Gunnar's Hold vs Dzagonur vs Ring of Fire

in WvW

Posted by: The Hunter.4516

The Hunter.4516

Hey guys, i wanna speak with someone from GH if thats okay, can someone please whisper Beware of my bow
Thanks in advance

Hunchie
Proud Member of [CA] from Aurora Glade.

in WvW

Posted by: Genotix.6804

Genotix.6804

Hey guys, i wanna speak with someone from GH if thats okay, can someone please whisper Beware of my bow
Thanks in advance

We have allready informed the people that are online atm and i am sure someone will contact you soon.

in WvW

Posted by: Pyranna.2054

Pyranna.2054

Have a question for RoF, how the hell do u guys get into sunnyhill without taking a wall or the gate down?? Iv seen u guys in there more than once tryna sneaky cap it

Kharz Halfheart – Necro
The Soul Slayers [SLAY]
FarShiver Peaks

in WvW

Posted by: Goldhuman.3047

Goldhuman.3047

That was some fun yesterday. And the days before, I really see no reason to complain this match up. Ok for some GH’ s night coverage is annoying, but its an inherent to wvw.

Special thanks to Dzagonur for the turky shoot yesterday evening outside your garrison gate opposite Quintin rofl. 3 Ballista, some ac’s and a Cata and you guys just kept coming. I Got close to 40 lootbags and even 2 rares. I dont know what you guys & galls where thinking.

I think this was a tremendous night/evening. I stood there throwing orders while we had gate blocked and we were taking towers around them lol. I stood there thinking what the hell are they doing.

GoldHuman/GoldBangBang, Lvl 80 Ele & Necro
Gunnars Hold/ Gunnars Scum Guild
We are recruiting for WVW and Guild Missions….

in WvW

Posted by: Kodel.4871

Kodel.4871

Have a question for RoF, how the hell do u guys get into sunnyhill without taking a wall or the gate down?? Iv seen u guys in there more than once tryna sneaky cap it

Questioning the entire server this way with zero information of stuff like guild tags or better yet a screenie for Anet, will get you no other reply apart from bad ones and insults and the thread will be closed, so uuh please don’t do it unless you have something to go on.

If you want a general bland answer in return to your question from me as I am from RoF. I don’t know, I wasn’t there. Does this help?

Ceda Bloodeye – Ranger
Trullsengar – Elementalist
Arapay – Mesmer, Guild Leader RCG / Ring of Fire

in WvW

Posted by: Pyranna.2054

Pyranna.2054

Questioning the entire server this way with zero information of stuff like guild tags or better yet a screenie for Anet, will get you no other reply apart from bad ones and insults and the thread will be closed, so uuh please don’t do it unless you have something to go on.

If you want a general bland answer in return to your question from me as I am from RoF. I don’t know, I wasn’t there. Does this help?

I didnt wanna go pointing any Fingers, but last time it was a couple of guys from LOVE but there was a few randoms outside on rams, the guy that stood out the most was a warrior with a big care bear heart on his chest lol

Kharz Halfheart – Necro
The Soul Slayers [SLAY]
FarShiver Peaks

in WvW

Posted by: drkn.3429

drkn.3429

Thanks for the bags, [Tot].
You guys really need to work on your outer tower defense – we kept ~10 of you inside Lake, killing your single players who continuously tried to rush us solo, with ~5 GHians. You could have built a cart out of the lord’s room and rushed us anytime, if you jumped us together. Too bad you suicided our catapults, and too bad that RoF interfered :p

in WvW

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

We enter your BL quite frequently and find it’s empty, we take a keep and start laying siege weapons… then suddenly outmanned appears, 40 guys arrive and either nuke gate with no siege or build a ton of cata’s and swirling winds it, then leave. It just gets… very tiresome, to know that there is nothing you are gonna do to keep them out.

Just hate the all or nothing No smaller attacks or defenses, there’s no one or there’s everyone. It’s certainly effective, just.. find it a tad boring as literally can’t defend against it without similar numbers.

