Legendary Armor and WvW [Merged]

in WvW

Posted by: PierPiero.9142

PierPiero.9142

if they’d sell with gems they would do good money ….

in WvW

Posted by: Nikkinella.8254

Nikkinella.8254

Go and look at the top meta builds for WvW and tell me how many of them actually have different stats, very few.

Ok…let’s look on Metabattle.com at Elementalist…

WvW – 4 builds listed with the following armor types suggested: Marauder, Berserker, Cleric, Minstrel (4 in total)

Raids – 7 builds listed with the following armor types suggested: Berserker, Viper, Magi (3 in total)

Huh…wow…who would have thought that even though raids have more build diversity within a class, they actually require fewer different armor types…even one of the Ele’s raid healing builds is all Zerker armor…so who would really benefit from the stat swapping with legendaries?

Ok, maybe that was an unfair generalization based on a sample of 1…let’s look at Guardian:

WvW – 5 builds listed with the following armor types suggested: Celestial, Marauder, Soldier (3 in total)

Raids – 3 builds listed with the following armor types suggested: Berserker…(1 in total)

So if I was a Guardian in a raid, I’d never have to switch my legendary stats? Cool!

Hmm…I’m seeing a trend here…but it’s time to get back to work, I’ll have to continue my research later…

Here’s my final tally of the Metabattle data as for how many different armor stat sets are currently listed for meta builds in each category, WvW vs. Raid:

Very nicely done. That doesnt take into account however all the off meta builds that roamers and some guilds in wvw run as well. I’m sure there’s FAR more than that in wvw. But you have no way of knowing that anyway without talking to tons of different roamers and guilds. And most will not be willing to share their builds anyway.

Let’s take into account that most people in WvW will choose the highest rated meta builds to run with, you know the ones, google/youtube most popular ones to go with, and they will use those. People who run, “off-meta” builds, may change a few things like weaving in a few different pieces of armor, or they prefer a certain set of sigils/runes, and maybe choosing a different trait that is more appealing to them. The GvG guilds, or highly organized guilds, will run builds that have synergy with the group/squad. Meta stays meta until, balance changes or new gear comes out, and there is just so much fine tuning a guild/group can do with gear before it becomes, bland and dated.

I feel both sides, WvW and PvE(Raids) are both deserving of a way to acquire it, but kitten ing one side, because, “Ewww Raids” or “Ewww WvW”, is dumb.

Yeah, you’re right. Legendary armor is kinda a big deal and its something that should be available to all players regardless of what mode they prefer to play. Right now its only available to pve players, which isnt the least bit fair. Anyone with common sense could have seen locking something like legendary armor behind raids was an absolutely moronic idea. Exclusive skins, yeah prefectly fair for raiders to have that. They deserve exclusive stuff. But something that adds new functionality to the game like legendary armor, terrible decision on their part.

They could just give wvw a version that has the same graphic as default ascended armor and let the raiders have the exclusive transforming skin. But the functionality of rune and stat swapping is something that wvw players deserve to have access to.

in WvW

Posted by: kefro.9312

kefro.9312

Again anet doesnt care about wvw players.
Thats why they can’t sell me their expansions..

Can we get legenday armor tracks at least, i dont care if you make it really grinding like complete 50 tracks to get a piece or make it like 3,000 wvw level to be able to unlock it i dont even care if its 50 times harder to get it from wvw.
I still prefer doing 50 more grinding in wvw than doing pve.

in WvW

Posted by: Hesacon.8735

Hesacon.8735

Spvp, fractal, dungeon, metas, etc. players don’t get legendary armor either.

Multiple sets of ascended gear costs less than one set of legendary gear, be it weapons, armor, or backpacks.

There’s no advantage to legendary gear other than the skin, the challenge of obtaining it, and prestige of having it; if you’re into that sort of thing.

in WvW

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

they need to get something to avoid players getting burned from redundancy, so for raids will be that armor.

its fine.

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

in WvW

Posted by: Dreddo.9865

Dreddo.9865

Spvp, fractal, dungeon, metas, etc. players don’t get legendary armor either.

Multiple sets of ascended gear costs less than one set of legendary gear, be it weapons, armor, or backpacks.

There’s no advantage to legendary gear other than the skin, the challenge of obtaining it, and prestige of having it; if you’re into that sort of thing.

