Jan 25-Feb 1 | SBI, TC, SoR

in WvW

Posted by: DemonCow.5328

DemonCow.5328

There is no server thats made it further than T3 on their own including TC.

I’d like to hear what transfers TC got to get them from T3 to T2. TC was always one of the hardest, if not the hardest, server to get in to due to being full, and we didn’t gain any guilds that suddenly changed us from a T3 to a T2 server. Unless you have an example to prove me wrong (which is possible), I’d really appreciate it if you didn’t try to write our server’s history for us.

We’ve gotten our fair share of transfers since we’ve gotten to tier 2, but we didn’t have a whole lot of help getting into tier 2 in the first place. We definitely have more WvW guilds now, and more people, but it’s nothing compared to the difference SoR has had in the last month or so (and I’m perfectly fine with the people we have, I don’t want to sacrifice the community we’ve built in order to progress up the ladder – no implications meant toward anyone here, just saying the we don’t want to win at all costs).

I’m also not complaining about the fact that SoR has more people, there are just some posts in here about them being all high and mighty at the top of tier 2, and in reality, we’re just not that impressed. They are able to swarm everything, and it seems like the answer to any problem they encounter is just keep getting more people until it’s enough since we’ve been forced to learn how to counter the tactics and organization they beat us with when we first got here.

^ Honestly some of the posts just make me wonder if I’m in T3 all of a sudden, as a part of a certain arch rival server of ours!

I don’t think many of these were even in W3 or on TC when we faced BG/SoR during Orb era. This “spawn camping” is nothing compared to what happened back then. Most of us got tougher after being camped for not an hour, but days! So yeah…

There should be WvWvW history classes lol!

So for those in despair, “Why do we fall?… So we can learn to pick ourselves up!”

I never thought anyone would make me miss seeing Fort Aspenwood. But yeah, I’m not an original TCer, but I was already here for both the Blackgate and the SoR matches before, and you’re right, we’ve seen worse and it’s never stopped us before.

[TI] Taking Initiative- Tarnished Coast
Guild Leader
takinginitiative.enjin.com

in WvW

Posted by: Tallis.5607

Tallis.5607

we all find the fairly even, competitive match-ups to be really fun, and you guys ruined that, then held back in tier 2 at the end of last week to avoid trying to move up to tier 1

^

I never heard anyone complain too much about SoR until you gamed the ranking system so hard that everyone is wondering why Anet doesn’t punish you for this abuse of the rankings.

But you got away with it, so not much else we can say.

The spawn camping doesn’t help your popularity, ofcourse: even though we have seen much worse, it always feels wrong.

Tallis – Perpetual newbie – Tarnished Coast.
Always carries a towel – Never panics – Eats cookies.

(edited by Tallis.5607)

in WvW

Posted by: Vodka.3958

Vodka.3958

Really glad to see Geisch’s server moving up to T1. If you think Blackgate had good coverage when we were in T2 then you’ll be mind-kittened when you see the new JQ. They recently got a huge amount of foreign transfers on both Euro and Asian times. If Blackgate were to fall to T2 then hope TC is ready for us and possibly Kaineng? Who would have thought lol…

Commander [ICoa] Hollywood Fiend
Primal Emperor of Imperial Coalition
imperialcoalition.enjin.com

in WvW

Tallis.5607

Bravo [FEAR], you have to glitch into Veloka in order to maintain your overwhelming victory this week as well. Here is your round of applause…

Please report all evidence of cheating to ANET. However, I know you have none for the instance you have mentioned.

Got a vid, would anyone else like me to post it?

Sure. I hate cheaters, even when there are isolated incidents on my own server. I only seen SoR cheat once (where a mesmer jumped up a tower while a whole zerg was outside, but only 5 people took the portal up, the rest of the zerg was so honest to kep ramming the gate) so I wouldn’t accuse them of cheating easily.

in WvW

Tallis.5607

Really glad to see Geisch’s server moving up to T1. If you think Blackgate had good coverage when we were in T2 then you’ll be mind-kittened when you see the new JQ. They recently got a huge amount of foreign transfers on both Euro and Asian times. If Blackgate were to fall to T2 then hope TC is ready for us and possibly Kaineng? Who would have thought lol…

Lot is still to be decided for T2.

Either Kaineg or FA will move up to T2, they are only a few ranking score apart now.

And either SoS or BG will move down to T2, that is also very, very close.

