GvG in the new Jumping Puzzle Map

in WvW

Posted by: Isaac.6041

Isaac.6041

That’s also what was the impetus for removing the crafting stations. The more time people spend in the maps not playing WvW, the longer the queues are.

I take it this means you will be removing Jumping Puzzles from WvW aswell… you know, people jumping around not doing WvW… Just to “earn” badges without actually having to fight or contribute. Taking up slots.

Now that would have a far greater impact of removing deadweigth players from WvW than removing crafting stations, while being a far smaller bother to your actual WvW community.

I wonder if we can even do that… :P The EB JP is coming out for the May 14th release.

Great. WvW just got more boring fun.

(edited by Isaac.6041)

in WvW

Posted by: Scrambles.2604

Scrambles.2604

i tend to only play WvW, and i have never done the jump puzzle, so i guess this changes nothing for me…except maybe i might notice more people in the zerg, and less “is there a mes in jp?” chat spam, haha.

in WvW

Posted by: BulletNG.7069

BulletNG.7069

I don’t think the changes for WvW are being applied for the next update. As one of the devs said;

Hey folks,
It seems we inadvertently outed (some of) our plans for WvW with the above linked page. While we are looking to extend World XP changes for WvW in a later content patch, it still needs some tweaking and therefore isn’t ready to be introduced in this one.

We can however officially let you know we are moving the jumping puzzle for EB into it’s own map, as this has been a much requested feature for our beloved siege fairing community.

Apologies for the hicup

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/wuvwuv/Traps-Get-More-Out-of-WvW/first#post1979174

Dawn of Dementia [DUI] – Yak’s Bend
Formerly: Phoenix Ascendant [ASH] – Gate of Madness

in WvW

Posted by: Dedalus.3065

Dedalus.3065

Took them long enough.

in WvW

Posted by: Xirin.8593

Xirin.8593

That’s also what was the impetus for removing the crafting stations. The more time people spend in the maps not playing WvW, the longer the queues are.

I take it this means you will be removing Jumping Puzzles from WvW aswell… you know, people jumping around not doing WvW… Just to “earn” badges without actually having to fight or contribute. Taking up slots.

Now that would have a far greater impact of removing deadweigth players from WvW than removing crafting stations, while being a far smaller bother to your actual WvW community.

I wonder if we can even do that… :P The EB JP is coming out for the May 14th release.

Great. WvW just got more boring.

It’s getting its own map/zone so it doesn’t interfere with EB’s queues. I would assume (hopefully not incorrectly) that you will still be able to PvP there.

[AoN] All or Nothing

in WvW

Posted by: Isaac.6041

Isaac.6041

I don’t think the changes for WvW are being applied for the next update. As one of the devs said;

Hey folks,
It seems we inadvertently outed (some of) our plans for WvW with the above linked page. While we are looking to extend World XP changes for WvW in a later content patch, it still needs some tweaking and therefore isn’t ready to be introduced in this one.

We can however officially let you know we are moving the jumping puzzle for EB into it’s own map, as this has been a much requested feature for our beloved siege fairing community.

Apologies for the hicup

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/wuvwuv/Traps-Get-More-Out-of-WvW/first#post1979174

Well, this sounds fun. It seems like the WvW Jumping Puzzle will have its own map. Perfect. It’s going to be the new dueling arena/fight club.

in WvW

Posted by: Harbinger.8637

Harbinger.8637

Great. WvW just got more boring.

It’s getting its own map/zone so it doesn’t interfere with EB’s queues. I would assume (hopefully not incorrectly) that you will still be able to PvP there.

Yes, you can. So pretty much this is for the better.

Quick question Colin – are we still able to kill people doing the puzzle? Or is this gonna be a pve area?

Kill away! It’s still very much a WvW map, just its own map now. It’s all growsed up.

