Ascended Gear... none again?

in WvW

Posted by: ParaldaWind.4523

ParaldaWind.4523

I love bacon too. And, we are hustling to make this a reality. Just remember to listen to George Michael. “You’ve gotta have faith.”

There’s a fine line between having faith and just going to another game that treats it’s PVP players with some respect. TBH the WvW updates have set the game back instead of moving it forwards. Firstly the change to orange swords encouraged the current zerg playstyle, then the wxp changes further re-inforced this. Now you need a significant amount of supply just to siege a tower or keep because of the AC changes.

So given Anet’s track record recently I can’t imagine the introduction of ascended items to WvW will be anything other than a complete pain in the butt to get.

Seriously how hard can it be to throw the average WvW player a bone and put a vendor in that charges say 500 badges per piece, don’t go adding + gold or such being as you make next to nothing in WvW these days if you buy siege and do an upgrade or two.

The problem here is that I could get a full set inside of two weeks in WvW, whereas doing the laurel stuff, I’m looking at 6 months. Not what I would call balanced.

EDIT: the bold is because I personally am not a particularly good WvW player, and I still get badges at a rate that would result in my kitting out all my alts in ascended gear inside of a month or two. As opposed to few years of doing dailies.

I also firmly believe that the badge conversion should be comparable to dailies, instead of the fractal return. To get badges, you do nothing you wouldn’t otherwise in WvWvW. To get dailies, you do nothing you wouldn’t otherwise be doing in PvE. Fractals is a grind, grind, grind deal, and very much going out of your way to get something.

TL:DR make the conversion of badges to ascended a number high enough to resemble the reward of 1 laurel a day, with a bonus 10 per month. If you want ascended at the speed of grinding fractals, go grind fractals.

Anyone who claims to get more than 150 badges per 8 or so hours is either lying or in Red Guard.

No tears, only dreams
[PYRO]
Maguuma – youtube.com/pyrogw2

in WvW

Posted by: zastari.1730

zastari.1730

I love bacon too. And, we are hustling to make this a reality. Just remember to listen to George Michael. “You’ve gotta have faith.”

There’s a fine line between having faith and just going to another game that treats it’s PVP players with some respect. TBH the WvW updates have set the game back instead of moving it forwards. Firstly the change to orange swords encouraged the current zerg playstyle, then the wxp changes further re-inforced this. Now you need a significant amount of supply just to siege a tower or keep because of the AC changes.

So given Anet’s track record recently I can’t imagine the introduction of ascended items to WvW will be anything other than a complete pain in the butt to get.

Seriously how hard can it be to throw the average WvW player a bone and put a vendor in that charges say 500 badges per piece, don’t go adding + gold or such being as you make next to nothing in WvW these days if you buy siege and do an upgrade or two.

The problem here is that I could get a full set inside of two weeks in WvW, whereas doing the laurel stuff, I’m looking at 6 months. Not what I would call balanced.

EDIT: the bold is because I personally am not a particularly good WvW player, and I still get badges at a rate that would result in my kitting out all my alts in ascended gear inside of a month or two. As opposed to few years of doing dailies.

I also firmly believe that the badge conversion should be comparable to dailies, instead of the fractal return. To get badges, you do nothing you wouldn’t otherwise in WvWvW. To get dailies, you do nothing you wouldn’t otherwise be doing in PvE. Fractals is a grind, grind, grind deal, and very much going out of your way to get something.

TL:DR make the conversion of badges to ascended a number high enough to resemble the reward of 1 laurel a day, with a bonus 10 per month. If you want ascended at the speed of grinding fractals, go grind fractals.

Anyone who claims to get more than 150 badges per 8 or so hours is either lying or in Red Guard.

I can fill a stack in approximately that time when we’re doing guild raids so…

Tsarazi – 80 Asuran Mesmer [DERP]
Maguuma

in WvW

Posted by: naphack.9346

naphack.9346

Let’s have a wild guess:
750 badges+5 laurels per piece

or
500 badges, 50 ekto per piece

The only crime, turrets committed, is being good against the celestial meta.
The mob has spoken and the turrets shall be burnt at the stake.

in WvW

Posted by: zastari.1730

zastari.1730

750 +5 laurels would be completely fair imo.