I have to disagree here, even though i can see where your frustration is coming from.

After you take a keep on enemy borderlands, you know that they will be knocking on your door soon. You even get a warning, once the outmanned buff is active.
If they use only 2 tactics and zerg flip you anyways, you cant blame their boring tactics but only your own lack of skill.
You can easily destroy catas before they do any serious damage with your counter treb, that you set up before their zerg arrived.
Maybe you set up the wrong siege weapons in the wrong places.
If they are enough to melt your wooden doors down, dont try to stop them there.
If you are only 5-10 people defending and setting/manning siege, start at the lord room, not on the outer walls.

Each player on your side, that is defending the keep will be able to build at least 1 siege weapon before the 40 dzags come knocking.
You wont be able to stop them at the outer gates, even though you have placed all your siege at the gate/wall that they are attacking. They will just go to another gate, where you cant build more siege because youre out of supply, so you will only slow them down. You wont get much kills either because they can just back out off range, move along or aoe it down.

The Lord Room is the only place they HAVE to go, so why not wait there. Build some siege to concentrate on the choke points.
Believe me, after they dps/ram outer and inner gates down uncontested, they will be rushing into it as soon as the gate is down, popping swiftness to be the first to tag the keep lord. Well, most of the zerg anyways, some people already learned their lessons. But this way you will propably wipe 50-75% of the zerg, the rest will back and has to wait for a regroup and start working on some tactics on how to get into the lord room.
If you have some spare people without siege set up, you can send them to dzags other keep and garrison to contest it the moment they break the inner gate. That way, all the people that you just wiped off your lord room can only waypoint to their spawn and have to worry about that another keep might be under attack. That will split up their forces and they might abandon to take your keep or, if you are lucky, die trying over and over again.

Its natural that everybody goes the path of least resistance. And if Dzag can flip your keep efficiently the way they do, they will keep on doing it until you stop them.
See this as an opportunity to get better. If they use a certain tactic all the time, find a sucessful counter tactic and abuse it until they think of something else.
After you faced the same servers for a longer time you are bound to find some patterns in their communal gameplay.
Please dont see this as boredom but a sign of you gaining more knowledge about your enemies.
The more you know about when and where they will try to flip an objective, the easier it will be for you to prepare for the siege.
And you will also learn to evaluate, if it makes sense to put some effort and gold into defending something.
If you take an enemy objective, most of the time you will lose it at some point again.
That is always frustrating, especially if you spent alot of time and money upgrading and defending it.
Set yourself personal goals, for example note down the period of time that you were able to hold it or the amount of WXP you got while doing it.
And the next time, try to do better.

I see you on the battlefield.

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

in WvW

Posted by: Neandramathal.9536

Neandramathal.9536

Yeah…. I know how to defend thanks ^^.

If you hadn’t read everything in full, then allow me to summarise in 2 words: Swirling Winds. We always have a counter-treb up, and are always prepared, but it cannot kill things that are permanently covered by swirling winds.

My frustration isn’t that they take the objectives (we take them to begin with because we enjoy defending!) it’s that the numbers are so overwhelming that there is literally nothing that can be done. There’s no gap in swirling winds to counter-siege, there’s no way to repair gates due to just sheer weight of numbers, and there’s no way to hold at the lord because you just can’t kill fast enough.

[GoV] Gnomes of Vabbi || [Imp] Impact
Currently @ Piken Square
Small scale unimpressive videos of unimpressiveness: http://www.youtube.com/neandramathal

in WvW

drkn.3429

All this means is that you need more Imps :p

in WvW

Posted by: Lert.6287

Lert.6287

Each server became so zergy within last week, and it makes me sad. Reminds me of T1 where you either zerg or 90% of the time got no one to fight with.

