BTW New Poll

BTW New Poll

in WvW

Posted by: Jim Hunter.6821

Jim Hunter.6821

Who gives a kitten when most of the people who vote are pve kittens who play WvW once a week?

That the new excuse going around these days for polls that don’t go your way? more pve players vote on the polls than the wvw players?

lol

How about how poorly and biased the poll’s have been worded? Do another poll Anet with something as concise as “Should we permanently remove the Dessert Borderlands: Yes or No?” With “YES” being first as every logical minded person would think and say it. It’s literally called a “yes–no question” for a reason!

This poll was doomed from the start with poor wording, poor staging, and from a “new” majority now being 75%. How many voting are even WvW players? How about a “Reward Track” for each poll where you have to earn the right to vote on a WvW issue? The more times you complete the reward track, the more your vote counts? That right there will take care of non WvW players and those with multiple accounts voting.

Oh the other excuse people are blindly voting the wrong way cause you think it’s not worded properly. It’s fine, there are more people who are willing to give the map a chance than those that want it removed permanently, stop crying about it and move on.

Completely agree. Apparently the vocal minority didn’t realize they were a minority.
The poll so far is even a surprise to me. I thought that ‘get rid of the dbls’ option would reach around 45%. Guess I even overestimated the size of the vocal minority.

That being said, I hope that Anet continues to tweak the dbls to make them more playable for more people.

Go look at the posts people are making. A common theme is, "I don’t like the dbl but if we vote to destroy it anet won’t make any new maps. "

People aren’t voting on whether or not they like the map or if they’ll play on it, they are voting to keep it out of fear of WvW being ignored again.

LOL. Ok, whatever you say.

You do realize that a very large portion of the people that are voting in the polls are being notified in game, and have never once(other than the polls) read or posted on the forums? So, if they haven’t posted or read here, then how would they know about this “common theme” conspiracy that you are convinced is going on?

Oh wait, that is probably also a part of the same conspiracy.

So…. You’re point is that on top of the group that allowed themselves to be scared into voting to keep the map, you also get the vote of the uninformed pve players that hop into wvw for 10 minutes to get their dailies….. okay.

Like I said, whatever you say. /wink

You just can’t handle your views of dbls being in the obvious minority, huh?

Lol look at the post right above yours.

Also known as Puck when my account isn’t suspended
LGN

BTW New Poll

in WvW

Posted by: Pahawe.4865

Pahawe.4865

I’m just gobsmacked that they even put that poll up. You don’t just make all that content, pull it from the game for improvements after complaints and then actually say to the players ’A’ight, can we delete this then?’

This is meant to be a triple A gaming studio. There should be no room for the word ‘quit’ in this scenario! The only things we should be being asked is whether we want them to focus their efforts on improving DBL, Alpine or Eye first!

BTW New Poll

in WvW

Posted by: OriOri.8724

OriOri.8724

Who gives a kitten when most of the people who vote are pve kittens who play WvW once a week?

That the new excuse going around these days for polls that don’t go your way? more pve players vote on the polls than the wvw players?

lol

How about how poorly and biased the poll’s have been worded? Do another poll Anet with something as concise as “Should we permanently remove the Dessert Borderlands: Yes or No?” With “YES” being first as every logical minded person would think and say it. It’s literally called a “yes–no question” for a reason!

This poll was doomed from the start with poor wording, poor staging, and from a “new” majority now being 75%. How many voting are even WvW players? How about a “Reward Track” for each poll where you have to earn the right to vote on a WvW issue? The more times you complete the reward track, the more your vote counts? That right there will take care of non WvW players and those with multiple accounts voting.

Oh the other excuse people are blindly voting the wrong way cause you think it’s not worded properly. It’s fine, there are more people who are willing to give the map a chance than those that want it removed permanently, stop crying about it and move on.

