Commander Tag Changes Feedback [merged]

in WvW

Posted by: Amelia Knox.9362

Amelia Knox.9362

Any Update Anet? even just tell us we can’t we made a design decision atleast is being honest.

Months of 0 communication, and saying Dev are listening is not enough, we need Dev to speak, right now WvW team is 0.

The moment a decent competitor come out for RvR, WvW will be dead.

[Dawn] Gandara
Guild Leader

in WvW

Posted by: Der Buck.5439

Der Buck.5439

It doesn’t seem like a bad idea if it started that way from the beginning. Perhaps they could remove the commander tag on the update and revert it back to the Commander’s Compendium. Then make the Compendiums tradable for a compendium of a different color.

Or just make you choose a color when you first use it after the update.

in WvW

Posted by: Blanger.3162

Blanger.3162

If I already have a tag (which I do) and Anet is planning on me buying a different color for 300g they are mistaken, making me pay for functionality of a item I already bought isn’t going to happen, it’s like buying a legendary and having to pay extra for the particle effects…. the right way to do this is every tag has the ability to be any color at any time the player decides, if they want to raise the price of new tags because of this new function and being account bound that’s fine but don’t make me pay again just because they added a function that is basically cosmetic, besides we don’t know until the community decides what/which each color will be used for and that won’t happen until they are in the game and folks have time to use them.

in WvW

Posted by: Virtute.8251

Virtute.8251

we don’t know until the community decides what/which each color will be used for and that won’t happen until they are in the game and folks have time to use them.

And that won’t happen as a game-wide or server-wide phenomenon. Alternate colors will be unevenly and unreliably distributed. You’re not going to tell my commander that he can’t do a Red Commander job because he hasn’t paid for Red Commander icon.

Personally, I’ll only acknowledge a blue commander, anyway. I won’t respect the others.

Legendary PvF Keep Lord Anvu Pansu Senpai
RvR isn’t “endgame”, it’s the only game. Cu in CU.

in WvW

Blanger.3162

we don’t know until the community decides what/which each color will be used for and that won’t happen until they are in the game and folks have time to use them.

And that won’t happen as a game-wide or server-wide phenomenon. Alternate colors will be unevenly and unreliably distributed. You’re not going to tell my commander that he can’t do a Red Commander job because he hasn’t paid for Red Commander icon.

Personally, I’ll only acknowledge a blue commander, anyway. I won’t respect the others.

Agreed…well at first, I’d envision something like blue=WvW field commander, yellow= guild commander, red= havoc group commander, and green= PVE event commander

in WvW

Posted by: PookieDaWombat.6209

PookieDaWombat.6209

Wow, Anet.

I don’t know how you are able to both put wind in a boat’s sails while also sinking it at the same time, but here you are again proving me wrong.

When I first heard that there were FINALLY going to be colored tags available I threw my hands in the air in glee.
Then i found out that tags were going up in price, becoming account bound and if you bought 4 or more tags that you’d be refunding the extra money back to players and i thought, AWESOME.

Then I saw that you were charging the new 300 gold price for the new colors.

Seriously Anet. Seriously. The ONE thing that has been almost begged for since the start (the ability to choose another color other than blue for a tag) for tons of great reasons stated over and over again in the forums and you turn it into a kittening money grab?!?!?!?!

Really? Do you have people come up with ideas and then get some random person to pop a squat over them before sending it on to the devs? Is that the MO in your offices lately because its sure seeming like it from my end as of late.

throws hands in air in disgust

I was trying to be a voice for you all, even when others were shouting down your practices. I was trying to give you all the benefit of the doubt, but this is just ridiculous. At this point, just stop. Stop listening to what we want since you are obviously not capable of implementing it without making it a money grab in some way. Stop listening since all that seems to happen is our wants becoming “features” in other games made by your parent company. I want(ed) to play this game. Not those. But it seems like we are still just their testing ground and i’m tired of it.