Engineer / Piken Square
Former Team Psy [Psy] member/ [BNF] guest
YT Channel

in WvW

Posted by: pejot.4806

pejot.4806

TaG had a lot of fun during our today’s event, mostly in Dzag and RoF borderlands. We had 18 members in WvW at one point, which is our best number ever ^^. Some nice fights with ChVc (I think it ended up 1:1, first you got us at NW camp, we had our revenge in bay). Also some fights with PRXM and friends around Arah and Longview in RoF BL, but these were way more zergy (I think you wiped us twice until finally our zerg pushed in right moment :P)

Nice defense of your garrison Dzag, and your waypoint upgrade hit just in time :P

Cheers to everyone, cya on the battlefield

Anya of the Mists
[TaG] guild/raid leader
Gunnar’s Hold

(edited by pejot.4806)

in WvW

drkn.3429

Midnight Mayhem lives to its name:
http://imageshack.us/a/img855/3789/gw346.jpg – Ben crashed :p
http://imageshack.us/a/img708/56/gw347.jpg

Not really much of [Krew], just good old Gunnar’s night team.

e: just to clear up, Ben said ‘drkn, show it to RoF, it’s not all about Krew’, or something along those lines, don’t feel taunted :p

(edited by drkn.3429)

in WvW

Posted by: Vazir.5867

Vazir.5867

Nice fights on RoF bl between Vale and Briar, /bow to [xWx] guildgroup, crazy amount of guardians, you had heals flying everywhere.

Gunnar’s Hold · Draugur [Drgr] Brimhorn and yes I have a pink quaggan backpack

in WvW

Posted by: Contiguous.1345

Contiguous.1345

Much more balanced fight this week. Me happy.

in WvW

Posted by: Steelo.4597

Steelo.4597

That [Hot] Mesmer from Dzago killing our peepz like he dont care :/ Had to put a price money of 60 silver on your head untill people got motivated to try to kill you /bow

i fear we will look back to this day and remember the good old wvw as it is now – Jan 2015

in WvW

Posted by: Magus.6543

Magus.6543

I see a familiar name on that picture, who I thought was on Piken!

But, well done [MM] and friends in EB.

Insky | Commander
Praxium [PRXM] | WvW guild on Gunnar’s Hold
http://www.praxium.co.uk – Video collection under “Forum”

in WvW

Posted by: Vazir.5867

Vazir.5867

I see a familiar name on that picture, who I thought was on Piken!

But, well done [MM] and friends in EB.

That screen was soooooe fabulous

Gunnar’s Hold · Draugur [Drgr] Brimhorn and yes I have a pink quaggan backpack

in WvW

Posted by: Jathres.7236

Jathres.7236

Quite a bunch of good Fights last days.

/bow to the two Praxium Guardians who liked to kick my sorry nekro kitten :p

Jathres BNF
http://www.youtube.com/user/Jathres
Piken Square

in WvW

Posted by: Benn.1547

Benn.1547

kittening crashed 3 times during that night… QQ. Oh well was a lot of fun. Kept at it till 3am with maybe 1-3 krew members? Still RoF managed to hold their t3 keep well until unfortunately the supply went dry <3

Big Bad Ben | Asura Guardian

in WvW

Posted by: Toxikthrash.2704

Toxikthrash.2704

Nice work RoF on Dz borders.. takes about 20-30 of you to take us on and you still can’t wipe us widdle 5 people :/ let alone kill one of us. And for the Nazgul Commander, might be wise to get a bit more P/V/T

-Dishammer, CHvc

Dishammer – Human Guardian of [CHvc]

in WvW

Posted by: Kodel.4871

Kodel.4871

Nice work RoF on Dz borders.. takes about 3 of you to take us on and you still can’t wipe us widdle 5 people :/ let alone kill one of us, because we just run away in tears. And for the Nazgul Commander, he’s making me tempted to join RoF, it sucks on GH.

-Dishammer, CHvc

Well yeah just a couple of typo’s on your part I took the liberty of fixing, I hope you don’t mind

Ceda Bloodeye – Ranger
Trullsengar – Elementalist
Arapay – Mesmer, Guild Leader RCG / Ring of Fire

in WvW

Toxikthrash.2704

Nice work RoF on Dz borders.. takes about 3 of you to take us on and you still can’t wipe us widdle 5 people :/ let alone kill one of us, because we just run away in tears. And for the Nazgul Commander, he’s making me tempted to join RoF, it sucks on GH.