Tsarazi – 80 Asuran Mesmer [DERP]
Maguuma

in WvW

Posted by: Sylosis.7125

Sylosis.7125

1k badges per piece plus 5 laurels , is fair too.

in WvW

Posted by: Tobias Steele.2071

Tobias Steele.2071

Anyone who claims to get more than 150 badges per 8 or so hours is either lying or in Red Guard. [/quote]

My record is 300 as a militia zerger in about give hours. I would be surprised if players from guilds like RG can’t get many times that number.

Entropy, Class lead Necromancer.
Tarnished Coast.

in WvW

Posted by: Lara Croft.5807

Lara Croft.5807

128 in 2hours 38 mins – necromancer with condition build
HF
Lara

in WvW

Posted by: TyrDaishi.1057

TyrDaishi.1057

Ascended Gear in WvW: Should have been added 2 months ago.
Since the devs seem to read this topic: statements regarding the newest patch and arrow cards would be appreciated. Maybe with a list: 10 reasons why I should quit my job.

in WvW

Posted by: Tekyn.5376

Tekyn.5376

high fives Devon Carver!

“I feel like I’m getting trolled here. Good day sir.”
- John Smith, ArenaNet in-house economist

in WvW

Posted by: Grevender.9235

Grevender.9235

I don’t want to waste my time in FOTM, and I don’t see why in the world PvE players should have the edge. Fairness and equity is what should drive the game: just give everyone everything they want, and add W3 variants for Ascended Utility slots.

in WvW

Posted by: Liquid Storm.8097

Liquid Storm.8097

Ascended Gear in WvW: Should have been added 2 months ago.
Since the devs seem to read this topic: statements regarding the newest patch and arrow cards would be appreciated. Maybe with a list: 10 reasons why I should quit my job.

+1.

I know programming is hard, but how can people worsen the game with every released patch is beyond me.

Staff elementalist @ [SOUL]
Far Shiverpeaks EU
http://fspsoul.enjin.com/

in WvW

Posted by: wish.1027

wish.1027

I am ok with not being able to get ascended via WvW as long as the gear can’t be used in WvW.

I dont like this guy or 99% of the things he says, but I agree with this.

Jade Quarry Warrior Strike Force [SF]
w/ an alt Thief and Guardian.
Math is your friend.

in WvW

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

Yeah, ascended eq pricing in PvE is way too high, news at eleven.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

in WvW

Posted by: CrazyDuck.4610

CrazyDuck.4610

Thank you for replying, very excited about this

YouWish – Guard
DragonBrand – [Agg] Aggression

in WvW

Posted by: Ntranced.7415

Ntranced.7415

Given WvW is in The Mists, it would make sense for vials of mist essences etc and ascended drops to occur in WvW also.

This. 100x this. And while you are at it, let’s have some good looking WvWvW only armor skins.

Aurora Glade [KISS]

in WvW

Posted by: lare.9512

lare.9512

So exciting to see a dev replying with some random phrase about bacon instead of attaching a Agile Board snapshot with some real Story Points and Sprint ending date.

Also we live in 2013 grandpa, George Michael belongs to 80s. Sort your priorities and fix the code instead of trolling the forums with inept ideas.

in WvW

Posted by: covenn.7165

covenn.7165

Huh? RG isn’t the only guild that can rack up badges.

8 hours of active W3 for me can easily net between 1 and 2 stacks of 250 in T1 NA.

I am thinking about 2000 badges per item on average would be a good price.

in WvW

Posted by: Atherakhia.4086

Atherakhia.4086

Why not just make it so you turn in 250 badges to get a laurel and laurels are used to buy ascended gear like it is now?

You could then make guild commendations be turned in for 2 laurels each.

