Posted by: Sly.9518

Sly.9518

Attachments:

Hey look News update for WvW.

in WvW

Sly.9518

Here is what the page said before it got taken down:

If you love testing your mettle against your fellow players, June is your month to shine! In the coming weeks, we’ll be releasing updates to structured Player vs. Player and World vs. World, along with the start of PvP League Season 7.

World vs. World—June 6

Updates to World vs. World will include improved LFG, new rewards, and skirmishing updates! We’re making sure skirmishing in WvW is fun and rewarding with an updated UI and new rewards. Keep an eye on the blog and release highlights in the next few days for more information.

PvP League Season 7—June 13

PvP League returns on June 13. Sharpen your blades, and get ready to rock!

PvP—June 20

Automated tournaments are the future of competitive PvP in Guild Wars 2, and will let you compete in three daily tournaments for a chance to qualify for a monthly tournament and earn prestigious rewards! Structured PvP will also be updated with a custom arena map for 2v2 battles and a new and improved PvP lobby to hang out in.

in WvW

Posted by: Chaba.5410

Chaba.5410

The link is still there on the News roll: https://www.guildwars2.com/en/

Anet, please!

Attachments:

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs
RIP [SIC] Strident Iconoclast

in WvW

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

The link is still there on the News roll: https://www.guildwars2.com/en/

Anet, please!

The update must be eu only that what up! NA has abused wvw builds to what it is today we get what we made of wvw.

I hope this is just not a cyclical over from last year.

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

in WvW

Posted by: Adzekul.3104

Adzekul.3104

I really, really, really want this to be good. If it’s not, I fear the game mode will die quite suddenly and spectacularly, and I am concerned about collateral damage to the rest of the game.

I wish I could be more positive, but I can only be hopeful. The WvW team has, with the exception of some not-so-terribly-effective surveys, operated in silence as far as the community is concerned. So we have no inkling of how good or bad it’s going to be until it goes live. This is unmitigatable risk, in project management terms.

The thought of Skirmishes becoming meaningful does not sit so well with me, if I am candid. Right now, the WvW game mode is quite toxic, and it will only get worse, not better, if “skirmish winners” get significantly better rewards (presumably ascended armor + crafting from Fractals and PvP is what they will be giving us …?) than “skirmish losers” and “skirmish also-rans”. There are so many “server communities” (bad choice of words, probably) who feel helpless and like they have no chance to get good rewards if they become available. There is not a single EU matchup this week that is not lob-sided in terms of first place skirmish finishing. NA looks even worse, except for the close-ish match that is going on in T1 (two out of three ain’t bad, as the song goes, right?).

So the only thing I can do is hope it doesn’t fail. Hope I can be proven wrong, somehow.

in WvW

Posted by: zectra.6978

zectra.6978

I’ll be kittened. I hope next week I will be eating in a tub of Ben Gay eating my shoe.

[APS][NV]Vasnia, Commander
Fort Aspenwood

in WvW

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

The best wvw update realty the only wvw update they need to do is to split wvw from pve in balancing that along would save wvw. Truth be told raids are not going to last that well after HoT any way and most balancing up to this point wvw had to deal with was due to raids. So at a point Anet going to be balancing pve from an effect dead game type.

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

in WvW

Chaba.5410

Truth be told raids are not going to last that well after HoT any way

I don’t think this is true.

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs

in WvW

Sly.9518

The best wvw update realty the only wvw update they need to do is to split wvw from pve in balancing that along would save wvw. Truth be told raids are not going to last that well after HoT any way and most balancing up to this point wvw had to deal with was due to raids. So at a point Anet going to be balancing pve from an effect dead game type.

