Badwrongfun in EotM

Badwrongfun in EotM

in WvW

Posted by: Hamster.4861

Hamster.4861

Ktrain enthusiasts Beware! Your kitten is creating an organized hive mind to stop the Ktrains.

Badwrongfun in EotM

in WvW

Posted by: DeadlySynz.3471

DeadlySynz.3471

One could argue removing siege from EoTM would work, because when generally asked, WvW players don’t like siege in WvW. If the WvW players (derailers) got their wish and siege was removed from WvW, I suppose they couldn’t troll in EotM.

Win win situation? I personally like siege; however, I don’t have much difficulty killing off the group of players trying to derail a karma train.

Badwrongfun in EotM

in WvW

Posted by: ASP.8093

ASP.8093

The thing that makes EOTM tolerable is that it’s not just a Frostgorge train. Every once in a while you get to do some actual PvP in the middle of grinding WXP and champ bags. (It’s kinda shameful how EOTM builds up WXP faster than most actual WvW play does, but that’s how it is :/ )

If somebody’s bunkered down in a tower or keep, it’s not that hard to build a couple of catapults or (god forbid!) a ballista instead of the usual rams. Worst case you can always go somewhere else. Seriously: it’s a pretty big map.

I firmly believe that the most fun EOTM commanders are the ones who ktrain all over and then strategically port back to home every time the enemy is about to take it. That bagfest/bloodbath keeps you from falling asleep.

Nemain The Eyeless · [JOY] · Tarnished Coast · http://tcwvw.com

Badwrongfun in EotM

in WvW

Posted by: blakdoxa.7520

blakdoxa.7520

So, if anyone is actually interested, I decided what the heck, and created a guild for the sole purpose of playing EotM the RIGHT WAY, hehe…

I named it Badwrongfun, and gave the tag [Haha]

So, I’m not claiming to be some great leader or anything, so I’ll be up for advice. But in the meantime, if you are interested in joining for some EotM badwrongfun, send me an in game whisper and I’ll invite you

(and if we end up on different colors, well, we will have badwrongfun together anyway

Totally behind this!

Devona’s Rest

Badwrongfun in EotM

in WvW

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

The thing that makes EOTM tolerable is that it’s not just a Frostgorge train. Every once in a while you get to do some actual PvP in the middle of grinding WXP and champ bags. (It’s kinda shameful how EOTM builds up WXP faster than most actual WvW play does, but that’s how it is :/ )

If somebody’s bunkered down in a tower or keep, it’s not that hard to build a couple of catapults or (god forbid!) a ballista instead of the usual rams. Worst case you can always go somewhere else. Seriously: it’s a pretty big map.

I firmly believe that the most fun EOTM commanders are the ones who ktrain all over and then strategically port back to home every time the enemy is about to take it. That bagfest/bloodbath keeps you from falling asleep.

This is exactly what I do. The Commanders I most enjoy following in EotM are the ones who do this precise strategy. Go out and capture poorly or undefended targets, but if the enemy comes calling at our Keep, we head back and defend it.

Badwrongfun in EotM

in WvW

Posted by: SobZney.1739

SobZney.1739

I love the people who karma train in Edge.

kitten do they drop many bags.

Badwrongfun in EotM

in WvW

Posted by: Lightsbane.9012

Lightsbane.9012

Knocking out bridges can be done with the Scorp’s Wanze. Nothing wrong with that at all. What I’m talking about is full scale defense sieging with sup’s, as if it’s a home bl Garri. Last week I came across a keep with door treb’s, cata’s, and 8+ sup AC’s controlled by some with full AC mastery. That’s way too much pressure for up level stats to handle.

Now, I’m not going to say I’ve never been a part of or led a defense/bag farming session in EotM. The big difference is knowing your limits as a player. You do this by thinking about the experience other players are having across of the entire layer. When you do you’ll realize sure you can defend a little for some laugh’s. Afterwards, you then go with the flow again. Otherwise, if you don’t, you are surely seeking to grieve the majority of players on the layer. In that scenario, you earned any level of negativity reflected back to you. Also any level of bad karma in the real world too.

i lol’d
there are just as many tears rolling down my cheek after golfing an uplevel off a cliff. it’s like the concept that eotm was meant to be something you queue up for when the real fight had a line is totally lost on the eotm crowd. going into a wvw map and complaining about being killed by anything is nothing short of laughable.(unless it’s a hambow. then you are justified to complain)
and this is why there are ‘griefers’ some of them, like myself, are vastly experienced in wvw and are a little bored of it, yet do not(rightfully so) find the pve engaging in the slightest. so i go out of my way to zerg chase, and much hilarity ensues. whether i live in a crowd of 30 enemies for 5 minutes or knock two of them into the pit of tartarus, obviously i’m doing it right.