We could get some guild events in WvW (take a tower in 30mins or kill 100 invaders kinda thing).

in WvW

Posted by: Jeda.5209

Jeda.5209

They probably introduce ascended gear (rings, amulets, accessories, backpieces) in wvw after they introduce ascended clothing for pve only.

Seriously, don’t know why it is so hard to copy and paste the same gear from fractals into wvw vendors with badges as currency. Seems like a 5 minute job.

Sea of Sorrows

(Bronze Soldier)

in WvW

Posted by: Toble.2968

Toble.2968

I know I shouldn’t have expected this, but why can’t we trade badges for ascended items yet?

I know I probably seem entitled, but I personally hate fractals, and refuse to do them. I also don’t really enjoy dungeons. I know a lot of people who are the same way, and WvW most of the time instead of run fractals/dungeons. I feel like those people are treated much worse than PvE players.

There are currently only three ways to obtain ascended rings in the game: drops from fractals, pristine fractal relics, and laurels. Meaning that two out of the three ways are only obtainable through PvE. Laurels, as well, while obtainable in WvW, often require you to do PvE.

It takes 10 days of fractals to be assured one ascended ring. It takes 35+ days of WvW to be assured one, and we would like to be just as competitive as PvE players.

Are WvW players time earned in badges not as valuable as time earned in fractal relics or dungeon tokens? On a good day, I can get maybe one stack of badges (and that’s probably 8 hours of work). With that, I can get 1-2 exotic pieces, and I have the pleasure of losing 1 gold per item. If I was running CoF, I could do 3 paths in less than 1/2 hour, gain 180 tokens, get an exotic piece from it, and MAKE 2-3 gold.

One hour of PvE and one hour of WvW should reward you the same amount. Stop treating WvW players less than PvE players.

You only make 250 badges in 8 hours?

Poor poor kitten…

Teal haired, Bifrost wearing, heal pooping, dot placing, noob.
| Epidemic
| Drenched

in WvW

Posted by: brandon.6735

brandon.6735

I was thinking they would cost like 500 badges and some karma also b/c i have 900k karma i want to use lol.

Guardianhipster
Thiefhipster

in WvW

Posted by: itsmee.7536

itsmee.7536

8 hours of active W3 for me can easily net between 1 and 2 stacks of 250 in T1 NA.

’scuse me there are 6 T1 servers and 45 non T1 servers in the game, so its not about T1.

The most fair way to compare is to use time required to obtain in FotM and WvW. For medium-low tier servers it varies, and Anet has more accurate numbers than any of us. In my case 8 hours might get me 250 or so, depending if I’m sitting on cannons/ac’s or repairing/building defenses and doing the job others refuse to do, which again shows that doing the right thing in WvW is the least rewarding.

Dijla – Charr Warrior
[GoA] Guardians of Arcane – Officer
Ruins of Surmia – Commander

(edited by itsmee.7536)

in WvW

Posted by: TyrDaishi.1057

TyrDaishi.1057

Why not just make it so you turn in 250 badges to get a laurel and laurels are used to buy ascended gear like it is now?

You could then make guild commendations be turned in for 2 laurels each.

We could get some guild events in WvW (take a tower in 30mins or kill 100 invaders kinda thing).

I like the idea, maybe the costs should be a little bit higher since I can make 500 badges in 4 hours or less on a good day. But still a nice idea!

in WvW

Posted by: Toble.2968

Toble.2968

’scuse me there are 6 T1 servers and 45 non T1 servers in the game, so its not about T1.

The most fair way to compare is to use time required to obtain in FotM and WvW. For medium-low tier servers it varies, and Anet has more accurate numbers than any of us. In my case 8 hours might get me 250 or so, depending if I’m sitting on cannons/ac’s or repairing/building defenses and doing the job others refuse to do, which again shows that doing the right thing in WvW is the least rewarding.

I play in t7 and I make about 250 in anywhere from 3-4 hours.

I have to imagine T1 is at least double that.

