Gift of Battle Feedback [merged]

in WvW

Posted by: Morte.5916

Morte.5916

Well, obviously Anet isn’t going to do anything about it. The threads have been merged and buried. Thx Anet.

I love how they shifted it to the WvW section……..where all the people it affects will never find it now.

GG

One has to wonder whether this was a deliberate move to bury the issue, or the mods really are that out of touch with who cares about this and what forum it belongs in.

in WvW

Posted by: Izanagi.6827

Izanagi.6827

So much for letting us choose the way we want to play the game, instead of making wvw more fun, they decided to funnel all those that need the gift to grind 8 hours for it to boost the wvw population, lazy game design there. Put the gift up for sale in the vendor again.

in WvW

Izanagi.6827

i say fire the person that make this suggestion and hire a new designer that can actually make wvw more enjoyable to boost its population or eventually everything will be behind a grind wall that is very boring and annoying (really? ramming wall, zerging keep and towers for 8 hours whats the fun in that?)

in WvW

Izanagi.6827

Basically they pulled a “read the fine prints” on us

in WvW

Posted by: Silberfederling.9302

Silberfederling.9302

ArenaNet is seriously having bad ideas most of the time. The announcement of this huge change was not enough and majority of us missed it, now we are stuck with everything. Bring back Gift of Battle as purchaseable item or we are gonna literally buy random crap and waste all resources to grief keeps.

Another one?
Go ahead, get your whiny kitten banned

in WvW

Posted by: Aitadis.8269

Aitadis.8269

ArenaNet is seriously having bad ideas most of the time. The announcement of this huge change was not enough and majority of us missed it, now we are stuck with everything. Bring back Gift of Battle as purchaseable item or we are gonna literally buy random crap and waste all resources to grief keeps.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Vial_of_Salt

Illusionary Mesmer
[oof] Crystal Desert

in WvW

Posted by: Ulion.5476

Ulion.5476

So much for letting us choose the way we want to play the game, instead of making wvw more fun, they decided to funnel all those that need the gift to grind 8 hours for it to boost the wvw population, lazy game design there. Put the gift up for sale in the vendor again.

This just in Legendary require you to play all game mode. Who knew? Who keep this secret from us? Why are we finding out about this now? :P

Ele – Tarnished Coast
“Quoth the raven nevermore”
Platinum Scout: 300% MF

in WvW

Posted by: jROON.7501

jROON.7501

Imagine if they added a gift of the league to sPvP, it’s a reward track. And you can only progress the reward track in ranked. To make it more fun, make it so winning and losing provide the same amount of track points, but also make it so you can’t completely afk you have to kill at least one player.

Clearly an interesting way to make sPvP more interesting.

in WvW

Posted by: Firmicute.3876

Firmicute.3876

you didnt have to do it before? Happily we can buy the tokens from the ah and dont have to slog through this.. well until now, that is

in WvW

Posted by: DivaCeryn.2673

DivaCeryn.2673

This needs to be re rolled like they did the proofs of heroics. Lots of people had been saving badges to buy the gifts. granted they added a buff build for wvw track BUT people that only own core game can not use the buffs since they can’t afford to buy HoT yet they helped build them doing missions and donating to treasure via guild bank or mail. Is this really fair to them?? no it is not. I do read patch notes and the forums all the time even i missed this and have 1000s of badges as well as others in my guild that were saving them. Thus said people with core game only working on old legendarys that don’t like wvw what are they to do when they can’t use the buff they helped build? and the new ones at least C & C take 5 gifts…. really. like i said this needs re rolled back just like you did the proofs of heroics AND if not at least allow the core game owners that helped build the buffs actually use them instead of the npc telling them “you must have HoT to use this”.

in WvW

DivaCeryn.2673

This needs to be re rolled like they did the proofs of heroics. Lots of people had been saving badges to buy the gifts. granted they added a buff build for wvw track BUT people that only own core game can not use the buffs since they can’t afford to buy HoT yet they helped build them doing missions and donating to treasure via guild bank or mail. Is this really fair to them?? no it is not. I do read patch notes and the forums all the time even i missed this and have 1000s of badges as well as others in my guild that were saving them. Thus said people with core game only working on old legendarys that don’t like wvw what are they to do when they can’t use the buff they helped build? and the new ones at least C & C take 5 gifts…. really. like i said this needs re rolled back just like you did the proofs of heroics AND if not at least allow the core game owners that helped build the buffs actually use them instead of the npc telling them “you must have HoT to use this”.

in WvW

Posted by: Najten.2418

Najten.2418

What is your WvW rank?