Guardian WvW Guide!
Heavens Rage

in WvW

Posted by: selan.8354

selan.8354

awww im gonna miss the constant map chats:anyone porting in Jp? and [insert server name]is camping the jp.

yay this is like xmas …only better

Lv 80 glamour Mesmer Triforce Mesmerpower PU mes,Lv 80 power necro
[AVTR]
Isle of Kickaspenwood

in WvW

Posted by: DevonCarver.5370

DevonCarver.5370

WvW Coordinator

Next

It is, essentially, another WvW map. You can still fight each other, it will behave exactly like the JP used to, except you will be removed from EB so someone who wants to come in to fight for objectives will not be kept from playing by someone running the JP.

in WvW

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

Ah, so you have to queue into EB first in order to get into the JP, and then it removes you from EB and takes you to the JP. That makes this much less awesome than it could be, but I guess it’s better than nothing.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

in WvW

Scrambles.2604

It is, essentially, another WvW map. You can still fight each other, it will behave exactly like the JP used to, except you will be removed from EB so someone who wants to come in to fight for objectives will not be kept from playing by someone running the JP.

Interesting. Is it enough of “another WvW map” that it will have control points or anything that it will effect your server’s score?

edit; or is it just a portal within EB that takes you out of EB and into JP?

in WvW

Posted by: Siphaed.9235

Siphaed.9235

So then a proper way to clairfy it would be “we’re splitting it’s map rules to be it’s own separate map”, not “we’re removing it from EB”

in WvW

Posted by: Maladon.5760

Maladon.5760

If they put a waypoint in the JP couldn’t you access it from any wvw map?

Malzarius – Guardian
Malzerius – Thief
Dark Covenant (SBI)

in WvW

Maladon.5760

So then a proper way to clairfy it would be “we’re splitting it’s map rules to be it’s own separate map”, not “we’re removing it from EB”

Nah he said it correctly. If I walk through my kitchen to get to my garage I have removed myself from the kitchen. The real question is what do people do when they’re done in the JP…do they have to queue to get back into EB, go to Lion’s Arch or have the option of going to another BL straight from the JP?

Malzarius – Guardian
Malzerius – Thief
Dark Covenant (SBI)

in WvW

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

Nah he said it correctly. If I walk through my kitchen to get to my garage I have removed myself from the kitchen. The real question is what do people do when they’re done in the JP…do they have to queue to get back into EB, go to Lion’s Arch or have the option of going to another BL straight from the JP?

The real shame is that I have to walk through my kitchen at all to get to my garage. Why can’t we just go into the garage and skip the line to get into the kitchen?

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

in WvW

Posted by: EnemyCrusher.7324

EnemyCrusher.7324

So really they’re just making Obsidian Sanctum its own map. As players, the only differences we’ll see are slightly fewer queues to get into EB and a separation of jump puzzle chat from EB chat.

Light of Honor [Lite] – Founder / Warmaster
Sorrow’s Furnace Commander
“You’re the mount, karka’s ride you instead, and thus they die happy!”-Colin Johanson

in WvW

Posted by: Johje Holan.4607

Johje Holan.4607

I personally have only been in once but oh man. No one is ever going to get the chest now. Its going to be constant PvP.

Well here’s the PvP arena that those pro guilds have been asking for. Have your GvG in the JP.

in WvW

Maladon.5760

The real shame is that I have to walk through my kitchen at all to get to my garage. Why can’t we just go into the garage and skip the line to get into the kitchen?

Excellent point, how much supply to build a waypoint in a garage?

Malzarius – Guardian
Malzerius – Thief
Dark Covenant (SBI)

in WvW

Posted by: Snowreap.5174

Snowreap.5174

I’m curious to see how Arenanet addresses the entry requirement.

Previously, you had to own one of the three EB keeps that had an entrance to the jumping puzzle. This was required for both your initial entry as well as re-entry if you died inside and released.

If your server was able to secure all three EB keeps, and clear all enemy players out of the jumping puzzle, the puzzle was essentially made ‘safe’ for your team (so even low-level alts with horrible gear could run it safely).

And if your server lost their keep (and didn’t have one of the other ones) your players already inside the jumping puzzle were effectively cut off from reinforcement — they had to fend for themselves as long as they could.

If waypoints or portals are added that allow access without needing to hold any of the three ‘entrance’ keeps, that changes the jumping puzzle game dramatically for some players.

But if entry still requires holding one of the three ‘entrance’ keeps, what would happen if you died inside while the EB map was full? would you find yourself unable to release to any EB waypoint, and instead have to release to some other borderland instead? would you be able to release at all if all 4 maps were full?

