Desolation - Augury Rock - Blacktide

in WvW

Posted by: Superlol.3741

Superlol.3741

Them perhaps? I hope that everybody was thrown out.

Trebing the gate > mesmer gets inside > ports us in.
I don’t see the problem in that picture

Ballistas CAN hit those trebs if you know how to place them.

[CIR] – Blacktide

(edited by Superlol.3741)

in WvW

Posted by: radekas.6521

radekas.6521

Can we get some serious commander in Eternal BG? We really need some leadership there.

Raddeh – Desolation

in WvW

Posted by: lin.2814

lin.2814

Additionaly someone reported seeing russian mesmers teleport infront of them out of nowhere and pop portals, south side of AB, which never got breached.

Russians dont played on this map and they sleeping already.
This is Thun, Sir, Drk,WiC and other guilds time )

Ask them about it , but im thing that all was fair.

(edited by lin.2814)

in WvW

Posted by: Daiva.2394

Daiva.2394

You guys are aware that we breached your gates a while before I logged off (and that was more than an hour ago). Newsflash: the mesmer who gets in can walk somewhere else and place a portal there.

Apart from that: thank you for the good fights thus far.

[CIR] — Blacktide
Dai Va — Necromancer
Dae Va — Elementalist

in WvW

Posted by: DjacK.3456

DjacK.3456

This is aimed at Raap btw

Them perhaps? I hope that everybody was thrown out.

Trebing the gate > mesmer gets inside > ports us in.
I don’t see the problem in that picture

Ballistas CAN hit those trebs if you know how to place them.

Indeed, please know what your talking about before claiming people and guilds exploit lol.. If you know where to place ballistas you wouldnt be complaining. But as seen as you don’t and you don’t know the facts / truth / tactics people are then cheating or exploiting…

in WvW

Posted by: Kees.2573

Kees.2573

Lin, we still have major presence on BGs. Chaos never sleeps

2 other guys, especially from Desolation, stop crying about mesmers, terrain exploits etc. ThUn are skilled enough to organize such tricks. If you cant do the same, then search problem in yourself.

Epika, [Chaos]

(edited by Kees.2573)

in WvW

lin.2814

2 other guys, especially from Desolation, stop crying about mesmers, terrain exploits etc. ThUn are skilled enough to organize such tricks. If you cant do the same, then search problem in yourself.

15 peoples on map ?)

in WvW

Posted by: MajorKong.8095

MajorKong.8095

This is insane reasoning. Are you seriously suggesting we should exploit because some members on the others team do?

MajorKong
Human Elementalist -The Iron Triangle [IRON]
My WvW review

in WvW

Posted by: Genev.2450

Genev.2450

I think he’s suggesting that things which might look as exploits to some are simply tricks they don’t know, or havent noticed aspects of when set into motion

Also, Raap, considering every server we’ve played against so far puts trebs on that spot, or at least tried, and we have both attacked and defended makes me surpirsed you didn’t know about that location Or the counter for it.
Why did you think we were hovering around the bottom of the garrison? Wasn’t just because we’re so pretty, also so we could intercept any attempts at putting down ballistas

(edited by Genev.2450)

in WvW

MajorKong.8095

I think he’s suggesting that things which might look as exploits to some are simply tricks they don’t know, or havent noticed aspects of when set into motion

Ah, I thought the “terrain exploit” being talked about was players glitching into keeps not that trebuchet location up at garrison. Placing a trebuchet there is completely legit in my opinion, although perhaps it’s something ArenaNet will need to balance. That said, anyone bypassing fortifications is clearly cheating (excluding hiding mesmers and similar).

MajorKong
My WvW review

in WvW

Posted by: Brunners.7251

Brunners.7251

/raise eyebrow
Hiding mesmers is cheating?

That’s another thing we’ve seen from every single server, and one of the reasons we consistently do mesmer sweeps after capping. If you honestly think that’s cheating, you’re going to cry “Cheat! Exploit!” every single matchup :/

Was us trebbing down the gate of Bay and having a mesmer manage to run in unseen, port and get us in (after which we exterminated all your siege and the server crashed :p) also cheating?