With 15k badges I’m sure his rank is high enough and they did remove the merchant for everyone less than 48 hours ago.

How can you be sure? Everyone gets a kittenload of Badges for free from achievement chests and even some from dungeon runs. Without doing WvW at all. Wonder if the name of that gift is misleading?! :p

Badge of Honor
But sure, you all “worked” hard … :p

You do realise that the people with the highest ammount of achievement points in the world could not possibly have received more than 13000 Badges of Honor from Achievement Chests? And that they have passed the 32500 chest marker..
Also, if you think getting 32500+ Achievement Points is “zero effort”, you’re extremely ignorant.
Meanwhile my “on and off” WvW-farming friend has just passed rank 5439 in WvW, which would’ve given him 27185 Badges of Honor from “rank up chests” alone. But I guess those badges are zero effort too, since they come from chests? Or do they count if the effort is done in WvW instead of in other game modes?

Please stop confusing “effort put in different game modes” with “not putting in any effort at all”.

in WvW

Posted by: Clisna.3041

Clisna.3041

Anet never evaluate how hard the WvW reward line complete than PvP reward.
You can easily finish a PvP reward line by play about few hours but you hard to finish WvW reward line like that.

Also, I am a PvEer, I feel WvW so boring since I can just farm and run circle at those map in my opinion. And now you ANET say I have to do that if I want do make legendary weapon?

Return that vendor to us, I believe there are lot of player think you Anet had a noob disicion too!

in WvW

Posted by: Sweet Sanity.8593

Sweet Sanity.8593

There has been around 5 threads about this. They were merged into one. You should check it out

in WvW

Posted by: CrimeMaker.8612

CrimeMaker.8612

Hey man we WvWers have to do kitten ton of pve to craft legendaries so I don’t why is there a problem for you to do WvW. We WvWers find pve boring af too but we still have to do it. Also gift of battle is literally 2% of the legendary so if you can’t do 2% WvW then you don’t deserve it.

in WvW

Posted by: MashMash.1645

MashMash.1645

Well, obviously Anet isn’t going to do anything about it. The threads have been merged and buried. Thx Anet.

I love how they shifted it to the WvW section……..where all the people it affects will never find it now.

GG

One has to wonder whether this was a deliberate move to bury the issue, or the mods really are that out of touch with who cares about this and what forum it belongs in.

Well, it effects more than just WvW.

Pre-Ordered HoT | Recently started to get what I paid for – may spend $$$

in WvW

Posted by: HGLatinBoy.9174

HGLatinBoy.9174

It’s cute that they added the reward tracks and at first I thought it was nice that there was another way to get the gift of battle for those that wanted an alternative then I read that my 918 badges are basically useless to me now as I don’t do WvW much. I’m too busy doing HoT stuff and now I have to start WvW again if I want to finish making my 2 Legendaries (Astra/Moot)

Is there any way an Anet could be convince to keep the old method available to players? I don’t see a reason why we can’t have both ways of obtaining. It wasn’t broke before so why mess with it?

Even if they decide to not change it back to the way it was maybe they could give us a few months of a grace period for people who want to use their badges for a Gift of Battle.

It takes a lot of convincing for Anet to rollback a change like this and I don’t expect them to listen to us until months from now but if we don’t say anything then things will stay this way.

in WvW

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Here’s a link to the current thread: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wuv/Gift-of-Battle-2

Good luck.

in WvW

Posted by: Shakki.3219

Shakki.3219

I’m wondering how many people didn’t know.. it spread the word already 2 weeks before the patch hit o.O

Reaper – Anguîsh

in WvW

Posted by: Thraellic.5147

Thraellic.5147

Just to clarify: the issue is not being “forced to WvW”. I happily WvW’d and saved up a bunch of BoH’s.

I’ll happily do it again if I need to, this time on a reward track, whatever. No problem.

THE ISSUE IS: having that past effort completely disrespected, disregarded and nullified.

It’s astonishing to me that Anet would make a decision like this, and makes me wonder what future completely irrational decisions they may come up with.

(edited by Thraellic.5147)

in WvW

Posted by: Thraellic.5147

Thraellic.5147

Or let’s put it like this:

Person A and Person B play an equal amount of WvW. Person A decides to buy GOB. Person B decides to keep BOH in his wallet for later.

Now person A has a GOB. But Person B has to go and repeat that effort.

