Logging out on downed State needs to be fixed.

in WvW

Posted by: Frosty and Frosty Law Firm.4981

Frosty and Frosty Law Firm.4981

I should be able to use a rally point if I can outrun you as a ranger, a class with literally zero “Oh noes! LOLINVIS” buttons to save itself when beleaguered by EVERY OTHER CLASS :/

Grind Wars 2: Heart of Tears

in WvW

Posted by: KiNgPiN.2075

KiNgPiN.2075

1st. I never said im doing it
2nd. Even if i was doing it, u have to proove it.
3rd. It could be fixed very easy, but arenanet dont care.

And as long they dont care ppl will be doing it. In the meantime u can cry a river

in WvW

Posted by: fefner.5729

fefner.5729

Just drop the downed system it does not work for WvW too many problems with it and it’s very unbalanced. For instance, 1 group can’t beat 3 groups running together, yes the 1 group could possibly down most of them but it only takes 1 person of the 3 group to kill someone from the small group then everyone springs to life again. It also encourages zerging and it’s the zerg that is ruining the game. My 30 person WvW guild is down to 3 cause of problems with this side of the game and the downed system is one of the few big problems.

in WvW

Posted by: ImProVocateur.5189

ImProVocateur.5189

These pvp games go about implementing logout all wrong. I tried unsuccessfully on both DAoC and Warhammer Online to get the best fix possible. Neither of those games did it. This game did not start with it. The answer is to allow the player to log the instant they want, but the character remains in play and inactive until flagged out-of-combat for a delayed period.

in WvW

Posted by: Zindel.8673

Zindel.8673

I have a better idea. Get rid of downstate and stop designing all your content around highlighting this ridiculous and mostly UN-FUN feature of the game. When this was brought to the table in your design meetings, undoubtedly there were those who opposed and you should have listened to them.

~I’m in ur keep….stealin ur cake!

in WvW

Posted by: Inconceivable.7823

Inconceivable.7823

1st. I never said im doing it
2nd. Even if i was doing it, u have to proove it.
3rd. It could be fixed very easy, but arenanet dont care.

And as long they dont care ppl will be doing it. In the meantime u can cry a river

You are going into a WvW situation where it’s not designed for solo play then you get mad when a group kills you….what did you expect? Its WORLD vs WORLD, not one guy jumping around….that’s called PVE. If you really want to do the puzzle, you have to get some others to do it with you, this is a social game and you can’t solo everything, and if you try, you can’t get mad and rage log out because it bit you in the butt.

And I hope your server is doing well and you’re not taking up valuable server space where people who want to contribute to the server are waiting to get in while you try to do solo jumping puzzles.

in WvW

KiNgPiN.2075

Nah dont worry about me mate, im just trying to say why are ppl doing it. Im not persuading anyone to do it. But anyway, as i said, It Could Be Fixed. I hope your server is doing well too, thx

in WvW

Inconceivable.7823

Oh I know why people do it…because we live in a society where more and more people don’t think they’re responsible for the consequences of their actions. “I’m not dumb for walking in solo to an area where I should logically epect groups of people that want to kill me, it’s that they’re meanies so I’ll rage log out and that’ll show them how not nice they are for playing the game as designed”.

That with a sprinking of “hey I lost fair and square but I’ve been getting a ribbon for a 7th place finish my entire life so I don’t know how to handle losing in a somewhat competative environment:”

in WvW

Posted by: Swiftly.2385

Swiftly.2385

That with a sprinking of “hey I lost fair and square but I’ve been getting a ribbon for a 7th place finish my entire life so I don’t know how to handle losing in a somewhat competative environment:”

I LOL’d

QFT

in WvW

Posted by: kousei.5914

kousei.5914

Anet really can’t do anything about this. They can’t stop people from killing the process…

Leader of Marked Souls [MkS]
Jade Quarry

in WvW

Posted by: katniss.6735

katniss.6735

I started doing it because I read it on the forum that it was possible. I feel like a trolling thief now. Thank you for allowing us to do this. I kite through a pile of mobs, as many players as I can get to chase me, and then log when I’m at 25%. Then I port back to the entrance after I log back in. I’m proud of it. P.S. My server has like 25% of the players on the other 2 worlds in WvW. What do you expect? Pretty much every class other than an elementalist becomes God in full crafted crit gear vs someone without it. Vit/toughness (karma/badges) is supposed to counter someone critting with every ability. How about no? Right now I can gank all kinds of people, and then when I’m out-numbered, I just leave. Thief can still reign supreme over logouts. It’s too fast. I haven’t been doing it on downed state. I don’t wait that long. Thanks for telling me I can do it then, too. Adding to repertoire.

