Keep Waypoints - Now perma-blocked?

in WvW

Posted by: chronometria.3708

chronometria.3708

From recent patch notes…

Fixed a bug that allowed contestable keep waypoints to be available for a few seconds in between repel events.

Am I reading this right in the notes that, when a keep is under attack, there will no longer be a time when we can teleport in? The only option will be to enter the besieged area from the outside?

If so, that’s a huge game changer.

in WvW

Posted by: Nova Stiker.8396

Nova Stiker.8396

Takes 1 person to cripple the movement of an entire army now.

in WvW

Posted by: Coyote.7031

Coyote.7031

Perma-stealth thieves are squealing with joy right now. You can’t catch me and you can’t way point.

in WvW

Posted by: Nova Stiker.8396

Nova Stiker.8396

ArenaNet doesn’t seem to understand, if you want to prevent people from rezzing and battling over and over, you can perma-lock the waypoint when the Keep Lord is in combat.

in WvW

Posted by: Bubi.5237

Bubi.5237

It’s all for the glorious Guild Hall upgrade Emergency Waypoint .

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140

in WvW

Posted by: Svarty.8019

Svarty.8019

When they tried this last time, enough people complained here to stop them. It could happen again, if anybody cared anymore.

Nobody at Anet loves WvW like Grouch loved PvP. That’s what we need, a WvW Grouch, but taller.

in WvW

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

Lol, we’re all so cranky and sullen now.

Even I’ve lost my pollyanna.

That’s huge.

L’enfer, c’est les autres

in WvW

Posted by: Chaba.5410

Chaba.5410

Takes 1 person to cripple the movement of an entire army now.

Not even. Takes a rogue NPC now.

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs
RIP [SIC] Strident Iconoclast

in WvW

Posted by: Bristingr.5034

Bristingr.5034

That’s the cost to make 1 Emergency Waypoint? No thank you.

in WvW

Posted by: Chris.3290

Chris.3290

Yet another boon to blobs and k-trains.

Look, as one Washingtonian to my fellow residents. Just because it’s legal, doesn’t mean you should….

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

There is some validity in this decision now that taking down a keep lord can take a while. When keeps flipped in seconds, it kinda made sense but now servers (at least on EBG) have a chance to respond.

I have advocated that a keep’s WP should remain uncontested until the lord is in combat. It should remain contested until the lord is out of combat one way or another. The entire tap a keep to lock a WP thing is fight unfriendly and should be removed.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

in WvW

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

I could have sworn they claimed to have already done this several patches ago.

in WvW

Posted by: Infusion.7149

Infusion.7149

The past several nights we had enemies occasionally spawn camping the waypoints whenever it was open (going by the timer is easy).

Now it’s just going to be enemies camping the entrance portals?

A lord room fight can still be lost by the enemy team. It used to be it wasn’t lost til it flips (contest the ring). Now if the enemy is on the lord it’s basically game over unless the attacking team has so little DPS/CC (or so much blobbing that the scaling is through the roof) that it takes them a long time to kill the lord and cap the ring.

It’s all for the glorious Guild Hall upgrade Emergency Waypoint .

First the +5 supply goes, now the waypoints ….

Desolation (EU) → Yak’s Bend (US)
In your backline: Elementalist+Mesmer+Necromancer

(edited by Infusion.7149)

in WvW

Posted by: Cerby.1069

Cerby.1069

There is some validity in this decision now that taking down a keep lord can take a while. When keeps flipped in seconds, it kinda made sense but now servers (at least on EBG) have a chance to respond.

I have advocated that a keep’s WP should remain uncontested until the lord is in combat. It should remain contested until the lord is out of combat one way or another. The entire tap a keep to lock a WP thing is fight unfriendly and should be removed.

I don’t know what keep lords you are talking about specifically. They all die terribly easily imo. The DL BL keep lords are fodder. The charr keep lords last a bit longer in eternal. The only thing that takes awhile is the legendary castle lord….but this makes sense and he doesn’t do any damage anyways (glass cannons don’t get to cry about it). Outside of DL BL, keeps still flip extremely fast.

I think the wp being open until the lord takes damage is a good idea though. But they gotta fix the bugs where you can move the lords outside of the inner gate first.