If you put a waypoint inside the jumping puzzle to allow players to respawn even if the other 4 maps are all full, would that allow people to waypoint in directly even if their team doesn’t control any of the 3 ‘entry’ keeps? (and as a result, make it impossible for any server to ‘lock out’ players from another server?)

-ken

The Purge [PURG] – Ehmry Bay

(edited by Snowreap.5174)

in WvW

Posted by: Maniac.5163

Maniac.5163

Does this mean anything to the windmill duellers and GvGers? I dunno..

in WvW

Maladon.5760

ps – please take out the windmills too thx

Malzarius – Guardian
Malzerius – Thief
Dark Covenant (SBI)

in WvW

Posted by: Nirvana.5796

Nirvana.5796

Does this mean anything to the windmill duellers and GvGers? I dunno..

If the JP map has it’s own queue I’d imagine people may start going there to GvG. If it’s tied to the EB queue then it wouldn’t change anything, EB has a queue most of the time in t2 prime.

Love Buzz [VK] – Guardian – Fort Aspenwood

in WvW

Posted by: iCryptik.1496

iCryptik.1496

ohhhhhhhhh.

I like this, I like this a lot. When there is a que on reset, then EB JP will become a hotbed of ganking fun.

I just got a little excited in muh pants.

Alshazzär
Tarnished Coast [TC]

in WvW

Posted by: iCryptik.1496

iCryptik.1496

Why? People will just duel somewhere else.

Alshazzär
Tarnished Coast [TC]

in WvW

Posted by: CrassBippy.4619

CrassBippy.4619

Because he doesn’t like seeing people better them him

Bi Furious [Fist] YB

in WvW

Posted by: MrKnieves.4162

MrKnieves.4162

i tend to only play WvW, and i have never done the jump puzzle, so i guess this changes nothing for me…except maybe i might notice more people in the zerg, and less “is there a mes in jp?” chat spam, haha.

The people on the JP was putting up with fights and enemies just to get to the chest and had no interest what so ever with WvW, so no, you won’t see more people on the field.

Zheenn [Warrior] [Commander]| Alondra Del Mar [Thief] | Lorean Alisk [Elemental]
Rough Trade [RTGC]
Crystal Desert

in WvW

Posted by: Kain Francois.4328

Kain Francois.4328

Will we have to qeue EB to enter JP? Or will there be a new entrance entirely?

in WvW

Posted by: DevonCarver.5370

Previous

DevonCarver.5370

WvW Coordinator

Will we have to qeue EB to enter JP? Or will there be a new entrance entirely?

You enter it the same way as before, but now you will see a conversation prompting you to leave the map to enter the JP.

in WvW

Posted by: nagymbear.5280

nagymbear.5280

ohhhhhhhhh.

I like this, I like this a lot. When there is a que on reset, then EB JP will become a hotbed of ganking fun.

I just got a little excited in muh pants.

I don’t think I will ever set foot in that jumping puzzle again.

Khert Devileyes – Ranger / Mano Negra – Thief / Nagymbear – Warrior /
Elona Bonechill – Necro / Fionna Gymirdottier – Guard /// RoF

in WvW

Posted by: WRod.3856

WRod.3856

Mr. Devon Carver Sir,

Can you look into adding an arena in this JP where we can set up 20v20 or 30v30 GvG’s? This will make a lot of people happy, and I’m sure we all know a happy community = more $$ in your pocket. (:

Also make it where we can’t drop siege

in WvW

Posted by: Ghanto.9784

Ghanto.9784

Devon, can you clarify? Will people still access the JP through EB, or will there be an entirely separate portal for the JP outside of JP? Because if the former, you’re still going to be holding up queues for EB on reset night, even if not as long. Since no one has any idea how exactly the queues work, who gets in first and in what order – because you guys refuse to tell us – I imagine this “fix” could still leave many waiting for a long time on reset nights to get into EB, if they’re not able to get in right away – just as it is now.

EDIT: Okay, in the time it took me to write this, I see that Devon answered the question – and unfortunately I don’t think the answer is what most of us wanted to hear. Sigh. Why does AN always take the easiest path to “fix” things instead of taking a little longer and doing it right?

(edited by Ghanto.9784)

in WvW

Posted by: Kemikal.7369

Kemikal.7369

I’m curious to see how Arenanet addresses the entry requirement.