[OTR] – Greck Howlbane – Guardian
Soraya Mayhew – Thief
Melissa Koris – Engie – SF for Life!

in WvW

Posted by: Substance E.4852

Substance E.4852

If I already have a tag (which I do) and Anet is planning on me buying a different color for 300g they are mistaken, making me pay for functionality of a item I already bought isn’t going to happen, it’s like buying a legendary and having to pay extra for the particle effects…. the right way to do this is every tag has the ability to be any color at any time the player decides, if they want to raise the price of new tags because of this new function and being account bound that’s fine but don’t make me pay again just because they added a function that is basically cosmetic, besides we don’t know until the community decides what/which each color will be used for and that won’t happen until they are in the game and folks have time to use them.

More like if they expected you to pay another 2-3k gold when they gave them the option to swap stats.

Connection error(s) detected. Retrying…

in WvW

Posted by: Kuju.2153

Kuju.2153

I can’t wait for Wednesday to see if Anet calls the bluff…. it will be glorious if they have the balls!

in WvW

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

Imagine what guild halls would cost if they ever released them.

in WvW

Virtute.8251

Imagine what guild halls would cost if they ever released them.

The NPC unlocks were a massive grind in GW1 guild halls system, but it could be done collaboratively. In GW2, everything tends to be gem stored and/or account bound. Whatever happens there, it won’t be fun.

However, ANet employees will be “extremely excited” to announce it!

in WvW

Posted by: Sreoom.3690

Sreoom.3690

Commander’s Color should be based on experience. There should be a leveling system in place for Commanders..maybe based on Points captured, time commanding, kills accrued.

“The Leaf on Wind”
JQ Ranger

in WvW

Posted by: Gorani.7205

Gorani.7205

Commander’s Color should be based on experience. There should be a leveling system in place for Commanders..maybe based on Points captured, time commanding, kills accrued.

No way to track that.

Colours should be a basic feature, there is no way to see it in any other way (unless you are a Anet Dev at the moment ).
Icons (which we will not get) should require something, like a regular purchase (100g is fine, even for a account bound feature), a guild upgrade you have to pay influence for or even a RNG drop, with a temporary icon (would always require the basic handbook). You could even put up limited vanity icons on the gemstore for each WvW season.

Member of The Guildwars Online Guild [GWO]
Still keeps a volume of Kurzick poems ;)

in WvW

Posted by: Quick Mouse.7635

Quick Mouse.7635

The cost of the commander tags is completely disproportionate with the typical income for wvw players.
Either commander tags have to be available to wvw players for a reduced cost, supplemented with badges (eg. 150g + 10000 badges), or rewards have to be greatly increased to compensate. Preferably both.
The current price is a total slap in the face to wvw players.

Tactical Fury [TF] – Late NA/early OCX driver (SoS)
Spirit of Faith [HOPE] – RIP

in WvW

Posted by: kingghidra.6247

kingghidra.6247

I don’t have a commander tag and probably never will do. But as someone who loves running in WvW and seeing the amazing work the commanders do, and as a relatively sane human being, it is quite ridiculously obvious that making the coloured tags feature a giant gold sink is utterly at odds with the in-game mechanics and a completely perverse decision.

It must require badges or be linked to WvW rank in some way. it must. There is absolutely no reason to have a WvW currency and rank and then make the greatest and most useful WvW feature have nothing to do with them.

This is all to say nothing of the the fact that something which seemed like a “good news, quality of life” change has somehow been warped into a barely attainable status symbol. It takes a massive level of misconception to deliver a helpful new feature in such a way that it only engenders ill-feeling, and it’s a really poor sign of the state of Anet’s thinking.

in WvW

Posted by: Baldrick.8967

Baldrick.8967

Bear in mind the dev team has next to zero input from anyone remotely connected to wvw. This is purely a pve move, as there are a ton of ‘commanders’ in pve and giving the rich pve’rs somehing else to spend their money on is what this is all about.

The fact that pure wvw players have little to no money but at the same time actually need different tags in order to make wvw better never entered the equation.