Teal haired, Bifrost wearing, heal pooping, dot placing, noob.
| Epidemic
| Drenched

in WvW

Posted by: covenn.7165

covenn.7165

Eh… my server climbed from 17th place and I was underestimating to account for lower tiers. Bad choice for to mention what tier I was currently in obviously, because it is doable on any tier during active play sessions. I’ve gotten 4 stacks on reset night, but I didn’t use that as an example for obvious reasons….

in WvW

Posted by: NevirSayDie.6235

NevirSayDie.6235

I think Anet has made a good call by NOT making a WvW-specific way to get ascended gear. I enjoy WvW and usually roam solo or with 1-2 others. If, one patch, I suddenly discover I could have farmed enough badges/wxp/whatever for a few sets of ascended gear if I had just chosen to zerg instead, I would feel a little disappointed.

In other words, people are already upset that zerging is too popular. What would happen if zerging became the fastest path to ascended gear?

in WvW

Posted by: Aberrant.6749

Aberrant.6749

im against adding accended to badge venders i can get anywhere from 200-500 badges a day depending on how active i am

fractals yes you can get accended items from it but its not that impressive its a chance to get a ring and chances are if you get one its not the ring you need/want

if they made it so you could get a daily chest from say capturing stonemist keep that would even it out and pull servers together to try and take it

PvE players have had MONTHS of acess to ascended gear.

Making it for 350 badges + 5g or some ecto’s would be totally fine and balanced.

Not everyone is playing a character designed for max aoe/bags. Some of us are tanks, other are support… not everyone is playing on a highly populated server as well… you need to keep those sorts of things in mind as well.

Tarnished Coast
Salvage 4 Profit + MF Guide – http://tinyurl.com/l8ff6pa

(edited by Aberrant.6749)

in WvW

Posted by: Niim.9260

Niim.9260

I think Anet has made a good call by NOT making a WvW-specific way to get ascended gear. I enjoy WvW and usually roam solo or with 1-2 others. If, one patch, I suddenly discover I could have farmed enough badges/wxp/whatever for a few sets of ascended gear if I had just chosen to zerg instead, I would feel a little disappointed.

In other words, people are already upset that zerging is too popular. What would happen if zerging became the fastest path to ascended gear?

So ignore an entire play style because zerging is too profitable?

Besides those zergers are more likely to be doing other things to earn their ascended anyways, its the small group folks that only wvw that need the assistance more. At the end of the day there is only so many pieces you can wear/use at once, the currency just impacts how fast you get the pieces, which in the end means nothing.

~ AoN ~

in WvW

Aberrant.6749

They should remove the badges from the kitten jp regardless though… put it in as a separate daily for capping/defending/guarding yaks instead.

Tarnished Coast

in WvW

NevirSayDie.6235

So ignore an entire play style because zerging is too profitable?

Besides those zergers are more likely to be doing other things to earn their ascended anyways, its the small group folks that only wvw that need the assistance more. At the end of the day there is only so many pieces you can wear/use at once, the currency just impacts how fast you get the pieces, which in the end means nothing.

Oh no, I would still play in the same style. I would just see fewer other people playing the same way and even more threads on the forums about how zerging is being encouraged.

Also, If rate of acquisition is really a non-issue, then laurels are good enough for WvW players to gain ascended gear.

Sorry, just playing devil’s advocate because it seems everyone is saying “this would be amazing! I have so many badges sitting in my bank…” —but without necessarily considering the impact that badges for ascended would have.

in WvW

Posted by: Pyranna.2054

Pyranna.2054

In b4 “Laurel vendors added to World vs world areas.”

Kharz Halfheart – Necro
The Soul Slayers [SLAY]
FarShiver Peaks

in WvW

Posted by: Henrik.7560

Henrik.7560

250 or 500 badges + 5g = ascended gear.
Simple. And yes, I hate fractals.

SUGGESTION:
Would be nice to have Daily WvW, since there is Daily PvP, for example,
4 steps:
1: Guard killer: 5/5
2: Points captured: 3/3
3: Badges of Honor earner: 10/10
4: Lord killer: 1/1

This would make a perfect daily, the reward can be: 1 Laurel, (if haven’t got it from other dailies) + 5 badges of honor + some WXP

Arcane Bastion [AB]
Elementalist Mesmer Ranger
Sea of Sorrows

(edited by Henrik.7560)

in WvW

Posted by: slingblade.1437

slingblade.1437

250 or 500 badges + 5g = ascended gear.
Simple. And yes, I hate fractals.