Completely agree. Apparently the vocal minority didn’t realize they were a minority.
The poll so far is even a surprise to me. I thought that ‘get rid of the dbls’ option would reach around 45%. Guess I even overestimated the size of the vocal minority.

That being said, I hope that Anet continues to tweak the dbls to make them more playable for more people.

Go look at the posts people are making. A common theme is, "I don’t like the dbl but if we vote to destroy it anet won’t make any new maps. "

People aren’t voting on whether or not they like the map or if they’ll play on it, they are voting to keep it out of fear of WvW being ignored again.

You do realize that a very large portion of the people that are voting in the polls are being notified in game, and have never once(other than the polls) read or posted on the forums? So, if they haven’t posted or read here, then how would they know about this “common theme” conspiracy that you are convinced is going on?

So…. You’re point is that on top of the group that allowed themselves to be scared into voting to keep the map, you also get the vote of the uninformed pve players that hop into wvw for 10 minutes to get their dailies….. okay.

Just because you don’t enjoy PvE doesn’t make PvE players uninformed. They know better than you do what they want to see out of a WvW map. You cannot tell them what a WvW map has to look like for them to enjoy it. Have you ever stopped and thought that there are some people who don’t play WvW because of the ABL?

BTW New Poll

in WvW

Posted by: Teon.5168

Teon.5168

lol

Like I said, whatever you say. /wink

You just can’t handle your views of dbls being in the obvious minority, huh?

Lol look at the post right above yours.

Yea, Jim, because one post makes real consensus, or as you say “theme”, whereas a poll with exponentially greater numbers voting means nothing to you. What a unique and novel approach to a logical thought process.

Forum discussions -
Mmo players with a screw loose vs mmo players with two screws loose. All very important stuff.
-Zenleto-

(edited by Teon.5168)

BTW New Poll

in WvW

Teon.5168

lol

Just because you don’t enjoy PvE doesn’t make PvE players uninformed. They know better than you do what they want to see out of a WvW map. You cannot tell them what a WvW map has to look like for them to enjoy it. Have you ever stopped and thought that there are some people who don’t play WvW because of the ABL?

Well said. JH doesn’t seem to understand that there is a very real possibility that the majority of people might disagree with his take/opinion on dbls.

Forum discussions -
Mmo players with a screw loose vs mmo players with two screws loose. All very important stuff.
-Zenleto-

BTW New Poll

in WvW

Posted by: Loosmaster.8263

Loosmaster.8263

If there was a majority that liked the DBL, we wouldn’t be having this conversation.

Tacktical Killers [TK]
We’re looking for players.
PM me here or ING.

BTW New Poll

in WvW

Teon.5168

If there was a majority that liked the DBL, we wouldn’t be having this conversation.

How so? I think it has more to do with the minority on this subject just being extremely loud and persistent.

Forum discussions -
-Zenleto-

BTW New Poll

in WvW

Loosmaster.8263

How so?

Where were they when the maps got pulled?

Tacktical Killers [TK]
PM me here or ING.

BTW New Poll

in WvW

Teon.5168

How so?

Where were they when the maps got pulled?

That’s a good/fair point. TBH, I think Anet pays too much attention to the loud minority on these forums. At the same time, I think the dbls were released too early, or Anet should have said they were beta testing them and looking for feedback on how to improve them. But then again, all that was before they started communicating with wvw players on these forums.

And with the current dbl poll, and then the upcoming mixed bls poll, I think Anet is trying to remedy the whole mess.

Forum discussions -
-Zenleto-

(edited by Teon.5168)

BTW New Poll

in WvW

Loosmaster.8263

They got pulled because that loud minority were the only ones communicating with Anet. They were the ones that pushed for the type of communication you have now.

Tacktical Killers [TK]
PM me here or ING.

BTW New Poll

in WvW

Teon.5168

They got pulled because that loud minority were the only ones communicating with Anet. They were the ones that pushed for the type of communication you have now.

I will give you that. Might have lit a fire under somebody’s butt to give a kitten about WvW.

