Love, Rock.

Tbh… this thread is more like rock asking scissors to be nerfed : /

Tarnished Coast
Salvage 4 Profit + MF Guide – http://tinyurl.com/l8ff6pa

Getting 3 shotted by thieves??

in WvW

Posted by: IBountyHunterI.4601

IBountyHunterI.4601

Killing the thief classes r totes hard sad face.

Help

in WvW

Posted by: Yelloweyedemon.2860

Yelloweyedemon.2860

Okay.. I don’t play anymore so I don’t know how things are atm, but my tactic was : Thief opens, i lose a ridiculous amount of health in 1 second, I pop that trait that makes both me and my pet immune to damage for 7 seconds, longbow #4 (knockback if I remember correctly), longbow#1 (with right trais should hit like a truck), then immediatelly sic’em. Thief can’t stealth for 4? seconds = dead thief.

(full berserker ranger)

Worked against 95% of ALL the thieves I encountered.

Say you seriously think that ALL YOUR HIT WILL LAND? You do know that thief can dodge your attack.
By the way, Once you get your “Protect me” up, the thief will re-stealth or port out and wait for the buff to end then come back and kill u.
This is like standard SOP for all the thieves I seem .
Needless to say, your advice won’t work.

PS: Longbow #1 at close range hit like wet noodle.

My advice is use GS 3 and get as much distance as possible , then RUN. Hopefully, he didn’t expect that.(Most of them don’t)
Staying and fighting against a full-hp thief with 30% hp left is suicide.

Protect me is a waste of slot. I was talking about another trait, a signet that makes you and your pet immune to damage (can’t remember name). Untill he realises what’s going on, you will have done a great deal of damage. Then you pop Sic’em and he’s dead. If you mess something up, and he restealths, you swap a trait for protect me (fast), and you pop it as soon he backstabs you. if he restealths again, then you run.

in WvW

Posted by: bril.5486

bril.5486

Well of course thieves are going to be strong in solo ganking situations, it offsets the fact they are nearly worthless in organized group PvP. So you can’t ask for one to be adjusted without adjusting the other.

in WvW

Posted by: Have No Faith In Me.1840

Have No Faith In Me.1840

Thieves are easy to kill (if they don’t stealth and run away in cowardice), because the class by nature attracts all types of bad players.

Even though there will be ‘good’ players that can abuse these gimmick mechanics better than others, I still have no issues against thieves.

Haven’t lost a 1v1 to a thief in a very long time. Zerk, Condi, doesn’t matter. The exception being perplexity thief, in which case I just stand there and /laugh @ a few times on 100% health, press my walk toggle, and walk off into the sunset with them doing pitiful damage until they give up with their cheese runes.

(edited by Have No Faith In Me.1840)

in WvW

Posted by: Eloquence.5207

Eloquence.5207

Okay.. I don’t play anymore so I don’t know how things are atm, but my tactic was : Thief opens, i lose a ridiculous amount of health in 1 second, I pop that trait that makes both me and my pet immune to damage for 7 seconds, longbow #4 (knockback if I remember correctly), longbow#1 (with right trais should hit like a truck), then immediatelly sic’em. Thief can’t stealth for 4? seconds = dead thief.

(full berserker ranger)

Worked against 95% of ALL the thieves I encountered.

Riveting tale, chap. There are now two thieves. Your tactic is invalid.

“L2P” according to pr0 Thieves
http://youtu.be/k0YDuSLXcX8?t=3m16s
See, Blinding Powder is nothing.

in WvW

Posted by: Elthuzar.9478

Elthuzar.9478

@ thief complainers… thieves are not the best 1v1 class. Most classes when played well can kill a thief or at least make them run away. They are not the best large group class. Thieves are best at things like scouting/tagging keeps/ganking yaks/supply trapping/ganking low skill players that turn into grazing cattle when faced with stealth.

Pretty much this. And OP your toughness is not high for WvW. >3k armor would be standard for most people. Since you are running engi you should try to compensate with protection uptime if you can’t increase your toughness.

I was going to say this but it’s already said. 2.6k Armour is mid range, it is not tanky at all. Tanky is 3.6k armour (Heavy class only) and for a medium profession it is around 3k.