Either way, next week will be the first week after these crazy tranfer changes, so maybe fights will be more balanced then.

in WvW

Posted by: kuora.5402

kuora.5402

Current situation of EB’s TC spawn:

http://i.imgur.com/ciownib.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/G0eEEjy.jpg

Attachments:

¸ . ø ¤ º ° º ¤ ø . ¸ ¸ . ø ¤ º ° º ¤ ø . ¸
[Aia] Amoria- The guild of pleasant love

in WvW

Posted by: The Mexican Cookie.3690

The Mexican Cookie.3690

EDIT:

Another picture I took that I really liked. Saved as a .bmp so I can’t upload it directly to the GW2 forum: http://i.imgur.com/FVa49fd.jpg

Attachments:

#LoveArrows2013, never forget.

(edited by The Mexican Cookie.3690)

in WvW

Posted by: Ascii.9726

Ascii.9726

And a score update to go with that…

Attachments:

Rank 580+ Necromancer WvW Stream
Commander Ascii :: Tempest Wolves [TW] :: Sanctum of Rall :: Best Necromancer NA

in WvW

Posted by: Aurust.8961

Aurust.8961

A better view from a fully upgraded TC valley keep with a waypoint….. Just wondering if this is us being patronizing or condescending?

Attachments:

Master- [DKLT] The Darkness and The Light
JQ WvW

in WvW

kuora.5402

A better view from a fully upgraded TC valley keep with a waypoint….. Just wondering if this is us being patronizing or condescending?

Attachments:

in WvW

Posted by: Durakone.5237

Durakone.5237

And a score update to go with that…

Teurrible night for TC! But I had a blast dueling 1v1 with CDS and some other folks. Thanks again for being good sports (and for facilitating the punishment of the bad sports)

Got my very own audience. Felt like Dwhitammid Ali

Attachments:

Dwhite Dynamite of the TC

in WvW

Posted by: Majik.8521

Majik.8521

lol really? spawn camping is one thing. which i personally have no problem with as nobody is forcing anyone to go out there.

but then you come here gloating about being able to spawn camp someone when you outnumber them 20 to 1?

isn’t this the same kind of chest thumpen you guys were bad mouthing BG about?

the action itself doesn’t bother me, but really don’t care much for hypocrisy.

Wisdom is the reward for surviving our own stupidity.

in WvW

Posted by: Ascii.9726

Ascii.9726

Score update @ 1PM GMT

Attachments:

Rank 580+ Necromancer WvW Stream
Commander Ascii :: Tempest Wolves [TW] :: Sanctum of Rall :: Best Necromancer NA

(edited by Ascii.9726)

in WvW

kuora.5402

lol really? spawn camping is one thing. which i personally have no problem with as nobody is forcing anyone to go out there.

but then you come here gloating about being able to spawn camp someone when you outnumber them 20 to 1?

Well that escalated quickly.

snip

Hey! I was the asura CDS ele you dueled! Good fight :]

Attachments:

in WvW

kuora.5402

Score update inside TC spawn this time ;

Attachments:

in WvW

Posted by: Koralz.3970

Koralz.3970

Just wanted to point out, the 20 to 1 pic looks like its next to a tower, not spawn. The “random zerg vs the random guy in wrong place at wrong time” thing isn’t really unique.

That said with the sieges, i think after the fifteenth flame ram people would get its joke… I mean come, on people were attacking legendary defenders with siege golems.

(edited by Koralz.3970)

in WvW

Posted by: Kerithlan.1659

Kerithlan.1659

That chat log. Is that really how you guys feel about us SoR?

No, some of our more casual players and some of our transfers haven’t gotten into the swing of how we do things yet.

Most of us are upset that you gamed the system last week, but at this point it’s more a matter of not wanting to deal with how tedious playing against you has become than it is any sort of malice.

It’s a different story with a second server our size or larger in the mix as it gives us more options, but when it’s basically two servers with comparatively no presence — and the bigger server mocking us on the forum — then it just isn’t fun.

Look, understand that I don’t mind losing when we’re outnumbered. That isn’t the problem, and you’ll note that the majority of folks on TC didn’t complain against BG. The problem is the attitude we’re being given by an ungracious winner. You’re training on us? You’re begging us to come out so we can train your recruits? Do you not see how that is insulting? People bragging about a scoreboard is fine because at least that’s something we all expect to see and something we know is going to happen. This nonsense SoR has been posting isn’t fine.

