Desolation - Augury Rock - Blacktide

in WvW

Posted by: Zorlak.7926

Zorlak.7926

So every night/morning now the same thing has happened.
EB gets fully captured, Blacktide rallies all their WvW players in one zerg, they go to the borderlands and start capturing our upgraded keeps and taking our orbs and there’s nobody defending. Why? Because the few Europeans that are still on are spread out across all the borderlands and EB.
They’re not taking everything because they’re better or that they have more players online.
They’re taking everything because they have everyone gathered and just steamroll through everything with 4 rams per gate which means a gate falls within a minute.

The only way I see this being stopped is if RUIN has their eyes on the borderlands or if someone in the borderlands contacts a RUIN commander so they can quickly come to the defence of the keep. I honestly don’t think we have enough Europeans on to stop this zerg so we would need the help of RUIN.

If we are to succeed to getting into tier 1 and have a fighting chance our guilds, but not only the guilds, all the players too, need to co-operate. We’re a server together and everything anyone does, affects the server. We’re in it together.

I rarely play in EB, I stick to the borderlands but I feel that because we do exceptionally well during the night in EB, the other servers are pushed out and are given free rampage on the borderlands due to the fact that most of our players are in EB since they worked hard to capture everything, it’s not something you do with a handful of people.
Had everything gone my way, we would capture enough in EB to make it “easy” to defend and then secure the borderlands and if nothing else is going on, continue our rampage in EB until something happens in the borderlands(to the keeps that is) and we move over there to stop the zerg from getting our stuff for free.
What I’m talking about pretty much only applies to night/morning European time as that is when I mainly play.

As I am not in a guild myself I do not know how the communication is between the guilds. But I hope they try to work something out in terms of WvW strategy as a good alliance will be required to get into and break tier 1.
I wish we had a “Desolation Forum/Site”, a forum/site where guilds could easily recruit, talk strategy and work as an alliance instead of guilds working alone. Maybe there is and I’m just too stupid not to know about it. All I think is that Desolation could greatly benefit from a forum like that.

I write this at 7:49 AM and I am very tired so my post will include grammar errors, spelling errors, logical flaws, kittened up sentences and more.

*tl;dr I want us to stop giving Blacktide free keeps.

I just find it very annoying that we capturing everything during the night and upgrade to lose it all to a zerg with no opposition whatsoever.
Good night Desolation and I say this again, glad to have you RUIN people here.
Everything I say is not to be taken as the truth.

Zorlak – Warrior [JuG] Desolation EU

(edited by Zorlak.7926)

in WvW

Posted by: dDuff.3860

dDuff.3860

The way you get it through the night is the way you lose it in the mornings

Faeleth

in WvW

Posted by: ako.8973

ako.8973

dirty nightcappers versus dirty daycappers

Big Picture
Desolation ~ Just the [Tip]

in WvW

Posted by: Eddict.9867

Eddict.9867

To be fair we held the point lead most of yesterday

Don Protection
The Unnamed [ThUn]
Blacktide

in WvW

Posted by: MagnusLL.8473

MagnusLL.8473

You joke, but this is essentially what’s happening and it’ s incredibly boring. Blech.

Anyway, we at Deso need an asian shift now if we want to compete in T1. Ruin is a powerful addition but the maps in the early mornings of the work days are completely empty, as evidenced by the russians doing the complete 600 points+ capping routine (btw, do you people in Russia never work? I can understand the 3 hours difference but jesus… at 11-12 AM you’re supposed to be at the workplace anyway :P). And we could also use some more people at prime time; I’ve yet to experience a moment, during this whole week matchup, when I could not enter WvW because all 4 maps had queues.

in WvW

Posted by: ako.8973

ako.8973

any server that wants to be competitive at the top of the table needs 24/7 coverage, we’ve always been low on numbers during eu daytime.

Big Picture
Desolation ~ Just the [Tip]

in WvW

Posted by: Brunners.7251

Brunners.7251

You held the point lead while the majority of our server was at work or sleeping.

I noticed a quick trend as soon as people started turning up you lost points at a rapid pace after about 7.30/8pm. We didn’t catch up for a little bit because you just had so many, but still.

Acadamey Gaming EU [AG] twitch.tv/brunners90

in WvW

Posted by: Kaboom.8632

Kaboom.8632

You held the point lead while the majority of our server was at work or sleeping.

