Full again??? Are you trying to kill guilds?

in WvW

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

Skyshroud, now that you’ve been thoroughly enlightened by others, are you willing to say that your beliefs were mistaken?

This thread is still about locking the worlds without any notification. Guilds are now fragmented and broken as they were transferring across many Worlds. That is not good at all for the game. Dev’s need to open the Worlds again for one week. This time say there’s a time limit! Many felt they had until the next linking since there’s little chance of any NA World can ever hit “Full” again outside of BG and TC.

btw… where’s Tyler with his “Follow your heart” with a wink as he said on Reddit in replying to the TC stacking after the leak?

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

in WvW

Posted by: LetoII.3782

LetoII.3782

I agree with this
3 of my people got to transfer and the rest cant which sucks because the commander is not with the larger group, we are at risk of losing members

Which is exactly what some of us totally expected would happen with the new links. From the very start of a new link you are forced to farm enough gold for the next inevitable transfer in order to keep playing with your new friends. Or of course throw your money at Anet, which they will be more than happy to accept. We still wont see the full effect until after a relink but I can imagine a fair bit angry people will post on the forums…

Unless Anet change the way server transfers work/cost, that will remain my belief and it is the reason they didnt merge servers. Constant transfering income by breaking up guilds after reshuffling servers is simply better for them.

These statements are untrue.
There are still servers open.

Just not the ones people wanted.

Any group wishing to move en masse’ can do so at any time, just to a server that actually needs people.

in WvW

Posted by: tym.3791

tym.3791

I myself have simply stopped caring and pretty much playing. When they get the servers more balanced, I will start playing again, until then, with the lopsided fights and coverage, I will simply stay away and play something else.

in WvW

Posted by: atheria.2837

atheria.2837

Dev’s, what the heck are you thinking locking the worlds again? Players are just starting to move and balance ourselves out and you lock it? You’re going to break Guilds that are in mid transfer, which are several that I know of alone.

OPEN THE WORLDS! We balance better than you can. At the very least give us a 48 hours warning before you go all Overlord (wrongly) and lock the worlds.

Because guilds were leaving FA and JQ to stack BG and TC (and I am sure more going on behind the scenes) the servers were locked.

For guilds to jump to “stack” another server to “win” is disloyal to those who stay on those servers – mercernaries aren’t wanted in WvW by the real WvW players who spend hours upon hours in WvW without compensation, without help, and many times without anyone else on a map, yes, even in tier 1.

It’s time to put a limit on how many times a year a player may jump from server to server – because as we have seen many servers have been destroyed by the coming and going of those who don’t care about the community, never really becoming part of it, and then leaving a huge hole when they jump from place to place to place depending on how lucrative the offers are.

The last part some aren’t comprehending – real money is being used to manipulate WvW like no other game I’ve ever seen.

Not keeping all IT jobs here is a major reason IT is so bad HERE. 33y IT 10y IT Security

in WvW

Posted by: atheria.2837

atheria.2837

I think they proved with this awful expansion how much they care about guilds. They killed off roaming small guilds, they destroyed server communities, now phase three KILL all guilds.

They want you to be a 111111spammer in EOTM, robot.

It all started with the megaserver and the lack of any server to properly recruit.

From there it was all downhill – before that it was utter magic – just – utter – magic.

Anet destroyed their own best game mode.

Brilliant.

Your comments are dead on – we’re not being listened to, we’re being told to shut up when we’re proved to be “right” on any “balance” issue.

Not keeping all IT jobs here is a major reason IT is so bad HERE. 33y IT 10y IT Security

in WvW

DeWolfe.2174

Because guilds were leaving FA and JQ to stack BG and TC (and I am sure more going on behind the scenes) the servers were locked.

Wait what? I think you might have missed that all but, BG and TC opened last week finally. This thread is pertaining to the Dev’s abruptly closing those other World again.

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

in WvW

Posted by: SkyShroud.2865

SkyShroud.2865

Your eyes must have stamp, JQ was very high during last week, I also never once seen JQ drop to high.

Thats very high after they lowered the cap with the linkages. The week before the linkage JQ slipped to high.

That’s good to hear but now they are very high last week which means they must have a lot of dormant populations.

Also, I doubt they dropped the cap since the cap seems universal than individual server, because there were a lot of medium servers last week. Some of which were high before the link and now medium.

They stated they lowered the cap JQ was at high under normal cap then very high last week under lowered cap.

Source?