And in the case of the current poll, that vocal minority got a “be careful what you wish for” with that very communication.

Forum discussions -
-Zenleto-

BTW New Poll

in WvW

Posted by: Sweet Sanity.8593

Sweet Sanity.8593

This is getting out of hand. Not everyone likes the same bl. So what they do is put them in rotations so everyone is happy at least sometimes. Doesn’t matter if you don’t like the bl because gw is not about making YOU happy. Learn to compromise like an adult and stop crying you don’t get your way all the time

BTW New Poll

in WvW

Posted by: Balthazzarr.1349

Balthazzarr.1349

One of the “problems” with the poll on the DBL’s was that it was put out way too soon after the switch back to Alpine and everyone was running around in heaven ( at the moment ) because of the switch back. As you can see the poll would look different now than it did at that time because many people are already bored (again) with the Alpine BL’s. People state that it’s better fighting in Alpine… I have to ask.. where the heck is the fighting? It’s almost ALL in EB still. Alpine maps seem to have people when EB is mostly full (once again). The complaints I saw (and gave) about roaming being a problem are mostly gone now. It’s pretty easy to roam the BL’s once again since so few people really are on them except during prime time… and even then most are on EB.

Personally I prefer the DBL’s. Gives the Roamers a great place to go… and the blob fighters will continue to go to EB where they mostly go now!

… just call me … Tim :)

BTW New Poll

in WvW

Teon.5168

This is getting out of hand. Not everyone likes the same bl. So what they do is put them in rotations so everyone is happy at least sometimes. Doesn’t matter if you don’t like the bl because gw is not about making YOU happy. Learn to compromise like an adult and stop crying you don’t get your way all the time

Totally agree. I sure hope the mixed bls poll succeeds on some level, as I think a mixed bls would be a wonderful compromise.

Forum discussions -
-Zenleto-

BTW New Poll

in WvW

Posted by: shrek.1046

shrek.1046

I’m just gobsmacked that they even put that poll up. You don’t just make all that content, pull it from the game for improvements after complaints and then actually say to the players ’A’ight, can we delete this then?’

This is meant to be a triple A gaming studio. There should be no room for the word ‘quit’ in this scenario! The only things we should be being asked is whether we want them to focus their efforts on improving DBL, Alpine or Eye first!

They were kind of forced into it by the vocal minority. At least with the apparent result the minority can’t claim to be in the majority. It will essentially shut the debate about retaining the DBL down completely one way or the other.

BTW New Poll

in WvW

Posted by: Ben K.6238

Ben K.6238

Pretty much that – they put the poll up to shut the ‘delete DBL’ muppets up permanently.

BTW New Poll

in WvW

Teon.5168

Pretty much that – they put the poll up to shut the ‘delete DBL’ muppets up permanently.

+100

Forum discussions -
-Zenleto-

BTW New Poll

in WvW

Posted by: Aenaos.8160

Aenaos.8160

I’m sure they had a pretty good knowledge of where the players stand in terms of the Desert borderland,and just needed a way to show to the people that complain about it,that they are the minority.
The main argument the anti dbl players make is that if the community was given the choice,they would choose to remove this map from the game.
Seems like this is not true at all after all.

-Win a pip,lose a pip,win a pip,lose a pip,lose a pip,
lose a pip,win 2 pips,lose a pip,lose a pip…………..-
-Go go Espartz.-

BTW New Poll

in WvW

Posted by: zhonnika.1784

zhonnika.1784

We won’t be silenced permanently. Sorry to burst your bubble there, sir. I’ll rail against these maps for as long as I play this game. As for PvE-ers knowing better how to design and run a map than people who play WvW….. um, what? I mean, I’ve heard some stupid garbage here before, but that really tops it.

How, really… how do you explain the resurgence in population in WvW with ABL coming back? It wasn’t reward tracks. It wasn’t world linking. It was the return of a map that makes sense for WvW. If we have to have this fetid dusty crap back, I only hope it remains to one map…. so that I never have to go there.

