August 6, 2013 & WvW

August 6, 2013 & WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Seigfried.5938

Seigfried.5938

Don’t forget the champion boss reward system.

But on the other hand, don’t bother with supply mastery, please fix the skill lag. It is a game breaking issue and no matter how many new features are added to wvw, it can’t make up for skill lag.

Gandara → SoS → BG → Gandara → SFR

New bunker meta sux

August 6, 2013 & WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Azylynne.9487

Azylynne.9487

ANet hasn’t really given us WvWers much, besides Culling (and err, Siegerazor). Ascended Gear via Badges was only "equaling WvW to PvE. Masteries are “nice” but they don’t really improve the enjoyment of WvW much, like there’s no real NEW content, unlike the Living Story. What I hear from some of our more vocal posters in this thread is that ANet ISN’T giving WvW as much attention as we want them to, and I agree.

What IS there to work towards for end game in WvW? Cooler looking gear? There doesn’t seem much of that? Special finishers to look better… well, aren’t the finishers based off sPvP and NOT WvW in this upcoming patch? Why wouldn’t it be based off WvW Ranks? Purchasable dance moves through Ranks/Badges? Maybe?

Personally, I don’t need “improvement” of stats or gameplay, etc. for my time in WvW. However, I would like to recognized for my time there… something that sets me, as a decently dedicated WvW player (compared to time spent in PvE). PvErs get different skins for each dungeon set. They can work towards Legendary Weapons. Every two weeks they get some new content (which I’ll dip into for fun). And WvW… we pretty much get nothing.

As others have pointed out…there are still bugs exclusive to WvW…like not being able to whisper people. And the Commander system…. still is not really up to par for what a great number of us would like. ANet CAN put some thought and energy into this, but are they? Are we seriously only getting Masteries for this year?

As for Orbs… to me, it’s not some big boon great prize bonus for us WvWers. We HAD Orbs in beta. and early game. Sure it was broken. Sure people could somehow sneak into Bay and hit the Altar without even breaching the inner gate/wall… but it was something that could have been fixed and returned to game…. much sooner. It was not. If the return of the Orb is the BIG WvW update I will be highly disappointed…it’s NOT new content.

As with Culling. With the elimination of Culling, many WvWers were cheering happy for this great…new thing… but really… it’s a fix that should have not been a problem at launch. It gave us what the game SHOULD have already been. Does that make sense?

Although I still enjoy GW2, and especially the WvW aspect of the game, I WOULD however, like to see ANet start putting some serious thought to improve WvW…perhaps first by doing fixing some of the more basic aspects of the game (whispers/booting folks who left group, and improving the Commander)… and then creating new content for us (new maps, more dynamic UI, etc.).

Nordvegr
Jade Quarry

August 6, 2013 & WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Jscull.2514

Jscull.2514

Call of duty sucks… Zero repercussion to deaths. Death in Daoc meant 15 minutes before you could even be back in a fight unless you had a port open to a keep.

That’s for another discussion.

Here is the main point I guess I didn’t express yesterday…
Giving players pvp abilities…. And the means to acquiring the points for ranks in order to unlock the abilities would be ONLY through killing other players. “well Zergs can kill more people faster” = false. No. Kills in a Zerg give you 1-10 points per kill based on the number of people on your server around you……Kills in a small group, give you 150-250 points per kill towards rank…..solves Zerging REALLY FRICKEN FAST. So Zerg all you want to….but to acquire the points to rank up for player vs player offense or defensive abilities will come EXTREMELY slower. The choice is then up to the gamer.

So your time spent as a Thief roaming and killing random upleveled newbies who are just exploring the map will give you more points towards better pvp abilities. Check.

I still see no point to have player pvp abilities, other than bad players needing an unfair advantage over players will less play time.

Make it so uplevels give super kittenty amount of points…..problem solved. Look man, yea with this system there would be bad assssss players that have a TON of firepower, find a team and beat them…..the game isnt designed for 1v1’s all over the place….get in a core group of people and design YOUR firepower around killing the beasts in pvp. The system I wrote yesterday above is so that the people who win fights they shouldnt, and against the best players, get rewarded. Right now there is more reward to running around like a chicken with no head and pounding keep doors than actually using the characters/classes/builds that Anet designed.

PAXA -GM

August 6, 2013 & WvW

in WvW

Posted by: meep.2601

meep.2601

WvW is imploding at an amazing rate, and I have to say that it is very satisfying to watch.

this thread is full of ideas that could make wvw much more enjoyable. will any of it be implemented? no.

Anet has been completely ignoring great wvw ideas since the betas. thumbs up anet we are proud of you!!

