Anet doesn't care about WvW edit pg3 INFO

in WvW

Posted by: Castaliea.3156

Castaliea.3156

Come on honey, take a look at all this new living story content we made just for you.

Guild Leader
Sempai Said I Was A [QTpi]
Apply @ | http://sempaisaid.enjin.com |

in WvW

Posted by: Amins.3710

Amins.3710

Yes, they do care. But unfortunately priorities at ArenaNet go beyond the scope of WvW, so the WvW team is probably smaller than most and have to focus on certain projects at a time. I would guess also that they have to share programmers with other teams involved in more than WvW.

Comes down to population. Fewer people populate sPvP or WvWvW than people who populate PVE. I would love to see WvW get some major attention, but I don’t see this coming for quite some time. (I figure Feb of 2014 at the earliest since the holiday’s are coming up soon) Unfortunately companies have to work on what makes money at the time its making it. As long as people keep spending gems on PVE items, PVE will be the primary focus.

Anet Fails because they can’t figure out how to monetize WvW or sPvP, in order to give the community what they’ve promised.

Not a very difficult task…. but then again…

Amins – Guardian
Gameplay Video’s & Forum Post

in WvW

Posted by: DevonCarver.5370

DevonCarver.5370

WvW Coordinator

Next

There are some updates coming soon, quite soon even, that hopefully will dispel this. Say bye-bye to the Quaggan.

in WvW

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

Poor, poor quaggan :/

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

in WvW

Posted by: anzenketh.3759

anzenketh.3759

There are some updates coming soon, quite soon even, that hopefully will dispel this. Say bye-bye to the Quaggan.

Fooo Quaggan no like to be kicked out. Quaggan like being the joke in WvW.

Soon as in LFG soon or soon as in soon™

In Game: Storm Bluff Isle — Anzz, Anzenketh Kyoto

in WvW

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

Noooooooooooooo

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in WvW

Posted by: LightningBlaze.4913

LightningBlaze.4913

aww poor Quaggans. Bye bye adorable creatures.

Heidia- The elementalist is the #1 most OP profession in this game since beta!

in WvW

Posted by: Niim.9260

Niim.9260

I love the promised updates. Every time you say that we get underwhelmed some some poopy new mastery or something equally trivial.

~ AoN ~

in WvW

Posted by: Chiolas.1326

Chiolas.1326

OMG Quaggan Mastery I’m so excited for 5% extra damage against quaggans!!

Quit WvW and Gw2 in August 2013

in WvW

Posted by: Caffynated.5713

Caffynated.5713

How about all that unused skritt/centaur territory?

“We recognize that the changes to [ele] will essentially remove it from play. In the future,
we may consider whether or not there is an incarnation of [ele] that would be viable
but balanced. For now, we do not expect it to see serious use.” – ANet

in WvW

Posted by: Obscure One.4357

Obscure One.4357

To quote the OP:

-snip-
Broken loot. Check.
Non-refundable wxp traits that say one thing and give you less? Check!
Widespread graphics issues? Yup, check!
-snip-

Are we talking about sacrificing the Quaggan on some sort of ritualistic altar that will summon forth a fix for problems with loot, wxp and wvw traits, and the plethora of graphics issues? Because that would definitely dispel the complaints of the OP.

And by the way…I still can’t kick logged off members from my party in WvW. How many baby Quaggans do we need to club to get that one fixed?

Circumventing profanity filters one kitten at a time.

in WvW

Posted by: Fade.7658

Fade.7658

People who enjoy WvW, and have played it since inception, know what would make it better.

This is how things will likely pan out:

Players: We would like this, this and this please. It would make things more fun, more intuitive, and better overall.
Anet: We won’t give you that, but we are going to give you this, that and the other thing. You don’t know you need it, but we know best and listen to our player base.

The highlight of our WvW update is: Monster mastery! 1%/2%/3%/4%/+5% damage to all monsters!!!!!!.

in WvW

Posted by: Castaliea.3156

Castaliea.3156

WHAT DID THE QUAGGANS EVER DO TO YOU ANET?!
-crying- You heartless gods!

