Changing WvW Match Reset Times

in WvW

Posted by: Screenager.7804

Screenager.7804

It is my opinion that I feel this is a reasonable compromise bearing in mind that the EU players have had to wait up until 2am (later for the russians) to play at reset at all before collapsing on the floor in a big sleepy mess.
With an entire working day behind you in the EU and cofffee flowing from your .. erm self its a hard slog every week.

Now while a queue or a wati to play for the evening isnt ideal its really not as unreasonable a situation as the EU guys have been facing from my point of view. I would gladly take a middle of the afternoon reset then queue and play all night than stay up until 2am.

A genuine question would be though that for the NA players that feel this isn’t the answer right now, would you be happy to shift to a 2am reset time?

Bear in mind anet cant split the times that’s off the table (at least for now i would guess) so it’s asked only to possibly suggest that before one complains about queueing or eating dinner or anything of that ilk, would you really be happy in the EU players shoes?

Also Devon thanks for confirming this I am truly glad we have a more realistic reset time ty

Screenager
Executed [ExE] – Piken Square
characterselect.net

in WvW

Posted by: Jedbacca.6297

Jedbacca.6297

I would like to see the poll that Anet conducted to their end users on how pleased they would be with said implemented change.

Minister Jed/Jedsus Saves GM of Strike Force[SF]
www.strikeforceguild.com – JQ SINCE 1836!
Guild of United Soviet Quarry www.jadequarry.com

in WvW

Posted by: Thrumdi.9216

Thrumdi.9216

This is terrible. 3pm PST on a Friday is a kick in the teeth for West Coast NA players. It will also make it impossible for our guild to get on and player together for reset. The 5pm start was just possible for us.

The obvious solution is to have different reset times for NA and EU servers. Any change should be postponed until this ability is added technically.

Thrumdi, Captain of The Tarnished Coastguard

The ultimate GW2 troll.

in WvW

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

I would like to see the poll that Anet conducted to their end users on how pleased they would be with said implemented change.

Well, people will never be pleased, no matter what they do.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in WvW

Posted by: Dafomen.7892

Dafomen.7892

At least ANET tried to solve the problem, tho its not perfect its a COMPROMISE!

Seems its a unkown word for many…

On the other hand…humanity shoots rockets in space, splits atoms and builds robots but ANET is unable to have seperate reset times for US and EU servers….

This won’t end well…

in WvW

Posted by: Karuna.1357

Karuna.1357

Many have mentioned this already, but this is going to be terribly inconvenient for the majority of NA players. This moves reset to a time that is still awkward at best for a lot of EU and impossible for any NA players who have work/school or other real life commitments.

Guild Leader/Commander, the Everlasting Sacred Path [ESP]
Tarnished Coast
http://www.espguild.com

in WvW

lordkrall.7241

Many have mentioned this already, but this is going to be terribly inconvenient for the majority of NA players. This moves reset to a time that is still awkward at best for a lot of EU and impossible for any NA players who have work/school or other real life commitments.

So being inconvenient for a “majority of NA players” is worse then it being inconvenient for the EU side since release?

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in WvW

Posted by: Ilesyt.7084

Ilesyt.7084

They should move the reset to 2 AM for NA, let’s see how much you will complain then -_-

Leader of Deus Ex Machina [DEX]
Ruins of Surmia

in WvW

Posted by: Stephen.9852

Stephen.9852

This is awful for us West Coasters, don’t do this.

Razethh [ONE] Leader – Sanctum of Rall
fightasone.enjin.com

in WvW

Posted by: xSwissroll.9820

xSwissroll.9820

for me reset is like at 8am… now it’s 6am … -__-

Swisspancake ~ Elementalist
[ZzZz]ZombieCoast
Toastie~

in WvW

Posted by: Saint Scarlet.2906

Saint Scarlet.2906

Can i ask NA players that are complaining….. Why now is it impossible to play with your guild? Why will you have to queue for hours before you get to play? If you’re trying to tell us the shift in time will suddenly cause an influx of population or something, i think you’re wrong. You already had the reset in primetime so you were already having to queue and couldn’t play with guildies(if thats what you’re trying to claim). Theres no real difference for you guys at all. except you(some of you not all) will now get home and be able to kick off a new matchup rather than play for 1-3hours before getting a new matchup. Whereas for EU players it means that well over 70% of the population will be able to take part in a reset without having to burn the candle at both ends.
Just think about it and have a little consideration for everyone. If this turns out to not work i’m sure if everyone complains enough Anet will change it again, just give it a chance before dismissing it out of hand.

