Legendary WvW Armor crafting time

in WvW

Posted by: EremiteAngel.9765

EremiteAngel.9765

For full set, 6570 tickets not including precursor cost.
365 tickets max per week
= 18 weeks

Precursor cost via Ascended T2 armor = 1310 tickets
365 tickets max per week
= ~ 4 weeks
+ Legendary conversion cost of 18 weeks

• ~ 22 weeks*
    Cost per Grandmaster is roughly 35 gold now.
    20 needed for the full set = 700 gold to get full set 7 weeks faster than the below method.

Precursor cost via Exotic T2 armor to Mistforge Ascended Armor = 1310 tickets + 2620 tickets = 3930 ticktes
365 tickets max per week
= ~ 11 weeks

• ~ 29 weeks*
    Requires 1500-2000 WvW rank for the Mistforge version.
Scourge Demo Weekend Roaming Video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qsby6rYkxS8

(edited by EremiteAngel.9765)

in WvW

Posted by: Vagrant.8613

Vagrant.8613

365 tickets max per week
= 18 weeks

365 tickets max per week
= ~ 4 weeks

• ~ 22 weeks*
    20 needed for the full set = 700 gold to get full set 7 weeks faster than the below method.

Precursor cost via Exotic T2 armor to Mistforge Ascended Armor = 1310 tickets + 2620 tickets = 3930 ticktes
365 tickets max per week
= ~ 11 weeks

• ~ 29 weeks*

Don’t forget about the 1500+ rank requirements for the Mistforged armor

in WvW

Posted by: trailofsalt.6571

trailofsalt.6571

I think you use the T2 regular triumphant armor not the T3. I am pretty sure that’s what Grant said.

Exotic > T2 > Lengendary Upgrade

The following PvP and WvW ascended armor can be upgraded to allow stat swapping:
• Triumphant Hero’s Ascended Armor
• Mistforged Triumphant Hero’s Ascended Armor

So it’s actually both.

EDIT: ADDED ADDITONAL CONTEXT

I smash “1” for greatness… (òÓ,)

(edited by trailofsalt.6571)

in WvW

Posted by: EremiteAngel.9765

EremiteAngel.9765

365 tickets max per week
= 18 weeks

365 tickets max per week
= ~ 4 weeks

• ~ 22 weeks*

365 tickets max per week
= ~ 11 weeks

• ~ 29 weeks*

Don’t forget about the 1500+ rank requirements for the Mistforged armor

Good point thanks.

Scourge Demo Weekend Roaming Video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qsby6rYkxS8

in WvW

trailofsalt.6571

I updated my post. The T3 armor is just for the skin. You don’t need it for legendary upgrading. You were showing both. I apologize. I missed that somehow. On a personal note, I think the T2 method is the best way to go.

EDIT: MAKING A CORRECTION

(edited by trailofsalt.6571)

in WvW

Posted by: albarinos.6135

albarinos.6135

too bad i have part of t3 as it is useless and COST me 700 tickets . Because i played a lot i will have my armor a lot later than the others….

in WvW

Posted by: Norbe.7630

Norbe.7630

365 tickets max per week
= 18 weeks

365 tickets max per week
= ~ 4 weeks

• ~ 22 weeks*

365 tickets max per week
= ~ 11 weeks

• ~ 29 weeks*
    Requires 1500-2000 WvW rank for the Mistforge version.

well you should be rejoicing if your a wvw player,
and you would be cursing if your a pve player

a wise man once said that Legendaries are so precious that acquiring them is only for gods and demigods
-God of PvP

so when a pve player wants to be WvW gods their reaction at the forum would be like:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iz-8CSa9xj8

Duterte Death Squad [DDS]
Gate of Madness

in WvW

Posted by: albarinos.6135

albarinos.6135

i cannot undertsand why they put high cost and augmented the ticket per weeks instead of the reverse because it completly undermine the xx weeks efforts we made to gain only 1/3 of tickets.. cannot understand that

in WvW

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

So we get 365 tickets per week now? Is that with the same amount of pips or more?