Guild Leader
Sempai Said I Was A [QTpi]
Apply @ | http://sempaisaid.enjin.com |

in WvW

Posted by: Marcus Greythorne.6843

Marcus Greythorne.6843

WvW on the other hand, doesn’t sell gems, simply because there is nothing WvW related to buy in the gem store.

what do you mean? WvW is basically PvE with PvP. All the armorsets, boosters, characterslots,… are useable in WvW. There are also the new finishers which can be used in sPvP and WvW.

http://gw2style.com/index.php – show your look and rate others – great filters!!

in WvW

Posted by: Mif.3471

Mif.3471

WvW on the other hand, doesn’t sell gems, simply because there is nothing WvW related to buy in the gem store.

what do you mean? WvW is basically PvE with PvP. All the armorsets, boosters, characterslots,… are useable in WvW. There are also the new finishers which can be used in sPvP and WvW.

Finishers I’ll concede, even though I am yet to see people actually use them in WvW.

But when I say “nothing WvW related”, I mean items that are directly and solely targeted at WvW players, in the way that PvE update themed gem store items are targeted at PvE players, or how tournament and private arena gem store tickets are targeted at sPvP players.

Tarnished Coast | Best cookies in all of Tyria

in WvW

Posted by: Thesilentflute.8761

Thesilentflute.8761

I think it is fantastic that the orbs will soon be in game again. I hope it was done in a way that really adds to our current play or changes it and isn’t just a talking point we are happy about till its actually here as it changes little to nothing.

I see good ideas every day …good in theory. – Shawn Farthing
Masters in Geek Mythology
YOU ARE NOT THE INVENTOR OF WORDS!!! lol

in WvW

Posted by: Vena.8436

Vena.8436

Finishers I’ll concede, even though I am yet to see people actually use them in WvW.

I don’t think I have yet to see a fight end without at least five cows falling from the sky after the last patch…

Vena/Var – Guardian/Thief
[Eon] – Blackgate

in WvW

Posted by: Jubelum.3472

Jubelum.3472

“Say goodbye to the Quaggans”

I understand this to mean the rumors are true about the removal of underwater combat in WvW, what frustrates me is that underwater combat isn’t the problem, the downed state is the problem, and it’s especially a problem underwater. The downed abilities are not equal or balanced for their respective classes, they force people in WvW into one kind of fight: the zerg and they usually don’t accomplish anything other than 5 more seconds to troll someone who’s just beaten you. Would really have given me hope for this game if the dev had said “say goodbye to the downed state” instead.

Wolfgang Von Goethe [VIG] – Warrior of Rall
“He who defends everything, defends nothing” – Frederick II

in WvW

Posted by: Banzie.5248

Banzie.5248

Pfft, Quaggans, You guys should all be questioning k*tten this “New” Siege is that they promised us in the official announcement of them improving wvw. Also.. WHERES MY TREB AND GOLEM MASTERY THAT WILL BE AMAZINGLY OP THAT WE CAN ALL GET REFUNDS AGAIN >:(

Isle Of Janthir

in WvW

Posted by: Magnetron.5823

Magnetron.5823

Bye Bye Orb of power

Bye Bye Quaggans

…..

Instead of saying bye bye, we would like to welcome more features, cause i mean.. what is wrong with the quaggans? They are there, they have a reason to be there.. It has nothing to do with game breaking or anything else lol.

Why Always wave the hand for a bye bye.

Devon, we should say bye bye to you, cause in 11 months nothing has changed. And i might be a little harsh, but this is what i see.

We dont want bye bye.

We want new maps, new siege, new mechanics, new skins.

Born in the Desolation. Die for Desolation.

in WvW

Posted by: Caffynated.5713

Caffynated.5713

I’m not difficult to please. I want:

1. Balanced matchups that take not just total points into account, but when those points are accumulated. A strong NA server with no SEA presence should never face a weak NA server with strong SEA presence. PvDoor is the worst part of WvW, yet the current matchup system creates it constantly by mismatching servers that should never face each other.

