Jan 18-25 SoR-TC-SBI

Jan 18-25 SoR-TC-SBI

in WvW

Posted by: rhyein.6172

rhyein.6172

So uh, how many Omega’s were on Bay in TC BL?

Too soon man, too soon. Some guys here are still grieving.

Jan 18-25 SoR-TC-SBI

in WvW

Posted by: Ubi.4136

Ubi.4136

Excellent manipulation of the culling issue in Longview. That tactic will hopefully serve you well in coming weeks.

If only you knew what we were doing – the main question was, why would you guys go onto the same ramp, 8-9 times in a row after wiping each time?

We were watching you guys over and over go back and forth from the roof, different people wanted to try different things, I think mostly to test the culling but some because we had nothing else to do.

Was fun though.

Lost in the Maguuma [TC]
Te Nosce [TC]

Jan 18-25 SoR-TC-SBI

in WvW

Ubi.4136

Looks like I went to bed too early. The golem gods will not be happy that I didn’t attend the service.

Lost in the Maguuma [TC]
Te Nosce [TC]

Jan 18-25 SoR-TC-SBI

in WvW

Posted by: Aberrant.6749

Aberrant.6749

Sor… put some pants on when you have company over…

Attachments:

Tarnished Coast
Salvage 4 Profit + MF Guide – http://tinyurl.com/l8ff6pa

Jan 18-25 SoR-TC-SBI

in WvW

Posted by: Thiefz.3695

Thiefz.3695

Just a throw out to SBI on Eternal Battlegrounds between 10 P.M. EST and 11 P.M. EST at QL. You guys held that wall we were trebbing even after it fell. Lots of good pvp in between QL and SM. It took SoR about 4 rallies to get past players, seige, aoe, and keep lord. Well done. I liked that it wasn’t the normal Zerg steam roll. It was a lot of back and forth regroup and rally which I think is the most fun. Good times.

Jan 18-25 SoR-TC-SBI

in WvW

Posted by: OldRodKS.9758

OldRodKS.9758

OK, we had a special guild meeting and have come up with our strategy for next week’s matchup. In order to pull this off, we sent a guildie to visit the secret forest we’ve been growing for a while now… I think the harvest is almost ready…

Attachments:

Playing on Tarnished Coast
Playing a various Stormspire alt – if it’s Stormspire, it’s probably me
Guilds: Elder Prophets [EP], Principality of New Katulus (PiNK)

Jan 18-25 SoR-TC-SBI

in WvW

Posted by: Duskfall.1296

Duskfall.1296

Wish we would stop using “zerg” so much. It sorta belittles us a bit. We are in T2 for Pete’s sake. The “zergs” in T2 are usually led by a commander on TSpeak or such. When is see a big group from TC with PINK guild tags scattered in it I don’t say "oh well another mindless “zerg” I say “holy crap that an army!”

War Born 80 (full support) guardian.
“Choo” SoR

Jan 18-25 SoR-TC-SBI

in WvW

Posted by: Durakone.5237

Durakone.5237

Had a blast last night, thanks to all the commanders and guilds who helped with the surprise party on SoRBL last night

Attachments:

Dwhite Dynamite of the TC

Jan 18-25 SoR-TC-SBI

in WvW

Posted by: arpodz.5196

arpodz.5196

I was wondering the same myself, the description that someone typed on map chat of “a holy kitten ton of golems attacking north bay” seemed to under estimate the weight of those suits.

Jan 18-25 SoR-TC-SBI

in WvW

Posted by: Duskfall.1296

Duskfall.1296

Ya TC turned it up a notch last night. That was fun, painful,expensive fun!

War Born 80 (full support) guardian.
“Choo” SoR

Jan 18-25 SoR-TC-SBI

in WvW

Posted by: Sam.8193

Sam.8193

Had a blast last night, thanks to all the commanders and guilds who helped with the surprise party on SoRBL last night

I was the red dolyak

Jan 18-25 SoR-TC-SBI

in WvW

Posted by: Obsidian.1328

Obsidian.1328

Nothing is more rewarding than two thieves taking every supply camp from SoR Borderlands while they scratch their heads wondering wtf is going on.