-Dishammer, CHvc

Well yeah just a couple of typo’s on your part I took the liberty of fixing, I hope you don’t mind

Thank you darling <3 But you are a little mistaken there

(edited by Toxikthrash.2704)

in WvW

Posted by: Hule.8794

Hule.8794

To GDA thief from Dzagonur: Nice fight man, really nice fight.

in WvW

Jathres.7236

Thx for some nice Fights CHvc. Tried to find you again after the Tower fight but no success

Jathres BNF
Piken Square

in WvW

Toxikthrash.2704

Thx for some nice Fights CHvc. Tried to find you again after the Tower fight but no success

Our guild night was starting so we had to bail but much fun

in WvW

Posted by: Yes I Cap.5389

Yes I Cap.5389

Just remember GH that everytime you come to our BL’s or parts in EB everything is already in the process of being re-upgraded from being lost from all the hardcore PvD’ing from [Krew] its completely outweighed the balance of primetime. That being said I’m not saying you guys wouldn’t win if it wasn’t like this you still have a lot of good guilds. All I’m saying is [Krew] have made a huge impact on the balance of this tier. It’s okay though I’ve had fun farming from un-upgraded towers I’ve had to use a lot of black lion merchant express’ this week :P

Cap Plox
Ring Of Fire :D Jonny Cash Guides us!

in WvW

Posted by: Abraxass.8537

Abraxass.8537

Enjoying the fights, but not enjoying my lag! I do enjoy my new skill where I freeze time and roam around the Zerg and 2 minutes later find myself dead ;p

Abraxass
Part of the Gunnar’s Hold Community
http://www.gunnars-hold.eu/

in WvW

Posted by: climbatize.8729

climbatize.8729

@ abraxass try to get 5 ppl and find BNF out in the field , fun guaranteed plus no lagg =)

Jathres dont scare them to much

/wave from TDA

TDA

in WvW

Abraxass.8537

Ha ha will do! Any chance of a TDA return

Abraxass

in WvW

Jathres.7236

Nubu forbid me to do my 5 minutes cutscenes Video, where we are just dying from different zergs ^^ Also my Gameplay has so many flaws it could hardly scare anybody away.

Right now you can also look for Orb or TOD or big Norn HON Mesmers etc many others for good fights

Hope your having fun in the uper Tiers TDA. Greets to all you folks! You would have been perfect for a game of Bollaball!!

Jathres BNF
Piken Square

in WvW

Toxikthrash.2704

Speaking on behalf of the guild, we had a brilliant night tonight in RoF hills.. facing about 80~ RoF and DZ together and farming quite the amount of kills! Weaving in and out of Hills from north to west inner. Almost capped Hills too if it was not for you meddling RoFers.

-Dishammer, CHvc

in WvW

Neandramathal.9536

Hope your having fun in the uper Tiers TDA. Greets to all you folks! You would have been perfect for a game of Bollaball!!

That, is such an awesome idea. The only problem is having an opponent willing to be the ball!

Could expand it to use all 3 servers, and allow CCing the opponents – use level 80 guards/warriors with level 1 hammers so that you don’t deal any damage.

Dangit, I wanna play this now :P

Currently @ Piken Square
Small scale unimpressive videos of unimpressiveness: http://www.youtube.com/neandramathal

in WvW

Jathres.7236

I know Bolla build an extra Equip for this so he wouldn’t die as the Ball ^^

Better to use only lvl 2 Chars with all Weaponskills unlocked utility skills and traits would kill the Idea.