Seem fair? Think Person B feels like his efforts are being respected?

in WvW

Posted by: Aidan Savage.2078

Aidan Savage.2078

You should have been reading the news then. You had what, almost 3 months to buy a gift of battle with badges? Not anet’s fault you didnt buy it while you had the chance.

in WvW

Posted by: KalasDelRio.8921

KalasDelRio.8921

GG to everyone thinking they’ll just be able to AFK the reward track in WvW. You’ll only be giving Anet a reason to reduce the inactivity timer, which they probably should do come to think of it.

And it’d be hilarious if they actually did. Afk for one tick = booted from WvW and no points for participation.

Majestic Mez | Snoop Doggs Blunt | Majestic Tracer [OMEN]

in WvW

Posted by: ThomasC.1056

ThomasC.1056

I think it’s very disappointing, considering how BOH are getting less and less useful. A way to sort this out would consist in using BOH as a currency to buy potions of WvW rewards track. That wouldn’t solve, but that’d somehow help a bit.

in WvW

Posted by: Offair.2563

Offair.2563

Just hop on the eotm train. It is like dragon stand, without a dragon.

Big Babou, Ranger for life.
Madness Rises [Rise] – Banners Hold.
Don’t argue with idiots, they pull you down their level and own you with experience.

in WvW

Posted by: Offair.2563

Offair.2563

Getting this gift is like 2% of the whole progress to get a legendary? If that is already to much i dont know how it is like to get the 98% done.

Big Babou, Ranger for life.
Madness Rises [Rise] – Banners Hold.
Don’t argue with idiots, they pull you down their level and own you with experience.

in WvW

Posted by: Critical Lag.9075

Critical Lag.9075

You should have been reading the news then. You had what, almost 3 months to buy a gift of battle with badges? Not anet’s fault you didnt buy it while you had the chance.

2 lines of text in 20k word essay hidden in WvW section with no deadline date given, how exactly is that news? I read every patch notes but I skip WvW sections becouse I don’t play it. Such important change that affects mostly PvE players should be mentioned in other sections of patch notes or have it’s own warning at least 1 week prior to the change.

in WvW

Posted by: Ryokitchi.1642

Ryokitchi.1642

yeah men i just file ticket too! kind a waste of time if you grind in WVW. so much stuff to do .

in WvW

Posted by: Ryokitchi.1642

Ryokitchi.1642

Yeah men such a waste of time to grind in WVW just for gift of battle . so much stuff to do .

in WvW

Najten.2418

I’m wondering how many people didn’t know.. it spread the word already 2 weeks before the patch hit o.O

In my guild of roughly 30 active PvE oriented players; 0 people knew before the patch hit.

(edited by Najten.2418)

in WvW

Posted by: Machiavell.7396

Machiavell.7396

Hey man we WvWers have to do kitten ton of pve to craft legendaries so I don’t why is there a problem for you to do WvW. We WvWers find pve boring af too but we still have to do it. Also gift of battle is literally 2% of the legendary so if you can’t do 2% WvW then you don’t deserve it.

Because this game (like every mmo) cannot exist without PvE, therefore it is normal for WvWers to go pve, WvW is pve in the end, you destroy walls as a zerg

PvE players therefore need GoB in vendor so they wont need to go and ruin your perfect strategies for 8h a day.

Unofficial Master Bugfinder and Design Critic.
“He will improve everything that ArenaNet added to infinity and beyond.”

in WvW

Posted by: Weli.4568

Weli.4568

Lol, You know nothing.

WvW has had the struggles since the launch. Kill 250,00 dolyaks anyone? Or anything crazy like that. Luckily it did get changed to something more reasonable.

Like I said before. The GoB barely required any effort to get it as you could just do the jumping puzzles daily and get your badges that way. This way it feels more like Gift of Battle as what ever you do, you are technically supporting your realms “war” effort.

Seeing how I’m just afk’ing this entire reward track, I’m actually doing absolutely nothing for the “war effort”. On the contrary, some people were mad because I took up a spot while doing nothing and there were queues.

Before you get to the afking part you have had to do something to get the reward track progression. It doesn’t move up by itself. Killing a sentry or veteran guard still contributes towards the total score so you are helping. Every 15minutes by at least 1 one point.

Sure, afking is bad. Imagine like dragons stand with full map, 3 coms and having 20ish people just afk at the spawn waiting for the events to progress so they can get the pods easy with no effort. Same thing imo. Does it happen? Not really.

Scatter the Weak [WK], Extraordinary Gentlemen [EXG]
Desolation

in WvW

Posted by: Machiavell.7396

Machiavell.7396

There is more afk people in Dragon Stand than you imagine xD

Unofficial Master Bugfinder and Design Critic.
“He will improve everything that ArenaNet added to infinity and beyond.”

in WvW

Posted by: evlover.6270

evlover.6270

The stunning thing here is that it seems like a battle between PvE and WvW players while it shouldn’t be. People have always been able to get the gift of battle by trading badges so why change it? If they return the vendor for a limited time, what use will the update have if everyone stocks like 5-10 gifts of battle so they won’t run out of them?

I am not a WvW type of player (29 world comps so very PvE focused) but I do have to agree that gift of battle was too easy to get. On the other hand, the reward tracks on WvW are just insanely slow compared to PvP. A PvP game lasts around 8mins (on average) and you get at least 500 points for a loss and 1500 for a win. Let’s say you win 50% of your games, that ‘ll get you an average of 1000 points/8mins. Hell, let’s even round it up to 10mins to be sure we’re not taking too less time to finish a game and queuing. So 1000 track points/10mins.

In WvW, the max you can get /5mins is 195 points, so 390 points/10mins but you have to get max participation first and when you log out, you can go get your max participation again. The difference here is just to big: 1000/10mins in PvP and not even half in WvW. Just double the track gain in WvW, give the WvW people some more loot from tracks and reduce the time people have to forcefully spend there to get a legendary. That way both the PvE and WvW community would benefit from it.

And for those who have all those spare badges now, it’s still the easiest way to buy a zerk armor set for alts so they aren’t really useless even if you planned to used them for a legy

So all in all, I’d just leave the old vendor out of it but double the reward track points. Everybody happy

in WvW

Posted by: Loosmaster.8263

Loosmaster.8263

Make every body happy, change the recepie and remove the requirement for GoB.

Tacktical Killers [TK]
We’re looking for players.
PM me here or ING.

in WvW

Posted by: Mira.4906

Mira.4906

They could always compromise by putting the vendor back in the game but then reverting the change of adding badges of honor to the achievement point chests and nerf the badges of honor to levels when the game was released. I remember when you got 20 badges of honor on a full night of WvW since they only dropped from players.

People need to get out of comfort zones and try new things. If you didn’t enjoy WvW the first time or have never tried it, look for a pvx or wvw guild to join, the game is more enjoyable when you stand with your guildmates against the odds. I don’t like raids, but if I want legendary armor I have to complete them, that’s basically hat this argument is, I want this but I don’t want to put in the effort to complete a part I don’t like. Put in the effort, 8hrs is an incredibly short period of time in making a legendary weapon component.

Guild Leader for [Myth] Darkhaven

in WvW

DivaCeryn.2673

This needs to be re rolled like they did the proofs of heroics. Lots of people had been saving badges to buy the gifts. granted they added a buff build for wvw track BUT people that only own core game can not use the buffs since they can’t afford to buy HoT yet they helped build them doing missions and donating to treasure via guild bank or mail. Is this really fair to them?? no it is not. I do read patch notes and the forums all the time even i missed this as did tons of people since it was a small part in a 17,000-18,000 word patch notes. I play all parts of the game PvE, PvP and WvW and have 1000s of badges as well as others in my guild that were saving them. Thus said people with core game only working on old legendarys that don’t like wvw what are they to do when they can’t use the buff they helped build? and the new ones at least C & C take 5 gifts…. really. like i said this needs re rolled back just like you did the proofs of heroics AND if not at least allow the core game owners that helped build the buffs actually use them instead of the npc telling them “you must have HoT to use this”. If not re rolled at least put the merch back for a short time so people can use it then remove it. Moving and merging threads on this to the WvW discussion part of the forums made it even harder for most to find they are looking for it.

in WvW

Posted by: Aitadis.8269

Aitadis.8269

Bring back WvW map completion requirement for Gift of Exploration at the same time while your at it.

Illusionary Mesmer
[oof] Crystal Desert

in WvW

Posted by: Tumult.2578

Tumult.2578

GG to everyone thinking they’ll just be able to AFK the reward track in WvW. You’ll only be giving Anet a reason to reduce the inactivity timer, which they probably should do come to think of it.

And it’d be hilarious if they actually did. Afk for one tick = booted from WvW and no points for participation.

Yeah, none of these Pve’rs are smart enough to use all your supply everywhere building worthless seige. That’s not an issue is it. Even if that seige wont defend when there’s no supply to repair.

in WvW

Najten.2418

People need to get out of comfort zones and try new things. If you didn’t enjoy WvW the first time or have never tried it, look for a pvx or wvw guild to join, the game is more enjoyable when you stand with your guildmates against the odds. I don’t like raids, but if I want legendary armor I have to complete them, that’s basically hat this argument is, I want this but I don’t want to put in the effort to complete a part I don’t like. Put in the effort, 8hrs is an incredibly short period of time in making a legendary weapon component.

