in WvW

Posted by: Aphs.9528

Aphs.9528

Ranger -Little Prince

Desert Borderlands Vote

in WvW

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

We already had a vote. A majority of people wanted DBL, thus they must have liked it. It cant possibly be any different now, because that would be hypocritical.

Desert Borderlands Vote

in WvW

Posted by: Mylerian.9176

Mylerian.9176

It’s not that bad of a map. If you know it , and realize there are some advantages to it.

Desert Borderlands Vote

in WvW

Posted by: Jim Hunter.6821

Jim Hunter.6821

It’s not that bad of a map. If you know it , and realize there are some advantages to it.

Advantages like being able to leap into keeps or pvd without pesky defenders bothering you…..

Also known as Puck when my account isn’t suspended
LGN

Desert Borderlands Vote

in WvW

Mylerian.9176

Advantages like being able to leap into keeps or pvd without pesky defenders bothering you…..

No. I do not like that part of it. That is cheating and should not be in the game or tolerated. I am taking about for open field fights. It makes it much more fun with all the cool choke points, and other attributes that come with a large map.

Desert Borderlands Vote

in WvW

Posted by: Jim Hunter.6821

Jim Hunter.6821

No. I do not like that part of it. That is cheating and should not be in the game or tolerated. I am taking about for open field fights. It makes it much more fun with all the cool choke points, and other attributes that come with a large map.

My favorite part of open field fights in the dbl is when the other player jumps off a cliff to avoid a 1v1 and doesn’t take any damage because of a lame pve gimmick, or when random barriers pop up in front of me and I’m constantly crippled so I can’t chase someone down…..

Also known as Puck when my account isn’t suspended
LGN

Desert Borderlands Vote

in WvW

Posted by: Limodriver.4106

Limodriver.4106

ppl who voted to stay dont even play it they go queue EB first.

(edited by Limodriver.4106)

Desert Borderlands Vote

in WvW

Posted by: Blockhead Magee.3092

Blockhead Magee.3092

I voted to keep it in the poll that mattered. Though I think its a terrible map and rarely go there (only if there is a call out for a defense on a T3 keep) I am good with letting people play on it who like it.

SBI

Desert Borderlands Vote

in WvW

Posted by: demetrodon.1457

demetrodon.1457

Cricket and pvd borderlands..but hey, some people like it, and got no problem with that.

Ex [FURY] [PunK] [SOUL]
Far Shiverpeaks

(edited by demetrodon.1457)

Desert Borderlands Vote

in WvW

Mylerian.9176

Do not get me wrong. It is not my favorite map. But sometimes it can be fun.

Desert Borderlands Vote

in WvW

Posted by: Lahmia.2193

Lahmia.2193

Defending the keeps is very fun, since it’s near impossible to lose. Those keep lords are OP.

Surrender and serve me in life, or die and slave for me in death.

Desert Borderlands Vote

in WvW

Posted by: Jacion.6302

Jacion.6302

DBL fights are pretty fun. It’s good for solo / small teams to cap as home or enemy since it’s so big and so many locations when you add in shrines. Keep fights are intense as alpine but have different dynamic. Great enemy map to get Daily done in solo.

My main issue is it defaults red which is the bottom server of the match up, additionally red gets top of ebg which I also consider not fair. To be dished out an upside down map ebg and easy cap west towers and also have easy cap huge zone DBL is rough….wish it was rotated so lowest server wouldn’t suffer so much per match up. All opinion though.

There is a lot of neat things you can pull off in DBL and the risk of fall death is greater which is cool.

Desert Borderlands Vote

in WvW

Posted by: Anvil.9230

Anvil.9230

As said in a previous post we already have a vote, and a large majority of people who voted wanted it to stay amid the other maps.

It’s a good concept: those who do not like it can play with the two others. In a more or less close future we can still hope arenanet team to create a third borderland map.

And honestly this map is interesting simply because it make players in a obligation to think a little bit different (path, tactics, …).

(edited by Anvil.9230)

Desert Borderlands Vote

in WvW

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

The only thing is how i hate the bugs Anet left to be exploited -.-" or it looks like that.