No, he said EXCLUDING mesmers, meaning the mesmer stuff isn’t cheating.

Acadamey Gaming EU [AG] twitch.tv/brunners90

in WvW

Genev.2450

Oh, gah, sorry, read wrong.

My excuse is that I’m on painkillers atm >_<

in WvW

Genev.2450

I apologised, please stop recording my error for the internet to see :p

in WvW

Posted by: Syndic.4762

Syndic.4762

CIR, ThUn, DkR and 7-8 other smaller WvW guilds transferred over to Blacktide from Gunnar’s Hold on Sunday.

Speaking for CIR, I’m very happy with the good fights we’ve been getting from Desolation and Augury Rock. IRON seems like the most organized opposition, playing against you in Desolation borderlands and Augury Rock borderlands was very fun and rewarding.

Blacktide’s only weak-point is the NA east-coast timezone, between the EU prime crew going to bed and the XAOC swarm descending upon our unsuspecting and often slumbering enemies.

We’ll do our best to give you a run for your money, shame we didn’t transfer before the match-up started so we missed the whole weekend feeding frenzy. Hope to see you again in a few match-ups.

[CIR]
Blacktide

in WvW

Posted by: Snort.3698

Snort.3698

Additionaly someone reported seeing russian mesmers teleport infront of them out of nowhere and pop portals, south side of AB, which never got breached.

So you sit there and see a Mesmer and think oh no an exploit. That’s the easy option.
now lets see what really happened.

Consider this a gift from the ThUn trick bag for all the good fights you give us.

The mesmer was a ThUn Mesmer, dutch I believe not Russian.

After the door was taken down at bay we were sitting out side deciding how to deal with the wall of siege weapons behind the door.

We decided to feint for the door and have 3 Mesmers try to stealth in, they broke for the door as we seemed to retreat for Garrison with CIR. We are pursued by some defenders who left a hole behind them. 2 Mesmers died but one got in.

We then broke right and swam south to wait for the call from the Memser.

He having been spotted kited 3 players to the south wall where he ported us in. We then pushed for the siege weapons from accross the internal bridge. Desolation forces over reacted to us and pushed the bridge to stop us leaving the open gate poorly defended and CIR rushed in behind and we sandwiched you guys.

It was matter of us having a plan, some of your guys not holding the defensive postion and us having 3 mesmers in our warband.

Shortly after you guys came back onto the walls and the server went splat.

People have to realise that there are far fewer exploits in this game than the average player imagines.

Simply apply Occams razor, your defenders made a mistake chasing kills and a Mesmer stealthed by you.

Moral of the story dont kill chase.

Snorth Tufmudda – The UnNamed _ThUn.
Project Blacktide 24/7 http://tinyurl.com/a3unn9b

(edited by Snort.3698)

in WvW

Posted by: Offski.4897

Offski.4897

So you sit there and see a Mesmer and think oh no an exploit. That’s the easy option.
now lets see what really happened.

Consider this a gift from the ThUn trick bag for all the good fights you give us.

The mesmer was a ThUn Mesmer, dutch I believe not Russian.

After the door was taken down at bay we were sitting out side deciding how to deal with the wall of siege weapons behind the door.

We decided to feint for the door and have 3 Mesmers try to stealth in, they broke for the door as we seemed to retreat for Garrison with CIR. We are pursued by some defenders who left a hole behind them. 2 Mesmers died but one got in.

We then broke right and swam south to wait for the call from the Memser.

He having been spotted kited 3 players to the south wall where he ported us in. We then pushed for the siege weapons from accross the internal bridge. Desolation forces over reacted to us and pushed the bridge to stop us leaving the open gate poorly defended and CIR rushed in behind and we sandwiched you guys.

It was matter of us having a plan, some of your guys not holding the defensive postion and us having 3 mesmers in our warband.

Shortly after you guys came back onto the walls and the server went splat.

People have to realise that there are far fewer exploits in this game than the average player imagines.

Simply apply Occams razor, your defenders made a mistake chasing kills and a Mesmer stealthed by you.