As quick as the Valkyries ride,
As true as Odin’s spear flies,
There is nowhere to hide.

(edited by Lightsbane.9012)

Badwrongfun in EotM

in WvW

Posted by: SFShinigami.2015

SFShinigami.2015

The way to fix it is to find something that makes “winning” in eotm actually mean something to the point that people want to win and get their cap loot/karma/etc over simply karma training. Perhaps tie gold and karma rewards to how many structures you have. If you hold your third of the map, you get loot + 1/3, if you hold half, another server holds half, you each get loot + 1/2 and the third server with nothing gets base loot. I don’t know if that would be enough, but I think it demonstrates what would be needed to properly counter defaulting to karma train over competitiveness.

Jigglenaut/Numa Rar/Jakuho Raikoben/Tenel Ka Djo/Kurotsuchi Taichou [SF]/[LOVE]
All Hail CuddleStrike! Undisputed Empress of Tier 1!
Controlled by CuddleStrike!

Badwrongfun in EotM

in WvW

Posted by: McWolfy.5924

McWolfy.5924

Eotm is a game mode. Its a Karma and champ bag farm. Its not problem. The problem is with the too much badge and wxp. There is no reason to play normal wvw. There is no reward no unique skins, unique titles, no massive reward (ok, 10 times more as the begining, but stil 1/5 of normal pve and 1/20 of living story) no achi points etc… I play wvw since the T -3 day and i love it but i want everybody to know what i do.

WSR→Piken→Deso→Piken→FSP→Deso
Just the WvW
R3200+

Badwrongfun in EotM

in WvW

Posted by: Junkpile.7439

Junkpile.7439

I can bring my guild into EoTM to annihilate the Ktrains, We think it’s fun.

Since your guild gets wiped in EB and BL’s on a regular basis you need somewhere you can boost guild morale. Killing uplevels in EoTM with an organised guild group requires a low skill level, this is what EoTM should be for, guilds that can’t handle regular WvW.

You mean guilds who don’t have 30 lame players who are willing to use lame specs and tactics.

Low quality trolling since launch
Seafarer’s Rest EotM grinch

(edited by Junkpile.7439)

Badwrongfun in EotM

in WvW

Posted by: Hvaran.6327

Hvaran.6327

Aw man I wish I could find a time when people are actually fighting in EOTM. That would be great. I had high hopes when it first was announced but then…

Maybe we should designate a particular match at a particular time to be a real match. Where people could come and actually fight. Maybe do it a few times a week.

Would need some guilds to organize it though.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/community/events/Guilds-of-the-Mist-event-EU-Guilds/page/2#post4134117

wake up and check op on it!

Handarand – Handacooon – Handa Panda – Handa Genie

Badwrongfun in EotM

in WvW

Posted by: Morfedel.4165

Morfedel.4165

This is exactly what I do. The Commanders I most enjoy following in EotM are the ones who do this precise strategy. Go out and capture poorly or undefended targets, but if the enemy comes calling at our Keep, we head back and defend it.

Wish I saw more of them myself.

Badwrongfun in EotM

in WvW

Posted by: Morfedel.4165

Morfedel.4165

Anyway, so I did create Badwrongfun [haha], just for the purpose of playing EotM the “wrong” way. No reqs, be in any other guild you want, etc, this is just when we want to EotM and play it the way the devs intended it.

I have a whole whopping 3 or so members so far, lol, anyone else interested? Mail me in game!

Badwrongfun in EotM

in WvW

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

I have made it a mission to derail the enemy karma trains as often as possible. I will set my group of 10-12 at bridges or blind corners and wreck the karma trains. Hopefully if enough people start doing this eotm will become more PvP oriented. If not no loss for me and my group as the bags just rain down.

You can derail own karma train too. It’s fun drop 15 arrow cart build sites in gate and karma train commander will rage like mad man.

so true, when i started to see what peeps are doing in eotm, i laugh so hard when 1 defender where killing everyone with an superior AC, every one on my side raged “why the kitten theres a defender, that guy need to l2p”.