The Painted Norn of [WILD]We Intercept Lost Dolyaks

in WvW

Posted by: Terrier.8732

Terrier.8732

Yelloweyedemon, Signet of Stone?

in WvW

Posted by: Sanduskel.1850

Sanduskel.1850

Well of course thieves are going to be strong in solo ganking situations, it offsets the fact they are nearly worthless in organized group PvP. So you can’t ask for one to be adjusted without adjusting the other.

Lol untrue. Thieves who spec to be perma stealth glass cannons perhaps. Thieves can have the same survivability as most other classes if they CHOOSE to spec appropriately. Most are bad players who enjoy three shotting enemies.

OP’d thief, lol

in WvW

Yelloweyedemon.2860

Yes! that one!

I was using that combined with Healing spring. If I remember correctly there was a trait that had any pet effect, affecting me as well. That was 7 seconds of immunity to any damage kind.

Can’t remember what the trait is called, but I’m re-installing the game atm so I might soon ;P

in WvW

Posted by: Have No Faith In Me.1840

Have No Faith In Me.1840

Yes! that one!

I was using that combined with Healing spring. If I remember correctly there was a trait that had any pet effect, affecting me as well. That was 7 seconds of immunity to any damage kind.

Can’t remember what the trait is called, but I’m re-installing the game atm so I might soon ;P

It is called Beastmaster Signet, it is a 30 point trait in the Marksmanship (power) trait line.

It is part of the reason why Rangers are such a terrible class.

In order to use their signet skills, Rangers need to waste a big 30 point trait to be able to use them.

No other class REQUIRES traits in order to use any of their skills. Only ranger. It hampers build diversity severely for Rangers.

Being forced into the Power line, and forced to waste a 30 pointer, just to be able to use your skills is absolutely hilarious. This should of been fixed a year ago.

in WvW

Posted by: Terravos.4059

Terravos.4059

heh

most thieves don’t hit that hard, but every now and again…I get hit so hard i’m like wtf..

This one in the screenshot i’m posting really baffled me

Cause he had no food, he had no power stacks, and he had no wvw buffs…Just simply popped me for this hard.

Attachments:

http://www.youtube.com/user/Xsorus/videos?view=0
Xsorus – Ranger PvP movies Creator of the BM Bunker

in WvW

Posted by: Cameron.6450

Cameron.6450

Yup, engis should be fine against most thieves. I mean, you’re unlikely to kill them, but once you lay some damage down they will usually run off, and that counts as a win in my book.

If it’s a d/d thief, try and time all your blinds (of which engi has a few) just before he’s about to enter stealth. The thief’s cloak and dagger will miss, and you’ll deny him his passive healing, and his main source of condi removal.

Tomeslave and others – [RISE], [xDDD]

in WvW

Posted by: Burnfall.9573

Burnfall.9573

For the million time;

It’s called Favoritism.

It’s nothing new.

Wait!,

It’s called Balance.

Still nothing new.

Is that all?

Yes

Again,

Still nothing new.

Advocate of Justice, Liberty and Truth

(edited by Burnfall.9573)

in WvW

Posted by: Ruru.1302

Ruru.1302

ITT: bad players complaining about good thieves

mag
[Mada] Apocryfia

in WvW

Sanduskel.1850

So easy to kill enemies on my thief. Everytime I am in trouble, poof I vanish, heal up, remove conditions and jump right back on the enemy. The enemy swings the sword into thin air. It’s a great class for wvw.

OP’d thief, lol

in WvW

Posted by: Burnfall.9573

Burnfall.9573

So easy to kill enemies on my thief. Everytime I am in trouble, poof I vanish, heal up, remove conditions and jump right back on the enemy. The enemy swings the sword into thin air. It’s a great class for wvw.

lol

Advocate of Justice, Liberty and Truth

in WvW

Posted by: Eloquence.5207

Eloquence.5207

ITT: bad players complaining about good thieves

It’s like driving a Corvette and beating a Civic in a drag race. The Civic driver is bad.

“L2P” according to pr0 Thieves
http://youtu.be/k0YDuSLXcX8?t=3m16s
See, Blinding Powder is nothing.

in WvW

Posted by: Zacchary.6183

Zacchary.6183

So you’ve met the terribads? Good for you!

in WvW

Posted by: Oslaf Beinir.5842

Oslaf Beinir.5842

No l2p issue, just cheesbuilders who like cheese and can’t create a personalized build if their life depended on it.
Nothing more boring then attacking a enemy who is completely oblivious.
Nothing more boring then not having to worry about CD’s.