Moral of the story dont kill chase.

Great tactics mate, completely bamboozled our defences there. As a Mesmer I explained that it is not too difficult to get inside an open wall. Thanks for the tips btw.

Anyway that was amazingly good timing for us that the server died at that point, we will never know who would of won that fight on the wall (probably the sheer numbers fighting in the one spot caused the crash, as AR were joining the party as well at that point).

Shame really, have the feeling the battle for AB would of been one epic fight.

Offski
Necromancer – Sanctum of Rall[IRON]
http://www.iron-gaming.com/

(edited by Offski.4897)

in WvW

Snort.3698

Thanks i was proud of it, I love trying new tactics in WvW. It worked well as it made you guys move from being proactive in defence to being reactive to our presence where you didnt expect it.

The Mesmer worked his kitten off to stay alive and the guys moved well to get to south wall teleport point as fast as possible. A lot of out moves are just communication and speed and lots and lots of shouting.

I think it was the sheer numbers that crashed it.

I was right at back when you hit our line. I saw nothing. Then i was dead. When I looked around we were bunched you were pushing us and CiR were hitting you in the rear.

Then bye bye server.

Interestingly my voice coms crashed too, some sort of packet issue perhaps?

On a different matter, Blacktide has an opening for an EU guild and a lareg US contingent, Iron and Ruin are welcome to transfer over.

in WvW

Posted by: severin.9812

severin.9812

On a different matter, Blacktide has an opening for an EU guild and a lareg US contingent, Iron and Ruin are welcome to transfer over.

It seems that RUIN transfered to Desolation hoping to be a night crew to help with a 24/7 force so they could fight in the top tier, and while they do seem to do well at EU off times they will not help Desolation contend in the next bracket because in EU prime time they will get destroyed…. however as you suggested if they were on Blacktide then Blacktide would deff become a 24/7 powerhouse which.. as I see it.. Desolation is simply not.

I would actually enjoy seeing a different large American guild come to Blacktide for the next matchup vs Desolation (I am sure that there are some American guilds that would also love to battle vs RUIN).

in WvW

Posted by: RamzaBehoulve.5640

RamzaBehoulve.5640

It seems that RUIN transfered to Desolation hoping to be a night crew to help with a 24/7 force so they could fight in the top tier, and while they do seem to do well at EU off times they will not help Desolation contend in the next bracket because in EU prime time they will get destroyed…. however as you suggested if they were on Blacktide then Blacktide would deff become a 24/7 powerhouse which.. as I see it.. Desolation is simply not.

I would actually enjoy seeing a different large American guild come to Blacktide for the next matchup vs Desolation (I am sure that there are some American guilds that would also love to battle vs RUIN).

It’s doubtful Ruin would ever move to Blacktide. Last night on TS, they discussed about recruiting Australian guilds and make Desolation the Commonwealth coalition server.

Once Desolation starts reorganizing after the transfers in and out of this week, the overall presence should be much higher.

The problem, as I see it though, is that we are all transferring all over the place to make a few, let’s say top 9 super servers with 24/7 coverage while we are leaving anything below in the dust.

I guess it’s expected anyway and the PvP/WvW community will slowly start to be separated from the PvE crowd.

(edited by RamzaBehoulve.5640)

in WvW

Posted by: Attila the Hun.8569

Attila the Hun.8569

Desolation has a problem like many other servers many few manned guilds which in fact on Balcktide in our borderland i see mostly Xaoc guild with nice voicecom
fighting against pug without voicecom , ofc they perform poorly compared to 1 large guild with voicecom , our server mostly they communicate on chat which is slow and many times gets readed to late but even then as pug i think i can say there is nothing to shame about we do pretty well , some times even at pre-primetime we get greatly outmanned but things can change very fast

Woxiko (Warrior) – Mssneaky (Mesemer) – Xardd (Elementalist)
Desolation Satsugai

in WvW

Genev.2450

It’s not just Xaoc performing well on Blacktide though.
We’ve been pretty impressed by the willingmess of the pugs to listen to what is said, the lack of useless spam and their helpfulness on Blacktide.
Other guilds are also reaching out to cooperate.

in WvW

Posted by: Attila the Hun.8569

Attila the Hun.8569

It’s not just Xaoc performing well on Blacktide though.
We’ve been pretty impressed by the willingmess of the pugs to listen to what is said, the lack of useless spam and their helpfulness on Blacktide.
Other guilds are also reaching out to cooperate.