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

Badwrongfun in EotM

in WvW

Hamster.4861

Since your guild gets wiped in EB and BL’s on a regular basis you need somewhere you can boost guild morale. Killing uplevels in EoTM with an organised guild group requires a low skill level, this is what EoTM should be for, guilds that can’t handle regular WvW.

You mean guilds who don’t have 30 lame players who are willing to use lame specs and tactics.

Calling guilds and players that play well lame wont easy your pain of getting wiped by them.
But that is what EoTM should be, a sort of training ground for guilds and players that can’t thrive in regular WvW or want to use ‘I play how I want’ builds/team composition. The easy victory against unorganised groups and uplevels is perfect for those who don’t like a hard fought battle.

It IS fun to wipe an uplevel zerg with 1/4 of their numbers. If they were paying kitten attention for 10 seconds they would kill us too. They would just need to focus their damage on us and we’d die almost instantly. It’s happened in the past when the uplevel zergs were actually ready for us.

Sometimes, when you’ve got 10 players online, you can’t make a huge dent in WvW proper, so you get everyone into EOTM where you can still practice your stuff, while still getting out zerged 3 or 4-1.

Badwrongfun in EotM

in WvW

Posted by: Dave.2536

Dave.2536

Calling guilds and players that play well lame wont easy your pain of getting wiped by them.
But that is what EoTM should be, a sort of training ground for guilds and players that can’t thrive in regular WvW or want to use ‘I play how I want’ builds/team composition. The easy victory against unorganised groups and uplevels is perfect for those who don’t like a hard fought battle.

It IS fun to wipe an uplevel zerg with 1/4 of their numbers. If they were paying kitten attention for 10 seconds they would kill us too. They would just need to focus their damage on us and we’d die almost instantly. It’s happened in the past when the uplevel zergs were actually ready for us.

Sometimes, when you’ve got 10 players online, you can’t make a huge dent in WvW proper, so you get everyone into EOTM where you can still practice your stuff, while still getting out zerged 3 or 4-1.

Did you seriously just say killing EotM ktrains is challenging? lololololololololol

Find mispositioned uplevels, down uplevels, AoE uplevels, get back up from rallybots, fall back, repeat

Very difficulty much skill

Content in this game will always seem
to be faceroll at the high levels, because it
needs to be accessible to the casuals and bads.

Badwrongfun in EotM

in WvW

Posted by: fishball.7204

fishball.7204

I have to agree it IS pretty funny to kill self-entitled PvE whiners :P

I don’t see it as skillful at all though, it’s funny as hell yes.

FOR THE GREEEEEEEEEEEEN

Badwrongfun in EotM

in WvW

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

self-entitled PvE whiners

As opposed to the ‘self-entitled wvw whiners’ that are present in said thread?

Goes both ways here people….

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

Badwrongfun in EotM

in WvW

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

Did you seriously just say killing EotM ktrains is challenging? lololololololololol

Find mispositioned uplevels, down uplevels, AoE uplevels, get back up from rallybots, fall back, repeat

He never said its challenging, he said its good training and i agree. For new, small wvw guilds its actually nice to train your movement, commands etc in there. The fact that you win most of the time and get lots of loot is more fun than being wiped by a 30+ hardcore wvw guild all the time.

I dont think anybody posted here and boasted how good his guild is in wiping upleveled karma trainers. Everybody knows its easy. And its fun.
These days, i dont see any innovative siege placement or group compositions in regular anymore. EotM is just a change of pace and something new to explore.

Next time im in there, i gonna try to get a warrior raid going and wipe the enemy karma train by jumping down on them when they are close to an edge with Death from Above traited.

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

Badwrongfun in EotM

in WvW

Posted by: Jeknar.6184

Jeknar.6184

When your server is the same colour of ET gimme a shout. I like to farm some bags…

Except when I want to K-train for some money. But I won’t rage if you want to defend either because, after all, it’s part of the game.

Kawagima / Kelvena Riverstream / Calamis Fatima / Hanna Flintlocke
WvW Rank 3800 (Platinum Veteran) – PvP Rank 69 (Shark) – 25,9k Achievment Points
Mërcenaries [Sold] – Ferguson’s Crossing

Badwrongfun in EotM

in WvW

Posted by: BooHud.2681

BooHud.2681

total topcheck

Badwrongfun in EotM

in WvW

Posted by: Dave.2536

Dave.2536

He never said its challenging, he said its good training and i agree. For new, small wvw guilds its actually nice to train your movement, commands etc in there. The fact that you win most of the time and get lots of loot is more fun than being wiped by a 30+ hardcore wvw guild all the time.

