Jan 25 - Feb 1 2013 | SoS & JQ & BG

in WvW

Posted by: AdliBot.4718

AdliBot.4718

Had a blast losing sunny at SoS BL just now, then taking it back, very good fight JQ.

in WvW

Posted by: Mance.5640

Mance.5640

I am allowed to keep my super elite fighting force of a guild out of BG BL’s to try to skew the results, I think I shall do so. More so as 10gp is alot of money to someone with 12gp!

The reality is, that if BG just 2v1’d SoS in EB the rest of the week, only on one map even, I’d be 10gp richer. No real BG’er should be able to resist saying they were the server who kicked SoS back to T2.

Also, anyone know more about the rumblings that some key SoS Oceanic/Sea guilds are transferring to TC to fight against Warmachine?

Mance Khan – Shadow Gypsies – Jade Quarry
“a friend of death, a brother of luck, and a s.o.b.”
http://youtu.be/wpoQk2OnbJs [SG since ’99]

in WvW

Posted by: Azure Prower.8701

Azure Prower.8701

I am allowed to keep my super elite fighting force of a guild out of BG BL’s to try to skew the results, I think I shall do so. More so as 10gp is alot of money to someone with 12gp!

The reality is, that if BG just 2v1’d SoS in EB the rest of the week, only on one map even, I’d be 10gp richer. No real BG’er should be able to resist saying they were the server who kicked SoS back to T2.

Also, anyone know more about the rumblings that some key SoS Oceanic/Sea guilds are transferring to TC to fight against Warmachine?

So… You’re asking for BG’s help?

in WvW

Posted by: MatthewCam.4391

MatthewCam.4391

Nothing is more meaningless in GW2 than winning in WvW.

The day that WvW stops being fun is the day you’ll stop playing the game. I would lose every week if it meant having epic battles. Those are the real experiences.

Before you argue that epic battles are the result of people’s desire to win; think again.

Some though do equate fun with winning. They enjoy it and all the perks (perks being used pretty much subjectively) that comes with it. That’s their choice, though I agree with you that as long as the battles are fun I don’t mind where SoS is.

Sea of Sorrows | Lt Mc Muffin
Don’t worry the games still in Beta.

in WvW

Posted by: hex.3218

hex.3218

Trying to convince folks not to attack your server with Glicko arguments is lame.

Attack us. I need more bags.

Calm Little Buddy
JQQ

in WvW

Posted by: Rawnoodles.1398

Rawnoodles.1398

Score Update!

Attachments:

Rawnoodles | Mini Noodles
[ESOL] -Elite Solidarity| Driver|
" Latest Video "

in WvW

Posted by: VOLKON.1290

VOLKON.1290

Yeah, I see what you did there with the emblem and the backpack and all that.

Strange feeling… entering a Monday with a lead. I like it.

#TeamJadeQuarry

in WvW

Posted by: Intigo.1653

Intigo.1653

Score Update!

I think you need to make sure your guild logo is in that picture a few more times.

:D

80 Asura Elementalist – [Red Guard]
http://www.youtube.com/user/IntigoGW2

in WvW

Posted by: Azure Prower.8701

Azure Prower.8701

Score Update!

I think you need to make sure your guild logo is in that picture a few more times.

This score update is brought to you by Empërium.

Attachments:

in WvW

Posted by: Jedbacca.6297

Jedbacca.6297

I think you got it right, well..I think you missed a couple spots, but it’s pretty spot on.

Minister Jed/Jedsus Saves GM of Strike Force[SF]
www.strikeforceguild.com – JQ SINCE 1836!
Guild of United Soviet Quarry www.jadequarry.com

in WvW

Posted by: Josh P.1296

Josh P.1296

Score Update!

I chuckled.
On a side note JQ just received yet another guild. Is that the 20th now?

Illucéption – Mesmer
Diamond Story – Elementalist
[TSym] Tac Sym

in WvW

Posted by: Joker.8064

Joker.8064

A Video of VoTF’s first couple of days in this match up

Been awesome fighting you guys.

[Pro] Joker
Founder of The Provoked
http://www.theprovoked.com

in WvW

hex.3218

Score Update!

I chuckled.

How is it that people know this when no one on JQ knows? I’ve seen nothing to indicate that.

Calm Little Buddy
JQQ

in WvW

Posted by: Gwendolyr.3712

Gwendolyr.3712

We tend to see guild tags on the people we’re killing rather than the people we run with?

in WvW

Posted by: zhonnika.1784

zhonnika.1784

Score Update!