Just to give you an example how things happening daily basis on deso yesterday when we fought to take Garison in Deso borderland we took down the wall we barly had enough players then seeing the other side of garison being attacked by our server.
Yes on Balcktide is not just Xaoc big guild there are many others

Woxiko (Warrior) – Mssneaky (Mesemer) – Xardd (Elementalist)
Desolation Satsugai

in WvW

Posted by: Raap.9065

Raap.9065

Also, Raap, considering every server we’ve played against so far puts trebs on that spot, or at least tried, and we have both attacked and defended makes me surpirsed you didn’t know about that location Or the counter for it.
Why did you think we were hovering around the bottom of the garrison? Wasn’t just because we’re so pretty, also so we could intercept any attempts at putting down ballistas

You don’t understand. The Trebs that can reach the walls are destroyable with Ballistas, yes. However the Trebs you placed were put far enough away to not be targettable. They could not hit our wall either, but they could hit the gate. We’re speaking of a very small 1 meter-ish area that sits between ‘out of range of the gate’ and ‘in ballista targetting range’. You put those trebs inside of it, and we could not target them, no matter where we tried.

So you sit there and see a Mesmer and think oh no an exploit. That’s the easy option. now lets see what really happened.

I never thought anything. If you properly read my post you can read that I wrote: “Additionaly someone reported seeing”.

It’s a report in chat by someone else which in all honestly, was not entirely unlikely given the fact teleport hackers are spotted very often in WvW.

So just to clarify, I accused no one of cheating in these posts.

Swift Mending – Guardian
Thorny Scrub – Thief
Desolation

(edited by Raap.9065)

in WvW

Posted by: DjacK.3456

DjacK.3456

If you never thought anything, why post??

in WvW

Syndic.4762

@ Raab

I was putting the trebs down, you can take them out with ballista just gotta have the “sweet spot” rather then just plop down a ballista at the CP and go to town.

Alternative is to try what you guys tried, build treb on W side of Garrison and counter-treb ours.

Good fights all around, great fun!

[CIR]
Blacktide

in WvW

MajorKong.8095

I was putting the trebs down, you can take them out with ballista just gotta have the “sweet spot” rather then just plop down a ballista at the CP and go to town.

Actually that’s impossible if the trebs are placed in a certain spot a little further back than usual. Don’t get any ideas

MajorKong
My WvW review

in WvW

Posted by: radekas.6521

radekas.6521

Not sure what happened but Desolation improved GREATLY today. Yesterday at that hour we had like 100 points and Backtide 400+. Today we are leading with 200+ while Backtie is 2nd/3rd. We’ve lost an upgraded SM though and now we’re playing SM ping pong with other servers.

Raddeh – Desolation

in WvW

lin.2814

Reset russian Panda servers ? xD
I think it was De and Fr events today )

in WvW

Snort.3698

gah I am not home for another 3 hours, save me some good fights.

The last few days have been awesome.

in WvW

Posted by: kharza.3974

kharza.3974

Not sure what happened but Desolation improved GREATLY today. Yesterday at that hour we had like 100 points and Backtide 400+. Today we are leading with 200+ while Backtie is 2nd/3rd. We’ve lost an upgraded SM though and now we’re playing SM ping pong with other servers.