I noticed a quick trend as soon as people started turning up you lost points at a rapid pace after about 7.30/8pm. We didn’t catch up for a little bit because you just had so many, but still.

Actually we didn’t start dropping in points until around 10-11pm, when both servers started to increase in numbers and people went off to bed on our side

in WvW

Posted by: radekas.6521

radekas.6521

Well having 3 orbs would surely help with that. Anyway this starts to look bad for Desolation. If we won’t be able to retake most of our keeps and towers earlier than 11pm EU time, we may even lose this.

Raddeh – Desolation

in WvW

Posted by: Genev.2450

Genev.2450

You’ll likely still win, but it’ll be a close on.
Closer than you expected!

But yeah, we started dropping in points later than we expected as well, pleasant surprise really And quite pleased with how well we did in the Borderland we were in. Not only did we have some good/fun fights, I Think it was also the last one to start falling.

in WvW

Posted by: Raap.9065

Raap.9065

Right now the game simply favours the server that is the last to hold everything before people have to go to work, ect.

Deso might cap things at night, but we can only hold it for a few hours, then the Russians take over and hold them the entire morning and afternoon since we got no players on at those hours. This is something unique that only Blacktide will be able to pull off because of their high number of Russian players which no other server has.

Desolation gets home from work to then have an uphill battle against fully upgraded holdings and 3 orbs. This takes a long time to retake, just as it did when the french (vizunah and arborstone) took it during the night when we had no night crew yet.

The situation would have likely been reversed if Deso was the only server in the matchup to have a non-EU timezone playerbase. The match could have been interesting if all three servers only had EU and NA timezone players, but now we face the strange situation where (by EU standards) Deso has nightcapping, Blacktide has morning capping, and AR only has a daytime force. This puts Blacktide at a strong advantage during EU primetime, simply by game mechanics.

But, this is the way Arenanet will keep it. And this is something we all have to deal with… So… WTB Asian force.

Swift Mending – Guardian
Thorny Scrub – Thief
Desolation

in WvW

Posted by: Ajaxx.3157

Ajaxx.3157

Just have 3 world servers. Done.

All times zones covered.

Ajaxx – Warrior – [JuG] – Desolation [eu]

http://www.twitch.tv/irajaxx

in WvW

Posted by: Radar.1827

Radar.1827

You joke, but this is essentially what’s happening and it’ s incredibly boring. Blech.

Anyway, we at Deso need an asian shift now if we want to compete in T1. Ruin is a powerful addition but the maps in the early mornings of the work days are completely empty, as evidenced by the russians doing the complete 600 points+ capping routine (btw, do you people in Russia never work? I can understand the 3 hours difference but jesus… at 11-12 AM you’re supposed to be at the workplace anyway :P). And we could also use some more people at prime time; I’ve yet to experience a moment, during this whole week matchup, when I could not enter WvW because all 4 maps had queues.

All 4 maps had queues last night at prime time, it took 30 mins for me to get into a borderland and an hour to get 2 full guild groups in.

Radars
Guild Leader of [UK]Desolation
Level 80 Asura Engineer

in WvW

Posted by: damonsmithies.8236

damonsmithies.8236

Just wanted to say thank you for last nights battles. Taking Stonemist from Deso was not easy as god kitten they put up a hard fight.

Also – The ruin ‘bubble of love’ outside the northern gate, was epic, that worked well – until we joined you in the bubble letting off all our knockback and AOE’s, continuing to chase you down the hill in our own ‘huddle of love’.

Fun fun times! Thanks <3

[DkR] Dark Reavers – Blacktide
Jellyfist — Ranger
Jellywar — Warrior

in WvW

Posted by: Ajaxx.3157

Ajaxx.3157

Lets all move to the bottom WvW server. for FUN

Ajaxx – Warrior – [JuG] – Desolation [eu]

http://www.twitch.tv/irajaxx

in WvW

Posted by: Snort.3698

Snort.3698

As a new transfer to Blacktide, I am enjoying the fights so far.
Yesterday was our First full day of pvp on Blacktide. I had a rare Monday of work so was on from noon till midnight BST.

A few things struck me:

I had been apprehensive about the community having moved from Gunnars hold where we had good relationships with the decent players. However I have found this server very friendly. Although I still miss some of out allies on GH.

