebay [EBAY]

(edited by Cerby.1069)

in WvW

Posted by: Reh.5986

Reh.5986

Transferred out of T4. Y’all can have it. Sad thing is the dh and sf links have probably melted away to near nothing…being left for dead for weeks.

Gg anet lol

in WvW

Posted by: Mira.4906

Mira.4906

As someone on a server merged with Cd, a lot of the guilds from 5-6 weeks ago left the server when we got stuck in t4 with out the possibility of gong to t3. If all those guilds were still on cd KDR would be much higher.

Guild Leader for [Myth] Darkhaven

in WvW

Posted by: SkyShroud.2865

SkyShroud.2865

Hey everyone,

After reading through the comments and feedback, and some deliberation among the team – we have decided to adjust Crystal Desert by +300 for this match only, making them more likely to advance out of tier 4. Next week we will adjust them to +200.

CD was artificially boosted out of proportion. Base on this, we can say CD glicko is highest of T3, closer to FA’s, making them zero chance of rolling into T4, even if they are placed 2nd the last week. SBI/HOD is literally being punished because they were 1st among among YB & SOS but forced to go down because of RNG and artificial glicko. I wonder what kind of discussion they really did in anet office, who in the right mind would suggest artificially increasing one’s glicko without reducing other’s. Common sense will dictate you to have all 4 servers with equal chance to roll down. Tsk, anet really not suitable in running pvp oriented game modes.

Founder & Leader of Equinox Solstice [TIME], a Singapore-Based International Guild
Henge of Denravi Server
www.gw2time.com

in WvW

Posted by: briggah.7910

briggah.7910

cd did a much better job of making us lose all hope than sbi has. sbi is much more fightable. cd on the other hand was so blobby and zergy that we got run over each time. in our primetime we win tons of fights against sbi zergs. sbi belongs t4 more than cd did.

The KDR says otherwise, you guys are garbage. This matchup is terrible and it’s Anet’s fault for trying to game the system.

oh look a lil zergling bragging about his KDR.

i bet you have to replace your keyboard every other week after that 1 key gets broken

Player Vs Everyone
youtube channel - twitch channel

in WvW

Posted by: Jeknar.6184

Jeknar.6184

The KDR says otherwise, you guys are garbage. This matchup is terrible and it’s Anet’s fault for trying to game the system.

It’s easy to call other people garbage when you outnumber the oposition at least 3:1.

Kawagima / Kelvena Riverstream / Calamis Fatima / Hanna Flintlocke
WvW Rank 3800 (Platinum Veteran) – PvP Rank 69 (Shark) – 25,9k Achievment Points
Mërcenaries [Sold] – Ferguson’s Crossing

in WvW

Posted by: QuickRain.4735

QuickRain.4735

i bet you have to replace your keyboard every other week after that 1 key gets broken

LOLOLOL you have no idea who that is kitten, DJ is a god and one of the old guard, go back to hitting door please

in WvW

Posted by: QuickRain.4735

QuickRain.4735

It’s easy to call other people garbage when you outnumber the oposition at least 3:1.

CD is 4 server pairing prob close to pair in population with CD and dont you know KDR KDR KDR KDR KDR its all that matters i mean ask DESTRO mag pvf hero

in WvW

Posted by: briggah.7910

briggah.7910

LOLOLOL you have no idea who that is kitten, DJ is a god and one of the old guard, go back to hitting door please

why you calling me a baby cat?

nor do care who that is. i gave up hitting doors. all that does is draw out your map blobs

Player Vs Everyone
youtube channel - twitch channel

(edited by briggah.7910)

in WvW

Posted by: Djamonja.6453

Djamonja.6453

Fine, ignore the KDR, I know it is pretty meaningless, but saying you guys can fight us when you just get farmed all night is a joke. SF and DH zergs just stand there and one pushed, it’s ridiculous.

in WvW

Jeknar.6184

Fine, ignore the KDR, I know it is pretty meaningless, but saying you guys can fight us when you just get farmed all night is a joke. SF and DH zergs just stand there and one pushed, it’s ridiculous.

I can one-push anyone when it is 60v20.