Server: Maguuma – Leafy Lass – Elementalist (WvW)
Guild: Bill Murray [Bill]/ [DERP]
twitch.tv/mlgw2

in WvW

Inconceivable.7823

Anet really can’t do anything about this. They can’t stop people from killing the process…

What do you mean? AN can absolutely stop this and it happens in many other games. You log out or completely disconnect, your avatar still stays in game for 10-20 seconds, you get the kill/loot and they get the penalty. I immagine AN will make it so at some point.

in WvW

Inconceivable.7823

I started doing it because I read it on the forum that it was possible. I feel like a trolling thief now. Thank you for allowing us to do this. I kite through a pile of mobs, as many players as I can get to chase me, and then log when I’m at 25%. Then I port back to the entrance after I log back in. I’m proud of it. P.S. My server has like 25% of the players on the other 2 worlds in WvW. What do you expect? Pretty much every class other than an elementalist becomes God in full crafted crit gear vs someone without it. Vit/toughness (karma/badges) is supposed to counter someone critting with every ability. How about no? Right now I can gank all kinds of people, and then when I’m out-numbered, I just leave. Thief can still reign supreme over logouts. It’s too fast. I haven’t been doing it on downed state. I don’t wait that long. Thanks for telling me I can do it then, too. Adding to repertoire.

Where did AN say you can/should do this? I’d love a quote or a link….because I read everything as “we’ll look at this and address it”. Be more strategic, don’t run into zergs, make groups, join a guild…but don’t violate the spirit and hopefully soon the rules of the game. And I say this as an elementalist.

in WvW

Inconceivable.7823

Well I guess we’ll see what AN says….if they don’t address this and the daily server switch fairly fast, I’m done with GW2 because I WvW exclusively. And don’t get me wrong, I WANT to continue playing GW2 but not in a toxic environment…in the end, its a game and I want to have fun. If AN lets things happen that make it not fun for me then I will not play…and maybe if they take them away, others won’t…so they need to figure out what is more profitable for them since they’re a business and I can’t and won’t fault them for trying to make money. So we’ll see what they think is the best move and I’ll act accordingly.

Again in the end it’s just a game and you can only get so upset; you just move on to another game, I hear they exist…

in WvW

Posted by: Takaidira.6501

Takaidira.6501

what most games do is prevent u from logging out period when fighting/attacked/etc. what anet needs to do is put this into full affect even if they alt+f4 there char will be forced to stay in for a minute or two. and prevent them from jsut relogging so easily. its an unfair advantage/glitch if u want to call it that there takeing advantage of and basiclly makeing it unfair to the rest of us.

or what they can do is call it unbalanced/unfair advantage w/e they call it team play and punish people for doing it.

in WvW

KiNgPiN.2075

So, instead of waiting for 1-2 kills on puzzles or map and stealing the valuable place help your server by capping enemies bases. I never seen someone loging of in fight where ppl are caping bases. Problem solved.

in WvW

katniss.6735

You know how many people are doing it because of this and other threads? If it’s allowed, then why would we need a statement saying so? If it gets “fixed” faster because I’m brave enough to admit to doing it, (unlike 99% of the people in this thread claiming the contrary), then shouldn’t you be thanking me? ANet commented on a timer that may or may not be working as intended. They didn’t clearly state that you shouldn’t be able to log out in combat or downed state. I don’t run into zergs. It just happens when your server doesn’t even play the game. I did it about 3 times so far. At puzzle after killing people, then getting out-numbered. Had a ranger on me that was negating 1/3 of my hp every 10s while he was underwater. :/ And another time when I was being chased. All because someone posted you could do it yesterday.

lol@cannons.

twitch.tv/mlgw2

in WvW

Posted by: Xia.3485

Xia.3485

I see lots of people nerd raging about others logging out before they die. Honestly if the person you’re attacking simply gives up, why are you so mad? Its not like they can log right back into WvWvW with the queue.. and its not like they are getting anything meaningful done in there by logging out.