Being Alpine or Desert its the same, both maps are use to be ktrained.. even alpine is most time empty.. and easy to ktrain as well.

So its a game model issue or game mode is intended to be ktrained to make every one happy( every skrits loves free rewards)..

p.s i play mostime on defending, and even on eb theres a few nasty spots that Anet needs to make walls invunerable, when making damage to clifs.

At the end game is full of gimmicks tobe abused that is the true tactics abaout this game.

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

(edited by Aeolus.3615)

Desert Borderlands Vote

in WvW

Posted by: Joshhh.2076

Joshhh.2076

My main issue is it defaults red which is the bottom server of the match up, additionally red gets top of ebg which I also consider not fair. To be dished out an upside down map ebg and easy cap west towers and also have easy cap huge zone DBL is rough….wish it was rotated so lowest server wouldn’t suffer so much per match up. All opinion though.

This. Once you get stuck with the Red BL for a couple of weeks it becomes an almost inescapable cycle.

I wonder how many people would’ve voted how they did in the big poll if they expected to get the desert map 7 weeks out of 8…

Gandaran.

Desert Borderlands Vote

in WvW

Posted by: jamesdolla.3954

jamesdolla.3954

71% so far don’t like it. Should be 80-90 imho. Delete the map!

Native Maguuman

Desert Borderlands Vote

in WvW

Posted by: Gwaihir.1745

Gwaihir.1745

People voted to remove dbbl. The guy claiming people liked it needs to prove it.

Desert Borderlands Vote

in WvW

Aeolus.3615

this vote only reach players that come to the forum complaning ^^ does not reaches others like the Anet mail pool did.. XD

And it is not a map issue its a game mechanic issue and Anet fix stuff, bugs apart Desert map is to good for this game lol..
….Game lacks mechanics.

(edited by Aeolus.3615)

Desert Borderlands Vote

in WvW

Posted by: Anvil.9230

Anvil.9230

Some people had and still have a loud voice on this forum against desertic border lands.

Of course that’s their right to express their opinion.

But when arenanet has called a maximum of player ( even those who are not often coming on this forum) to vote about it: they choose to keep it and to have it simultaneously with the rest of the maps.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wuv/WvW-Poll-14-June-Desert-Borderlands-Closed/page/4#post6212591

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wuv/WvW-Poll-27-June-Simultaneous-Borderlands/page/3#post6228777

Desert Borderlands Vote

in WvW

Posted by: Nikkinella.8254

Nikkinella.8254

You do realize the only reason the majority of people voted to keep it was because we were basically forced to right? Anet blackmailed us into voting to keep it when they said on reddit that if we voted no, there would be no future improvements to wvw maps. So, yeah. Those of us saying we had a choice if we wanted it or not, LOL! We were basically told,“take this crappy map or else you get nothing else in the future”. Its not a choice when you’re forced to do it through threats.

Desert Borderlands Vote

in WvW

Posted by: JemL.3501

JemL.3501

where is the option for ‘’revamp this map as pve map and add it’’ because is it the best pve map ive played in this game so far

I took an arrow to the knee

Desert Borderlands Vote

in WvW

Posted by: Simonoly.4352

Simonoly.4352

The map still needs a lot of work – especially the Air and Fire keeps. But I get the impression that Anet are pretty much done with the map now. Still no replacement for the central map event either – which was actually a really great idea but just not implemented well. It feels like a half finished map so it’s not particularly fun.

Gandara

Desert Borderlands Vote

in WvW

Posted by: DevilishLyx.2340

DevilishLyx.2340

We already had a vote. A majority of people wanted DBL, thus they must have liked it.

Correction, people voted based upon the options anet gave us. What wvw players really want is to remove the DBL and replace it with a real new wvw map. But this wasnt an option that was provided.
The options we were given were, keep wvw stale with the same alpine maps, or add the DBL as one of the BLs to keep those few who liked it. So tbh this poll was a poll where the community only really had one choice! No one wanted to keep wvw stale with the same old map on all 3 BLs, and anet were not going to provide us with a new map, and no one wanted the DBL to be a dominant map.
And so have the DBL as one map and the other 2 as alpine was the ONLY choice we had! There was no other real option for us to choose, the other options would have lead to a faster decline of the wvw population, which no one wants.