Having moved over when we were over 60K points behind, I was ready to lose this match up but they way yesterday went, we can hold 2nd place and possibly push for a win late in the week. If we cant make a comeback we are in a good place for next week, as we have a few people still to transfer and we have yet to get to know the players on our new server.

Having a force that active when we are offline is a huge asset. On GH we were competitive between 6 pm and 11pm but outside we didn’t have a presence. We addressed that with a move to Blacktide and now many of the time slots are busy.

Ideally we need to attract an American guild or two for true 24/7 coverage. I have liked what I have seen of Ruin, perhaps now they have moved to EU servers they need a quick hop over to Blacktide As the new official Irish server I am sure I have some Irish american cousins we can entice over.

The queues are no more than 5 minutes long yet Blacktide seems to have a decent presence for large tracts of the day.

Blacktide is still a work in process, they new guilds who moved over are just beginning to get to know the war band leaders of the other guilds. it will probably take a week or so for us to get things organised.

The standard of the average pug players is very good, people are generous with their siege weapons!

In the evenings after 8 pm our numbers do seem to reduce. We probably need another EU guild that pays 6-11pm to Bolster this slot. It was a peasant surprise that we held the score advantage(Albeit a small one) for the majority of the ticks between 6 and midnight.

We spent the day in Desolation borderlands and I suspect the forces we faced were not amongst the organised groups from Deso or AR.

Snort
Warband Leader – The Unnamed.

Snorth Tufmudda – The UnNamed _ThUn.
Project Blacktide 24/7 http://tinyurl.com/a3unn9b

in WvW

Brunners.7251

We spent the day in Desolation borderlands and I suspect the forces we faced were not amongst the organised groups from Deso or AR.

Snort
Warband Leader – The Unnamed.

I can confirm, as a Deso member, that I believe IRON and their alliance were in AR borderlands yesterday while RUIN were in EB, so you’re right in saying you did not face either of our two biggest guilds in force.

When I was in Deso borderlands last night we didn’t even have a commander in, which was highly unusual. Last night was weird, even for our activity standards, just didn’t seem to be anyone on till really late.

in WvW

Posted by: lepri.6504

lepri.6504

Blactide is truly unique with its tz coverage. Daycapping can be really powerfull if it is supported by decent primetime defence. We are trying to show nightcapping can be beaten without bigger nightcapping zerg, but Deso had a very big point lead during weekends, it will be hard to overcome that but I am sure about one thing, I will have great fun trying to catch up with Deso.

Blacktide>>Yafes>>Asura Engineer

in WvW

Posted by: MagnusLL.8473

MagnusLL.8473

We should actually merge deso and blacktide populations to achieve true 24/7 coverage. Even then we would have some time slots without full 666 coverage as I do not think either Ruin or the russians can field so many at once during their “work shifts”.

This scoring system is so stupid…

in WvW

Posted by: Deep Star.6541

Deep Star.6541

Lol CIR & Unnamed at Blacktide now. Good old warhammer times back. Although you fools should stop zerging like scrubs with russians at FS/Blacktide and join Seafarer’s Rest.

We proudly reached tier 2 by crushing stuff EU prime time while being medium populated with barely close to no night crew going on. Only other server to achieve that is Arbostone.. but they have a massive night crew time capping 100% of the map during night

Regards from Sej here.

Riviére, Select Start, Cmnd Ctrl, Uninteresting Event @ Three Steps Ahead [Oz]

in WvW

Posted by: lepri.6504

lepri.6504

@pedrst
I respect people in SR but not expected such low insults from someone from there. I still want to meet SR in battelfield and have fun together without flaming. I like your fighting will.
I want to make something clear, its impossible to stay in high tier with wide tz coverage, I remember someone from SR told they have a US guild recently transfered, I do not have if they are good enough or not but without tz coverage its virtually impossible to reach high tier. People claiming not to have night/day cappers on high tier battles either liars or little bragging kids. Our old server was in the same tier you are in right now just few weeks ago and we lost horribly because of lack of will, caused by night capping.
I do not accuse any server of abusing nightcapping, I never do but this is a sad reality we must accept.

