Huge drop down in WvW population ?

in WvW

Posted by: Sirendor.1394

Sirendor.1394

Cause ESO is a more than realistic threat for WvW, biggest one ever, and I can’t say the WvW population is very happy with GW2.

Gandara – Vabbi – Ring of Fire – Fissure of Woe – Vabbi
SPvP as Standalone All is Vain

in WvW

Posted by: gpassucc.5961

gpassucc.5961

TESO is coming. WIll be nice to not have to deal with such bad balance issues.

I can’t wait for the amazing, engaging combat I experienced in beta… /sarcasm

[EG] – SoR – Persies Sunreaver (war),
Persiës Sunreaver (ele), Persiës (ranger),
Gromphe Baenre (necro), Përsies (guard)

in WvW

Posted by: Hule.8794

Hule.8794

gpassucc you should try next beta. It will not be based on obsolete build but on almost actuall one.

in WvW

Posted by: Dayra.7405

Dayra.7405

Currently it doesn’t really matter, if TESO-WvW will be better or worser than GW2-WvW.

Just something different than what we have now since nearly 2 years is already a strong attractor.

Matches are stale and suspense of match-outcome is close to 0 now, and it’s boring to play the same thing over and over again.

Variation and suspense could be increased by simple easy methods:
- Variantion in Match-duration, i.e. we all know who wins 24/7, but who wins on 24/2 on weekend?
- different match-scoring: We all know who wins with the current off-time capping and PvD-train favoring scoring, but who wins if this is modified, e.g. to make objective only score if kept long (no objective score before you own it for at least 1day) or player-weighted scoring or …
- Allow only different sets of classes and/or weapon set in WvW for a week, e.g. this week only class A, B and C, but not D, E, F, G, H. This week only weapons A,B,C but no other … This week no AC, this week no trebs, ….

And this post is not proposing that one method (class) is better than another, it only says:

Always the same is boring after a while, and variation can be so easy.

Ceterum censeo SFR esse delendam!

(edited by Dayra.7405)