WvW player. Doing another world completion for my next Legendary. Hater of mini-games.

in WvW

Posted by: atheria.2837

atheria.2837

Huge mistake Anet… all these arguments against you making this a moneywall and nothing more.

Making guilds far less accessible than they are now – not as much community members and examples but walled off from all.

How can you do this?

How can you ignore that the very poor will NOT be the only ones who suffer in this horrid but needed quality of life change that was requested probably more than any other to be able to support our BLs in WvW, not to enrich those who take our idea and make it what it was never intended to be.

The very nature of "warfare’ that works? It’s the fact that you have good communication – and this is and will be horrid for the poor; but it is terrible for any WvW community.
———————————————————————————————————
Our (WvW Community) original idea:

Line up! (Two tags are up, BLUE and RED are up and there are 25 players around both tags(and guys the other colors are STUPID – GREEN was just left out????))

The tags separate and the groups even out… the odd person choooing either side.

Ok, BLUE go get xxx tower

RED will be zergbusting and keeping them busy

READY?! GO!

A simple change that we needed for the quality of life to be organized in WvW, Anet has taken as a sign that many will whip out that credit card – and many will have to – but that doesn’t mean it isn’t painful and a slap in the face for all who are in WvW.

Not keeping all IT jobs here is a major reason IT is so bad HERE. 33y IT 10y IT Security

(edited by atheria.2837)

in WvW

atheria.2837

I can’t wait for Wednesday to see if Anet calls the bluff…. it will be glorious if they have the balls!

I know I haven’t seen as many responses about many subjects since Pre-Release Weekend…

Not keeping all IT jobs here is a major reason IT is so bad HERE. 33y IT 10y IT Security

in WvW

Posted by: Pocket.2740

Pocket.2740

Anet, I’m really dissapointed about the fact that buying multiple Commander Tags will cost at a minimum 600g. I think the proposed system is too restrictive because of the amount of gold required and therefore won’t provide a way for Commanders to sufficiently organise themselves. For example, if there are two Commanders who have paid 300g each for the same coloured tag, they are no better off than the current system. What if the community decides that the blue tag will be used for the main group and the red tag should be used for havocing, but both Commanders on the map only have a blue tag?

You said in your presentation that you are waiting to see how the community organises themselves around usage of the different colours, but in the above scenario the community will still not be able to do that. I really feel that being able to switch colours on the fly is integral to the feature, so much so that I even feel that a cost higher than 300g could be justified if it included the ability to switch colours as standard and provide more squad management tools, but 600-1,200g is too far removed from acceptable pricing for such a limited feature.

It’s great to finally have tags as account bound and we are really grateful for that, but having to wait so long for an improvement to Commander Tags that is priced so unfairly and doesn’t sufficiently meet our requirements feels very bitersweet. I won’t be buying a tag because I just don’t think it is good value for money.

(edited by Pocket.2740)

in WvW

Posted by: Ragnar.4257

Ragnar.4257

For those still struggling to see the problem here:

http://i.imgur.com/w8gipUK.jpg

[Scnd][TA][Dius][aX]

in WvW

Posted by: Grotesque.6480

Grotesque.6480

The sad thing from all of this, is that even after an extensive CDI between the Anet staff and the players, this ‘improvement’ for the commander tag does not even come close.

Some here are completely overlooking the real problem. Yeah, a coloured tag for 300g is outragious. But aren’t you even more disapointed due the fact that the minor colour change does not solve kitten at all? That its not even something we wanted? What about Guild Tags and Tags able to hide for a Squad or Guild Members only?

Sorry but after 2 years while this game has been running, various feedback topics and even a CDI, I truly wonder what kind of kitten staff is running the game we are currently playing and paid for.

Incompetence. Rediculous.

Team Aggression [TA]

(edited by Grotesque.6480)

in WvW

Posted by: Svarty.8019

Svarty.8019

It’s as though Arenanet are trying to do one of those “be careful what you wish for” allegories from The Twilight Zone…

Nobody at Anet loves WvW like Grouch loved PvP. That’s what we need, a WvW Grouch, but taller.