I kill you in one gunflame, or I kill you in two.
The Tiny Yuno Sniper of Ebay [EBAY]

in WvW

Posted by: Entenkommando.5208

Entenkommando.5208

It is actually the exact opposite. If you can’t simply ez pz TP into your contested keeps you actually need to care about scouting ahead and having active defense forces on the map for quick action, since you may need to run 2-3min to get there.

btw: This has been listed as a bug since 3 years so it has never been intended that way. They said multiple times that this seems to be very difficult to fix.

R.I.P Kodasch Allianz [KoA]

All we wanted was a GvG.

in WvW

Posted by: Jana.6831

Jana.6831

Back in the day warriors banner could rez a dead lord – so they have been a lot tougher back then.
We rallied in our keeps and fought endlessly and had fun.
Now another strategic element has been removed – oh well. I really can’t care anymore.

in WvW

Svarty.8019

Whatever next? Towers? Keeps? Enemies?!

Nobody at Anet loves WvW like Grouch loved PvP. That’s what we need, a WvW Grouch, but taller.

in WvW

Posted by: Ins.7139

Ins.7139

Nope now scouts in EB green keep have to kill npcs around the keep otherwise the waypoint is permanently contested due to an archer shooting drakes.

Fix your broken kitten before you add content that doesn’t even need adding anet. WHEN WILL YOU LISTEN!?

[PT] Ins For Da Waaagh
www.twitch.tv/ins_for_da_wagh
PuG Commander, blobbing it up since 2012!

in WvW

Posted by: Knightrod.8306

Knightrod.8306

This game is going to kitten. Waypointing is one last chance for often over whelmed defense forces to save a keep.

in WvW

Jayne.9251

Nope now scouts in EB green keep have to kill npcs around the keep otherwise the waypoint is permanently contested due to an archer shooting drakes.

Fix your broken kitten before you add content that doesn’t even need adding anet. WHEN WILL YOU LISTEN!?

Oh man .. sorry, I feel your pain, but holy smokes this made me howl with laughter.

in WvW

Posted by: Leaa.2943

Leaa.2943

Makes even less reason to care about the new map. And i am on a top tier server and have yet up to now never seen or heard anyone using the emergencie waypoint. We even have a thread in our comunity forum were we post what upgrades avaiable.

And it is all good they fixed aggro on mobs in jerry and ogre, but what about the green keep? It is always contested by a trigger happy npc on the west side shooting drakes. So i guess the waypoint on green will be forever locked.

I dunno anymore, the new post about were wvw is going and now this, just put me in a state of i can’t care anymore. My reason for playing this game is about to go down, and a few months back it was all i cared about for 4-8 hours a day, now i have hard time to even log in to gw2. Just feels pointless.

in WvW

Posted by: Zioba.6182

Zioba.6182

It is actually the exact opposite. If you can’t simply ez pz TP into your contested keeps you actually need to care about scouting ahead and having active defense forces on the map for quick action, since you may need to run 2-3min to get there.

btw: This has been listed as a bug since 3 years so it has never been intended that way. They said multiple times that this seems to be very difficult to fix.

Sadly right now noone cares anyway. This change will make it just worse. Ppl NEED to care? Maybe, but they just DON’T

Sarcasm is what’s left when all hope is gone

in WvW

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

Back in the day warriors banner could rez a dead lord – so they have been a lot tougher back then.
We rallied in our keeps and fought endlessly and had fun.
Now another strategic element has been removed – oh well. I really can’t care anymore.

SO much this. Back in the day, WvW used to be so much more fun. Lord room battles lasting an hour or more were so much fun. If the dev’s actually played, they may know what we’re talking about…..

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

in WvW

Posted by: pepper.6179

pepper.6179

Perma-stealth thieves are squealing with joy right now. You can’t catch me and you can’t way point.

nah, we all /wrists. a scrapper with the stealth gyro is more effective anyways.

