in WvW

Posted by: Dukotje.4382

Dukotje.4382

A persons WVW rank should not be used for pip acquisition. The rewarding of pips should be fair and equally rewarding to all participants.

+1 Bronze WvW Rank (150-619)
+2 Silver WvW Rank (620-1394)
+3 Gold WvW Rank (1395-2544)
+4 Platinum WvW Rank (2545-4094)
+5 Mithril WvW Rank (4095-6444)
+6 Diamond WvW Rank (6445-9999)
+7 Max WvW Rank (10000)

It is immoral and discriminates against new players.

it might be "discriminating " to new players, and yet they decided to reward the veterans of wvw by handing them more pips. just stop the QQ and concider the fact that the game has been out for 5 years, you’ve had 5 years to play WvW and now they decided to finally reward the players participating all you do is complain and QQ about the fact that it might be more rewarding for playing longer then you pve’rs that just want to get loot and gtfo… just stop complaining and go back to farm pve if you think its that unfair.

in WvW

Posted by: Turk.5460

Turk.5460

A persons WVW rank should not be used for pip acquisition. The rewarding of pips should be fair and equally rewarding to all participants.

+1 Bronze WvW Rank (150-619)
+2 Silver WvW Rank (620-1394)
+3 Gold WvW Rank (1395-2544)
+4 Platinum WvW Rank (2545-4094)
+5 Mithril WvW Rank (4095-6444)
+6 Diamond WvW Rank (6445-9999)
+7 Max WvW Rank (10000)

It is immoral and discriminates against new players.

it might be "discriminating " to new players, and yet they decided to reward the veterans of wvw by handing them more pips. just stop the QQ and concider the fact that the game has been out for 5 years, you’ve had 5 years to play WvW and now they decided to finally reward the players participating all you do is complain and QQ about the fact that it might be more rewarding for playing longer then you pve’rs that just want to get loot and gtfo… just stop complaining and go back to farm pve if you think its that unfair.

I am a veteran WvW player. And base pip gain is unfair. Get off your high horse and take a look at the bigger picture here. Its OK to defend the bonuses that vets get. Its not OK to defend the base pip gain, where someone on a losing server can potentially only get 1 pip (2 with loyalty) per 5 minutes. That is almost 8.5 hours to complete just WOOD chest.

-Fort Aspenwood- [UNIV] [TLC] [ShW]
-Sorrow’s Furnace-

in WvW

Posted by: ThunderPanda.1872

ThunderPanda.1872

You are getting it all wrong. The definition of fair is – anything that is only beneficial to myself that puts myself at an advantage over every other people.

Send me 1000g and I will stop trolling WvW forum.
I have a dream – Our Anet Senpai will make WvW Great Again!
WvW Forum is more competitive than WvW

in WvW

Turk.5460

You are getting it all wrong. The definition of fair is – anything that is only beneficial to myself that puts myself at an advantage over every other people.

fair1
fer/Submit
adjective
in accordance with the rules or standards; legitimate.
“the group has achieved fair and equal representation for all its members”
synonyms: just, equitable, honest, upright, honorable, trustworthy; More
(of hair or complexion) light; blond.
synonyms: blond/blonde, yellowish, golden, flaxen, light, light brown, ash blond More
adverb
without cheating or trying to achieve unjust advantage.

-Sorrow’s Furnace-

in WvW

Posted by: Ender.5273

Ender.5273

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

Dis·crim·i·na·tion – the unjust or prejudicial treatment of different categories of people or things, especially on the grounds of race, age, or sex.

Nothing about rewarding those who have demonstrated dedication and commitment to the game mode is unjust or prejudicial to new players, if anything it’s incentive for new players to keep at it.

in WvW

Posted by: PabbyGaul.9682

PabbyGaul.9682

The difference in rewards and time it takes dor newbies vs vets to gain them is INTENDED. Its not a mistake. It was designed that way knowing how long it will take. Working as intended.

Working as intended doesn’t always mean working best, as it was shown many, many times with anet reworking older systems, reworking pvp pips, reworking pve traits, etc. This is hardly an argument in favor or against the current system, it’s just stating what the current system is right now.
For example, in game pretty much everyone agrees that the outnumbered pip is too much. If we never discuss anything, then let’s just admit everything is perfect and be done with it.