Back to topic:

Jathres BNF
Piken Square

in WvW

Posted by: climbatize.8729

climbatize.8729

@abra no idea mate , generaly we’re having fun atm , gotta say its all about the fun factor, but i’ve never forgot GH and the comunity there
I’m not even sure we would be much of an boost to GH considering that we run about 5-10 man grps about and mainly look for fights

it looks like this(2 channels where you can find our wids) :
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQ4StxSceMunKmRYgHCvxIg/videos?flow=grid&view=0
http://www.youtube.com/user/sizzlinggw2/videos?flow=grid&view=0

nice game jathres

TDA

in WvW

Abraxass.8537

It’s all about the fun factor, maybe one day you can return and have the fun here
/salute

Abraxass

in WvW

Jathres.7236

Tomorrow: Fight club event

Duels, Group fights, who can throw more Siege you name it!
Just for fun everybody can gladly participate. You also don’t need a full group or anything like that.

RoF Borderlands South of South Supply Camp at the Windmill
Time: 20.00 UTC +1

Jathres BNF
Piken Square

in WvW

Posted by: Lert.6287

Lert.6287

Duels, Group fights, who can throw more Siege you name it!
Just for fun everybody can gladly participate. You also don’t need a full group or anything like that.

Edit: Is it possible to make some 4vs4 today? I spoke with my guild mates and two won’t be avaliable…

Engineer / Piken Square
Former Team Psy [Psy] member/ [BNF] guest
YT Channel

(edited by Lert.6287)

in WvW

Neandramathal.9536

I’ll hopefully be able to get some of our guys there as well

Currently @ Piken Square

in WvW

Jathres.7236

Bad timing for today i guess. Still can do 2v2 or something like that tomorrow. Normaly we can’t get 5 people from BNF to participate on a Friday evening either. Just hijacking Players from other guilds and have fun ^^

That one was an amusing Keepfight.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mPyi3kQxd7c

Jathres BNF
Piken Square

in WvW

Toxikthrash.2704

HON i would love an even match with you guys, shame we were quite outnumbered all but the last 2 fights quite badly. Bit of luck we will get a few more fights during the week and upcoming weeks.

We were a bit short on Guards so things were not as great as they would have been

in WvW

Posted by: MarkusParkus.8467

MarkusParkus.8467

I’ll be up for some 2vs2 action Friday evening /whisper if interested

Furious Scumbag, Raging Scumbag & Geologist Greywind
[NOX] & [Coma] – Gunnar’s Hold.

in WvW

Posted by: fab.3298

fab.3298

We’ll come along tomorrow for some duels, should be fun.

Fab The Guardian
[Re] Rerolled

in WvW

Posted by: Crimsonjr.4708

Crimsonjr.4708

Hello from NNF (No Names Forever) Joining Gunnars Hold from Piken

Mázai – Guardian
Legendary Jr – Engineer
Member of Cube on Piken

in WvW

Toxikthrash.2704

with accordion? this should be fun….

in WvW

Posted by: Crimsonjr.4708

Crimsonjr.4708

Bring the pain!!

Mázai – Guardian
Legendary Jr – Engineer
Member of Cube on Piken

in WvW

Posted by: NaqbiCmR.3086

NaqbiCmR.3086

Man mode bravost is just too good!!!!!

Guild Leader
Flare[FIRE]
Naqbi

in WvW

Posted by: Hule.8794

Hule.8794

Wait wait wait wait what? RoF BL? Do it on your own please.
It should be rule that who announce this event his bl is used.

in WvW

Jathres.7236

Location is based on past experience, where no rof participated. So RoF BL gives us and Gunnar shorter Ways.

Also you should be happy about it because we fill up Slots and won’t do anything to you :p

We run into SoE two times yesterday i think. Nice fights though a little too much adds

Jathres BNF
Piken Square

in WvW

Posted by: Roo Stercogburn.9671

Roo Stercogburn.9671

Good fun last night on the Dzagonur borderland.

Master Baker on Gunnars Hold serving you hot cookies.
Looney vids at http://www.youtube.com/feed/UCRhCtfrF9GhxU1CoeZSN0kQ/u
Midnight Mayhem