I dont think anybody posted here and boasted how good his guild is in wiping upleveled karma trainers. Everybody knows its easy. And its fun.
These days, i dont see any innovative siege placement or group compositions in regular anymore. EotM is just a change of pace and something new to explore.

Next time im in there, i gonna try to get a warrior raid going and wipe the enemy karma train by jumping down on them when they are close to an edge with Death from Above traited.

I’m sure it looks like good training on the surface but I can only lol to myself when thinking about it further.

In EotM you’re farming a group of rallybot uplevels wearing crappy gear (if not naked), few traits, little knowledge of the class, and non-synergistic class composition. Sure they can down you, but you’ll never die so long as there’s another rallybot, and EotM ktrains never run out of them. Above all, they generally have no desire nor readiness to fight.

Little to none of this will transfer over to “real WvW” with the “30+ hardcore wvw guild” you spoke of that knows what it’s doing and wants to fight. At this point he is basically the Borderlands equivalent of the crying EotM ktrainer whose run got spoiled by someone more organized. Practice, no. Escape, more like it.

As far as the challenging bit, I specifically picked on him and him alone because of his emphasis on “getting out zerged 3 or 4-1”. The others in this thread, you included, have been far more honest about your motives for fighting and defending in EotM.

Content in this game will always seem
to be faceroll at the high levels, because it
needs to be accessible to the casuals and bads.

(edited by Dave.2536)

Badwrongfun in EotM

in WvW

Hamster.4861

Look, reading is still a valuable skill! erhmagherd!

although Dave is right, almost nothing in EotM transfers over except for the zerging practice. At the end of the day you make your own fun. Would i be able to take less than 15 people and make it work against coverage and a slightly stacked server trying to move up into gold leauge? possibly. is it more fun to go crush a K train of uplevels? yes.

I dont think i was unclear about what I want to do when I’m in EOTM. it’s kill K trains. We only go farming in EoTM once a week on our troll build tuesdays. so, your assertion “escaping” from a blowout matchup, would be false. It’s okay thought, you’re far removed from the context of our situation. But if you want you can read all about it here: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/wuv/wuv/This-is-not-very-fun/page/2#post4133419

I will admit, my guild is a bit small right this second to tango with a tagged zerg in T3, but we make it work

Badwrongfun in EotM

in WvW

Posted by: RlyOsim.2497

RlyOsim.2497

real wvw players log their 80 into eotm and use superior siege to kill upleveleds said no actual wvw player ever.

The Ghost of Christmas Past

Badwrongfun in EotM

in WvW

Posted by: ASP.8093

ASP.8093

almost nothing in EotM transfers over except for the zerging practice.

EotM is actually pretty bad zerg practice.

• EotM zerglings don’t actually learn coordination. You’re not doing hammer train or calling fields or even focusing fire very much. It’s a lot like zerg wars worked when the game was new: lots of 1200-range poking at each other. When’s the last time you’ve seen an EotM zerg actually push through? (That wasn’t, like, a guild group on their day off.)
  • EotM zerglings don’t manage orange swords. Everyone just attacks the door because there’s no reason not to.
  • EotM zerglings seldom deal with people seriously contesting the cap point. I haven’t done that much EotM myself but I’ve personally never seen someone banner a lord, for example.
  • EotM commanders don’t send people to check for traps or top tap structures. Because these things aren’t relevant in EotM the way it’s played right now.
Nemain The Eyeless · [JOY] · Tarnished Coast · http://tcwvw.com

Badwrongfun in EotM

in WvW

Posted by: Doug.4930

Doug.4930

A video on a slow WvW night where 2 guildies 1 pug, an arrow cart and myself decided to derail a EOTM karma train blob. Was a good laugh.

Doug The Unseen Of Homefront Defenders [HD]

Jade Quarry’s dedicated Roaming/Havoc Squad Guild

Badwrongfun in EotM

in WvW

Hamster.4861

almost nothing in EotM transfers over except for the zerging practice.

EotM is actually pretty bad zerg practice.

