HoD vs JQ vs ET

HoD vs JQ vs ET

in WvW

Posted by: Raydaq.5421

Raydaq.5421

Im with you Virchow. I’ll be in HoD for next weeks match living up my no queues and working with the organized players that stayed loyal. We will probably lose regardless due to the massive pop on JQ now, but we will have way more fun doing it! (queue is not that much fun…)

HoD vs JQ vs ET

in WvW

Posted by: Mordyth.9018

Mordyth.9018

JQ here. ET is zerging our garrison @green borderland. Outer and Inner gates are down… Why would an ally do that ?!?!?

Because they weren’t an ally. They were just a server with a significant enough portion of its population who were not indifferent as to which server after themselves won the match. That’s all it takes for for such things to be reflected in the score.

Let’s assume a match between servers A, B and C takes place. We will stipulate only one possible variation in this match: that either ALL of server C doesn’t care which of A or B wins or that 20% of server C does. Let’s assume that in the latter case, that 20% would prefer server B win if C cannot.

Between this two scenarios, in which case will sever A have he hardest time winning assuming everything else is equal? Note that in both cases there will be plenty of fights between C and B.

Mithrull (TSym) Sanctum of Rall

HoD vs JQ vs ET

in WvW

Posted by: CelestialStormZ.5102

CelestialStormZ.5102

HoD vs JQ vs ET

in WvW

Posted by: Samfisher.7942

Samfisher.7942

@Coldviper, How’s it feel to have massive ques and coattail riders? xD JQ isn’t even experiencing 30% of the mobs on HoD waiting in ques..

Ezendor [SYN] – Synapse, Ranger
Sea of Sorrows

HoD vs JQ vs ET

in WvW

Posted by: Magiofdeath.2745

Magiofdeath.2745

Remember to keep it friendly and refrain from being rude or insulting your opponents in here folks.

Sorry I was a bit rude … Binafarus, why would you insult JQ three pages back and switch to JQ now…

I’m sorry if I offended anyone on here.

I have come to learn that JQ and I have the same goals in this game to be number one.

So I have joined JQ to help them out on their goal of being the best.

I hope my new brothers in arms and I can become good friends.

Fair weather fan much?

Man, there’s a lot of QQ going on in this thread.

Anyways, thank you JQ WvW’ers, I am enjoying my buffs. Keep up the great work! I chose JQ to play with friends and pre-launch fan polls had JQ at equal amounts of PvE and PvP players. I am not sure how accurate that ever was or how accurate it is now, but I enjoy this server.

Fort Aspenwood | Kurzick ftw!

HoD vs JQ vs ET

in WvW

Posted by: Madsalty.6570

Madsalty.6570

Update as of 11pm est.

JQ Increasing it’s lead to almost 40,000
HoD In second overall
ET Back at the bottom of the barrel.

Attachments:

HoD vs JQ vs ET

in WvW

Posted by: rndmize.9274

rndmize.9274

Samfisher, JQ has had absurdly long queues since GW2 was released. We were the first server to hit full population (within about 30 minutes after the 3 day headstart began). I rather doubt there’s much space available for most transfers, or that they’ll make the queues longer than they already are. By comparison, HoD was (I believe) medium pop when TA set up shop there?

Jade Quarry | Feign Disorder | Guardian
Interested in discussing WvW strategy? Contact me in-game.

HoD vs JQ vs ET

in WvW

Posted by: fixit.7189

fixit.7189

Oh there is times you can transfer. I personally know of at least 4 people who went over to JQ this week from HoD.

Last week your night crew was struggling. This week, you have doubled our night crew’s numbers. Happy coincidence? I think not.

(edited by fixit.7189)

HoD vs JQ vs ET

in WvW

Samfisher.7942

@rndmize We were Med-high when TA started on the first 5 minutes of early access. Then a week or 2 into winning our matches we started getting 5 hour ques, sometimes 8 hours. JQ hasn’t got that yet xD Also server pop =/= WvW pop, which HoD had an absurd amount of transfers coming in >.<

Sea of Sorrows

HoD vs JQ vs ET

in WvW

Posted by: Felgor.9341

Felgor.9341

Im on JQ, and was out in EB the entire weekend. Friday to Monday, and the longest queue time i had was 25 mins. At one point on Saturday, we had the outmaned buff, and queues were instant.

Felgor [GoTF]
Level 80 Asura Guardian
Jade Quarry

HoD vs JQ vs ET

in WvW

Posted by: Vel.1653

Vel.1653

Wow. hahah this thread. As a original member of JQ since beta I can say im not surprised by this happening. We might throw the match next week just to get these guys off our server. Its kinda sad that people jump ship so early but if the ques do get really bad a lot of us that made JQ what it is are talking about transferring off the server to a lower pop one so we can stay together and not have all these guys clogging up the ques.

HoD vs JQ vs ET

in WvW

Samfisher.7942

Im on JQ, and was out in EB the entire weekend. Friday to Monday, and the longest queue time i had was 25 mins. At one point on Saturday, we had the outmaned buff, and queues were instant.

We’ve had instant ques virtually around the clock every day this week :P

Sea of Sorrows

HoD vs JQ vs ET

in WvW

Posted by: Brome.7036

Brome.7036

Strange that the Day TA calls it quits we go from having 4 hour queues yo outmanned buff. Where did all the people go? JQ have you seen my malitia?

(edited by Brome.7036)

HoD vs JQ vs ET

in WvW

Posted by: Coldviper.6794

Coldviper.6794

Surprisingly even with all the supposed bandwagoners, queue’s have been more reasonable than ever. However that could be due to our breaking off the lead and pretty much sealing the deal. Also I don’t play during primetimes so maybe those are bad. And weekends are almost always horrifying even before winning. Took me 5 hours once this last weekend. Of course I don’t know the secret so I might have been screwing myself by requeuing, but others have told me I should, and then not zone.

Luckily I’m always on friday during change so as long as I don’t crash or d/c I’m good. Saturday is a different story though. However these free transfers are still bringing the type of people over here that I really don’t want to play with. People who want to be carried, roll the fotm class… just… ugh… Get out! Learn to play for fun. Winning is fun sure, but steamrolling WvW is boring. That’s why falling to tier 2 is horrid.

Free transfers and the short cooldown at this point should be stopped. Paid transfers, and maybe a week cooldown or something. That’s more reasonable. Then people will stop just rolling over to the winning server like many of the people have posted here just to be “undefeated”. Or at least stop letting people roll right into the overpopulated ones.

[TW]Furion Zax – The Juggernaut Hammer Warrior

HoD vs JQ vs ET

in WvW

Posted by: Kryptorchid.7620

Kryptorchid.7620

Surprisingly even with all the supposed bandwagoners, queue’s have been more reasonable than ever. However that could be due to our breaking off the lead and pretty much sealing the deal. Also I don’t play during primetimes so maybe those are bad. And weekends are almost always horrifying even before winning. Took me 5 hours once this last weekend. Of course I don’t know the secret so I might have been screwing myself by requeuing, but others have told me I should, and then not zone.

Luckily I’m always on friday during change so as long as I don’t crash or d/c I’m good. Saturday is a different story though. However these free transfers are still bringing the type of people over here that I really don’t want to play with. People who want to be carried, roll the fotm class… just… ugh… Get out! Learn to play for fun. Winning is fun sure, but steamrolling WvW is boring. That’s why falling to tier 2 is horrid.

Free transfers and the short cooldown at this point should be stopped. Paid transfers, and maybe a week cooldown or something. That’s more reasonable. Then people will stop just rolling over to the winning server like many of the people have posted here just to be “undefeated”. Or at least stop letting people roll right into the overpopulated ones.

Welcome to the club! HoD has been screaming this since Day 1 of the official launch.

HoD vs JQ vs ET

in WvW

Posted by: fractalKinesis.8569

fractalKinesis.8569

Nice stuff in JQ Border tonight. With all the losing-and-taking back, I got my second char to 80.

Xiro, High Five Warriors [HFW], Jade Quarry

HoD vs JQ vs ET

in WvW

Posted by: globe.7238

globe.7238

Score update as of 2:45AM EST.

I’d just like to say today was the first time I saw an influx of these transfers. Their constant insulting of people who i’ve gotten to know through playing on JQ since the start is just crazy. If you didnt put in the time and effort to make this server what it is please do us a favor and go back to where you came. It is absolutely ridiculous how these many people can come to OUR server and disrespect OUR players that brought us to where we are. I hope anet closes these free xfers and puts a 2 week CD on being able to do it.

Attachments:

Imminent Demise » [iD] « Blackgate

HoD vs JQ vs ET

in WvW

Samfisher.7942

I want ANet to put a 30 day CD for transfers. Wanna transfer? Stay the hell there and contribute before running off.

Sea of Sorrows

HoD vs JQ vs ET

in WvW

Posted by: Mr Mango.3504

Mr Mango.3504

Brome.7036
Well I have to say as a former HoD player since week 2 of release I have to tell you of how disapionted I am with the perseverance of of YOUR server. That’s right Your server. Me and my guild transfered off last night because the lack of heart HoD showed soon as TA left the game/server.

I remember a leader ot TA posting on these same boards saying something along the lines of “if the free transfers are not stopped we will be leaving because this will kill wvw”
I will tell you this, the free transfers are whats saving this game. If we couldn’t take our guild off HoD we might have stopped logging on.

Thank you Anet for letting us get off HoD and Join a classy server like JQ where true champions play!

Sweet irony..

I’m Mango. Fight on!

HoD vs JQ vs ET

in WvW

Posted by: SolidGold.7958

SolidGold.7958

Scoreboard as of approx. 4:20 am est.

Attachments:

This girl misses Cantha and her Ritualist.

HoD vs JQ vs ET

in WvW

Posted by: Camagee.5391

Camagee.5391

I’d rather we didn’t get number 1 …my guild is OG JQ and pvping tonight sucked …we owned everything.. aNet has to stop this free transfer bs…the server is filling with bads that wanna be on winning team, making q,s…it ruins server pride…Stop the transfers NOW!

HoD vs JQ vs ET

in WvW

Posted by: Fervour.3146

Fervour.3146

Well I have to say as a former HoD player since week 2 of release I have to tell you of how disapionted I am with the perseverance of of YOUR server. That’s right Your server. Me and my guild transfered off last night because the lack of heart HoD showed soon as TA left the game/server.

I remember a leader ot TA posting on these same boards saying something along the lines of “if the free transfers are not stopped we will be leaving because this will kill wvw”
I will tell you this, the free transfers are whats saving this game. If we couldn’t take our guild off HoD we might have stopped logging on.

Thank you Anet for letting us get off HoD and Join a classy server like JQ where true champions play!

Lol. I’m sorry but where is your fighting spirit when u are commenting others lacking it. Transferring away from HoD and into a JQ where they are winning. You are just one of those people who only join the strong. No challenge at all.

To be the best, I have to beat you.
Remilieve Lv 80 Ranger
Guild: None :)

HoD vs JQ vs ET

in WvW

Posted by: sazaw.1347

sazaw.1347

I’d just like to say today was the first time I saw an influx of these transfers. Their constant insulting of people who i’ve gotten to know through playing on JQ since the start is just crazy. If you didnt put in the time and effort to make this server what it is please do us a favor and go back to where you came. It is absolutely ridiculous how these many people can come to OUR server and disrespect OUR players that brought us to where we are. I hope anet closes these free xfers and puts a 2 week CD on being able to do it.

It’s very sad news if it’s happening as you say. Our WvW community just getting better after we tired to build up ever since we lost to HoD on 1st one week match. I hope anet put longer cold down for server transfers.

Wrath T – Asura Necro | Don Hohenheim – Norn Guard | Bellcroxx – Human Mesmer
[DKJ] – Jade Quarry

HoD vs JQ vs ET

in WvW

Posted by: Talesslaser.7813

Talesslaser.7813

JQ was never #1 until half of CD transferred to JQ, and I’m pretty sure that happened right before TA disbanded. But wow…I totally feel bad for all the players on JQ. People actually managing to be kitten enough to make every tier 1 server NOT want to win WvW and be #1 in NA.

Are we sure we cant just get everyone who transferred to JQ in the past 2 weeks just redirected to some bottom tier server? Can you even imagine how much more fun WvW would be if this happened? I think ANet could completely make up for having free server transfers if they just lock out all the players that rode the bandwagon to JQ and locked them on Devona’s Rest or something.

HoD vs JQ vs ET

in WvW

Posted by: Jormunrek.5372

Jormunrek.5372

^ Have to admit, this made me lol a little bit.

But the Japanese teams get to stay, I dig them.

Jorm

HoD vs JQ vs ET

in WvW

Posted by: Ixnay.5270

Ixnay.5270

I’m actually really impressed with JQ’s progress, a few weeks ago they were an unorganized wreak and now they pulled it together like a champ. Looking forward to many more fights with them now.

HoD vs JQ vs ET

in WvW

Posted by: Phara Miu.2816

Phara Miu.2816

What HoD had JQ gets…massive massive massive transfers from the bads filling up the queue and waiting to get carried.
You can pick them off blindly as they never drop Rams / Catapults / Balista’s and some dont even carry suply’s.

Those bads also pick up suply’s from keeps that needed to be upgraded and more anoying then anything else, the people that made the server good are standing in 2 / 6 hours queue to get inside WvW.

Thats what Far Shiverpeaks EU – HoD had to endure week in week out.

Yes i played on Far Shiverpeaks, one of the best WvW servers only losing due to no off peak hours guilds to keep towers and keeps.
Main reason i transferd to HoD was to assist in the off peak hours as iam From THe Netherlands.
Jade Q is facing these same anoying kitten any top server has to endure when they win.

Last week was instand queu on any borderlands for HoD…

So right now we would never know wich server would have won HoD / JQ as the server is running on 1 leg with 1 arm tied on the back.

Not bashing JQ as they deserve every inch of respect for building up their WvW community.
But please refrain from flaming HoD, its makes you look bad and thats not something you earn as you fought hard to get where you are now.

Also stop bashing ET and Ruin…even tough they hate HoD more then anything we realy like fighting you guys.

That massive Golem army marching from Anz to SM was epic, we almost lost SM in that attack.

Respect to JQ / ET / SBI

But HoD is in bad shape due to these free transfers and time will tell if we can build up a worthy community to go for 1st place again.

HoD vs JQ vs ET

in WvW

Posted by: Corvindi.5734

Corvindi.5734

I’m not too worried about transfers except for the sake of my precious queues. Our JQ commanders are willing to lead pug players (I ought to know, my only other guild member isn’t even playing right now), and they’re good at getting us to do what they want because they’re not jerks.

We’ll be okay.

But if you come over here, please listen, follow your commanders, carry supply, siege if you can afford it, and don’t fill Team Chat with trolling and chatter unless we’re like a bazillion points ahead or something!

“…we don’t expect you to be forced into dungeons at endgame.”

~ArenaNet

HoD vs JQ vs ET

in WvW

Posted by: aeroh.8930

aeroh.8930

It’s no fun when there’s no one left to fight, because they all transferred over to your realm.

Please end free transfers soon.

HoD vs JQ vs ET

in WvW

Samfisher.7942

It’s no fun when there’s no one left to fight, because they all transferred over to your realm.

Please end free transfers soon.

Now you know how HoD felt for 3-4 weeks :P

Sea of Sorrows

HoD vs JQ vs ET

in WvW

Posted by: FrizzFreston.5290

FrizzFreston.5290

I haven’t played WvW for some time, but I’m pleasantly surprised that HoD is still going strong on second place. Kinda expected more from ET.

At least all the people that only wanted to win and have an easy time are off our server. Which probably only leaves the real fighters on our server. Hopefully all these players that transferred to JQ for the win, gives us time and space to build up our own community for WvW. (Instead of a bunch of sheep that follow the winner around).

Since I haven’t checked I hope there’s a ambience of fresh air instead of a whining bunch that complain they’re not winning though. I feel this change was only good for the HoD community.

“It isn’t working!” CL4P-TP
Ingame Name: Guardian Erik

HoD vs JQ vs ET

in WvW

Posted by: xenoaroe.3894

xenoaroe.3894

First let me say, Grats to JQ for their most likely victory this match. I do not wish to diminish your accomplishment with my post.
But I just want to say that Free Transfers and fickle fickle players have ruined what we had on HoD. We went from having queues out the wazzoo to having outmanned buff during primetime! I am shocked at the sheer number of people who transferred off at the mere news that the Titan Alliance was breaking up. It wasn’t TA’s dissolution that led to our current situation, but it was everyone’s reaction to it.

