Desolation WvW and Server Organization

in WvW

Posted by: Ramanthes.5916

Ramanthes.5916

Someone has to say it but…two French servers being able to field full nightzergs? Or are ALL the French people dedicated to WvWvW? Something aboot that sounds fishy… :P

in WvW

Posted by: lefteye.7890

lefteye.7890

Yesteday in the afternoon I noticed some [CaSu] (the alleged Canadian guild) in the Augury Rock zerg. No idea if that is a spoof guild, since tags are not unique, or a sign of the fact that they, or some of them, moved to the other French speaking server.

Lefteye Falconeer of Desolation
[Ajeje Clan]

in WvW

Posted by: QTRKOBRA.1827

QTRKOBRA.1827

Nice over 100 posts!

in WvW

Posted by: Raap.9065

Raap.9065

Yesteday in the afternoon I noticed some [CaSu] (the alleged Canadian guild) in the Augury Rock zerg. No idea if that is a spoof guild, since tags are not unique, or a sign of the fact that they, or some of them, moved to the other French speaking server.

Confirmed. Infact we’ve seen several Vizunah guilds play on AR in the past 2 days or so. At the same time, this is when AR started nightzerging, while previously they fielded the same numbers at night as we did.

They are most likely asking for help from VS on their french forums and teach them in the ways of lame WvW nightzerging for easy wins. But hey, if that is all they care about, then next matchup they can fight their own accounts… Oh wait.

By the way, did the last patch fix ANY of the WvW bugs and exploits as undocumented changes? I get the feeling ArenaNet is ignoring the WvW exploits as they don’t comment on them. They seem more concerned about PvE players getting gear from dungeons.

Swift Mending – Guardian
Thorny Scrub – Thief
Desolation

(edited by Raap.9065)

in WvW

QTRKOBRA.1827

Well considering the fact that there are different opinions on night capping and other issues in WvW it might take them time.

in WvW

Posted by: Glor.2485

Glor.2485

Don’t assume things, just verify it… Augury Rock never called for help, it’s quite the contrary, most of the discussions on the french forums is about the fact that they dont want to play in Tier1, since they don’t have the numbers at night to do well. I wouldn’t be surprised if guilds from VZ actually transferred on their own, VZ has the longest queues of all the europeans servers, no wonder some organized guilds choose to get away from it.

Or maybe CaSu is just trolling again

in WvW

Posted by: Demandrer.7068

Demandrer.7068

My guild is recruiting (Hidden Council) fellow WvW players- we almost have a commander- have 40+ members- a good 10+ a night but recruiting steadily.
So any of you looking for a home give Randrik a /w in game.
We have mumble and website etc.

in WvW

QTRKOBRA.1827

Don’t let this thread get lost!

in WvW

Posted by: Quentin Fields.1295

Quentin Fields.1295

My guild is recruiting (Hidden Council) fellow WvW players- we almost have a commander- have 40+ members- a good 10+ a night but recruiting steadily.
So any of you looking for a home give Randrik a /w in game.
We have mumble and website etc.

I thank you for that so revelant post on that topic my friend.

in WvW

Raap.9065

Not a lot to report. Organisation is on the same level as the past few days but I’ve started seeing a few more commanders that I haven’t seen before.

The Gunnars Hold and Augury Rock perposed alliance between the two servers seems to have set us on fire, we’ve been beating both servers the entire day, and even now at 5 AM in the morning we have about 80% of all the holdings. Common chat subject is the linking of the infamous thread where a GH ‘leading guild’ is asking AR to team up.

I haven’t seen this many Desolation players in WvW in a while…

In other news, GH Garrison keep lord is still bugged.

Swift Mending – Guardian
Thorny Scrub – Thief
Desolation

in WvW

Posted by: Chewbiduhwa.9756

Chewbiduhwa.9756

I hope when the French log on and find everything GONE. They realize that we can also night cap everything as it is not hard. I would like to say special thanks to all Desolation players that has helped myself grow as a commander, helped my guild bond, and to SHC,AA,YuM and to those who feel i should have mentioned you and i haven’t thanks to you guys to.

I look forward to taking IRON to the next level and break down more barriers with Desolation. Thanks again and love you all.

CyanideStar.

WSR Comm BBB GM
Founder of The IRON Triangle

in WvW

QTRKOBRA.1827

Anybody looking to join my guild DBG. Desolation Border Guardians, a WvW guild? Btw I’ve got an unused Tome of Influence what should I use it for?

in WvW

lefteye.7890

Wow, if CaSu moved to Augury Rock they definitely already left since they everything is Desolation this morning.
But while I am not a fan of nightcapping (or PvGates), I want to thank everybody for the epic defense of Askalion Hills last night. Possible the most amazing time I’ve had in ten years in massive PvP.