If you guys were being cool about it then we’d probably have no problem. It really boils down to that. You should be ashamed of yourselves for treating us this way. It has nothing to do with it being a game and everything to do with being decent people. You were decent people until you were in power — what happened to you guys?

It’s just too much effort to care too much about anything this week when we have to deal with this sort of nonsense. We’re still going to play but don’t expect us to put up with your crap.

Fosthe — Sylvari Elementalist
Men of Science [MoS] – Tarnished Coast

in WvW

Posted by: ykyk.2740

ykyk.2740

Woah, like 8 screenshots of score pies and spawn camping in 2 hours! We going for some world record here!

in WvW

kuora.5402

No, some of our more casual players and some of our transfers haven’t gotten into the swing of how we do things yet.

Most of us are upset that you gamed the system last week, but at this point it’s more a matter of not wanting to deal with how tedious playing against you has become than it is any sort of malice.

It’s a different story with a second server our size or larger in the mix as it gives us more options, but when it’s basically two servers with comparatively no presence — and the bigger server mocking us on the forum — then it just isn’t fun.

Look, understand that I don’t mind losing when we’re outnumbered. That isn’t the problem, and you’ll note that the majority of folks on TC didn’t complain against BG. The problem is the attitude we’re being given by an ungracious winner. You’re training on us? You’re begging us to come out so we can train your recruits? Do you not see how that is insulting? People bragging about a scoreboard is fine because at least that’s something we all expect to see and something we know is going to happen. This nonsense SoR has been posting isn’t fine.

If you guys were being cool about it then we’d probably have no problem. It really boils down to that. You should be ashamed of yourselves for treating us this way. It has nothing to do with it being a game and everything to do with being decent people. You were decent people until you were in power — what happened to you guys?

It’s just too much effort to care too much about anything this week when we have to deal with this sort of nonsense. We’re still going to play but don’t expect us to put up with your crap.

Training on TC with our recruits? Quote me a post where one of our guild leaders said this. We did say that we need to get used to all the mass influx, getting to know each other and getting ready for our first step into T1, and we need a bit more time for that. I don’t see how that is insulting.

in WvW

Posted by: Iohanna.4863

Iohanna.4863

Personally I’d say shake it off. People like dominating, and they like letting everyone know they’re dominating. I doubt we could resist being pretentious if we were in their shoes.

in WvW

Posted by: FXLEACH.9436

FXLEACH.9436

Here is the quote RE: Training on TC

The only flack SoR deserves is for the patronizing and lecturing its members are directing towards its opponents that its members think is appropriate in this lopsided match up.

And gaming the system to intentionally remain in T2 for an additional week (this week).

Fun fun fun?

Yup, we should all get banned for training our new members and getting to know the new guys in SoR, getting ready for T1, although having any T1 server in our place wouldn’t change a thing. Totally.

Personally I’d say shake it off. People like dominating, and they like letting everyone know they’re dominating. I doubt we could resist being pretentious if we were in their shoes.

You’re suggesting SoR are pretentious and showing doubt in TC in the same sentence? Maybe that’s a good thing, maybe it’s not…

(edited by FXLEACH.9436)

in WvW

Posted by: Shrouded.6450

Shrouded.6450

Another thing is that you guys keep warning Blackgate being this “graceless” winner, but from what I can tell, you guys are a lot worse. Baiting an already frustrated opponent, who has to deal with your numbers for a whole week? Seriously, gimme Blackgate any day….

In fairness, TC really needs to get it together. This whole mess in tier 2 is going to take awhile and most of you will go insane if you don’t calm down. Seriously, chill…

in WvW

kuora.5402

The only flack SoR deserves is for the patronizing and lecturing its members are directing towards its opponents that its members think is appropriate in this lopsided match up.

And gaming the system to intentionally remain in T2 for an additional week (this week).

Fun fun fun?

Yup, we should all get banned for training our new members and getting to know the new guys in SoR, getting ready for T1, although having any T1 server in our place wouldn’t change a thing. Totally.

If you’re planning to quote me on that, we ‘trained’ our newer members by telling them via voice comm about what tactics we use, which guilds excel at which stuff… etc.

in WvW

Posted by: etrigan.4213

etrigan.4213

I like how TC has given a superior attitude to servers they have beat in the past, but now that they get it….not so fun.