2. Fair and balanced gameplay without grinding. Nobody asked to have to grind out 231 WXP ranks for 100 power, 100 condi damage and 250 vitality to be on even footing with all of the zerglings. WvW is moving in the same direction as WAR: grind your face off for rr80 and Sov gear; faceroll. It’s not there yet, but we haven’t seen any sign that WXP isn’t going to keep giving advantages in fights.

3. Better maps that make forming up into one giant queue zerg and rolling around the map (or even multiple maps) no longer the most effective way to play. When you can bring a queue zerg from one side of the BL to the other in <2 minutes, it’s a problem. Small groups can’t exist and be competitive when that is happening.

4. Fix the skill lag. Seriously.

There are some other smaller changes that I would like to see, but these are the big ones.

“We recognize that the changes to [ele] will essentially remove it from play. In the future,
we may consider whether or not there is an incarnation of [ele] that would be viable
but balanced. For now, we do not expect it to see serious use.” – ANet

(edited by Caffynated.5713)

in WvW

Posted by: A Massive Headache.1879

A Massive Headache.1879

All I really read in this thread was about the quaggan. it kind of makes sense for quaggan to not be in wvw, hopefully they relocate to a more peaceful region of the mists. but that does kind of lean in the direction of removing underwater combat from wvw, and I honestly still think it’s a baseless rumer as I’ve never seen a source for the information when it’s mentioned in game to me. I never saw a problem with underwater combat, it just kind of seemed like it was there to be there. I do hope wvw gets some much needed love

in WvW

Previous

DevonCarver.5370

WvW Coordinator

Next

Devon, we should say bye bye to you, cause in 11 months nothing has changed.

When I’ve been working on WvW for 11 months, then we’ll talk. I’ve been here for 5, so I still have 6 more before you boot me for someone else. Also, the orb mechanic is coming back.

in WvW

Posted by: Urrid.4593

Urrid.4593

Why do you pick the low hanging fruit and address the guy that clearly has no clue, or is this what you think qualifies for community management?

Where is our commander functionality that is actually functional? Or the ability to kick off-line party members. How about elementalists not providing wxp if they mist form in downed state? How about the supply mastery speed boost upon supply pickup being 33% and not 50% as it says on the tool tip. Have you fixed clipping through gates in towers?

Expioters? Abuse? What qualifies as abuse of wvw mechanics?

Etc I could go on… This is why wvw forum people are upset.

Coral -Mesmer- Omnomnivore and TC’er.

(edited by Urrid.4593)

in WvW

Posted by: Tusktikva.9750

Tusktikva.9750

When I’ve been working on WvW for 11 months, then we’ll talk. I’ve been here for 5, so I still have 6 more before you boot me for someone else. Also, the orb mechanic is coming back.

Well, that is something that your boss(es) will decide. We can all talk this and that, but they do have the numbers and that is all they care about. Since you say wvw is doing great, increasing numbers since january I’m sure you will not follow Habib I am all for bye bye.

in WvW

Posted by: SpehssMehreen.5897

SpehssMehreen.5897

just goes to show Devon How toxic some of your wvw player base can be on these forums, Im sorry and ashamed, so deeply ashamed

in WvW

Posted by: Parthune.8921

Parthune.8921

Perhaps we should all arrange for a list of the top changes that gamers desire for the next patch (categorized by PvP, WvW, PvE) and take a poll for the content of it. Not everyone will be happy, but it presents the Tech team with a clearer understanding of how to keep us engrossed without slapping them with blame for not having done it all yet. It will also give us a chance make a more positive influence on this game that we choose to spend our precious time on. Peace.

in WvW

Posted by: problematic.9623

problematic.9623

Perhaps we should all arrange for a list of the top changes that gamers desire for the next patch (categorized by PvP, WvW, PvE) and take a poll for the content of it. Not everyone will be happy, but it presents the Tech team with a clearer understanding of how to keep us engrossed without slapping them with blame for not having done it all yet. It will also give us a chance make a more positive influence on this game that we choose to spend our precious time on. Peace.

Do it. The user content suggestions [top changes] are all over the place. Needs organizing into one thread with links.