WvW Rank 3800 (Platinum Veteran) – PvP Rank 69 (Shark) – 25,9k Achievment Points

in WvW

Posted by: sydney.4901

sydney.4901

E-Bay+DH – Hey look an even # group! Let’s Fight!
SBI – Oh NO we wiped to an even group of people! We better call out the Omni blob, It’s our only hope!
E-Bay+DH – [Outnumbered] Hey look they brought the map blob this time. Lot’s of Bags boy’s no need to be greedy.
SBI – OMG that fight was a joke! This Week sucks!

in WvW

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

Anet you’re going to have to fish us and whoever is unfortunate to fall in as well. Though judging by Mos which most people on SBI can’t seem to understand, it seems like things will be back to normal next week barring any weird stuff.

Also props to SF/GOM/FC for making the best out of this.

CD didn’t win their t3 match while SBI did so that’s not necessarily true.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

(edited by ArchonWing.9480)

in WvW

Posted by: Purr Kitten.8731

Purr Kitten.8731

Anet screws up by making a big blob 4 server mess that is fun for no one. SBI wins against SoS and YB, goes up to 8 and the very next week gets dropped down to t4 because anet decides to play with the points. It’s stupid, it’s boring and it’s wrong. GG anet, gg.

SBI

in WvW

Cerby.1069

Your point is irrelevant. I wasn’t saying SBI was bad or that CD was better….so get that out of your head. I was referring to the ‘balancing of tiers’ component. Whether SBI is able to get more ppt then CD in the T3 is irrelevant. CD finished a very very close third in the tier in their first week there….that’s a 100% success story right there in terms of balancing tiers. And SBI has been very fightable in T4 thus far while CD was almost always untouchable in T4.

Some very sensitive SBI on the forums tonight

(edited by Cerby.1069)

in WvW

Posted by: ArkAngel.7940

ArkAngel.7940

Your point is irrelevant. I wasn’t saying SBI was bad or that CD was better….so get that out of your head. I was referring to the ‘balancing of tiers’ component. Whether SBI is able to get more ppt then CD in the T3 is irrelevant. CD finished a very very close third in the tier in their first week there….that’s a 100% success story right there in terms of balancing tiers. And SBI has been very fightable in T4 thus far while CD was almost always untouchable in T4.

Hooooooolllllddd on. Are you saying CD is successful because they were able to PTT enough for a close third battle? But SBI is balanced in T4 because we are fightable, even though we had 450k points and ya’ll only had like 200k? Yeah no, keep saying what you’re saying but it doesn’t change the fact that this match up is imbalanced and ridiculously boring for us. Besides, most of the time I always see SF turn tail and run, even if its an even numbered fight.

What a joke of a match up.

Henge of Denravi [HoD]
The best player in the game
“I’m better than all of you!”

in WvW

Posted by: MangoCrush.7819

MangoCrush.7819

Also most of us off hours SBI OCX people havent even bothered to log in after the first couple days because well… its Freaking boring as all heck.

Anet you screwed up… SBI doesnt wanna be in T4 and shouldnt be in T4, get your act together already.

Stormbluff Isle

in WvW

Posted by: Rink.6108

Rink.6108

I agree that with the linking atm there are 4 servers belonging in tier 3. I also don’t understand why the matchmaking is still “luckbased” through the points system while it isn’t accurate anymore through the server-linking at all.
In such a case: Like it has been said before: just rotate one server down at at a time, so no server gets locked in tier 4.

For me that current state is a shame, because I think the SBI-HoD-link started to show great potential and now we cannot really test it against other fight-servers.

@other tier 4 servers: of course it is nice to hear, that we are better than CD as an opponent and we had some good fights for sure. The problem is that most of the day your population is maybe between 1:2 and 1:10 of what we have. SBI and HoD are then forced to run you over with 30+ people, take your BL completely against 3 defenders until we spawncamp you because the Glicko-loss we otherwise get would lock us down with you. I know a lot of people that played less because they feel bad doing this (we know how it feels), others stay away because we want to get equal fights with other zergs and there are only a few hours a day when this can actually happen.
But well.. the relinking is soonish, so we just have to go through that and afterwards maybe it is better balanced. But it is good to know that at least some on your server don’t mind the beating as much as we do giving it.