Blacktide>>Yafes>>Asura Engineer

in WvW

Posted by: Deep Star.6541

Deep Star.6541

@pedrst
I respect people in SR but not expected such low insults from someone from there. I still want to meet SR in battelfield and have fun together without flaming. I like your fighting will.
I want to make something clear, its impossible to stay in high tier with wide tz coverage, I remember someone from SR told they have a US guild recently transfered, I do not have if they are good enough or not but without tz coverage its virtually impossible to reach high tier. People claiming not to have night/day cappers on high tier battles either liars or little bragging kids. Our old server was in the same tier you are in right now just few weeks ago and we lost horribly because of lack of will, caused by night capping.
I do not accuse any server of abusing nightcapping, I never do but this is a sad reality we must accept.

Haha, i was not insulting Blacktide or anything. Infact i mentioned them since i know a couple of players/guild from Warhammer Online. Don’t take it personally please

In fact yes, an US guild called Apollo rolled to SR to try cover some of the night time, but they’re hardly 20 people strong and cannot even hold a borderlands on their own against the major servers with 24h coverage.

I still hope that Anet does something with the scores to reflect more actual fighting then PvEing. But we’ll see.

Riviére, Select Start, Cmnd Ctrl, Uninteresting Event @ Three Steps Ahead [Oz]

in WvW

Posted by: Snort.3698

Snort.3698

pedrest wasnt being insulting. he was just teasing some guilds he Know from Warhammer. Both Thun and CIr were in the same alliance om Karak Norn in Warhammer online.

I have been ressing CIR members for many years now.

Snorth Tufmudda – The UnNamed _ThUn.
Project Blacktide 24/7 http://tinyurl.com/a3unn9b

in WvW

Posted by: Vayra.3290

Vayra.3290

Lol CIR & Unnamed at Blacktide now. Good old warhammer times back. Although you fools should stop zerging like scrubs with russians at FS/Blacktide and join Seafarer’s Rest.

We proudly reached tier 2 by crushing stuff EU prime time while being medium populated with barely close to no night crew going on. Only other server to achieve that is Arbostone.. but they have a massive night crew time capping 100% of the map during night

Regards from Sej here.

I think we’ll pass, we need some good guilds to fight against you know, can’t have all of them on one server. :P

The Unnamed[ThUn] – Desolation
Vayra – Elementalist
Forkrul Assail – Mesmer

in WvW

Posted by: Uder.9187

Uder.9187

Could someone please link the points etc atm? I´m stuck at work and won´t be able to login later, but i´m dieing to see the points!

Thx!

The Iron Triangle – Desolation
Leina Shade | Svea Lightbringer | Maximus Ironhide | Mara Deathblossom

in WvW

Vayra.3290

Could someone please link the points etc atm? I´m stuck at work and won´t be able to login later, but i´m dieing to see the points!

Thx!

http://mos.millenium.org/matchups/
Last update 30 min ago for our matchup

Vayra – Elementalist
Forkrul Assail – Mesmer

in WvW

Posted by: Elkantar.9460

Elkantar.9460

Seefarers are decent and hard enemys While we could hold our own third or push a bit against them they normally destroyed the the other Faction…

I love them, they are very good and disciplined most of the time especially the FU Alliance and all those Guilds in it. I just hope that Rise stopped to try the Jump Exploit against our Enemys

When we wouldnt have the same Primetime i would be glad to have those Guys on my Side ^^.

Charakter: Kindron
Server: Kodash

in WvW

Posted by: Uder.9187

Uder.9187

Vayra, thank you so much, what a great site! Didn´t know it´s possible to read out the data! Blacktide is catching up on us…

The Iron Triangle – Desolation
Leina Shade | Svea Lightbringer | Maximus Ironhide | Mara Deathblossom

in WvW

Brunners.7251

Blacktide have gained about 11k on us today, from what I can tell. I think this is going to be close.

If it stays this way with an 11k a day gain they will win.

in WvW

Posted by: lin.2814

lin.2814

Match-up [Ruin]ed :< I guess its time to fight for a second place.

Agree ^^

in WvW

Brunners.7251

Agree ^^

How’s the matchup ruined? You could very easily win this match-up, at this rate.

in WvW

Posted by: DavidMonthen.4398

DavidMonthen.4398

Thanks for all the good fights today, Blacktide. I gotta go for now, but I’ll be back on later hoping to finally push you completely back. Didn’t see many french today, no idea where they are at. Mh.