However: It’s totally rewarding if you get to down cheesebuilders.

Best way to beat cheese is bounceback. make them suicide trough spam, iow no offensive but wrap yourself in counters.. retal/blind/boonhate/kd/rupt etc.
works a charm if you have basic cheese..

however if you encounter ripened cheese you might have a problem ^^

was reminded of this by your post good sir
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nJqEqqFLPNY

oh the good ol days…

Get In The Van Yo[PR] -Play on Far Shiverpeaks/Gunner’s Hold/Vabbi

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140

in WvW

Posted by: Bazzoong.7145

Bazzoong.7145

You can find the relevat info on how it is theoretically done here:

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/thief/How-is-this-backstab-possible

Mind you I have been seeing “strange” things and very “weird” numbers lately.

in WvW

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

This game isn’t balanced for 1 vs 1. It’s pretty much the opposite of every other games, where they balance the classes in 1 vs 1 before doing the WvW stuff.

I mean seriously, try a 1 vs 1 staff ele vs thief or warrior. There is like a 0.05% chance that the ele win. I can understand the concept of imbalanced classes, but not to that extent.

in WvW

Posted by: glaphen.5230

glaphen.5230

This game isn’t balanced for 1 vs 1. It’s pretty much the opposite of every other games, where they balance the classes in 1 vs 1 before doing the WvW stuff.

I mean seriously, try a 1 vs 1 staff ele vs thief or warrior. There is like a 0.05% chance that the ele win. I can understand the concept of imbalanced classes, but not to that extent.

Staff Elementalist isn’t good at one on one but godly for zerging so I’m not understanding your point? Warrior is useless in one on ones vs good players too and Thieves are not the greatest in zergs.

in WvW

Posted by: Junkpile.7439

Junkpile.7439

Thief is actually good in zergs, but thief players don’t play right way.

Low quality trolling since launch
Seafarer’s Rest EotM grinch

in WvW

glaphen.5230

Yes they are but expecting a Thief to not be terrible is impossible.

in WvW

Posted by: CrimsonNeonite.1048

CrimsonNeonite.1048

Personally I find these Glassy, Ganky and Stealthy thieves awkward to fight as a Thief; whether I’m roaming around or scouting.
They are very much prominent despite the previous balance patch, but if you are a good enough player you should learn to counter them once you get used to their mechanics.
Usually they have high amounts of crit dmg; In addition to Food , Oil and Bloodlust stacks.

What I do is see what I’m up against: I stay away from those with Crit Food and Bloodlust stacks, as I’m usually built for staying alive and zerging.

Scrubio
Plays completely opposite professions to his main Teef.

(edited by CrimsonNeonite.1048)

in WvW

Posted by: Svarty.8019

Svarty.8019

Stealth – implement for grief.

Nobody at Anet loves WvW like Grouch loved PvP. That’s what we need, a WvW Grouch, but taller.

in WvW

Posted by: Amurond.4590

Amurond.4590

This was before I changed my build, I think I had around 1700 toughness. He had sigil stacks and food iirc, was like 2 months ago

ty for your 20k hit, not even mad

Attachments:

~ The Server I Play On Is Better Than The Server You Play On ~
- Kudzu, Dreamer, Frostfang, Eternity, Flameseeker Prophecies ~
~Nevermore, HOPE, Moot, Incinerator, Meteorlogicus, Howler ~

(edited by Amurond.4590)

in WvW

Sanduskel.1850

This was before I changed my build, I think I had around 1700 toughness. He had stacks and food iirc, was like 2 months ago

not even mad

I’m a thief and I agree with you. I can 2 round rangers all day long in wvw. I feel bad for the rangers. Neither they nor their pets ever see me. I encourage you to send respectful, clear and persistant feedback to ANET. I think that PVE is their strength though. They haven’t demonstrated an ability to balance wvw.

OP’d thief, lol

in WvW

Posted by: KOK.2650

KOK.2650

Protect me is a waste of slot. I was talking about another trait, a signet that makes you and your pet immune to damage (can’t remember name). Untill he realises what’s going on, you will have done a great deal of damage. Then you pop Sic’em and he’s dead. If you mess something up, and he restealths, you swap a trait for protect me (fast), and you pop it as soon he backstabs you. if he restealths again, then you run.