Commander Oracle Of Glint
Executed [EXE]
Piken Square

(edited by Saint Scarlet.2906)

in WvW

Posted by: Shazirah.8350

Shazirah.8350

I realize that EU needs a better reset time, but you just shifted that problem over to SEA and NA West.

Splitting the reset times just makes so much more sense and would have been the proper solution to the awkward EU reset hour.

(Maestro at) Not Another Gaming Acronym [NAGA]:
Resident Keg Brawl Premier League Champions
… with some WvW breaks here and there.

in WvW

Posted by: covenn.7165

covenn.7165

Scarlet, you don’t understand. If you aren’t on at reset spamming when the zones open back up, you aren’t playing that evening period due to queues. This time change basically means that people with school, jobs, families, etc. in half the North America times zones will be completely unable to play on reset night.

The solution is to separate Euro and NA resets prior to making any changes. That away both groups can have reset times that work best for them.

in WvW

Posted by: elderan.2638

elderan.2638

So EU gets a better time but US west coast gets screwed. Please tell me how this is in any way a “fix” when it breaks as much as it helps.

in WvW

lordkrall.7241

So EU gets a better time but US west coast gets screwed. Please tell me how this is in any way a “fix” when it breaks as much as it helps.

So screwing over EU since release is completely okay, but as soon as the US is effected it is a no go?

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in WvW

Posted by: Great White Panda.8469

Great White Panda.8469

Why is this such a huge deal? I’m only on a mid-tier server, but I’ve never seen a wvw match decided in the two hours after reset. Most of the ones I’ve seen get decided around the middle of the week as one team slowly pulls ahead.

Catering to the west coast didn’t make much sense in the first place. The west coast is the latest region after which there is an 8 hour gap. Sorry, but it made no sense to cater to that in the first place. Catering to central time if NA only or East coast if NA/EU makes much more sense as far as compromise goes.

in WvW

covenn.7165

Also, why the heck are some of you Euro players trying to turn this into a “us” vs “them” issue with the NA players? Just because NA players are complaining about the change doesn’t mean they want you to continue being screwed by the reset times.

All of us should be directing our complaints to ANET instead of to each other.

It shouldn’t be that freaking hard to have separate reset times unless they literally have a monkey manually doing it every week and on’t want to wear him out. If that is the case, then they need to seriously reevaluate this process and work to improve it.

As it stands now, this change shifts the problem away from one group into the laps of another. It is a garbage solution for everyone.

in WvW

Posted by: Ghedoriah.4290

Ghedoriah.4290

First off, this is the best compromise you’re going to get right now. Whether or not they can separate it in the long-term, this is the best short-term solution. For those of you wondering why not Saturday, you also need to remember that reset isn’t a completely automated process. Someone has to be there and ANet are unlikely to want to pull in members of their WvW team on a Saturday just to get the reset done. Honestly, out of the options available, this is the best solution at this time.

I would also like to address the folks saying that it’s terrible for them as an NA player. For those of you who are concerned about not being on at reset – I wouldn’t worry. Plenty of people are going to be in the same boat and the fullest fighting will only start as NA gets into its primetime. For those of you who say that this will mean that you cannot play WvW at reset because queues will now prevent you from getting on… that’s kinda your own fault. ANet gave you months to settle on a world that you wouldn’t have that issue on and for worlds to realise that stacking themselves wasn’t a good idea.

Sea of Sorrows

in WvW

covenn.7165

Why is this such a huge deal?