-_-

We’re not wondering what is going on lol. You guys are pretty reliable at flipping camps, we just get bored with guarding them 24/7. So we’ve kinda settled into our own flip routine…sometimes I wait around, checking my watch and tapping my foot, for ya’ll to show up and flip. :P

Obsidian Sky – SoR
I troll because I care

Jan 18-25 SoR-TC-SBI

in WvW

Ubi.4136

Wish we would stop using “zerg” so much. It sorta belittles us a bit. We are in T2 for Pete’s sake. The “zergs” in T2 are usually led by a commander on TSpeak or such. When is see a big group from TC with PINK guild tags scattered in it I don’t say "oh well another mindless “zerg” I say “holy crap that an army!”

At least in our chat you don’t see zerg a lot anymore. Usually it is something like 30+ Choo at X, or 10 SoR at X or running by X, 5 SBI at west Gods, etc. Or if you’re like me who sucks at typing fast, so like last night all I got out was ‘golems watergate’ than ran through the mob to get inside and on the door cat. Then once on siege, trying to get some numbers out like timer and # of golems, gate %, etc.

I wouldn’t take offense to the word zerg though. I have typed it in the past, just because it’s easy to type and usually just means a lot of people. Although numbers are more helpful.

Lost in the Maguuma [TC]
Te Nosce [TC]

Jan 18-25 SoR-TC-SBI

in WvW

Posted by: Grimpaw.7493

Grimpaw.7493

@appledainty, feldspar, sunspots: lol, awesome

So glad to have you join TC appledainty. Sad I missed this walk, it seemed so Surprisingly Majestic!

~ Sleight of Mind ~ mesmer
~ Ann Du Lance ~ guardian
Tarnished Coast

Jan 18-25 SoR-TC-SBI

in WvW

Posted by: Niim.9260

Niim.9260

I think tier is irrelevant to the discussion. Having fought in almost every tier, the difference between them is largely about population level and 24/7 coverage. Not that all servers are equal when it comes to organization, but not every server in T8 is a cluster puck either.

In my opinion zerg still accurately describes what I most often see on the field of battle, but the term zerg obviously means something different to each of us, depending on your perspective.

~ AoN ~

(edited by Niim.9260)

Jan 18-25 SoR-TC-SBI

in WvW

Posted by: Azaruil.3406

Azaruil.3406

The term “zerg” is still quite appropriate. If I remember my Starcraft lore correctly, the Zerg strategy was to overwhelm the enemy with a superior number of inferior units. They were also linked to the Overmind which would direct their actions.

Consider commanders to be Overminds and their swarm of players to be zerglings. From my experience, finding these zerglings away from their swarms is always quite entertaining as they die so easily.

Aza
“I smell like pomegranate.”

Jan 18-25 SoR-TC-SBI

in WvW

Posted by: Mjolniir.2541

Mjolniir.2541

The term “zerg” is still quite appropriate. If I remember my Starcraft lore correctly, the Zerg strategy was to overwhelm the enemy with a superior number of inferior units. They were also linked to the Overmind which would direct their actions.

Consider commanders to be Overminds and their swarm of players to be zerglings. From my experience, finding these zerglings away from their swarms is always quite entertaining as they die so easily.

Yes the term still applies. In my experience, the zergs here are still superior numbers of inferior units. And when caught alone I can confirm that said zerglings do melt like butter. In fact, if the zerg is not big enough, when faced with superior units of lesser numbers, they do indeed seem to implode.