I dunno, if I was a vet I would spend less time trying to fight my right to “play less” my main mode and instead ask bonus that benefits me directly rather

Lol. Your arguement is that it takes to long to max out pips per week. If yer low rank you werent meant to. So your arguement is like complaining “I cant solo Raid. Anet pls nerf” You arent intended to solo raid, just like low ranks arent intended to max pip track every week. It doesnt mean you cant try…

in WvW

Turk.5460

The difference in rewards and time it takes dor newbies vs vets to gain them is INTENDED. Its not a mistake. It was designed that way knowing how long it will take. Working as intended.

Working as intended doesn’t always mean working best, as it was shown many, many times with anet reworking older systems, reworking pvp pips, reworking pve traits, etc. This is hardly an argument in favor or against the current system, it’s just stating what the current system is right now.
For example, in game pretty much everyone agrees that the outnumbered pip is too much. If we never discuss anything, then let’s just admit everything is perfect and be done with it.

I dunno, if I was a vet I would spend less time trying to fight my right to “play less” my main mode and instead ask bonus that benefits me directly rather

Lol. Your arguement is that it takes to long to max out pips per week. If yer low rank you werent meant to. So your arguement is like complaining “I cant solo Raid. Anet pls nerf” You arent intended to solo raid, just like low ranks arent intended to max pip track every week. It doesnt mean you cant try…

Your comparison to difficulty of raiding is irrelevant and asinine.

Its not that lower ranks are not intended to max out every week, that would be a ridiculous design. A more accurate depiction would be: “It is not intended for lower ranks to easily max out every week.” Which I agree with, low ranks should not have it easy. However, in its current state, it is not only difficult, but almost impossible for some people. If you read my reply a few posts up, there is potential for a low-rank to have to spend 8.5 hours to only just complete wood tier. And its not like it would take another 8.5 to complete bronze- no, it would take 10 more hours. And an additional 14 hours for silver, etc. That’s an awful lot of time for such little return.

The bonuses vets get is pretty fair, that’s the general consensus now. The current design is working as indented, yes. But that’s what people are upset about, and that’s how things get changed. The base pip system is silly, unreasonable, and probably wasn’t tested properly. If people don’t voice their concerns, it won’t ever become reasonable.

Think of it this way – Settlers Amulet/Turret Engineers in PvP were working as intended. It was incredibly OP, but it was absolutely working as the developers intended it to. The customers voiced their opinions, ANET looked into it, and nerfed that crap into the ground. If nobody said anything, PvP would still be full of bunker turret engineers dominating points 1v3.

-Sorrow’s Furnace-

(edited by Turk.5460)

in WvW

PabbyGaul.9682

Dis·crim·i·na·tion – the unjust or prejudicial treatment of different categories of people or things, especially on the grounds of race, age, or sex.

Nothing about rewarding those who have demonstrated dedication and commitment to the game mode is unjust or prejudicial to new players, if anything it’s incentive for new players to keep at it.

I feel the attack on the value of my high rank rewards are being unjustly perpetrated by people prejuduced against wvw. Do I get to classify all these attempts to devalue my rewards as discrimination against me because I have a high wvw rank?

in WvW

Turk.5460

I feel the attack on the value of my high rank rewards are being unjustly perpetrated by people prejuduced against wvw. Do I get to classify all these attempts to devalue my rewards as discrimination against me because I have a high wvw rank?

Even the OP edited his post to say that the bonuses aren’t really the problem, nobody is attacking our high rank rewards, holy crap please leave, you are not contributing anything, nor are you actually reading and understanding the posts you are replying to.

-Sorrow’s Furnace-

in WvW

PabbyGaul.9682

Its not that lower ranks are not intended to max out every week, that would be a ridiculous design. A more accurate depiction would be: “It is not intended for lower ranks to easily max out every week.” Which I agree with, low ranks should not have it easy. However, in its current state, it is not only difficult, but almost impossible for some people. If you read my reply a few posts up, there is potential for a low-rank to have to spend 8.5 hours to only just complete wood tier. And its not like it would take another 8.5 to complete bronze- no, it would take 10 more hours. And an additional 14 hours for silver, etc. That’s an awful lot of time for such little return.

The bonuses vets get is pretty fair, that’s the general consensus now. The current design is working as indented, yes. But that’s what people are upset about, and that’s how things get changed. The base pip system is silly, unreasonable, and probably wasn’t tested properly. If people don’t voice their concerns, it won’t ever become reasonable.

Think of it this way – Settlers Amulet/Turret Engineers in PvP were working as intended. It was incredibly OP, but it was absolutely working as the developers intended it to. The customers voiced their opinions, ANET looked into it, and nerfed that crap into the ground. If nobody said anything, PvP would still be full of bunker turret engineers dominating points 1v3.