Dead gamemode? It’s far surpassed their expectations of participation and is thriving even now..

in WvW

Posted by: ThunderPanda.1872

ThunderPanda.1872

Updates to World vs. World will include improved LFG

I wonder how useful that will be…….. and how big it actually is to warrant it being marketed as a ‘major’ update along side reward and scoring change..

new rewards

mhhhhhhhh, I hope it won’t be skewed in a way to encourage server stack

skirmishing updates!

eh ok? I hope its something actually big and not just changing some numbers

making sure skirmishing in WvW is fun and rewarding

I don’t have a good feeling about this…… imo, I feel like rewards are a good thing, but when it’s tied to the server scoring when server/matchup balance is a mess at the moment… I really hope it’ll work out…

But idk, I guess it’s better than no updates, and really hope it’ll work out just fine.

Send me 1000g and I will stop trolling WvW forum.
I have a dream – Our Anet Senpai will make WvW Great Again!
WvW Forum is more competitive than WvW

(edited by ThunderPanda.1872)

in WvW

Posted by: DanAlcedo.3281

DanAlcedo.3281

I bet 250 ectos that it will fix 2 of 100+ problems WvW has , while creating 3 new problems and it will be bugt/ incomplete for 2-3 month.

You heard it here first !

in WvW

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

will be 404 changes of nothing

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

in WvW

Sly.9518

The link is finally fixed

in WvW

Aeolus.3615

Readed the updates….WvW LFGLFGLFGLFGLFGLFGLFGLFGLFGLFGLFGLFG, and i bet rewards for who ktrains faster…

they are close to nothing..

(edited by Aeolus.3615)

in WvW

Posted by: GWMO.4785

GWMO.4785

Yup.. people where really using lfg for WvW. 10/10 anet

in WvW

ThunderPanda.1872

Idk though, if the new lfg is like a server wide announcement/communicate type… I would actually be interested…

If it’s just a cool UI with exactly the same feature as current useless lfg…

Yup.. people where really using lfg for WvW. 10/10 anet

in WvW

Posted by: Blockhead Magee.3092

Blockhead Magee.3092

My guess is that this (rewards) will accelerate the stacking of certain servers. Eventually, they’ll need to drop another tier and merge even more servers until they finally blow it up and reorganize wvw to enforce team balances.

SBI

in WvW

Posted by: Famine.7915

Famine.7915

We’ll get…

- Center quags for more UW combat
- LFG?
- portable cannons
- movable siege
- no siege decay
- siege health increased by 700%
- triumphant upgraded armor bait hung above our heads out of reach
- all speed is combat speed
- several deadly cliffs added onto the existing maps
- sand
- a pop
- a water gun
- and some beer nuts for the ride

- and a rubber duck

Vee/Volk
Maguuma – Predatory Instinct [HUNT]
Necromancer

in WvW

Posted by: DemonSeed.3528

DemonSeed.3528

I do recall a long long time ago it was said that they would be figuring a way to deal with skirmish rewards so that it wouldn’t be unfair or encourage server stacking – I am a bit iffy though on how this will be accomplished. Maybe losing servers just take time to get the same rewards maybe (like some kind of skirmish track)? Dunno… that still sucks the way some servers are always going to be the losers if the current and recent matchups are anything to go by.

in WvW

Aeolus.3615

I do recall a long long time ago it was said that they would be figuring a way to deal with skirmish rewards so that it wouldn’t be unfair or encourage server stacking – I am a bit iffy though on how this will be accomplished. Maybe losing servers just take time to get the same rewards maybe (like some kind of skirmish track)? Dunno… that still sucks the way some servers are always going to be the losers if the current and recent matchups are anything to go by.

whatever it is, i dont expect anything to solve problems…

in WvW

zectra.6978

Hate to say it, we need a Warfront style WvW (sorta like Rift, obviously not exactly the same) Where we just queue up solo or as groups/guilds and rek WvW for 45m at a time…

Better rewards, small and big groups, everyone wins.

Fort Aspenwood

in WvW

Posted by: Jim Hunter.6821

Jim Hunter.6821

The UI updates will place a big message in the middle of your screen any time someone dies, capture messages weren’t intrusive enough…

Also known as Puck when my account isn’t suspended
LGN

in WvW

Posted by: Dayra.7405

Dayra.7405

Better rewards for skirmishes, can be good to attrackt new player, but as far as ANet did so far, I fear it will likely only have the bad effect of rewarding overstacking a single server.