Hahahaha. Needed that this Monday morning, thanks.

Kashmara – Elementalist | Reapermara – Necromancer
Jade Quarry
Onslaught [OnS]

in WvW

Posted by: moolie.5927

moolie.5927

Score Update!

Score… check.
PPT… check.

I’d call it a valid score update.

Just another careless bird.

in WvW

Posted by: Aieo.2815

Aieo.2815

JQ officially has at least 3x SoS’s SEA population on a weekday. Watch out upcoming servers to T1.

Attachments:

Sea of Sorrows > Jade Quarry > Sea of Sorrows
Effing rallybot

in WvW

Posted by: Ohai.8346

Ohai.8346

Score Update!

I chuckled.

How is it that people know this when no one on JQ knows? I’ve seen nothing to indicate that.

Go look at the servers recruit thread for an idea, and thats not counting the ones who didnt post in the thread and before the thread was created.

[FoE] Fist of the Empire
www.FistoftheEmpire.org
10x Tier 1 Champions

in WvW

moolie.5927

Score Update!

I chuckled.

Go look at the servers recruit thread for an idea, and thats not counting the ones who didnt post in the thread and before the thread was created.

You sure stalk that recruitment thread a lot. Remember, there’s still time for you to transfer over here before the patch if you don’t want to be left behind. :P

wink wink nudge nudge

in WvW

Rawnoodles.1398

Score Update!

Haha,

Well its a great way to market the guild prospects

" Latest Video "

in WvW

Rawnoodles.1398

Score Update!

Attachments:

" Latest Video "

in WvW

moolie.5927

No thanks, id rather win via skill than caving in to the JQ tactic of using numbers to hide their weakness in gaming.

I think you need to chill out and realize that beyond having a server identity, we’re all gamers of various skill levels in various groups.

But seeing how negative your attitude is in your posting history, I’m inclined to think that you might not ever get that fixed.

Guess what? It doesn’t matter. Play the game, enjoy the fight. You win some, you lose some.

in WvW

Posted by: JemL.3501

JemL.3501

Nothing is more meaningless in GW2 than winning in WvW.

The day that WvW stops being fun is the day you’ll stop playing the game. I would lose every week if it meant having epic battles. Those are the real experiences.

Before you argue that epic battles are the result of people’s desire to win; think again.

So loser’s thinking…no comments.

No thanks, id rather win via skill than caving in to the JQ tactic of using numbers to hide their weakness in gaming.

BUT SoS had a lot more people than JQ…was that ok? because if you think they were winning because they were obliterating opponents…you are delusional.

JQ officially has at least 3x SoS’s SEA population on a weekday. Watch out upcoming servers to T1.

But when SoS had 10x more than JQ, was that ok?

For me it seems the SoSs’ warriors are kinda…upset.
But dont worry it seems Blackgate will be the one going down…

I took an arrow to the knee

in WvW

Posted by: Ohai.8346

Ohai.8346

BUT SoS had a lot more people than JQ…was that ok? because if you think they were winning because they were obliterating opponents…you are delusional.

Absolutely not brother. I even posted in the JQ recruitment thread when it first went up to encourage a few guilds to go to the server saying i had much respect for them.
That has gone out the window with the recruiting overkill as they dont seem to have the sportsmanship which we do in trying to get tier 1 a level playing field.

[FoE] Fist of the Empire
www.FistoftheEmpire.org
10x Tier 1 Champions

in WvW

Rawnoodles.1398

Absolutely not brother. I even posted in the JQ recruitment thread when it first went up to encourage a few guilds to go to the server saying i had much respect for them.
That has gone out the window with the recruiting overkill as they dont seem to have the sportsmanship which we do in trying to get tier 1 a level playing field.

All your posts i’ve seen are extremely negative, malicious, and irrational.

JQ saw an opportunity to recruit and we took it. The fact is, its called Tier 1. It will contain the Best coverage, highest amount of guild numbers, and coordination If a server cannot match up, it will fall, allowing other servers with that same competitive consistency to match up.

Rather then complain and find petty excuses, take the time to really contribute to your community, rather then bash others.

" Latest Video "

in WvW

Posted by: MarMaster.6241

MarMaster.6241

Lets see now. Looking at the first time SoS won in T1, to now; SoS has won 9 of the 10 matches. And now because we are trying to even things up, it’s “bad” for wvw.
Is that an accurate summary Ohai? What did I miss?