Seriously, the first time I’ve seen the whole Desolation population on a borderland act as one, without silly sword symbols on the map and stray players going around leeching karma.

Around midnight, when Gunnar blasted our south gate and Augury was already inside, just one corner away from the orb I thought we were done and STILL no one left. It was an incredible last stand, and when the smoke lifted we were still holding it. And to see everyone running supply routes right after that in order to rebuild and repair knowing they were going to come back over and over was almost moving. I don’t even know how exactly, but “epic” is the only word that truly does it justice.

Thanks everyone for taking things seriously and making everyone’s gaming experience better. Keep it up!

[Ajeje Clan]

in WvW

Posted by: DavidMonthen.4398

DavidMonthen.4398

I hope when the French log on and find everything GONE. They realize that we can also night cap everything as it is not hard. I would like to say special thanks to all Desolation players that has helped myself grow as a commander, helped my guild bond, and to SHC,AA,YuM and to those who feel i should have mentioned you and i haven’t thanks to you guys to.

I look forward to taking IRON to the next level and break down more barriers with Desolation. Thanks again and love you all.

CyanideStar.

IRON all the way!

So I take it you made it through the night then! Hows “our” Borderlands doing? I really wish there was an hourly overview available at the website. :-/ I need to know what I’m coming home to tonight!

- Bloodsteel

Commander – Kaargoth Bloodsteel
Gunnars Hold – [RUN]
www.run-guild.com

in WvW

Posted by: Nicholai.5169

Nicholai.5169

Yes. It was an excellent fight. Having everyone rally to push back the breach of the northern inner gate so many times was awsome.

Thanks to everyone who listened and followed me out on supply runs. So many randoms followed when I said I was running logistics.

Much <3 from Commander Cattlebruiser.

Cattlebruiser of SHC

in WvW

QTRKOBRA.1827

Hi everybody, I’ve created this guild after it had been increasingly difficult during our first WvW battle to organize ourselves. DBG is a guild that as we gain more members will focus on all aspects on the game, however our main focus is WvWvW.
It is an English speaking guild, members are welcome from all regions. My character is Sythus Arkane if you want to pm me and I hope you consider joining us! If you have any questions please dont hesitate to ask? we’ve got about 12 members so far!

in WvW

Posted by: elvy.9085

elvy.9085

That is the way to go.

Though what is sad I think, if you had exactly the same fight and end up losing it, you wouldn’t come and post how great it was, even if you enjoyed it, but whine about nightcapping

Anyway I am glad to see servers get organized the ‘night’ as well.

in WvW

Posted by: Rezo.4815

Rezo.4815

This is false info we actually are getting organised, for instance we have a great well organised alliance running on the Augury Rock BL with Yum,SHC,IRON and AA.

For the night is dark and full of nightcappers.
[IRON] – Desolation
The Iron Triangle

(edited by Rezo.4815)

in WvW

QTRKOBRA.1827

hey rezo sorry i just copy and pasted this post, I created it a few weeks ago no offence intended, btw how can I join the alliance with my guild?

in WvW

lefteye.7890

That is the way to go.

Though what is sad I think, if you had exactly the same fight and end up losing it, you wouldn’t come and post how great it was, even if you enjoyed it, but whine about nightcapping

We wouldn’t have posted about our successful defense if it hadn’t be successful, right?

About nightcapping, I hate it no matter who does it. Us or “you”. I think points earned between 3am and 3pm should be halved. But please let’s leave this neverending debate out of here. There’s plenty of other threads about it.

[Ajeje Clan]

in WvW

Posted by: Jiiub.7135

Jiiub.7135

I have been quite vocal against nightcaping but i personally think that if people stay up to 5am playing then awesome!! BUT I do not think its ok for people outside Europe to come here and raid our WvWvW and take it all just because their prime time is our downtime. and im fully against any all all guilds that publicly state that they do this.

Rorgash
Necromancer
[IRON] Gaming

(edited by Jiiub.7135)

in WvW

QTRKOBRA.1827

Then instead of a nightcapping team how about a night defending team? They’d defend our BL and ignore the rest (if they can get SM thats awesome) but we should only fully control our BL 100% and SM if we can. I’m hoping that DBG will be able to do this, if people dont agree (from the guild) about capping our BL at night then we’ll just defend our captured territory from night cappers. What do you guys think?

in WvW

Posted by: Wrex.6798

Wrex.6798

The night at AH will not be forgotten any time soon

The siege we had at the keep lord was awesome, the double teaming they did to try and get us and still they failed.

We really are getting more organised, we just need more people talking to each other and making plans!

Fun times

//Nox Wrex

IRON Gaming Boss.
www.Iron-Gaming.Com

in WvW

Posted by: DavidMonthen.4398

DavidMonthen.4398

We from IRON have some very dedicated members who are living in the EU and still stay up all night, mostly defending our keep, but also capping if they are in a situation to do so.

As far as I know there are no guilds in the Augury Rock BL (which we exclusively play on) who are not from the EU. (Or maybe I just have yet to encounter them.)

As stated before, we on hour part just have a group of very dedicated players who decided to take turns at defending our keep.

- Bloodsteel

Commander – Kaargoth Bloodsteel
Gunnars Hold – [RUN]
www.run-guild.com

in WvW

Posted by: Ashanae.9362

Ashanae.9362

Augury Rock should be happy they will face VS and FS next and to be honest pople on Deso still lack coordination to match those 2 so maybe its better if server stay in second pair.

in WvW

QTRKOBRA.1827

Ashanae are you in a guild? If not want to join DBG?

in WvW

Posted by: Moturdrn.2837

Moturdrn.2837

The siege we had at the keep lord was awesome, the double teaming they did to try and get us and still they failed.

Maybe you’d like to tell that to AR, considering the resistance we had when first setting up to try and go through the front door was from them

Not trying to diminish your defending at all, it was both fun and frustrating with your guys rushing back up from the South and AR coming in from the West. It just wasn’t a “hey, let’s go help AR” moment however

TLDR;
Enjoying the much more organised Desolation compared to the very start of the match. Keep it up!

Midnight Mayhem [MM] – Gunnar’s Hold
Visko Bludhaven – Level 80 Human Elementalist
Gunnar’s Hold Server Forum

in WvW

QTRKOBRA.1827

Guys who else thinks that GH is being manipulated into the alliance? I mean come on look at the facts they’ve gotten GH’s orb and most of the GH’s territory while preventing GH from taking their territory at all, look at the WvW map

in WvW

Posted by: Ashanae.9362

Ashanae.9362

Ashanae are you in a guild? If not want to join DBG?

Hey Kobra, thank you but i’m in one at this moment and i was playng for few days on Deso only as atm i’m hopping from server to server and find me new home and this is not easy unless you will join bandwagon which i don’t want to do.

I’m find some nice pople on Deso tho and i wish you good luck, maybe if i be back here somehow then i will contact with you in game.

in WvW

QTRKOBRA.1827

Good Job on getting AR’s orb of power guys!

in WvW

QTRKOBRA.1827

Guys right towards the end of this weeks matchup how about all of the major WvW make an organized alliance?

in WvW

QTRKOBRA.1827

WvW Guilds* not WvW :P

in WvW

Rezo.4815

We already have an organised alliance and we already seem to be fine on our own. We do however promote the creation of an alliance to support another borderlands.
-IRON at AR Borderland

[IRON] – Desolation
The Iron Triangle

(edited by Rezo.4815)

in WvW

Raap.9065

Ugh, tonight was just terrible, both AR borderlands and Desolation borderlands were swarmed with people not listening to leaders and just doing their own thing, and generally being worthless. I had to put another 5 or so people on my ignore list for being complete *******. People whine, b*tch and complain in chat all the time, people flat out decline orders from commanders telling them to “f*** off I play WvW my way”, and so on.

Judging by today’s score I’d assume this was happening all day.

Seems like we’re making a jump backwards again.

Honestly, all this nonsense makes me less interested in playing the game. Why can’t people that don’t intend to play properly just stay away from WvW and do PvE or something? Ugh.

Swift Mending – Guardian
Thorny Scrub – Thief
Desolation

(edited by Raap.9065)

in WvW

QTRKOBRA.1827

Guys arena net mods keep deleting the threads I made so I’ll post here. My guild has used a tome of influence and didn’t get any influence. Another player used one and we got the influence. I also think that our upgrades are bugged as well since I cannot see them appear. WTF

in WvW

Posted by: Jiiub.7135

Jiiub.7135

I joined IRON after looking around and so far they(we) haven been holding the orb and protecting the fort well, and the number of IRON members in WvWvW is quite stagering, you will see your guild mates all over in WvWvW

Rorgash
Necromancer
[IRON] Gaming

in WvW

QTRKOBRA.1827

Jiiub you left DBG? And do you mean my guild mates?

in WvW

Posted by: Ajaxx.3157

Ajaxx.3157

Desolation Boarderlands today, my god it was actually fun :P

People properly calling out in /team building seige fast, defending when people called out when the French came attacking

Now if only people would remember to get supply from camps and not keeps that are getting upgraded :P

Boarderlands is a lot more fun than eternal imo.

Back for more after dinner..