Very coordinated effort in WvW during the nightshift that translated into very strong positions in the morning. The “puppies” on the server did a great job in joining RUIN teamspeak and map hopping all over to counter the relentless.. and I do mean RELENTLESS XAOC/XT/Others? assaults trying to retake territory. I know I was involved in a crazy fight this morning my time in SM and had to bail to head to work, but thankfully it was right around the time the IRON folks started to login and take over. I know I sighted a couple guilds in here but it really was a server wide effort and a job well done to everyone involved. The commanders did well coordinating with each other and I think Deso is going to be a force to be dealt with, especially if we can fill that last coverage gap we have.

in WvW

Posted by: Holt.9146

Holt.9146

Scoreboard update today

Attachments:

in WvW

lin.2814

in WvW

Posted by: Chewbiduhwa.9756

Chewbiduhwa.9756

Good video lin Just out of curiosity are the clips of you dying to IRON cut out? :P

WSR Comm BBB GM
Founder of The IRON Triangle

in WvW

lin.2814

I m was nt played today ) sry .
I m farming pands whole day. )))
I cant say how mach times you dying too)

(edited by lin.2814)

in WvW

Genev.2450

Cool vid, lin!

I was thinking of recording some too, but my playstyle is slightly less active and involved – longbow Ranger :p

in WvW

Syndic.4762

Thx to GoD and all opponents from Deso & Augury rock for today’s most enjoyable WvW experience in Augury Rock borderlands. Thoroughly enjoyed the Bay keep defense.

Respect to WIC for being awesome italians from Blacktide.

[CIR]
Blacktide

in WvW

Posted by: Himitsu.3285

Himitsu.3285

@ Syndic

Hi

Himitsu from GoD here, after fighting on the Blacktide borderlands from start to yesterday and having our claimed keep up for a few days we switched to Augury Rock borderlands to help out there.
And i just want to say Blacktide did an awsome job defending AB yesterday on Augury Rock borderlands.
You guys held us off for 4 hours after we took AB and you took it back from us imidiatly while our group and Augury were fighting you for 4 hours! most of wich took place in your keep lord room.
I have never had a fight over a keep come so close and take place in the keep lord room that long and you guys held it like champs!
Specialy CIR CIF and Thun you guys were doing an awesome job and i look forward to knocking on your doors again today

Himitsu
[GoD] Gatekeepers of Desolation
Desolation

(edited by Himitsu.3285)

in WvW

Posted by: Akuma.7098

Akuma.7098

Yeah, Blacktide is very good and organized, if they had RUIN we would be left in the dust. Really this match is RUIN win generally, hats to IRON too. What we really lack is primetime presence which I dont understand because at least on EB we were strong at our prime time, but Blacktide really destroys us there. They have organised guilds and it shows. I think the rest of Deso has to step up their game if we want to match RUIN and IRON level of play.

in WvW

Snort.3698

@Himitsu

It was very good fun, you nearly had us a few times. I logged into the zone at 6.03 and we had just lost bay. The guilds ran back to south door of bay and a handy memser got us all in onto wall and we rushed the south door. We took the keep back about 5 minutes after we had lost it. We then proceeded to defend it for 4 hours of constant fights from two side.

At one stage on the outer walls ThUn would fight at the south gate against Deso, then leave CIR to hold out there alone , rush to north gate, go out push AR to the sentry below garrison, rush back to the south gate where deso were reorganised, fight there, then rush north again to get AR.

Eventually we were pushed into the inner keep. At one stage I think all 3 inner doors were down, we were in the back of the lord room with AR and Deso were on our inner wall hitting us with seige weapons

We actually started our defence poorly and had to step up our game about half way through. WiC saved our kitten there too, turning up when you had wiped most of us. I enjoy these defensive fights as my gaming style suits that sort of conservative approach. ThUn enjoy being the wall that the waves crash off, as it were.

One of our guys got a little speeded up footage.

Blacktide could really do with 2 US and one more solid EU guild to round out our playtimes. It is however already a very fun server to play on.

Fights like last night make WvW special. it makes the keep feel important with all sides wanting it.

in WvW

Posted by: Himitsu.3285

Himitsu.3285

@ Snort

Haha nice to see the battle from your side aswell and i spotted myself and some of our guys a couple of times there
And yes we did notice ( and felt ) your mesmer portal tactics quite well, props to your mesmer(s).

On a sidenote does anyone know what helmet that thief is wearing in the video above?

Himitsu
[GoD] Gatekeepers of Desolation
Desolation