Desert Borderlands Vote

in WvW

Posted by: Cerby.1069

Cerby.1069

We already had a vote. A majority of people wanted DBL, thus they must have liked it.

Correction, people voted based upon the options anet gave us. What wvw players really want is to remove the DBL and replace it with a real new wvw map. But this wasnt an option that was provided.
The options we were given were, keep wvw stale with the same alpine maps, or add the DBL as one of the BLs to keep those few who liked it. So tbh this poll was a poll where the community only really had one choice! No one wanted to keep wvw stale with the same old map on all 3 BLs, and anet were not going to provide us with a new map, and no one wanted the DBL to be a dominant map.
And so have the DBL as one map and the other 2 as alpine was the ONLY choice we had! There was no other real option for us to choose, the other options would have lead to a faster decline of the wvw population, which no one wants.

You had multiple times to make urselves be heard. You had multiple times to vote.

You lost. Just be thankful that they were ‘willling’ to remove it (for a time) and change it ‘FOR YOU’. You guys have no idea how much anet went out of its way to cator to a minority of players.
Time to accept your defeat with ‘some’ level of grace. YOu lost, get over it. Tired of hearing losers whine. You don’t have to play it, there is no reason to play on the map if you don’t want to. Even if it is your home bl there is no reason to play it….you have 3 other maps you can play on.

I kill you in one gunflame, or I kill you in two.
The Tiny Yuno Sniper of Ebay [EBAY]

(edited by Cerby.1069)

Desert Borderlands Vote

in WvW

Posted by: Cerby.1069

Cerby.1069

You had multiple times to make urselves be heard. You had multiple times to vote.

You lost. Just be thankful that they were ‘willling’ to remove it (for a time) and change it ‘FOR YOU’. You guys have no idea how much anet went out of its way to cator to a minority of players.
Time to accept your defeat with ‘some’ level of grace. YOu lost, get over it. Tired of hearing losers whine.

I kill you in one gunflame, or I kill you in two.
The Tiny Yuno Sniper of Ebay [EBAY]

Desert Borderlands Vote

in WvW

Posted by: kefro.9312

kefro.9312

75% say that they dont like desert bl.
So the anet pool was fake, anet is force feeding us… the map sucks and they lied about their pool

Desert Borderlands Vote

in WvW

Posted by: Rashagar.8349

Rashagar.8349

You do realize the only reason the majority of people voted to keep it was because we were basically forced to right? Anet blackmailed us into voting to keep it when they said on reddit that if we voted no, there would be no future improvements to wvw maps. So, yeah. Those of us saying we had a choice if we wanted it or not, LOL! We were basically told,“take this crappy map or else you get nothing else in the future”. Its not a choice when you’re forced to do it through threats.

Don’t pretend to speak for a majority of players.

So the anet pool was fake, anet is force feeding us… the map sucks and they lied about their pool

Or the sample size of this poll is non representative of the population as a whole.

Desert Borderlands Vote

in WvW

Posted by: Jeknar.6184

Jeknar.6184

Some people just can’t let it go can they? Desert borderlands won the vote to stay and will stay… Shut the kitten up about it and play your other maps since you still have them. I really doubt you have all the other 3 maps queued 24/7 so you are always forced to play DBL against your will…

Kawagima / Kelvena Riverstream / Calamis Fatima / Hanna Flintlocke
WvW Rank 3800 (Platinum Veteran) – PvP Rank 69 (Shark) – 25,9k Achievment Points
Mërcenaries [Sold] – Ferguson’s Crossing

Desert Borderlands Vote

in WvW

Posted by: Carbi.6357

Carbi.6357

go on bois, get all ur pve friends to vote they like it just like happend on the actual poll.

Desert Borderlands Vote

in WvW

Posted by: Aphs.9528

Aphs.9528

Desert BL solution – Separate it like EOTM from Current match ups and use the same faction system as you do for EOTM . Have 3 Desert BL’s maps and weekly match ups . Doing this keeps everyone happy and it eliminates any advantages they are with 2 Alpine BL’s and 1 Desert BL .