As for the seasons, repeatedly done by ANet in a way that encouraged overstacking, instead of being improved to reward good play with few people, e.g. https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wuv/Give-Bonuses-to-Gold-Silver-League-Servers/3920804

Ceterum censeo SFR esse delendam!

(edited by Dayra.7405)

in WvW

Posted by: KalasDelRio.8921

KalasDelRio.8921

Improved LFG

How do you even improve on “Where’s the Tag?”, “Join Squad pls.” or “Join us in TS/Disc!”??

Majestic Mez | Snoop Doggs Blunt | Majestic Tracer [OMEN]

in WvW

Posted by: Dangus.6572

Dangus.6572

you really fell for it? it’s summer time and it means everybody will have vacations…

[Underworld][ZERK]

in WvW

ThunderPanda.1872

Hate to say it, we need a Warfront style WvW (sorta like Rift, obviously not exactly the same) Where we just queue up solo or as groups/guilds and rek WvW for 45m at a time…

You mean just do that for PvP instead. That gamemode has 1 foot in the grave just as well as WvW.

in WvW

Posted by: Vavume.8065

Vavume.8065

LFG for WvW, on a scale of 1 to 10 this is about a 1 in terms of useful/needed. The rewards will prob just be an ascended armor vendor that costs u as much to buy as to craft for yourself, again, useless to me.

in WvW

zectra.6978

You mean just do that for PvP instead. That gamemode has 1 foot in the grave just as well as WvW.

That could be interesting as well but I don’t think they would ever abandon sPvP like that.

Even adding more selection for PvP, could add AB style 10v10.

Fort Aspenwood

in WvW

Posted by: RodOfDeath.5247

RodOfDeath.5247

LFG?

Typically you just ask in team chat “any roaming groups?” and you get an answer. I’m not understanding this addition.

in WvW

Posted by: DemonSeed.3528

DemonSeed.3528

Maybe pve people are used to the lfg system so it’s easier for them to integrate into wvw looking for groups and jump in straight away. That or maybe it’s for all the shy people hehehe.

in WvW

ThunderPanda.1872

That could be interesting as well but I don’t think they would ever abandon sPvP like that.

Even adding more selection for PvP, could add AB style 10v10.

Unfortunately yea, I still have no idea why anet insist so much on keeping the style of the current sPvP. I showed my friends who doesn’t play the game and their comments are usually “what the kitten is going on?”, “they’re just running in circles”, “so whoever spams the most kitten of skills on an area wins?”

I feel like short arena style games, call it battlegroup or whatever, in a short round, fighting over objectives until they overrun their base, could do better as an alternative form of sPvP instead of replacing WvW. So sPvP is the hardcore arena mode and WvW can remain being the open world sandbox people come to play during breaks.

But it’s not 5v5 so no esport material $$$$. Oh well, idk when they’ll realise the current sPvP is also not esport material

(edited by ThunderPanda.1872)

in WvW

Posted by: Aitadis.8269

Aitadis.8269

With Anet confirming that WvW is getting its own set of legendary armor before the end of the expansion, it raises a few questions. How will it be implemented is one of the main concerns and how long until the next expansion, we talking a year here? Many thought raiding legendary armor was going to be released with the expansion and that took a year and a half to finish. Regardless legendary armor in WvW is certainly needed.

Illusionary Mesmer
[oof] Crystal Desert

in WvW

Sly.9518

With Anet confirming that WvW is getting its own set of legendary armor before the end of the expansion, it raises a few questions. How will it be implemented is one of the main concerns and how long until the next expansion, we talking a year here? Many thought raiding legendary armor was going to be released with the expansion and that took a year and a half to finish. Regardless legendary armor in WvW is certainly needed.