August 6, 2013 & WvW

in WvW

Posted by: AndrewSX.3794

AndrewSX.3794

WvW is imploding at an amazing rate, and I have to say that it is very satisfying to watch.

this thread is full of ideas that could make wvw much more enjoyable. will any of it be implemented? no.

Anet has been completely ignoring great wvw ideas since the betas. thumbs up anet we are proud of you!!

+1

Seafarer’s Rest EU – PvE/WvW – 8 × 80 chars.
Most used: Guard/Mes/War/Nec/Ele.
Yes, i use 5 chars at time. Because REASONS.

August 6, 2013 & WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Jscull.2514

Jscull.2514

+1 (and lol at the name meep)

PAXA -GM

August 6, 2013 & WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Fuzzion.2504

Fuzzion.2504

Am I the only person excited for permanent finishers? =/

As long as i can do a fatality like in mortal kombat, im excited!

Attachments:

Fuzzionx [SF]
Guest member of [LOVE]
JQ official Prime Minister

August 6, 2013 & WvW

in WvW

Posted by: covenn.7165

covenn.7165

Rewarded by imbalancing players against other players?

Where is my ascended back item?

August 6, 2013 & WvW

in WvW

Posted by: styx.7294

styx.7294

Haha, I’m actually excited about it too. I miss the snowman finishers.

Gate of Madness

August 6, 2013 & WvW

in WvW

Posted by: deracs.1762

deracs.1762

No way to give -1, needs to be fixed in forums!!. Reading through this thread and responding, and yes I am going to respond to Jscull since we have been back and forth a lot this thread. Js has stated that he has no interest in any part of WvW other then pvp, wont siege, wont defend wont take towers camps etc. and yet at the same time keeps +1 and quoting posts that Anet does nothing for WvW. While we all like different aspects of WvW, if you are unwilling to participate in any part of it, quite possibly the game simply is not for you
DAOC has everything you keep saying you want. You have your power creep, world roaming groups for PvP, no need to siege, zerg etc. As a bonus you also get no skill lag, lots of room so zergs cant find you, no aoe limits, virtually everything you want. Graphics are older of course. So why would you not simply play a game that has everything you want, instead of playing a game that has nothing you want? I just don’t get it

August 6, 2013 & WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Virtute.8251

Virtute.8251

No way to give -1, needs to be fixed in forums!!. Reading through this thread and responding, and yes I am going to respond to Jscull since we have been back and forth a lot this thread. Js has stated that he has no interest in any part of WvW other then pvp, wont siege, wont defend wont take towers camps etc. and yet at the same time keeps +1 and quoting posts that Anet does nothing for WvW. While we all like different aspects of WvW, if you are unwilling to participate in any part of it, quite possibly the game simply is not for you
DAOC has everything you keep saying you want. You have your power creep, world roaming groups for PvP, no need to siege, zerg etc. As a bonus you also get no skill lag, lots of room so zergs cant find you, no aoe limits, virtually everything you want. Graphics are older of course. So why would you not simply play a game that has everything you want, instead of playing a game that has nothing you want? I just don’t get it

Many of us know, unfortunately, that he and his team come from DAOC. It warms my jimmies that the reason we know this fact is that it’s attached to his actual reputation of cuddle-puddling with his few friends in threads like these, defeating his own intentions every single time.

Toys-r-us kids mentality vs. zerg mentality = I need more popcorn.

Azylynne.9487’s post above is fairly accurate.

The “wvw is imploding” post… LOL. What’s actually imploding is many player’s will to force themselves to play WvW as if it is something other than what it is designed to be. From solo-roam-or-go-home types getting run over every single night, to stack-on-me-and-get-in-TeamSpeak-to-be-screamed-at types beginning to lose hair and develop aneurisms… many people still have much to learn about calming down and having fun appropriately.

Legendary PvF Keep Lord Anvu Pansu Senpai
RvR isn’t “endgame”, it’s the only game. Cu in CU.

(edited by Virtute.8251)

August 6, 2013 & WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Xirin.8593

Xirin.8593

Haha, I’m actually excited about it too. I miss the snowman finishers.

I’m partial to the Gift finishers. That whiiirrrr bzzzz noise was hilarious. Snowman was great too…the animation was very well done.

[AoN] All or Nothing

August 6, 2013 & WvW

in WvW

Posted by: VOLKON.1290

VOLKON.1290

Rewarded by imbalancing players against other players?

Where is my ascended back item?

Don’t know, but mine is waiting for me to get a glob of something I thought I already had and a visit to the Mystic Forge.

#TeamJadeQuarry