(edited by Rink.6108)

in WvW

Jeknar.6184

Anet you screwed up… SBI doesnt wanna be in T4 and shouldnt be in T4, get your act together already.

None the T3 servers want. But someone has to be… Who will it be? Glicko and RNGeesus are the ones that decide that.

in WvW

ArchonWing.9480

Where did I even try to refute SBI was bad or CD was better or claim you said anything of the sort or even bring up the matter? Where did that even come from? You just went off on your own tangent and somehow derived that all from a single sentence. Good thing I don’t generalize a group of people based on a post, otherwise it would seem nobody on your end knows how to read.

You said that SBI was more suited for t4, but they won t3 and CD didn’t. I just brought up a fact to suggest that statement may not be accurate. I didn’t even say you were wrong, so it looks like being sensitive is being a projection. Sure, you can dismiss it based on whoever PPT harder but we do have certain facts as reference. And PPT is still a good indicator of population.

It’s simply a matter of discussing coverage and score, which have little to do with skill rather than ancedotal pvf that is popular these days.

And of course, I know we’re more suited for being t3 then CD atm, because I’ve seen what happens in t3 and t4. Have you? You have to remember that WvW is a 24 hour game mode, and thus while you may be enjoying a great deal of success during the time you play, it might be incredibly boring for people that don’t play during that time period. For example, in T3 people during the late NA timezone can fight with SoS for sure.

Finally, a lot of our regulars simply logged off when they saw the matchup. So you’re going to get a lot of casual fairweathers and people looking to PPT out of the tier. Naturally the zergs are softer. Well, even more so.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,

in WvW

Reh.5986

SF and DH zergs just stand there and one pushed, it’s ridiculous.

Lol everyone says this about almost every server. I watched a small guild group wreck a certain map blob for hours. Few nice 1 pushes in there too.

SBI obviously doesn’t belong in T4 but the coverage and numbers were easier to handle at times so there was some room to actually get fights that weren’t the nonstop 20v70+ from CD. Thing that bored me out of T4 is that sbi didn’t seem to have many roamers and they are a literal PPT machine compared to CD.

Everyone was on blob and knocking out towers like an assembly line.

At the end of the day it all really just needs fixed though. CD needed to lose a server and DH needed to gain a server. We have 4 T3 servers when we need only 3 and we’re 1 T4 server short.

in WvW

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

Glicko has got to go. Its amazing that Anet has not done anything about this yet. I seriously doubt whether they have any clue as to what to do. Either that or they just don’t care. There is no other explanation.

I think they might not have the expertise at the company any more to make changes to it. It is abundantly clear that it needs to be changed.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

in WvW

Posted by: Dusk Nightingale.7806

Dusk Nightingale.7806

SERIOUSLY?! Yet another week… of boring, Karma Train hell. Going up against servers that are dead in comparison to our activity, because Arena Net is screwing with the game glicko. This is doing more harm than good. We completely destroyed tier 3 two weeks ago, and we are obliterating Tier 4 to the point that we are literally Karma Training Tier 3 keeps in our sleep. The most resistance we get is from two or three brave souls abusing the hell out of arrowcarts.. Anet you are ruining the game, we worked hard to get to Tier 3. To retain our position in tier 3 against Mag who were trying to operate a 24/7 Ktrain, and to destroy both Yaks Bend and Sea of Sorrow’s when they came up. Only to have our hard effort thrown down the trash. Bumping Crystal Desert up instead. The fact Arena Net physically added glicko to two of the Tier 4 servers, causing us to drop to tier 4 when another Tier 3 server had less glicko than us, consequently causing us to further lose glicko is wrong.
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wuv/Glicko-Rating-Manual-Adjustments-7-29 Take a look. SBI/HoD had MORE Glicko than Sea of Sorrow’s after the adjustment was made. It should have been Yaks Bend, Storm Bluff Isle, Crystal Desert. But no, Storm Bluff Isle was the server to get dropped… even though Sea of Sorrow’s had LESS rating than we did by 65 points, and less rating than the inflated Crystal Desert by 19 points.