I assume you are talking about
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Signet_of_Stone
which ONLY AFFECT YOUR PET.

Kok -lvl 80 warrior Tsukoyu-lvl 80 elementalist
Ayumu-lvl 80 Necromancer
Tsu-lvl 80 thief

(edited by KOK.2650)

in WvW

glaphen.5230

I assume you are talking about
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Signet_of_Stone
which ONLY AFFECT YOUR PET.
Learn Your class Mr “Pro” Ranger or you are just another thief.
Swap a trait for protect me in COMBAT? Are you hacking?

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Signet_of_the_Beastmaster

in WvW

Posted by: KOK.2650

KOK.2650

Notice that , not really useful since you already eat the BS dmg,
Protect me also give 6sec and have stun break that allow you to run away.

Kok -lvl 80 warrior Tsukoyu-lvl 80 elementalist
Ayumu-lvl 80 Necromancer
Tsu-lvl 80 thief

in WvW

Posted by: Mishva.9416

Mishva.9416

All the engineers complaning about roaming thieves should L2P and rethink their builds. We can stack -53 to -73% damage while stunned. After the initial burst, thieves will basically be forced to eat all the condition burst. Thieves are OK, just learn that you can’t counter everything, WvW is an unbalanced environment.

Mishvya Of Abyss [Abys] – SBI
engineer and commander.

in WvW

Sanduskel.1850

I can’t recall when I last lost to an engineer on my thief. They simply can’t keep up with the dps from out of no where. Easy to kite too.

OP’d thief, lol

in WvW

Posted by: RedStar.4218

RedStar.4218

Learn that when you walk around in WvW you need to adapt your skill bar (at least) in case a thief attacks you. Pretty much every class can survive a surprise attack and get away.

Backstab isn’t the problem with thieves, it’s how easy it is for them to end a fight.

in WvW

Posted by: Oghier.7419

Oghier.7419

I am stacking toughness to defend against this crap and still am getting dropped faster than i can even counter it. Unless i am doing something wrong…

Unless you’re a tanky heavy-armor class, you can’t rely on stackings stats as your primary defense. You need to use your active defenses properly. Push the right buttons at the right time, and all that

Snit Dirtnap (Thief)
Ratbag Dogsticker (Guardian)
…Yak’s Bend

in WvW

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

I am stacking toughness to defend against this crap and still am getting dropped faster than i can even counter it. Unless i am doing something wrong…

Unless you’re a tanky heavy-armor class, you can’t rely on stackings stats as your primary defense. You need to use your active defenses properly. Push the right buttons at the right time, and all that

Tanky armored is not a solution in this mechanics, atack is the best defense.

Played for some time a guardian with 30hp arround 3.6 armor and good crit and crit chance, still some builds could crit over 20k, no matter how many rolls and blocks u do even if u know the skill animations of your target, if players cant do damage to scare the target away or kill its a lost match.

Tanky armored is the worst gameplay in gw2.
Btw a good warrior can hit over 22k on killshot (on guardians) if he know what is doing and when to use it.

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

in WvW

Posted by: Excalibur.9748

Excalibur.9748

there’s just a lot of terrible players in this game. who turns camera with the keyboard and clicks skills.

All is vain.

in WvW

Posted by: Prysin.8542

Prysin.8542

If you want to roam in WvW. Bring a zerker ranger with you.

1 – Ranger will be targeted first
2 – Ranger can burst the thief to death unless surprised attacked
3 – Drop all conditions ontop of the rangers feet or around it, you will kill the thief easily that way
4 – drop mines, they help locate stealthy enemies

Lv 80 Guard, Ranger, Ele, Thief, warr, engi
Currently @ some T1 server in EU

in WvW

Posted by: Johje Holan.4607

Johje Holan.4607

The reason Thieves in WvW are hitting this hard even on rather highly armoured targets is the massive power creep we have seen over the past year. Food, WXP ranks and now full ascended gear make for a very unhealthy mixture. No matter how good you play you cannot make a comback after a 12k Backstab.

Power creep has a huge impact already and I’m afraid we haven’t seen much yet. I fully understand the concerns of the OP and everyone who tries to derail this thread into a “OMG L2P NOOB” troll thread has clearly little understanding of what’s happening.

