Gunnar's Hold~Ruins of Surmia~Ring of Fire

in WvW

Posted by: Jimmy JimBob.2801

Jimmy JimBob.2801

T
As for Gunnars, we’ll be back! :P (and good luck on next week)

It might take a couple weeks as I could see us dropping down ourselves next week.

RoS will probably have tiered up so maybe we can get RoF vs GH vs DZ again.

As the Americans went back to the US and FIRE have jumped ship it will be like a replay from the first few days of that original match up we had with all three servers being almost exactly equal points wise with what 1 or 2 k point spread between us it should be great fun as it was very evenly matched.

With RoS likely to go up one of DL, UW or MS have to come down though so it’s more likely to be 2 of Dzag, RoF and GH fighting a slightly bigger T6 server on rotation.

And as we’ve found out the points difference between T6 and T7 means that unless you really do some stomping it’s very difficult to chip away at the Delta

in WvW

Posted by: Hyung.6140

Hyung.6140

Maybe if we ask Anet nicely they’ll let us ALL tier down and we can leave Surmia to tier up completely unopposed in an otherwise empty T7 – they can enjoy an absence of queues and ZERO enemy blobs, and the rest of us can enjoy a nice balanced matchup.

Come on Anet, you know it makes (no) sense!

—-
Hyinna, Gunnars Hold
[Ub] – My Life for Alesia

in WvW

Posted by: Neandramathal.9536

Neandramathal.9536

Maybe if we ask Anet nicely they’ll let us ALL tier down and we can leave Surmia to tier up completely unopposed in an otherwise empty T7 – they can enjoy an absence of queues and ZERO enemy blobs, and the rest of us can enjoy a nice balanced matchup.

Sorry, you’ve already convinced me to move to T13.

[GoV] Gnomes of Vabbi || [Imp] Impact
Currently @ Piken Square
Small scale unimpressive videos of unimpressiveness: http://www.youtube.com/neandramathal

in WvW

Posted by: Roo Stercogburn.9671

Roo Stercogburn.9671

I’ve enjoyed the fights versus Surmia this week.

However, given the very large increase in its WvW population in recent days my preference would be for them to go up a tier immediately as next week will not even be remotely interesting fights. It will just be superblobs roflstomping all over maps.

Master Baker on Gunnars Hold serving you hot cookies.
Looney vids at http://www.youtube.com/feed/UCRhCtfrF9GhxU1CoeZSN0kQ/u
Midnight Mayhem

in WvW

Posted by: Jimmy JimBob.2801

Jimmy JimBob.2801

The sad thing is RoS are still 110 rating points behind DL. They’ll need to really stomp both servers to move up, and if they don’t – then whichever unlucky server isn’t relegated to T8 and RoF will have to do it allover again.

Promises to be a fun matchup!!

in WvW

Hyung.6140

Sorry, you’ve already convinced me to move to T13.

Mate, it’s going to be SO awesome! We can teach them (well, that one guy on the opposition server) our epic T7 tactics, and I bet the fights with them (sorry, him) will be AMAZING. All 10 of us are going to have such a great time beating them (HIM, god, sorry). I just hope he doesn’t blob up with the guy from the other server to oppose us.

Tier 13 has needed a shake-up for a long time anyway, I mean, how much fun can both of them be having down there? I can’t see any way to find out except to mass transfer our guild and see for ourselves!

—-
Hyinna, Gunnars Hold

in WvW

Posted by: Aisina.4963

Aisina.4963

Just got a nice video of PI guys from RoF glitching tru the gate to cap Sunnyhill
Don’t know if the leader of PI condones the use of exploits but its nice to know u guys play fair.

Can contact me if u wish to see the video

It keeps surprising me how guilds that have been in the same matchup for weeks and KNOW [PI] doesn’t condone glitching or whatever come out here acting as if I allow glitching and trying to tarnish my guild’s name instead of having a bit of tact and just contact me.
We have always played fair so don’t come on here trying to say we don’t, if the glitch hapenned then its obviously an isolated case and I will look into it. I’m also fairly sure none of us would even know how to glitch into something.
You can send me this video you seem to have.