Kashmara – Elementalist | Reapermara – Necromancer
Jade Quarry
Onslaught [OnS]

BTW New Poll

in WvW

Posted by: Ben K.6238

Ben K.6238

It was world linking, and that didn’t last long.

ABL is dead again. Funny, I predicted that too.

BTW New Poll

in WvW

Teon.5168

I have to agree with Ben. Linking the servers brought people back, not the ABLs.

Forum discussions -
-Zenleto-

BTW New Poll

in WvW

Teon.5168

We won’t be silenced permanently. Sorry to burst your bubble there, sir. I’ll rail against these maps for as long as I play this game.

Joust windmills much?

Forum discussions -
-Zenleto-

BTW New Poll

in WvW

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

What do you think would happen if Anet decided to make an EBG desert map (with all the same objectives that are currently on EBG) and made all of the borderlands alpine maps?

Do you think that EBG would no longer get queued?

Yes, I believe the EBG population would decline. A Desert theme is not the best design theme especially for long term play. The only reason why PvE zones like the Silverwaste or Cursed Shore gets frequented is because of the loot available. Put equal wealth potential in all the zones and I believe Queensdale, Kessex Hills, Wayfarer Foothills, and some parts of Lornar’s Pass and Timberline Fall’s, would be the most frequented area’s of the game.

Daniel Dociu artistic style and taste are too dour for the mainstream. I believe the game has always suffered in becoming more because of this.

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

BTW New Poll

in WvW

Posted by: TorquedSoul.8097

TorquedSoul.8097

We won’t be silenced permanently. Sorry to burst your bubble there, sir. I’ll rail against these maps for as long as I play this game. As for PvE-ers knowing better how to design and run a map than people who play WvW….. um, what? I mean, I’ve heard some stupid garbage here before, but that really tops it.

How, really… how do you explain the resurgence in population in WvW with ABL coming back? It wasn’t reward tracks. It wasn’t world linking. It was the return of a map that makes sense for WvW. If we have to have this fetid dusty crap back, I only hope it remains to one map…. so that I never have to go there.

The activity spike happened directly after the implementation of wvw rewards and world linking.

Since ABL was re-implemented, activity has actually been dropping.

Sorry. ABL is not the reason activity spiked. If anything it is the reason the spike died.

BTW New Poll

in WvW

TorquedSoul.8097

What do you think would happen if Anet decided to make an EBG desert map (with all the same objectives that are currently on EBG) and made all of the borderlands alpine maps?

Yes, I believe the EBG population would decline. A Desert theme is not the best design theme especially for long term play. The only reason why PvE zones like the Silverwaste or Cursed Shore gets frequented is because of the loot available. Put equal wealth potential in all the zones and I believe Queensdale, Kessex Hills, Wayfarer Foothills, and some parts of Lornar’s Pass and Timberline Fall’s, would be the most frequented area’s of the game.

Daniel Dociu artistic style and taste are too dour for the mainstream. I believe the game has always suffered in becoming more because of this.

I always thought the art in this game was one of its high points. I certainly wouldn’t call the art too dour for mainstream.

BTW New Poll

in WvW

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

The activity spike happened directly after the implementation of wvw rewards and world linking.

Sorry. ABL is not the reason activity spiked. If anything it is the reason the spike died.

Alpine BL, is a ghost town on NA t4… there are players there only whem enemy blob moves there, in expectation to karma train…

It is easy to farm and also to defend than the desert BL, desertbl was introduced with the wrong timming, low player activity, towers and castles still builted on valeys, and many other reasons, that made map a torture, still map had some positive points.
Oh.. and most players wanted a easy map to cap, still desert BL was hard for the defenders as well, keeps that could be easilly capped by some classes w/o making walls down etc…

Desert BL would be much better but would require a few hard changes…If Anet wants a pve effect, copy the sandstorm from the pve map i forgot the name, that is all it is needed to make some ambient to the map in some zones, all other pve’ish obstacles need to be removed, i think Anet as usual went to far and borked up things… both ways for defenders and a litle bit for atackers, still was much easier to atack that map than defend.