Nox – Fort Aspenwood
I AM BEST!

in WvW

Shrouded.6450

Wasn’t as bad when Blackgate was here in my opinion..

in WvW

kuora.5402

Another thing is that you guys keep warning Blackgate being this “graceless” winner, but from what I can tell, you guys are a lot worse. Baiting an already frustrated opponent, who has to deal with your numbers for a whole week? Seriously, gimme Blackgate any day….

In fairness, TC really needs to get it together. This whole mess in tier 2 is going to take awhile and most of you will go insane if you don’t calm down. Seriously, chill…

From what I see, and with no offence; you guys will be the new ‘punchbag’ server where one of the 4 T1 servers fall to T2 and roflpwns everyone’s kitten especially with paid transfers.

in WvW

Shrouded.6450

I like how TC has given a superior attitude to servers they have beat in the past, but now that they get it….not so fun.

LOL Called that with my guildmate. He owes me a silver in game..

in WvW

Posted by: ykyk.2740

ykyk.2740

Now other servers who lost to us come in to join the fun! It’s like a party in here this week. Except not really =(

in WvW

Shrouded.6450

From what I see, and with no offence; you guys will be the new ‘punchbag’ server where one of the 4 T1 servers fall to T2 and roflpwns everyone’s kitten especially with paid transfers.

Oyea, that’s something we’re aware of already. That’s why we need to calm down too. Don’t forget the superservers below our tier.

in WvW

Posted by: Iohanna.4863

Iohanna.4863

You’re suggesting SoR are pretentious and showing doubt in TC in the same sentence? Maybe that’s a good thing, maybe it’s not…

More importantly I’m saying that SoR has demonstrated far more maturity on the forums than certain members of TC for these past two weeks – who have become increasingly sensitive to any remark from SoR.

in WvW

FXLEACH.9436

Fun fun fun?

If you’re planning to quote me on that, we ‘trained’ our newer members by telling them via voice comm about what tactics we use, which guilds excel at which stuff… etc.

The irony is not lost on me that the zergiest server in T2 needs an entire week to explain to people via voice comm that what they have to do is follow the commander, press ‘f’ on a portal, press ‘1’ when near enemies, and remember to remind yourselves that you’re the best up-and-coming server with the greatest commanders and tactics.

It’s painful to see the SoR name being dragged through the mud due to the decisions/actions a few commanders and guilds have made.

in WvW

FXLEACH.9436

More importantly I’m saying that SoR has demonstrated far more maturity on the forums than certain members of TC for these past two weeks – who have become increasingly sensitive to any remark from SoR.

You should probably just take it up directly with them and be as clear as possible.

in WvW

kuora.5402

Fun fun fun?

The irony is not lost on me that the zergiest server in T2 needs an entire week to explain to people via voice comm that what they have to do is follow the commander, press ‘f’ on a portal, press ‘1’ when near enemies, and remember to remind yourselves that you’re the best up-and-coming server with the greatest commanders and tactics.

It’s painful to see the SoR name being dragged through the mud due to the decisions/actions a few commanders and guilds have made.

Only if it was that simple. I’m a commander myself, and trust me it’s not that easy. It only took one meeting to do that, a lot of our new tranfers have excellent attitude, they are a friendly, willing to talk and commuitcate people.

The last quote you made is only made by minority in your server. So we could not care enough.

in WvW

Posted by: iCryptik.1496

iCryptik.1496

Ahoy mateys and landlubbers, fear not fellow Coaster’s for in all ’da things, this week shall soon be past.

We be not a downtrodden crew, but take heart! Be sturdy and steadfast as ‘da dolyak, and for in ’da darkest o’ times, we will complete our mission, we be takin back o’ keeps, and we be singin’ o’ ‘da glory o’ ‘da martyrs and all ’dat be dyin’ for ’da cause!

For ‘da SoR on SBI and SoR BL last night, it be a fun night we be havin’ ‘wit ye. Since ’dis be o’ by week for many o’ our members, last night be ‘da first taste o’ ‘da TSL Hammer Train. Watch out lubbers, ’da hammer train be o commin’.

Alshazzär
Tarnished Coast [TC]

in WvW

Posted by: capuchinseven.8395

capuchinseven.8395

SoR gamed the system, it has nothing to do with winning or losing.

T1 servers want SoR in T1, SoR should be in T1 and some on SoR gamed the system.