The idea was not to have new ranks stay low ranks. If they want more pips they need to rank up. New ranks shouldnt be pip farming and their attempts to do so are being thwarted. Most have already left. The people that stayed behind are either waiting for pip nerf or actually enjoy game mode. Im gold rank, still havent finished pip track once and I play ~ 10~20hrs a week. Maxing out the track was not intended…Its possible but not easy. I think its actually a great system. It rewards ppl who are vets and rewards non vets and each to yheir own degree. The skirnish tickets are a marathon not a sprint. The longer someone does wvw stuff the more ranks they get the more pips they earn and thus the more valuable their time becomes.

Ppl make 2 kittenumprions. 1. low ranks will never increase to the next pip tier rank. It will take you a few months but you will reach 1 extra pips…then silver for 2…ext. the system is intended to discourage grinding because grinding isnt fun and reward dedication or wvw rank. Its an extra reward track that gives wvw rank some usefulness beyond 1300.

Assumption 2. Your suppose to max out your skirmish tickets every week. No. Just no. Any calculations about how absurd the time required for low ranks is a useless arguement. Anet built it on average play. Bronze using average playtime = Bronze chest. Low rank = wood chest. A low rank is intended to finish wood chest over a week..if they do more…great. The maxxing thhing comes from a desire to have. Practice budhism….

in WvW

Turk.5460

The idea was not to have new ranks stay low ranks. If they want more pips they need to rank up. New ranks shouldnt be pip farming and their attempts to do so are being thwarted. Most have already left. The people that stayed behind are either waiting for pip nerf or actually enjoy game mode. Im gold rank, still havent finished pip track once and I play ~ 10~20hrs a week. Maxing out the track was not intended…Its possible but not easy. I think its actually a great system. It rewards ppl who are vets and rewards non vets and each to yheir own degree. The skirnish tickets are a marathon not a sprint. The longer someone does wvw stuff the more ranks they get the more pips they earn and thus the more valuable their time becomes.

Ppl make 2 kittenumprions. 1. low ranks will never increase to the next pip tier rank. It will take you a few months but you will reach 1 extra pips…then silver for 2…ext. the system is intended to discourage grinding because grinding isnt fun and reward dedication or wvw rank. Its an extra reward track that gives wvw rank some usefulness beyond 1300.

Assumption 2. Your suppose to max out your skirmish tickets every week. No. Just no. Any calculations about how absurd the time required for low ranks is a useless arguement. Anet built it on average play. Bronze using average playtime = Bronze chest. Low rank = wood chest. A low rank is intended to finish wood chest over a week..if they do more…great. The maxxing thhing comes from a desire to have. Practice budhism….

You are hopeless and have a despicable mindset regarding things other people can or can’t have. Please tell me how it would affect you if newer players were able to complete diamond chest in less than 60 hours? Because from your responses it seems as though it would absolutely trigger your increasingly apparent inferiority complex.

-Sorrow’s Furnace-

in WvW

PabbyGaul.9682

Even the OP edited his post to say that the bonuses aren’t really the problem, nobody is attacking our high rank rewards, holy crap please leave, you are not contributing anything, nor are you actually reading and understanding the posts you are replying to.

*sigh.

Value = Rarity
Rarity = Tickets/Total Tickets
Total Tickets = Pip Rate * Population
Tickets = My Pip Rate * Just me

If Pip rate increases value decreases.

in WvW

PabbyGaul.9682

You are hopeless and have a despicable mindset regarding things other people can or can’t have. Please tell me how it would affect you if newer players were able to complete diamond chest in less than 60 hours? Because from your responses it seems as though it would absolutely trigger your increasingly apparent inferiority complex.

I might have an aneurism….

in WvW

Posted by: ThunderPanda.1872

ThunderPanda.1872

See a doctor. Do you have medical insurance? A lot of other people will probably need it too. Please be healthy everyone.

Send me 1000g and I will stop trolling WvW forum.
I have a dream – Our Anet Senpai will make WvW Great Again!
WvW Forum is more competitive than WvW

(edited by ThunderPanda.1872)

in WvW

Posted by: TheGrimm.5624

TheGrimm.5624

Participation already accounts for WvW activity and does OK for balancing out the values of differing activities. You don’t want pips to be rewarded for these activities else you end up favoring zerg play over other play and that just turns everything into a K-Train. 50 people taking an empty structure does not have more value than 1 so why reward someone for that.