Where did they ever confirm Legendary Armor for WvW? Source please

in WvW

Posted by: Mr Pin.6728

Mr Pin.6728

I’d be interested in the source for legendary armor in WvW as well. Last I saw on the reddit AMA they confirmed there were no plans for any other sets of legendary armor to be introduced. The raid set was it. I’d be interested if they changed their position. LFG has to be an attempt to solve the problem megaservers introduced. Currently there is an inability to rally people to wvw from cities and the like.

in WvW

Posted by: Katastroff.1045

Katastroff.1045

Why simplify things when its so easy to complicate them ?

in WvW

Posted by: Lalainnia.3598

Lalainnia.3598

Triumphant hero armor plox…..

in WvW

Posted by: Hesacon.8735

Hesacon.8735

Patch Notes:
Warriors were doing too much damage, so off-hand axe damage reduced by 2%
To compensate, Endure Pain now recharges whenever a burst skill is used

in WvW

Posted by: DevilishLyx.2340

DevilishLyx.2340

“improved LFG”

Cos finding 60+ people is really hard on a single map with a big dorito!

I am glad to know my QoL is now so much more improved!

in WvW

Posted by: Sviel.7493

Sviel.7493

LFG changes are probably geared toward allowing small groups to form more easily. Right now, a new player jumps in and is too kitteno say anything in map/team chat but knows to head to the tag. They learn to be a zergling and are more or less useless when there’s no tag to follow. The goal may be to encourage people to plug into the team effort when there’s no tag and also to learn how to do things without the aid of a commander.

WvW could use some help in that area, so there’s room for these improvements…I just hope that’s what they had in mind.

in WvW

Posted by: Odokuro.5049

Odokuro.5049

I bet 250 ectos that it will fix 2 of 100+ problems WvW has , while creating 3 new problems and it will be bugt/ incomplete for 2-3 month.

You heard it here first !

I bet 250 ectos that what actually needs to be fixed, is far far less of what people say needs to be.

The Self-Proclaimed Pervy Sage of Yaks Bend.
https://www.twitch.tv/amazinphelix

in WvW

Posted by: Zaoda.1653

Zaoda.1653

I don’t care what it is… NEW REWARDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It’s been so long since we had any new rewards.

The 6th of June is turning out to be like, the BEST day ever. I mean… new WvW rewards… whatever they may be… New episode of Shadowhunters on Netflix…

WOOOOOOOOOT

:D

Edit: forgot to add to my post – it would probably be a good time while Anet are adding WvW rewards, to remove the basic WvW blueprint rewards from the Laurel Vendors that you buy for 2 laurels each. No one buys WvW blueprints for laurels as it is a ripoff and they’re cheap as chips on the trading post. It will save a tab for all the laurel vendors – or at least the laurel vendors which sell arrow cart/flame ram etc. blueprints for 2 laurels each :-/

Forever a supporter of more male skimpy armor

(edited by Zaoda.1653)

in WvW

Posted by: ilMasa.2546

ilMasa.2546

World vs. World—June 6

Updates to World vs. World will include improved LFG, new rewards, and skirmishing updates! We’re making sure skirmishing in WvW is fun and rewarding with an updated UI and new rewards. Keep an eye on the blog and release highlights in the next few days for more information.

Cool new rewards !!!

Siege Commander Track – “the remaining cutlery have been added to the game.”

• Siege Commander’s Fork
  • Siege Commander’s Knife

Now u can eat your condi food as intended.

Attachments:

in WvW

Posted by: XenesisII.1540

XenesisII.1540

Where was this confirmed? please provide a link, thank you.

I hope this isn’t another baseless rumor being spouted in the name of hope.

Another derailing post. ^^
North Keep: One of the village residents will now flee if their home is destroyed.
“I knew it, I’m surrounded by…” – Dark Helmet

in WvW

Posted by: Hevoskuuri.3891

Hevoskuuri.3891

These forums make me facepalm so very, very hard.

We get exciting news: people have been asking for a scoring change, a rewards update and an improved UI in WvW for ages now. And hey, they’re finally coming! And what’s our response? A thread full of complaints. Do you now see why Reddit is the go-to place for the devs over these forums? The toxicity is unbelievable.

