LOLz fer dayz 3 very high 5 high servers

in WvW

Posted by: Trinitie.5046

Trinitie.5046

WvW is dead and you are crazy if you think ANET will fix it.

Think about it, they have a team working on a major overhaul for over a year, that team comes up with Golem Bullkitten Week and now Deserted BL. If you have any glimmer of hope left in ANET that they will fix this you are beyond delusional.

That being said, this topic took a turn to more interesting discussions. Is there an MMO out there that has good WvW / RvR style of play and good action combat?

I have been looking at BlackDesertOnline, but sadly I got the region block thing as Pearl Abyss refused to license the rights for my country to Daum…. so that hope went out of the window….

Kinda iff about blade and soul cause although the combat is fun, the PvE is beyond bland and although there is the Faction thing for open world fights, it seems more on the duel format rather than massive fights like a WvW / RvR format.

So, any suggestions?

Actually, we have a member in our guild with a similar situation in regards to BDO. All you have to do is what a lot of did to play the KR version when it first came out. Download SoftEther VPN client its free and use a US, Canadian or EU VPN for the NA/EU version. You can test it out now and see if you can download the BDO character creator from the NA/EU site its also free. Make sure it’s the client in combo with the relay servers/manager.

Just so you’re aware BDO is not a RvR scene but rather a GvG scene. I’m on the fence about CU atm, not because of a subscription but it’s still not complete and only in alpha stages. It looks promising and should not be ruled out. However, its my personal preference after getting burned with anet and other games to hold out on investing in other games until I can have a chance to test them out myself or hear credible positive reviews. But honestly, I think your best bets right now would be BDO, CU, and Crowfall.

On a side note, I think it’s funny this thread is mostly about up and coming mmos. Sure proves that Anet killed WvW in GW2. If you go to a restaurant and get crappy service and served crappy food would you ever go back and give them more money? Do you honestly think they will give you better service and food next time? How many times do you have to be served crap and treated like crap before you realize the company is crap? Ya’ll need to go to a better restaurant!

See you in Black Desert!

Co-leader of DgP – Gate of Madness

in WvW

Posted by: Leaa.2943

Leaa.2943

There was never full servers before HoT either so that is not a measurement.

Prior to HoT all of T1 and part of T2 was locked in the US for a fairly long time. The populations were much higher as well.

HoT drained a lot of players out of WvW and many never returned. Those that did stay seem to be dropping off lately. T1 is now a hodge-podge of guilds I barely recognize. Only JQ seems to have kept a couple larger guilds in tact.

Unfortunately T1 this week is sending a lot of players out of the game. I know at least 5 that have quit this week due to general staleness of WvW. They probably would have played to at least the balance patch but BG/JQ have double teamed YB killing the last of the decent roaming there. I couldn’t get anyone I know to even log on.

I have accounts in both EU and NA and have been for many years. You are slightly right but still wrong. When the game went f2p we got full servers in both EU and NA, the game went f2p in august last year which was only 6 months back.
Before that there was no full servers, neither in EU nor NA.
WvW was at its best during the years before f2p and HoT, so no server population have nothing to do with what we are talking about here.
And i do not blame the f2p at all for it, just that we got more accounts in and that is why the servers became full just before HoT, but that is not when wvw were the best, this happens years before.

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

in WvW

Posted by: Crapgame.6519

Crapgame.6519

Original DaOC nor any expansion have or require macros (would get you banned) nor did it have 99 keystrokes. No more or less than gw2 today. CU, I’m not sure but would assume it will be similar.

DAoC had two default action bars and players could add more. It also had built in macros (/macro command). Did you play the game? Not using multiple action bars and macros would be a tedious affair in that game especially since it didn’t have something like fast ground targeting.

Yup, played it. Thane, Suppression Spiritmaster, and Pac healer. Also Master Level 10. Midgard/Igraine. Go figure. Honestly, forget my realm rank.

Didn’t use macro’s outside of a target assist. other than that I can honestly say I don’t recall having anywhere near that many bars. Maybe I should go back and look at some of my videos

It isn’t anything like Wow’s though, that is for sure.

Main – Laaz Rocket – Guardian (Ehmry Bay)
Johnny Johnny – Ranger (Ehmry Bay)
Hárvey Wallbanger – Alt Warrior (Ehmry Bay)

in WvW

Posted by: Aenaos.8160

Aenaos.8160

EB = the new EotM for those that don’t like ledges.