I get that CD was higher in it’s previous match up. And in consequence lost a lot of that glicko when it hit tier 4.. But once again, Anet why did you have to screw with it to the point it was a 4v3v2…. 7 servers, in one tier….. BALANCE it out. Actually send your developers into the field on a daily basis, look at the coding / players who actually play WvW. Get real statistics and BALANCE IT! DON’T ARTIFICIALLY INFLATE THE SCORE BEYOND AN UNREASONABLE EXTENT AND THEN CONTINUE TO DO SO! How the hell is SBI/HoD still losing glicko when we more than trash our current opposition by two to three times their score. In all three aspects of scoring. Points per kill. Capturing. and Holding. I think this is beyond a joke, and it’s not funny.. it’s boring. It’s killing the game, many of us World vs. World players, purely play Guild Wars 2 just for that one game mode, which seriously needs a real fix and a huge re-evaluation.

Now as angry as I feel, due to being on a server that got dropped due to arena net tampering with the glicko. Turn your attention briefly to Dark Haven, Ehmry Bay, Sorrow’s Furnace, Gates of Madnes and Ferguson Crossing. Sorrow’s Furnace is the only server out of all, that haven’t lost their fire, and still will try to Ktrain or work things by being the back cap heroes they are, because thats all they can do. Heck on a good night, they siege up, and play point protect harder and dumber than Yaks Bend did, just lots of siege that can be easily taken out with a little elbow grease. Dark Haven has one guild of 10-15 players that run maybe 3-4 times a week tops.. If that even, last week we only saw them twice…. The morale of these servers is so low that 99.9% of their WvW population is in EOTM, because atleast they have a chance of winning fights in a map where it’s just zerg/blob v zerg/blob 24/7. In reality it’s killing the population of these servers, people are transferring out initially because it was a 4v3v2 and now more people are transferring out, because SBI/HoD is too blobby for them.. So not only has this royally upset many people in our server / pairing. But it’s demoralising the other servers to the point that you can cram five or six servers into each pairing and only one will show a population and even then nobody would play.
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wuv/Where-Do-I-start

In Short. Please fix it.. Stop messing with the glicko and give the rating system a good overview..

We would also appreciate an explanation and an apology if Arena Net could actually reply to this that would be great… this whole situation, because some idiot decided it would be a fun idea to artificially mess with the score based on opinion and biased statistics due to the last pairing, instead of actually taking everything into account. Hell I am sure if Arena Net paired SBI/HoD up with Sea of Sorrows and Crystal Desert. We would outright stomp on them, literally kick them all the way back down into Tier four ourselves, and Ktrain them until they are “artificially” stuck there. I’m not saying this out of salt, I am simply laying it out as a fact by comparing the guilds and coverage that our pairing has to offer, versus that of CD and SoS. As players, we don’t want favouritism, we don’t want RNG to mess it up and cause our hard efforts to go to waste. Our opposition don’t want to be Karma Trained 24/7 because our coverage is almost five times theirs… This is doing more harm than good and it needs to be made right again. ASAP.
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wuv/Anet-Seriously-STOP-Screwing-with-Glicko

I am sure there are more posts I could make references to about this, but I think I’ve made my point clear. We want a fix, a solution, an apology! We want WvW to be fun again!

Guild Leader / Führer of [WoR] – Wrath of Redemption.

Henge of Denravi Squirrel Stomper.

(edited by Dusk Nightingale.7806)

in WvW

Posted by: Pip Squeak.3418

Pip Squeak.3418

OUR WVW WILL NOT BE IGNORED!!!

in WvW

Posted by: Rink.6108

Rink.6108

Thing that bored me out of T4 is that sbi didn’t seem to have many roamers and they are a literal PPT machine compared to CD.