(edited by Svarty.8019)

in WvW

Posted by: Armed Silon Il.4597

Armed Silon Il.4597

Im still actually surprised that players really expect Anet to listen to them when it has become abundantly clear that Anet only care about Gem store purchases and Pve…………..

+1 Ragnar love the little slideshow of anets logic

Znaaff (Ele)
Jinxta Fleshrender (Necro)

in WvW

Posted by: Damarus.5938

Damarus.5938

Would like to throw in my feedback without hyperbole.

Must like the rest, I am disappointed at the pricing of the new commander tags. I had always seen new colors as a ‘quick win’ opportunity to offer the community a way to get a slight increase in organizational features for WvW. Instead, it has been proposed as a high barrier to entry system to use, and in layman’s terms “a whole big thing”. I am unsure the reasons for this increased barrier to entry of use of the system (e.g., don’t want an increase in folks using commander that should be?), but I have a hunch they do not outweigh the positive effect that an easy to use system would do for the community.

Member of Knights Templar [KT] – http://knights-templar.com

(edited by Damarus.5938)

in WvW

Posted by: grifflyman.8102

grifflyman.8102

Anet, I’m really dissapointed about the fact that buying multiple Commander Tags will cost at a minimum 600g. I think the proposed system is too restrictive because of the amount of gold required and therefore won’t provide a way for Commanders to sufficiently organise themselves. For example, if there are two Commanders who have paid 300g each for the same coloured tag, they are no better off than the current system. What if the community decides that the blue tag will be used for the main group and the red tag should be used for havocing, but both Commanders on the map only have a blue tag?

You said in your presentation that you are waiting to see how the community organises themselves around usage of the different colours, but in the above scenario the community will still not be able to do that. I really feel that being able to switch colours on the fly is integral to the feature, so much so that I even feel that a cost higher than 300g could be justified if it included the ability to switch colours as standard and provide more squad management tools, but 600-1,200g is too far removed from acceptable pricing for such a limited feature.

It’s great to finally have tags as account bound and we are really grateful for that, but having to wait so long for an improvement to Commander Tags that is priced so unfairly and doesn’t sufficiently meet our requirements feels very bitersweet. I won’t be buying a tag because I just don’t think it is good value for money.

Very well said!

in WvW

Posted by: grifflyman.8102

grifflyman.8102

Im still actually surprised that players really expect Anet to listen to them when it has become abundantly clear that Anet only care about Gem store purchases and Pve…………..

+1 Ragnar love the little slideshow of anets logic

If you head over to reddit and search for gw2 it’s pretty clear a lot of people are losing faith in Anet.

in WvW

Posted by: Garet Jax.1609

Garet Jax.1609

It would be so funny if it wasn’t terribly sad.

in WvW

Posted by: JorneMormel.9850

JorneMormel.9850

Agreed…well at first, I’d envision something like blue=WvW field commander, yellow= guild commander, red= havoc group commander, and green= PVE event commander

As far as I am concerned, blue = WvW commander. Anything else, PvE garbage.

Mysterious Old Geek
Co-founder of Flying Pink Unicorns [PWNY], Ring of Fire

in WvW

Posted by: BlazeQ.1095

BlazeQ.1095

I’m not going to pay 300g for a tag color. I have a hard enough time making any gold at all.

Cold Beerdrinker
PB Officer
NSP

in WvW

Posted by: nexxe.7081

nexxe.7081

8+ months of waiting for substantial updates to WvW.
-Golem upgrades
-300g for colors
-siege disabler

That’s it! That is just pathetic. I’m sorry, but it is.