And btw castles built in valeys…. it is visually wrong just for starting…..

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

(edited by Aeolus.3615)

BTW New Poll

in WvW

Posted by: Johje Holan.4607

Johje Holan.4607

How so? I think it has more to do with the minority on this subject just being extremely loud and persistent.

I think this is because the people who play WvW the most disliked DBL the most. Of course people who love WvW are going to come in and voice their opinion the most.

People who are fine with other areas of the game can just go play those. It doesn’t really matter to them what kind of map was put into WvW if they only pop in on occasion.

If you’re trying to defend the DBL as a good map for WvW’ers then I don’t think you’ve been paying attention since the launch of HoT. It had and still has major problems.

Yes the activity spiked with the changes. Change brings back people. Different people liked different aspects of the changes. Reward tracks, world linking and ABL.

I’m pretty sure you know your statement about the ABL being the reason the spike died is ridiculous.

(edited by Johje Holan.4607)

BTW New Poll

in WvW

DeWolfe.2174

False conclusion….. better yet, faux conclusion. The spike was simply from how massive the April 19th Spring Quarterly update was. It’s a quarterly update, of course players were logging back in to check it out. Apline Borderlands was introduce two weeks later. Two weeks is more than enough time for the buzz to started wearing off.

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

BTW New Poll

in WvW

Teon.5168

That’s interesting, Johje, as I never made the above post. TorquedSoul made this post, not me. You might try checking your quotes before you go off.

Forum discussions -
-Zenleto-

(edited by Teon.5168)

BTW New Poll

in WvW

Johje Holan.4607

That’s interesting, Johje, as I never made the above post. TorquedSoul made this post, not me. You might try checking your quotes before you go off.

My bad, I pasted the wrong name in. I’ve fixed it in the post. You both seem to be the defenders of the DBL so I mixed you up. Plus both your names start with T

BTW New Poll

in WvW

Teon.5168

I think this is because the people who play WvW the most disliked DBL the most. Of course people who love WvW are going to come in and voice their opinion the most.

BS. I, and lots of my friends play wvw a lot, and most of them liked dbls, if Anet continued with the tweaks they were making.

Besides, the poll doesn’t support you in that assumption.

Forum discussions -
-Zenleto-

(edited by Teon.5168)

BTW New Poll

in WvW

Teon.5168

My bad, I pasted the wrong name in. I’ve fixed it in the post. You both seem to be the defenders of the DBL so I mixed you up. Plus both your names start with T

No prob.

I only like the dbls because I have gotten used to them, and I liked some of the tweaks they made. It’s a good bl for roamers and havoc squads, and it helps to break up the blobs. I think they need to still make more tweaks, like maybe make the center area more open for open field fights, while still having the outer areas good for roamers and havocs.

Forum discussions -
-Zenleto-

BTW New Poll

in WvW

Teon.5168

kittening rigged poll. + ANet annoyed PvEers with forced WvW, now they getting it back at WvWers, like it’s our fault.
Piece of kitten game gonna lose even more players. Next WvW pop balance: server + server + server + kittenING server. But hey — ANet will save money with having to feed hamsters for fewer servers.
This game mode never quite made it. At least with the DBL it will suck so much I’d finally stop giving a kitten .

Nice sour grapes post.

Forum discussions -
-Zenleto-

BTW New Poll

in WvW

Johje Holan.4607

BS. I, and lots of my friends play wvw a lot, and most of them liked dbls, if Anet continued with the tweaks they were making.

Besides, the poll doesn’t support you in that assumption. But then again, I realize that you’ll just cover your ears, start shouting on this forum to prove that you’re…….I don’t know what…..what are you trying to prove?