Apologies from PRXM. This was not brought to my attention, or that of the Council before posting. I will look into it and contact you if I feel it merits you acting upon it.

Aisi x

S/F Asuran Elementalist

in WvW

Posted by: Runty Choir.4893

Runty Choir.4893

Yea i hope they change the way the rating system works soon as a lot of tiers have become locked now unless a a server in it or below massively dominates. This is being proven by the fact that SFR and Deso cant drop from tier 1 no matter how hard they lose lol.

Alpha
Victrixx [xVx]

in WvW

Posted by: Ilesyt.7084

Ilesyt.7084

Well desolation and SFR are playing stupid, if they want to drop down they need to let 1 server be totally roflstomped. For example SFR focus on Desolation or the other way around so they get more points than Deso, that way deso will lose even more points and will drop down, allowing the server below to rise and then they can let that server roflstomp them.

Leader of Deus Ex Machina [DEX]
Ruins of Surmia

in WvW

Posted by: Lelith.2916

Lelith.2916

Ever played on Deso? Believe me.. it is far easier to say to do something than it is to actually do it..

Guild Leader of Eternal Invictus [INVI].

in WvW

Posted by: Moturdrn.2837

Moturdrn.2837

go into super saiyan mode next week

Don’t we need to sit around for 7 episodes to get the talking out the way first though?

Midnight Mayhem [MM] – Gunnar’s Hold
Visko Bludhaven – Level 80 Human Elementalist
Gunnar’s Hold Server Forum

in WvW

Posted by: Neito.5308

Neito.5308

Not sure about a lot of players but I like it when other servers blob… If there’s no skill lag of course.

More kills

in WvW

Posted by: Aneu.1748

Aneu.1748

Well desolation and SFR are playing stupid, if they want to drop down they need to let 1 server be totally roflstomped. For example SFR focus on Desolation or the other way around so they get more points than Deso, that way deso will lose even more points and will drop down, allowing the server below to rise and then they can let that server roflstomp them.

The problem is you have select guilds that will do that then you have the plethora of randoms or unguilded folk who will go out and do what they want. Its impossible to organise then you have the fact that BOTH SFR and Deso want to drop down and also have tier 2 servers that really dont want to go up a tier since they will be fighting the same stagnancy inducing force that is Vizunah.

I think people give the lower tiers a much harder time than they deserve, all of this “why drop down tiers!” kitten is kind of disparaging to see, we’ve already seen that some guilds in this tier have similar or equal skill level to that of the higher tiers the only difference is the blob. The blob on this tier is in no way shape or form anything considered a “blob” on Tier 1 where an entire server moves around in a single formation (100+ players) and I am yet to see that here. Biggest we have seen is around 60 players in one area which was great fun to fight with our 25 and long may it continue.

Aneu | [VoTF]
http://www.votf.net

in WvW

Hyung.6140

Biggest we have seen is around 60 players in one area which was great fun to fight with our 25 and long may it continue.

#humblebrag

—-
Hyinna, Gunnars Hold

in WvW

Posted by: Teel.9036

Teel.9036

There most likely is a huge difference between T1 blobs and T5/T6 blobs. I take it you’ve never met Vizunah in its current state.

I’ve been on SFR since day one, and I stayed there until we got to T1, so I know how T1 works. I also know what it means to be on a beautiful server ruined by mass transfer.

Do you really think there is a difference between the blobs of Gandara, FSP, or Aurora Glade and those of Vizunah? Really? The numbers are always the same, and I assure you that the zerg of Gandara or Aurora Glade in some ways are even worse because they are really organized (FSP zerg is quite similar to Vizunah zerg).

Don’t you want to believe me? Np, the problems is your not mine, but it’s really annoying to see people complaining about the blob while they actively contribute to create the problem.

Don’t you like the blob? Well, I’ll tell you a secret there are 7 servers in the lower tiers, and two of these are almost empty.

If you say they blob as much as Vizunah AND they are more organized, then they’d be in T1, not Vizunah. You’re shooting down your own argument there.

Teelie l VoTF

in WvW

Posted by: Genotix.6804

Genotix.6804

Your post makes sense Aneu.
Since you weren’t at this matchup since the beginning let me tell you a couple of things.
We had a a guy at our chatbox(I am from GH btw) mocking us about our skills and accusing us about blobing as the only way to beat them
That guy is from one of the guilds recently tranfered to RoS, name and guild is not important.
If you have nothing better to do, check this topic to see and you will understand what i am talking about.
So you see why we are a bit curious about why some high and mighty T1 guilds, accused a puny T7 server of blobing.
As for your wish that those fights may continue, sorry mate but not gonna happen.
You will soon be at t5 and it is completely another game there:)

@Teel Simply they do not have the coverage vizuna has. Otherwise tier does not mean skill as you will soon realise.

(edited by Genotix.6804)

in WvW

Hyung.6140

It’s also worth remembering that we only get ‘those good fights’ for a couple of hours during primetime, and only in some places. The rest of the time (and on the rest of the borderlands) it’s just a Surmian outnumberfest.

It’s not like you can’t move for epic fights in this tier right now, unlike – say – last week when we had 3 equally balanced servers and there was always a fun fight to be had.

—-
Hyinna, Gunnars Hold

in WvW

Posted by: Genev.2450

Genev.2450

I haven’t seen blobs yet personally, I’ve seen some zergs, and a pretty big turtle, but nothing what i could call a blob after having played in T1.
I’ve also had no skill lag so far, no fps lag (thinking of upping my gfx settings a bit and see what happens – i prefer playing pretty games), and people will actually fight us instead of running away/into the nearest tower or keep without it being under attack or on our path, etc.

While I have no doubt T5 has bigger numbers, I doubt they will be of the sort that Vizu fielded, and like Vizu plays.

in WvW

Posted by: Genotix.6804

Genotix.6804

I haven’t seen blobs yet personally, I’ve seen some zergs, and a pretty big turtle, but nothing what i could call a blob after having played in T1.
I’ve also had no skill lag so far, no fps lag (thinking of upping my gfx settings a bit and see what happens – i prefer playing pretty games), and people will actually fight us instead of running away/into the nearest tower or keep without it being under attack or on our path, etc.

While I have no doubt T5 has bigger numbers, I doubt they will be of the sort that Vizu fielded, and like Vizu plays.

Oh for that you can be sure that we will fight you.
I would personally fight you even if i was alone at the map.

in WvW

Posted by: pejot.4806

pejot.4806

All that needs to happen now is for all Vizunah guilds to drop down from T1 to say to Ranik for some fun/non blobby fights and the circle will be complete.

Nonono, to t5? I say, they should move to Arborstone

Anya of the Mists
[TaG] guild/raid leader
Gunnar’s Hold

in WvW

Genev.2450

So, why did i get angry whispers from a GH guy saying that nobody ever comes to GH to “help” and only the servers who don’t deserve it get “help”?
(quotes added by me)

Edit: The white/black Charr thief from TaG who we saw a few times in RoF border last night – You’re funny, and, I don’t know much about thieves, but you also looked good :o

in WvW

Posted by: fab.3298

fab.3298

Yeah, you’ll see that thief everywhere, he’s quite the character.

Fab The Guardian
[Re] Rerolled

in WvW

Hyung.6140

So, why did i get angry whispers from a GH guy saying that nobody ever comes to GH to “help” and only the servers who don’t deserve it get “help”?
(quotes added by me)

Maybe he was angry?

Or maybe he doesn’t remember the last time we got “help” and went up to T5 and back down again? Or maybe he doesn’t enjoy the T7 style that we had the last few weeks that was fun and balanced and he’d be happier on a server with lots of “help” in a higher tier?

Frankly, not sure. If you’re saying the fact that not everyone on GH has the exact same opinion somehow invalidates what people are saying here then I’ll have to respectfully disagree.

—-
Hyinna, Gunnars Hold

in WvW

Neandramathal.9536

That would likely depend on his name Genev, and to a lessser extent how long he has been around.

GH has had it’s fair share of hop on/hop off guilds, always going “Nah we’re after the quiet life we’re done with tiers” followed by a few weeks later “You guys suck you’re never going to get anywhere” and departure. Unfortunately every time a new guild comes a knocking there are people that forget these previous occurances, or who – bless their cotton socks – convince themselves that this time may be different. Perhaps I’m just getting cynical these days, but I gave up expecting different a long long time ago.

There is always the odd player who wants to plough up the tiers regardless of the servers actual capability to do so, but is too stubborn to accept that if tier is what really matters to them they’re probably better off just moving

Currently @ Piken Square
Small scale unimpressive videos of unimpressiveness: http://www.youtube.com/neandramathal

in WvW

Genev.2450

It doesn’t invalidate what people are saying, I was simply curious where that came from and figured you guys would know, since obviously, you’re from the same server and would know better than me why he seemed so unhappy.
I haven’t followed what happened to GH after I left last time, so the reaction seemed a bit weird to me.

in WvW

Posted by: Zgorzel.4902

Zgorzel.4902

It doesn’t invalidate what people are saying, I was simply curious where that came from and figured you guys would know, since obviously, you’re from the same server and would know better than me why he seemed so unhappy.
I haven’t followed what happened to GH after I left last time, so the reaction seemed a bit weird to me.

So in Your opinion if we can find a hacker/cheater on Your server then You will obviously know what is he thinking?

Midnight Mayhem [MM] – Gunnar’s Hold
Gunnar’s Hold Server Forum

in WvW

Genev.2450

Yes I know every single person on our server and all the whispered conversations that they have……………

People who whisper people on other servers to complain when they don’t know them tend to be quite vocal in their own community, whether anyone listens to them or not.
I was also more curious about what was behind it than the actual person, for example some history of GH which might have triggered that, which Neandramathal. was kind enough to give me.

in WvW

Posted by: Roo Stercogburn.9671

Roo Stercogburn.9671

This post aimed at no individual, its a general comment.

People can brag as much as they want and snipe in petty ways. That is after all a lot of what happens on forums. There’s some of it from all sides, none of us is innocent.

Thing is, no matter what is thrown at us next week, GH will step up. GH will deliver the best possible with the resources available. Doesn’t matter how big the army/blob/zerg/borg, we’ll work with what we’ve got and find ways to do the unexpected. And we might get roflstomped regardless

See, never having really had huge numbers we’ve had to rely on something else.

‘Brains’ you’re thinking. Nah, its beer. Frothy, lovely, bubbly nectar of the gods.

We log on. We fight. Sometimes we lose. Sometimes the goliaths get a shock. The community remains. And its only the community that matters because from that all else comes. And beer.

Think of Gunnars Hold as an evil proctologist holding a cattle prod.

Master Baker on Gunnars Hold serving you hot cookies.
Looney vids at http://www.youtube.com/feed/UCRhCtfrF9GhxU1CoeZSN0kQ/u
Midnight Mayhem

in WvW

Posted by: VicisPatronus.5418

VicisPatronus.5418

Choo Choo, the tier 1 bandwagon Surmia is leaving soon. Everyone aboard?

Commander for [MM] on Gunnars Hold

in WvW

Posted by: Phetid.1802

Phetid.1802

No, Roo. Not just beer. Some of us drink a lot of whisky as well.

Booze makes us all WAY better players. Its true. And better singers too.

Some of us on GH use those electified dog collars rather than cattle prods. Harder to apply, but more effective over a longer period.

Guild Leader – Cry Havoc (CHvc)

in WvW

Genev.2450

Personally I’m more fond of vodka.

in WvW

Posted by: Maverick.9472

Maverick.9472

No definitely Beer – and none of this pansy lager stuff :P

Oh Beer, Fish fingers and Custard

<< awaits Roo’s “Pond” moment :O

in WvW

Neandramathal.9536

Cider.

Errm, I mean OOooooaaARRR, I loikes me scrumpy!

Currently @ Piken Square

in WvW

Posted by: zonderbon.5871

zonderbon.5871

RoS well probably won’t be as much fun next week but was interesting stuff, as I said favorite guild to fight FA and on going fights throughout the week confirmed my opinion, good stuff and probably the best on RoS

We try! Thanks for the words and thanks for the fights this week to everyone, was fun. :>

Some of us drink a lot of whisky as well.

Oh, magically ship me some of that when I visit your server this evening for that event of yours :d

Feras Pridestalker/Acamar Blazeclaw of <Waking January>, the in-game and real-life band!

in WvW

Posted by: Ilesyt.7084

Ilesyt.7084

Sorry, tickets are sold out, only the night and morning trains have a few slots available.

Leader of Deus Ex Machina [DEX]
Ruins of Surmia

in WvW

Posted by: Neil.6138

Neil.6138

Hi there,

We had a very good GvG against [PRxM] Pryxium to night.
We were 25 you 35-40 I guess ?
That was very fun thanks.
Hope to get others GvG soon.

Bye

PRXM Vs RoS, and Vs [NOM] – Nom, nom, nom

Enjoyed your squad based tactics, having two groups. Good job PRXM were watchful, but it did take us off guard. Very fun.

My PVP videos
Staff Ele Organised WvW Guide
The Frenzied Few [RAGE], Gunnars Hold.

in WvW

Posted by: Caliban.3176

Caliban.3176

Blashpemer. King Albert II does not approve of this statement.

[VoTF] www.votf-online.net
7.2k+ hours played on Minesweeper

in WvW

Genev.2450

Blashpemer. King Albert II does not approve of this statement.

Beer tastes bad, and im not going to be all like “Yeah! I’m going to drink this vile tasting stuff because people told me i’ll get used to it and learn to like it! Also, because I’m supposed to because of my nationality!”

King Albert II can think what he wants about it :p

in WvW

Posted by: Shagath.8069

Shagath.8069

Alcoholic beverages are being consumed on RoS side as well.. At least by me!

Beer tastes bad, and im not going to be all like "Yeah! I’m going to drink this vile tasting stuff because people told me i’ll get used to it and learn to like it!

I didn’t like my first sip but loved already the second. :p

[VoTF] www.votf-online.net
Drunken necromancer

(edited by Shagath.8069)

in WvW

Posted by: Luffy.9365

Luffy.9365

Vodka is godly……try caipiroska (with strawberry-female population)

[VcY]Velocity – Snowfang/Luffy D Portgas/Bagif

in WvW

Posted by: Kodel.4871

Kodel.4871

Thanks to GH for the last few weeks it has been alot of fun especially after Krew left and you showed you didn’t really even need them. I certainly feel for you playing in Tier 7 for the next week or longer just because even after RoS move up you’ll still have to fight a Tier 6 which is no fun I found

It’s at times like this I’m actually grateful RoF was classed as high population and so exempt from free transfers or cheaper ones. Even getting beat quite bad a server generally always learns and improves i’ve noticed and I’m very proud of RoF to what we have achieved in terms of end of week points even with 0 transfers to us.

Looking forward to tier 8, I enjoyed fighting WSR last time they have some excellent single players and they never give up.

Ceda Bloodeye – Ranger
Trullsengar – Elementalist
Arapay – Mesmer, Guild Leader RCG / Ring of Fire

in WvW

Genev.2450

Oh god, strawberries with any type of alcohol is the single best invention of mankind…..
I usually drink my vodka as a classic screwdriver, with orange juice (though mixed strong, need to be able to taste there’s alcohol in there imo)

in WvW

Posted by: Edeor.9720

Edeor.9720

If you say they blob as much as Vizunah AND they are more organized, then they’d be in T1, not Vizunah. You’re shooting down your own argument there.

Ok, let’s play with math.

As you may know, the cap for each bl is the same for all servers, so it is quite obvious that, if two servers have queue on all boders, the number of players for each map is the same, and the length of the queue is irrelevant (1 hour, 1 day, 1 month, the cap is always the same).

Vizunah has a very high population (well at least they have the popolation of 2 very hight server, Vizunah+Arbostone), but this is irrelevant in prime time, and you know it, otherwise the scores of SFR and Deso this week would have been a constant. The only advantage of Vizunah is that they have more people during the rest of the day, as demonstrated by the constant accusations of nightcapping.

That said, it’s known that the scoring system used by the Anet tends to stabilize tiers unless there are major imbalances. Starting from this consideration, we can take as an example Piken Square, where many guilds moved in during the last weeks, even a great guild like the Oscure. Well, it’s incredibile but they are always in the same tier. Could it be that the W3 population in the higher tiers is basically the same?

Think what you want, but when you’ll find yourself against a 40+ at 9 a.m. we will see who was right.

Kareha Silverwind – mesmer of Clan McBenwick (Gunnar’s Hold)

in WvW

Genev.2450

Actually, the Piken guilds are actively working to keep Piken in t3, so they’re not as good an example as you might think

Source: A Piken guild

in WvW

Posted by: MarkusParkus.8467

MarkusParkus.8467

Thanks to GH for the last few weeks it has been alot of fun

Until we meet again RoF, always a pleasure!

Furious Scumbag, Raging Scumbag & Geologist Greywind
[NOX] & [Coma] – Gunnar’s Hold.

in WvW

Posted by: Vynt.5218

Vynt.5218

It’s also worth remembering that we only get ‘those good fights’ for a couple of hours during primetime, and only in some places. The rest of the time (and on the rest of the borderlands) it’s just a Surmian outnumberfest.

It’s not like you can’t move for epic fights in this tier right now, unlike – say – last week when we had 3 equally balanced servers and there was always a fun fight to be had.

It’s funny how you cry about unbalanced matchup. Only thing GH needs to do is to keep the morale up of the pugs and you will have nice numbers. We saw this on reset and you did a fantastic job there.

in WvW

Posted by: itsmee.7536

itsmee.7536

ROOT BEER!
*hides

Dijla – Charr Warrior
[GoA] Guardians of Arcane – Officer
Ruins of Surmia – Commander

in WvW

Posted by: Sajuuk.6420

Sajuuk.6420

Sorry to ruin your day good sir but RoS has no intentions of leaving this Tier for the next 2-3 weeks.. and there will be no refunds for the tickets.

The Angry Commander

in WvW

Posted by: VicisPatronus.5418

VicisPatronus.5418

I’d never get aboard your train. Some people can only fight when they’re winning, and when they’re not they switch server. Wouldn’t surprise me if most are Man City fans lol.

Commander for [MM] on Gunnars Hold

in WvW

Posted by: Luffy.9365

Luffy.9365

Oh god, strawberries with any type of alcohol is the single best invention of mankind…..
I usually drink my vodka as a classic screwdriver, with orange juice (though mixed strong, need to be able to taste there’s alcohol in there imo)

Caipiroska is a very strong cocteil because it is highly based on Vodka. You hit the lime with the black sugar(and strawberry if you like), then you fill the glass with crushed ice and you fill it up with vodka(preferably 50% – like smirnoff dark blue). You need to mix it a few times with a straw and its ready

[VcY]Velocity – Snowfang/Luffy D Portgas/Bagif