Actually there is in that you can change stats and runes on the fly saving you from the need to carry extra items in the inventory solely for WvW purposes.

in WvW

kefro.9312

There is no prestige in pve grinding, it’s just grinding.
They should give another set for wvw and another for spvp so people dont think i’m a pveer when they look at me

in WvW

Posted by: Mist.6217

Mist.6217

I’m willing to bet in those 6 or so months that you changed your build, the reason you changed it was because of, balance patches, and figuring out what was best for you to run, in those WvW situations. The, WvW “Meta” builds are meta for a reason, and that is because they work for that scenario in WvW, be it roaming/group/zerg/commanding ect.

I’m getting sick of these, “1%” people posting, like, everyone is some expert on WvW, no, people run Meta builds in WvW, a VERY few groups/guilds run off-meta builds, and that is purely so they have synergy with the group/guilds dynamic not because they’re some revolutionary player who sails above the rest, rofl…

Go and look at the top meta builds for WvW and tell me how many of them actually have different stats, very few.

You’d be wrong and lose that bet, but sure automatically group those that disagree with you as some “1%er” group makes your argument look foolish. The guild I’m in doesn’t use any meta build because most are focused around using Epi which is basically just a crutch for those that can’t handle equally skilled groups (purely my opinion).

in WvW

Posted by: HazyDaisy.4107

HazyDaisy.4107

Too bad the raiders won’t be able to show off their new armor in wvw. Can you imagine the first zerg that spots them in an opposing zerg? It’ll be worse than when they see a dev tag.

Sorrows Furnace
[HaHa] Hazardous Hallucination

in WvW

Posted by: AmphibianX.7042

AmphibianX.7042

let me see if I got this right:

1. Raids have a cool down, you can only do a Raid once per week.
2. For completing a raid you get a chest. a chest that contains 13 Legendary Insights.
3. you need 125 Legendary Insights to craft all 6 pieces of the legendary armor (among other things).

that’s a total of 9.5 weeks just to get all 125. is that right?
and yeah Legendary is suppose to be something hard to get, but whats the logic behind the cool-down on raids; Time Required = Challenging Content?
yet another reason why I dont want to do Raids.

in WvW

Posted by: Sarrs.4831

Sarrs.4831

Legendary armor would be cool but honestly I think they need to get the other rewards down first. Stuff like Skirmish Rewards, a bit more parity between PvE and WvW farming.

Nalhadia – Kaineng

in WvW

Posted by: apharma.3741

apharma.3741

2. For completing a raid you get a chest. a chest that contains 13 Legendary Insights.
3. you need 125 Legendary Insights to craft all 6 pieces of the legendary armor (among other things).

and yeah Legendary is suppose to be something hard to get, but whats the logic behind the cool-down on raids; Time Required = Challenging Content?

Not quite right

1. You can only get the guaranteed exotic, rares, gold and legendary insights once a week per boss.

2. All raid wings are divided into a number of boss fights, wings 1, 2 and 3 all have three bosses which give the rewards mentioned in point 1 once per week. Wing 4 has four bosses that give the rewards once per week for a total of 13 legendary insights if you clear all 4 wings.

3. It’s 150 legendary insight to craft a full set of legendary armour the first time. Each subsequent set of armour costs 300 legendary insights, 150 for the precursor and 150 for the upgrade to legendary.

To get 150 legendary insights, assuming you kill every single boss it takes 12 weeks and you can slack on the last week and kill only 8.

No idea about the weekly limit, I guess it’s to stop people essentially farming bosses for LI’s as there are players who would easily be able to get 50 a week without really trying and that’s with any old group. The really try hards that are really good could get a full set in 2 weeks easily. We also don’t know how many more raids there will be, if we got another 2 wings with three and four bosses then you could earn 20 LI’s a week making the time frame much shorter to 8 weeks.

Not all bosses are the same difficulty as well, wing 4 is fairly easy with the right strategies and comp to the point where you could have 3 or 4 good players essentially carrying hard. There’s also a few other bosses that are much easier than the rest, if they gave LI’s daily you could craft a set in half a year without having to do anything difficult at all.

in WvW

Posted by: Swagger.1459

Swagger.1459

Yes. Each raid boss provides a legendary Insight that can earned once per week

For killing a boss you get 1 Legendary Insight

You need 150 Legendary Insights

It’s 12 weeks (3 months) minimum of clearing each raid/ killing 13 bosses per week

Not as easy as you are assuming it would be

New Main- 80 Thief – P/P- Vault Spam Pro

221 hours over 1,581 days of bank space/hot pve/lion’s arch afk and some wvw.

(edited by Swagger.1459)

in WvW

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

What about removing ascend level gear str from all gear and re balances it to exotic level and add in a set of legendary exotic level armor?

So all gear exotic or higher will be dropped to only exotic level and we can have a set of exotic legendary armor that we can swap on the fly like full on legendary armor from pve. So you cant get the best gear in the game for pve though wvw and at the same time you can get the best gear always from pve (even if they add in stronger levels).

This may even fix some of the condi problems and bunker problems in the game. Even the one shot builds. Though i have nothing to back that up.

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

in WvW

Posted by: Xstein.2187

Xstein.2187

I feel like there is a lot of misunderstanding in this thread. I don’t think the kill limit is necessarily meant as a limit to enforced making it take longer to get the armor. Its more so you can’t kill the easiest raid boss over and over again in the game to get the armor, and wellll obviously you could do it that way, but it would then take you over 3 years to get enough insights. The kill limit is in place to put a emphasis on killing the tougher raid bosses as well. Now, here is my view on the subject.

I still think where they went wrong isn’t due to the fact that they don’t have legendary armor planned for the other game modes, but that they didn’t require all 3 game modes to make the legendary armor. I’m a firm believer that if you want the one set of legendary armor in gw2, then you should play everything in gw2. For example, instead of the rather boring provisioner tokens, they could have had a gift that required pvp and WvW. This gift could have been created in the mystic forge by combing a Gift of Battle, a Gift of Skirmishing, and two more gifts not in the game (kinda like the Gift of the Competitor) that require you to complete achievements in both PvP and WvW respectively. Legendary armor should have required play in All game modes.

Lägertha Lothbrök: PvE Mesmer
Schrödingers Clone: PvP Mesmer

in WvW

Posted by: Sylvyn.4750

Sylvyn.4750

If anyone hasn’t watched Wooden Potatoes’ videos, he already had all the insights and other mats needed when the patch landed to turn them in for a legendary set, so for many diehard raiders, it’s a reward for what they’ve already done rather than giving them something more to work towards. In that vein, I’d like to just be able to merge ascended sets into one set that lets you swap stats between the stat sets you’ve already created, which saves inventory space and adds some convenience but not a new skin. Seems fair.

in WvW

Jski.6180

If anyone hasn’t watched Wooden Potatoes’ videos, he already had all the insights and other mats needed when the patch landed to turn them in for a legendary set, so for many diehard raiders, it’s a reward for what they’ve already done rather than giving them something more to work towards. In that vein, I’d like to just be able to merge ascended sets into one set that lets you swap stats between the stat sets you’ve already created, which saves inventory space and adds some convenience but not a new skin. Seems fair.

And what do you do after? What is there to work for with the raiders. There no new legendary set and we images that they are going to add in more raids what of that? Or was raids just a HoT thing and that it?

You cant keep raider playing though gear and legendary armor is the end all be all gear what next for them other then just simply moving to an mmorpg that is build for raiding and over all dose it better then gw2 ever could?

That why game types like wvw and spvp are going to keep gw2 alive in the long run way longer then raids could ever. Even if you added in this game for wvw players they will still keep playing because its not the items that are the end goal of the wvw players its the fights and the weakly score. There simply more to get out of wvw and spvp players then you ever could get out of raiders.

in WvW

Posted by: RedBaron.6058

RedBaron.6058

Lets just imagine that 10% of GW2 player base do raids.

Maybe 50% of the 10% will try to get Legendary armor…so, in the end, ANet is investing a lot of time and resources to satisfy 5% of its player base.

In my book, that is bad business strategy.

I understand that Legendary Armor is supposed to be hard to get but everyone should be able to do it if they want, no matter the chosen path.

Locking Legendary Armor behind raids is just another wasted opportunity…

Just an example: A well known Basketball Shoes brand launches a new awesome flashy basketball shoes model but only allows NBA players to buy them and they can not sell them to anyone else…not the smartest business decision, right?

Basically, millions of potential costumers will be kept away with their money burning their pockets but unable to use it…so many gems that could be sold for the needed gold…

“Blackadder: If you want something done properly, kill Baldrick before you start.”

(edited by RedBaron.6058)

in WvW

Posted by: serious.9730

serious.9730

Never expected it to be available anywhere except for raids, don’t know why anyone else would, don’t even care to put an ascended vendor in wvw.

You may not care but many others do. PvP can be ignored as it doesn’t use armor stats at all. That leaves WvW and PvE where stats do matter. Easily changeable stats would boost flexibility, especially when combined with swappable runes.

Once you have those the look of the armor is secondary to function. You can use Viper and then switch to soldier if it gets a bit tougher.

Plenty of WvW players use legendary weapons already, despite the sigil not being easily swapped.

Then raids are boring, repetitive and I would really rather have everyone with the same max armor stats as in PvP.

Simple option, extend the PvP all in one amulets to WvW, then it won’t matter what armor you are wearing.

in WvW

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

And what do you do after? What is there to work for with the raiders. There no new legendary set and we images that they are going to add in more raids what of that? Or was raids just a HoT thing and that it?

You cant keep raider playing though gear and legendary armor is the end all be all gear what next for them other then just simply moving to an mmorpg that is build for raiding and over all dose it better then gw2 ever could?

Yes that admission surprised me, what do they expect raiders to do once they have all 3 legendary armors, I would think all the raiders have 1 set and are already well on their way to a second. Its shortsighted.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

in WvW

Posted by: Uaitdevil.3841

Uaitdevil.3841

Imho legendary armor should cover the whole gw2 world, not being a raid-only reward.

- The concept of switching stats really fits the idea of “all around player”.
- Once you managed to do all the raids you need, you will probably be already set with raid equip, so, to them, the legendary is just a prestige skin.
- Acc bound precursor[talking also about HoT weapons here] don’t work so well because it forces you to do a single thing, why this game is so kitten casual on every other aspect except raids?
- Giving the opportunity to get the precursor with rng luck drop AND from legendary insight exchange AND ascended shards of glory AND eventual ascended badge of glory should help increasing population everywhere, and making the pre-to-legendary step only a gold sink may work too.
- What about replayability? if you get all the armors you will probably get nothing else to do
-The idea of only one aspect of the game can make you full legendary is stupid, for legendary backpack we got both pvp and fractal one, not everybody, but most of the players were happy.

in WvW

Posted by: Offair.2563

Offair.2563

rune wise: legendary armor is in the 2k-3k gold ballpark. if you buy 2k gold worth of runes you bet you can swap them often enough. so huh?

How many ascended sets would i get for 2-3k gold with even better skins?

Big Babou, Ranger for life.
Madness Rises [Rise] – Banners Hold.
Don’t argue with idiots, they pull you down their level and own you with experience.

in WvW

Posted by: Feanor.2358

Feanor.2358

- What about replayability? if you get all the armors you will probably get nothing else to do

That’s the crux of it. If they introduced more ways of obtaining the same set, they would undermine a serious reason to play the content. In case you haven’t noticed, all recent legendaries are bound to specific content. Armor to raids, backpacks to PvP and FotM, gen 2 weapons to HoT maps. The devs are using the legendaries to create a reason for players to play specific content.

in WvW

apharma.3741

rune wise: legendary armor is in the 2k-3k gold ballpark. if you buy 2k gold worth of runes you bet you can swap them often enough. so huh?

Purely crafting you are looking anything from 250-350g (so 9-10sets) but there’s ways to reduce the cost like with doing fractals and getting the pages and crafting the mark for about 15g.

There’s also the aspect of being able to stat swap so you could craft a few sets of armour and stat swap them when you settle on a new build that you test with exotics first. The difference between exotic and ascended is a couple of percent, less than 5 I know but not the exact figure, either way it won’t make a big difference in WvW. When you factor that in how much exotic/ascended armour and rune combos could you try with 2-3k gold?

in WvW

Posted by: anduriell.6280

anduriell.6280

That’s the crux of it. If they introduced more ways of obtaining the same set, they would undermine a serious reason to play the content. In case you haven’t noticed, all recent legendaries are bound to specific content. Armor to raids, backpacks to PvP and FotM, gen 2 weapons to HoT maps. The devs are using the legendaries to create a reason for players to play specific content.

That’s actually the point. You are supposed to play that grindfest that are raids because supposedly you enjoy the grindfest.

I play, well.. played, WvW beause i enjoy the game mode. Good rewards are meant to allow players to stay in a competitive state and have the most adequate build for their gamestyle.

You are stating that raiders play Raids but they despise them so they need massive rewards to keep playing, right?

I TOLD YOU SO
Inverse to Apple: SBeast is the worst yet.. jurl jurl
I’m all in for Team Irenio!

in WvW

Posted by: Baldrick.8967

Baldrick.8967

Not quite right

1. You can only get the guaranteed exotic, rares, gold and legendary insights once a week per boss.

2. All raid wings are divided into a number of boss fights, wings 1, 2 and 3 all have three bosses which give the rewards mentioned in point 1 once per week. Wing 4 has four bosses that give the rewards once per week for a total of 13 legendary insights if you clear all 4 wings.