Phun – Guardian
I renounce my hibernation and return.
Sea of Sorrows survivor – Currently on Blackgate

in WvW

Posted by: suprNovae.5410

suprNovae.5410

Are the orbs coming back? No. Are we bringing back the buff? Yes, although the way you get it and hold it is going to be drastically different. Are you going to see a major map change in concert with this? Yes. Is it coming soon? Most definitely.

Also, the orb mechanic is coming back.

I’m a bit confused :S Orbs itself won’t come back right?

Clint B E Eastwood – Guardian
Callous Philosophy [LaG]
† Good Old Days [GD]

in WvW

Posted by: EFWinters.5421

EFWinters.5421

So, since you are posting now. Does the dev team feel that Runes of Perplexity are in a good spot right now, or is it a case of being the weekend so you can’t get a hotfix out until Monday?

Human Guardian
Fort Aspenwood

in WvW

Posted by: Prysin.8542

Prysin.8542

, but eventually he will starve to death. and that’s the point we’re at now with WvW.

If you go to borderland citadel, there is a cooking station to the east. Now, carry on living, and keep flipping camps/towers/keeps/SMC

Lv 80 Guard, Ranger, Ele, Thief, warr, engi
Currently @ some T1 server in EU

in WvW

Posted by: problematic.9623

problematic.9623

I am reposting this from a different thread that won’t open anymore. Topic is relevant to the WvW community.

“A WvW claim:
More than 50% of the NA bracket hardcore multi-game organizations/guilds are no longer active in the WvW scene. Information needed: A compiled list of multi-game guilds [NA bracket] that entered GW2 at launch. A list of current multi-game guilds active in NA bracket WvW. Q: How many of these multi-game guilds operate under reduced activity? Q: How much of each organizations membership is inactive? I claim that 50% of these groups are no longer active in the NA bracket of WvW. I want to test that claim. I need data. I will not do such a project by myself [this could be a project for Anet]. Anyone ready to challenge that claim? Anyone interested in this project?”

-A repost.

Phun – Guardian
I renounce my hibernation and return.
Sea of Sorrows survivor – Currently on Blackgate

in WvW

Posted by: Knightmare.8634

Knightmare.8634

Devon,

A few questions/suggestions hopefully you can chime in on.

1. Any news/updates on making winning the match up more rewarding? There is very little fanfare or even acknowledgement that your server won. The passives are ok I guess, but at the end of the day it just feels hollow.

2. WvW Abilities – All in all I have to admit, they are just boring. Passives blah, some of the siege abilities are ok. I know you have to be careful with balance… but I would really like to see more creativity here.

3. Any chance of getting WvW Rank locked unique skins? Maybe an Aura around you? Something/anything unique to WvW to show off??? ( Same for SPVP, but thats a different topic)

4. Guild Claiming really needs to mean more. Defending in general needs to mean more.

5. I honestly think with the modest size of your maps and how many people are crammed into them. The waypoints upgrades should be removed.

6. Commander System – That is all the needs to be said.

7. How about DAOC style killspam? Just throwing that out there. I know a lot of people that loved it. At the end of the day we all want to be the hero!

Ok this is turning into a wall of text so I’ll stop here.

in WvW

Posted by: Zenguy.6421

Zenguy.6421

WvW is a complex system, and complex system evolve best when they incorporate the best ideas of both the designers and the users.

Systems that follow the ideas of the designers only look good on paper but fail in practice. Systems that follow user suggestions only work but end up being limited and difficult to adapt.

It’s the systems that evolve by incorporating roughly equal amounts of user and designer initiated changes that become the really great systems.

ANet are wise not to automatically adopt whatever we suggest is needed in WvW. But they may be overdoing this. Especially when there are things we’re telling are quality of life changes that would be relatively easy to develop (e.g. colored commander tags).

ANet have clearly been working on WvW. But it looks like they need to incorporate more requests direct from the user base. The evidence for this: posts that boil down to “We’re giving you all these great changes [insert examples of ANet designed changes]. How come you’re not happy with what we’re doing?”

Sometimes the solution is to just put in a few of the simple things the users want most and work from there.

in WvW

Previous

DevonCarver.5370

WvW Coordinator

Next

Devon,

A few questions/suggestions hopefully you can chime in on.