Almost all SBI and HoD commanders I have run with despise PPT. There were fightgroups that had to PPT, because there were no fights to find for most of the day, since there was no resistance we just had to run over a BL and then the next one like a factory line, because we didn’t want to end up in tier 4 again. Didn’t help unfortunately.
We don’t really have many solo ppt roamers (camp-cappers, etc.), but we have some smaller roamer guild groups, etc. I think most of them got bored fast, because we are used to have opponents with more people on at all times giving them fast and plentyful fights.

in WvW

Posted by: Eternal Frozen.6485

Eternal Frozen.6485

Thing that bored me out of T4 is that sbi didn’t seem to have many roamers and they are a literal PPT machine compared to CD.

Everyone was on blob and knocking out towers like an assembly line.

Seriously we dont even need to stack and Empower to wipe their zerg.
And after few wipes they was just left and we dont have anyone else to fight with….
So tks anet … for.. ..zzzz …good….zzzzzz…

Attachments:

in WvW

ArchonWing.9480

Almost all SBI and HoD commanders I have run with despise PPT. There were fightgroups that had to PPT, because there were no fights to find for most of the day, since there was no resistance we just had to run over a BL and then the next one like a factory line, because we didn’t want to end up in tier 4 again. Didn’t help unfortunately.
We don’t really have many solo ppt roamers (camp-cappers, etc.), but we have some smaller roamer guild groups, etc. I think most of them got bored fast, because we are used to have opponents with more people on at all times giving them fast and plentyful fights.

I know some people are gonna kill me for saying this but….

SBI seems pretty PPT focused to me. Yea, the most popular commanders tend to not PPT too much, but in general there’s an emphasis on defending stuff (but only on EB) and there’s also a super serious bunch of on the borderlands that are hardcore PPT.

There aren’t many “fight” guilds either and a lot of it is really a guild leading a blob, running like 30-40 deep. And of these, the ones that look to optimize their builds or scrim/gvg are a small portion of that small portion if they do exist at all. And those tend to leave.

See, once upon a time, there was a cool dude named Bannok that could rally an entire map queue and could quell quarreling factions with a word or two. He was truly amazing, because somehow the map queue of half rangers somehow could put up a fight under his leadership. Also, SBI was in freefall down thet tiers and the server was so dead to a point where they could only gather on one map. I think most of you know which one it was. Cults were formed in his name.

Unfortunately, one day, he finally returned to the heavens where he came from and SBI turned into what is basically Divinity’s Reach but with less Lord Faren if you pve. To this day, many on SBI thought that rolling onto a tag in EB with 60 people (Anet plz increase limit) was what fite oriented WvW’ers do and to this day that’s what many people consider actual fights. I just pat them on the head and smile.

OTOH, when you’re against servers like Yak’s Bend our efforts can seem fairly paltry.

Anyhow, I’m not here to diss PPT’ers as they do keep the server running and will ultimately drag us out of this mess. There are some really great folks from HOD that also defend extremely well, so props to them as well. We have been rather fortunate with the linking since CD and HOD were really great. I will however say that the PPT’ing will be more intense due to the situation.

However, I will have to disagree with the inital assesment that SBI is a PPT machine. A Karma machine or a synthesizer gathering machine though….

Finally, I’m not sure what’s with the SF bashing here. They seem to be fighting rather hard even though they are clearly outnumbered. Someone must have faceplanted to that open field ram.

in WvW

Posted by: redsun.4358

redsun.4358

i think as SBI/HOD we just need to crush T4 so hard in WvW and EOTM so that we effectively kill/crush the other servers from ever playing WvW again because it seems like that is what ANET wants us to do by putting us in this situation…

in WvW

Posted by: Lord of Rings.5371

Lord of Rings.5371

A-net knows T4’s pain

and with Blackgate rated at “Very High”,

a temporary relief could be paying a ransom,

transferring to or new account creation at Blackgate.

Fire Water Air
FA

in WvW

Posted by: Buy Some Apples.6390

Buy Some Apples.6390

You know things are going in the wrong direction when the organiser of events decides to fix matches.

Imagine the outcry if this was a pro football league!

Complained about WvW before it became cool.
I used to be a PvE player like you, then I played Guild Wars 2

in WvW

Posted by: JTGuevara.9018

JTGuevara.9018

You know things are going in the wrong direction when the organiser of events decides to fix matches.

Imagine the outcry if this was a pro football league!

LMAO!