So you were playing the DBL after HoT came out? Were there a lot of people with you? What region/tier?

On my server in T3/4 NA it was truly a desert BL as in deserted of life. And people were going to EB explicitly stating that the reason was because of DBL.

The poll is to keep the DBL. Not whether you like it.

I voted to keep it even though I hate it. Why? Basically I’m willing to compromise:

• Because some people do like it and I can respect their opinion and don’t want to take away something they like.
  • If we reject the DBL there is no hope that Anet will put more development into more maps for WvW.
  • I can live with 2ABL/1DBL in WvW. I just pray that is what happens because if 3 months rotations win I’ll be stuck in EB for 3 months or just not play.

(edited by Johje Holan.4607)

BTW New Poll

in WvW

Teon.5168

Besides, the poll doesn’t support you in that assumption. But then again, I realize that you’ll just cover your ears, start shouting on this forum to prove that you’re…….I don’t know what…..what are you trying to prove?

So you were playing the DBL after HoT came out? Were there a lot of people with you? What region/tier?

On my server in T3/4 NA it was truly a desert BL as in deserted of life. And people were going to EB explicitly stating that the reason was because of DBL.

The poll is to keep the DBL. Not whether you like it.

I voted to keep it even though I hate it. Why? Basically I’m willing to compromise:

• Because some people do like it and I can respect their opinion and don’t want to take away something they like.
  • If we reject the DBL there is no hope that Anet will put more development into more maps for WvW.
  • I can live with 2ABL/1DBL in WvW. I just pray that is what happens because if 3 months rotations win I’ll be stuck in EB for 3 months or just not play.

I was playing T8 and T2 with 2 accounts. T8 was deserted, but it was deserted everywhere. T2 was decent…..good amount of activity. More after they made the initial tweaks to dbls, which I am hoping they continue.

I too, am hoping for a 2abl/1dbl mix….I think that would be an excellent compromise. Your willingness to compromise shows that you see the larger picture/possible impacts….I truly respect that attitude.

Fwiw, I have been playing since a month after release(I am a casual, older player), although I didn’t go to wvw until I had gotten some characters to 80.

And yea, I also hope that we don’t get a quarterly rotation. That would suck, imo.

In the long run, it seems to me that we both want similar things for wvw.

Forum discussions -
-Zenleto-

(edited by Teon.5168)

BTW New Poll

in WvW

Posted by: synergy.5809

synergy.5809

EBG will always have queues, it’s the map pugs go to first to find action. Guilds go there to get fights around smc.

Alpines almost never have a queue over EBG (unless something special was happening like a major gvg or an attacking side is trying to hold a T3 keep), so why would you expect that for the desert bl?

haven’t had to wait more than 5 minutes on reset in EB since alpine came back on GoM. And when the commander / guilds decide to head to another BL there’s more than enough room on EB while the alpine BL’s have queues. I like the way it is now and dont want it to ever go back to the times when there’s 50+ queue for EB cause no one wants to play the DBL.

LOL. And what if you do see that? I, for one, will be waiting with anticipation to see what sort of dire consequences you have in mind with your motherly “I better not see that” threat.
Chances are, the dbls and abls will be in some sort of mixed configuration, so none of us really know what sort of participation there might be with a mixed bls sort of setup.
Hopefully that happens, as I think it would be interesting to see some sort of mixed bls setup.

It wasn’t a threat. I’d probably just stop playing but the world will continue turning and others will keep playing without me. Just saying people who are voting to keep the DBL shouldn’t be hypocrites and reminding them to not regret it when they bring the maps back and find them empty like before.

(edited by synergy.5809)

BTW New Poll

in WvW

synergy.5809

where were they when the DBL’s were empty and EBG was full?

BTW New Poll

in WvW

Teon.5168

EBG will always have queues, it’s the map pugs go to first to find action. Guilds go there to get fights around smc.

