Instakill

Instakill

in WvW

Posted by: AnniMira.2506

AnniMira.2506

Thief vs my mesmer:

“You critically hit … for 623 using [Ether Blast]” (best damage in that short fight)

“critically hits you for 8,277 using [Heartseeker]”

8,277 vs 623 WTF

Instakill

in WvW

Posted by: SoulSin.5682

SoulSin.5682

Thief vs my mesmer:

“You critically hit … for 623 using [Ether Blast]” (best damage in that short fight)

“critically hits you for 8,277 using [Heartseeker]”

8,277 vs 623 WTF

Get to lvl 80.

Instakill

in WvW

Posted by: Crius.5487

Crius.5487

Heartseeker is an execution skill, it’s damage coefficient is higher the lower the health of the target.

Ether Blast is a condition skill with a low damage coefficient.

Damage sounds about right.

Jade Quarry since Beta

Instakill

in WvW

Posted by: Victory.2879

Victory.2879

Welcome to gw2 Anni. Some classes can land 6+ crit hits in the high thousands in the same time as a staff ele hits one skill for 600 damage whilst having rooted you with immob and then disappear and run away to reset if you happened to dodge at just the right moment or their combo failed.

Against average to poor players thief seems very OP- I’ve been playing it a bit recently, and if you meet good players you can die really fast whilst never downing anything.

As a mes you really shouldn’t have that many problems 1v1 against a thief, I’d suggest you play with your build a bit. OFC if you are upscaled then forget it, they will just eat you until you hit 80.

Victory, Beings Lost On Borderlands (BLOB), SFR & Gandara (inactive)

Instakill

in WvW

Posted by: Sogradde.8016

Sogradde.8016

Welcome to gw2 Anni. Some classes can land 6+ crit hits in the high thousands in the same time as a staff ele hits one skill for 600 damage whilst having rooted you with immob and then disappear and run away to reset if you happened to dodge at just the right moment or their combo failed.

Because eles are so helpless, right?

Midnight Mayhem [MM]
Gunnar’s Hold

Instakill

in WvW

AnniMira.2506

“critically hits you for 10,414 using [Backstab]” – I had full health.

I have lvl 80 mesmer. Full zerk – exo armor, ascended trinkets. Anything non-zerk would have less damage. Max crit hit I have done is about 2,000. How to get 10,414 in a split second with mesmer?

So far best weapon (of mesmer) against the thief is the Moa bird. But you may know how hard it is to get invisible thief as target for the whole cast time. Specially if thief surprises and instakills.

Instakill

in WvW

Posted by: retsuya.4708

retsuya.4708

one does not simply run full zerk on wvw

[WB] Fort Aspenwood

Instakill

in WvW

Posted by: shadowpass.4236

shadowpass.4236

I have lvl 80 mesmer. Full zerk – exo armor, ascended trinkets. Anything non-zerk would have less damage. Max crit hit I have done is about 2,000. How to get 10,414 in a split second with mesmer?

So far best weapon (of mesmer) against the thief is the Moa bird. But you may know how hard it is to get invisible thief as target for the whole cast time. Specially if thief surprises and instakills.

lmao.

Ok first off, you are running a full zerk mesmer (light armored class). It doesn’t matter if you are ascended or not, ascended zerk adds no defense regardless.

And you are talking about 2 different classes. Thieves can 1 shot with backstab. Mesmers can 1 shot with shatters.

I was a power ranger before it was cool.
Guild Leader of Favorable Winds [Wind]

Instakill

in WvW

Posted by: Bertrand.3057

Bertrand.3057

1. Why on earth are you running scepter as a zerker mesmer? It’s a condition damage weapon with zero utility.
2. What are your traits?

Go here: http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/
Enter your build in WvW mode.
Make a post in the Mesmer section, and listen to the advice they give you.

Talleyrand, Captain and Commander of the Bloody Pirates
Asura on patrol in defense of Gandara and Bessie!
Administrator of http://thisisgandara.com

Instakill

in WvW

AnniMira.2506

Btw, I would like to see mesmer vs thief fight with these thiefs that instakills from invisibility. I have seen a lot of youtube videos where mesmers and others kill clearly noob thiefs and others. Sad.

In game, I have seen thiefs which makes fun with regular wvw players, killing them one by one in 1v6 fight, for example. I regularly see exp players complaining about thief’s overpower.