Glicko is the scoreboard!

in WvW

Posted by: Dusk Nightingale.7806

Dusk Nightingale.7806

The worst part is. HoD/SBI nearly thrashes the other servers by two and a half to three times their score, we PPT for 160+ 90% of the week long, we dominate them in open field.. yet they gain rating, and we lose rating, almost like whoever is in charge, doesn’t want us to go up to Tier 3. yet they speak of trying to “balance” the glicko!

Guild Leader / Führer of [WoR] – Wrath of Redemption.

Henge of Denravi Squirrel Stomper.

in WvW

Kinthiri.9604

I know some people are gonna kill me for saying this but….

SBI seems pretty PPT focused to me. Yea, the most popular commanders tend to not PPT too much, but in general there’s an emphasis on defending stuff (but only on EB) and there’s also a super serious bunch of on the borderlands that are hardcore PPT.

I don’t think that’s the case. It’s not about the PPT, it’s more about just having fun. HARD, for example, aren’t PPT focused, we’re casual. We’ll take a fight if we come across it, otherwise we’ll just keep flipping stuff till we run into resistance and get the fights.

And I think that is true for most of SBI. It’s not about PPT. It’s just about drawing people out and getting fights. Which is something T4 doesn’t offer us at all.

For the most part, my experience has been that SF and DH will go behind SBI groups and just backcap things. Otherwise they’ll stay inside walls trying to defend until the objective is opened up, then they’ll WP away and start backcapping things. Some die in defence. We found the best way to get fights was to wait till they’ve dropped siege on a tower or keep and then initiate a fight.

There aren’t many “fight” guilds either and a lot of it is really a guild leading a blob, running like 30-40 deep. And of these, the ones that look to optimize their builds or scrim/gvg are a small portion of that small portion if they do exist at all. And those tend to leave.

Again, that’s only really the case in EB. People go to EB because thats supposed to be where all the action is. But the majority of SBI are casual players, so they’re just going to look for a tag and join it. Thus, you get a guild group of 10-15 that turns into a zerg of 30 or more in EB.

It does happen to a lesser extent on the borderlands, but those that generally hang out in the BLs (such as HARD, Hate, ORDR, and a few other regulars) tend to pick up Pugs as we’re going. But theres far fewer Pugs so it’s not quite the same.

To this day, many on SBI thought that rolling onto a tag in EB with 60 people (Anet plz increase limit) was what fite oriented WvW’ers do and to this day that’s what many people consider actual fights. I just pat them on the head and smile.

Way to be condescending to your own teammates :-P I think you’re completely wrong here, but meh… Whatever.

We have a lot of Pugs on SBI that don’t know how to play WvW beyond getting behind a tag and doing whatever they see the rest of us doing. The number of people in TS is small compared to the number of people we have in a map at any given time.

Now… given how long its been, can people please stop going on about Bannock? SBI today is not SBI as it was then. There are a lot of different people on the server now.

OTOH, when you’re against servers like Yak’s Bend our efforts can seem fairly paltry.

No, they’re not paltry. It’s simply a case of YB/SoS have had greater numbers in the past and been able to do to SBI what we’re doing to T4. We beat YB and SoS on the week Season 3 released. It’s as if everyone in SBI completely ignores that fact and still goes on about beating SoS/YB because of some great rally.

Anyhow, I’m not here to diss PPT’ers as they do keep the server running and will ultimately drag us out of this mess. There are some really great folks from HOD that also defend extremely well, so props to them as well. We have been rather fortunate with the linking since CD and HOD were really great. I will however say that the PPT’ing will be more intense due to the situation.

Actually, I am not so sure about that. I think a few will PPT, but most were completely bored of this match by the end of the first week. The amount of frustration I heard from people after reset when they saw it was the same match for a second week in a row… I expect SBI is probably going to gain a few fairweather players, but those that play most often are likely going to do something else for much of the week.

Even I spent the last half of last week, and will probably do it again this week, playing with trash builds and taking the opportunity to learn classes I’m less familiar with.

What we’re doing in T4 is exactly the same thing Mag did to SBI/SoS before YB dropped to T3 and let Mag finally move up to T2 where their coverage and numbers should have them. We hated it when DB did it to us. We hated it when Mag did it to us. We know how DH and SF are feeling because we’ve been there, done that.