I am the punishment of God… If you had not
committed great sins, God would not have sent a
punishment like me upon you." ~ Temüjin ~

Jan 18-25 SoR-TC-SBI

in WvW

Posted by: Mjolniir.2541

Mjolniir.2541

… I dont begrudge anyone for leaving. 20 years ago I may have probably done the same, in the name of glory. Fact is in age you care less about these things, and actually kind of look forward to less popular victories or achievements then the mainstream. Coverages are going to change eventually, and those same guilds might find themselves near burn out yet again. Play for fun, and that doesnt mean not to be competitive, but dont lose sight of what its supposed to be. A game.

Indeed. As an aging warrior, I learned one fundamental truth in life as well as in-game; Glory and honor are two very different things.

I am the punishment of God… If you had not
committed great sins, God would not have sent a
punishment like me upon you." ~ Temüjin ~

Jan 18-25 SoR-TC-SBI

in WvW

Posted by: Cat Amiss.9463

Cat Amiss.9463

There are plenty of “zergs” that are extremely well coordinated and not just mindless, when FEAR runs with 30-40-50 or more people on the field, there is serious coordination with things we do, balancing between units, peoples specialities used to our advantage, specific reasons we do tthings etc.

when a Cds “zerg” is on the map its the same thing for them just as is for choo etc, the only mindless zergs are usually just aa ton of random people following a commander, and even then i have seen some amazing groups of different people in 1 big unit do some crazy stuff..theres a time and place to call mindless zergs and a time for zergs. Just saying, dont label everything as just some stupid zerg and is pointless other tthan numbers.

80 Elementalist – Sykotik Death
Leader of FEAR – Sanctum of Rall
www.feargw2.com

Jan 18-25 SoR-TC-SBI

in WvW

Posted by: Kerithlan.1659

Kerithlan.1659

So Sanctum of Rall, since you guys want to spend a few weeks messing around in T2 anyway, I have a great idea.

Next week let’s try to get both TC and SoR to leave SBIBL completely alone, and get them to stay in the tier for one week longer.

If we do this, then we are likely to see Maguuma vs Fort Aspenwood vs Kaineng next week. I don’t know about you, but that’s an explosive match-up that I really want to see.

Fosthe — Sylvari Elementalist
Men of Science [MoS] – Tarnished Coast

Jan 18-25 SoR-TC-SBI

in WvW

Posted by: Handin.4032

Handin.4032

I was the blue dolyak

TC Golden Dolyak – [DOLY]
Mesmer – FURY
Rank 55 – Bunker Engi, Top 300

Jan 18-25 SoR-TC-SBI

in WvW

Posted by: Gatharin.2674

Gatharin.2674

Or… you could spend the last few hours of this match targeting SBI and help propel a new opponent (Maguuma) into the T2 match for this coming week. Currently, the points are very close. Just something to think about ;D

Maguuma WvW

Jan 18-25 SoR-TC-SBI

in WvW

Posted by: Gravy.7589

Gravy.7589

EB was an absolute blast last night, during 9pm-Midnight east coast time. SBI and TC were pushing back and forth for ogre’s for over an hour, maybe two hours? Then SoR showed up and we had some 3 way fun, that didn’t involve zerging or culling. Props to all sides here.

I concur with Mjolniir.2541 about zergs, more so against SBI. QL would be the prime example last night. With fewer numbers we repeatedly turned away SoR till it finally fell. I will say, SoR you were persistent. Thought we could hold QL but the constant 30+ zerg wore us down. If anything we on SBI are learning to combat far superior numbers and still having fun. No worries about points is kinda of freeing and this week has been very enjoyable on EB. Keep up the good fight SBI

Jan 18-25 SoR-TC-SBI

in WvW

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

Hooray for good sports!

One jumping on my dead head, one dancing on it, and one cheering!

Goodness.

Attachments:

L’enfer, c’est les autres

Jan 18-25 SoR-TC-SBI

in WvW

Posted by: Sam.8193

Sam.8193

Hooray for good sports!

Goodness.

Oh I do the same to people, only in 1v1s though.