Ranger -Little Prince

Desert Borderlands Vote

in WvW

Posted by: XTR.9604

XTR.9604

I just wish they would add the borderland bloodlust to the DBL map and get rid of all of the gimmicky crippling/stealth crap in the center of the map…

Asphyxia [XT] – Crystal Desert & Fort Aspenwood Roamer
Twitch Stream – AsphyxiaXT
My Builds at XtremeTheory.com

Desert Borderlands Vote

in WvW

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

I have zero doubt that the DBL has far less activity than Alpine or EBG. If you look at the amount of deaths on that map, it’ll probably show it is far less used. The Dev’s should know this too.

The vote should have simply been, do you like or dislike. Though our behavior in WvW should illustrate our true preferences. Which puts DBL in far last place.

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

Desert Borderlands Vote

in WvW

Aeolus.3615

lol did u emailed the players that do WvW and dont come to the forum?

Both Alpine and DBL have issues even eb towers have them.

Should we make a vote to remove the 3 maps as well or alpine since alpine only has players when a server as a oposition to stop a ktrain on the main keep???

(edited by Aeolus.3615)

Desert Borderlands Vote

in WvW

Posted by: Kovu.7560

Kovu.7560

Just remove the whole gamemode if you people are going to kitten so much.
You have options. If you don’t like DBL play on Alpine, EBG or EoTM — whatever your cup of tea is.

~ Kovu

Charr Ranger, Necromancer, Thief
Fort Aspenwood. [CREW], [TLC], [ShW], [UNIV]

Desert Borderlands Vote

in WvW

Posted by: jamesdolla.3954

jamesdolla.3954

lol did u emailed the players that do WvW and dont come to the forum?

Both Alpine and DBL have issues even eb towers have them.

Should we make a vote to remove the 3 maps as well or alpine since alpine only has players when a server as a oposition to stop a ktrain on the main keep???

DBL is the least used map and everyone avoids it like the plague. Would not mind getting rid of all the maps to bring in something new but that something new aint happening so they can’t get rid of all the maps.

Native Maguuman

Desert Borderlands Vote

in WvW

Rashagar.8349

So the general idea here is keep whining about being on the unpopular side of a decision made months ago, revise the history around that decision to suit your point of view, and keep doing it until the people who disagree with you are sick of joining in the conversation, then pretend that the only opinions that exist are those of the voices that are still whining, so you can say “everyone” agrees with you, right?

I’m so glad we’re still having these talks.

Desert Borderlands Vote

in WvW

Posted by: Carbi.6357

Carbi.6357

kittenin pve kittenters still talkin as if people actually like desert border) i like it.

Desert Borderlands Vote

in WvW

Nikkinella.8254

Or the sample size of this poll is non representative of the population as a whole.

I’m simply stating facts. I can pretty much guarantee if it weren’t for that threat they made on reddit, we would not have the desert bl right now. I’m also speaking based on observation. desert bl is always empty, other maps and eb always have people. no one ever wants to go to the desert bl. If we are unlucky enough to have desert bl as our map, no one even wants to go there to defend if the enemy goes there, we just let them take everything. Based on pure observation, people dont like it. a handful do, but those people are a minority.

Desert Borderlands Vote

in WvW

Rashagar.8349

I’m simply stating facts. I can pretty much guarantee if it weren’t for that threat they made on reddit, we would not have the desert bl right now. I’m also speaking based on observation. desert bl is always empty, other maps and eb always have people. no one ever wants to go to the desert bl. If we are unlucky enough to have desert bl as our map, no one even wants to go there to defend if the enemy goes there, we just let them take everything. Based on pure observation, people dont like it. a handful do, but those people are a minority.

None of those statements fit the definition of facts haha!

Desert Borderlands Vote

in WvW

Posted by: Draeyon.4392

Draeyon.4392

Ye, this map was going to fail since the open beta. They shot themselves in the foot by creating a new map and then getting player feedback after the point of no return. I have no idea how much input alpha testers had but this was a dead map since the beta and is a dead map now (save reset).

If there is ever a new map for WvW, alpine borderlands and EBG should be the templates for it.