The difference is in being able to play or not that evening due to queue times. On many servers, if you aren’t online at reset, you aren’t playing that evening.

in WvW

Posted by: Saint Scarlet.2906

Saint Scarlet.2906

Or spread out across the servers more, so you don’t have insane queue times. If every “major” or “pro” WvW guild went to a different server it would be more fun for everyone, less queue times, better fights all round and more movement in the tiers. But no, the majority of people have this mentality that being on the “no.1” server means so much(what does being on T1 server bring other than queues and lag, oh yeah kitten bragging rights). It’s a game we play to have fun, enjoy ourselves with friends and have good epic fights.

Commander Oracle Of Glint
Executed [EXE]
Piken Square

in WvW

covenn.7165

For those of you who say that this will mean that you cannot play WvW at reset because queues will now prevent you from getting on… that’s kinda your own fault.

Selfish and ignorant post. How is it anyone’s fault that the game can’t support the amount of people that want to play it? We have three hour queue times on reset night. I am curious as to how you are going to spin that as being ‘my fault’. Do you propose I transfer off the server and community I have invested time and effort into, leaving behind friends, guild mates, etc. ? Absolute nonsense.

in WvW

Posted by: Debsylvania.7396

Debsylvania.7396

Consider rotating reset times between the various time zones every three months.

That’s the only way I can think of that would come even close to being fair for all of the different zones involved.

Personally, I’m in the US, Midwest, and the reset time for me goes from inconvenient (currently I’m trying to get dinner on the table at reset) to awful (I’ll still be at work).

Deb ~The Chewbacca Defense [TCD];
Waiting For Death [WFD]
@ Borlis Pass Server

in WvW

lordkrall.7241

The difference is in being able to play or not that evening due to queue times. On many servers, if you aren’t online at reset, you aren’t playing that evening.

And currently in Europe most players would not be able to play at all at reset, since it was in the middle of the night and most of us actually sleeps.

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in WvW

Posted by: elderan.2638

elderan.2638

So screwing over EU since release is completely okay, but as soon as the US is effected it is a no go?

I’m simply stating that it’s not a “fix” (in any sense of the word) if it screws over another time zone, it just shifts the problem.

Anet: Make NA and EU servers reset at different times. You have hundreds of programmers and you’re telling me that none of them can figure out how to have multiple reset times? Does not compute.

in WvW

covenn.7165

And currently in Europe most players would not be able to play at all at reset, since it was in the middle of the night and most of us actually sleeps.

Did you read my posts before spouting off?

Why are you making this into a NA vs. Euro thing? Wouldn’t the best solution be to have separate reset times for each region? Fighting with each other is beyond stupid when we all should be demanding ANET to resolve this in a manner that allows both locations to have optimal reset times.

in WvW

Posted by: GrandmaFunk.3052

GrandmaFunk.3052

It wasn’t “completely okay”… but if the fix for that problem creates the same problem for the same amount of people.. nothing’s been solved, the problem just got shifted, so why bother changing anything.

By all means, change it, just change it to a time that is an actual compromise.

Like Saturday late afternoon (say 5pm UTC). that way NA-W is mid morning, NA-E is early afternoon, EU is early evening and SEA is late evening:

everyone gets to play.

GamersWithJobs [GWJ]
Northern Shiverpeaks

in WvW

covenn.7165

(1) For those of you wondering why not Saturday, you also need to remember that reset isn’t a completely automated process. Someone has to be there and ANet are unlikely to want to pull in members of their WvW team on a Saturday just to get the reset done. Honestly, out of the options available, this is the best solution at this time.

(2)For those of you who say that this will mean that you cannot play WvW at reset because queues will now prevent you from getting on… that’s kinda your own fault. ANet gave you months to settle on a world that you wouldn’t have that issue on and for worlds to realise that stacking themselves wasn’t a good idea.

(1) If they can’t manage to make this an automated process, that is their problem. It should be a repeatable task that doesn’t require any human interaction unless something goes wrong. It happens each and every week the same exact way.