SUGGESTION:
Would be nice to have Daily WvW, since there is Daily PvP, for example,
4 steps:
1: Guard killer: 5/5
2: Points captured: 3/3
3: Badges of Honor earner: 10/10
4: Lord killer: 1/1

This would make a perfect daily, the reward can be: 1 Laurel, (if haven’t got it from other dailies) + 5 badges of honor + some WXP

I much prefer something along these lines as opposed to just making it strictly based on badges, with the exception that number 3 should be based on the number of enemy “invaders” killed, rather than badges, since badges are random.

As Anet already knows, there are lots of players who make vital contributions to their servers but prefer to not spend most of their time zerg surfing. As one of those types of players I have relatively few badges and would again be forced to doing something I don’t particularly enjoy in order to be on equal footing with other players, even though I already work my tail off doing things I know help my server such as scouting, holding/flipping camps, securing/disrupting supply lines, building siege, etc..

Please don’t let this be yet another case of the behind-the-scenes players getting left out in the cold.

in WvW

Posted by: timidobserver.7925

timidobserver.7925

To buy ascended rings: Must obtain WvW rank of 40 or better. Each item costs 1000 badges.
To buy ascended Amulet: Must obtain WvW rank of 50 or better. 2000 badges per amulet.
To buy ascended accesories: Mut obtai WvW rank of 50 or better. 1000 badges laurels per.

in WvW

Posted by: Niim.9260

Niim.9260

To buy ascended rings: Must obtain WvW rank of 40 or better. Each item costs 1000 badges.
To buy ascended Amulet: Must obtain WvW rank of 50 or better. 2000 badges per amulet.
To buy ascended accesories: Mut obtai WvW rank of 50 or better. 1000 badges laurels per.

Rank means nothing and should not be used as a basis for purchasing gear. All having a higher rank means is that you zerg a lot, good at tagging kills and zerging down objectives. Like the system didnt already reward horrible play enough, making it a requirement of ascended gear will be the death nail on quality play in this game.

~ AoN ~

in WvW

Posted by: Delune.4817

Delune.4817

We are not planning on adding a new currency to handle Ascended items in WvW.

Bring on the purples with badges, thanks, I got 9k I didnt spend yet just waiting! 1k each would be a good price IMO.

someone who has more than me! I got a full bank line.

Commander All The Delune, Fort Aspenwood
Guild Leader of [TK]
“FA, stomping bandwagons since 2012….”

in WvW

Posted by: Issues.5789

Issues.5789

You stated Ascended items for WvW in November. That’s 6 month’s (not counting November) of “hustling” to implement a reward system. Strong hustling..

in WvW

Posted by: scerevisiae.1972

scerevisiae.1972

All the currencies should be interconvertible so people can do the stuff they enjoy.

30 skill points = 50K karma = 250 badges = 2 laurels

30 laurels per item

downed state is bad for PVP

(edited by scerevisiae.1972)

in WvW

Posted by: Nameo.6842

Nameo.6842

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Armor_Master
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Guild_Commendation_Trader

Seeing the prices of exotics WvW jewelery, and the price of ascended jewelery with guild commendations.

It’ll surely be something around :
500 badges
5 g

Laurels and laurels + ectos are already used to get ascended stuff.

in WvW

Posted by: Troop.1369

Troop.1369

Definitely a good idea to require ranks + badges + gold to buy ascended gear. Proves you spend time in WvW, time + minimum effort = reward.

Just like laurels and guild commendations.

Honestly, you’re spending a lot of time and you have a kitten rank… you’re doing something wrong.

And don’t tell me “well im a scout so…” or “our havok squad blablabla” we have rank 60+ scouts/havok in our guild.