Coming at this from someone that is only 1530 and I have no problem with someone that spent more time in WvW getting more pips for their activity. I think ANet’s intent is to reward people that spent time in this game mode with currency they can use to gear out since WvW was more of a money lose than gain in the past. Already in full ascended gear on all WvW toons since I did a lot of Fractals outside of WvW and it was needed in the past. Why should I be rewarded the same as people that spent more time here when I might be coming in better geared then them for doing the other game modes?

As far as outnumbered, if the issue is people gaming it, then change how its calculated to prevent the freeloading that people are discussing. That and consider not rewarding ticks if in a safe zone after a short time period of being there.

The existing outnumbered buff is not really encouragement since if you are just getting crushed while outnumbered than X% more of 0 is 0. A lot of people will already not put up with that long and then we are back to dead WvW areas. Right now outnumbered is increasing the population on maps even when people know they are still going to lose. I have to wonder if this is more of a T1 issue than the other tiers. I am not in favor of people that game the system but this still sounds like an issue in calculation over the extra pips.

In short people like to chase things, in this case its pips. It can be fun and gives the feel of progress which in any MMO you want to have something that so people don’t stop and say, that felt like a waste of time, since MMO’s are a time sync. The fact that people are worried about maxing each week is why ANet drops gates on us since some people take it too far and have to max it. Right now the more time you spend in WvW and rank you the more tools you are granted to continue to do so, that makes it valuable to rank up. To me this is encouragement to play and level more. Having goals in game keeps people around.

I am surprised that people didn’t target the 1/2/+3 based on server ranking first since that favors servers that are stacked. Have now played a week where we were outnumbered most of the time and one where we are closer to the higher numbers and I think I see that disparity more. Again I know why they did that and I can agree you want additional motives to fight, but for the rank one, you already put in the time to get and the outnumbered you were more than likely already losing so you were paying a different price.

Good hunting!

GW/PoTBS/WAR/Rift/WAR/GW2/CU

De Mortuis Nil Nisi Bonum.

in WvW

PabbyGaul.9682

If 0 ranks can farm wvw for rewards thats bad. It might end up like LP farming in AA. Its cute seeing their little name plates tucked away in corners near enough to camps and sentries to gain participation but is that what wvw will become? The problem isnt the pips. Its the ppl that want the pips. How does allowing 0 rank pip farmer aquireing diamond in less than 60hrs…or 30 hrs if they gain 1 extra pip. It encourages the trash. Its a sustem that rewards for very little work ppl will naturally take advanatage of it. Lower it and the behavior you see ppl complain ing about wont go down it will increase.

in WvW

Turk.5460

I asked you a question, perhaps you didn’t read it, I don’t know what I expected.

Here it is again: “Please tell me how it would affect you if newer players were able to complete diamond chest in less than 60 hours?”

-Sorrow’s Furnace-

in WvW

Turk.5460

It encourages the trash.

Judging from the responses of “certain” people, the trash is already in WvW…

-Sorrow’s Furnace-

in WvW

Posted by: Strider Pj.2193

Strider Pj.2193

It encourages the trash.

C’mon Turk. That’s not necessary.

People are emotional about this. And yes, he shouldn’t have used the word either.

in WvW

PabbyGaul.9682

I asked you a question, perhaps you didn’t read it, I don’t know what I expected.

Here it is again: “Please tell me how it would affect you if newer players were able to complete diamond chest in less than 60 hours?”

I answered it twice. I could have an aneurism…. or trash starts clogging ques. Yes. Trash. I consider 0 rank pip farmers trash. Maybe they got legendaries and are clutch pvp and raiders bit if they dont comtribute to wvw then they are useless in wvw right…Ppl dont stockpile used tissue paper? When sometbing becomes useless you throw it out. We collectively call this group of things “trash”.

Its kinda like that afluent neighbor hood in N. CA..building a wall to keep the bums out.

in WvW

Posted by: Deihnyx.6318

Deihnyx.6318

I feel like people here are either perfectly aware that WvW is much more demanding and are willing to discuss ways around it, and there are others who are going to be toxic to any consensus no matter what, even when they’re still largely winning this and could get even more out of it.

It also came to a point where highlighting fairness compared to others modes is automatically considered invalid “because it’s wvw”. Because somehow this wvw playtime is worth more, nevermind how grindy it is. Feel free to believe that, it’s gotten too ridiculous to even answer anymore.

There is no need to repeat things that have already been said. People arent gonna change their mind at this point.