(2) Again with the nonsense about it being ‘kinda your fault’ that there are queues. There were no queues on my server until we climbed the ranks. It is not my ‘fault’ that ANET didn’t shut off free transfers for so long and allowed people to easily transfer in. You propose I leave behind friends, guild members, and community ….stupid.

in WvW

Posted by: Nabrok.9023

Nabrok.9023

So … assuming the worst and anet does not separate reset times for NA and EU … this is going to be even worse when DST ends.

That would make it 2 PM Pacific and 5 PM Eastern.

“I’m not a PvE, WvW, or PvP player – I am a Guild Wars 2 player”
Tarnished Coast – Dissentient [DIS]
All classes

in WvW

lordkrall.7241

(1) If they can’t manage to make this an automated process, that is their problem. It should be a repeatable task that doesn’t require any human interaction unless something goes wrong. It happens each and every week the same exact way.

Exactly.
Which means they will always have people ready to fix it if something goes wrong, and therefore a Saturday would be quite expensive for ArenaNet, since they would need a team ready to fix the problem ASAP.

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in WvW

Posted by: Rackhir Tanelorn.9123

Rackhir Tanelorn.9123

Rather than Saturday, I’d prefer reset at either 22:00 UTC Thursday or even better 10am Server Friday Morning (5pm UTC Friday) – at least that way pretty much everybody gets the full weekend to play.

As it is now the EU will get 1-2 hours of “Reset Fun” at the cost of many NA Guilds being able to play together at all on Reset. With the screwy ways the queues work I fully expect posts on 5-7 hour queues on Reset in NA.

NAGA|TC

in WvW

GrandmaFunk.3052

Exactly.
Which means they will always have people ready to fix it if something goes wrong, and therefore a Saturday would be quite expensive for ArenaNet, since they would need a team ready to fix the problem ASAP.

Overtime/on-call on Saturday afternoon costs the same as overtime/on-call on Friday evening.

GamersWithJobs [GWJ]
Northern Shiverpeaks

in WvW

Posted by: Nabrok.9023

Nabrok.9023

Exactly.

Overtime/on-call on Saturday afternoon costs the same as overtime/on-call on Friday evening.

I imagine they are salaried.

“I’m not a PvE, WvW, or PvP player – I am a Guild Wars 2 player”
Tarnished Coast – Dissentient [DIS]
All classes

in WvW

lordkrall.7241

Possibly true (I don’t know the laws and such in the US, it is not the case here however)

You do however assume that they work on Saturdays in the first place, which is somewhat unlikely. Which would mean that they would need to pay for an extra (and, at least in Sweden, more expensive) day just to have people there at the reset.

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in WvW

Posted by: Boom.9304

Boom.9304

This is terrible. 3pm PST on a Friday is a kick in the teeth for West Coast NA players. It will also make it impossible for our guild to get on and player together for reset. The 5pm start was just possible for us.

Just think on when we ‘fall back’ in a few months..

..it’ll be 2 pm PST, 3 pm MST, 4 pm CST, and 5 EST..

Boomkins / Ayvaree
Bringer of Hellfire & “Dirtnapping Diva”
Leader, Transcendent Veneration [TV] – Tarnished Coast

in WvW

GrandmaFunk.3052

You do however assume that they work on Saturdays in the first place

What? no I don’t.

my point is that with the current reset time, someone at Anet is already working extra hours Friday evening. Two extra hours at the end of the day on Friday is the same cost as two extra hours Saturday afternoon.

GamersWithJobs [GWJ]
Northern Shiverpeaks

in WvW

Posted by: Valik Shin.9027

Valik Shin.9027

Having played on both na and euro servers I think they should have moved it forward instead of back. Many na servers don’t hit peak in wvw until 6-7am GMT. Many euro servers have decent numbers by 8-9 am GMT. So y not have reset at 7 or 8 am GMT?

Valik Shin
Darkwood Legion [DARK]
Yak’s Bend

in WvW

Posted by: ParaldaWind.4523

ParaldaWind.4523

They should move the reset to 2 AM for NA, let’s see how much you will complain then -_-

I’d be fine with that. At 2 AM, at least everyone is off work.