HoD vs JQ vs ET

in WvW

Posted by: Casia.4281

Casia.4281

yeah. I hate to diminish JQ for bringing the fight we’ve been dying for on HoD.

But I feel like we were sandbagged by Arenanet and other sources. Its no coincidence HoD’s pop vanished after Sunday evenings patch broke WvW.
Brought it back within 1k and suddenly we vanish during prime time? Trying to make a comeback when the game is in a near unplayable state during actual pvp is nearly impossible.
It was the last straw for a great many.

CND destroying TA 2 weeks after they quit, the day of the best matchup yet. Awesome guys. thanks. Brilliant job completely counter-mining everyone else. Not giving any other TA leadership a heads up, destroying militia moral by posting on Guru. You did a perfect job destroying the TA legacy, and any chance of TA reforming.

We’ve been begging for Free xfers to be shut down for nearly a month. And yet, here we are.

Hollow victory, and thats just lame. Its not JQ’s fault in any way. but HoD is currently less then a shell of what it was.

(edited by Casia.4281)

HoD vs JQ vs ET

in WvW

Posted by: Estus.1726

Estus.1726

I believe that JQ, much like HoD, may win the battle but ultimately lose the war. It’s obvious that life at the top poses many problems compounded by the free transfers that is wrecking WvWvW.

ET is not in a position to challenge JQ or HoD IMO. I don’t believe ET has had an influx of new players, the queue times certainly don’t suggest that. If anything, queue times are less now than a couple weeks ago it seems.

In a way, bouncing between T1 and T2 sounds more appealing than the fate of either JQ or HoD will likely endure for the short term.

[RE] Isendale – Tarnished Coast
“Did you see that? Tell me you saw that!”

HoD vs JQ vs ET

in WvW

Posted by: drake.2135

drake.2135

If I had to transfer somewhere, which I’m just about ready to, it would definitely be Eredon Terrace, because to be honest, Jade Quarry doesn’t need any help, and Henge of Denravi is pretty much dead in WvW in the early mornings (who turned into nightcappers now? lol).

At least we’re trying with what little we have at the moment, rather than begging Eredon Terrace to help us out, even though they would never help us and we probably wouldn’t ask for it anyway.

“The beginning is the beginning. The end is also the beginning.”
~Drake from Blackgate

(edited by drake.2135)

HoD vs JQ vs ET

in WvW

Posted by: Grim West.3194

Grim West.3194

6:45am pst

JQ: 565
ET: 120
HoD: 10

HoD vs JQ vs ET

in WvW

Posted by: Haydez.3180

Haydez.3180

ET needs off peak hour guilds in order to stay competitive 24/7, and during NA primetime EST/CST there are queues for WwW. So we need some PST and some EU guilds to close that gap, or we’ll just keep bouncing between T1 and T2.

Guildmaster
Lords of the Dead
www.lotd.org

HoD vs JQ vs ET

in WvW

Posted by: dwahvel.7356

dwahvel.7356

As a ET player for over a month its clear we dont have the playerbase to compete in t1. Also I find it funny how even the regulars wont login whenever we are losing…..but if we are winning there almost always a wait to get in.
Its clear that this week Ruin has no intention of attacking JQ keep/towers, hell we even handed HoD’s keep to JQ yesterday in EB. I dont blame ruin for this I feel the same way. It gets really old when you server is battling neck and neck and the score is pretty much even….and then you log out and find out the next day that you OWN NOTHING. No skill is involved its just PVD and we lost them everytime because of it.

HoD vs JQ vs ET

in WvW

Posted by: xenoaroe.3894

xenoaroe.3894

Yeah, justify Ruin’s and some other guilds’ tactics all you want, its still unsportsman like. Its valid I suppose, those guys have made it clear that they just want to see Henge burn. AA and TL can distance themselves all they want from them too, but it doesnt change the fact that ruin was asked to tag along to ET.

HoD vs JQ vs ET

in WvW

Posted by: fractalKinesis.8569

fractalKinesis.8569

I love being in a top-tier server because it’s so dramatic. Every day is like a soap opera, only instead of characters, it’s guilds, and they’re constantly getting married and breaking up and cheating and doing stupid things for no reason.
I wonder what kind of goofy bullkitten will happen tonight.