• EotM zerglings don’t actually learn coordination. You’re not doing hammer train or calling fields or even focusing fire very much. It’s a lot like zerg wars worked when the game was new: lots of 1200-range poking at each other. When’s the last time you’ve seen an EotM zerg actually push through? (That wasn’t, like, a guild group on their day off.)
  • EotM zerglings don’t manage orange swords. Everyone just attacks the door because there’s no reason not to.
  • EotM zerglings seldom deal with people seriously contesting the cap point. I haven’t done that much EotM myself but I’ve personally never seen someone banner a lord, for example.
  • EotM commanders don’t send people to check for traps or top tap structures. Because these things aren’t relevant in EotM the way it’s played right now.

Lol. we dont lead the map silly. we go as a guild and stomp the ktrains for ALL the reasons that you just listed. We can and do practice managing conditions and moving through all the same fields together.

Badwrongfun in EotM

in WvW

Posted by: Zepher.7803

Zepher.7803

so people actually believe they spent over 1 year designing this map so that players could PvD ? tsk tsk tsk that’s rationalizing at it’s worse hehe

anyways I think the whole point of this post is that People need to let everyone play the game the way they want to, and don’t try to impose your thoughts onto other people.

and let’s all thank the Developers who put in the 1000’s of hours of work to make this beautiful map. it is a masterpiece after all.

THANK YOU EotM Devs

Sincerly, Me.

Badwrongfun in EotM

in WvW

Posted by: Jeknar.6184

Jeknar.6184

so people actually believe they spent over 1 year designing this map so that players could PvD ? tsk tsk tsk that’s rationalizing at it’s worse hehe

anyways I think the whole point of this post is that People need to let everyone play the game the way they want to, and don’t try to impose your thoughts onto other people.

and let’s all thank the Developers who put in the 1000’s of hours of work to make this beautiful map. it is a masterpiece after all.

THANK YOU EotM Devs

The players killed EotM, not the devs… The map have a lot of potential, but it was all wasted by the greed of players. Anyone that belive otherwise is making him/herself a fool.

Kawagima / Kelvena Riverstream / Calamis Fatima / Hanna Flintlocke
WvW Rank 3800 (Platinum Veteran) – PvP Rank 69 (Shark) – 25,9k Achievment Points
Mërcenaries [Sold] – Ferguson’s Crossing

Badwrongfun in EotM

in WvW

Posted by: neonreaper.4805

neonreaper.4805

The only thing with real incentives in EotM is ktrain (and trolling ktrains). Why go to EotM instead of BLs? Think about the overall WvW setup/scoring/etc.

[BE] Pumpkin / Rhinox3 / Reyn Time / Pale
Fort Aspenwood

Badwrongfun in EotM

in WvW

Junkpile.7439

We need some commander ignore list in EotM. If i put some commander in ignore list game never send me map where he is tagged. That would be awesome.

Badwrongfun in EotM

in WvW

Posted by: Taygus.4571

Taygus.4571

So, if anyone is actually interested, I decided what the heck, and created a guild for the sole purpose of playing EotM the RIGHT WAY, hehe…

I named it Badwrongfun, and gave the tag [Haha]

So, I’m not claiming to be some great leader or anything, so I’ll be up for advice. But in the meantime, if you are interested in joining for some EotM badwrongfun, send me an in game whisper and I’ll invite you

(and if we end up on different colors, well, we will have badwrongfun together anyway

So a temp/no rep guild for eotm? I like!. I don’t do much WvW, but this sounds like fun, I’d love to try it out. ^^.

Badwrongfun in EotM

in WvW

Posted by: Raap.9065

Raap.9065

Eotm is a game mode. Its a Karma and champ bag farm. Its not problem. The problem is with the too much badge and wxp. There is no reason to play normal wvw.

Exactly. The rewards in EotM are too great, too much of everything.

I’d be perfectly ok with EotM being a place for levelling alts, grinding champion bags, karma, and a little bit of WXP. It gives alts an alternative place to play outside of pure PvE zones, while not ’ruining’ real WvW by being a useless free rally source.

The real problem is that real WvW gives little WXP and badges when compared to EotM. So the solution here is simple: Nerf WXP and badges from EotM, and dramatically increase WXP and badges in real WvW, I’d say more than double the current numbers.