How does this compare with the time taken to get the raid legendary armor?

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

in WvW

Posted by: Zalavaaris.5329

Zalavaaris.5329

What was it that wvwers told the rest of the game when it came to wanting rewards in a reasonable amount of time? Oh that’s right… just play the game mode for the mode itself and ignore rewards and you’ll get it some day.

in WvW

Posted by: Fade.5904

Fade.5904

with these costs WvW should get the same skin as PVE

in WvW

Posted by: Deihnyx.6318

Deihnyx.6318

So we get 365 tickets per week now? Is that with the same amount of pips or more?

same amount of pips but faster to obtain since base pip was also boosted (2 more pips per tick).

It’s more or less on par with 2nd and 3rd raid armor right now. (300 LI > 23ish weeks)

in WvW

Posted by: Vagrant.8613

Vagrant.8613

i cannot undertsand why they put high cost and augmented the ticket per weeks instead of the reverse because it completly undermine the xx weeks efforts we made to gain only 1/3 of tickets.. cannot understand that

Welcome to Guild Wars, where everything is time gated and the number of hours required to get things don’t make sense! I only have 1100 tickets right now, which is close to getting me ascended T2. The grind for the 6000+ tickets is going to be hell.

(edited by Vagrant.8613)

in WvW

Posted by: C Cspace Cowboy.5903

C Cspace Cowboy.5903

I’m sorry but the WVW cost and time vs PVE cost and time is way out of balance and asnine.

PVE raid wings are 4-6 hours a week if you’re in a good group, and if you’re going for legendary, you get into a good group, or pay for runs.

4 to 6 hours a week max.

With WvW armor, you need a minimum of 30 hours a week if you are unranked. If you are up one tier, its 24 hours a week. And that’s just to grind max diamond each week.

Without a different skin like Pve got, this is dumb as hell.

Once again proving Anet cares nothing about WvW players.

in WvW

Posted by: Vavume.8065

Vavume.8065

I’m sorry but the WVW cost and time vs PVE cost and time is way out of balance and asnine.

PVE raid wings are 4-6 hours a week if you’re in a good group, and if you’re going for legendary, you get into a good group, or pay for runs.

4 to 6 hours a week max.

With WvW armor, you need a minimum of 30 hours a week if you are unranked. If you are up one tier, its 24 hours a week. And that’s just to grind max diamond each week.

Without a different skin like Pve got, this is dumb as hell.

Once again proving Anet cares nothing about WvW players.

What he said ^ , even I as a Diamond legend I spend around 12 hours a week to max out tickets, the pain must be real for lower ranks. It’s very clear to me that WvW requires far more time invested to to get a full set of Legendary Armor. I keep seeing people compare WvW to PVE in terms of how many weeks it takes, the amount of weeks is just the tip of the iceberg, think about it in terms of how many hours each take…

(edited by Vavume.8065)

in WvW

Posted by: SkyFallsInThunder.8257

SkyFallsInThunder.8257

I’m not sure how to feel about the costs in time, they are kinda high. However, comparing it with raid armor is not actually quite accurate.

For raid armor LIs you literally need to be good and do your job, and the ten million billion threads on the forum with people complaining proves that it’s not as easy as it sounds; buying runs is an option I guess but it would cost I think in the hundreds of thousands of gold for 150 LIs…

For wvw tickets you just need to be in wvw and take something once in a while. It can be boring if you do not enjoy wvw, but it is stupid easy. Maybe the huge cost in tickets is there to balance the lack of relevant skill needed.

in WvW

Posted by: Limodriver.4106

Limodriver.4106

For wvw tickets you just need to be in wvw and take something once in a while. It can be boring if you do not enjoy wvw, but it is stupid easy. Maybe the huge cost in tickets is there to balance the lack of relevant skill needed.

funny how those guilds good at raid dont even last 2 sec in WvW GVG, yea they sure got skill to pve but not pvp.

in WvW

Zalavaaris.5329

Just play the mode because you love it! If you are playing for the rewards this mode isn’t for you. You will get it some day! It is a long term goal! Yada yada

in WvW

Posted by: C Cspace Cowboy.5903

C Cspace Cowboy.5903

Just play the mode because you love it! If you are playing for the rewards this mode isn’t for you. You will get it some day! It is a long term goal! Yada yada

People in pve had legendary armor the day it came out. Full set.