No tears, only dreams
[PYRO]
Maguuma – youtube.com/pyrogw2

in WvW

lordkrall.7241

What? no I don’t.

my point is that with the current reset time, someone at Anet is already working extra hours Friday evening. Two extra hours at the end of the day on Friday is the same cost as two extra hours Saturday afternoon.

Not it most likely isnt.
Since they are already there on Friday, but they would need to start working an extra day in order to be there on Saturday.

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in WvW

Posted by: Valik Shin.9027

Valik Shin.9027

Possibly true (I don’t know the laws and such in the US, it is not the case here however)

You do however assume that they work on Saturdays in the first place, which is somewhat unlikely. Which would mean that they would need to pay for an extra (and, at least in Sweden, more expensive) day just to have people there at the reset.

Only have to pay extra in USA if the person worked more than 40hrs in a week. Doesn’t matter what days it is

Valik Shin
Darkwood Legion [DARK]
Yak’s Bend

in WvW

GrandmaFunk.3052

Since they are already there on Friday, but they would need to start working an extra day in order to be there on Saturday.

…that’s not how the NA software development industry works.

GamersWithJobs [GWJ]
Northern Shiverpeaks

in WvW

Posted by: ThaOwner.7560

ThaOwner.7560

well, so much for playing on reset anymore… terrible idea, just split the reset times for na and eu servers

Tybstra| Everything Purple [EP] | Maguuma

in WvW

Posted by: Avatar of Belle.9623

This looks like a good compromise to me to help EU players. At least they’ll get some playtime in at reset.

If queues are really a problem to get your guild to together to play, I suggest transferring. One of the reasons why I am on a T8 server is because we have rarely have queues.

It’s all subjective. I prefer playing regardless of the score.

Threnody of Belle – Necromancer and PvE Carebear (24,500 achievement points)
Maguuma
#allisvain

in WvW

lordkrall.7241

Ah, my mistakes then. I was under the impression that the US had some sort of laws and regulations about work, but apparently I was wrong.

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in WvW

Posted by: Zikory.6871

Zikory.6871

2am Saturday morning? sign me up! Would be bad for our east coasters though 4am wouldn’t be nice.

[KnT] – Knight Gaming – Blackgate
Zikory – Retired Thief
Zikkro – Zergling Necromancer

in WvW

Posted by: OutspokenAardvark.9781

OutspokenAardvark.9781

Goodbye reset nights with 50 of your guildies. Hello 4h+ queues.

Rhyme – Commander
[DIS] Dissentient – http://dissentient.org
[TC] Tarnished Coast

in WvW

Posted by: Arkard.3970

Arkard.3970

IMO, this is a terrible idea. Not because you’re attempting to address a big issue, but rather that the so called compromise highlights the flaws of your system design and the fact that any attempted fix is just shifting the burden from one group to another rather then eliminating that burden in the first place.

Miyako [Kupo] – 80 Thief
Tarnished Coast Server

in WvW

covenn.7165

Only have to pay extra in USA if the person worked more than 40hrs in a week. Doesn’t matter what days it is

Doesn’t apply to salaried employees. Anyone that can fix something that goes wrong at this level is going to be salary. We get paid the same whether we work 30 hours a week or 60.

in WvW

Posted by: Sneakytail.5783

Sneakytail.5783

So you are dropping the problem into our laps. Are you serious?

in WvW

covenn.7165

If queues are really a problem to get your guild to together to play, I suggest transferring. One of the reasons why I am on a T8 server is because we have rarely have queues.

It’s all subjective.

Nobody should have to leave a community they have invested in just to be able to play the game. Silly suggestion, its not like everyone posting is a band wagoner that shifts servers every month.

in WvW

Posted by: Cicero.3492

Cicero.3492

So you are dropping the problem into our laps. Are you serious?

WvW = red headed step child of gw2 did you really expect anything else?

And this EU people arguing against NA people is pointless. EU you can’t tell me you wouldn’t want your reset to be at 8pm your time instead of midnight.

WTB split resets!