- Bloodsteel

Commander – Kaargoth Bloodsteel
Gunnars Hold – [RUN]
www.run-guild.com

in WvW

Vayra.3290

Agree ^^

How’s the matchup ruined? You could very easily win this match-up, at this rate.

Indeed, never give up until the match is over. Loving this match-up.

Vayra – Elementalist
Forkrul Assail – Mesmer

in WvW

Brunners.7251

Deso really needs a daytime presence We’ve got the evening and night time covered pretty well but we’ve been brutal during the day these past couple of days.

Either that or Blacktide has an unusually large number of unemployed people :P

in WvW

Genev.2450

Seems some Desolation aren’t happy about us moving and providing you guys with a challenge in a tier you didn’t expect one.
Tough luck! And I’m glad to see most do appreciate the fight

Brunners: In my case, I’m a social sciences student at university, I pretty much have class 4 hours a week :p

in WvW

Brunners.7251

I don’t think people are upset about you providing a challenge, I think people are upset that you’re providing a challenge at a time when most Deso players are away :P

Last night things started evening out after 5/6pm, although you had such a big lead it took a while to show it.

in WvW

Genev.2450

I like to think we’re also providing a challenge when you guys do come online
And will do so even more when all the guilds get settled in

But this guy seems angry that we’ve left another server, comparing us to the glorious IRON (of which he is not a member, and i believe him, IRON people seem to like that they’ve got more people to fight) which stuck to the server through high and low, impressing the equally mighty RUIN :p

(edited by Genev.2450)

in WvW

Posted by: radekas.6521

radekas.6521

Things are going really bad for Desolation. Borderlands are getting kitten all day long and BG has no commanders so people just run mindlessly. We aren’t even pressuring Backtide and our attack on SM was quite bad. Not sure if this can be saved.

Raddeh – Desolation

in WvW

Brunners.7251

Where have IRON disappeared too? I haven’t seen them at all today…

in WvW

Posted by: lin.2814

lin.2814

They on borders.

in WvW

Genev.2450

We’re seeing them in AR

in WvW

Genev.2450

Did you guys just crash en masse too?

Edit: Seems AR went down o.O

in WvW

Posted by: MajorKong.8095

MajorKong.8095

We just had a battle so large that the server crashed.

MajorKong
Human Elementalist -The Iron Triangle [IRON]
My WvW review

in WvW

Brunners.7251

Seemingly it’s only the AR borderland as well, oddly.

in WvW

Posted by: Starscream.7803

Starscream.7803

Ok, own up, who broke AR borderlands?

in WvW

Posted by: Gray.3725

Gray.3725

I’m too awesome for WvW appearantly, sorry for the server breaking

Gray Hatheon – 80 Warrior
Legacy of Raiders – [LoR] – Currently recruiting, message me or whisper ingame.
Desolation

in WvW

Genev.2450

Ok, own up, who broke AR borderlands?

ThUn, CIR, IRON, and a bunch of Deso guilds worked together for this I’d say :p

in WvW

Posted by: Shtra Quo.1932

Shtra Quo.1932

Them perhaps? I hope that everybody was thrown out.

Attachments:

Freck – You’ve been desolated!

in WvW

Posted by: Raap.9065

Raap.9065

The Mesmers did it with their Elite skill “Portal Zerg to Server Location”.

Now that we’re all here complaining about it. Blacktide you ARE aware those trebs can’t be hit even with ballistas, right? How fair is that? You got us pinned down because of a terrain exploit, we can’t leave the keep, are you enjoying that?

Additionaly someone reported seeing russian mesmers teleport infront of them out of nowhere and pop portals, south side of AB, which never got breached.

Swift Mending – Guardian
Thorny Scrub – Thief
Desolation

(edited by Raap.9065)

in WvW

Brunners.7251

The Mesmers did it with their Elite skill “Portal Zerg to Server Location”.

Now that we’re all here complaining about it. Blacktide you ARE aware those trebs can’t be hit even with ballistas, right? How fair is that? You got us pinned down because of a terrain exploit, we can’t leave the keep, are you enjoying that?

Additionaly someone reported seeing russian mesmers teleport infront of them out of nowhere and pop portals, south side of AB, which never got breached.

They’ll probably just claim that those mesmers have been there hours waiting.