"FORCED transfer of worlds" rip 10 servers

in WvW

Posted by: Blade Of Gandara.6738

Blade Of Gandara.6738

i hope changes coming on this friday… back to normal or new changes… we just want our borderlands and server name back its very annoying

Dark Jean
Athenian Knights [kYrO] Leader/Founder
Devona’s Rest Diamond Squire 8,055

in WvW

Blade Of Gandara.6738

annoying anet took away our freedom, took away our home and our names… that is very very mean….

Dark Jean

in WvW

Posted by: kefro.9312

kefro.9312

haha rip yaks, well played arena net

in WvW

Posted by: Dhemize.8649

Dhemize.8649

haha rip yaks, well played arena net

RIP Blackgate, Jade Quarry, Tarnished Coast, Dragonbrand..
RIP Maguuma, Fort Aspenwood, Sea of Sorrows…..

Server identity is no longer relevant. Forced temporary merges has destroyed any sort of server significance or pride in week “victories”. People who didn’t want to join the blobfest had no say in the matter and are being targeted for absorption into the bigger server. “Join our ts”, “get on MY tag”, etc etc. The assimilation is already underway to pick off smaller servers before they rotate off to some other unbalanced blob show. It’s really sad.

Last week was the last to care about one server beating another. Now it’s coalition blob 1 vs slightly smaller coalition blobs 2 and 3.

in WvW

Posted by: Boewulf Hawk.1863

Boewulf Hawk.1863

Having been on DR almost since the release, I have seen our server in many stages, active and almost deserted. We have fallen to the bottom of t8 and wvw was almost dead at certain points. Thanks to all of the people who stayed and kept on going forward, we have kept our identity and thought things over, rebuilt, and we have risen again, pushing forward, recruiting and climbing tiers. We have received some great transfers, and guilds from other servers were actually interested in coming to DR, as they were tired of blobs and sensless zergs. Now things are different, but I believe that server identity should absolutely be kept, as for many of us the server name is actually very important, to make this experience positive to all. And yes, DR did not chose to pair with Maguuma, as YB did not chose the AR(with respect, their server is veeery quiet). There needs to be a balance and some identity work to be done.
And yes, DR playstyle and general behaviour is very different. I know that you cannot judge the server by some stray teens running around and talking smack, however, never have I seen insults on DR maps towards anyone, and on Mag EB map there are some people that run around insulting DR left and right. On the bl, however, people were nice and rather welcoming.
And if you want to pick on DJ’s rank, you need to know better before. I have known her for a long time and know that her rank was earned not in EotM, where she went only when the wvw was dead. She is the reason why many of us stayed because she inspired us to work together. Instead of insulting her for her rank, why won’t you achieve something on your own beforehand? And learn how to be civil and develop skills that might bring you somewhere in life, instead of being hateful and venomous towards others.

(edited by Boewulf Hawk.1863)

in WvW

Posted by: Kirito.2195

Kirito.2195

One thing I will say is that it looks like there will be polling in the future to gauge our reactions to the Linking.

The unofficial WvW forums voted 52 to 7 in favor of the mergers. 55 souls undecided because they’re still stuck in queue though.

Vyrinn

in WvW

Posted by: Nusku.3941

Nusku.3941

I used to be in a medium pop server and after I moved to a highly pop server it didn’t change my perspective much. I then found myself missing my old server but over time it turns into “What the hell was I doing in such a lowly populated server?!” Though, if you have a guild you really love that you were in that threw you out, you tend to want to fight them back for kicking you out in the first place.

in WvW

Posted by: Daemonne.5018

Daemonne.5018

I’m sorry for bumping this nonsense, but I find this thread SO contradtictory after looking at Blade Of Gandara’s past posts and I feel like it just has to be called out. She made a thread just 4 months ago titled
“Requesting-free-transfer-for-servers-in-t8”

• “We need free transfer!! Or merge the servers! Pls make it happen ! Anet atleast visit t8 to see if theres anyone playing wvw. We are only active ones left and we might leave soon making the server empty.”
    (oddly enough this thread shows up in the history but apparently is deleted when you go to view it.)