Black Talons – We make you nervous.
http://blacktalons.guildlaunch.com/

in WvW

NevirSayDie.6235

Rank means nothing and should not be used as a basis for purchasing gear. All having a higher rank means is that you zerg a lot, good at tagging kills and zerging down objectives. Like the system didnt already reward horrible play enough, making it a requirement of ascended gear will be the death nail on quality play in this game.

^ The same can be said of # of badges in inventory or amount of gold. There’s already a lot of people who feel that WvW revolves too much around getting in the biggest group you can and autoattacking gates. I can’t imagine gameplay would improve after adding ascended gear for WvW currency.

in WvW

Posted by: slingblade.1437

slingblade.1437

All the currencies should be interconvertible so people can do the stuff they enjoy.

30 laurels per item

My first reaction to this at least, is that it’s brilliant.

Anet, please take note! Don’t punish us for playing the way we want to play. Just be happy we’re playing, and reward accordingly.

(edited by slingblade.1437)

in WvW

Posted by: Iavra.8510

Iavra.8510

450 Skillpoints per item seems a bit harsh ^^

The numbers would have to be adjusted but i support the general idea.

in WvW

Posted by: Czar Peter.7961

Czar Peter.7961

I think it’s reasonable to expect to acquire ascended items in WvW at the same speed as if I were playing PvE content like fractals/guild missions.

Engineer – Thief – Warrior

in WvW

Aberrant.6749

30 laurels per item

My first reaction to this at least, is that it’s brilliant.

Anet, please take note! Don’t punish us for playing the way we want to play. Just be happy we’re playing, and reward accordingly.

I like the general idea of it, however, 250 badges for 2 laurels would mean 3750 badges per item. 50k karma for 2 laurels would be 750,000 karma per item. That’s a bit high…

Tarnished Coast

(edited by Aberrant.6749)

in WvW

Posted by: Buzzcrave.6197

Buzzcrave.6197

For you people that keep on saying 1/2 stack of badges is easy to farm per day just because of you’re in a server that only promote blobs fight, think of the lower tiers where the max zerg fight they’ll get is 15v15.

I really hope Anet will think carefully about this, as it may be impossible for lower tier server to get ascended via wvw. Why bother spending months in wvw when you can get it in a week from fractals? Hate it or not, time is really important.

in WvW

Posted by: Shadow Blade.1324

Shadow Blade.1324

ASAP.

“Players in WvW will be able to acquire Ascended items within that area of the game soon.

Chris"

from the reddit ama months ago, im not sure how many people characterize half a year as soon but I’m not among them so ill believe it when i see it

if they made it so you could get a daily chest from say capturing stonemist keep that would even it out and pull servers together to try and take it

this would just encourage win trading every few hours so each server can get the chest each day

personally i think ascended has no place in wvw , and while id much prefer it WvW be a part of Spvp and have badges buy skins /siege upgrades or trade for supply/glory.

since that’s not how it is, you shouldn’t be better in WvW cause you love running fractals or have a huge guild it should be due to progressing in WvW so only ascended gear purchased through WvW should be usable in WvW

betting they do this through another terrible mechanic like agony such as +player dmg/defense

i wish the devs had a consistent vision and didn’t push out content they know is flawed

in WvW

Posted by: timidobserver.7925

timidobserver.7925

Rank means plenty. It is the WvW progression mechanism regardless of whether you like it or not. If you have a rank of 40 or better, you spend a lot of time in WvW and timespent is generally the ultimate thing that needs to be insured with ascended gear.

in WvW

Posted by: Pendragon.8735

Pendragon.8735

The funny (or sad tbh) thing is by the time they get this ridiculously simple thing put in, it will probably be equal to the time you could have your Ascended slots filled simply by doing every daily and monthly. “Ah well, a lot of the grubby WvW players probably have their Ascended by now anyway, might as well give it to them much easier now that it hardly helps.”

in WvW

Posted by: Usagi.4835

Usagi.4835

Replace traps with ascended gear please!

Commander Chocolate Teapot | Prettier than you | Forum damsel in distress