WvW is pretty much dead now. If you want any pvp action, it’s in EotM or SPvP now, and EotM is basically a pve zone. K-train champ runs is all you’ll find there.

in WvW

Blanger.3162

I have absolutely no problem with this, buy the tag it has a base color to show you are a new commander (say white), as you progress through ranks/leveling as a commander other colors are unlocked, it would give players at a glance an idea of the level of a commanders experience, of course it might penalize new commanders in some ways but we have times when no commander is present on the map that a new commander can get his feet wet and gain exp but we’d have to separate it somehow from EotM.

in WvW

Substance E.4852

As far as I am concerned, blue = WvW commander. Anything else, PvE garbage.

Different colors could have been very useful in having a main zerg and 1-3 smaller teams taking camps ect. Everyone would know where everyone was.

Not so much when they cost half a pre. You’d need to pay 900g to be a small team leader unless you have a static group of commanders who always know who is which color and thus only have to buy that one.

in WvW

Posted by: islarose.7356

islarose.7356

Refuse to buy it until they remedy this fumbled attempt at implementing a community QoL (NOT VANITY) feature.

Perhaps if their attempted goldsink fails, due to too few buying it, they might actually listen, a la, their “fix” of the light T3 human armor reskin in the gemstore. Mayhaps if enough of us refuse to buy gems until it’s fixed, they might listen.

Clearly, money talks here.

in WvW

Posted by: islarose.7356

islarose.7356

Bear in mind the dev team has next to zero input from anyone remotely connected to wvw. This is purely a pve move, as there are a ton of ‘commanders’ in pve and giving the rich pve’rs somehing else to spend their money on is what this is all about.

The fact that pure wvw players have little to no money but at the same time actually need different tags in order to make wvw better never entered the equation.

In addition to having to supply superior siege, trays of food, and so on.. with very little by way of loot to generate revenue.

in WvW

Substance E.4852

Pretty much this…

This wasn’t a “Hey, lets finally give WvW’s that one very easy thing they have been asking for a long time now” it’s a “hey this is a great way to cater to the absurdly wealthy pve crowd who love impossible to ignore vanity crap while tanking several thousand gold out of the game” idea…

in WvW

Posted by: gennyt.3428

gennyt.3428

I wonder, would these tags be the badge of the GW2 1%? Throw me a pm for the occupy LA protest lol.

Whispers with meat.

in WvW

Virtute.8251

I wonder, would these tags be the badge of the GW2 1%? Throw me a pm for the occupy LA protest lol.

Competitor to the PvE commanders’ Occupy SAB protest?

in WvW

Posted by: schnitzel.9018

schnitzel.9018

+1

Cant Believe that this Forum is filled every day with new Threads. Are there still people outside who think anet care of us?

in WvW

Posted by: dancingmonkey.4902

dancingmonkey.4902

Don’t be ridiculous. We are literally getting a patch coming in that is full of things asked for. Including differing colored commander tags.

in WvW

Posted by: Tryxtr.6295

Tryxtr.6295

So, is this right?

If I buy a commander tag today it’ll cost 100g and be for 1 character, but automatically be made account wide with the update, but if I wait til after the update to buy one, it’ll be 300g…..?

in WvW

Posted by: Snorcha.7586

Snorcha.7586

I appreciate the new colors, but this is quite a strange move and one that will most surely have a negative effect on the playerbase rather then a positive one.

in WvW

Posted by: Galandil.9641

Galandil.9641

So, is this right?

If I buy a commander tag today it’ll cost 100g and be for 1 character, but automatically be made account wide with the update, but if I wait til after the update to buy one, it’ll be 300g…..?

Correct. But if you buy it now, it will only blue!!1!eleven

in WvW

Substance E.4852

So, is this right?

Correct. But if you buy it now, it will only blue!!1!eleven

Yup. If anyone’s on the fence about a tag, now’s the time to get one.

in WvW

Posted by: saratoga.4872

saratoga.4872

Substance E, Depends on how this goes. It could be like prepaying for tomorrow night’s luxury dinner and realizing that you are on the Titanic and ya just heard a rather bad scrape with something in the water.

in WvW

Posted by: Hamster.4861

Hamster.4861

Arenanet, for the LOVE OF GOD do not make colors for the commander tags 300g.