3. It’s 150 legendary insight to craft a full set of legendary armour the first time. Each subsequent set of armour costs 300 legendary insights, 150 for the precursor and 150 for the upgrade to legendary.

To get 150 legendary insights, assuming you kill every single boss it takes 12 weeks and you can slack on the last week and kill only 8.

No idea about the weekly limit, I guess it’s to stop people essentially farming bosses for LI’s as there are players who would easily be able to get 50 a week without really trying and that’s with any old group. The really try hards that are really good could get a full set in 2 weeks easily. We also don’t know how many more raids there will be, if we got another 2 wings with three and four bosses then you could earn 20 LI’s a week making the time frame much shorter to 8 weeks.

Not all bosses are the same difficulty as well, wing 4 is fairly easy with the right strategies and comp to the point where you could have 3 or 4 good players essentially carrying hard. There’s also a few other bosses that are much easier than the rest, if they gave LI’s daily you could craft a set in half a year without having to do anything difficult at all.

I wonder how that timescale compares to the average wvw player’s time to max out all wvw levels and unlock all masteries. Given the current state of wvw, I can play for a couple of hours and maybe scrape a couple wvw levels…

WvW player. Doing another world completion for my next Legendary. Hater of mini-games.

in WvW

Posted by: Offair.2563

Offair.2563

Purely crafting you are looking anything from 250-350g (so 9-10sets) but there’s ways to reduce the cost like with doing fractals and getting the pages and crafting the mark for about 15g.

There’s also the aspect of being able to stat swap so you could craft a few sets of armour and stat swap them when you settle on a new build that you test with exotics first. The difference between exotic and ascended is a couple of percent, less than 5 I know but not the exact figure, either way it won’t make a big difference in WvW. When you factor that in how much exotic/ascended armour and rune combos could you try with 2-3k gold?

Exactly. Thats the reason im not bothered with raids to get gears as i can get the same in less time and less money.

Big Babou, Ranger for life.
Madness Rises [Rise] – Banners Hold.
Don’t argue with idiots, they pull you down their level and own you with experience.

in WvW

Feanor.2358

That’s actually the point. You are supposed to play that grindfest that are raids because supposedly you enjoy the grindfest.

I play, well.. played, WvW beause i enjoy the game mode. Good rewards are meant to allow players to stay in a competitive state and have the most adequate build for their gamestyle.

You are stating that raiders play Raids but they despise them so they need massive rewards to keep playing, right?

No.

The comparison doesn’t quite work. The problem with raids is they are “fixed” content. I genuinely enjoy raiding, but I have no doubt at some point they’ll get old. It’s just what happens with predefined content when you play it over and over again.

WvW isn’t quite the same, because instead of predefined fights you’re facing other people. Unlike raid encounters, they can – and often do – present brand new challenges, brand new problems to solve. This is what keeps the mode fresh. Well, fresher than a scripted fight, at least.

Rewards work as a mean to prolong players’ interest. Some would go this far even without them, some wouldn’t. I’d say it’s generally healthy for the mode to have this sort of long-term goals. This, of course, applies to pretty much every game mode. So I’d be all for a WvW-exclusive set. ANet unfortunately seem reluctant to do it.

On a side note, I’m very glad rewards aren’t required for players to “stay competitive”. This game has never been a gear-grind treadmill and I like that about it. If I’m in the mood for gear grind, I play D3.

in WvW

apharma.3741

Exactly. Thats the reason im not bothered with raids to get gears as i can get the same in less time and less money.

Yeah I hear you on that. Legendary armour is convenient but basically all I’ve actually done with it is delete my other 2 sets of armour and keep the runes saving 10 squares of inventory space. I guess I can also play condi ele more easily now without having to swap class and steal the ascended armour from them but it’s purely convenience at that point.

@Baldrick It depends on what you do, if you karma train with a blue tag like certain national servers then you could get levels very quickly. If you only roam and never cap stuff or like some GvG guilds deliberately avoiding any form of PPT then they go up a lot slower. I personally do a mix to experience different aspects but mostly do small group roaming with PPT as a means to fights or getting blobbed down when the 5 guys we killed call for help from the 30 man zerg.

I honestly don’t know how long it would take to max it all out as they changed it a while back and I suddenly went from a few things left to max out to all done. Perhaps the wiki might help with saying how many points you need.

(edited by apharma.3741)

in WvW

Posted by: Caedmon.6798

Caedmon.6798

if they’d sell with gems they would do good money ….