Xiro, High Five Warriors [HFW], Jade Quarry

(edited by fractalKinesis.8569)

HoD vs JQ vs ET

in WvW

Posted by: Fed.8594

Fed.8594

Free transfers are a problem. I’ve been posting about this since the first week. Until now servers like HoD have not experienced the problem as much. But as soon as folks get a whiff that the top dog is going down, they will jump ship fast and for free. Anet really need to close free transfers down for the health of all WvW.

HoD vs JQ vs ET

in WvW

Posted by: Davakar.7236

Davakar.7236

This is proof they arent working together, I mean they are totally on opposite sides of the keep while other easy points are just sitting there undefended…

HoD vs JQ vs ET

in WvW

Posted by: Gavello.2813

Gavello.2813

For all the Ruin members reading…

MONGOLIAN CHARGE EVERYTHING!

Well Ruin is having a blast borderlands jumping, capping half the map and then moving onto the next one.

~Ruin~Officer~

HoD vs JQ vs ET

in WvW

Posted by: Casia.4281

Casia.4281

what the…

What kind of sorcery is letting you see people?

HoD vs JQ vs ET

in WvW

Brome.7036

Good game sir! good game

(edited by Brome.7036)

HoD vs JQ vs ET

in WvW

Posted by: mangarrage.1062

mangarrage.1062

Honestly people are blowing this transferring stuff way out of proportion. I mean honestly these HoD people feel JQ took their early am est playerbase during this match? I cannot even touch that one. And ofc when this whole transfer thing gets brought up JQ was winning by 1k and shortly after actually lost the lead.
So why would people transfer off a server who was pretty much had a share of the lead
In addition alot of people don’t get the fact that a full server can’t be transferred to. Now I am sure there are times where JQ drops to high from full but whole guilds switching over I just don’t buy at all
I’m sure many individuals transfer to JQ from alot of servers, but not full guilds to make a whole lot of difference.
I mean its only wednesday and I know for a fact on Monday in the morning (7am est) we had undermanned buff on all maps and I personally watched HoD turn the JQ map from blue to green and start on the HoD map all in a span of less then 2 hours.
So my hats off to them who fought for their server when most of the rest of your server save a few guilds like disappeared.

Everyone knows the transfer system sucks and everyone knows it effects matches but I still think it is way overblown

HoD vs JQ vs ET

in WvW

Posted by: Wotah.2975

Wotah.2975

Some people still don’t know that many of the top guilds on CD transferred to JQ.

I keep reading this (either from you or someone else). Name them, let’s see how much help they have been.

Wotah, Brutaler [SICK]/[SG]
Plague/Shadow Gypsies
Jade Quarry

HoD vs JQ vs ET

in WvW

Posted by: Prototype.9852

Prototype.9852

^ What this guy said. The commanders on the field are EXACTLY the same as one or two weeks ago. The guilds are EXACTLY the same.

HoD vs JQ vs ET

in WvW

Brome.7036

Honestly people are blowing this transferring stuff way out of proportion. I mean honestly these HoD people feel JQ took their early am est playerbase during this match? I cannot even touch that one. And ofc when this whole transfer thing gets brought up JQ was winning by 1k and shortly after actually lost the lead.
So why would people transfer off a server who was pretty much had a share of the lead
In addition alot of people don’t get the fact that a full server can’t be transferred to. Now I am sure there are times where JQ drops to high from full but whole guilds switching over I just don’t buy at all
I’m sure many individuals transfer to JQ from alot of servers, but not full guilds to make a whole lot of difference.
I mean its only wednesday and I know for a fact on Monday in the morning (7am est) we had undermanned buff on all maps and I personally watched HoD turn the JQ map from blue to green and start on the HoD map all in a span of less then 2 hours.
So my hats off to them who fought for their server when most of the rest of your server save a few guilds like disappeared.

Everyone knows the transfer system sucks and everyone knows it effects matches but I still think it is way overblown

HOD went from 5 hour queues for EB on Fri to outmaned buffes on Saturday after TA departure hit the street.
Transfers or quits, choose one.

HoD vs JQ vs ET

in WvW

Posted by: EasymodeX.4062

EasymodeX.4062

Switch to PvE for a bit? Played some LoL / watched the championships? Went to the bar?

Decided to sit back and cool off for a week? Farm some exotics? Swing around and get 100% map complete?

If you can’t read English, please do not reply to my post.