Instakill

in WvW

Posted by: DarkSyze.8627

DarkSyze.8627

lmao.

Ok first off, you are running a full zerk mesmer (light armored class). It doesn’t matter if you are ascended or not, ascended zerk adds no defense regardless.

And you are talking about 2 different classes. Thieves can 1 shot with backstab. Mesmers can 1 shot with shatters.

shadowpass, can i ask you question; i hear all the time, “because you run zerk”, so why is wrong for other class to wear zerker and thief not? Is ok for only thief wear zerk and not other class?

" Solutions To A Problem Can Only Be Found, When You Want To Get Rid Of It "
Ankur

Instakill

in WvW

Posted by: CrimsonNeonite.1048

CrimsonNeonite.1048

^^You don’t even need to run full zerk to do good damage, but plenty run full zerk and get away with it, thanks to good mobility and/or stealth.

I once hit this level 80 mesmer for 9k with a backstab w/o full zerk, so running super glassy with a light armor class as mentioned, it happens.

Scrubio
Plays completely opposite professions to his main Teef.

(edited by CrimsonNeonite.1048)

Instakill

in WvW

AnniMira.2506

I used sword/torch + sword/pistol with no help. Sword 2 freezes the mesmer down while enemy keeps moving – I needed a ranged one-hand weapon. But scepter is here unrelevant: 10,414 crit is.

I have shatter build. Shatter is based on clones, but they are lazy and slow. Enemy can run away from them and shatter does no damage. I check enemy’s health bar and see nothing like those noob cases in youtube videos. I have tried different traits, tested in pvp lobby.

Instakill

in WvW

Bertrand.3057

Btw, I would like to see mesmer vs thief fight with these thiefs that instakills from invisibility. I have seen a lot of youtube videos where mesmers and others kill clearly noob thiefs and others. Sad.

In game, I have seen thiefs which makes fun with regular wvw players, killing them one by one in 1v6 fight, for example. I regularly see exp players complaining about thief’s overpower.

Not sure if there’s a video out there with a mesmer viewpoint, but Yishis posts a lot of videos as D/D thief which is high burst, there are two pretty decent mesmer fights on this clip: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NEEYhovtwBo

You can skip right ahead to the mesmer fights by expanding the video info and clicking the links.

A thief often does have the advantage against the mesmer in a 1v1 but as a zerker mesmer if you find a less experienced one you can definitely beat them. D/D thieves can use the mesmer’s clones for an easy cloak and dagger stealth, but if a good mesmer can interrupt the CnD and catch the thief with a full shatter.

(edited by Bertrand.3057)

Instakill

in WvW

Bertrand.3057

I used sword/torch + sword/pistol with no help. Sword 2 freezes the mesmer down while enemy keeps moving – I needed a ranged one-hand weapon. But scepter is here unrelevant: 10,414 crit is.

I have shatter build. Shatter is based on clones, but they are lazy and slow. Enemy can run away from them and shatter does no damage. I check enemy’s health bar and see nothing like those noob cases in youtube videos. I have tried different traits, tested in pvp lobby.

Shatter is not an easy build to play. Don’t expect results you see in videos like Bamf Joe’s before you have much experience.

You need to learn how to play your enemy and time your shatters so that they will get hit by the shatter. If you just position your clones haphazardly and hit shatter when you have 3 illusions up, chances are your enemy will have time to react to the shatter and dodge or run away from them. One simple trick is to set the clones up in a tight triangle around the enemy, then they have nowhere to run, and if you time an immobilize you can prevent them from dodging.

As with any burst build, you also need to watch for your enemy’s defensive reactions, you can set up a burst but if they have a block or endure pain or a teleport, etc. it’s not going to do much.

Finally, you are never going to get 10k in your combat log as mesmer, each shatter hit registers independently. If you land a full shatter, however, it may well add up to over 10k,

Instakill

in WvW

Posted by: Cake.4920

Cake.4920

I have lvl 80 mesmer. Full zerk – exo armor, ascended trinkets. Anything non-zerk would have less damage. Max crit hit I have done is about 2,000.

blue sword?

Instakill

in WvW

Bertrand.3057

lmao.

shadowpass, can i ask you question; i hear all the time, “because you run zerk”, so why is wrong for other class to wear zerker and thief not? Is ok for only thief wear zerk and not other class?