Other than that, yep it’s dead Jim.

Hey.Watch the Ledges!

-Win a pip,lose a pip,win a pip,lose a pip,lose a pip,
lose a pip,win 2 pips,lose a pip,lose a pip…………..-
-Go go Espartz.-

in WvW

Posted by: Azel.4786

Azel.4786

Actually, we have a member in our guild with a similar situation in regards to BDO. All you have to do is what a lot of did to play the KR version when it first came out. Download SoftEther VPN client its free and use a US, Canadian or EU VPN for the NA/EU version. You can test it out now and see if you can download the BDO character creator from the NA/EU site its also free. Make sure it’s the client in combo with the relay servers/manager.

Just so you’re aware BDO is not a RvR scene but rather a GvG scene. I’m on the fence about CU atm, not because of a subscription but it’s still not complete and only in alpha stages. It looks promising and should not be ruled out. However, its my personal preference after getting burned with anet and other games to hold out on investing in other games until I can have a chance to test them out myself or hear credible positive reviews. But honestly, I think your best bets right now would be BDO, CU, and Crowfall.

On a side note, I think it’s funny this thread is mostly about up and coming mmos. Sure proves that Anet killed WvW in GW2. If you go to a restaurant and get crappy service and served crappy food would you ever go back and give them more money? Do you honestly think they will give you better service and food next time? How many times do you have to be served crap and treated like crap before you realize the company is crap? Ya’ll need to go to a better restaurant!

See you in Black Desert!

Thanks for the tips and the good post.

I will also check out CU and Crowfall!

I saw that BDO is a GvG format (keep fights mostly), but what drew me was the combat (that seems to be awesome), the possibility of open world PvP in some maps (which hopefully the GvG scene keeps it from having people camping the areas with huge groups). Not to mention that sometimes getting into some guilds can be fun as well to have some of those fights.

And on the last part, I agree, ANET has reached the breaking point on delivering crappy service and I don’t see the WvW getting anywhere near how it once was. Specially with the complete lack of support, direction or anything for that matter from ANET.

It is time to let it die.

in WvW

Posted by: Kaiser.9873

Kaiser.9873

At the end of the day it isn’t about free or subscription. It is about a company that takes this format of play more serious or puts it in the forefront. Right now with HoT it isn’t the case nor has it been previously. Their focus right or wrong is:

1. Raid content
2. eSports

You got that wrong, their focus is:

1. Gem store
2. Grind to facilitate players buying gems

I have never understood why a sub has to be $15/month with no gemstore, or no sub with a focus on gem store. I haven’t played a sub game where the price was different from $15/month.

Why not $5/month with some kind of gemstore? The gemstore would need to be toned down somewhat of course, but the $5 sub would allow lots of new content; all the while paying the bills, with the gemstore being the profit.

They can offer the finishers, boosters, some outfits/armor sets, and the mining tools, plus a few other little QoL goodies through the gemstore. This really wouldn’t impact gameplay at all, and still be attractive to many/most players.

in WvW

Posted by: gennyt.3428

gennyt.3428

At the end of the day it isn’t about free or subscription. It is about a company that takes this format of play more serious or puts it in the forefront. Right now with HoT it isn’t the case nor has it been previously. Their focus right or wrong is:

1. Raid content
2. eSports

1. Gem store

I have never understood why a sub has to be $15/month with no gemstore, or no sub with a focus on gem store. I haven’t played a sub game where the price was different from $15/month.

Why not $5/month with some kind of gemstore? The gemstore would need to be toned down somewhat of course, but the $5 sub would allow lots of new content; all the while paying the bills, with the gemstore being the profit.

They can offer the finishers, boosters, some outfits/armor sets, and the mining tools, plus a few other little QoL goodies through the gemstore. This really wouldn’t impact gameplay at all, and still be attractive to many/most players.

Two words:

Maximize profit

Whispers with meat.

in WvW

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

1. Raid content
2. eSports

1. Gem store

It’s really hard to have a gemstore and not slip into P2W. A lot of people know this and are suspicious of games with gemstores. Perhaps the CU devs are banking on these people as their customers?

Or maybe they’re out of touch with today’s MMO reality (I don’t think $15 subscriptions are viable any longer)?

in WvW

Posted by: Fellfoot.8156

Fellfoot.8156

I think other game Devs are reading these forums and taking notes on the mistakes ArenaNet has made. Perhaps they won’t make the same mistakes.