And let us not forget the artfully crafted speech…

• “T8 is dead. 5 ppl on all maps for entire week..
    CAN ANET PLS DO SOMETHING ABOUT THIS ? Or do they not care at all ??? Alot have quit already and expansion just came out..
    DOES ANET EVEN VISIT T8 TO CHECK OUT WHATS HAPPENING ?”

You cried about dead game, plead for server mergers on the official forums, now you’re here complaining after Anet stepped in and did something… What?

Very valid complaints which many of us feel Anet took the wrong or extreme route on.
Many wanted lower tier servers Merged. Anet Merged low with Top, effectively engulfing the lower tiers into non-entiy.

But it’s a Beta and as long as we give out feedback, Anet will have our responses to gauge how to act next.

To answer Blade’s question about if Anet has ever been to T8, we had a visit only a couple of days ago during our Rally night on “ET”
One of my Guild leaders had a nice long conversation with Hamm.
One thing I will say is that it looks like there will be polling in the future to gauge our reactions to the Linking.

So you wanted 10 active people instead of 5? You wanted your server to still be dead? Like it or not Anet made the decisions they made in order balance* the population across the *entire game, sorry you aren’t a special snowflake.

I am unclear on who you are responding to. 10 people? That number is a bit skewed.
Blade’s numbers may be a tad under exaggerated as well. While our servers were not quite DEAD, they were in need of a population boost. Just not the kind of boost that destroys more than just a few servers.

By the way, Anet made the decision they made in order to TEST how it would balance the servers. This is by no means the end all be all, and it won’t be arbitrarily done either. Anet still plans on using player feedback. Not “unofficial” forum feedback but an actual poll of the players.
I am not sure where the 52 – 7 with 55 undecided came from that Kirito spoke of but if that is indeed the true numbers of people playing WvW then we are truly in trouble LOL

Also, These aren’t mergers. if they were then at least one of the issues of complaint would have been made moot. Server identity. As of now, all of the Guesting servers are not represented in any way in WvW. Not in name not in score. Guesting servers are not represented by Glicko from my understanding. So now the Hosting servers will move accordingly and the guesting servers will rotate out to fill the ranks of another hosting server in what, 3 months?

The main point of concern is not Queue times for WvW, no mater what the fix, there will be queue times on Reset night and most likely in EB. Most of the issues focus on a loss of identity as well as a huge change in playstyle for those who preferred low tier servers.

Bottom line though is until Beta is over on this , we will still voice our opinions because that is how we make sure Anet is aware that not everyone is okay with the decision.
Even you voice your opinion about things you don’t agree with in WvW or changes you want to see. You will continue to voice them until a fix is in place that you like whether people agree with you or not. You want to be heard by Anet that you are unhappy with the current situation.

Not everybody is going to see eye to eye. Nothing wrong with voicing our disagreement.

If you play solitaire with only one suit, your game is going to end faster and feel lacking.

in WvW

Daemonne.5018

After playing only wvw for 3 years and QUITTING THE GAME because****** of low population and even t1/t2/t3 being dead in comparison to the game mode that was so fun and vibrant in it’s first year.

I just can’t understand how you are trying to justify purposely having dead servers. Even t2 which I visited before this patch only had action during prime, the rest of the time it was dead game.

And yeah this is a TEST, trying TO **balance the servers. Not make dead servers for thin skinned folk who can’t handle embracing a new community.

ANET is finally mending my broken heart by revitalizing the WVW population and making it fun as hell again.. You are here trying to ruin that, so yes I will continue to speak out against idiots trying to sabotage an amazing game mode.

I guess there’s no having a civil conversation with someone as angry as you.

I’ll move on.

I’m not angry I’m just very passionate about this game mode and don’t want to see the recent progress reverted just because some people are so hung up on a kittening server name.

I wish they would just have the guts to come out and call them merges. Linking was a dumb term, when in fact (confirmed by a DEV quoting me when I said this) it was meant to mean “dynamic merge”.