Previously, you had to own one of the three EB keeps that had an entrance to the jumping puzzle. This was required for both your initial entry as well as re-entry if you died inside and released.

If your server was able to secure all three EB keeps, and clear all enemy players out of the jumping puzzle, the puzzle was essentially made ‘safe’ for your team (so even low-level alts with horrible gear could run it safely).

And if your server lost their keep (and didn’t have one of the other ones) your players already inside the jumping puzzle were effectively cut off from reinforcement — they had to fend for themselves as long as they could.

If waypoints or portals are added that allow access without needing to hold any of the three ‘entrance’ keeps, that changes the jumping puzzle game dramatically for some players.

But if entry still requires holding one of the three ‘entrance’ keeps, what would happen if you died inside while the EB map was full? would you find yourself unable to release to any EB waypoint, and instead have to release to some other borderland instead? would you be able to release at all if all 4 maps were full?

If you put a waypoint inside the jumping puzzle to allow players to respawn even if the other 4 maps are all full, would that allow people to waypoint in directly even if their team doesn’t control any of the 3 ‘entry’ keeps? (and as a result, make it impossible for any server to ‘lock out’ players from another server?)

-ken

simple solution —→ [Retry from checkpoint] or [Leave Jumping Puzzle]

in WvW

Scrambles.2604

Devon, can you clarify? Will people still access the JP through EB, or will there be an entirely separate portal for the JP outside of JP? Because if the former, you’re still going to be holding up queues for EB on reset night, even if not as long. Since no one has any idea how exactly the queues work, who gets in first and in what order – because you guys refuse to tell us – I imagine this “fix” could still leave many waiting for a long time on reset nights to get into EB, if they’re not able to get in right away – just as it is now.

EDIT: Okay, in the time it took me to write this, I see that Devon answered the question – and unfortunately I don;t think the answer is what most of us wanted to here. Sigh. Why does AN always take the easiest path to “fix” things instead of taking a little longer and doing it right?

Eh, i’m still just as confused. It sounds like you still have to queue for EB to get into JP, which is still going to take spots away from people queuing for WvW. And if getting into JP frees up a WvW spot, what happens when you leave JP? Do you reenter the WvW queue or port back to LA? I’m so confused…

in WvW

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

Devon, I’m really losing hope here. Please, first things first, remove the duelers and GvG players whom insist on not fighting for and with the rest of the world. If you haven’t noticed the Arrow cart thread, it’s mostly them whom are complaining. I think that is far more urgent than the JP’s. Because if you remove the JP’s, you better make drop rates much higher for siege or badges.

You will destroy WvW if the gold sink get’s any deeper. It’s just barely above zero sum as it is. I hear John Sharp use the term incentive often enough. Well, what is the incentive to WvW when dungeons are so much easier and profitable?

Speaking of PvE, the next problem is that our server status is full, yet we’re out manned in WvW. You have us completely shackled and punished for being PvE popular.

edit: to add that I do want EB JP removed. Just something must be done about the gold sink and other things.

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

(edited by DeWolfe.2174)

in WvW

Posted by: Ghanto.9784

Ghanto.9784

EDIT: Okay, in the time it took me to write this, I see that Devon answered the question – and unfortunately I don;t think the answer is what most of us wanted to here. Sigh. Why does AN always take the easiest path to “fix” things instead of taking a little longer and doing it right?

Eh, i’m still just as confused. It sounds like you still have to queue for EB to get into JP, which is still going to take spots away from people queuing for WvW. And if getting into JP frees up a WvW spot, what happens when you leave JP? Do you reenter the WvW queue or port back to LA? I’m so confused…

That’s right, those people wanting to do the JP will still queue for EB as always, just when they enter the JP they’ll be ported to another map, freeing up spots for more people to get into EB. Doesn’t mean YOU won’t still be waiting for hours to get in on reset night, just means that some more random persons will get in sooner. And of course if people keep queuing for EB to do the JP, it will keep costing spots for those who are queuing to do wvw. Again, it’s another haphazard fix.

When you leave the JP, I imagine you’d be ported back to Lion’s Arch – seems to be the only thing that would make sense….

(edited by Ghanto.9784)

in WvW

Posted by: Hickeroar.9734

Hickeroar.9734

If I may ask, what was the purpose of continuing to allow people to fight in the JP?