[SA]

(edited by pepper.6179)

in WvW

Posted by: Deli.1302

Deli.1302

PPT as a concept is essentially dead since the new map came out and yet Anet seems to think people care enough about ppt to pay ridiculous amounts of gold for a guild upgrade.

in WvW

Posted by: Deniara Devious.3948

Deniara Devious.3948

This was a really bad and unneeded change. Now there is even less chances to defend a keep/StoneMist Castle. Previously you could at least tell in map chat “timer 45 seconds”, meaning that in 45 seconds the keep/SMC portal is open for about 3 seconds.

Deniara / Ayna – I want the original WvWvW maps back – Desolation [EU]

in WvW

Posted by: BassHunteR.7246

BassHunteR.7246

I cant see how someone would consider this move.
They launched the game and wvw had literally queues all over to t3 multiple days a week due to too many players trying to go in the BLs.
We used to have a 3 hour fight for a single garri cap due to inumerous warriors suiciding to banner the lord and ppl running to defend.. and everyone had fun on those fights…
We used to have applied strenght/fortitude and they were great buffs.
We used to have to actually save supply for upgrades and play smart not wasting it on dumb sieges…
We used to have 4 maps equally played during the whole week.

Now seriously.. anet considers that out of that scene…
Moving to our current one.. is a great move??
No more full maps.. cause so many ppl quitted game that is getting hard to count already…
Queues on reset night on one map and wr all know which map that is….
Fights lasting way less time with these recent changes..
Ppl wasting supply even on regular acs and ballistas since supplies not being used on upgrades anymore…
We have 1 map being the central of attention and the other 3 maps are played only while eb is queued or by roamers / k-trainers / guild mission.
We barely have skills left to invest points on since they made everything so easy…
And now even wp is gone…
Wow.. ppl behind this game is clueless

in WvW

Posted by: Bao Lin Nda.1042

Bao Lin Nda.1042

And it is all good they fixed aggro on mobs in jerry and ogre, but what about the green keep? It is always contested by a trigger happy npc on the west side shooting drakes. So i guess the waypoint on green will be forever locked.

Jerri isn’t really fixed. Still often contested because NPC fight drakes. And if you kill that drake on west side of the keep, the archer will attack it again when it respawns.
We need a new guild wvw upgrade to stop NPC from attacking drakes! Should be cheap, like 100k large scales and 100k armored scales…

in WvW

Posted by: primatos.5413

primatos.5413

Jerri isn’t really fixed. Still often contested because NPC fight drakes. And if you kill that drake on west side of the keep, the archer will attack it again when it respawns.
We need a new guild wvw upgrade to stop NPC from attacking drakes! Should be cheap, like 100k large scales and 100k armored scales…[/quote]

made my day

Lügen-Anet Anet-Lügen

in WvW

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

We need a new guild wvw upgrade to stop NPC from attacking drakes! Should be cheap, like 100k large scales and 100k armored scales…

Thats just the blueprint, it cost 25g to activate (and is a one time use).

in WvW

Posted by: Offair.2563

Offair.2563

Funny they say this was a bug. Hardly anyone moaned about it and yelling at anet THIS NEEDS TO BE FIXED. While lots of bugs are still around that COULD USE A FIX like npc’s fighting eachother making keeps/tower go contested.

I have really tried to understand anets logic, but there seems to be no logic at all other then annoying their own playerbase over and over again.

Big Babou, Ranger for life.
Madness Rises [Rise] – Banners Hold.
Don’t argue with idiots, they pull you down their level and own you with experience.

in WvW

Posted by: Tom Gore.4035

Tom Gore.4035

I have a bit of mixed feelings about this. On the other hand I think it’s good that you can actually siege a keep and keep defenders from getting in there if you have all entries covered.

On the other hand this will probably lead in even more keep flipping than before. Objectives change hands too often (IMO) already.

But at least there’s an incentive to stop and ress defeated defenders now.

One – Piken Square

in WvW

Posted by: eyestrain.3056

eyestrain.3056

holy kittening kitten.
Anet methodically nerfing anything interesting that could possibly happen in wvw. No turn arounds, no counterplay. Ktrain and stagnate.

in WvW

Posted by: Leaa.2943

Leaa.2943

I have a bit of mixed feelings about this. On the other hand I think it’s good that you can actually siege a keep and keep defenders from getting in there if you have all entries covered.

On the other hand this will probably lead in even more keep flipping than before. Objectives change hands too often (IMO) already.