I can grind the 40 hours. And I will if needed, and yes some of these hours will probably be flipping camps while watching a movie. Because unlike what some people say, this is all this 40h system is encouraging: grinding.
And yes. Meanwhile the pack doesnt even require silver rank. More untested non sense. But whatever. The vets are happy.

in WvW

PabbyGaul.9682

It encourages the trash.

Are you implying Im trash because I could have an aneurism? I think thats discrimination.

in WvW

Turk.5460

It encourages the trash.

Are you implying Im trash because I could have an aneurism? I think thats discrimination.

Hmm? You’re still here? I said certain people. Though if you think yourself as such, I can’t stop you.

-Sorrow’s Furnace-

in WvW

PabbyGaul.9682

You quoted me while saying it so I think you think Im trash and I dont think I am trash. I feel like you would be violating my safe space by implying that I am trash. But since you arent implying that I forgive you.

in WvW

Posted by: Lahmia.2193

Lahmia.2193

It encourages the trash.

Hmm? You’re still here? I said certain people. Though if you think yourself as such, I can’t stop you.

I believe the correct term you were looking for is elitist. Trash = bad at said game mode. And if I had to choose between the two, I’d take elitist players over trash ones every time.

Surrender and serve me in life, or die and slave for me in death.

in WvW

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

It encourages the trash.

I believe the correct term you were looking for is elitist. Trash = bad at said game mode. And if I had to choose between the two, I’d take elitist players over trash ones every time.

Not me. Some trash can be made into gold with enough patience. Whereas kittens will always be kittens.

L’enfer, c’est les autres

in WvW

PabbyGaul.9682

Its not a numbers problem or a time problem. Its a brain problem. Im rather impressed with the pip system the more I think aboit it.

How do you get more ppl in wvw that are likely to stay but never had a reason to go into wvw?

You offer rewards that cant be ground out like they are in the pve maps. No candy grinder in their right mind would even attempt it. However, some ppl are bored of candy, they want blood instead. Maybe they didnt know they wanted it but they suddenly find themselves saying “omg this isnt a grind…this is heaven”. Recruitment is up, alot of people that came are staying because they never knew how much fun it is to roll around wth guildies and kill ppl. The candy grinders can go. They werent going to comtribute much anyway. Anyway gg Anet. Wvw is better for it.

Enjoys game mode != Elitist

(edited by PabbyGaul.9682)

in WvW

Posted by: DanNoland.6057

DanNoland.6057

The difference between wvw and pvp/pve is that rewards in pvp/pve are obtained faster with better skills where in wvw it is obtained by mindless grind.

Or by years of normal and disturbingly unrewarding playing. If you PvE dudes want the rewards which are clearly designated to wvw players you have to invest more time than these. Thats kitten fair and fine.

I’ll never get a legendary armor, you know why? Because PvE got the most boring part of the game for me. I’m fine with that. Deal with the fact not to get everything. Childish attidudes.

And if you can’t, just grant a really orphaned part of the community their exclusive rewards.

(edited by DanNoland.6057)

in WvW

Posted by: Brigand.9502

Brigand.9502

The majority of these “reward debates” are always rooted in two mentalities:
1. Instant Gratification
2. Entitlement

If any argument is rooted in either of those 2 (usually both), it’s not worth considering imo. This is all much ado about nothing.

in WvW

Posted by: VaaCrow.3076

VaaCrow.3076

I just can’t hit the cap weekly.

Trajan anticipated your comment in his/her original post:

we who have played this game mode for a long time are used to getting zero to no rewards so this system is fine, we will get it eventually.

You don’t have to hit the cap weekly. You will still get it eventually.

Correct. Kam, you are making two choices here.
-1. To get the tickets in the first place.
-2. To try to hit the cap.

The game doesn’t require either. Don’t do it as ‘a second job’. Do it because you want to, and the difference between now and 6 months ago, is that there IS a reward for the time you DO put in.

I love the game mode, and will still play it, but I can’t get past the 2nd or 3rd chest weekly. It feels like I’m wasting my time there if I can’t actually get anywhere. Only getting 20-45 tickets a week isn’t really much.

I’d only like weapon skins, and armor skins, but at the current rate, it’d be years for someone like me being unable to put the required time in for capping weekly.

Other game modes are way more rewarding, and I think WvW should be as rewarding for all types of players wanting to do it, for both veterans and newcomers.