It’s not wrong for other classes to wear zerker. shadowpass never claimed that. If you want to get advice from other players, there was another thread with a lot of useful info which you refused to consider or acknowledge. Don’t put words in other people’s mouths for rhetorical points.

All shadowpass was pointing out was that zerker gear doesn’t give you the defensive stats you need to survive a burst, whether it’s level 80 ascended or level 2 common. The only caveat is the defense bonus from armor pieces, but for light armor professions this is quite low.

Zerker is totally viable for mesmer but only if you know how to avoid burst damage. Thieves are actually more vulnerable with full zerker because their health pool is 2/3 the size of a mesmer’s.

(edited by Bertrand.3057)

Instakill

in WvW

Posted by: shadowpass.4236

shadowpass.4236

^ pretty much that. @Bertrand

Anyways, there will always be players like AnniMira who think thieves are super OP (judging by some of your previous posts).

I think thieves are still pretty strong if they are good at it, but that goes for any class.

At the start of the game, I used to hate thieves too, but I got over it. It’s kind of like one of those “phases” you go through, haha.

I was a power ranger before it was cool.
Guild Leader of Favorable Winds [Wind]

Instakill

in WvW

Posted by: Exciton.8942

Exciton.8942

lmao.

It’s not wrong for other classes to wear zerker. shadowpass never claimed that. If you want to get advice from other players, there was another thread with a lot of useful info which you refused to consider or acknowledge. Don’t put words in other people’s mouths for rhetorical points.

All shadowpass was pointing out was that zerker gear doesn’t give you the defensive stats you need to survive a burst, whether it’s level 80 ascended or level 2 common. The only caveat is the defense bonus from armor pieces, but for light armor professions this is quite low.

Zerker is totally viable for mesmer but only if you know how to avoid burst damage. Thieves are actually more vulnerable with full zerker because their health pool is 2/3 the size of a mesmer’s.

That’s not correct. The ability to survive depends more on your overall build than just a simple health pool. Thieves usually run Shadow arts in WvW and that makes them survive way better than a zerker shatter mesmer.

And playing a shatter mesmer against thief is not just about how to avoid burst damage. Defence and offence usually go hand in hand when fighting thieves. You need to make that split second decision to burst down the thief and survive yourself. Otherwise, even if you survived most of the thief burst and traded back some decent damage. He can still wear you down by constantly resetting the fight.

Instakill

in WvW

Bertrand.3057

Yeah, obviously what I said was simplified given the comment I was responding to. If you want to talk about how traits affect the equation there’s a lot of possible directions for that conversation. Same with the skills involved with playing shatter mesmer (my post before that is concerning offense because the OP clearly struggles with that).

Just look at this thread and consider the audience.

Instakill

in WvW

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

Thieves have been the kings of 1v1 and small groups ever since the launch of the game, so not sure what to except here -.-

During this weekend I joined WvW for the first time in… oh 6 months or so… and you know what the first thing I see is? Thief gank squad of course. 3 Thieves by Golanta that that pretty much show up for 1-2s, bring a player to very low HP or kill him, then vanish again, only to pop up some 5ish seconds later for 1 second and vanish again. 10-15 friendlies running around just trying to catch them (and not die when they do a burst). Of course they where very skilled and knew exactly what they where doing (tbh I didnt expect anything less at this age of the game). Nothing has changed, lol.

Point is here, if he is a Thief and he is a better player than you… You’re going to bloody die. The damage doesnt even matter. That’s only half of what makes Thieves strong. Skilled Mesmer going up against an average Thief? Sure he can kill it. Two skilled ones dueling can be really intense – the Mesmer is still an excellent 1v1 class. But it really doesnt change the fact that if the Thief knows what he’s doing, you’re almost dead before you even see him. The best match for either side is of course meeting a build that cant handle your build – tanky condition Mesmer vs zerker Thief with no condition removal, zerker Mesmer with condition removal versus condi Thief, etc etc. In either scenario the Mesmer will still be hampered by ramp up time while the Thief always has the initiative.

Instakill

in WvW

Posted by: Kungsmurfen.2861

Kungsmurfen.2861

Not sure if there’s a video out there with a mesmer viewpoint, but Yishis posts a lot of videos as D/D thief which is high burst, there are two pretty decent mesmer fights on this clip: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NEEYhovtwBo

As a zerker mesmer vs zerker thief you should probably do like the one in this vid. Use focus instead of torch against thieves. It’s a way better defence and temporal curtain can truly mess up a thiefs game.