If people want to talk about exploits and cheats, talk about that nasty teleportation and flying hack. That’s a bannable offence. Rage quitters? Sucks to be them imho.

in WvW

Posted by: Takaidira.6501

Takaidira.6501

Xia,
were not mad becuase they give up and log out. they log out and back in to prevent the points to be taken or shown. its not right either way u look at it

in WvW

Posted by: Xia.3485

Xia.3485

How do the logouts stop you from taking towers and keeps exactly? How can someone loging out affect your server’s score? Its a matter of perspective. When someone logs out when I’m running after them, I grin.. heck it makes me even chuckle. If they log out while I’m taking there resource depot, I love it.

in WvW

Posted by: Vistal.2906

Vistal.2906

I see people in all kinds of ways just loging out if they get cought 1v2 or they are losing 2v2 or 3v3, 2-3 of them will insta log out.

in WvW

Posted by: Ploter.8391

Ploter.8391

This definetly does not appear to be working.
I noticed this in a fit of frustration one night.
Alt F4 seems to immediatly close the game & log the user out thereby removing them from WvW.
There should be a server side timer that has no regard for client connectivity.

in WvW

Posted by: Robdalf.2561

Robdalf.2561

What do you mean? AN can absolutely stop this and it happens in many other games. You log out or completely disconnect, your avatar still stays in game for 10-20 seconds, you get the kill/loot and they get the penalty. I immagine AN will make it so at some point.

GW1 has a 10 minute disconnect timer (in PvE at least) where your toon stays in game on an abrupt d/c. I know because I healed a buddy’s toon for nearly the whole of that time at the end of The Deep so that he could reconnect and get his chest loot. For WvW I think a combat logout should work the same way.

in WvW

Posted by: Vexus.5423

Vexus.5423

Nah no timer just make logging insta-kill a downed player in WvW or sPvP. Fixed.

in WvW

Posted by: Ben K.6238

Ben K.6238

Forget the timer, just give them armour damage on disconnect. Server-side workarounds can’t be circumvented by just killing the GW2 process.

GW1 has a 10 minute disconnect timer (in PvE at least) where your toon stays in game on an abrupt d/c. I know because I healed a buddy’s toon for nearly the whole of that time at the end of The Deep so that he could reconnect and get his chest loot. For WvW I think a combat logout should work the same way.

GW1 had that for a disconnect, not a logout.

in WvW

Posted by: Spicyhash.7605

Spicyhash.7605

I do this all the time and frankly I will never stop until it’s patched. I have zero problem dying in large zerg fights but on the rare occasion a person and I are fighting 1v1 and someone else comes along and I get downed due to having just used a heal or whatever, I’ll ALT+F4 even BEFORE I get downed. In sPvP I’m to the point where dying in general is just unacceptable and I return to the mists 99% of the time when I’m downed before I can get stomped. If there was no downed state and you didn’t have to sit there like an idiot and watch your character get stomped I would have absolutely n0 problem with dying and would never quit.

CD

in WvW

Posted by: Uder.9187

Uder.9187

I had that several times, guardians/warriors disappearing in downed state and wont come back and there was noone around to stealth them etc, i tab targeted and aoed the area.

The Iron Triangle – Desolation
Leina Shade | Svea Lightbringer | Maximus Ironhide | Mara Deathblossom

in WvW

Posted by: Ianervan.3415

Ianervan.3415

I thought I was going crazy with everyone disappearing around me just before they’re about to die. I thought: “Sure, one would go offline.. but all of them??”.

Sadly, that seems to be the case. Now that queues are gone, people are doing this en masse. It’s really a massive phenomenon and it will increase as many more become aware of this nice feature that avoids repair costs and doesn’t reward your foe.

Yes ANet should fix this, but I’m more concerned about the state of the general population. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5cB5voc5-6Y&t=0m13s

Unemployed people should not receive any social benefits if they are already working in an MMO.

in WvW

Posted by: Mystiq Angelic.8193

Mystiq Angelic.8193

The ONLY reason players do this is because of repair cost. It’s not always a fair fight in WvW situation where you get outmanned, 1v2, 1vX, glitches, hacks, and forced to take the unfair loss to player himself. The world is cruel, true. Like SPvP, I think there shouldn’t be a repair cost for player killings. PvE aspect of WvW can deal with repair cost. I’m finding myself losing more money than I actually make in WvW and get little to no badges. Players like to get rewarded for their time spent. At the end of the day, the gold you make may be just about breakeven the repair cost which is certainly not encouraging in the long run.