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wuv/World-Linking-Beta/first#post6113231

Skyshroud, now that you’ve been thoroughly enlightened by others, are you willing to say that your beliefs were mistaken?

This thread is still about locking the worlds without any notification. Guilds are now fragmented and broken as they were transferring across many Worlds. That is not good at all for the game. Dev’s need to open the Worlds again for one week. This time say there’s a time limit! Many felt they had until the next linking since there’s little chance of any NA World can ever hit “Full” again outside of BG and TC.

btw… where’s Tyler with his “Follow your heart” with a wink as he said on Reddit in replying to the TC stacking after the leak?

Vague quoting, let me quote a proper one.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/4jrliv/game_update_notes_may_17_2016/d39l3do

In the following quote, it was already mentioned, population is halved across board. So, stop coming up with the nonsense that the population is reduced to make it look like JQ was originally “High” and become “Very High” due to it. I even mentioned before that previous “High” server are now “Medium”, your nonsense of population cap is reduced is contradictory to those servers that went from “High” to “Medium”.

Furthermore, this halved cap itself is sufficient to explain why so many servers, including those that were “Medium” becoming full.

Again, JQ has a large dormant population, accurately speaking, a large casual populations.

Founder & Leader of Equinox Solstice [TIME], a Singapore-Based International Guild
Henge of Denravi Server
www.gw2time.com

in WvW

Posted by: lil devils x.6071

lil devils x.6071

Sooo, originally we were medium populated on Gunnars Hold. After the “merge with fow” we were “full”. Couple of days ago i think we got from full to medium again. Now we seem to be full again.

Yet most of the days we don’t even have ANY queues!
Even when we have a queue at prime time on 1 map, it’s back to no queues in 1 or 2 hours tops.

How does this even work?

We are coming up to a relinking time.

Servers that were the hosts were full to encourage migration to lower linked servers.

Data of population was likely being evaluated for a week for new pairings, so servers were unlocked for a bit to get accurate measure.

Links have been decided. Locked up again.

All that equates to is players playing a different game until they can play with their guilds again. It just runs players off from the game all together, not forces them to play where they are unhappy. That affects all players all tiers, not just one in particular.

The end result is the same, it reduces game population in the short and long term. Basically it is just killing the game faster.

The primary thing developers need to understand about their games is that they cannot make people do things they do not want to do since players can always log out and not come back. If you do things that make the players unhappy, that is exactly what they will do

People play games to have fun, if the game developer makes the game not fun for them anymore by thinking they can control what makes the game fun for them, they just run people off from their game to another game they can have fun again playing. People do not have to play their game, the developers have to make their game good enough that players WANT to play their game more than they want to play someone else’s game. You do not do that from preventing players from playing with their friends, families or guildmates.

[KILL]Killing Tiers Leader [TOON] Toons of Terror Leader [NEWS This Just In Leader
WvW / PVP ONLY

(edited by lil devils x.6071)

in WvW

DeWolfe.2174

Your eyes must have stamp, JQ was very high during last week, I also never once seen JQ drop to high.

Thats very high after they lowered the cap with the linkages. The week before the linkage JQ slipped to high.

That’s good to hear but now they are very high last week which means they must have a lot of dormant populations.

Also, I doubt they dropped the cap since the cap seems universal than individual server, because there were a lot of medium servers last week. Some of which were high before the link and now medium.

They stated they lowered the cap JQ was at high under normal cap then very high last week under lowered cap.

Source?

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wuv/World-Linking-Beta/first#post6113231

https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/4jrliv/game_update_notes_may_17_2016/d39l3do

In the following quote, it was already mentioned, population is halved across board. So, stop coming up with the nonsense that the population is reduced to make it look like JQ was originally “High” and become “Very High” due to it. I even mentioned before that previous “High” server are now “Medium”, your nonsense of population cap is reduced is contradictory to those servers that went from “High” to “Medium”.

Furthermore, this halved cap itself is sufficient to explain why so many servers, including those that were “Medium” becoming full.

Again, JQ has a large dormant population, accurately speaking, a large casual populations.

I’m just going to chuck and post this for you…..
This was Wednesday April 20th a little after 10am EST. That is two day’s prior to any changes that took place for the linking. And, without question, the Population Algorithm was not accurately reading our true drop in population from the mass exodus the week prior due to it having a delay.

Attachments:

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

(edited by DeWolfe.2174)

in WvW

SkyShroud.2865

Source?

I’m just going to /laugh and post this for you…..
This was Wednesday April 20th a little after 10am EST. That is two day’s prior to any changes that took place for the linking. And, without question, the Population Algorithm was not accurately reading our true drop in population from the mass exodus the week prior due to it having a delay.