The day it came out.

Wvw? Nah

in WvW

Posted by: silvermember.8941

silvermember.8941

People in pve had legendary armor the day it came out. Full set.

The day it came out.

Wvw? Nah

I think most raiders are unskill buffoons, but you are being disingenuous. PvE had a path to legendary armor for MONTHS (12+ months). The method was known. WvW just started getting the parts necessary to create a legendary only a few weeks ago.

So why would people be able to create a full set? With that said, it is probably still slower than PvE.

As u know im pro. ~Tomonobu Itagaki

This is an mmo forum, if someone isn’t whining chances are the game is dead.

in WvW

Posted by: Limodriver.4106

Limodriver.4106

who said playing this game mode must play for fun not reward? The game mode was dying without reward its obviously u didnt see that b/c u dont even play this game mode.

in WvW

Posted by: Lord Trejgon.2809

Lord Trejgon.2809

welp personally I’ll just tackle the issue slowly in my own pace one piece at a time…..

but I’d not mind lowering a little bit the cost on timelygated resources.

I wont ragequit if prices stays the same but it would be nice.

“-Shield is meant to be broken!”
“-and on this occasion I keep mine plate armors”
discussion about offensive/deffensive playstyles

in WvW

Zalavaaris.5329

who said playing this game mode must play for fun not reward? The game mode was dying without reward its obviously u didnt see that b/c u dont even play this game mode.

I completely agree, I also play for fun AND rewards. The people who said it was ridiculous for the armor sets to take 2 years to get for newer players (myself included) were told that if all we wanted was rewards to get out of wvw forever. We were told we were entitled pvers… let’s just say it feels good to be on the other side of it and all those people have just proven themselves hypocrites…

in WvW

Posted by: Lord Trejgon.2809

Lord Trejgon.2809

I completely agree, I also play for fun AND rewards. The people who said it was ridiculous for the armor sets to take 2 years to get for newer players (myself included) were told that if all we wanted was rewards to get out of wvw forever. We were told we were entitled pvers… let’s just say it feels good to be on the other side of it and all those people have just proven themselves hypocrites…

not first and probably not last time

“-Shield is meant to be broken!”
“-and on this occasion I keep mine plate armors”
discussion about offensive/deffensive playstyles

in WvW

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

same amount of pips but faster to obtain since base pip was also boosted (2 more pips per tick).

It’s more or less on par with 2nd and 3rd raid armor right now. (300 LI > 23ish weeks)

Thanks for the info. Clearly although the number of weeks might be similar the actual time in game required is not given the significantly greater time required each week for WvW (and pvp as well I guess).

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

in WvW

Posted by: fufu.8345

fufu.8345

What is the final components to make the gear into legendary?

Siafu [Fu]
Sylvari Mesmer
Blackgate Henge of Denravi Borlis Pass Crystal Desert Fort Aspenwood

in WvW

Posted by: censord.8679

censord.8679

If i worked it out correctly it should take you on 3pips about 869 hours for T2 set.

Google Sheet
https://goo.gl/ktDFpY

Keep in mind I can be wrong.

in WvW

Posted by: Colly.4073

Colly.4073

Agreed, either lower the time and cost for the current version or keep the time and cost the way it is now but give us the same skins as pve legendary.

in WvW

Zalavaaris.5329

Agreed, either lower the time and cost for the current version or keep the time and cost the way it is now but give us the same skins as pve legendary.