When am I allowed to say “I don’t like WvW for longer periods of time (2-3 dailies is about as much as I can push it without getting sick of it most days). I tried WvW, I tried PvP. I prefer PvE, plain and simple.” ?

Attachments:

in WvW

Posted by: apawnascending.5192

apawnascending.5192

Like I’m getting into WvW and was starting to do it more and honestly am starting to have fun with it but now I can’t work on the tracks I want to and the progress with the track is so slow. It’s REALLY laborious and tedious to work on a forced track especially how slow track progress is.
I noticed a lot of people that do PvE (for the most part like me) complaining that it distracts from the progress they are trying to make and that’s a really fair point. If the rewards for doing WvW were better I’m sure more people would do it. Investing time into WvW detracts heavily from progress I could be making elsewhere to the point where I rarely bother doing WvW outside my guild doing guild missions.
Unless I’m doing it with friends it is slow and unrewarding.
Instead of making the gift of battle a mandatory track like this, increasing rewards will likely get more people playing it.

Honestly it’s the ascended gear drops that I bother doing Tier 4 fractals. I can get mystic clovers at a reasonable rate with PvP. WvW barely nets me anything and now the little I get is only the gift of battle since now it’s forced. This isn’t fun.

in WvW

Posted by: Novae.7801

Novae.7801

Dont Let the thread die and can someone make a petition.

Lets see how many signatures we can get so they can’t ignore this.

in WvW

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

Dear me. This thread makes me appreciate WvWers. Some of the comments are just unbelievable, coming from adults.

L’enfer, c’est les autres

in WvW

Posted by: Critical Lag.9075

Critical Lag.9075

Why not make it easier for WvW people instead? Add a reward track that awards 1/6th gift of exploration. Doing it 6 times would be pretty much same time as 100% world but you could do it in WvW, doing what you like. Also a lot of PvE players hate map exploration for nth time, it’s boring as hell, especially renown hearts.

in WvW

Najten.2418

Dear me. This thread makes me appreciate WvWers. Some of the comments are just unbelievable, coming from adults.

Oh you’ll find all types in all game modes.

in WvW

Posted by: OriOri.8724

OriOri.8724

You think the WvW players are being any more mature than the PvE players? You must have been reading a different thread. The WvW players were the ones spouting off such gems as

“I had to suffer so its only right that you have to suffer too”

not the PvE players

in WvW

Posted by: OriOri.8724

OriOri.8724

kitten I wish you people would think before speaking up. Yes ANet said that the vendor would be removed when reward tracks for WvW left Beta. But ANet never once announced beforehand when that might be. Not until the patch dropped and the vendor was actually removed did we learn that this was the patch where the reward tracks were leaving beta. We had absolutely zero information as to an actual date, merely that it would happen eventually.

But that still doesn’t excuse the fact that this was hidden in patch notes that were nearly 20 thousand words long. Forgive me and others for not having perfect memory and not remembering absolutely everything we read in a 20 thousand word document.

in WvW

Posted by: Andraus.3874

Andraus.3874

Silly Savage, It was not in the news section of the forums. Reading the news would not help. You are correct that this is news that should be very public. But it was hidden in patch notes. Not news.

in WvW

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

You think the WvW players are being any more mature than the PvE players? You must have been reading a different thread. The WvW players were the ones spouting off such gems as

“I had to suffer so its only right that you have to suffer too”

not the PvE players

No I think the point was that legendaries shouldn’t be something given away like candy. If you want it, you need to master both game modes. It makes getting one extra valuable because you put in the work, whether it’s in pve that wvwers hate but follow the rules, or in wvw, that pve players flatly refuse to do.

You’re not seeing the dichotomy?

The bottom line is you have a choice. Put in the work and get the shiny, or just don’t get one. It really doesn’t have that much impact on your game play by not having one.

L’enfer, c’est les autres

in WvW

Posted by: Kaiser.9873

Kaiser.9873

I’m pretty sick of wvw right now. It seems, lately, whenever I go in there it’s all just running around. And then ambushed. And then repeat. It’s pointless and frustrating.
I won’t waste time here going down a list of should have, could have, would have… But that’s also pointless and frustrating. But we’re almost back to where we started: people having to grind a game mode because it’s the only way to get a required material. So sick of it.

…………………………….Really?