An influx of players is good for any game mode. Sure some will leave, but many newcomers will no doubt get hooked and have a blast. I just think tickets should be rewarded more often for chest rewards, instead of all at the end.

nobody i know who has played wvw with me since 2012, cares about the rewards, or pips, or the new system. we play wvw to have fun together, that is it, there is no grind we make ourselves do, there is no second job attitude, we simply just accumulate these new junk rewards as time goes by. We play the game mode to ENJOY the game mode, the rewards do not matter. If they are such a big deal for you maybe you don’t belong in the game mode, as the rewards seem to be the ONLY reason you like it, from what i gather from your posts.

[Rise] Madness Rises Guild Leader [Kei Shade-ranger]
May our BL break all foes. Fear our babou!
Gunnars Hold Represent! <3

in WvW

Posted by: Baldrick.8967

Baldrick.8967

I’ve decided I no longer care about pips. I don’t spend enough time in wvw any more (I’m burnt out with the same old rubbish every week) and am playing something else which I am currently enjoying a lot more (as it’s new and fresh to me).

At my current rate of acquisition (10 per week) playing 2-4 hours a week it would take 5+ years to get the backpack. So it’s no longer a target. Why so few, you ask? As I’m scouting, defending etc and it takes quite a while to reach even tier 3 doing that, then my total game time might only be 1hr, so lose a lot of my time before ticks start…

Now I can just relax and enjoy playing again. And enjoy wiping those enemies with their legendary backpacks;-)

WvW player. Doing another world completion for my next Legendary. Hater of mini-games.

in WvW

VaaCrow.3076

If all you people play for is the rewards, i hope they buff the requirement to max rank so i never have to encounter people like you in wvw again, as you’d all rage quit and let us get back to playing the game.

in WvW

Posted by: Jong.5937

Jong.5937

The purpose of the rewards are to attract players back to WvW. As a long time player, that should make you interested in them working to the best of their ability even if you have no personal interest in the rewards.

(BTW, although I hear what you say about committed players not caring about rewards and just playing for the fights and although a lot of us do say just that, a lot, as well as newcomers, I see a lot experienced players playing a hell of a lot more at the moment. Some of us clearly cannot admit we like those shinies!)

Piken Square

(edited by Jong.5937)

in WvW

Posted by: Carbi.6357

Carbi.6357

I’d like the cap to take longer, as i reach it on saturday every week when i still have the entire week to play, i’d love it when i can achieve something others dont due to the playtime i invest.

in WvW

Posted by: Jong.5937

Jong.5937

^^troll post of the week. Respect.

Piken Square

in WvW

Deihnyx.6318

If all you people play for is the rewards, i hope they buff the requirement to max rank so i never have to encounter people like you in wvw again, as you’d all rage quit and let us get back to playing the game.

Seriously, this thread has deviated from meaningful discussions to practice bashing.

Last time I checked we all paid for the game and rewards are part of the game. Some people get pleasure playing for rewards, so what? Who are you to tell us what “playing the game” means? Why do you think achievements are even a thing in the first place?
It’s only your opinion and not an argument by itself, and certainly not the divine morale.

Sure buff the requirements and then feel free to complain about all the afkers… and watch them throw the same argument back at you: Get back to playing the game, stop complaining about stupid practices of others.

See that’s the sweet irony here. You are no better or worse than people who are hunting for skins. Only your carrot isn’t skins, it’s your rank making you think it gives you the right to look down to people. If you truly only cared about playing the game, the pips system shouldn’t affect you. Let’s keep it honest here.

The argumentation was given many times, the grinding is way too high compared to the other modes and is gated only by time, not even by skill. Timegating something behind 40 hours of playtime has no justification, there is a middle ground between “instant rewards” and “mindless grinding”.
This is the only thing that matters here. It’s nobody’s business who is playing for what reason, we are all entitled to enjoy the game for our own reasons.

(edited by Deihnyx.6318)

in WvW

Posted by: SkyShroud.2865

SkyShroud.2865

Can we accumulate this to a certain max value that anet deem fit?

Basically, for every concurrent week you play, reaching a specific chest (though I think the current wooden chest is kinda low), you will gain additional loyalty pip (maybe can have a separate additional pip requirement, differ from the requirement to maintain the current pip). Then, for every week you didn’t reach the requirements, the loyalty pip will decrement by one.

As for why, this has better long term benefit and befitting of the word “loyalty”
players will be made aware that they will lose the loyalty they gained after many weeks of work they put it, then maybe leading to mentality of wanting to keep those pip thus putting in minimum hours into wvw.

likewise, think twice before transferring.