Had to quote this. Yep, power creep is a problem and its only going to get worse unfortunately. And don’t forget BL.

in WvW

Posted by: Forzani.2584

Forzani.2584

Stealth – implement for grief.

GW2 version it sure is. How anyone from Anet can collect a pay check after coming up with their brilliant idea of how stealth should work is beyond me. They should donate it back to the company in shame.

Stealth is fine, but not GW2s version.

When someone uses the word ‘Meta’, a kitten dies. Don’t do it.

in WvW

Posted by: Solstice.1097

Solstice.1097

I’ve been roaming with a condi warrior and thieves are a joke against it. I immobilize them and lay 10-15 stacks of bleed on them in no time, then drop a LB burst in their SR and they either run away or come out of stealth in downed state.

Not saying they are the best thieves out there, but we are talking about thieves as a class in general. The best players will make any class look OP.

in WvW

Posted by: Hickeroar.9734

Hickeroar.9734

Full zerk w/ some or all ascended
25 stacks of bloodlust
Guardleech

They’re sitting on loads of power.

In the whole time I’ve been playing WvW, I’ve been baslisk-venom→C/D→Backstab “three shot” like twice. The only advice I can give you is to get faster reaction times and use a stunbreak….? On my glass mesmer I have time to aim and blink away every time before they get their backstab off.

in WvW

Posted by: SoLeciTO.3490

SoLeciTO.3490

Most of the problems IMO is that most people do not get the role of each profession, and they want all to do the same.

When people understands that . . .

Look at the pools in the forum . . . thieves are always on bottom . . . with rangers and eles xD.

in WvW

Posted by: geist.3980

geist.3980

the best way to defeat a thief is to report his location and stay just out of his line of sight thereby preventing any fights with your server. after about 20minutes of boredom he will move to another border. I like to add the good thieves to my friends list so I can keep track of them and ruin their fun.

in WvW

Posted by: K U T M.4539

K U T M.4539

you’re getting killed by d/d thieves as an engi?

Basic [BS] NSP/Mag

in WvW

Posted by: Gwen.7619

Gwen.7619

You know its just to easy to sit there and say do this do that, not one of you has shown us what to do with a video! showing that yourself has L2P to help and validate what you say in that it is easy to counter a thief, to me you just are know it all with no proof. If your that good then help us by showing how easy it is please. Otherwise I simply don’t believe you and your trolling to make yourself look king

Sorry for my English as I’m Dyslexic

in WvW

Posted by: snacktime.1082

snacktime.1082

You know its just to easy to sit there and say do this do that, not one of you has shown us what to do with a video! showing that yourself has L2P to help and validate what you say in that it is easy to counter a thief, to me you just are know it all with no proof. If your that good then help us by showing how easy it is please. Otherwise I simply don’t believe you and your trolling to make yourself look king

Those video’s exist, should we teach you how to use google as well?

in WvW

Posted by: Cassocaster.4576

Cassocaster.4576

I have a warrior with Berserker traits and Valkyrie armor who can hit you with full adrenaline on a F1 for 16K points (she uses a corrupted rifle with a superior sigil of perception). For some players, that’s one hit and dead. She can do it once and then has to fight another 45 seconds before she can do it again. Thieves can do it again MUCH faster, I think that’s the biggest part to deal with. And as others said, assassination is what thieves are all about. They don’t run with the zerg, they hide, wait for a single player or at most, 3, and then back stabs. The mechanic may be over powered but I also shouldn’t be able to burst damage someone for 16K with one shot. Every class has OP and nerf….trait build around the attacks you run into (or bother you) the most because there’s no such thing as being prepared for everything.

in WvW

Yelloweyedemon.2860

Notice that , not really useful since you already eat the BS dmg,
Protect me also give 6sec and have stun break that allow you to run away.

The stun breaker is useless especially in 1v1 situations. You play a glass cannon build, so you can’t afford to get stunned. RaO is a must which you need to pop before each fight. Also, protect me is dead obvious to others since your player shouts protect me. A good thief will just stealth straight away.

(Not to mention that the pet can die before the 6 secs unless you use a bear. But if you use a bear as a zerker roaming ranger.. you deserve to die anyways)