And so? You gonna keep using that vague statement that was made to answer post-linking population status while ignoring the fact that there was a newer and more concise statement made about the population status, to support your claim that last week status was deliberately set to have lower cap? Even when both statements have no evidence that it have relation to the last week’s server status? Really?

Founder & Leader of Equinox Solstice [TIME], a Singapore-Based International Guild
Henge of Denravi Server
www.gw2time.com

in WvW

DeWolfe.2174

I’ve just shown you a screen cap prior to any changes. Thus, there are no statements, nor links, nor anything else required on the subject. I said we were “High” before any changes were made and you disagreed. Others replied to you saying that we were in fact “high” before the linking, you disagreed with them too. Thus, the screen cap ends the conversation on the matter.

Back to the topic of opening Worlds so Guilds can be united once more.

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

in WvW

SkyShroud.2865

Then you need to re-read again, I didn’t disagree with the “high”. I even said this, “That’s good to hear”.

The thing I disagree is someone mentioned that the raise from high to very high by claiming population cap was deliberately reduced.

Henge of Denravi Server
www.gw2time.com

in WvW

Posted by: Akkeros.1675

Akkeros.1675

If servers were ever meant to mean anything a guild should not be able to transfer at all. If you build a guild using server x players then just all transfer to server y it gives no reason to support a team or side. If things had been this way to begin with there would be far less stacking issues.
If you have no server loyalty, what do you fight for? the gvg mini-game that was suppose to improve players fighting skill to zerg-bust for wvw?

in WvW

Posted by: Xenesis.6389

Xenesis.6389

Heh, I missed that quote since I don’t read reddit much these days, he even mentions they adjust the population status once a week.

TylerB

For the purposes of transferring, worlds that are linked (both the host and guest) have halved population caps. This is why so many worlds are marked as FULL now. So if you were to completely fill both the host and the guest world of a given pairing (which we haven’t seen happen yet), it is possible to have a higher than normal population, but it’s won’t ever be anywhere close to double the population.

We adjust server population status once a week. So it wouldn’t drop immediately, but it would drop within a week.

Kinda why I hate the cross forum posting.

Another derailing post. ^^
North Keep: One of the village residents will now flee if their home is destroyed.
“Game over man, Game Over!” – RIP Bill

in WvW

Posted by: Kaiser.9873

Kaiser.9873

Servers had been open for a week now, how long did you all honestly think it would be open for? Should have moved right away, not wait a bloody week.

i expect it to open till the next relink which is until next week.

furthermore, the argument still stands
why are previously medium server “full” now, why are they trying to punish those servers despite having much lower population compare to the BG/TC and other previously “very high” server?

i think anet idea of balancing population is to kill those “medium” servers so they can link them up with 4 together while leaving the “full” and “very high” untouched

edit: if anet think ppl gonna transfer to KN, AR and DR because it is 500 gems, nope, that’s not gonna happen because there aren’t much major guilds there.

I would guess that they closed them in order to allow their link calculation to go smoothly. That is the only reason that makes sense in this. Being on a T1 server there is BG, and then everyone else. BGs population is far ahead of TC and YB.

in WvW

Posted by: Kaiser.9873

Kaiser.9873

Who are these guilds that don’t all discuss a move and then as soon as their chosen world opens they move? I’ve been a part of many guild moves, and typically the only ones left behind are the ones that do not want to move, or the ones that haven’t been online for weeks.

If you are trying to move to a T1(or even a T2) world you better have your gems ready and fingers on the trigger, or else there’s a chance you’re going to miss the boat.

Why on Earth would they leave worlds open leading up to and directly after a re-link?
Holy server-stacking Batman!

in WvW

Posted by: Xenesis.6389

Xenesis.6389

If you are trying to move to a T1(or even a T2) world you better have your gems ready and fingers on the trigger, or else there’s a chance you’re going to miss the boat.

Why on Earth would they leave worlds open leading up to and directly after a re-link?
Holy server-stacking Batman!

Pretty much.

But in this case JQ was buying a guild over from Maguuma [Kek] maybe it was a late negotiation, but they all didn’t make it over before it closed, that’s why JQ is running to the forums to complain.

Another derailing post. ^^
North Keep: One of the village residents will now flee if their home is destroyed.
“Game over man, Game Over!” – RIP Bill

in WvW

Posted by: shrek.1046

shrek.1046

JQ is not BG, not many of the population came back to the game.