I can understand and respect that. It’s not so much the server name that we are trying to preserve. I and others with me have no issue if servers merged and we had to give up being Erradon Terrace. It’s the change in game play many of us don’t like. It seems like one tactic now Blob or die mainly. Although that is oversimplifying the truth greatly.
Also it is the loss of identity other than just the server name. As it stands, there is no way to recruit onto our server. “Hey come join the guest server that will still offer you blob play because of the linking but no real home…” I have played GW2 since open Beta as well. LOVED the game, stopped playing for two years when life became crowded with other priorities (once your baby starts walking, you don’t get as much time to purely focus a game haha). I came back to my old friends and family in my guild and have been having a blast. We love the low tier playstyle, while at the same time wanting a little larger community to fill out WvW more. We are proud of what we built up. Nothing should be wrong with protecting that.

Now I truly cannot give you a point of view from the Top or middle tier. But from the low tier, merging T7 and T8 or even linking them to test it out in various temp mergings would have been perfect for us to at least try. I won’t pretent to tell you it would have been the perfect fix, but I surely would like to see if it would work.

Linking was done initially so that they could easily revert the changes. It would be a nightmare to fix if they had actually merged the servers only to find that it may have been a mistake. (this is paraphrasing from an Anet member we had in our ET WvW party Monday night)

I truly believe that mergers should happen. But a low tier should still be available for us who prefer the non-blob tactics of pitched battles. The one thing I personally HATE about this is hitting a tower or keep and this avoidance tactic of running when the call out of “Spotted” comes across chat. We are used to nice semi lengthy battles at the gates or walls. Not something that usually ends up with an easy roll over :-)

But I do truly understand and respect your point of view.

If you play solitaire with only one suit, your game is going to end faster and feel lacking.

in WvW

Posted by: dank.3680

dank.3680

After playing only wvw for 3 years and QUITTING THE GAME because****** of low population and even t1/t2/t3 being dead in comparison to the game mode that was so fun and vibrant in it’s first year.

I just can’t understand how you are trying to justify purposely having dead servers. Even t2 which I visited before this patch only had action during prime, the rest of the time it was dead game.

And yeah this is a TEST, trying TO **balance the servers. Not make dead servers for thin skinned folk who can’t handle embracing a new community.

ANET is finally mending my broken heart by revitalizing the WVW population and making it fun as hell again.. You are here trying to ruin that, so yes I will continue to speak out against idiots trying to sabotage an amazing game mode.

I guess there’s no having a civil conversation with someone as angry as you.

I’ll move on.

I’m not angry I’m just very passionate about this game mode and don’t want to see the recent progress reverted just because some people are so hung up on a kittening server name.

I wish they would just have the guts to come out and call them merges. Linking was a dumb term, when in fact (confirmed by a DEV quoting me when I said this) it was meant to mean “dynamic merge”.

I can understand and respect that. It’s not so much the server name that we are trying to preserve. I and others with me have no issue if servers merged and we had to give up being Erradon Terrace. It’s the change in game play many of us don’t like. It seems like one tactic now Blob or die mainly. Although that is oversimplifying the truth greatly.
Also it is the loss of identity other than just the server name. As it stands, there is no way to recruit onto our server. “Hey come join the guest server that will still offer you blob play because of the linking but no real home…” I have played GW2 since open Beta as well. LOVED the game, stopped playing for two years when life became crowded with other priorities (once your baby starts walking, you don’t get as much time to purely focus a game haha). I came back to my old friends and family in my guild and have been having a blast. We love the low tier playstyle, while at the same time wanting a little larger community to fill out WvW more. We are proud of what we built up. Nothing should be wrong with protecting that.

Now I truly cannot give you a point of view from the Top or middle tier. But from the low tier, merging T7 and T8 or even linking them to test it out in various temp mergings would have been perfect for us to at least try. I won’t pretent to tell you it would have been the perfect fix, but I surely would like to see if it would work.

Linking was done initially so that they could easily revert the changes. It would be a nightmare to fix if they had actually merged the servers only to find that it may have been a mistake. (this is paraphrasing from an Anet member we had in our ET WvW party Monday night)

I truly believe that mergers should happen. But a low tier should still be available for us who prefer the non-blob tactics of pitched battles. The one thing I personally HATE about this is hitting a tower or keep and this avoidance tactic of running when the call out of “Spotted” comes across chat. We are used to nice semi lengthy battles at the gates or walls. Not something that usually ends up with an easy roll over :-)

But I do truly understand and respect your point of view.