But at least there’s an incentive to stop and ress defeated defenders now.

Except for that it stops the defenders to port in as well. This is all good if the defenders are equal numbers, but consider defenders on homeborders right now is roughly around 5-10 if that, and zergs passing by with 50+ well again defenders are the loosers.

As for ressing, does not make any matter to me. If i can ress without dying my self i will, if i can’t and you lie on the floor waiting for ress whilst enemies taking the keep instead of running back, then i will just port out and let them have it.
Seriously, those people having vacation dead on the floor thinking this is ok whilst few try to save something, when them running back might be the thing that turns it all around, it just blows my brain up and i mostly leave the border and goes to eb instead.

in WvW

Posted by: Wryscher.1432

Wryscher.1432

Now if they could fix the guard on green keep who really really hates those marsh drakes…

[Sane]-Order of the Insane Disorder
Melanessa-Necromancer Cymaniel-Scrapper
Minikata-Guardian Shadyne-Elementalist -FA-

in WvW

Posted by: aspirine.6852

aspirine.6852

Now if they could fix the guard on green keep who really really hates those marsh drakes…

Not that is has a waypoint but still, if they manage to fix Jerri in the same time. One of the tower guards hates those drakes too.

in WvW

Posted by: BassHunteR.7246

BassHunteR.7246

Funny how even the wvw npcs hates the pve all over the place…
It is like if they are sending anet a message
“THIS STUFF DOES NOT BELONG HERE!!!”

in WvW

Posted by: Swift.1930

Swift.1930

Whatever next? Towers? Keeps? Enemies?!

There are enemies? O.o

Been there, punned that.

Ehmry Bay Guardian

in WvW

Offair.2563

This also happens A LOT on red keep aswell Veloka. Sometimes permanantly.

Don’t argue with idiots, they pull you down their level and own you with experience.

in WvW

Svarty.8019

in WvW

Svarty.8019

in WvW

Posted by: zhonnika.1784

zhonnika.1784

Thats just the blueprint, it cost 25g to activate (and is a one time use).

There isn’t anything remotely worth saving in WvW that I’d pay 25g to use it, let alone pay the ridiculous cost of scribing. Not even SM where you have to ‘build’ a waypoint.

Kashmara – Elementalist | Reapermara – Necromancer
Jade Quarry
Onslaught [OnS]

in WvW

Posted by: Nauda.3678

Nauda.3678

Don’t worry the Waypoint Patch seems to be bugged /s

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wuv/Waypoint-bug/first#post5819842

No idea how the enemies do it, but they can teleport in just fine while the keep is contested…

in WvW

Posted by: Bubi.5237

Bubi.5237

No idea how the enemies do it, but they can teleport in just fine while the keep is contested…

Did it to our own garri when it was contested… just ported into the map for mystic toilet, dunno how is it done, but it’s bugged sometimes…

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140

in WvW

Posted by: aspirine.6852

aspirine.6852

Yay, defense now even more dead than ever. Nice going again Anet. You really know your game dont you.

in WvW

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

Well it didnt work on our home border garrison. Never opened, working as intended there.

Cant even defend T3 garri in the middle of primetime against 10 half kittened people because people dont want to play on the borders, the waypoint change is just a slap in the face on top of that.

in WvW

Offair.2563

Yo Anet i have another marvelous idea, why dont ya just make spawn waypoints contestable too? This idea is for free and for nothing.

in WvW

Posted by: Jana.6831

Jana.6831

Well, our Garri WP is open, no matter what “Ohh, the enemies killed me in our keep – I think I’m just gonna port and backstab them” (needless to say that I won).

in WvW

Posted by: Wryscher.1432

Wryscher.1432

Our garrison WP was drunk last night too. It was open about 90% of the time we were being attacked there.

[Sane]-Order of the Insane Disorder
Melanessa-Necromancer Cymaniel-Scrapper
Minikata-Guardian Shadyne-Elementalist -FA-

in WvW

Jayne.9251

Well, our Garri WP is open, no matter what “Ohh, the enemies killed me in our keep – I think I’m just gonna port and backstab them” (needless to say that I won).

+1000.

You get ’em tiger