The bravest animal in the land is Captain Beaky and his band.

in WvW

Posted by: Chaosbroker.3860

Chaosbroker.3860

Well by this point pretty much anything anyone from SoR says will be ripped apart, put back together out of context and used to prove whichever high minded point of view the poster feels like today. Something like “I like Pie” could be used to demonstrate SoR’s flagrant ostracism of Hot Dog lovers or their Vendetta against the humble Sausage Roll. Kind of over even checking up on what’s going on given what this thread’s turned into.

Callo Merlose – Revenant
Envy – Fort Aspenwood
“Believe in yourself … because the rest of us think you’re an idiot”

in WvW

FXLEACH.9436

Well by this point pretty much anything anyone from SoR says will be ripped apart, put back together out of context and used to prove whichever high minded point of view the poster feels like today. Something like “I like Pie” could be used to demonstrate SoR’s flagrant ostracism of Hot Dog lovers or their Vendetta against the humble Sausage Roll. Kind of over even checking up on what’s going on given what this thread’s turned into.

Just in case you missed it, this is what is going on (and I’ll have another update in 25 minutes just in case anything change!):

Attachments:

in WvW

Posted by: Burl.9567

Burl.9567

T1 servers want SoR in T1, SoR should be in T1 and some on SoR gamed the system.

You wouldn’t be faring any better if BG was in T2 this week anyways. I don’t get why you folks keep railing on this. Without that third competitive server (sorry SBI), you were going to get beat this week if it was SoR or BG. Drop the act already on this.

in WvW

Posted by: capuchinseven.8395

capuchinseven.8395

You wouldn’t be faring any better if BG was in T2 this week anyways. I don’t get why you folks keep railing on this. Without that third competitive server (sorry SBI), you were going to get beat this week if it was SoR or BG. Drop the act already on this.

Please note the part where I said, it has nothing to do with winning or losing.

Drop the act where you pretend that gaming the system shouldn’t make a server gain justified hate.

The bravest animal in the land is Captain Beaky and his band.

(edited by capuchinseven.8395)

in WvW

Posted by: Chaosbroker.3860

Chaosbroker.3860

Just in case you missed it, this is what is going on (and I’ll have another update in 25 minutes just in case anything change!):

Well I suppose I should thank you for proving me right, but there’s no need for the passive-aggressive sarcasm. I’m well aware of the score imbalance but “what’s going on” is allowed to mean more than “what’s the score” now … or so I hear. My source on this is unreliable so I’ll have to get back to you on that.

Callo Merlose – Revenant
Envy – Fort Aspenwood
“Believe in yourself … because the rest of us think you’re an idiot”

in WvW

Kerithlan.1659

Why did this require your major guilds to play vacation day and intentionally throw last week’s match? That’s the problem. All of this rating gaming is dishonest, and it’s even more dishonest to deny it. A trial by fire in T1 would have helped you way more than whatever it is you’re doing this week if training was your goal.

Also from last week:

For the record, I would pick BG keeping us at 45 PPT for 2 weeks and learn something rather than an inflated server with an even more inflated ego that refuses to bring the hurt out of cowardice.

For the record, we’re ticking at +545 right now and have control of your entire BL. That’s with about 25% of our active population in WvW. Most of our regulars are doing fractals/dungeons or leveling alts.

Two days ago you were ticking at +405 against the same force, what happened?

I’ll tell you what’s happening, you guys are quitting. A lot of the SoR commanders are patronizing you because we want a decent fight to help workout our inter guild coordination. Unfortunately outside of PiNK and AL, you’re all quitting.

You don’t want to be patronized, get back in WvW and give us a decent fight.

First of all, welcome to SoR to the new guild arrivals. We are hoping to see the remaining Oceanic and Asian transfers here shortly.

I am going to post this information, because I am honestly not all that impressed with the performance I have seen from the influx of transfers (it’s my opinion, take it for what it is). This is what I feel should be the focus of SoR over the coming two weeks. I also believe that all guilds serious about being contenders in WvW should direct their focus toward these ideas.

1st. Use this time before the next reset to acquire the needed gear that will make your forces the most effective i.e. level 80 exotics, ascended gear, and so forth.

2nd. Use this time to create strategies for team composition, set and learn individual and group roles in team composition, and balance team composition to make you the most effective fighting force you can be.

3rd. Establish rules of engagement for fighting e.g. not over extending and executing orders quickly.

4th. Have fun training.