Dragonbrand (JQ) [FIRE]bats ~ Trusted member of the Universe
Mar Steadfast G, Silent Intrigue T, Mar Fidget Engi, Mar Fierce W, Silent Awe M
In GW2 since BWE1 ~ ~ ~ Guild leader of Legio Romana [LR], too

in WvW

Posted by: Barab.9016

Barab.9016

hah hehe dude please just stop.

On another note it’s been another intense week of fighting but no where near the end. We know SoS never gives up and Blackgate are fighting for their lives.

Kurthos “When Jade Quarry awakens, they will ask themselves, when were we ever asleep?”

in WvW

Posted by: Smokee.1754

Smokee.1754

I guess the weekdays are showing JQs true massive coverage. They are sitting at +475 ppt. I know I would be bored, but I guess we are playing the game for different reasons

[HB] Herfolge Boldklub – Competitive online gaming since 2001
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLY5l_0BX0TrarJeOLpDXAFTLtiCkygRtC
Nominated “Internet tough guy” 2013 by Tarkus

in WvW

Posted by: Barab.9016

Barab.9016

Lets see now. Looking at the first time SoS won in T1, to now; SoS has won 9 of the 10 matches. And now because we are trying to even things up, it’s “bad” for wvw.

When SoS wins it’s all strategy and organization curb stomping everyone the last two months plus. When they lose it’s because of the holidays, lack of 24/7 coverage, getting 2vs1, spies, and ghost tonics

Kurthos “When Jade Quarry awakens, they will ask themselves, when were we ever asleep?”

in WvW

Posted by: MarMaster.6241

MarMaster.6241

I guess the weekdays are showing JQs true massive coverage. They are sitting at +475 ppt. I know I would be bored, but I guess we are playing the game for different reasons

I have finally been in battles with HB, and I’m still getting bits of dirt, dust, blood and other unidentifiable debris out of my armor and kit. All I saw was this license plate “HB is Here”. Well played.

Dragonbrand (JQ) [FIRE]bats ~ Trusted member of the Universe
Mar Steadfast G, Silent Intrigue T, Mar Fidget Engi, Mar Fierce W, Silent Awe M
In GW2 since BWE1 ~ ~ ~ Guild leader of Legio Romana [LR], too

in WvW

Posted by: orchid.4726

orchid.4726

I have finally been in battles with HB, and I’m still getting bits of dirt, dust, blood and other unidentifiable debris out of my armor and kit. All I saw was this license plate “HB is Here”. Well played.

Im already complaining about BG waiting queues, i would probably get a nervous breakdown if i was on JQ :p

Server : Blackgate
Guild : [HB] (www.hb-eu.com)

in WvW

Posted by: AIMonster.8236

AIMonster.8236

And all the matches SoS won in Tier 1 have been really close. How is adding 2000+ people to your server in 2 weeks evening things out? Does it look even to you? A few guilds transferring over would have evened it out, not a massive amount. BG and SoS only have a remote chance of catching up now and chances are JQ will continue this slaughter. I’m hoping SoS does get bumped down to Tier 2 and we lose some guilds to transfers so we can have a more balanced matchup there. I don’t recall SoS ever having a 25k lead on JQ by Monday.

The notion that SoS always had “more coverage” is baseless. There is absolutely no proof we ever had more coverage. SoS had ZERO EU guilds (we have 1 now). We had a massive coverage gap during EU time. We won PPT in NA (usually) and SEA time (almost always). We never (and still don’t, it’s worse now as we are outmanned on most maps) have queues on more than 1 map except during reset night. I’m pretty sure our coverage was always equal to JQ’s, we had better Oceanic coverage and you guys had better EU.

Since the end of free server transfers have been announced matches have been completely one sided on all but the bottom tiers. It’s going to take weeks (at least a month or two) for this to balance out, and by then I wonder what the WvW population will be likely when servers get sick of either completely dominating in their matchup or getting destroyed by stacked servers as they climb up to their appropriate tier.

in WvW

Posted by: ComeAndSee.1356

ComeAndSee.1356

And all the matches SoS won in Tier 1 have been really close. How is adding 2000+ people to your server in 2 weeks evening things out? Does it look even to you? A few guilds transferring over would have evened it out, not a massive amount. BG and SoS only have a remote chance of catching up now and chances are JQ will continue this slaughter. I’m hoping SoS does get bumped down to Tier 2 and we lose some guilds to transfers so we can have a more balanced matchup there. I don’t recall SoS ever having a 25k lead on JQ by Monday.