Underworld – [ZERK]

Instakill

in WvW

Posted by: SpellOfIniquity.1780

SpellOfIniquity.1780

A full zerk shatter Mesmer can kitten near kill someone dead twice in one shatter.

Necromancer, Ranger, Warrior, Engineer
Champion: Phantom, Hunter, Legionnaire, Genius
WvW rank: Diamond Colonel | Maguuma

(edited by SpellOfIniquity.1780)

Instakill

in WvW

Posted by: Jayden Ennok.3687

Jayden Ennok.3687

How to get 10,414 in a split second with mesmer?

at around 2:50

Underworld Vabbi 1.5yr

Instakill

in WvW

DarkSyze.8627

lmao.

Write were i say shadowpass claim? Write where I " Don’t put words in other people’s mouths for rhetorical points". I ask a question. do a question have to be claim? Do a question have to be from other people mouth? What are you talk about “rehetorical point”? Write where i say i “refuse to consider and acknowledge”. Why when i write in forum and post always give you problem? I do not ask you question so why i bother you? Yes other player can answer question but when i write, it make you mad and make you rude attitude, so what is wrong? After you reply with rude attitude; you give suggestion. Are you ok? If i always write and make you mad and make you bad attitude; do not reply; very simple than you can be ok.

Ankur

(edited by DarkSyze.8627)

Instakill

in WvW

Posted by: Pheppo.9286

Pheppo.9286

Previously the thief was my worst enemy.
As times go by and i got more experienced with my mesmer i like hunting down thiefs

It’s all about skill, training and – of course – your build.
Mostly you can predict exactly which kind of attak will happen soon. That means, that knowing the skills of your opponents class will help you to plan your strategy against his attaks.
And a thief which hits you with a 10k backstab is a full glass canon … 1 good shatter (about 4 times 2k+ damage per clone) will mostly bring him down.
And if he uses his shadow refuge … dont wait until he’s ready again, just run to get out of fight and heal you also up.

Server: Riverside [DE]
Chars: The fluffy Flapsi (Ele), Fipsip (Mesmer), Flappo (Necro), Fenix (Engi)

Instakill

in WvW

Posted by: Zenos Osgorma.2936

Zenos Osgorma.2936

lmao.

Write were i say shadowpass claim? Write where I " Don’t put words in other people’s mouths for rhetorical points". I ask a question. do a question have to be claim? Do a question have to be from other people mouth? What are you talk about “rehetorical point”? Write where i say i “refuse to consider and acknowledge”. Why when i write in forum and post always give you problem? I do not ask you question so why i bother you? Yes other player can answer question but when i write, it make you mad and make you rude attitude, so what is wrong? After you reply with rude attitude; you give suggestion. Are you ok? If i always write and make you mad and make you bad attitude; do not reply; very simple than you can be ok.

read again , " shadow pass never claimed " “not i said shadowpass claim” your having a rant fine , but note if you run full glass and can’t avoid bursts prepair to die fast without a chance to recover easly.

Instakill

in WvW

Posted by: Ragnar.4257

Ragnar.4257

Against average to poor players thief seems very OP- I’ve been playing it a bit recently, and if you meet good players you can die really fast whilst never downing anything.

This is the heart of it.

Learning to beat thief is a “rite of passage” for WvWers and PvPers. To the beginner they look absurdly, godly overpowered. To the experienced player, they are generally preferable to having to deal with a decent celestial ele or engi.

[Scnd][TA][Dius][aX]

Instakill

in WvW

DarkSyze.8627

lmao.

read again , " shadow pass never claimed " “not i said shadowpass claim” your having a rant fine , but note if you run full glass and can’t avoid bursts prepair to die fast without a chance to recover easly.

Thank You! for correction I understand.

Ankur

Instakill

in WvW

Posted by: misterman.1530

misterman.1530

I’m not sure, but twice in the past day I have gone down with an “instakill”. Looking at my combat log, I see that whatever hit me did so at much less than the health I had remaining. For instance, I’m at 14k, something hits me, I go down. Looking at the combat log, I see a crit hit for 5k, and then nothing but me trying to heal in the downed state until I get spiked.

Instakill

in WvW

Posted by: Victory.2879

Victory.2879

Of course the sensible thing would be to not run solo as a zerk mesmer, unless you are a pretty decent mesmer, as facing thief open field isn’t fun.

Personally when I play mesmer I play in spvp where I meet a lot of thiefs, d/d eles and rangers (since to buff to rf, which I call the ‘kill yourself skill’). I run Gs/staff zerk but the utilities and fields are the key to running the build successfully.

Stealth is your friend.

Victory, Beings Lost On Borderlands (BLOB), SFR & Gandara (inactive)

Instakill

in WvW

Posted by: Sirendor.1394

Sirendor.1394

Unless you’re a crit thief, or a shatter mes, or a hammer warrior, or a meditation guard.

Gandara – Vabbi – Ring of Fire – Fissure of Woe – Vabbi
SPvP as Standalone All is Vain

Instakill

in WvW

Posted by: Exciton.8942

Exciton.8942

Unless you’re a crit thief, or a shatter mes, or a hammer warrior, or a meditation guard.

I thought dps warrior usually go for Greatsword and axe/mace/shield.

Instakill

in WvW

Posted by: Offair.2563

Offair.2563

Meh, if you run full zerker expect to receive high dmg spikes too. Or invest in some toughness to avoid it. Easy Peasy.

Big Babou, Ranger for life.
Madness Rises [Rise] – Banners Hold.
Don’t argue with idiots, they pull you down their level and own you with experience.

Instakill

in WvW

AnniMira.2506

(Yes you got the attention

People complain in wvw chat more than me here – I just agree them based on my own experiences. I’m really curious is the game unfair. Certainly wvw is not always fun if one has to run repeatedly for trying to reach commander – just to be killed by thiefs who stalks. See my post for the game difficulty levels. “Casual” level would be fine for me, ability to run away – like in PvE – to commander.

misterman above writes something I have wondered too: why I get downed even the combat log does not show that big damages. Is combat log accurate? In any case the game could constantly record the detailed combat data which could be viewed later – e.g., now the combat log does not show my health. Last 10 minutes of recording would be fine for most cases.

I have seen hacks used. People complain in wvw chat and here forums about them. I’m too worried. I’m not only one who asks if some players use hacks for easy kills.

I don’t solo that much – I often run in the tail of the train from which thieves like to pick out players. Other players does not care what happens in the tail.

Instakill

in WvW

Posted by: Celebratty.1632

Celebratty.1632

This thread is great..
If you run in the tail, you are going to get picked off. They don’t care about you because having a tail is a bad thing, and not being on tag is an inconvenience. Stay close to tag or be good enough to kill the thieves that try and pick you off. If you run full zerk, you will have no defense and go down far faster than if you had defense. That is called a trade off. Zerker thieves are not "op," as someone who plays thief and mesmer I can assure you that mesmer is a lot more survivable in full zerk. That thief did exactly what he intended to do, he took out a squishy light armor with 0 defensive capabilities who was too far from the zerg to cause him to get steamrolled.

Lulu [LGN] Anvil Rock
Garbage at every profession 2015

Instakill

in WvW

DarkSyze.8627

This thread is great..
If you run in the tail, you are going to get picked off. They don’t care about you because having a tail is a bad thing, and not being on tag is an inconvenience. Stay close to tag or be good enough to kill the thieves that try and pick you off. If you run full zerk, you will have no defense and go down far faster than if you had defense. That is called a trade off. Zerker thieves are not “op,” as someone who plays thief and mesmer I can assure you that mesmer is a lot more survivable in full zerk. That thief did exactly what he intended to do, he took out a squishy light armor with 0 defensive capabilities who was too far from the zerg to cause him to get steamrolled.

So player who in the tail get punish? It like saying, tail of zerg is not important. I do not agree; every part of zerg is important, include tail. Example; like animal tail; so if somebody cut tail; it is animal fault for have tail? So is trade of for animal for have tail? Some class like necromancer is slow class, so is ok for thief to kill because it is in the tail? I say; all player are important including in the tail; i play guardian class and i protect the tail players because they are part of party. Also there is new player in wvw who is not experience in run fast but is learning; should they be not important to party for be in the tail? should new player trade of be instant kill because not learn yet and experience yet?

In my server; some thief stay behind with in the tail player to protect them; even other player and commander wait for in the tail player; they wait for me too; which is nice.

I understand what you say but i do not find ok for this trade of at all. Every part is important; No trade of.

Ankur

(edited by DarkSyze.8627)

Instakill

in WvW

Posted by: Darius.1430

Darius.1430

A Mesmer on our server posted this, she doesn’t seem to have problems with Thieves. She isn’t running Zerker though.

Instakill

in WvW

Posted by: Hex.6415

Hex.6415

AnniMira, have a look at the below video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W5qHuPoY3W0

It helped me when I was in your situation.

Also, the hell with ‘wvw honor’. Play the cheesiest most OP and rage inducing build you can, PU, condition… the whole 9 yards. Why should you take the high road? .. your enemies aren’t …

So there, I said it. Forget about berserker shatter.

Instakill

in WvW

Posted by: Celebratty.1632

Celebratty.1632

This thread is great..
If you run in the tail, you are going to get picked off. They don’t care about you because having a tail is a bad thing, and not being on tag is an inconvenience. Stay close to tag or be good enough to kill the thieves that try and pick you off. If you run full zerk, you will have no defense and go down far faster than if you had defense. That is called a trade off. Zerker thieves are not “op,” as someone who plays thief and mesmer I can assure you that mesmer is a lot more survivable in full zerk. That thief did exactly what he intended to do, he took out a squishy light armor with 0 defensive capabilities who was too far from the zerg to cause him to get steamrolled.

So player who in the tail get punish? It like saying, tail of zerg is not important. I do not agree; every part of zerg is important, include tail. Example; like animal tail; so if somebody cut tail; it is animal fault for have tail? So is trade of for animal for have tail? Some class like necromancer is slow class, so is ok for thief to kill because it is in the tail? I say; all player are important including in the tail; i play guardian class and i protect the tail players because they are part of party. Also there is new player in wvw who is not experience in run fast but is learning; should they be not important to party for be in the tail? should new player trade of be instant kill because not learn yet and experience yet?

In my server; some thief stay behind with in the tail player to protect them; even other player and commander wait for in the tail player; they wait for me too; which is nice.

I understand what you say but i do not find ok for this trade of at all. Every part is important; No trade of.

If by ‘tail’ you think I mean ‘backline,’ that isn’t what I intended. ‘Tail’ refers to the players who are 10 feet behind the rest of the zerg in groups of 2-3. ‘Backline’ is the squishes who stay out of the main damage in fights and drop their ranged spells. Think about what you said about players guarding the lagging players, and commanders stopping for them to catch up. They have to inconvenience themselves because players cant keep up. If the blob gets hit by the enemy zerg, and 30% of their zerg is too far behind to be useful, they have an enormous disadvantage. The tail is important because the commander *needs them to hurry the kitten up and get on tag *, not because they are being useful back there. If they get picked off, they have no one to blame but themselves.

Btw, I was talking about zerker trade offs, not being outside of the zerg as a ‘trade off.’

Lulu [LGN] Anvil Rock
Garbage at every profession 2015

Instakill

in WvW

Posted by: aspirine.6852

aspirine.6852

This thread is great..

The tail might be important, but for the opponent it’s just a few nice running targets without running speed. Easy Pickings, and everything goes in WvW.

Instakill

in WvW

Posted by: Jim Hunter.6821

Jim Hunter.6821

So player who in the tail get punish? It like saying, tail of zerg is not important. I do not agree; every part of zerg is important, include tail. Example; like animal tail; so if somebody cut tail; it is animal fault for have tail? So is trade of for animal for have tail? Some class like necromancer is slow class, so is ok for thief to kill because it is in the tail? I say; all player are important including in the tail; i play guardian class and i protect the tail players because they are part of party. Also there is new player in wvw who is not experience in run fast but is learning; should they be not Uteimportant to party for be in the tail? should new player trade of be instant kill because not learn yet and experience yet?

Experienced in running fast? If your zerg isn’t garbage all you have to do is stay on the tag and you will have Perma swiftness.

If you are running a zerg build then stay with the zerg or expect to die. One of my favorite things to do in game is get zerglings to over extend from the group so I can pick them off.

Also known as Puck when my account isn’t suspended
LGN

Instakill

in WvW

Posted by: Sorel.4870

Sorel.4870

As a mes you really shouldn’t have that many problems 1v1 against a thief, I’d suggest you play with your build a bit. OFC if you are upscaled then forget it, they will just eat you until you hit 80.