No,that would be p2w.Bad way of doing business as ive seen in tons of other mmos that destroyed their own game with stuff like that.Anet keeps the gemstore clean of p2w items and only keeps it at cosmetic stuff etc.

in WvW

Posted by: Rayya.2591

Rayya.2591

Suppose they wanted to allow you to earn legendary armour in WvW.

Do they put it behind reward tracks? Then it’s just a test of time. Play WvW long enough, get legendary armour.

Do they make it require badges of honour? Then it will go those with the most kills – those that blob up and press 1. Run with the zerg, get legendary armour.

Do they tie it to server victory? PPT hard enough / stack server coverage well enough – get legendary armour?

I can see arguments for all of these options, or some combination of them, but none of them are very appealing. They reward the worst parts of WvW and are not skill-based.

what?
does pve raid involve any skill ?
Ok

http://imgur.com/a/fKgjD
no.1 WvW kills

in WvW

Posted by: Lyrebon.9715

Lyrebon.9715

Do they put it behind reward tracks? Then it’s just a test of time. Play WvW long enough, get legendary armour.

Do they make it require badges of honour? Then it will go those with the most kills – those that blob up and press 1. Run with the zerg, get legendary armour.

Do they tie it to server victory? PPT hard enough / stack server coverage well enough – get legendary armour?

I can see arguments for all of these options, or some combination of them, but none of them are very appealing. They reward the worst parts of WvW and are not skill-based.

what?
Ok

Yes. A bad group is going to struggle, a lot. Skill definitely shows; not everyone can tank, heal, or DPS as effectively as others.

WvW progress can be made by blobbing and pressing 1. You won’t make any progress in raids if you did that.

in WvW

Posted by: Xenesis.6389

Xenesis.6389

Never expected it to be available anywhere except for raids, don’t know why anyone else would, don’t even care to put an ascended vendor in wvw.

You may not care but many others do. PvP can be ignored as it doesn’t use armor stats at all. That leaves WvW and PvE where stats do matter. Easily changeable stats would boost flexibility, especially when combined with swappable runes.

Once you have those the look of the armor is secondary to function. You can use Viper and then switch to soldier if it gets a bit tougher.

Plenty of WvW players use legendary weapons already, despite the sigil not being easily swapped.

Then raids are boring, repetitive and I would really rather have everyone with the same max armor stats as in PvP.

Simple option, extend the PvP all in one amulets to WvW, then it won’t matter what armor you are wearing.

I meant ANET didn’t care to put an ascended vendor in wvw so why would anyone expect legendary armor of all things to be earned in wvw.

I’ve been an advocate and argued enough with others about why wvw should have ascended vendors in wvw, we have finally learned in the last ama they will be in sometime in the future. People don’t seem to get it, in pve the journey to earn gear there means something, in pvp it means nothing. Pvp players just want the best gear right away to be on par with everyone else, they certainly don’t want to be ganked by someone who has better gear, stats, traits, etc.

Legendary armors were made as exclusive rewards for raids, don’t expect to earn it anywhere else.

Another derailing post. ^^
North Keep: One of the village residents will now flee if their home is destroyed.
“Game over man, Game Over!” – RIP Bill

in WvW

Jski.6180

what?
Ok

Yes. A bad group is going to struggle, a lot. Skill definitely shows; not everyone can tank, heal, or DPS as effectively as others.

WvW progress can be made by blobbing and pressing 1. You won’t make any progress in raids if you did that.

Why should some ppl not get legendary armor though i still do not get your basic argument. Why should any thing be locked behind any wall other then time when we are playing a “GAME” for fun and not for work.

In wvw you show off your skill by playing with skill there no skin or banana sticker on your chest to say your better then others. This is a game and asking ppl to have skill to get items is silly.

in WvW

apharma.3741

what?
Ok

Why should some ppl not get legendary armor though i still do not get your basic argument. Why should any thing be locked behind any wall other then time when we are playing a “GAME” for fun and not for work.

In wvw you show off your skill by playing with skill there no skin or banana sticker on your chest to say your better then others. This is a game and asking ppl to have skill to get items is silly.

As a reward for doing something ANet considers worthy of the skill required to get it. Look at it the other way, if your use of skill is not rewarded then what is the point in playing? Sure I can brag and say I’ve killed every boss, defeated every challenge the game has to offer but without something linked to it then it has a lot less value and less point to keep going.

ANet chose legendary armour for raids, this happened 2 years ago, I think you have all had time to come to terms with that.