Founder & Leader of Equinox Solstice [TIME], a Singapore-Based International Guild
Henge of Denravi Server
www.gw2time.com

(edited by SkyShroud.2865)

in WvW

Posted by: Seera.5916

Seera.5916

I actually still think ANet has pretty well calculated the amount of playtime it takes to hit the pip cap. Yes, it takes long and it suckes for all WvW Vets, who get finaly rewarded, but only slowly and with much investment.
But just imagine everybody could hit the cap easily in a relative short time. The WvW would be crowded with players just for the grind and probably with no love for the game mode at all. Getting to the cap has to be a bit ludicrous to discourage this kind of behavior or WvW would turn into an ascended gear farm.

Using the term “it sucks” shouldn’t be used when saying something about a game. We play for fun.

It discourages both sides.

Sometimes it’s the only thing you can say though.

If you have two people who want different things that are mutually exclusive, it’s going to suck for one of them.

in WvW

Posted by: reddie.5861

reddie.5861

I love WvW. I just feel discouraged because it takes 20-30 hours a week to hit cap, and I just can’t hit the cap weekly. I think just from a general life perspective it’s ludicrous to have that extreme of a time requirement.

It’s impossible to hit without playing this one game mode 4+ hours a day. This shouldn’t be the case, because it seriously impacts a person’s health, and isn’t good for people with jobs, and an active life.

An MMO is already a time commitment, why make it a literal second job?

let me say something, WHO CARES?!
when i join sPvP or WvW i wanna PvP i wanna kill stuff i dont give a rats ass about rewards.. i just want to pvp the rewards are nice but not needed if one wants stuff go farm pve dungeons its far more rewarding and faster..

in WvW

Posted by: reddie.5861

reddie.5861

wvw = pvp
pve = rewards

i really dont understand why people are so horny over some reward system, seems im one of the few who really dont give a kitten about rewards lol

in WvW

Posted by: SkyShroud.2865

SkyShroud.2865

well, i have near to 30k ap (i stopped doing much ap for a long long time already)
i ahve many ascended

still, despite how end game i am at, i am aware that there are people that plays for reward and the fact that wvw population is still low in some servers.

thus, we need to work on what we have and maintain what we have and gained
otherwise, wvw will decline once again.

Founder & Leader of Equinox Solstice [TIME], a Singapore-Based International Guild
Henge of Denravi Server
www.gw2time.com

in WvW

Deihnyx.6318

wvw = pvp
pve = rewards

i really dont understand why people are so horny over some reward system, seems im one of the few who really dont give a kitten about rewards lol

PVP does have pretty good rewards actually. It gives quite the amount of gold and the ascended shards aren’t timegated. You are also given a decent amount of time for them (2 months) versus one week for WvW.

wvwers could get that too… if vets were more motivated to ask for better rewards rather than a … time discount on their favorite mode.

in WvW

VaaCrow.3076

Seriously, this thread has deviated from meaningful discussions to practice bashing.

Last time I checked we all paid for the game and rewards are part of the game. Some people get pleasure playing for rewards, so what? Who are you to tell us what “playing the game” means? Why do you think achievements are even a thing in the first place?
It’s only your opinion and not an argument by itself, and certainly not the divine morale.

Sure buff the requirements and then feel free to complain about all the afkers… and watch them throw the same argument back at you: Get back to playing the game, stop complaining about stupid practices of others.

See that’s the sweet irony here. You are no better or worse than people who are hunting for skins. Only your carrot isn’t skins, it’s your rank making you think it gives you the right to look down to people. If you truly only cared about playing the game, the pips system shouldn’t affect you. Let’s keep it honest here.

The argumentation was given many times, the grinding is way too high compared to the other modes and is gated only by time, not even by skill. Timegating something behind 40 hours of playtime has no justification, there is a middle ground between “instant rewards” and “mindless grinding”.
This is the only thing that matters here. It’s nobody’s business who is playing for what reason, we are all entitled to enjoy the game for our own reasons.

I don’t care about my rank either, just like i don’t give a rats kitten about any reward,the majority of the posts in these threads are hilarious, get over yourselves and either commit or don’t. not everyone has to pander to try and create the reality you want. I really hope anet stick to their guns on this, companies shouldn’t pander to the vocal minority. Just because you think 40 hours is excessive, doesn’t make it so, that is YOUR opinion. And as for seeing lots of afkers, you’re right, i do see some, and when i do i fire a report, just like pve people do for afk farmers there

in WvW

Strider Pj.2193

No. Do not change the PIP accumulation rate.