“If you sacrifice nothing, you gain nothing”
GWAMM & CotG
[HERO] – Star Leader – Black Gate

in WvW

Posted by: Vistal.2906

Vistal.2906

its as simple as making a 40 sec logout timer.IDK about repair cost Get your self a full set of magic find armor ..farm creeps for 20 min and make a gold then go back.

in WvW

Posted by: Croimos.8302

Croimos.8302

Happened to me the first time today. Pisses me the hell off. I personally like the 10 sec logout suggestion.

in WvW

Posted by: Limulus.4380

Limulus.4380

I see this happen a lot too. I hope it’s fixed soon.

in WvW

Posted by: sazaw.1347

sazaw.1347

How do the logouts stop you from taking towers and keeps exactly? How can someone loging out affect your server’s score? Its a matter of perspective. When someone logs out when I’m running after them, I grin.. heck it makes me even chuckle. If they log out while I’m taking there resource depot, I love it.

I approve. I have the same thinking as you do.
Logout issue doesn’t bother me at all in w3. What matters is we got to capture/defend objectives successfully. Same for jumping puzzle camping. They’ll just weaken their server.
But it would be annoying in sPvP. Just like anet said, if timer is not working, it should be fixed.

Wrath T – Asura Necro | Don Hohenheim – Norn Guard | Bellcroxx – Human Mesmer
[DKJ] – Jade Quarry

in WvW

Posted by: Niim.9260

Niim.9260

In response to Matt above, combat has never prevented you from going to character selection screen regardless if you are downed or not. While I agree with everyone above that this needs changing, I think it is important to review the code that keeps you in combat first. Right now if you do not move far enough away you can stay in combat indefinitely even if nothing is hitting or attacking you. I force log in PvE at times just to get out of combat.

As for force logging in PvP I really do not care. The moment then do it, I won the fight and that is really all that matters to me. So not only did they lose, they are now an exploiter as well. The issue with reporting these kinds of things is how do you report someone that is no longer there and you have no idea what their name is because who looks at that in a random pvp fight?

~ AoN ~

in WvW

Posted by: Frizz.6704

Frizz.6704

Easy solution would be if you are in a downed state and log off you die. So when you come back on you still have to repair and the other character who kills you gets the reward.

in WvW

katniss.6735

Whoever said you could log out on downed state lied. lol It puts you wherever you zoned in from dead so you have to pay the silver for the wp, unless someone rezzes you.

twitch.tv/mlgw2

in WvW

Posted by: Enenion.8127

Enenion.8127

Whoever said you could log out on downed state lied. lol It puts you wherever you zoned in from dead so you have to pay the silver for the wp, unless someone rezzes you.

Or unless you went into WvW from a city where using the waypoint is free. Besides, you still avoid paying the repair fee so it still saves you money.

[Help],
Fort Aspenwood

in WvW

Posted by: Gankfest.4965

Gankfest.4965

I’ve seen this happen, I laugh it’s kinda funny… When you think you’re going to get the last laugh… Your opponent steals it and logs out!

Gankfest™ ~ <PRX> ~ JQ
80 ~ Thief/Guardian

in WvW

Posted by: aycheff.1740

aycheff.1740

Honestly, its really a simple solution, and one that almost every MMO has done.

Unless you’re in a town or some kinda neutral point in the map/WvWvW/sPvP hitting log out of character select takes maybe 15-20 seconds to completely go. If someone Alt+F4s, they’re still logged in for like 5 mins or whatever you will, and which point the game will recognize the person as being offline. The latter also helps with if someone DCs in a dungeon or something.

Really simple things that every MMO have standardized but this one, I don’t get it. Do they hire monkeys?

in WvW

Posted by: Saint.4952

Saint.4952

This is becoming an extremely annoying problem considering Badges of Honor already have such a low drop rate, this reduces the chances for receiving one even further. Not to mention the jumping puzzle vault door is STILL bugged so I can’t get badges from there anymore either. In this state, WvW is not worth doing for me until these issues are resolved.

in WvW

Posted by: Renegadeslx.4703

Renegadeslx.4703

I hope it never changes. Cracks me up every time.

in WvW

katniss.6735

When you give me a matchup where my server has more than 1% of the other team’s population, I’ll stop doing it.

twitch.tv/mlgw2

in WvW

Posted by: ravic.3742

ravic.3742

The quote system is broken again (imagine that), so here goes:

“We do have a combat timer that prevents players from logging out or using a rally point. I’ll check into making sure this timer is getting applied to players in a down state as well.”

There are NO timers whatsoever that prevent players from logging out while in combat. None. Zero. Zilch. Log out to the character select screen is instant. Your character logs back in with full health. Why is it that an ArenaNet representative (and by extension ArenaNet) has absolutely no idea how this game works? Have you guys never played the game? Was there no testing done at all before you replied? Am I the only one that thinks this is a huge problem?

Khaej – 80 Norn Engineer
Ouroboros Protocol [OP] – Dragonbrand