I know someone is just itching for that “but roaming requires much skill” remark. Yes to be successful it does however there is no way you could implement any system for WvW that would reward that skillful play without massively rewarding karma training and blobbing. You know, the guards that literally run around pressing 1 and will even run up to downed enemies and just keep pressing 1 because they’re kittening morons who don’t even know how to stomp.

in WvW

Jski.6180

what?
Ok

As a reward for doing something ANet considers worthy of the skill required to get it. Look at it the other way, if your use of skill is not rewarded then what is the point in playing? Sure I can brag and say I’ve killed every boss, defeated every challenge the game has to offer but without something linked to it then it has a lot less value and less point to keep going.

ANet chose legendary armour for raids, this happened 2 years ago, I think you have all had time to come to terms with that.

I know someone is just itching for that “but roaming requires much skill” remark. Yes to be successful it does however there is no way you could implement any system for WvW that would reward that skillful play without massively rewarding karma training and blobbing. You know, the guards that literally run around pressing 1 and will even run up to downed enemies and just keep pressing 1 because they’re kittening morons who don’t even know how to stomp.

If that was true then you would not have wardrobes because at a point you simply look like every one because ppl can save there skins.

Its a game get over your self your not doing any thing to make your self better by playing it your playing it for fun. If you want to do something of real skill you need to do it out side of a mmorpg. Achievement is time + item in an mmorpg and nothing more. That why ppl play more pvp aimed games and why things like wvw and spvp are a great deal more skill base then pve ever will be because its not about the items or even the skins its about beating a human with a real brain not an ai with what could be said to be dumber then a rock.

If any thing legendary armor should be giving to every one as well as a wepon of every type because that the type of game GW2 is an active combat mmorpg where the ability to time and dodge is more important then gear score and level. Where every one should be given the same level of gear from the start so you don’t have ppl who are only relaying on there gear to win them fights (and they do as things stand).

Locking off legendary armor effect (not skins) is saying that only some ppl can be stronger then others though gear and gear alone not skill.

Look other rpg games vs ai ppl tend to hate the end games because they become to easy in that as you progress though the game you become stronger but that means the game becomes easier. So if your skillful and you get the best items your skillfulness means nothing because your gear and level takes over for the end fight. The effects of legendary armor have and have nots is a big differences for wvw and pve due to fexabitly to changes up after a fight for the next. The person with legendary armor dose not need to change up there game play all that much they just need to swap there gear out with a different combo. The player with out legendary armor needs to “get good” and must play with what they have as a set and gear level.

Simply put by getting legendary armor you do not need to be as skillful as the player with out and in a way it becomes a handicap. In a way legendary skins are more showing that “yes i got this but i need this to play this game and i cant play with out it.”

(edited by Jski.6180)

in WvW

Posted by: Junkpile.7439

Junkpile.7439

what?
Ok

Yes your finger get tired if you push 1111 in raids that’s why i let my reve use autoattack.

Low quality trolling since launch
Seafarer’s Rest EotM grinch

(edited by Junkpile.7439)

in WvW

apharma.3741

If that was true then you would not have wardrobes because at a point you simply look like every one because ppl can save there skins.

Its a game get over your self your not doing any thing to make your self better by playing it your playing it for fun. If you want to do something of real skill you need to do it out side of a mmorpg. Achievement is time + item in an mmorpg and nothing more. That why ppl play more pvp aimed games and why things like wvw and spvp are a great deal more skill base then pve ever will be because its not about the items or even the skins its about beating a human with a real brain not an ai with what could be said to be dumber then a rock.

If any thing legendary armor should be giving to every one as well as a wepon of every type because that the type of game GW2 is an active combat mmorpg where the ability to time and dodge is more important then gear score and level. Where every one should be given the same level of gear from the start so you don’t have ppl who are only relaying on there gear to win them fights (and they do as things stand).

Locking off legendary armor effect (not skins) is saying that only some ppl can be stronger then others though gear and gear alone not skill.

Look other rpg games vs ai ppl tend to hate the end games because they become to easy in that as you progress though the game you become stronger but that means the game becomes easier. So if your skillful and you get the best items your skillfulness means nothing because your gear and level takes over for the end fight. The effects of legendary armor have and have nots is a big differences for wvw and pve due to fexabitly to changes up after a fight for the next. The person with legendary armor dose not need to change up there game play all that much they just need to swap there gear out with a different combo. The player with out legendary armor needs to “get good” and must play with what they have as a set and gear level.

Simply put by getting legendary armor you do not need to be as skillful as the player with out and in a way it becomes a handicap. In a way legendary skins are more showing that “yes i got this but i need this to play this game and i cant play with out it.”