Here is my personal situation: I used to play WvW pre-WXP a lot. I recently started playing GW2 again and found myself far behind on WvW progression. In order to catch up, I’m effectively being told to farm EotM because it is significantly more efficient for WXP gain. So I grind EotM, but unfortunately, I really do not like EotM because it isn’t real WvW, but PvE with a little zerg vs. zerg thrown in between every few champions.

It’s not a terrible map to play, I’d level an alt there if I cared to do that, but I find it lacking and unexciting compared to the real deal where your server is more important and you get to know the players you play with.

I hope ArenaNet is listening and can dedicate an hour to apply some numbers tweaks to WXP and badges, that shouldn’t take too long. Of course, I do hope that more actual content is also coming...

Swift Mending – Guardian
Thorny Scrub – Thief
Desolation

(edited by Raap.9065)

Badwrongfun in EotM

in WvW

Posted by: Tommyknocker.6089

Tommyknocker.6089

The way I see it EotM is just Queensdale train Pt2 with the added bonus of being able to kill players while running it. No harm no foul, IMO If you wanna try to karma train here then don’t QQ if your mob is annihilated by my mob.

Good source of the linen I have been getting lately and thanks to derailing your train I almost have all my ascended armor now.

Badwrongfun in EotM

in WvW

Posted by: atheria.2837

atheria.2837

Aw man I wish I could find a time when people are actually fighting in EOTM. That would be great. I had high hopes when it first was announced but then…

Maybe we should designate a particular match at a particular time to be a real match. Where people could come and actually fight. Maybe do it a few times a week.

Would need some guilds to organize it though.

GMT -7 There were plenty of people on. I can’t imagine a place where EOTM is empty on any side.

Not keeping all IT jobs here is a major reason IT is so bad HERE. 33y IT 10y IT Security

Badwrongfun in EotM

in WvW

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

Make a PKtrain hunting karma trains, pve’s farm mobs, pvx players(as pvp and wvw players) fram pve players!

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

Badwrongfun in EotM

in WvW

Posted by: fFamous.8720

fFamous.8720

Make a PKtrain hunting karma trains, pve’s farm mobs, pvx players(as pvp and wvw players) fram pve players!

Once a couple of times wiped this karma train, they leave eotm, or go other mirror xDD

Useless “www” map.

Badwrongfun in EotM

in WvW

Posted by: met.9653

met.9653

Sadly but eotm got nothing for wvw players. Only thing you can do is port zerg, get supplies and get back to normal wvw. This pvd karma train map is biggest wvw developers fail so far…

Badwrongfun in EotM

in WvW

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

Sadly but eotm got nothing for wvw players. Only thing you can do is port zerg, get supplies and get back to normal wvw. This pvd karma train map is biggest wvw developers fail so far…

I wouldn’t necessarily say that. Starting with WvW season 1, there has been constant kittening about “pvers taking up space” in wvw and/or ruining the mode. Now they have been persuaded to be shuffled elsewhere…. and you’re still kittening. What would you like them to do? Maybe they should just scrap the whole mode instead…..

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

Badwrongfun in EotM

in WvW

Posted by: mrmadhaze.8706

mrmadhaze.8706

more than a game mode is a waste of map.
Very good design just for farm, aka for nothing..
It’s a waste.
Turn it in a real wvw map deleting the farming crap would be great but pity this is a pve game..

The players killed EotM, not the devs… The map have a lot of potential, but it was all wasted by the greed of players. Anyone that belive otherwise is making him/herself a fool.

im not saying you are wrong becouse it’s true, it’s the player’s attitude.. but after kittentons of threads about how bad is karma train, defending and claiming systems need some little fixes, commander need to be reworked a bit etc etc etc… well at this point gotta be honest and say that devs have their fault, becouse the crappy mechanic is still the same..
Building a new beautiful map with the same old wrong mechanic and not pointing devs is like let the honey jar open on the table.
Stupid flies you say, but who let the jar open?

Badwrongfun in EotM

in WvW

Posted by: Elithion.3761

Elithion.3761

The problem is that once a majority of the playerbase sees EoTM as a place to farm champ bags and get quick exp, it is hard to get them out of that mindset. Sure you can attempt to derail the Ktrains and defend but that would then force the Ktrain enemy players to leave instead of fight back because their mindset is focused on the made-up fact that EoTM is a ktrain. When they leave, your side’s personal Ktrain is now capping all other points. Once they attain all those points and no enemy is flipping them (because they left) your ktrain is now sitting in the water also not gaining anything and now you cannot farm bags either. (Yes you could farm bags in other overflows but what happens when people eventually catch on and just give up getting into EoTM? Say “bye” to those bags and while you’re at it, say “bye” to the players who could have potentially gotten into WvW once hitting 80 and turning into potentially useful allies/challenging and fun opponents.)