Alpines almost never have a queue over EBG (unless something special was happening like a major gvg or an attacking side is trying to hold a T3 keep), so why would you expect that for the desert bl?

haven’t had to wait more than 5 minutes on reset in EB since alpine came back on GoM. And when the commander / guilds decide to head to another BL there’s more than enough room on EB while the alpine BL’s have queues. I like the way it is now and dont want it to ever go back to the times when there’s 50+ queue for EB cause no one wants to play the DBL.

LOL. And what if you do see that? I, for one, will be waiting with anticipation to see what sort of dire consequences you have in mind with your motherly “I better not see that” threat.
Chances are, the dbls and abls will be in some sort of mixed configuration, so none of us really know what sort of participation there might be with a mixed bls sort of setup.
Hopefully that happens, as I think it would be interesting to see some sort of mixed bls setup.

It wasn’t a threat. I’d probably just stop playing but the world will continue turning and others will keep playing without me. Just saying people who are voting to keep the DBL shouldn’t be hypocrites and reminding them to not regret it when they bring the maps back and find them empty like before.

Funny, I had an account on T2, and I never remember 50+ queues in EB when dbls were around, except for reset nights.

Now, I do remember larger than 50+ queues on EB on reset night when they linked servers and brought back abls.

Using your logic, that must mean that everyone hated abls.

Forum discussions -
-Zenleto-

BTW New Poll

in WvW

DeWolfe.2174

I always thought the art in this game was one of its high points. I certainly wouldn’t call the art too dour for mainstream.

I’ve been trying to promote a lighter and more fantasy design in the game since launch. Here’s a question, if a Desert theme is whats mainstream, why aren’t we all living there? If just as a design theme alone, why aren’t our homes decorated and our properties landscaped to look like a desert? It’s not because it’s not a desirable theme. I’ll make a movie analogy that GW2 art is as dour as BvS was as a movie. For recent games, look at the cinematic trailers for Overwatch, especially the one with Winston.

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

BTW New Poll

in WvW

synergy.5809

Funny, I had an account on T2, and I never remember 50+ queues in EB when dbls were around, except for reset nights.

Now, I do remember larger than 50+ queues on EB on reset night when they linked servers and brought back abls.

yeah no queues on ABL but at least it’s not empty and at least if you ran in there you don’t spend hours running around not seeing anyone.

BTW New Poll

in WvW

Teon.5168

yeah no queues on ABL but at least it’s not empty and at least if you ran in there you don’t spend hours running around not seeing anyone.

I didn’t when I was on dbls. Had some great dbl large battles in the center areas with my T2 account.

Forum discussions -
-Zenleto-

BTW New Poll

in WvW

Loosmaster.8263

where were they when the DBL’s were empty and EBG was full?

On here begging for communication, lol.

Tacktical Killers [TK]
PM me here or ING.

BTW New Poll

in WvW

TorquedSoul.8097

People who are fine with other areas of the game can just go play those. It doesn’t really matter to them what kind of map was put into WvW if they only pop in on occasion.

If you’re trying to defend the DBL as a good map for WvW’ers then I don’t think you’ve been paying attention since the launch of HoT. It had and still has major problems.

Yes the activity spiked with the changes. Change brings back people. Different people liked different aspects of the changes. Reward tracks, world linking and ABL.

I’m pretty sure you know your statement about the ABL being the reason the spike died is ridiculous.

By my measure of activity (kills + capture volume), activity started decreasing after ABL was reintroduced. What measure of activity are you using?

BTW New Poll

in WvW

Teon.5168

Thank you for your compassion, I am sorry too. And I agree — the majority of people don’t agree with me, according to the poll.

At least you got that part right.

Forum discussions -
-Zenleto-

BTW New Poll

in WvW

Posted by: shrek.1046

shrek.1046

By my measure of activity (kills + capture volume), activity started decreasing after ABL was reintroduced. What measure of activity are you using?

Have you posted that analysis? I would be interested in seeing the results.