Salty much?

You imply I haven’t gone out and achieved something irl, I have, I have a master’s, a decent job that lets me work the hours I want, when I want and pays significantly better than average so I’m not really left wanting for anything. Just because I also like to achieve and earn things in my down time doesn’t make it not fun nor does it make it wrong. I also had to put together a raid group, lead them and teach them about mechanics, I got some help but that journey from WvW players that don’t care about PvE rotations to full clears is an accomplishment.

Like I say there’s no way to link skill to accomplishment in WvW as what is earnable by that skillful roamer is much more easily farmed by a blob pressing 1. Just because you think something should be rewarded it doesn’t mean it can be rewarded, this is the fundamental difference between WvW and PvE.

in WvW

Feanor.2358

That why ppl play more pvp aimed games and why things like wvw and spvp are a great deal more skill base then pve ever will be because its not about the items or even the skins its about beating a human with a real brain not an ai with what could be said to be dumber then a rock.

Hold it right there, cowboy. Not everyone is so keen about competitive games. A lot of people enjoy solving puzzles. Which is essentially what a scripted encounter is. Just because you prefer to beat another player at something it doesn’t make it universally better or more liked.

in WvW

Posted by: coro.3176

coro.3176

Raids seem to be more like 1% solving the encounter (most just youtube it), 19% having the right build and gear, and 80% waiting around for hours…

• LFG a raid group or organize one yourself
  • that accepts a class you can play and have gear for
  • that you meet requirements for (PING GEAR. REQ 1500 LI)
  • that eventually gets a full group together
  • that takes 30 minutes worth of bio breaks
  • that beats the raid boss in less than 15 tries

Ugh.. I don’t know about you, but that sounds like a massive pain and not much fun. I’d rather just hop in WvW and fight people.

in WvW

Jski.6180

That why ppl play more pvp aimed games and why things like wvw and spvp are a great deal more skill base then pve ever will be because its not about the items or even the skins its about beating a human with a real brain not an ai with what could be said to be dumber then a rock.

Hold it right there, cowboy. Not everyone is so keen about competitive games. A lot of people enjoy solving puzzles. Which is essentially what a scripted encounter is. Just because you prefer to beat another player at something it doesn’t make it universally better or more liked.

I get solving new puzzles but legendary armor is solving the same puzzles over and over once you get it once you just do it over for the same rewards. Raids are just not what you think they are out side of the first time you beat them.

When it comes to real gaming skill out side of getting the movement memory there not much there when it comes to pve games but when it comes to pvp games there a real skill of playing vs a real human.

At a point you stop playing vs a game in pvp but playing vs a human the only real game on earth that is important. The game just a places for playing vs humans. See card games that are more fun when you play vs some one vs a game of solitude. That is the argument of pvp vs pve being skillful and how that skill should be reward and how that reward should not effect the game it self.

(edited by Jski.6180)

in WvW

Feanor.2358

Ugh.. I don’t know about you, but that sounds like a massive pain and not much fun. I’d rather just hop in WvW and fight people.

Been there, done that. Agreed, pugging often isn’t particularly fun. But there are other options. I’ve been relying solely on guild runs for months. It’s a night and day difference. We have a schedule so there’s virtually no waiting, the atmosphere is friendly, and we’re experienced enough to be able to fool around with snowflake builds, joke about our own blunders and just have fun doing it.

When it comes to real gaming skill out side of getting the movement memory there not much there when it comes to pve games but when it comes to pvp games there a real skill of playing vs a real human.

“Real” skill? It’s all “real” skill. PvP and PvE just require different skills. Don’t preach me about PvP, I’ve played MOBAs for years, I know the value of a human opponent. But I eventually quit. Mostly because competitive environment often becomes too hostile for my liking and ruins my fun. I don’t care if it’s more interesting if I can’t have fun doing it. I don’t care about skill, either, except when it helps to have fun, as described above.

in WvW

kefro.9312

Actually im impress they are making a wvw legendary armor omg their teaser video looks amazing.
Wvw legendary video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ&feature=youtu.be

in WvW

Posted by: anduriell.6280

anduriell.6280

well i don’t need the title “legendary”. Just give me a legendary backpack and a Mistforged Triumphant Hero’s armor which i may be able to swap stats and runes at will and that would make me happy.
Raiders can keep their transformer armor, i play with medium set anyway…

I TOLD YOU SO
Inverse to Apple: SBeast is the worst yet.. jurl jurl
I’m all in for Team Irenio!