I think you completely misunderstand me and what is actually going on.

Let me make it perfectly clear.

THIS IS A MERGE.

The addition of the word “dynamic”, means that THE MERGE – CAN – BE – ADJUSTED – AS – NEEDED – TO – PRESERVE – POPULATION – BALANCE.

I’m sorry I know this sounds angry, it is only meant to be blunt because I am becoming frustrated.

They chose to name a “dynamic merge”, as “linking”, most likely to avoid “game is dying servers merged” panic.

#MAGSWAG: All class player. XOXO

in WvW

Daemonne.5018

I think you completely misunderstand me and what is actually going on.

Let me make it perfectly clear.

THIS IS A MERGE.

The addition of the word “dynamic”, means that THE MERGE – CAN – BE – ADJUSTED – AS – NEEDED – TO – PRESERVE – POPULATION – BALANCE.

I’m sorry I know this sounds angry, it is only meant to be blunt because I am becoming frustrated.

They chose to name a “dynamic merge”, as “linking”, most likely to avoid “game is dying servers merged” panic.

Ok. I see what you are saying, but I understood it as not truly merged, Dynamic or not, because they won’t be adjusting IF there is still a balance issue. They will be swapping “linked” servers around in 3 months regardless.

ET wont always be with BG. There’s no permanency in the design whatsoever at this stage. So Merge in any form does not fit.

Now if I am incorrect and the current servers that are tied together at this point in time are what the Dev’s have in mind for the final result then Dynamic Merge does make more sense.

Edit: I should have stated that I see what you are saying about Dynamic Merge as the servers would stay that way until of population shift “in WvW” called for a different dynamic.

(edited by Daemonne.5018)

in WvW

Blade Of Gandara.6738

some people just doesnt understand at all what is server loyalty means?…
let me explain… server loyalty is very important to some of us.
we treasure memories. we treasure the events, we treasure our friends in the server. some of these memories relates and connects us from real life stuff…
its like we are one big family. but anet took away our home… what is a family without a home??..

WE DONT GIVE A KITTEN LOW OR HIGH POPULATION SERVER AS LONG AS WE ARE IN DEVONAS REST.

we requested free transfers so some can come to our server not us going away. we requested help from anet cause we have very few people left, but we got lucky… without anet’s help.. more and more new friends coming to our server… we started rising slowly got to tier 5.. and then here comes anet ruining us instead of helping .. took our home… took our hard work of rising up… all those no sleep days and nights just playing WvW for the server… went to waste. poor us…

Dark Jean

(edited by Blade Of Gandara.6738)

in WvW

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

Now if I am incorrect and the current servers that are tied together at this point in time are what the Dev’s have in mind for the final result then Dynamic Merge does make more sense.

Anet also had a “beta” for the desert BL. Everyone gave valuable feedback as to how terrible it was. Nothing changed on release. There’s plenty of other examples (remember dungeon rewards?). So taking Anet’s past history into consideration, it’s more likely these are the final merges with at most one or two tweaks.

in WvW

Posted by: Diku.2546

Diku.2546

Proposed Solution to this Thread concerning World Link:

ANet please just email ALL Players a Free Annual World Transfer to any World Server that expires after 1 month…or whatever interval you want to Balance out WvW Server populations.

Or, specifically choose the World Server that the player would mandatorily World Transfer to if they accept, but let the Player decide if they really want to Transfer.

Yours truly,
Diku

(edited by Diku.2546)

in WvW

Posted by: Sus.3610

Sus.3610

This! 100 times THIS!

Being one that isn’t too stuck on what my server is called, I’d just like to know what server I’m on. DR is effectively dead. Our glicko is locked in. We get no credit whether our host wins or loses. We cannot move up and therefore will never be high enough to “host”. The name is gone with this system.

However, I wish they’d just say “this is a merge” so we can settle in somewhere (or transfer if that’s what people decide), get to know the new community, learn what everyone is about, without wondering if we’ll be somewhere else starting all over with someone else in a week or a month. THAT is the part of the community that is ignored with the way it is.

Cuz let’s be real…Maguuma loves me and will be devastated if I get taken away from them!