However, I will have to disagree with the inital assesment that SBI is a PPT machine. A Karma machine or a synthesizer gathering machine though….

Something we absolutely agree on. It’s all about those nodes!

Finally, I’m not sure what’s with the SF bashing here. They seem to be fighting rather hard even though they are clearly outnumbered. Someone must have faceplanted to that open field ram.

I still want to know what’s up with all those rams. Seems like every time theres about to be a fight, SF drops and builds yet another ram.

To the DH and SF folk that are peeved off in this match up, we do understand how you’re feeling. SBI has previously been in exactly that position you’re in when it comes to unbalanced matches. I really am sorry that you’re in that position and that Anet artificially screwing with Glicko is just compounding it yet again this week.

If it makes you feel better, most of SBI is not having fun with this matchup either. It’s not fun dominating so much with just sheer population that your opponents don’t even bother trying to face you head on. We know you don’t want to face us because we felt exactly the same way when DB and then Mag were doing that to us.

All I can say is it’s not personal. Don’t take it to heart. Hopefully when the server links are re-evaluated again in the near future the T4 populations will be evened up. The population imbalance in the current links for CD and T4 is just stupid. Anet should know better, but apparently not.

in WvW

Cerby.1069

Where did I even try to refute SBI was bad or CD was better or claim you said anything of the sort or even bring up the matter? Where did that even come from? You just went off on your own tangent and somehow derived that all from a single sentence. Good thing I don’t generalize a group of people based on a post, otherwise it would seem nobody on your end knows how to read.

You said that SBI was more suited for t4, but they won t3 and CD didn’t. I just brought up a fact to suggest that statement may not be accurate. I didn’t even say you were wrong, so it looks like being sensitive is being a projection. Sure, you can dismiss it based on whoever PPT harder but we do have certain facts as reference. And PPT is still a good indicator of population.

It’s simply a matter of discussing coverage and score, which have little to do with skill rather than ancedotal pvf that is popular these days.

And of course, I know we’re more suited for being t3 then CD atm, because I’ve seen what happens in t3 and t4. Have you? You have to remember that WvW is a 24 hour game mode, and thus while you may be enjoying a great deal of success during the time you play, it might be incredibly boring for people that don’t play during that time period. For example, in T3 people during the late NA timezone can fight with SoS for sure.

Finally, a lot of our regulars simply logged off when they saw the matchup. So you’re going to get a lot of casual fairweathers and people looking to PPT out of the tier. Naturally the zergs are softer. Well, even more so.

Are you writing this to convince me or yourself? Cause you ain’t succeeding on either account. Yer gonna have to play alot better to convince anyone other than ur SBI frats that you belong in T3. There are only 3 spots, and CD is way more qualified than your server at this point, and you know it.

in WvW

Kinthiri.9604

There is very little you can do against this. SBI going down was a deliberate thing, just as CD going up was also deliberate.

Hey everyone,

After reading through the comments and feedback, and some deliberation among the team – we have decided to adjust Crystal Desert by +300 for this match only, making them more likely to advance out of tier 4. Next week we will adjust them to +200.

in WvW

Posted by: Tris Apollumenon.6435

Tris Apollumenon.6435

CD players weren’t the primary driving force behind the manual adjustment. When you have multiple weeks of DH and SF nonstop complaining, even in unrelated threads — heck, even the actual “CD is stuck in T4” thread was also padded out with generalized “gosh this sucks” comments rather than actual engagement with the OP — I would think it’s pretty obvious where the squeaky wheels were. Sure, you also have people complaining that it’s a boring matchup from the winner’s side, but considering that people apparently actually transferred to CD toward the end of that streak, let’s face it — there are probably many players who don’t care about “interesting” fights, just about winning or getting bags.