Yes, I know there’s still much more they could do to make WvW the ideal gamemode with its full potential, balance- and otherwise. But it’s far from what the everyday whiners claim it to be. To me and many, many others I know, WvW is still the top gamemode and we have fun all the time, because we make our own fun instead of furiously typing complaints every single day. If there’s nothing positive or constructive to say, why bother saying it?

We got some wonderful news today, and personally I’m super hyped for it! WvW is an amazing game mode, and now it’s getting even better. Thank you Anet for making this update, it’s great.

And if someone’s feelings got hurt here, I apologize. I simply wanted to express my frustration over these once-so-friendly forums, that seem to have become a very negative environment. Every game update we receive gets shot down and more demands are being presented. If you truly are so unhappy with the game and the updates, maybe it’s time to try something else.

That’s my two cents, now I’m off to Reddit. Byeeeeee~

in WvW

Posted by: XenesisII.1540

XenesisII.1540

These forums make me facepalm so very, very hard.

We get exciting news: people have been asking for a scoring change, a rewards update and an improved UI in WvW for ages now. And hey, they’re finally coming! And what’s our response? A thread full of complaints.

Because these are changes that won’t really change much with current wvw. Were they asked for years ago? yes. Were they needed changes? yes. Are these changes that will stop players from leaving or bring them back? who knows.

I mean really, given the track record of Anet and rewards in general, nevermind wvw rewards(look at the weekly winning rewards), who here expects more than an extra bag of a blue item and a spike for a skirmish win?

These are changes that should have been worked on years ago, not when wvw was on the major fail highway and already lost more than half it’s playerbase. Even took them a year to even implement skirmish mode and then it’s rewards, that should tell you how much development power is put behind wvw. Spvp is receiving season 7 and automated tournaments, way ahead of wvw in development at this point.

Maybe ascended vendor will be included, which will also be a welcomed change, last mode to receive it but welcomed none the less, maybe it will even promote players from other modes to try wvw again, depending on how they are implemented anyways. I’m expect it to the hardest method available to earn. Maybe we’ll finally get our triumphant hero armor too.

A chunk of players have left wvw since the expansion came out, and one common complaint is basically the direction combat has gone with the revamp of traits, elite specs, conditions. Combat is the core of pvp game play, if that isn’t fun, you’re not going to have happy players, period. So it’s great rewards are coming, just don’t expect parades when wvw isn’t fun for a lot of players anymore.

Do you now see why Reddit is the go-to place for the devs over these forums? The toxicity is unbelievable.

That’s hilarious considering they never gave much attention the wvw forums from day one. They let the forums and the game mode slide for YEARS, how does anyone expect no one to be frustrated with that? Taking to walls is never really productive.

Personally, good to see wvw is still being worked on, however slow it may be, better rewards were needed for years now, despite what some players may think and receive in other modes. Doesn’t address the top issue with wvw these days, which probably never will be dealt with, not with the expansion around the corner ready to give combat another kick to the hoohoo.

Another derailing post. ^^
North Keep: One of the village residents will now flee if their home is destroyed.
“I knew it, I’m surrounded by…” – Dark Helmet

in WvW

Posted by: Svarty.8019

Svarty.8019

This could be good. We’ll have to wait and see.

Nobody at Anet loves WvW like Grouch loved PvP. That’s what we need, a WvW Grouch, but taller.

in WvW

Posted by: Chorazin.4107

Chorazin.4107

- and a rubber duck

Re-installing GW2 for sure.

Chorazin
[lion]~ riperonis
[tRex]

in WvW

Posted by: Dajas.4715

Dajas.4715

Lfg could be the best thing going for wvw as long as they do away with commanders tags, with any luck it would decrease zergs… I know ow it won’t, but I can always dream.

in WvW

Chaba.5410

I can see it now… “Looking for Commander Tag” LFGs.

Chaba Tangnu

in WvW

Posted by: Nikkinella.8254

Nikkinella.8254

This is what happened.

Attachments: