Is WvW really a war between worlds?

in WvW

Posted by: Phule.1968

Phule.1968

Q:

As topic says, is WvW really a war between worlds or what?

My personal take on what WvW has come to is how to get easy Wxp. And we all know the answer to that, karmatrains. Imo that’s the thing that has become the biggest threat to the whole WvW idea, or atleast the biggest flaw in the state of WvW.

I think it’s time for A-net Devs to take a serious look on how to improve battles, the risk vs. the reward for running as either a small group or a large group.

Some changes I’d love to see is:
Increased, or removed AoE cap
Backdoors to towers
Lower non siege damage to doors
Either remove wxp from taking structures or make it rewarding to put up a defence
Remove downed state completely in wvw

So what’s your opinion?

Where’s my X-ray goggles when I need em?

in WvW

Posted by: Warlord.9074

Warlord.9074

I made a similar thread and none of your suggestions were on my list but I like the lower non siege damage to doors. Some of my suggestions would indirectly fix your suggestions so they were no longer issues. Have a look. https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/wuv/wuv/How-to-Fix-World-Vs-World-1/first#post3622950

“Just press 2 to win all the dps was us cuz we’re a
warrior and we’re the best class” Eugene

in WvW

Phule.1968

While you share my views on some points I still think that what needs to be adressed is the rewards for grabbing structures, karma, xp, loots, cash and wxp. Remove or lower the wxp reward and we’re fine, imo that is.

in WvW

Posted by: Retsuko.2035

Retsuko.2035

If you want to get rid of karma trains, you obviously need to get rid of karma althogether from taking objectives. Of course that wouldn’t be fair to those who don’t karma train.

Instead it would be ideal if karma and other rewards you get from taking objectives is scaled up or down depending on how many enemy players are trying to defend. Where you get almost nothing for taking an empty keep or whatever, but more then we get now for taking a heavily defended one.

Would also love to see karma added to killing enemy players to give people more incentive to go out and fight eachother. instead of hiding behind your walls.

Retsu ~ Inner Monkey [IM] ~ Piken Square

in WvW

Posted by: Fenrir.6183

Fenrir.6183

Backdoors were great in warhammer online, not sure why we don’t have some here…
I like all of your ideas, would definitely improve the wvw experience…

in WvW

Posted by: Rezz.8019

Rezz.8019

I like it the way it works now. I don’t want anything changed. Rewards are just fine.

in WvW

Posted by: Cufufalating.8479

Cufufalating.8479

Idk if people want to karma train around then its not really for me to tell them they shouldnt be.

I still meet plenty of people roaming around, plenty of guild groups, and yeah some massive pug zergs, but I dont see a problem with that.

They could do something to make it easier for smaller group to cap stuff perhaps, but “nerfing” large groups sounds unnessesary.

Cufufalating – Ranger / Part-Time Mesmer
Gunnar’s Hold

in WvW

Posted by: McWolfy.5924

McWolfy.5924

what i like to see: lessless reward for taking towers, keeps etc and more for killing somebody. maybe random karma potions from enemy players, a little glory (or lvling books) and maybe pvp rank points.

WSR→Piken→Deso→Piken→FSP→Deso
Just the WvW
R3200+

in WvW

Posted by: Sirendor.1394

Sirendor.1394

What I want to see…

1___________________________________________________
“Scale rewards to amount of players completing same objective”

to prevent griefing

2___________________________________________________
“Scale rewards to amount of time engaged”

(in combat time, siege time, damage taken, damage dealt, amount of healing)

So that if you are soloing a camp and a zerg comes, you get full reward, the zerg gets 5% or less of the reward.

Gandara – Vabbi – Ring of Fire – Fissure of Woe – Vabbi
SPvP as Standalone All is Vain

in WvW

Posted by: Kvothe.1467

Kvothe.1467

change all dem maps up tis borin’. All da secrets been discovered. Revamp. Add another color, group dem servers up in colors every week and let the mayhem begin anew and improved!!

I feel emotions when I think about you.

in WvW

Phule.1968

The term “Karmatrain” is used to describe the actions of a blob moving as one taking towers, keeps, supp camps and sentries for easy rewards without any real effort more then time invested. To me that’s PvE and it has nothing to do with world vs. world.

Imo it should be about fighting others players, not npc’s, for those rewards. And the reward I’m talking about is Wxp, karma is just a bonus and it is fine as it is. Sure go ahead and flip stuff for easy karma if that’s what you want but Wxp shouldn’t be the reward for that.

That’s ofc my take on it all, and apparently there’s some others who think alike and some who disagree.

I’m curious to know what people think about the current situation and what they would suggest to change things up, to make it better for those who prefers fighting other players. Many have suggested rewards for defending and I agree on that, though as it is right now it’s way more rewarding to just wait until the attackers have left the map or logged off before they move in to grab the stuff back, rinse and repeat. I really don’t like that.