Currently with how EBG and WvWBLs are, if you aren’t a full level 80 with at least exotic gear, weapons, and ascended accessories, you are useless and just a rally bot. So how do players get to level 80? Can’t farm the Queens train anymore because ANet proved they were better at derailing trains. Doing PvE events and personal story is slow and gives horrible EXP. The next best thing to get to level 80 and actually participate in WvW and fill in the slots of players who left WvW is to run the EoTM Ktrain.

You could say that leveling should be done the right way through PvE events and Personal Story. But in today’s world, people only want instant gratification with the least amount of work. You could say “that isn’t my problem” and truly it isn’t. But when that happens and the EoTM gets nerfed to the ground or no one runs in there to get quick levels anymore, people with “Instant Gratification” in mind will only leave the game, lessening your player experience and your chance to “farm bags” as you say. The game’s slow bleed of players would only quicken. You could find another game as that is the most logical thing to do, but then again, what other game actually offers a decent blend of all game modes? ESO? Wildstar? Good luck.

ANet may have made EoTM to be a WvW map but the community turned it into something else. I fully agree that EoTM would be a really fun map if played as it should be and I am one of those people who enjoyed farming bags from enemy Ktrains but I noticed after wiping their Ktrain once or twice, they avoid the tower/keep that I am defending altogether. And this is because of their mindset that EoTM is a Ktrain/EXPtrain. With Queensdale gone, players who want to level quickly have no place left to go to level quickly. So sadly EoTM will remain the way most players make it to be until we players, that play it how it was meant to be, end up pushing players out of the game completely. It’s best to defend once or twice to get your good ol bags then just join the Ktrain for a while before doing it again. May I recommend farming enemy Ktrain bags once or twice every hour? Works for me everytime!

Badwrongfun in EotM

in WvW

Posted by: Altezza.7321

Altezza.7321

One could argue removing siege from EoTM would work, because when generally asked, WvW players don’t like siege in WvW. If the WvW players (derailers) got their wish and siege was removed from WvW, I suppose they couldn’t troll in EotM.

Win win situation? I personally like siege; however, I don’t have much difficulty killing off the group of players trying to derail a karma train.

Just remove arrow carts, you’ll ruin 90% of zergs.

Badwrongfun in EotM

in WvW

Posted by: SpellOfIniquity.1780

SpellOfIniquity.1780

Don’t go to EOTM. Problem solved.

I do not understand the logic of people like yourself… If you don’t like how these people behave why subject yourself to it? They enjoy what they’re doing so let them do it. I by no means support a hostile environment but the only time these people behave in such a way is when others are trying to tell them what they’re doing is “wrong.” EOTM keeps the PvE’rs out of the real WvW, the real WvW’rs are happy and the EOTM’rs are happy… Everyone’s happy… Then you get those people who go to EOTM so they can tell these people they should defend and they should stop karmatraining like they have some kind of authority to do so.
Don’t go to EOTM if it bothers you and leave it alone.

Necromancer, Ranger, Warrior, Engineer
Champion: Phantom, Hunter, Legionnaire, Genius
WvW rank: Diamond Colonel | Maguuma

Badwrongfun in EotM

in WvW

Posted by: Enokitake.1742

Enokitake.1742

Full disclosure: Last week I finished maxing guardian defense through normal WvW, and since i hate zerg pvp, it took just as long as you’d expect it to. This week I took friend’s advice and popped a birthday booster and i’m now 1 level off of maxing guard killer. Never touched EoTM before this week (and don’t plan on going back unless I REALLY need Wexp for something in the future)…

They need to slice the rewards you get for EoTM in half, or remove half the EoTM objectives from the map, or raise the normal WvW rewards. EoTM = Low risk super high reward compared to normal wvw for 0 reason.

And like the other posters, lol @ anyone saying they EoTM for “competition” or “pvp”. The commanders are (mostly) horrible, the zergs aren’t even semi-organized, the skill levels are minimal, and the map layout is a giant skyhammer. EoTM is good for trolling uplevels, practicing push/pull/launch/fearwalling (this part was fun), and zergfarming karma/wxp. That’s pretty much it.