1. Any news/updates on making winning the match up more rewarding? There is very little fanfare or even acknowledgement that your server won. The passives are ok I guess, but at the end of the day it just feels hollow.

2. WvW Abilities – All in all I have to admit, they are just boring. Passives blah, some of the siege abilities are ok. I know you have to be careful with balance… but I would really like to see more creativity here.

3. Any chance of getting WvW Rank locked unique skins? Maybe an Aura around you? Something/anything unique to WvW to show off??? ( Same for SPVP, but thats a different topic)

4. Guild Claiming really needs to mean more. Defending in general needs to mean more.

5. I honestly think with the modest size of your maps and how many people are crammed into them. The waypoints upgrades should be removed.

7. How about DAOC style killspam? Just throwing that out there. I know a lot of people that loved it. At the end of the day we all want to be the hero!

1) There should be some movement on this in the very near future. And that version will not be the final version either, but we wanted to make some changes quickly.

2) We will continue to work on these abilities in the hopes of making them more fun and providing more variety. We are however quite set on not adding power creep, at least not much, which makes them fairly constrained. We have yet to unleash our craziest ideas.

3)That is not something I had thought of, but I think it’s a good idea and I’ll at least start the ball rolling. Skins take forever and a day to be made though, so it won’t be for months if we do it at all.

4) We will update guild claiming in the future, but there are other tasks we are focused on at the moment. It’s also something that we want to do a very serious overhaul to, so it isn’t something that can happen in bits an pieces.

5) I agree and we will likely remove them at some point in the future. However, to do so requires additional work because of the complexities of the upgrade system. It’s not as simple to do as it should be. But we have to work with the tools we have.

6) We are in the process of figuring out just what we’ll need to do to the commander system to make it what it should be. Much like guild claiming it is not a small overhaul though and it won’t be in place for quite some time.

7) It is on our list of things to do, but it is not going to happen until we’ve handled some other, more serious things. Like the commander system. While I certainly wish I had a legion of designers and programmers at my disposal, we have a finite amount of resources to be put to work and we have to prioritize them according to what is necessary for the game. Sometimes that means doing things that have seemingly little impact to y’all, but eventually pay dividends in other ways.

Hope that is informative.

in WvW

Posted by: Actium.8765

Actium.8765

Are the orbs coming back? No. Are we bringing back the buff? Yes, although the way you get it and hold it is going to be drastically different. Are you going to see a major map change in concert with this? Yes. Is it coming soon? Most definitely.

Also, the orb mechanic is coming back.

I’m a bit confused :S Orbs itself won’t come back right?

Yes, the Orb itself is not coming back. But the buff is. The same mechanic, just applied differently.

Character: Acium 80 Guard
Server: Northern Shiverpeaks, Commander
Guild: Legends and Myth [Myth]

in WvW

Posted by: Zenguy.6421

Zenguy.6421

[Commander system]6) We are in the process of figuring out just what we’ll need to do to the commander system to make it what it should be. Much like guild claiming it is not a small overhaul though and it won’t be in place for quite some time.

It’s wonderful that you’re looking at a proper commander system . . . and, we’re feeling the pain right now.

Why not give us a quick and dirty improvement (e.g. commanders can set their own tag color) that will reduce our pain a little while you work on the full blown system?

Sure you’ll end up throwing that change away when the proper system comes along. Sure people will still gripe about how bad things and the wait till the new system. But you will have shown that your work isn’t just about producing some great system some time in the future. You will have shown that you understand our needs and our pain right now, and that you’ve found a way to, if not fix that pain, then at least to ease it a little while you work on the full solution.

in WvW

Posted by: dunnberry.2964

dunnberry.2964

Devon can you please answer the question about why we aren’t able to kick people who are offline from a party still please?!? We would love to know this

Borlis Pass
Asuran Engineer (Lost)

in WvW

Posted by: Tusktikva.9750

Tusktikva.9750

Answers:
1. in the very near future
2. we will continue to work on these abilities
3. it won’t be for months if we do it at all.
4. in the future
5. in the future
6. it won’t be in place for quite some time
7. it is not going to happen until we’ve handled some other, more serious things. Like the commander system (commander sytem won’t be in place for quite some time)

So you are working on wvw abilities. In the near future we’ll get some changes on win reward system. Guild claimings, wp’s in the future. Wvw skins not in for months if at all. Commander system changes not in for quite some time. Killspam after commander system.