The following two weeklong battles should be dedicated to completing the previously mentioned tasks. At this point in time, we are not ready to contend with Tier 1. Once we feel that these tasks have sufficiently been implemented and executed, our forces will amass and take us directly to Tier 1.

Good luck, Good fights, and have fun

You laid out your game plan pretty clearly. Even if you aren’t posting about it often, it’s fairly obvious that it is what it is. There’s two reasons why you’ve chosen the actions that you have, and they’re incredibly transparent.

1. You are afraid of how well you’ll do in T1, and so you are delaying it at the expense of your opponents.
2. You were afraid of your new transfers getting cold feet while free transfers were still open, and so you’ve held yourselves back for a week just in case things go sour.

I understand both of those fears and I don’t have a problem with either. What I have a problem with is the dishonesty and patronization, the fact that many of your bigger guilds are jeering and taunting at us, and the fact that you’ve tried to turn it around and pin it on us and denied that you’ve done anything at all.

I get it, both sides are at fault here and I get it, both sides need to chill out. The issue is not and never will be being outnumbered, it is not and never will be scoreboard posturing, and it is not and never will be losing a match by such a large margin.

The problem is when you guys have the gall to toy with us and tell us first that you’re not, then that it’s for our own good, and finally that we’re not doing our part to train your troops, in that order.

And at the FA guy: we made efforts to push out of the tier as soon as we could. We didn’t delay ourselves for a couple of weeks. We also didn’t have direct control over it like SoR does, and we only did move up when IoJ began to fall apart. Despite being bigger we actually had a match-up where FA would beat us in ppt and was able to hold their own territory most of the time. You have no idea what you’re talking about.

in WvW

Posted by: Mishi.7058

Mishi.7058

Last week SoR repeatedly exploited culling to defeat TC’s zerg. They would all run away until their models unloaded, then all rush back together dropping everyone before they even appeared on our screens. They would constantly drop portal bombs on us. Yes, their coordination should be applauded, but if these are the kind of pathetic ‘strategies’ needed to stay competitive then I sincerely hope that TC drops back down the league tables so that we can actually get a fair fight.

I guess strategic retreats, fake retreating, circling around, flanking, portaling, and such is in no way any form of tactics?

If you whine about someone abusing culling, you should realize no one is abusing it, and servers will still use their tactics once ANet fixes culling.

If your server has people chasing a group of enemies, and gets surrounded because you didn’t see the rest of the enemies it’s not them abusing culling. If you get flanked its not abusing culling, if people fake retreat and wait for the enemy to give chase, so they get spread out in a “train” to get killed, its not abusing culling. The list goes on an on.

Especially when all sides are effected by the culling, not 1, not 2, but all 3.

Commander Silvannas
“Invincibility lies in the defence; the possibility of victory in the attack.” Sun Tzu

in WvW

kuora.5402

Drop the act where you pretend that gaming the system shouldn’t make a server gain justified hate.

We didn’t ‘game the system’ to stay in T2. We logged out for a bit for the people who wanted to come to our server instead of yours could get in.

in WvW

FXLEACH.9436

Well I suppose I should thank you for proving me right, but there’s no need for the passive-aggressive sarcasm. I’m well aware of the score imbalance but “what’s going on” is allowed to mean more than “what’s the score” now … or so I hear. My source on this is unreliable so I’ll have to get back to you on that.

Sadly I was trying to point out that the score (and yes it is tremendous in more ways than one) hasn’t really changed all that much recently.

The last note-worthy wub wub experience I was involved in was earlier today in SBI defending Hills from the SoR armies. It was going pretty well for us until they managed to get a portal bomb inside the lord’s room, and that basically almost broke my computer (everything started going super, super slow and no skills worked – i wonder if it’s the same for the people attacking? I am honestly unsure, never been in a portal bomb/army that large). So that was that.

Recently what I have noticed is the very fast reaction times SoR have, and the sense that they are ‘everywhere’ at once. It makes for an exciting time in wub wub (even though you know that eventually the zerg will roll you :p)

in WvW

Posted by: Burl.9567

Burl.9567

There was no “gaming the system”. Keep thinking that. There was no upper command meeting where we all discussed how to get the rating close but stay in tier 2. We wanted to get transfers in, most people didn’t bother logging in to help this along. We had numerous blackouts that allowed both TC and SBI to gain ground again in the PPT. Had we known ANet was going to place every server at “Very High” on Thursday(?) we would have kept playing at full capacity.