(edited by Draeyon.4392)

Desert Borderlands Vote

in WvW

Nikkinella.8254

facts based on observation. It is a fact that the desert bl is always empty and there are people on other maps. Its a fact that people refuse to go there even when the commander asks them to. We let them take our stuff if we have the misfortune of having our bl be the desert one. Maybe its different on your server, but it is a fact on my server. No one wants to go there except a small handful. The majority hate it and theres nonstop complaining if we end up getting stuck with it as our bl.

perhaps they need another vote, without any threats this time to force us to pick it anyway. I’m not going to waste time digging through their past reddit posts, youre free to do so if you like. they did in fact state that if we voted no, no further improvements would be made in wvw. so yes, we were forced through threats of wvw remaining stagnant. If we were given the chance to vote without that little threat of theirs, there would be no desert bl now.

(edited by Nikkinella.8254)

Desert Borderlands Vote

in WvW

Posted by: Jacion.6302

Jacion.6302

facts based on observation. It is a fact that the desert bl is always empty and there are people on other maps. Its a fact that people refuse to go there even when the commander asks them to. We let them take our stuff if we have the misfortune of having our bl be the desert one. Maybe its different on your server, but it is a fact on my server. No one wants to go there except a small handful. The majority hate it and theres nonstop complaining if we end up getting stuck with it as our bl.

perhaps they need another vote, without any threats this time to force us to pick it anyway. I’m not going to waste time digging through their past reddit posts, youre free to do so if you like. they did in fact state that if we voted no, no further improvements would be made in wvw. so yes, we were forced through threats of wvw remaining stagnant. If we were given the chance to vote without that little threat of theirs, there would be no desert bl now.

I find this all weird, maybe DB functions at a higher wave length than where ever you are from.

We run raids in DBL and we will jump maps according to need and or pressure / tactic / distraction measures.

This is from a 492 person guild that runs 25-35man guild raids before adding in pugs and have 5 commanders that do our runs. We run frequently 9pm est to 12pm est in DBL and face both of the other servers, if we aren’t currently red and are in dbl…often we face the other non-red working on fire / air keep.

I have never been in any bl without atleast a 10man havoc per side capping things and usually it’s more substantial than that. The other night (friday) we had 4 commanders in DBL alone with 2 of our zergs being 35+ squadies.

Sure…wvw is dying, whine whine breath whine, sometimes there are nights of burnout and no one seems to be running…but at least in our matchups there is consistently pressure on our home BL and EBG and generally at a minimum there is a havoc if not a commander on the enemy bl, regardless of if it is dbl or alpine.

Maybe you live in Hawaii?

Desert Borderlands Vote

in WvW

Posted by: Buddah.7328

Buddah.7328

Some people just can’t let it go can they? Desert borderlands won the vote to stay and will stay… Shut the kitten up about it and play your other maps since you still have them. I really doubt you have all the other 3 maps queued 24/7 so you are always forced to play DBL against your will…

These are people who probably just want 4 EB maps.

Last weekend CD’s pairing on reset (arguably the lowest population pairing) queued up its DBL for 2+ hours on reset to fend off 2 large zergs. Last night, no where near full, but then EB didn’t stay full very long either. Think we topped out about around 30-35 people, most of the time though closer to 10. Still had some large enemy zergs roaming it early, plus one guild group that loitered around for 4 hours before the CD/DH/DR pugs finally took control of their home BL.

For reference I spent 5 hours in the DBL last night alone, EB maybe 5 min just to see who was there.

Anet hates Darkhaven.

Desert Borderlands Vote

in WvW

Posted by: DevilishLyx.2340

DevilishLyx.2340

Look if anet gave us the option “Remove DBL and replace with a new BL”, that option would have received 99% of the votes! But since that option was not available, players went with the lesser of two evils. The DBLs won nothing, they simple got through because the three legged race need a third leg!
If you got socks for xmas, you dont just throw them away; but you would exchange them for something better if you could! And that is what the DBLs are, we hate them, but it was better than nothing, and there was nothing better offered!

(edited by DevilishLyx.2340)

Desert Borderlands Vote

in WvW

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

And that is what the DBLs are, we hate them, but it was better than nothing, and there was nothing better offered!

Nothing, except keeping another ABL.