Ok. At least there are some answers about timeline.

I also wish you have more staff and resources. This means that there will be more (polished) wvw abilities, more rewards for matchup wins and at least a couple of months (if ever) for the rest of stuff that were mentioned here.

in WvW

Previous

DevonCarver.5370

WvW Coordinator

Devon can you please answer the question about why we aren’t able to kick people who are offline from a party still please?!? We would love to know this

That is totally out of my area. I realize it occurs in WvW, but it is related to the tech we use for parties, etc. While I’ll look into it, I can’t say as I have any ability to fix it.

in WvW

Posted by: Knightmare.8634

Knightmare.8634

Devon,

I appreciate the response. I honestly didn’t think you would take the time to answer all of those.

I think the WvW community is just frustrated at the pace that it has been updated versus the rest of the game.

in WvW

Posted by: anzenketh.3759

anzenketh.3759

Devon,

I appreciate the response. I honestly didn’t think you would take the time to answer all of those.

I think the WvW community is just frustrated at the pace that it has been updated versus the rest of the game.

Funny thing is actual Updates like WvW is requesting is only a little bit faster for the rest of the game. A lot of this is also because a lot of the updates that were done effects effects WvW too. Wallet effects WvW. LFG system Effects WvW. Crafting champ drops. Effects WvW. I could go on.

The rest of the PvE stuff well…….. ArenaNet has amazing tools and policies that allows them to put out stuff this fast is all I can say.

In Game: Storm Bluff Isle — Anzz, Anzenketh Kyoto

in WvW

Posted by: Seigfried.5938

Seigfried.5938

Devon,

Funny thing is actual Updates like WvW is requesting is only a little bit faster for the rest of the game. A lot of this is also because a lot of the updates that were done effects effects WvW too. Wallet effects WvW. LFG system Effects WvW. Crafting champ drops. Effects WvW. I could go on.

The rest of the PvE stuff well…….. ArenaNet has amazing tools and policies that allows them to put out stuff this fast is all I can say.

The things you mentioned certainly make WvW more convenient, but the mechanics of wvw haven’t changed at all. Rewards are as low as they always have been. Most of the time I don’t even get rewarded for killing the champ for various reasons. Either enemy forces are coming in and we have to hold them off while a few kill the champ, etc

Gandara → SoS → BG → Gandara → SFR

New bunker meta sux

in WvW

Posted by: Urrid.4593

Urrid.4593

Hope that is informative.

It was. Thank you.

You seriously need a bigger team. But I am sure you know that. Back to waiting, but at least I can pretend these issues are on some list somewhere and not buried under the proverbial “golem mastery” monthly wvw update.

If it was me I would focus 100% of my efforts to overhaul the guild/commander tag system. New methods in how we play = lots of content that you don’t have to make.

Coral -Mesmer- Omnomnivore and TC’er.

in WvW

Posted by: Asuka Shikinami.5462

Asuka Shikinami.5462

Devon: WVW rank being character account instead of account bound. Why? this makes it tedious with alts and trying to keep up utility. Even if we could spec each alt differently. Also why can’t we respec, especially when all these new lines are constantly added?

If this is a technical issue/engine limitation, will it be addressed in the future?

Thank you for all your responses and details you have given in the last few days.

After I’m elected, bribing me will be considered a “gold sink”
- John Smith

in WvW

Posted by: LightningBlaze.4913

LightningBlaze.4913

I’m surprise one of the Dev keep replying to this section of the forums after being bashed so many times by rude uneducated players. It goes to show the great level of professionalism Devon possesses. Nevertheless, players that behave this way towards a dev that kindly replies to our threads (when they don’t have to) should be punished with temporary or permanent ban from posting on the forums.

Heidia- The elementalist is the #1 most OP profession in this game since beta!