Stop with the vile hate already. It’s getting really old.

in WvW

Posted by: TheDevilWithinU.7092

TheDevilWithinU.7092

Sadly I was trying to point out that the score (and yes it is tremendous in more ways than one) hasn’t really changed all that much recently.

The last note-worthy wub wub experience I was involved in was earlier today in SBI defending Hills from the SoR armies. It was going pretty well for us until they managed to get a portal bomb inside the lord’s room, and that basically almost broke my computer (everything started going super, super slow and no skills worked – i wonder if it’s the same for the people attacking? I am honestly unsure, never been in a portal bomb/army that large). So that was that.

Recently what I have noticed is the very fast reaction times SoR have, and the sense that they are ‘everywhere’ at once. It makes for an exciting time in wub wub (even though you know that eventually the zerg will roll you :p)

On the whole portal bomb side of things and everything.. Yes we get the exact same problem.. We actually had a few people crash when they took the portal into the Lord’s room. It was great fun fighting for that keep though, and I hope you had the same enjoyment.

Side note: I am always confused why people complain about culling… Because both sides have exactly the same problem. It’s not like one server can see you and one can’t. We (Choo) run into these problems quite a bit and have in the past.. We will run right through a zerg of PiNK or something and never know and neither will they… Until we both fully render for each other.

| Maguuma | [KEK] | GvG Relic & Historian |
Notorious Nevermore – Guardian

(edited by TheDevilWithinU.7092)

in WvW

FXLEACH.9436

Last week SoR repeatedly exploited culling to defeat TC’s zerg. They would all run away until their models unloaded, then all rush back together dropping everyone before they even appeared on our screens. They would constantly drop portal bombs on us. Yes, their coordination should be applauded, but if these are the kind of pathetic ‘strategies’ needed to stay competitive then I sincerely hope that TC drops back down the league tables so that we can actually get a fair fight.

I guess strategic retreats, fake retreating, circling around, flanking, portaling, and such is in no way any form of tactics?

If you whine about someone abusing culling, you should realize no one is abusing it, and servers will still use their tactics once ANet fixes culling.

If your server has people chasing a group of enemies, and gets surrounded because you didn’t see the rest of the enemies it’s not them abusing culling. If you get flanked its not abusing culling, if people fake retreat and wait for the enemy to give chase, so they get spread out in a “train” to get killed, its not abusing culling. The list goes on an on.

Especially when all sides are effected by the culling, not 1, not 2, but all 3.

fake retreating = strategic retreating
‘circling around’ is another way to describe flanking.

I think if some of the large guilds would just own up to the fact that their massive numbers in the zerg make them practically invisible, people would be happier.

in WvW

Kerithlan.1659

We didn’t ‘game the system’ to stay in T2. We logged out for a bit for the people who wanted to come to our server instead of yours could get in.

Yeah this is totally hitting the nail on the head. You guys totally didn’t post about how you were playing on alts, running dungeons and farming badges instead of taking objectives. You totally didn’t post about how you were doing mass jumping puzzle chains for entire guilds and all of their alts just to store up siege for when you get to T1. (Edit: and you totally didn’t drop from +103 rating before posting this crap to ending the week with +78 and falling behind BG by 10. Totally did not happen at all.)

We totally care about people transferring to your server instead of ours, and this totally is about jealousy. You nailed it square on the head. Masterstroke.

(edited by Kerithlan.1659)

in WvW

Posted by: Ubi.4136

Ubi.4136

I don’t know who you are, or where you came from.

But my financial future is secured thanks to you, anonymous Sanctum of Rall Invader! Gracious thanks!

Wow, grats Amy. My best drop in WvW so far has been a green dagger, and I was just happy it was lvl 80.

Lost in the Maguuma [TC]
Te Nosce [TC]

in WvW

FXLEACH.9436

On the whole portal bomb side of things and everything.. Yes we get the exact same problem.. We actually had a few people crash when they took the portal into the Lord’s room. It was great fun fighting for that keep though, and I hope you had the same enjoyment.

Cheers, I appreciate that you explained what happens on your side!
I feel sorry for those that lost connection during that important time; the same has happened to me a few times aha. T’is somewhat bittersweet. I really enjoyed the defense there today, I arrived somewhat late, but got into it fast – and I learned a few more tricks and what not, at least for defending Hills.