But granted, I really dont think its all bad. Only reset is crowded, the rest of the week DBL is essentially a deserted overflow.

WvW is currently EB + 2 borders, which condense a lower population, bringing more fights.

Anet is obviously fine with that and so am I.

Desert Borderlands Vote

in WvW

Posted by: Gwaihir.1745

Gwaihir.1745

A few white knights defending dbbl trying to crush the masses of heretics staying get rid of it. Dbbl was voted out in the first poll. Anet tried to force feed it back a second poll, which was a skewed poll asking for a super majority but offering 4 similar options to prevent a super majority ever being obtained.

Desert Borderlands Vote

in WvW

Posted by: Jeknar.6184

Jeknar.6184

A few white knights defending dbbl trying to crush the masses of heretics staying get rid of it. Dbbl was voted out in the first poll. Anet tried to force feed it back a second poll, which was a skewed poll asking for a super majority but offering 4 similar options to prevent a super majority ever being obtained.

No, the first poll was actually the screwed one. They asked about 2 options between simultaneos and a option of quartely rotating:

The poll has ended! After removing all votes for “Don’t Count My Vote” and combining the two “Yes” votes, the final results are:

69.7% – Yes (55% Double Alpine + 14.7% Double Desert)
30.3% – No

Since “Yes” to Mixed Borderlands did not received the required 75% of the vote, we’ll continue with the quarterly borderlands map rotation instead. Thank you to everyone who voted!

People complained that there was no option of removing DBL and that it was too confusing since they counted both simultaneos votes as the same option, so they went with the second poll which DBL won:

The poll has ended! After removing all votes for “Don’t Count My Vote” the final results are:

65.5% No: The Desert Borderland map should continue to be supported.
34.5% Yes: The Desert Borderland map should be permanently disabled.

This means that the Desert Borderlands map will continue to be supported. Next, the Mixed Borderlands poll will be re-run to determine how the Desert Borderlands map will re-enter play. Thank you to everyone who voted!

Call it rigged all you want. At this point you’re just acting like the people saying “Oh Donald Trump isn’t my President” when he won the election and there is nothing you can do about it.
“Oh but they threatened never giving us another map”. Well, if you are so happy with ABL, why they should bother working on another new map? Every time they give us a new map (EotM and now DBL) everyone call it kitten. Can you really blame them for saying that they wouldn’t bother working on another map in case of DBL losing when you kittens are never happy with anything at all?
And honestly, yall should be happy with the presence of DBL. Since now there is only 2 ABL instead of 3, it means more activity to your maps (that if people really don’t play DBL in favor of ABL) which should be a good thing, no? I really doubt there are 2 ABL and EBG queued all time in some matchup (bar reset) for the ammount of qqing we see about the mere presence of DBL when you are not forced to play it.

Kawagima / Kelvena Riverstream / Calamis Fatima / Hanna Flintlocke
WvW Rank 3800 (Platinum Veteran) – PvP Rank 69 (Shark) – 25,9k Achievment Points
Mërcenaries [Sold] – Ferguson’s Crossing

Desert Borderlands Vote

in WvW

Posted by: Swagger.1459

Swagger.1459

Get over these “get rid of dbl” complaints and unofficial polls… This map was voted in and it’s not going away. Voting in dbl also meant there is a possibility of another unique bl map being added.

Move on peeps.

New Main- 80 Thief – P/P- Vault Spam Pro

221 hours over 1,581 days of bank space/hot pve/lion’s arch afk and some wvw.

Desert Borderlands Vote

in WvW

Posted by: Drakz.7051

Drakz.7051

Move on, like all the people who left because they didn’t like DBL xD

Desert Borderlands Vote

in WvW

Posted by: XTR.9604

XTR.9604

There are 3 other maps to play in, so I don’t care if it stays or goes. But I won’t personally play on it until they fix the gimmicky center of the map with the stealth/cripple and things popping up in front of you randomly. Once they get rid of that stuff and add something like the ruins for borderlands bloodlust to the map, I think it will be perfectly viable and I won’t mind playing on it.

Asphyxia [XT] – Crystal Desert & Fort Aspenwood Roamer
Twitch Stream – AsphyxiaXT
My Builds at XtremeTheory.com