Anyway, what I am learning is that the quality of any server or server alliance is very mutable. The talk of match-fixing and whatnot is completely irrelevant; this isn’t a football league where you have a fixed number of players who are contractually obliged to go on duty for x hours every match and subs contractually obliged to replace them if something unavoidable happens. If you wanted to compare it to sports, it would be a sport where sometimes your goalie just doesn’t show up or three random strangers might show up on the field like “hey we’re your new quarterbacks” or one day you ask where the point guard went and your teammate replies, “Oh, her and all our subs transferred to one of our rivals last night.” Then the teammate runs off, in the middle of the match, to go have dinner.

in WvW

Posted by: Choppy.4183

Choppy.4183

Eh, they’re fixing a glicko cliff that wouldn’t have occurred before server links, but was a problem with the current pairings. They’re unlikely to intervene next Friday, which will have the matchmaking at T3 and T4 working better until the next time server links are shuffled.

Honestly, SBI got two weeks of boring matches and now we have two threads on this, with one of them demanding an apology? Lol, guys, you have too much time on your hands and a serious lack of perspective.

I’m Biff Rangoon, and I approved this message.
Ehmry Bay | Omg Brb Icecream Truck (ICEE)

in WvW

Hesacon.8735

With YB and SoS bleeding glicko points to CD (despite CD coming in third), there is a glicko wall forming that will prevent movement between T2 and T3.

in WvW

Posted by: Choppy.4183

Choppy.4183

With YB and SoS bleeding glicko points to CD (despite CD coming in third), there is a glicko wall forming that will prevent movement between T2 and T3.

It’s unlikely to become a wall before the server links are shuffled. Then everything will be borked again.

I’m Biff Rangoon, and I approved this message.
Ehmry Bay | Omg Brb Icecream Truck (ICEE)

in WvW

Reh.5986

Honestly you won by like 200k. Did you ever think to just stop and set something up? I get the bored thing though. Been in those matchups too where you want to wvw but there’s nothing to do.

People play wvw for fun (I think). If your opponent goes weeks without having fun they leave. I could care less about the score. All we need are some fun fights or goofy mishaps.

Open field siege war no push? Naked zvz? 10v10 squads. Glicko can screw itself. If you have the week in the bag let’s have some fun.

in WvW

ArchonWing.9480

Are you writing this to convince me or yourself? Cause you ain’t succeeding on either account. Yer gonna have to play alot better to convince anyone other than ur SBI frats that you belong in T3. There are only 3 spots, and CD is way more qualified than your server at this point, and you know it.

It’s meant for whoever’s reading this thread, duh. You’re not the only one reading this thread. Is that too difficult to comprehend? Then granted that this post here is merely repeating a point and did not address the straw man fallacy I pointed out earlier or address any of the points I brought up, I don’t think you can differentiate what the difference between objective facts and anecdotes are. Other people in this thread might care about stuff like logical fallacies and stuff, after all.

Not to mention the obvious nonsense since with the glicko messing from ANet, “playing better” doesn’t impact anything, not to mention skill had so little to do with score in the first place.

But I’m sure nobody sane that’s actually seen t3 or higher thinks that a place where SBI of all servers has a 1.5 KDR ratio and is winning heavily in score is anything but a farce. Especially considering reset night is when numbers are more even. Whatever makes you sleep at night.

in WvW

Posted by: Sarika.3756

Sarika.3756

Welcome to glicko hell.

in WvW

Jeknar.6184

They dropped the ball the moment the artificial rating wasn’t accounted for the glicko calculations. If the T4 servers rating had the +200 they used before the calculations, you problably would have gained rating with the result of the match or at worst lost far less rating. The same would have happened to Crystal desert on T3, they wouldn’t have won a lot of free rating merely for being in there if they still had their +200 before the result of T3 match. I honestly thought they were going to do the same manual change they did to T8 many years ago when they gave +100 to ET/FC prior the match results to make glicko adjust itself, but I was wrong.

Unfortunely, I highly doubt they will change anything now. It took them 5 weeks to adress the quadserver issue of being unable to move due their stupid decision of using CD and SF original glicko ratings with the 3rd server of the match (Dh) being one that have been losing every match for 3 months now (thus bleeding a lot of rating). By the time they decide (if they decide) to do somenthing for T4 again, the pairings will be changing. Your best bet is to take a break from GW2 until August 26th when the pairing changes.