100% disagree with this

in WvW

Posted by: Okhu.7948

Okhu.7948

Or go raid and earn the PvE skin like every other person who raids. They give you what you’ve been asking for and you still find some way to complain about it.

in WvW

Fade.5904

100% disagree with this

Perhaps state your reasons why you disagree?
at about 3500 gold for a full set + the time gates why shouldn’t it have the legendary skins?

in WvW

Posted by: Strider Pj.2193

Strider Pj.2193

100% disagree with this

at about 3500 gold for a full set + the time gates why shouldn’t it have the legendary skins?

Review his recent post history here. It will become clear what his motivation is.

in WvW

Fade.5904

100% disagree with this

Review his recent post history here. It will become clear what his motivation is.

haha just read them, i didn’t realize it was ‘this guy’ :P

in WvW

Colly.4073

Or go raid and earn the PvE skin like every other person who raids. They give you what you’ve been asking for and you still find some way to complain about it.

Stand in one spot cycling through skills with some pre-defined script while some eliteist’s are scanning what gear i have and telling me what dps they expect and what to do and when to do it. No thanks!!

in WvW

Zalavaaris.5329

100% disagree with this

So, real talk, not being contrary for contrarys sake. I feel that wvw has their own version being the t3 armor which looks awesome (same quality as raid imho just different). I think it’s very cool that each game mode has their own unique look to legendary armor (sadly not 100% unique for PvP but it probably should have it’s own as well). Recycling skins seems lazy, I think differentiating the skins by game mode is an awesome idea and will lead to more people wanting to engage in that gameplay. I am very happy that everyone has access to the qol that legendary armor gives. Especially in wvw, I know I’ve used it a lot. That’s my honest answer as to why I hold the opinion I have.

in WvW

Strider Pj.2193

100% disagree with this

So, real talk, not being contrary for contrarys sake. I feel that wvw has their own version being the t3 armor which looks awesome (same quality as raid imho just different). I think it’s very cool that each game mode has their own unique look to legendary armor (sadly not 100% unique for PvP but it probably should have it’s own as well). Recycling skins seems lazy, I think differentiating the skins by game mode is an awesome idea and will lead to more people wanting to engage in that gameplay. I am very happy that everyone has access to the qol that legendary armor gives. Especially in wvw, I know I’ve used it a lot. That’s my honest answer as to why I hold the opinion I have.

Thank you for the reasoned response.

I would hope we all would give these responses. It makes discussions more productive in my opinion.

I may disagree with someone, but that is what makes healthy debate.

in WvW

Zalavaaris.5329

100% disagree with this

Thank you for the reasoned response.

I would hope we all would give these responses. It makes discussions more productive in my opinion.

I may disagree with someone, but that is what makes healthy debate.

Absolutely my pleasure. I really like real discussions with other passionate gamers. I tried to do that when they announced the wvw changes and I was very excited to get into the game mode more because the rewards were exciting to me. I expressed my issues with the time it would take a newer player to get these rewards and was met with hostility. Naturally the pleasantries go out the window after a certain amount of “entitled pver” comments. Regardless of that, I am very happy more players have access to legendary armor (it’s just a game, I don’t care if other people have nice things). I would prefer wvw keep their cool skins for their legendary and keep raid skins separate. However, it should take roughly the same amount of time for any player to obtain, not just a short amount of time for the super high ranked players. I think a new player or a vet should have the reasonable idea to get this armor in 3-4 months of dedicated play. Similar to raiding.

Thanks all,

Sincerely,

That guy

in WvW

trailofsalt.6571

I don’t believe WvW should have the same skin as raid armor. They’re for raids. What would be the point of that? Should WvW have a skin that is equally as flashy? Maybe. You will find that most WvW players don’t really care that much about the skin aspect as they do about swapping stats.

As for time, I don’t know. It seems long to me. The ticket part seems about right as compared to LI caps (if I have researched correctly.) However, if you include all of the other gating, the grandmaster marks, etc. I feel like WvW legendary armor will far surpass the time and cost average of raid armor. Of course, there are a lot of factors that would determine what that is and I don’t raid. That having been said, I would welcome ArenaNet to revisit the time and cost requirements to see if they are indeed following along a fair path with raids.