Oh and SoR you guys need to do better job sweeping walls, I revived everyone inside TCBL’s hills and took it back, and hid a while in LV too :P killing yall commander

Jan 18-25 SoR-TC-SBI

in WvW

Posted by: split.3659

split.3659

Hooray for good sports!

Goodness.

Victory Dance!

Cortugas Thane of [FEAR] Dominatore dei Morti
Necromancer Class Lead
www.feargw2.com

Jan 18-25 SoR-TC-SBI

in WvW

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

Hooray for good sports!

Goodness.

Victory Dance!

Not really .. I jumped and died before anyone killed me.

L’enfer, c’est les autres

Jan 18-25 SoR-TC-SBI

in WvW

Posted by: split.3659

split.3659

Hooray for good sports!

Goodness.

Victory Dance!

Not really .. I jumped and died before anyone killed me.

Victory Dance!

Cortugas Thane of [FEAR] Dominatore dei Morti
Necromancer Class Lead
www.feargw2.com

Jan 18-25 SoR-TC-SBI

in WvW

Posted by: Kerithlan.1659

Kerithlan.1659

Or… you could spend the last few hours of this match targeting SBI and help propel a new opponent (Maguuma) into the T2 match for this coming week. Currently, the points are very close. Just something to think about ;D

No thanks, I’d rather see the transfer servers slap it out.

Fosthe — Sylvari Elementalist
Men of Science [MoS] – Tarnished Coast

Jan 18-25 SoR-TC-SBI

in WvW

Posted by: Notrub.6925

Notrub.6925

Yep, the discussion came up for SBI to just take a break for a week and drop down. But, the PUGs are having no part of it…:oP

Jan 18-25 SoR-TC-SBI

in WvW

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

Yep, the discussion came up for SBI to just take a break for a week and drop down. But, the PUGs are having no part of it…:oP

The difference between 6th and 7th place is much smaller than expected.

http://mos.millenium.org/matchups#NA

Jan 18-25 SoR-TC-SBI

in WvW

Posted by: Envi.2460

Envi.2460

the scores were added wrong on the site, look on maguumas forum page they have about 100k less then is reported on teh millenium site, so they have much less ranking

Noba/Envi/Ryuoko/Seiya Murasame
Sanctum of Rall Currently guildless sniffle

(edited by Envi.2460)

Jan 18-25 SoR-TC-SBI

in WvW

Posted by: Fey.9036

Fey.9036

Since we’ve not had one of these ina while.. Score update.

Haha, we own a tent…one kitten tent

if we got a few more we could block of a tower or keep entrance…

Fey – Dark Covenant [DC] on SBI

Jan 18-25 SoR-TC-SBI

in WvW

Posted by: TheDevilWithinU.7092

TheDevilWithinU.7092

the scores were added wrong on the site, look on maguumas forum page they have about 100k less then is reported on teh millenium site, so they have much less ranking

This is correct! Same match-up will be occuring this upcoming week.

| Maguuma | [KEK] | GvG Relic & Historian |
Notorious Nevermore – Guardian

Jan 18-25 SoR-TC-SBI

in WvW

Posted by: Maladon.5760

Maladon.5760

Since we’ve not had one of these ina while.. Score update.

Haha, we own a tent…one kitten tent

if we got a few more we could block of a tower or keep entrance…

Or maybe just a house..

Attachments:

Malzarius – Guardian
Malzerius – Thief
Dark Covenant (SBI)

Jan 18-25 SoR-TC-SBI

in WvW

Posted by: Envi.2460

Envi.2460

Tarnished coast will be blue! but other then that, the same. =p

Noba/Envi/Ryuoko/Seiya Murasame
Sanctum of Rall Currently guildless sniffle

Jan 18-25 SoR-TC-SBI

in WvW

Posted by: Ethan Mccloud.3218

Ethan Mccloud.3218

Gwen here on what may be a last update.
(not sure yet)

Just wanted to thank all of SOR for some pretty decent matches. Hope yall continue to grow an become stronger daily cause after all , Thats what WvW is mostly about. Making a Case to strive for the top position should be everyones goal in this Game. Tier one all the way down to the basement.. if your not fighting the good fight to advance your team/guild/server… then you just might be taking up a valuable spot from someone else who will.