Barricka
Leader of [GIT] Git Off My Lawn
Devona’s Rest

in WvW

Posted by: Wolfvox.7854

Wolfvox.7854

Server Loyalty is important. I’m on SF and the 5 weeks BEFORE “The Linking” we got steamrolled 2 times, came in 2nd 2 times and won 1 time. Yeah it sucks getting steamrolled but it is what it is. Then comes “The Linking”. We don’t even have a Home BL. I really don’t think Anet thinks these things through. I don’t mind Zerging/Blobbing but NOT all the time. This linking did not help at all. It just discouraged a lot of people even further. There are 10 positions on a dial, Anet goes to 10 every time. The impact is always extreme. Why not start at 1 and work your way up? Why can’t POP balance problems be controlled with a really strict slot limit on each map for each server or use some NPC Mercs that could be hired through supply to offset. And I don’t mean cannon fodder NPC’s, make them 1 lvl below Champs and make them available only to the servers that are outnumbered. Gotta be something. There has to be another solution. I hope this “linking” goes away never to return. I also hope some thought/common sense goes into any future changes. Up to this point, I don’t think that has been the case at all. The changes made to the DBL maps before linking were really nice. Made it easy to get around it was fun again. Those wp’s in the keeps were huge. Never understood why from the beginning we could NEVER use them in our Home BL. Never made sense. Anet…take a deep breath and think!

in WvW

Blade Of Gandara.6738

Pls bring our server back already!! Before more quit..

Dark Jean

in WvW

Posted by: Loosmaster.8263

Loosmaster.8263

used to represent a person or animal understood, previously mentioned, or about to be mentioned whose gender is unknown or disregarded):

It is what it is. Just wanted to clear up my end.

Tacktical Killers [TK]
We’re looking for players.
PM me here or ING.

in WvW

Posted by: Norbe.7630

Norbe.7630

i know what you mean by it previously, it is you who was confused by it

lol were on the same side

Duterte Death Squad [DDS]
Gate of Madness

in WvW

Posted by: LittleAussieMozzie.7425

LittleAussieMozzie.7425

wtf is this… this is just stupid your server is untouched and is just temporary teamed up with another server… Just cause the borderland doesn’t say your server name means literally 0.. its a kittenen name.

in WvW

Posted by: neven.3785

neven.3785

I’ll just ignore these DR Jerry springer trash posts and bring up some points that are being ignored.

Low tiers suffered from constant player attrition. this is the first attempt to at least allow people to keep their communities intact while trying to do major population imbalances.

The big bad host servers don’t only blob. I generally run in a guild of 10 to 12 people on weekends and 8 on weekdays max. we play wvw how it’s meant to be played, we take stuff, we fight groups, we defend and we roam and sometimes well join a bigger fight. we can still do this with these higher pops no problem. in fact tier 3 suffered, having our opponents on more than just ebg has greatly improved our enjoyment out of the game.

Roaming wise I can still take a southern tower with 2 people, 4 people and northern towers can be possible. there are plenty of people around map not blobbing, but solo roaming has become more difficult due to more duos and trips out there.

Despite being on a host server, especially with one as notoriously obnoxious as mine, I wouldt mind if anet changed the names to match eotm to make our guests feel less taken for granted.

I also enjoy having these Dr folks on server to clog the ebg queues even more so msg can be less lazy and actually play on the BLs

These guest servers are getting more xfers now probably than the last 4 months thanks to being guaranteed active maps now. there are a lot of people in tier 1 who wanted off but didn’t want def game. in time sent will figure out glico for guests and they coukdnposisbly rise in ranks again orlower.

Also I am a big fan of bl defense, you don’t get ranks for that, you got crap all. before got I spent the majority of my game time doing this and still haven’t broke 2k ranks so op bsing about just how much they ktrain and eotm.

in WvW

Posted by: Gaige.7928

Gaige.7928

Thank god DR have people like Demon, Darkstar, and Barricka to carry their rep.

in WvW

Blade Of Gandara.6738

Yea like 5 traitors went to ETA. our guild is 490+ members…

Dark Jean

in WvW

Posted by: Moderator

[Thank you for the feedback, this thread is now closed.]