For those that want to discuss skill… you’re being silly. There isn’t a fair comparison unless you do both and I doubt there are many who can find the time to be both serious raiders and serious WvW players. Even if you did do both there are still so many variables that fall into what you would consider skill for both modes that it’s impossible to come up with flat facts. Each side can offer points and counter points and it likely ends up in a stalemate. I offer these points:

• WvW’ers… we have stat swapping armor now. Be happy. Rejoice.
  • Raiders… enjoy your raids. Be proud of what you accomplish there and worry not about what somebody else has.

in WvW

Colly.4073

I don’t believe WvW should have the same skin as raid armor. They’re for raids. What would be the point of that?

• WvW’ers… we have stat swapping armor now. Be happy. Rejoice.

Raider’s goto raids to enjoy the game mode they enjoy while farming for their legendary armor which involves a lot of commitment in that game mode plus i’m guessing a hell of a lot of crafting materials taboot.

WvW players are doing exactly the same and expected to give the same amount of commitment to WvW and shell out a similar amount of crafting materials.

Seems reasonable to me.

in WvW

trailofsalt.6571

Not to have the exact same skin. A different skin? Maybe. (I actually said that in my post.) But not the exact same skin. I don’t think that’s a good idea at all. I don’t think that’s going to happen anyway and I think ArenaNet already learned from the first design that it’s a lot harder than they figured it would be while in the end the final result only got a mediocre response from the community. I see this going forward (if there are going to be more) as the way legendary armor is done.

in WvW

Posted by: masta.4509

masta.4509

Hi just want to say that I understand why its 1095 tickets for the legendary war insight because there should be a time gate. However the choice of time gate is wrong it should be 100 tickets than 2k badges and 500 heroics for 1 insight. In PVE raids legendary insight were available early and raiders could stack them to the point when the legendary armor became available to craft they did. If the WvW version happened then legendary insights would have started dropping from bosses after the armor became available.

in WvW

Strider Pj.2193

Hi just want to say that I understand why its 1095 tickets for the legendary war insight because there should be a time gate. However the choice of time gate is wrong it should be 100 tickets than 2k badges and 500 heroics for 1 insight. In PVE raids legendary insight were available early and raiders could stack them to the point when the legendary armor became available to craft they did. If the WvW version happened then legendary insights would have started dropping from bosses after the armor became available.

True, but WvW’ers were able to ‘stack ranks’ which helped us also. I wouldn’t mind getting them faster, but is NA perfectly OK with the time gate. I know I will play the mode long enough to get them.

:)

in WvW

Zalavaaris.5329

Yea, if we were to compare directly we should go by the weekly cap. It is 3 weeks to get the tickets for 1 piece. 2 weeks for raids. They should drop that number by 365 to at least match the raid token system.

in WvW

Posted by: Loosmaster.8263

Loosmaster.8263

Why has no one listed the crafting components and how to make them yet?

Tacktical Killers [TK]
We’re looking for players.
PM me here or ING.

in WvW

Posted by: xikira.3264

xikira.3264

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Legendary_armor

Ok for each armor set you need one gift of war prosperity. To make a gift of war prosperity you need

1 gift of battle
15 mystic clovers
1 gift of condensed might
1 gift of condensed magic

You will then need to make the Gift of Prowess. To make one gift of Prowess you need

1 legendary War insight which cost 1095 skirmish tickets
1 Eldritch scroll
50 Obsidian Shards
1 cube of Stabilized dark energy

You then need war of dedication to make war of dedication you will need.

1 certificate of honor
1 glob of condensed spirit energy
1 certificate of heroics
250 Memories of battle

You also need to purchase the t2 or t3 ascended armor. This is per each piece of armor you will need.

The biggest time factor is the skirmish tickets since you need to purchase the ascended armor and then the legendary war insight. For the six legendary war insights your looking at 6570.

“My potions are too strong for you, traveler.”
Potion Sella

in WvW

Posted by: Loosmaster.8263

Loosmaster.8263

Thank you, I finally found that link.

Tacktical Killers [TK]
We’re looking for players.
PM me here or ING.