I gave up on completing the puzzle a LOOONG time ago because I got tired of dealing with the fighting over it. All the times I’ve completed it, I’ve just been ported up.

in WvW

Maladon.5760

Because he doesn’t like seeing people better them him

This might be the worst troll attempt I’ve ever seen

Malzarius – Guardian
Malzerius – Thief
Dark Covenant (SBI)

in WvW

Maladon.5760

If I may ask, what was the purpose of continuing to allow people to fight in the JP?

I gave up on completing the puzzle a LOOONG time ago because I got tired of dealing with the fighting over it. All the times I’ve completed it, I’ve just been ported up.

Fighting over it is the only reason it’s worth having around

Malzarius – Guardian
Malzerius – Thief
Dark Covenant (SBI)

in WvW

Posted by: Hickeroar.9734

Hickeroar.9734

From what I have experienced, it’s an excellent jumping puzzle in its own right. Plus loot. :-P

I would love to see it as a friendly open-forum where all teams could chat together in /m chat. That’d be cool, once the initial chat trolling phase wore off.

in WvW

Posted by: Lance.5892

Lance.5892

Does this map have large amounts of flat ground thats out of the way, where we can have fair 25v25 GvGs or will it be extremely terrained like the current EB JP?

I’d be extremely disappointed if it had too much terrain where guilds cannot fight

[VoTF] www.votf.net

in WvW

Posted by: Grove.2835

Grove.2835

Remove the need to go to EB first and this would be great. An arena for those GvGs and Jp skirmishers while the WvW world wont be hurt by the same que.

in WvW

Posted by: Johje Holan.4607

Johje Holan.4607

I’ll be better for the queue. The person who goes in to do the JP will only be in EB from the time it takes them to run from the spawn point to the entrance. Plus, do people seriously wait in an EB queue to do a jumping puzzle?

in WvW

Posted by: Master of Timespace.2548

Master of Timespace.2548

I don’t know about technical limitations, but please consider using pvp balance in the separate EB JP map. The action in the jumping puzzle is almost always more similar to pvp than the other wvw maps, which makes the balance in the JP quite broken.

That puzzle is not meant to be balanced. It’s a grief fest, just as it’s meant to be.

? <(^-^><)>^-^)> <(^-^)> ?

in WvW

Posted by: Eliandal.8735

Eliandal.8735

Good! Can we now get the one chest per day per account reverted? Since the reasoning given was alleviating EB queues, and that reason is now gone!

Cuthache | Ranger
OTG!
Yak’s Bend!

in WvW

Posted by: styx.7294

styx.7294

Agreed, there’s 40 jump puzzles for people who don’t want to fight in jump puzzles and 4 for those who do.

Gate of Madness

in WvW

Posted by: AnonEMouse.7932

AnonEMouse.7932

And by 4, you more or less mean 2.

No he meant 4.

The one in EB, and the other 3, one in each BL. They’re all separate, and all have a daily attached to them, so they count as 4 seperate JP’s.

in WvW

Posted by: Urrid.4593

Urrid.4593

Good WvW changes since launch:

• Removed Orbs
  • Removed Culling
  • Removed 1 of 4 Jumping for Badges sites. Only 3 more to go…
  • Reduced the number of maddening exploits. Many more remain.

Uh, keep it up?

Coral -Mesmer- Omnomnivore and TC’er.

in WvW

Posted by: Lightsbane.9012

Lightsbane.9012

Great. WvW just got more boring fun.

good. i’m tired of there being 20 pvers in wvw taking up the queue.

As quick as the Valkyries ride,
As true as Odin’s spear flies,
There is nowhere to hide.

in WvW

Posted by: Lightsbane.9012

Lightsbane.9012

Good WvW changes since launch:

• Removed Orbs
  • Removed Culling
  • Removed 1 of 4 Jumping for Badges sites. Only 3 more to go…
  • Reduced the number of maddening exploits. Many more remain.

Uh, keep it up?

looks like you’ll have to actually participate in EB to get your badges

As quick as the Valkyries ride,
As true as Odin’s spear flies,
There is nowhere to hide.

in WvW

Posted by: Sovta.4719

Sovta.4719

I’m gonna miss trolling those guys, but guess it’s price i have to pay so we can get better in EB.