If the skin isn’t worth it, then fine. Find something else to grind.

Generally, the people who are complaining about this are people who don’t play the mode.

Suck it up, or do something else.

It really IS that simple.

in WvW

Strider Pj.2193

wvwers could get that too… if vets were more motivated to ask for better rewards rather than a … time discount on their favorite mode.

Yep. But here is the thing. Many of us would rather play the game than come in here and QQ on the forum about how long it takes to get a shiny.

We are happy we are getting something and quite frankly many of us are happy that it takes our previous play time into account, AND isn’t something that someone can pop into, get in a month and leave.

So, see all of you out there!

in WvW

Posted by: HazyDaisy.4107

HazyDaisy.4107

It’s not loyality, it’s commitment, and yes it’s only 1 extra, but it’s 1 extra every 5 mins.

Loyality to ones server will not last. The stated reason for the change was so people who went on vacation weren’t punished as bad and that the wording / intent of the bonus was confusing….

We asked to be rewarded for loyalty to our servers and instead ended up with a bonus for continuing to play every week, that’s as good as it’s gonna get with this pip.

Sorrows Furnace
[HaHa] Hazardous Hallucination

in WvW

Deihnyx.6318

I don’t care about my rank either, just like i don’t give a rats kitten about any reward,the majority of the posts in these threads are hilarious, get over yourselves and either commit or don’t. not everyone has to pander to try and create the reality you want. I really hope anet stick to their guns on this, companies shouldn’t pander to the vocal minority. Just because you think 40 hours is excessive, doesn’t make it so, that is YOUR opinion. And as for seeing lots of afkers, you’re right, i do see some, and when i do i fire a report, just like pve people do for afk farmers there

Have fun reporting afkers who aren’t actually afking. Because they actually need to do something every 5 minutes or so

And yes that is my opinion that I defend, as it seems really obvious to me, it was also defended by some vets, but that is the whole point of the debate. However I just don’t accept “boo skin hunters are bad” as an argument.

Also, unlike many I did not propose any alternative that wasn’t a win for everyone, including vets (and especially vets actually).

in WvW

VaaCrow.3076

Have fun reporting afkers who aren’t actually afking. Because they actually need to do something every 5 minutes or so

And yes that is my opinion that I defend, as it seems really obvious to me, it was also defended by some vets, but that is the whole point of the debate. However I just don’t accept “boo skin hunters are bad” as an argument.

Also, unlike many I did not propose any alternative that wasn’t a win for everyone, including vets (and especially vets actually).

I have an alternative, play the game, and get the skins over time. As intended.

in WvW

Deihnyx.6318

Yep. But here is the thing. Many of us would rather play the game than come in here and QQ on the forum about how long it takes to get a shiny.

We are happy we are getting something and quite frankly many of us are happy that it takes our previous play time into account, AND isn’t something that someone can pop into, get in a month and leave.

So, see all of you out there!

It’s that other thread all over again.
Summary of the counter arguments:
- Players need to play the mode no matter what, the difference between 20 hours a week or 40 hours isn’t about commitment, it’s grinding.
- The currency is timegated, meaning that the people who want their reward are gonna farm the mode, effectively increasing the number of “afkers”, all of that because it resets every week.
- No other modes proactively gives you an advantage. That’s the big dark point here. You already get more stuff unlocked by having a higher rank, so you already have advantages. If tomorrow you were to start fractals or raids only your skill would determine how fast you get to the end, and not time. PVP has an initial commitment requirement, but it’s getting to rank 20: Not nearly as demanding as WvW.
- This whole system is done backward: If you play wvw as your main mode your only reward is… to play less. Quite baffling you aren’t asking for more meaningful rewards (discounts, special infusions aura, special high rank commander icon etc).
- This whole system is done backward (2): Instead of simply asking for a high rank for the backpack (ranks aren’t timegated), they choose to only ask for 350, and instead require a lot of grinding, effectively giving even more of an incentive for afk farming.

You guys have to understand that none of that is meant to screw the high rank players over, but on the contrary to not proactively punish newcomers.
They would just have to higher the rank of the legendary, give more permanent bonus to high ranks instead of time discount, it would be a win for everyone. Low ranks would still be required a lot of work but there wouldn’t be the very annoying weekly reset to screw their progress over.

in WvW

Deihnyx.6318

I have an alternative, play the game, and get the skins over time. As intended.

I got to diamond on Monday. Wrong assumption here.
It’s not because I can get it myself that I automatically don’t want other players with less time to be screwed, guess that’s the difference between us.