The notion that SoS always had “more coverage” is baseless. There is absolutely no proof we ever had more coverage. SoS had ZERO EU guilds (we have 1 now). We had a massive coverage gap during EU time. We won PPT in NA (usually) and SEA time (almost always). We never (and still don’t, it’s worse now as we are outmanned on most maps) have queues on more than 1 map except during reset night. I’m pretty sure our coverage was always equal to JQ’s, we had better Oceanic coverage and you guys had better EU.

Since the end of free server transfers have been announced matches have been completely one sided on all but the bottom tiers. It’s going to take weeks (at least a month or two) for this to balance out, and by then I wonder what the WvW population will be likely when servers get sick of either completely dominating in their matchup or getting destroyed by stacked servers as they climb up to their appropriate tier.

You’re missing three things.

1. They raised the server cap limit which allowed a large influx of guilds and players into Tier 1. I was on SoS (now JQ because I liked playing with PRX before they went EU) and there’s actually queues now on many of the maps. This hasn’t been the case for the last several months.

2. They are implementing paid transfers so some of the guilds that transferred to the EU went back to the USA.

3. Guilds that transferred to T1 are helping to fill the “map gaps” and they can become fire men when needed.

This weekend was an aussie holiday so there wasn’t a MERC insight and they were also pulling double shifts. They needed a break.

Sha Nari – 80 Guardian (http://bit.ly/12RNvtK)
Lorella Windrunner – 80 Thief
Shayera Nightfall – 80 Mesmer

in WvW

VOLKON.1290

There’s a flaw in your logic however. When we had less numbers we didn’t give up, we kept fighting and held our own. When there were times both servers were coincidentally attacking us from two fronts we didn’t turn tail, we dug in and fought them off, and through it all, we got better.

Now there’s more of us to go along with that.

One final point… at any point in time we can have no more people in WvW than any other server. If we’re solely relying on numbers then there should be a trend of us getting crushed when numbers are equal and only bouncing back when we have superior numbers. Yet somehow the weekend didn’t reflect this from what I see.

#TeamJadeQuarry

in WvW

Posted by: bucthree.7301

bucthree.7301

I don’t know why it’s JQ’s fault for getting new guilds.
We can’t stop people from transferring, and we definitely can’t make guilds transfer over.
Every T1 server had the same opportunity to appeal to guilds wanting to move up before the end of free transfers.

Chacha [Aco] WvW Lead
Jade Quarry
Check out our Recruitment Video

in WvW

VOLKON.1290

We can’t stop people from transferring, and we definitely can’t make guilds transfer over.
Every T1 server had the same opportunity to appeal to guilds wanting to move up before the end of free transfers.

Well, it’s obvious. We went evil and dared to recruit.

I’m glad for it to be honest. We’ve had half hour or so queues on the weekend, not back-breaking, just long enough to know you have your coverage up yet short enough to queue and do a few things before you get in.

#TeamJadeQuarry

in WvW

Jedbacca.6297

Have you ever thought that maybe some of the more hardcore guilds would like a break and not have to worry about being a main driving force of a server? Tbh, I want to do jumping puzzles on my big charr with my guild mates, run zone events, do in game content, mini dungeons, regular dungeons, make my character all pretty and stuff. I can’t count how many sleepless nights I did to myself by staying on waaay to late even after the majority of my team has logged to hold on to that extra keep because no one else is online for a turnover. Now, I feel as thought I can take that needed break at times and be more healthy about my gaming nature and be a normal human being. There’s no reason why our teams can run in rotating shifts, that’s how we have been running our team in SF.

In that sense, I can feel a lot of the normal grind burnout that a lot of these other players are feeling. I’m on JQ right now to be as supportive of the WvW community as I can, but at the same time I like having my guild aspects covered. My team has come from a very high end background in competitive gaming, well at least my core members and we have been teaching that outward to the remainder of the team to the best of our ability. I really enjoy this game and all the aspects that come with it. The vista views are a real work of art and the art department did a kitten good job on this game. I like to appreciate art, hell I draw at times as well, so I can appreciate the level of detail taken in to our computer world built for us. The musical score that was done for this game is pretty phenomenal as well. So, instead of digging in to some hypothetical drama, maybe there are more ppl than myself realizing what is available and attempting to not burn out on something they are enjoying at this junction in their lives. I know I am..

in WvW

ComeAndSee.1356

I can feel a lot of the normal grind burnout that a lot of these other players are feeling.