BTW New Poll

in WvW

Posted by: Sweet Sanity.8593

Sweet Sanity.8593

Lol noob, if you think making fun of forum posters will get you anywhere you are sadly mistaken. If reasonable arguements that differ from your own make you angry you should redirect that salt to the battlefield, because clearly it is not productive anywhere else

BTW New Poll

in WvW

Teon.5168

Lol noob, if you think making fun of forum posters will get you anywhere you are sadly mistaken. If reasonable arguements that differ from your own make you angry you should redirect that salt to the battlefield, because clearly it is not productive anywhere else

That’s ok. I’m a much older game player, and I have a thick skin.

At this point in life, it is all just entertaining to me to see some people get so bent out of shape over a simple video game. I remember doing the same 20+ years ago when I was much younger, too.

Forum discussions -
-Zenleto-

(edited by Teon.5168)

BTW New Poll

in WvW

Posted by: OriOri.8724

OriOri.8724

What? Silenced? You were the group silencing the majority. At some point you guys will have to grow up and realize that you are in the minority, and the poll is now proof of that.

A – Playing WvW doesn’t mean you know how to make a good WvW map. Likewise playing PvE doesn’t mean you don’t know how to make a good WvW map. That is some of the most absurd logic in this thread.

B – Whether or not you think a map is “good” has nothing to do with how other people see it. What matters is that people are having fun on the map, and a lot of people enjoyed DBL, and a lot of people still don’t enjoy ABL.

C – As others have pointed out this resurgence was in fact not due to ABL returning as it happened with the April update, which came a full 2 weeks before ABL were returned to rotation. The WvW population has been dropping ever since.

You can hate the DBL as much as you want. But you absolutely cannot speak for the community, and the community has said that they want the DBL to stay. Go nurse your wounded pride in a corner if you have to, but stop pretending like you are some superior player who is being oppressed because you don’t like a map that actually requires you to change how you play

BTW New Poll

in WvW

Posted by: TheGrimm.5624

TheGrimm.5624

What? Silenced? You were the group silencing the majority. At some point you guys will have to grow up and realize that you are in the minority, and the poll is now proof of that.

A – Playing WvW doesn’t mean you know how to make a good WvW map. Likewise playing PvE doesn’t mean you don’t know how to make a good WvW map. That is some of the most absurd logic in this thread.

B – Whether or not you think a map is “good” has nothing to do with how other people see it. What matters is that people are having fun on the map, and a lot of people enjoyed DBL, and a lot of people still don’t enjoy ABL.

C – As others have pointed out this resurgence was in fact not due to ABL returning as it happened with the April update, which came a full 2 weeks before ABL were returned to rotation. The WvW population has been dropping ever since.

You can hate the DBL as much as you want. But you absolutely cannot speak for the community, and the community has said that they want the DBL to stay. Go nurse your wounded pride in a corner if you have to, but stop pretending like you are some superior player who is being oppressed because you don’t like a map that actually requires you to change how you play

Agree. In T3 we saw a surge after the WvW update before ABL. The number of maps being queued actually dropped after ABL came out, be that for whatever reason, but we went from 2-3 maps queued to 1. EBG being the consistent one queued.

GW/PoTBS/WAR/Rift/WAR/GW2/CU

De Mortuis Nil Nisi Bonum.

BTW New Poll

in WvW

Posted by: Dagger.2035

Dagger.2035

I don’t think this poll reflects people’s preference between ABL and DBL. If I were given a choice on which borderland to play I would pick ABL every time. Yet I still voted to keep DBL.

I feel like the last update to DBL made the map playable. The waypoints were no longer locked and the barricades around the towers were removed. I also like the idea of eventually having a map rotation in WvW.

That said I hope that future maps will use ABL as a template. I don’t go into WvW to look at the scenery, get knocked around by turrets/rock walls, or fight lords with new boss mechanics.

Human Thief [DOA]
Sorrows Furnace