Only in the WvW subforum can you hear such things^^. To elaborate a little if you play PU mesmer or maim mesmer, you’ll have no problems with thieves. If you like playing power shatter mesmer or even interrupt mesmer, you’ll have to largely outplay the thief in order to win.

Instakill

in WvW

Crius.5487

Or you’re a well necro, or longbow ranger, or fully glassed up ele who can’t get a forward static off.

Jade Quarry since Beta

Instakill

in WvW

Posted by: Sorel.4870

Sorel.4870

Also, be careful when you mention “hacks”. In game, I’ve seen a player say “this thief ported away and then back to me to finish the stomp, what a hacker”, even though the thief has at least two ways to do it. Try to play a thief, come back and tell us it’s OP. PU mesmer is way stronger at the moment, but still not OP. Sure, people are annoyed because they can leave and reset the fight, but so can warriors and bomb engineers, and you don’t see anyone complaining about them.

Instakill

in WvW

Crius.5487

Also, be careful when you mention “hacks”. In game, I’ve seen a player say “this thief ported away and then back to me to finish the stomp, what a hacker”, even though the thief has at least two ways to do it. Try to play a thief, come back and tell us it’s OP. PU mesmer is way stronger at the moment, but still not OP. Sure, people are annoyed because they can leave and reset the fight, but so can warriors and bomb engineers, and you don’t see anyone complaining about them.

People use to complain about warriors resetting fights all the time then adrenaline got nerf’d. Now if you reset a fight you lose all your adrenaline when previously you could GS 3-5 away, reset, come back with full adrenaline and Evis crit.

Jade Quarry since Beta

Instakill

in WvW

Posted by: aspirine.6852

aspirine.6852

AnniMira, have a look at the below video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W5qHuPoY3W0

It helped me when I was in your situation.

Also, the hell with ‘wvw honor’. Play the cheesiest most OP and rage inducing build you can, PU, condition… the whole 9 yards. Why should you take the high road? .. your enemies aren’t …

So there, I said it. Forget about berserker shatter.

Eh yeah lets post a ridicilous good mesmer as help

Instakill

in WvW

Posted by: Calypso.2578

Calypso.2578

LOL. I loved the “my clones are slow and lazy.” MINE ARE, TOO, MATE.

Yes, you can run full zerk shatter mesmer and solo roam in WvW. You’ll die a bit, but the few fights you can get into will be enjoyable vs running a mind-numbingly boring build like condi PU.

You can do quite a bit of damage with your shatters. Here’s a vid of a guardian taking a decent amount of damage in a few seconds: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xjkHFgV7858

This is a REALLY bad thief (not his main), but you can see him dying in a few seconds as well: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2bPKzt_l2tQ&list=PLIkObNEwV0uqc_0hkgJdxlIM0UPWVTc_8

Main hand sword is great to use against thieves when you’re running a power build. I’d suggest scepter for condi or hybrid builds. Thieves teleport a lot so you will want to use range one one hand (staff or greatsword) for when they’re far away and sword + ____ for your other weapons when they get close to you.

I’d suggest playing a thief so you know how they play. Once you play all the builds, you will know the window when they will attempt to attack.

As a mesmer, you’re going to have to develop tough skin to fight against thieves. It is easier for them to out play us due to being able to out stealth us. Also, if they are a better player, they’re probably going to beat you most rounds. Deal with it. You have the upper hand in many other matchups. I normally only beat bad thieves or impatient/kitteny/reckless thieves. If a thief is very careful in staying away from my clones or constantly stealthing/shadowrefuging, I will eventually be stolen from/backstabbed, shortbowed enough that my health will eventually go down. Running greatsword/sword+torch does help against them, though. Good luck!

Kaalypzo ~ Twitch ~ YouTube

Instakill

in WvW

Posted by: Rangerdeity.5847

Rangerdeity.5847

not true i run full zerk ele and necro daily however my mesmer….. soldiers motherkittener triumphant distortion null field feedback blink mass invis reflecting focus skills the whole 9 yards of defense on mesmer because bruuuuuuh your not meant to be a damage nuker your meant for attrition

Instakill

in WvW

Posted by: Ross Biddle.2367

Ross Biddle.2367

We approach our problems differently.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=r1Snhq7FkT0&x-yt-cl=84503534&x-yt-ts=1421914688#t=110