This is what brought down the Titan Alliance FYI.

in WvW

Posted by: Soldier.1625

Soldier.1625

I think what it comes down to is we all want to win and in doing so JQ could of stated they have enough transfers in their recruitment thread. They kept recruiting because they don’t care about being “sportsmen” it’s a game and they want to win. It’s very unfortunate that JQ now outnumbers both servers majority of the time now. Would of been a rare sight to see a server direct these larger guilds to their “enemies server”. However I blame mostly Anet for allowing the possibility of servers using blackouts in order to exploit the transfers on a full server. JQ isn’t the only one to blame here but clearly they used this mechanic more.

X Jackal X – 80 Warrior| FaTe – Hand Of Fate http://www.hand-of-fate.net
SoS Commander (SoS since BW1)

in WvW

Posted by: Nuked.2360

Nuked.2360

Correct we approached guilds just like every other server out there but we had a plan in mind before approaching them. We presented them with a current lay out of how both WvW, PvE and all aspects of the game were and we also let them know the type of community we were a part of. To put it simply we had a community and people wanted to be a part of something that had maintained and stayed strong despite the hardships (anyone who knows JQ knows what we’ve went through and knows we persevered through some tough times). Something that set’s our server apart from everyone? Every server has their little rallying cry but we felt we were a step ahead of the rest because some of the thing’s people desired in the server’s they were on we already had. And most importantly when we were recruiting WE focused on what would make the community better as a whole. We recruited PvE and PvX guilds alike. We didn’t single out one guild or group because hey it might make our PPT better. We recruited people to the server because a well rounded community lasts. WvW based one’s while fun won’t last nearly as long.

Destructive Nuked|ascending-redemption.enjin.com|AR Driver/Leader

in WvW

Posted by: Raztlin.7964

Raztlin.7964

I can feel a lot of the normal grind burnout that a lot of these other players are feeling.

I think what he was originally saying it’s nice to be able to enjoy the game and not burn himself out on trying to handle everything in wvw as a guild. It’s allowing us to enjoy other aspects of the game we normally haven’t been able to enjoy when we were on low population servers.

in WvW

VOLKON.1290

That, and facing JQ.

#TeamJadeQuarry

in WvW

ComeAndSee.1356

I think what he was originally saying it’s nice to be able to enjoy the game and not burn himself out on trying to handle everything in wvw as a guild. It’s allowing us to enjoy other aspects of the game we normally haven’t been able to enjoy when we were on low population servers.

Well, that’s the reason why I choose to freelance atm because of my schedule and or my mood. Being in a hardcore WvW guild is basically like being in a WoW raiding guild.

in WvW

ComeAndSee.1356

That, and facing JQ.

It was the leadership that left, not the players. Attendance issues were becoming problematic so instead of losing face by getting a defeat after their flawless record they decided to leave.

in WvW

Posted by: hoschi.8693

hoschi.8693

Especially if you look at the history of SF when we had that job on SBI, which was a massive burn-out waiting to happen for us.

And since someone mentioned it a few pages ago, we actually DID do research on which server to join, and when I first got that ingame mail from JQ, I had almost clicked the “return to sender” button. (i didn’t like the cookie flavor attached…)

Research and talks with different server communities basically made JQ the best choice for us.

And look now. Jed can do PvE. Who would’ve thought that… haha

Saint of Destruction of the Holy Church of Jedsus Chris of Saturday Feints
Strike Force [SF]

in WvW

Posted by: Mance.5640

Mance.5640

So… You’re asking for BG’s help?[/quote]

Duh? I want my gold.

Good luck to everyone this week! Especially BG!

Mance Khan – Shadow Gypsies – Jade Quarry
“a friend of death, a brother of luck, and a s.o.b.”
http://youtu.be/wpoQk2OnbJs [SG since ’99]

in WvW

Posted by: HolyMolla.6582

HolyMolla.6582

We all know bunch of guilds went to JQ after PRX announced they gonna head to JQ a week ago.

in WvW

Jedbacca.6297

All of the SBI guilds would follow PrX why? No offense Clem, I still love ya :P

in WvW

Posted by: Blade.9317

Blade.9317

Score update brought to you by Feisty:

Attachments:

[ICoa] Feisty Brat, Mesmer
Blackgate

in WvW

hex.3218

Everyone had the same opportunity to recruit the guilds we got. Did SoS send guilds to BG or SoR in the interest of the game?

Neither did we.

Same rules for everyone. Should have done more and better recruiting instead of wasting time on here blaming other people’s success for your failures.

Calm Little Buddy
JQQ