(edited by Enokitake.1742)

Badwrongfun in EotM

in WvW

Posted by: VOLTCIEAGE.3029

VOLTCIEAGE.3029

Full disclosure: Last week I finished maxing guardian defense through normal WvW, and since i hate zerg pvp, it took just as long as you’d expect it to. This week I took friend’s advice and popped a birthday booster and i’m now 1 level off of maxing guard killer. Never touched EoTM before this week (and don’t plan on going back unless I REALLY need Wexp for something in the future)…

They need to slice the rewards you get for EoTM in half, or remove half the EoTM objectives from the map, or raise the normal WvW rewards. EoTM = Low risk super high reward compared to normal wvw for 0 reason.

And like the other posters, lol @ anyone saying they EoTM for “competition” or “pvp”. The commanders are (mostly) horrible, the zergs aren’t even semi-organized, the skill levels are minimal, and the map layout is a giant skyhammer. EoTM is good for trolling uplevels, practicing push/pull/launch/fearwalling (this part was fun), and zergfarming karma/wxp. That’s pretty much it.

I agree sometimes when iam bored of normal www i go cmd on eotm and it is horrible . People there are just idiots , you call stack and randoms are running with bows , no melee train ,you say follow ,they chase 1 enemy . And the worst thing is that after 1 h in eotm I have much more loot,wxp then in normal www with guild . it is just pathetic . And some people even whisper me to dont zerg fight but come back to karma train 0_0 pls ban this ppl from www .

Badwrongfun in EotM

in WvW

Junkpile.7439

I play EotM 2-5 hours/day and never even think to go normal www. Superior game mode is superior.

Badwrongfun in EotM

in WvW

Posted by: mrmadhaze.8706

mrmadhaze.8706

I play EotM 2-5 hours/day and never even think to go normal www. Superior game mode is superior.

how can be the brainless farm a superior game mode? o.O
roflmao, guess someone is right here i cannot pretend to much from gw2 players

Badwrongfun in EotM

in WvW

Posted by: SkyFallsInThunder.8257

SkyFallsInThunder.8257

I’m sure it looks like good training on the surface but I can only lol to myself when thinking about it further.

In EotM you’re farming a group of rallybot uplevels wearing crappy gear (if not naked), few traits, little knowledge of the class, and non-synergistic class composition. Sure they can down you, but you’ll never die so long as there’s another rallybot, and EotM ktrains never run out of them. Above all, they generally have no desire nor readiness to fight.

Little to none of this will transfer over to “real WvW” with the “30+ hardcore wvw guild” you spoke of that knows what it’s doing and wants to fight. At this point he is basically the Borderlands equivalent of the crying EotM ktrainer whose run got spoiled by someone more organized. Practice, no. Escape, more like it.

As far as the challenging bit, I specifically picked on him and him alone because of his emphasis on “getting out zerged 3 or 4-1”. The others in this thread, you included, have been far more honest about your motives for fighting and defending in EotM.

This. Very much this.

Badwrongfun in EotM

in WvW

Posted by: neonreaper.4805

neonreaper.4805

EotM combines servers and there isn’t necessarily much week-to-week stability. You can’t really work on a map-wide voice chat, which pretty much kills it for anyone who wants to actually be competitive in WvW. Also it is unreliable in terms of getting your group onto a map. You can’t blame the players for any of that. 2014 ANet has given us some cool stuff but not really the tools to properly enjoy it as a community.

[BE] Pumpkin / Rhinox3 / Reyn Time / Pale
Fort Aspenwood

Badwrongfun in EotM

in WvW

Posted by: Realist.5812

Realist.5812

WvW is for attacking/defending structures, and killing intelligent enemies.

PvE is for farming, and killing brain dead AI.

And you cannot argue otherwise.

As soon as you try to say WvW is not for killing players, your post is void.

As soon as you say EOTM was created for Queensdale 2.0, your post is void.

On topic:
This map needs to be disabled until they remove badges from the rewards and significantly reduce the rest of the rewards.

The map chat is even worse than Queensdale, and this map has not even served its original purpose, which was to alleviate queues (4 map queues no longer exist on ANY server) and to test new content (new content in WvW? Lol)

ALL IS VAIN.
PvP modes are the “endgame” in every MMO.
Stop failing at PvE, start fixing PvP/WvW. Thank you.

(edited by Realist.5812)