I’ve spent many hours/days fighting that good fight and for a time now have grown dishearten. 2000 plus badges/2 armour invaders sets an trinkets plus enough achievements to choke a yak an with each passing day .. the scenery is still the same .
Zerg this /arrowcart placment here , take camp …retake camp. meteor shower treb , build cata, defend cata, capture tower, defend tower , lose tower , retake supply camp, retake tower , zerg left , zerg right , zerg off the cliff , grab supply , destroy cannon , destroy oil , cuss the guy/girl using up all your supplies , chase thiefs, avoid glass cannons, get surprised by latest glitch, 1v1,1v10,1v50,kill that yak, avoid jp due to campers. Many can relate to this an for those who can’t , i pray that feb brings somthing different. I’m just so burnt out over the grind .

SBI , really wish i could of seen the team that wreck an rolled Tier one .. im sure it would of been a joy to see . Heart goes out to ya , and im proud of the many who stayed strong thought the whole ordeal. You that remained have my respect (for what its worth ).

For Sor . I never once complained about your numbers , i on the flipside of that coin was very impressed by your hiring skills. The Military Could learn a thing or two from ya on that. You Came , You saw , You grew , And you now have the tools an people that will take you the next level .. Who could really be angry by that . Thats the whole point of WVW . Working your way to a dominate position and fighting like kitten to hold it. anyone who thinks dif is kidding themselves.(or maybe ive lost touch).

For My Brothers an Sisters of Tarnish COast, My Pirates an my Zombies ..
i’ve had the pleasure of being apart of one of the coolest servers ever to exist in the history of mankind (My opinion so give me a break) I watched Us grow from begining to now .. RP is never been more alive an the talents that we have working around the clock in these 4 wvw maps just impresses the Kitten out of me. cept for the ocasional outburst of discontent(and believe me i feel that from time to time as well). I’ve ran with every group imagine .. chased behind every commander that brandish that shiny Blue dorita an and rumplestomp every yak thats been eyeing me way to much. You guys an girls have continued to be that Awesome TOAST i respect overall .

Good luck to all

Gwen out…..

Gwen
Tarnish Coast Defender
Proud Member OF “TSF” The Shining Force.

Jan 18-25 SoR-TC-SBI

in WvW

Posted by: kuora.5402

kuora.5402

Good fights throughout the whole week SBI and TC. It looks like we’ll have another week together, so let’s all make it as enjoyable as possible, because that’s all we want in WvW.

¸ . ø ¤ º ° º ¤ ø . ¸ ¸ . ø ¤ º ° º ¤ ø . ¸
[Aia] Amoria- The guild of pleasant love
¸ . ø ¤ º ° º ¤ ø . ¸ ¸ . ø ¤ º ° º ¤ ø . ¸

Jan 18-25 SoR-TC-SBI

in WvW

Posted by: TigerDragon.4037

TigerDragon.4037

I look forward to giving more easy badges to TC and SoR this coming week!

Sinking ships in WvW on SBI with pride.
Plastered Tyrian Sea Devils [PTSD]
Agadar.4931: A bad mesmer still poops clones like no tomorrow.

Jan 18-25 SoR-TC-SBI

in WvW

Posted by: Ascii.9726

Ascii.9726

Score update from Sanctum of Rall’s top secret kitten room of fun and happiness.

Attachments:

Rank 580+ Necromancer WvW Stream
Commander Ascii :: Tempest Wolves [TW] :: Sanctum of Rall :: Best Necromancer NA

Jan 18-25 SoR-TC-SBI

in WvW

Posted by: Obsidian.1328

Obsidian.1328

1 hour ’till the fun starts, folks!!

Obsidian Sky – SoR
I troll because I care