Ajaxx – Warrior – [JuG] – Desolation [eu]

http://www.twitch.tv/irajaxx

in WvW

QTRKOBRA.1827

Ajaxx are you in a guild?

in WvW

Posted by: Osicat.4139

Osicat.4139

Team <Judge> just want to thank those who joined us in our smal (and big) scale of fun pvp in the FR borderlands last night. Realy showed that even a smal guild (we only had a team of 8 ) can do some great capping and difference. Chaining mesmer time Warp help alot ofc. Also the gameplay get alot more rewarding and fun with a little organication. Extra ty to Cecilia Cambell from <Iron> and Jrc un guilded who sticked arund alot of the time.

Also in memmory of the Golem army 6 golems Build at the bottom supply camp, passing ower and by 2 towers, smaching down keep wall and mesmer portaled ower the water and smaching down keep wall. Was a epic moment.

http://i286.photobucket.com/albums/ll103/osianic/Golem.jpg

Anyone interested in new thinking smal scale social pvp have a look at our hompage or /w me or somone else in Judge to have a chatt.

www.judge-guild.net

We sticked together around 7 years as a guild by now in several MMO,s by now but always open for some fresh blood. TS ofc and english speaking.

/love Osicat

in WvW

Posted by: Osicat.4139

Osicat.4139

in WvW

Posted by: Parthis.2091

Parthis.2091

Osicat’s grammar is not representative of Judge’s [JDGE] intelligence. He is the guild simpleton… but he gives good Portal, so we keep him around.

In other news Arborstone [FR] got their nightcappin’ on. Time to take some stuffs back. Judge will be spending the majority of the week in Arborstone BL.

Commander Amayasu Gerani, Guardian.
Leader of [JDGE] on Gandara EU.
A GW2 API for Objective-C – http://tinyurl.com/durmandpriory

in WvW

Rezo.4815

Osicat that is no good golem raid, you need to learn from us at IRON
We decided on staying on AR borderlands for another week.

[IRON] – Desolation
The Iron Triangle

in WvW

Ajaxx.3157

Ajaxx are you in a guild?

Yeah, just a small guild with friends.

in WvW

Posted by: MajorKong.8095

MajorKong.8095

I wouldn’t say no organisation. My guild ([IRON]) has been very active, albeit only on a single borderlands so far. It’s true that we’ve done a lot of zerging, but that’s really because we’ve got a few commanders who can gather up randomers like kittens to catnip. That said we’ve also been defending objectives, upgrading forts, building golem armies etc

In the end it boils down to this; Desolation has a huge population and randoms will always “steal” spots away from organized guilds.

That’s often an issue at primetime, and a few weeks back it was horrible! The queue times are getting shorter now it seems.

MajorKong
Human Elementalist -The Iron Triangle [IRON]
My WvW review

in WvW

Posted by: Mezgejas.2670

Mezgejas.2670

There is some organisation, but not enough for sure. Personally i’m sitting in EB almost all the time and haven’t seen any guilds doing something there (harder to get in as a guild ) . Borderlands are bit different story and its good too see them there. Well all i’ve seen is IRON but as i’ve said i don’t spend much time there Anyway organisation isn’t one guild doing good in one borderland but all guilds interested spreading around after some communication and leading pugs. Another issue is commanders, not gonna name some of them, but few just basically zerg whatever they think is good target screaming obvious things in chat. They have power to gather pugs around, so they need to learn to use that power right. That leads to another issue – defence is almost unknown word on desolation, you know what i’m talking about. Anyway hopefully things will improve and people will start reading chats and helping where and when needed (10 solo runs from garrison to sm to build treb? ) . Lots of fun yesterday in EB and good there are random competent people ( like Bunny yesterday, then commander showed up and tbh one that i liked him/her ( forgot name ) at last ) that leads our force/helps with stuff. Let’s have fun this week

in WvW

Ajaxx.3157

@Mezgejas, thats the same problem I had. I only went into EB, but after the last few days in our boarderlands, the difference in the players you play with is night and day.

Our boarderlands yesterday was the most fun I’ve had in WvW since launch.

Much more talking/co-ordination/ planning. I’m only going EB once a day now, get jump puzzle done for seige, then back in the our boarderlands.

in WvW

Posted by: Brunners.7251

Brunners.7251

I’m in a small guild atm but I have been playing Wuvwuv for a couple of weeks now and am definitely going to be rounding up a few guild mates to provide another small guild team to help where ever we are needed.

Acadamey Gaming EU [AG] twitch.tv/brunners90

in WvW

QTRKOBRA.1827

Whats your guild Brunners?

in WvW

Posted by: Brunners.7251

Brunners.7251

We’re called Brothers of Aesir Just a small guild atm, looking to do our part in the near future

Acadamey Gaming EU [AG] twitch.tv/brunners90