I do not know whether it should be 50g and 2k badges (might give me something to spend my badges of honor on) or whether it should be a flat 100 gold, but PLEASE

not that expensive. It would take me weeks and weeks and weeks of farming DR to make that happen.

in WvW

atheria.2837

Don’t be ridiculous. We are literally getting a patch coming in that is full of things asked for. Including differing colored commander tags.

Not one of us made a single suggestion to make this a moneywall rather than a quality of life change that was desperately needed.

Levels? No.

Colors? Yes.

Taking an idea given to the devs by the WvW community and doing this to our idea is a horrid slap in the face of all those who pour heart and soul into WvW.

Now the guilds will be even more reclusive and not community minded.

You aren’t getting how horrid this will be – nothing short of the megaserver will do as much damage to WvW as demoralizing costs that most can’t hope to get reasonably in casual play must now wait months to accomplish ; I am NOT a casual player and I know that some are great at playing the market but most are gatherers and are holding their own buying superior siege.

Anet, you are going to make the next MMO that has three sided warfare (with capture the flag, capture the island and other diversions that help keep the game fresh) look amazingly tantilizing with this bad choice of 300 gold per level for a commander’s tag.

300 gold… those who have money will just buy one.

We already can’t play “like we want” in many ways…

Those who are poor in real life will have to grind and you promised there would be no grinding in this game – you promised.

(edited by atheria.2837)

in WvW

atheria.2837

For those still struggling to see the problem here:

http://i.imgur.com/w8gipUK.jpg

The colors they chose are wrong.

They should correspond to what exists now.

Blue

Red

Green

And the “levels” are just dumb… we wanted choices so we could send some with another tag on the same map – better coverage and knowing where to go to so whatever job at hand…

Dumber than dumb… mean.

in WvW

atheria.2837

I have absolutely no problem with this, buy the tag it has a base color to show you are a new commander (say white), as you progress through ranks/leveling as a commander other colors are unlocked, it would give players at a glance an idea of the level of a commanders experience, of course it might penalize new commanders in some ways but we have times when no commander is present on the map that a new commander can get his feet wet and gain exp but we’d have to separate it somehow from EotM.

Unlocking by level (WvW level) would have made FAR more sense.

Unlocking isn’t a paywall – and it’s fair to those who have the “Platinum” tag – they EARNED IT.

26 years now in IT…

I was a beta tester for the original Doom

I was a beta tester for 5 months for WoW pre-release

I’ve been a computer geek and professional for a very long time with gaming being my hobby and source of social interaction (military families, orphans and others who have little to no connections in real life will be able to relate…), it’s unkind in the extreme for any company to take a very good idea, one that was needed but not thought of, and make it into their idea of a golden goose.

Gamers are ever looking for a better MMO – and we are all looking Anet.

You are good – very, very good, but you have ignored our pleas over so many issues and even tech support that isn’t tech support who tells us “start over”, “we don’t have access to the database” and “prove you lost xxxx” even though the database is on the server side not the client side.

It’s time for you to stand by your word Anet… you promised we could play like we want to – ergo we gave you a brilliant and simple idea – and you broke our trust – again.

(edited by atheria.2837)

in WvW

atheria.2837

So, is this right?

You have 900 gold?

You have 300 gold to spare for a tag to have a color other than blue?

Now all blue tags will be ignored????

I really hope you left off the sarcasm hint.

in WvW

atheria.2837

Yellow or Gold is the isn’t even part of WvW color schemes and will be ugly as sin.

in WvW

Posted by: Gaab.4257

Gaab.4257

Again, I don’t usually write to forums except when I see something really ridiculous.

But this commander tag thingy is just that. You take a long awaited feature, turn it around, and make a useless gold sink out of it.

GG Anet. I hope you change your mind because if this feature goes live like this, it’s just plain ridiculous and I think I’ll lose all my remaining hope in you. I was about to buy a commander tag for pve purposes but if the above is going to happen, there is just simply no way I’ll do it.

Is it a clear enough negative feedback?