[AIR] Henge of Denravi aka Pink Abu, [BAMA] RollTide
chopping wood one day, dropped a piece,
all I could say was, “…fell…foot…”

in WvW

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

I think other game Devs are reading these forums and taking notes on the mistakes ArenaNet has made. Perhaps they won’t make the same mistakes.

Hopefully they are. There’s often good suggestions and analyses here and it’d be nice to know that someone is perhaps getting something out of them — because Anet sure isn’t.

in WvW

Leaa.2943

So you were obviously not there then and there for don’t understand how this worked. Before the mega servers, you could look at the server list and see the server as full depending on what time during the day it was.
They were pending depending on how many that was logged in, and also due to how many accounts the server had on them. The problem was that ALL accounts was counting, including abandoned and old trial accounts. Which is why servers in the very bottom could be listed as very high even though there was not a single person doing wvw or pve. I was at such server at that point, and you can find posts about it if you look back.

Further more, even though some servers was showing as full during the primetime due to those that logged in, you could easy wait until after and then it would not be full anymore and you could join the server at 3 in the morning with a new account or move your old.

So again, you can not measure if wvw is bad due to server population status, because wvw was at it’s best up to roughly a year back when servers was not full.

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

So you were obviously not there then and there for don’t understand how this worked. Before the mega servers, you could look at the server list and see the server as full depending on what time during the day it was.

You are mis-remembering how this worked. In the first year, yes it worked this way. Players could xfer during off hours. Anet fixed this in the second year so that it was a rolling average. Servers again sort of figured this out and would take entire weeks off to get xfers the following week but T1 servers remained Full most of the time.

In 2014 Anet decided to lock some servers before the last tournament and kept them that way for quite a while. In mid 2015 Anet did change how population was counted to be based on WvW populations but seemingly kept the locks in place for some servers. So basically servers have been locked in one form or another until post HoT. At the release of HoT, the population in WvW dropped like a rock and has basically remained that way. People thought it might jump back when players got bored of the PvE content but it simply didn’t happen.

As for implying I have not been around very long, I was in the Beta, Pre-Release and have been playing WvW almost exclusively since launch. I have roughly 4k hours in WvW alone. Heck my Anet play dates back to GW and a few thousand hours there as well.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

in WvW

Posted by: Lorelei.3918

Lorelei.3918

I’ve been playing Planetside 2. PS2 is what wvw in this game should have been, but with guns and tanks.

I like the changes they made to the trait system and combat system in general over the past year here in GW2. Since I’ve hit BR100 and have auraxed all the weapons I care to aurax in PS2, I’m tooling around here again.

So yeah EotM is the only place you can get a decent wvw experience in this game now. I now oscillate between Planetside 2 and eotm.

(edited by Lorelei.3918)

in WvW

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

1. Raid content
2. eSports

1. Gem store

It’s really hard to have a gemstore and not slip into P2W. A lot of people know this and are suspicious of games with gemstores. Perhaps the CU devs are banking on these people as their customers?

Or maybe they’re out of touch with today’s MMO reality (I don’t think $15 subscriptions are viable any longer)?

They only need a relatively small number of total subscribers to sustain the game, if they get 50K they will be happy. Plus given the game is an RvR sandbox the content is largely player created so there is no requirement for large updates.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

in WvW

Leaa.2943

You are mis-remembering how this worked. In the first year, yes it worked this way. Players could xfer during off hours. Anet fixed this in the second year so that it was a rolling average. Servers again sort of figured this out and would take entire weeks off to get xfers the following week but T1 servers remained Full most of the time.

In 2014 Anet decided to lock some servers before the last tournament and kept them that way for quite a while. In mid 2015 Anet did change how population was counted to be based on WvW populations but seemingly kept the locks in place for some servers. So basically servers have been locked in one form or another until post HoT. At the release of HoT, the population in WvW dropped like a rock and has basically remained that way. People thought it might jump back when players got bored of the PvE content but it simply didn’t happen.

As for implying I have not been around very long, I was in the Beta, Pre-Release and have been playing WvW almost exclusively since launch. I have roughly 4k hours in WvW alone. Heck my Anet play dates back to GW and a few thousand hours there as well.

I am not here to convince you, just wanted to tell you that what you said is missleading an d that you can not use full or no full servers as a meassurement over how good or bad wvw is doing. You obviously feel i am wrong, which i am actually not, and i do not remembering it wrong either, so this kind of leads nowere and i will leave because it lost it’s value.