(edited by LightningBlaze.4913)

in WvW

Posted by: KeBo.4567

KeBo.4567

Hi I think it’s great to see this level of response about the issues in wvw. What I personally think would ease a lot of peoples frustrations is a timeline which showed roughly when certain things are going to implemented. Obviously this would be very rough but it would show people what they can expect to be coming and when they can sort of expect it. Might help people chill out, understand that the developers are doing something and then let them get on with.

I think the problem is we get very minimal information where as other elements of the game are informed very frequentally. This gives WvW players the impression we are being forgotten about when in fact I am sure (clearly demonstrated by Devon’s comments) that we are not

Kylar | Leader of Coordinated Chaos [CC] | Ring of Fire Server

in WvW

Posted by: Greens Daily Ritual.9025

Greens Daily Ritual.9025

They made all their money to fund this game selling costumes and hats in GW1. Sound familiar?

Yeah….. I am sure they made MILLIONS on those costumes and hats in GW1…

Thinking that GW1 itself paid even close to enough to create GW2 is extremely naive.

Come on guys… I was just injecting a little humor into the conversation. I know Anet made a LOT of money off GW1, but I think by the time they started pushing out the hats and costumes, it was more for operating expenses. You can’t expect them to support a game of that size with nothing coming in.

Leader – Swords of the Immortals [SOTI]
Greens Mystic – Mesmer | Google Deez – Ranger
Dragonbrand since day 1

in WvW

Posted by: Greens Daily Ritual.9025

Greens Daily Ritual.9025

I’m surprise one of the Dev keep replying to this section of the forums after being bashed so many times by rude uneducated players. It goes to show the great level of professionalism Devon possesses. Nevertheless, players that behave this way towards a dev that kindly replies to our threads (when they don’t have to) should be punished with temporary or permanent ban from posting on the forums.

Yeah I don’t get the attitude towards Devon when all he’s trying to do is politely inform players of possible and future changes. The guy really doesn’t have to do that, so maybe we should show a little more appreciation towards someone that’s actually listening to us.

EDIT: I hereby retract all the nice comments I made regarding Devon. He’s made it obviously clear that all of us posting on the forums are a minority and he, in fact, DOES NOT listen to us.

Leader – Swords of the Immortals [SOTI]
Greens Mystic – Mesmer | Google Deez – Ranger
Dragonbrand since day 1

(edited by Greens Daily Ritual.9025)

in WvW

Posted by: Grevender.9235

Grevender.9235

Hey Devon, tnx for participating to this thread.
a) The Commander System is in critical need of being overhauled, I’d say the very first thing is to give commanders the ability to set the badge color. Next, comes the need to have different types of badges (since you called it Commander Badge, I’d go for: liutenant, colonel, major ecc) each able to be visible on a smaller portion of the map according to its respective rank (a colonel may have half the range of a commander, a sergeant may be visible in 1200 range). This will GREATLY help coordination

b) we WvW folks kinda feel like the underdog because despite what we accomplish, no one care or even notice (but all the PvE guys enjoy the gathering/drop/whatever boosts that they get because we win). It would be cool if, at reset, server widespread messages warned everyone about the Mist Warriors winning and a ghostly parade started in Lion’s Arch.

c) many PvE folks don’t WvW, many WvW folks don’t PvE. The two tribes, instead of feeling part of the same game, look down at each other.
I suppose you agree with me that this is wrong, and a different approach should be encouraged.
Well, then why don’t you guys help us? make PvE have effects in WvW, and make WvW have effects on PvE.
Example: PvE folks win Temple of Grenth? cool, a Pact legendary champion shows up in the Mists to help WvW folks do something.
WvW folks cap towers/keeps/Stonemist? a powerful buff will prevent the guys at Grenth to be thrown in the air/a small army of Veteran Mist Warriors will show up to help/a Legendary Mist Warrior\Beast will help overthrowing the Temple.
People cap Melandru? higher regen/hp/condition resistence for WvW
People cap Lyssa? Random Boon for all the WvW every 30 secs
I could continue for days, but I suppose you already got the picture.

These would be steps toward the ultimate end game content…